The Horizon by Koroth
Summary: “I know… But was it wise for not telling Harry of what may lie beyond him when he reaches Horizon? A new threat lingers among us, so tell the prophecy. Who knows if it has associates running around in Horizon, unnoticeable to the human eye?” asked Luna.
I may have abandoned this story, but I am working on rewriting it into a better story. So please moderators, do not delete this one because of the reviews I received and I want this to stay so I can look back on it and smile :) (And I also wanted this to be kept because of my friend... [look in the a/n in this first chapter])
Categories: General Fics Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 3 Completed: Yes Word count: 7136 Read: 5185 Published: 12/05/04 Updated: 12/19/04

1. The Horizon Storm by Koroth

2. Eric by Koroth

3. New Introductions, New Beginnings by Koroth

The Horizon Storm by Koroth
AUTHOR'S NOTE

This chapter is dedicated to the slain hero, Andrew Stewart.


Chapter 1 “ The Horizon Storm

“All aboard, the S. Elle! We will depart shortly.” announced the announcer.
Harry Potter was seen talking to Luna Lovegood, both standing near the dock.
“Oh, Harry! Are you really sure about this? I’ll come with you!” pleaded Luna.
“No, this is my only chance to start a new life “ a life away from all this pain… Besides, you don’t even have a ticket!” admitted Harry. “After learning that Ron and Hermione both died, I’m not going to harm anyone else by staying here. Especially you and the baby that you are pregnant with.”
Luna started to whimper.
“B-but this just isn’t fair!” cried Luna.
“Last warning to board the S. Elle! I repeat this is the last warning to board the S. Elle!” shouted the announcer.
“Goodbye… I will try to write each day.” Harry kissed Luna on the cheek, grabbed his luggage, and boarded the ship.
“I will miss you!” shouted Luna.

The ship started to set sail, and rain slowly poured down on them. Harry and the ship disappeared through the fog that had begun to close in around the port.

***

“Welcome to a bright, sunny day in the town of Horizon…” the radio was turned off by a tall, skinny woman.
“Asako, wake up!” shouted the woman.
The girl in the bed squirmed around, trying not to wake up.
“Asako, did you hear me?!” shouted the woman, even louder. “You are going to be late for the “”
The woman was interrupted from a man’s voice downstairs.
“Kira, can you come down here and help me with this please?” asked the man.
“Yes, Winston dear, I’ll be right down.” replied Kira. “Hurry up and get up!”
Kira walked out and slammed the door, making Asako suddenly wide awake.
Oh no, I’m going to be late! Stupid alarm clock, why didn’t it ring! Ugh… thought Asako as she scrambled to get out of bed.
Downstairs, Kira was seeing Winston off as he went to work.
“Dad, hang on a sec! I just need to put on this last sock and then I’m done…” Asako quickly fastened on a sock and ran down the stairs, and stepped into her shoes. “Okay, we can go now.”
“I’ll miss you sweetie, don’t drink too much red rum now!” Kira kissed Winston, and then Asako on the cheeks.
As she slowly closed the door behind her, she carefully stepped backwards from the door and a hand suddenly grabbed her and covered her mouth.

Asako and Winston are sitting in the car, beside each other.
“So tell me again… Why are you going to the port today?” asked Winston.
“I told you this like a dozen times already! I am going to the port because the S. Elle is coming back in and Neil is on it!” explained Asako.
“Oh really… How interesting… Who is this Neil kid again?” chuckled out Winston.
“Must I tell you everything again, father?” complained Asako.
“Alright, alright… I was just having a little fun.” exclaimed Winston.
They started coming into view of the port and Asako noticed the ambulance.
“Whoa, dad, uh… Why is there an ambulance?” asked Asako, looking out the front window.
“You better go check because it’s almost rush hour on the highway and I don’t want to get stuck in it and waste almost half of Friday afternoon just driving through it!” prompted Winston.
“Okay, have fun with the guys this weekend dad.” Asako kissed Winston on the cheek and opened the door. She ran off towards the ambulance and Winston drove off.

“Everyone, please stand back! We have an emergency situation here!” announced the doctor.
“Excuse me, what is going on here? There was supposed to be a ship docked here by now and all I see is -” Asako was looking at the face lying on the stretcher, and gasped. “Oh my goodness…”
“Nurse, his heart stopped pumping and we need a life saver here, stat!” explained the doctor, and the stretcher was pulled up into the ambulance.
“Doctor, I know that person and I think it would be best, if he had woken up in that hospital and the first face he sees was mine.” ordered Asako.
“Oh, just get in.” demanded the doctor.
The doctor climbed in behind her, closed the door, and the ambulance drove away.

***

At the hospital, a young lady saw Asako walking in through the emergency doors behind a group of nurses and a doctor.
“Asako, I heard what happened and I’m so sorry about Neil!” exclaimed the lady.
“Thanks for being here and just waiting for us, Miranda.” mentioned Asako.
“Miranda, where is your father? We have an emergency situation here.” interrupted a nurse.
“Yes, I know. He’s right over there.” Miranda pointed towards the counter where he was filing away his paperwork.
“Thanks.” said the nurse and she walked over to him. “Dr. Daniel Cordon, we need you right away.”
He looked up and saw the nurses pulling the stretcher into the emergency room.
“This was what I was afraid of…” mumbled Dan.
“Are you going to help or not?” asked the nurse.
“Oh, yes that’s right I am sorry.”
Dan walked out from behind the counter, hurried to the emergency room, and told Asako that everything will be okay.

***

Luna Lovegood is now seen sitting down on the floor, her eyes closed, and trying to use her temporarily telepathic powers that she had received from drinking the Telepathy Potion.
Come on Ron… Please pick up. I know you can do it…
Luna was then interrupted with a knock on the door. She stood up, and opened it to her amazement.
“Professor Dumbledore… It is always a surprise to see you at the most unexpected moment.” responded Luna.
“Yes, indeed it is. How goes the telepathic connection?” asked Dumbledore.
“Nothing yet.” replied Luna.
“You do know that we are wasting our time trying here, and each ended with a result of failure.” explained Dumbledore.
“I know… But was it wise for not telling Harry of what may lie beyond him when he reaches Horizon? A new threat lingers among us, so tell the prophecy. Who knows if it has associates running around in Horizon, unnoticeable to the human eye?” asked Luna.
“Starting to speak like a true Seer now… Tell me, what predictions can you make as of now, seeing that you cannot reach Ron or Hermione through telepathic connection and from the rumors that you have heard?” wondered Dumbledore.
“Well… Seeing as they are only rumors to us for now, I would assume that Harry will meet a lot of friends, and everyone’s lives will be at ease, knowing that he has destroyed the Dark Lord.” Luna jokingly said.
“You are forgetting that even with, Voldemort vanquished, wizards and witches alike must still keep everything hidden from the Muggle world.” corrected Dumbledore. “We have never tried going as far as exhibiting a part of the magical world.”
“Indeed that is true, but as a Seer, I just have this feeling that that statement will change very soon.” Luna explained.

***

“Doctor, is everything alright?” asked Asako, as Dan came out of the emergency room.
“Please, just call me Daniel, or Dan whatever you prefer. And yes, Neil Bank’s heart is back to pumping, which means you two can both go see him if you like… However, hospital rules are not to make loud noises in the emergency room unless you are calling for help.” responded Dan.
“Good to hear, thanks Dan!” Asako and Miranda ran towards the emergency room, and walked inside. Neil was sleeping silently on the bed, eyes closed.
As they walked beside him, Neil’s eyes started to open.
“Hey.” Neil said silently.
“Hey… How are you feeling?” asked Asako.
“A bit better.” responded Neil. “I think I’ll be making a full recovery though.”
“Of course you will be! What would I do if you had moved on?” wondered Asako.
“Don’t worry, honey.” replied Neil.
“I think I’ll just go outside and wait…” piped up Miranda.
“Okay.” Asako said.

“Hey sis, have you heard that dad’s friend’s entire family is flying in from America today?” asked a man coming up to Miranda as she walked out.
“Hey David, no I didn’t. Which friend is coming and for how long are they staying?” asked Miranda continuing to her seat.
“Jeremy Edwards, that tall guy with short hair and black eyes…” mentioned David. “I think I heard dad say that they were staying here so that they can live in a better environment.”
Miranda looked shockingly at David.
“Are you serious? Have they found a place to stay yet?” continued Miranda.
“Oh yes, remember that house that the neighbor was selling? It was them that bought the house, the Edwards family.” explained David.

***

An owl arrived at Luna’s window. She opened it, grabbed the envelope from the owl, and flew off. Luna gave the envelope to Dumbledore.
“What does it say?” asked Luna.
“Kira Kwon, a suspected witch within the league of the new threat has disappeared from her home this morning at approximately nine hundred hours.” read Dumbledore, he rolled up the letter and threw it into the fire.
“Wrong. Kira is not a suspected witch, but is on our side of goodness.” announced Dumbledore.
Luna sat back down on the carpet, and meditated so that she could try reaching telepathically to Kira. After a few seconds waiting, she opened her eyes.
“No answer.” Luna sighed.
“Go ahead and keep trying, Luna. I have to head back to school. The new Minister wants to have a word with me about the current stage of things.” Dumbledore winked at her and walked out the door.

***

The nurse came back into the emergency room holding a clipboard full with papers.
“Neil Banks, I have your test results and everything shows up perfectly, as if the incident never happened at all.” explained the nurse. “The doctor says that it is your choice if you wanted to stay and rest here for the night, or leave now.”
“I think I’d like to leave now, after all, I didn’t come back here for nothing.” reminded Neil.
The nurse helped Neil out of bed, and he hugged Asako as the nurse left.
“Miranda is outside waiting for us, let’s go.” instructed Asako.
“Asako, I think, that we should celebrate this day with a walk out on the beach by the port. What do you say?” ask Neil.
“That’s perfect. Seven o’clock?” responded Asako.
“Sure, now let’s go outside and meet Miranda.” insisted Neil.

They both walked outside and saw Miranda talking to David.
“David! What a pleasure to see you again, buddy!” exclaimed Neil, walking towards him to hug him.
“Neil! Is everything alright?” asked David.
“Yes, you don’t have to worry.” replied Neil.
“Hey Miranda, there’s this new club named The Fairside and they’re having a grand opening celebration tonight, you want to come with me and David?” asked Miranda.
“Oh, I’d loved to but Neil and I already made a plan for tonight. Perhaps some other time?” responded Asako.
“Yeah, okay then sure.” Miranda looked sober.
“Neil, I just get the feeling that I want to go to the beach now. Maybe we can eat lunch there, and then we can go around town sight-seeing for awhile?” asked Asako.
“You sure you want to go now?” asked Neil.
“Yes.” replied Asako.
“Okay, we’ll see you around then David, Miranda!” Neil and Asako waved them goodbye.

***

Daniel Cordon walked down the hallway and bumped into a nurse.
“Oh, Dr. Cordon, someone is here to see you. I think his name was Jeremy Edwards?” explained the nurse.
“Thanks I was expecting his arrival.” responded Dan.
He filed away his folder and walked outside the front entrance.
“Jeremy! How have you been?” asked Dan, patting his friend on the back.
“You know us, we’re doing just great. Why don’t we go to the coffee shop and have a little something to drink?” responded Jeremy.
“Sounds like a business proposal. Where are the kids and wife?” continued Dan.
“They’re at the new home unpacking the boxes and cleaning up.” replied Jeremy.
“Good to hear, good to hear!” Dan continued to smile happily at Jeremy.

***

Asako and Neil walked along the beachside holding hands.
“Everything is just perfect, don’t you think Neil?” Asako hugged him.
“Yeah… I liked the way how things turned out for us.” Neil discussed.
Asako had let go of Neil and looked towards the waves that were splashing against the sand. As the wave went back down again, Asako shrieked as loud like a tiger and fainted into Neil’s arms.
Neil looked over and saw a young boy lying unconsciously on the sand. From what Neil could make of him, the boy had black hair, round glasses, his clothes wear all torn up, and had a very thin scar on his forehead that was shaped liked a bolt of lightning.
Eric by Koroth
AUTHOR'S NOTE

New characters appear in this chapter - and things get heated up as Eric appears. Read on to find out more about this new, interesting character.

Warning For Drinking (Not Abusive)


Chapter 2 “ Eric

Neil stood by the waves, sightseeing, waiting for Asako and the mysterious boy to wake up. Suddenly, his cell phone rang and he picked it up from his pocket.
“Neil here.” responded Neil.
He nodded his head as he listened to the person talking to him.
“Sure, I’ll get there as soon as possible.” Neil hanged up and put his phone back into the pocket.


“Now, what do we have here? Two little boys having a drink… You’re pathetic,” said a man as he walked over to Dan and Jeremy.
“What are you doing here?” Dan asked rudely.
“Be careful Dan…” whispered Jeremy.
“Yes, I would take your little boyfriend’s advice and to be careful of whom you talk to. You don’t want anything dangerous happen to you or your family now would you?” threatened the man.
“Don’t you dare talk about her like that! I know you had something to do with her disappearance!” shouted Dan, standing up and grabbing the man by his tie.
“Let go of the tie,” the man said quietly.
“Eric Evans, the man you wanted to speak to has returned.” announced the assistant, and Dan let the tie loose of his grasp.
Eric took one last look at the two and walked off.
“Come on.” Dan stood up and started walking towards the exit, followed by Jeremy.
“Where are we going?” asked Jeremy.
“I’m bringing you to my place.” ordered Dan.


Asako finally started to stir up a bit and opened her eyes. She stood up, and saw Neil sitting by the rocks.
“How are you doing?” asked Asako.
Neil turned and kissed her on the lips.
“Fine… Hey listen, Asako, Julie wants to see me at her office and if I’m late, I’ll lose the job I’ve been holding onto for a few years.” mentioned Neil. “So, if things come to worse with this kid, you’ll know where to catch me.”
“You have to go now? That means we won’t be able to finish our romantic day!” exclaimed Asako.
“Don’t worry, I’ll be back after I see Julie, okay? I’ll see you later.” Neil waved her goodbye and disappeared into the distance.


Asako started walking back to the mysterious boy, and decided that she would slowly search through his pockets hoping that he would have a wallet, or at least something that could help her identify him.
She found the wallet in the side pocket, and opened it up. It was hard to distinguish, as the papers were ruined by the waters. As she looked through the wallet, not one bit of information could be found; the identity card itself was missing.
The wallet was then placed back safely into the pocket, and Asako’s arm was grabbed by a sudden movement of the boy’s hand.
“What are you doing?” asked the boy.
“I was just looking for your identity card…” muttered Asako.
“It must’ve fallen out when I went into the water. My name is Harry, Harry Potter.” Harry let go of Asako’s arm.
“My name is Asako Kwon… Why were you in the ocean anyways?” wondered Asako.
“Is this the Horizon Beach?” asked Harry, standing up and looking around. “It looks so beautiful in the eyes of a human being.”
“Yes, it is. Are you sure you’re feeling okay? Do you want to go to the hospital?” asked Asako.
“The beach looks so amazing “ better than in the pictures I had seen!” Harry continued to ignore Asako.
“You were looking at pictures? What business do you have here in the Horizon?” asked Asako.
“I wanted to start a new life, a life without pain and death. After hearing two of my best friends were pronounced dead, I wanted to move here “ my dream town.” explained Harry, putting his arms out in the open and walking in circles, looking at the sky.
“I’m so sorry.” responded Asako. “What were their names and how did they die?”
“They were Ronald Weasley and Hermione Granger. Their death was in the most unusual way, you would think I’m crazy.” continued Harry, putting his arms back down.
He walked towards her.
“They died a very, horrible, horrible, death.” announced Harry.


“Stay here, Jeremy. I’ll be right back.” instructed Dan, as he walked into his bedroom on the second floor.
Jeremy looked around, and picked up a picture of a young, beautiful looking lady. He turned it over, and there was nothing.


Upstairs, Dan opened his bedside drawer, and took out a small, sharp knife.
“Dan is everything alright?” asked Jeremy, coming up the stairs.
Dan was startled and so he dropped the knife back in and closed the drawer.
“Ah, yes. Why not we head to your house and see how they’re doing?” suggested Dan.
“Alright.” agreed Jeremy.


“Eric Evans, welcome back to Hogwarts. Now, what is it that you wanted say?” asked Dumbledore, sitting in his office chair.
“Well, as you know we are trying terribly hard to cover up minor incidences within the Muggle area but with the new threat coming closer and closer, it is stressing out the Ministry.” explained Eric.
“What do you want?” Dumbledore asked firmly.
“We need your help at the Ministry, help make things less stressed out by leaving Hogwarts.” proposed Eric.
“Then who would be the Headmaster?” continued Dumbledore.
“Do not worry; I will appoint the best of our league. So, will you help us at the Ministry?” asked Eric.
“When I find the time is appropriate, I will leave. But now it is not the time. If you have nothing else to say, then you can make your way out.” responded Dumbledore.


A woman was sitting at her office desk, and then heard a knock on the door.
“Come in.”
The door opened, and Neil appeared.
“Ah, good boy… You showed up on time.” the woman stood up.
“Good afternoon to you too, Julie Evans.” responded Neil. “What did you want to see me for?”
“When will you be able to start working again?” asked Julie.
“Very soon I hope.” replied Neil.
Footsteps were heard coming closer to the room.
“That’ll be all now.” Julie sat back down.
“Mother, I’m going to use the car so I can drive me and my boyfriend Richard to the grand opening they’re having tonight at the new club.”
The footsteps belonged to a lady as she walked in. She looked up from her purse and noticed Neil.
“Neil, welcome back.” the lady hesitated.
“Rachel, it’s good to see you again.” replied Neil.
“Will you be going to the grand opening with Asako tonight?” asked Rachel.
“It depends on how things work out when I go back to see her.” responded Neil.
“Alright then… See you later.” Rachel waved to him as Neil walked out the door.


“So, how did they die exactly?” asked Asako.
“If I had told you, you would think that I’ve gone crazy.” replied Harry.
“No, don’t worry… I won’t laugh, or think you’re crazy… Everyone must die sooner or later.” discussed Asako.
“Okay, I’ll say it then. They died in a house fire…” Harry started to sob a bit.
“Come on! That’s not crazy one bit! Unless that’s not the truth and you’re hiding something...” doubted Asako.
“No, it’s the one and only truth.” Harry continued to sob lightly.
“Why should I believe a total stranger that suddenly appeared on the shore of a beach? For all I know, you could be lying and trying to take advantage of me.” Asako started to talk a bit louder.
“Do you think a guy would start crying after he’s just told some stranger how two of his best friends died?” shouted Harry.
Asako looked scared.
“I’m sorry I shouted… I shouldn’t have really.” Harry sat down.
“Well, I’m sorry that I started to doubt you… So we’re even now?” Asako was interrupted as the sound of a car engine and blinding light appeared in front. Neil stepped out.
“Hey, I’m glad to see you’re okay. My name is Neil Banks, and this is my girlfriend Asako Kwon.” Neil shook hands with Harry.
“Um, sweetie, he already knows my name.” Asako looked at Neil.
“Oh, well then what’s your name?” asked Neil.
“I’m Harry Potter, and you’ve got a pretty good looking girlfriend you have there, Neil.” admitted Harry.
“Ha, ha, ha very funny there… Don’t try it.” Neil said as he pretended to laugh. “So, what business you have here?”
“I think your girlfriend can answer that.” Harry nodded at Asako.
“Yes, but let’s do it when we get back to your place for the night… Right now, I just want to chill, and have a little fun.” Asako started to tickle Neil playfully.
“A new club named The Fairside will be celebrating the night with a grand opening special… Rachel and her boyfriend Richard will be there.’ discussed Neil.
“And so will Miranda and her brother David.” explained Asako.
“Excellent, so if Harry comes with us, it’ll be a perfect six!” Neil turned to look at Harry. “Do you want to come to the club with us? It’ll be an honor to have you with us.”
“You want me… to go with you?” Harry was stunned.
“Yes, and obviously you’re new in town and don’t have any residence or know anyone at all.” continued Neil.
“Alright, sounds good to me!” responded Harry.
“Great! I think we should go now though, come on!” Neil waved for Asako and Harry to get in his car.


David and Miranda sat down at a table for two.
“This club is so amazing; I think it’ll make a big hit.” Miranda waved for a waiter to come by.
“What can I get you?” asked the waiter.
“I’ll have a Sex on the Beach and what do you want David?” asked Miranda.
“I think I’ll go with the Bloody Mary.” replied David.
“All drinks are on the house tonight.” the waiter walked off.
David continued to look around and saw Rachel standing with Richard at the bar.
“I’ll be right back.” David got up and left.
Miranda started to stare at the entrance as people were coming in. Neil, Asako, and Harry walked in. They spotted Miranda sitting alone and came towards her.
“Hey Miranda, this is Harry… Harry, this is Miranda.” introduced Asako.
“Oh hi, who are you?” asked Miranda.
“I came to the Horizon so I could start a new life.” replied Harry.
“I see… Very interesting of you.” responded Miranda.
The waiter came back with the two drinks.
“Here is your Sex on the Beach and your boyfriend’s Bloody Mary.” the waiter looked at the others that just arrived. “Will you like to order anything?”
“No thanks.” replied Asako.
The others nodded in agreement.
“Enjoy the show.” the waiter left.
“Excuse me, everyone may I have your attention here please?” asked the speaker at the microphone.
Everyone in the crowd turned to face the speaker.
“Thank you… Good evening all and my name is Rick Stewart. We have a very huge surprise coming your way! Now, please let us welcome…” started Rick.
There was a drum roll.
“The most popular singer in all of England “ Yoshiko!” shouted Rick.
The lights dimmed as the crowd cheered on. The lights then flashed back on in the blink of an eye, and Yoshiko appeared.
“How you all doing tonight!” shouted Yoshiko.
The crowd screamed louder in excitement.
“Let’s do this.” whispered Yoshiko.
The lights flashed in all directions using different colors. As the introduction to the song was being played, David, Rachel, and Richard came over to where Miranda, Neil, Asako, and Harry were standing.
“Doesn’t Yoshiko just sings the best songs ever?” asked Rachel, as she hanged out with Miranda and Asako.
“Yeah, and he’s totally cute!” Miranda giggled. “Hey David, your Bloody Mary is here.”
“Thanks.” David took a sip from his glass.
“Hey Richard, how’s it going with you and Rachel?” asked Neil.
“Everything is going alright… I’m not sure about her though. We haven’t been having our frequent talks lately. I don’t know why.” admitted Richard.
“Well, it’s good to hear that you’re getting along with her.” Neil jokingly said.
“By the way guys, this is Harry Potter. Harry, this is Rachel, David, and Richard. We found Harry at the beach today.” announced Asako.
“You found him? How can you just find a person?” Rachel took a sip from her glass.
“Um, well… He just appeared unconscious on the shore…” continued Asako.


“Judging by the way Harry looks at Asako, I’d say he have feelings for her.”
Eric was watching the group of six at the club on his monitor screens.
“Luckily they don’t pose a threat to the Evans Empire Estate, isn’t that right, Mr. Evans?” the assistant asked, as she was massaging Eric’s shoulders.
“I didn’t ask you for your opinion. You are lucky that you’ve been loyal to me these past few years, or else you wouldn’t be named Mrs. Fiona Evans.” announced Eric, and he laughed aloud.
New Introductions, New Beginnings by Koroth
On The Previous Horizon:

+ “Don’t you dare talk about her like that! I know you had something to do with her disappearance!” shouted Dan, standing up and grabbing the man by his tie.

+ “Is this the Horizon Beach?” asked Harry, standing up and looking around. “It looks so beautiful in the eyes of a human being.”

+ “This club is so amazing; I think it’ll make a big hit.” Miranda waved for a waiter to come by.



Chapter 3 “ New Introductions, New Beginnings


As Luna moved around in her bed, she tried to sleep but couldn’t. She then woke up with a start, and saw an owl at her bedroom window. She opened it, took the letter, thanked the owl, and started to read the letter as the owl left.

Luna walked back to her bed, and read that Harry was checking in on her to see if she was having any problems with the pregnancy. She then went to sit down at her desk, took out a new piece of parchment, and started writing.

Harry… I’m beginning to have doubts whether the pregnancy was truly positive or not. After all, the item that Muggles uses to check isn’t always correct. I will be going to St. Mungo’s Hospital tomorrow and see if I really am pregnant. There is no need for you to reply “ I’ll send a new message once I am confirmed. Thanks for checking in.

- Luna


***

“Sir, you have someone wanting to see you.” Fiona told Eric over the phone.

“Bring him in.” responded Eric.

The door opened, and Rick walked in.

“I am sorry to disturb you, but I need your help…” reported Rick.

“What is it?” asked Eric.

“I’ve taken a liking into the girl... named Rachel. However, love always has an obstacle to get by, and this time it is her current boyfriend Richard.” explained Rick.

“So you want me to help you break them apart? That is simple, but there is one condition in order for me to help you. The first part is that if the breakup is successful and Rachel comes over to you willingly, you get to keep your job at the club. If the breakup is successful yet Rachel doesn’t come to you, you lose everything.” discussed Eric.

“Losing everything that the contract is accounted for?” asked Rick.

“Yes. Do you agree to the condition?” answered Eric.

“I’ll do anything to get Rachel.” agreed Rick.

“Excellent.” replied Eric.

***

Dan walked out of his house to pick up the morning newspaper. As he looked up towards his neighbor Jeremy’s house, he saw a woman picking up the newspaper as well from the front porch.

“Hey Tracy, how’s the unpacking going?” asked Dan.

“We’ve finished yesterday.” answered Tracy, looking up.

“Good morning sweetie.” Jeremy appeared and kissed Tracy. He looked over and saw Dan. “Hey.”

“Hey, how are the kids doing?” asked Dan.

“Dad, you’ve got a phone call from someone at work.” Miranda shouted from inside the house.

“I’ll be right there.” Dan shouted back.

He waved them goodbye, walked inside and closed the door.

***

“Hey Harry. Were you comfortable last night in the guest room?” asked Neil, walking into the kitchen.

“Yeah, thanks.” responded Harry.

“You know how to cook?” noticed Neil.

“My Aunt Petunia used to force me into cooking meals all the time when I was living with her family.” explained Harry.

“Quite a disciplined family you were living with. Anyways, Asako told me what you told her, and I’m sorry for your losses.” admitted Neil.

“It’s okay. Pancakes are now done for breakfast.” finished Harry.

“They look delicious.” Neil sat down at the kitchen table.

Harry took his plate into the living room and sat down on the couch. He noticed a familiar looking newspaper sticking out of Asako’s bag. He reached for it, and as he unrolled it, it was an issue of the Daily Prophet!

There were two big headlines that caught Harry’s attention: “The New Minister’s Hidden Intentions”, and “Azkaban “ Into the Cold”.

“Something smells good…” Asako sniffed the air as she started to walk down the stairs.

Harry was startled by her voice and quickly rolled it back up and placed it back into Asako’s bag.

“Good morning Harry! What are you doing?” Asako noticed Harry was touching her bag.

“I uh… I was just trying to see if the delicious smell was coming from inside?” Harry lied.

“Well there are different kinds of perfume inside if you want to try them on.” responded Asako.

“No thanks.” Harry moved back to his plate.

***

Rick walked up to a house and knocked on the door. It opened and Julie appeared.

“Yes?” asked Julie.

“Hi, I was just wondering if Rachel Evans was here?” asked Rick.

“And who would you be?” responded Julie.

“I would be Rick Stewart, General Manager of the new club in town.” answered Rick.
Julie looked bewildered.

“You know, The Fairside?” told Rick.

“Oh! Ha, ha, ha if you haven’t told me that I’d think you were just some random guy Rachel knew and was trying to hit on her. Rachel! Someone is here to see you!” Julie giggled as she shouted to her.

“What’s so funny mom?” asked Rachel, walking to them.

“Nothing dear, I hope you have fun.” Julie left them at the door.

“Who are you?” Rachel asked, looking towards Rick.

“I’m Rick Stewart, I was the announcer for last night’s surprise show and I’m also the General Manager of the new club. After I saw you in the audience last night, I just have to meet you.” explained Rick.

“And you’re doing that by stalking people? No thank you!” Rachel slammed the door on him.

***

Eric sat in his office, watching and laughing at the humorous attempt Rick is trying to use to get Rachel.

“Silly fool… They will never learn how to be patient enough.” muttered Eric.

The door opened and Fiona came in.

“Is there anything I can get you Mr. Evans?” asked Fiona.

“For the last time, stop coming in! No more paycheck for you this month, Fiona.”

“I’m sorry Mr. Evans but this is what you hired me to do!” cried Fiona.

“Shut up! If you say one more word you’ll be fired and transported out of this town so that he will never be able to meet nor see you.” shouted Eric.

Fiona ran out of the office and slammed the door.

“Whining like a baby… Oh well, she’s stuck here forever so he won’t be able to see her at all anyways. Plus, now that he’s here, it’ll be even easier to manipulate him.”

Eric laughed evilly as he took his cigar lighter and lit a picture of a young baby on fire.

***

A young lady that looked to be in her mid-20s had stepped into a coffee shop, and took off her coat.

“Michelle?” Miranda had just finished putting away new cups the shop had ordered and noticed the lady.

The lady shrieked in joy as she saw Miranda.

“Miranda!” shrieked the lady.

“Michelle!” Miranda ran to her and they both hugged.

“What are you doing here?” asked Michelle.

“I’m working here as a part-time waitress!” admitted Miranda. “How do you like this town so far?”

“It’s so wonderful! I love all the sightseeing!” discussed Michelle.

“We should take some time off and go window shopping! When winter comes along, it’s the best time all around!” continued Miranda.

The door opened and in came Sam Edwards, Michelle’s oldest brother.

“I got the car parked and its pouring rain out there!” announced Sam.

“It’s nice to see you too Sam.” waved Miranda.

“Hey, Miranda… You’re working here now?” asked Sam.

“Yes, and now I have to get back. What would you two like to drink?” replied Miranda.

“Coffee would be fine.” answered Michelle.

“Make that two coffees.” responded Sam.

They both went to sit down at the nearby couch as Miranda left to get their drinks.

***

Rick continued to knock on the door. It opened and Rachel opened.

“I thought I told you to get lost?” Rachel was getting frustrated.

“No you didn’t, if you would please give us a chance to work? I’ll give you free drinks and tickets to all showings at The Fairside!” pleaded Rick.

“Don’t think bribing is going to work.” Rachel slammed the door again.

Richard came running to the door and looked at Rick.

“What’s your problem?” asked Richard, and he knocked on the door.

“Will you please stop knocking?” shouted Rachel as she opened it again. She looked up and saw Richard standing there. “Richard… Hi, want to go out now?”

“Is this kid bothering you?” asked Richard.

“No, of course not.” replied Rick.

Richard punched him in the face and Rachel gasped loudly.

“Richard!” Rachel said loudly.

“What is going on out here?” asked Julie walking towards them. “Never mind, I’m going to be late for work if I stay for explanations.”

Julie left, and Rachel turned to Rick.

“Are you okay?” asked Rachel.

“Yeah, I am thanks.” replied Rick.

“Richard, I never knew you would be the type to punch someone else. I think we need to take a break. And I’m not going to choose you either Rick.” announced Rachel.

The boys both had shocking expressions on their faces.

“Ugh, I have to leave.” said Rachel as she walked away.

***

David, Sam, Michelle shared the couch while Miranda walked towards them.

“It feels good to finish a day’s work, don’t you think?” asked Miranda, taking off her apron and sitting down in the nearby chair.

“Sure it does.” replied David, as Sam’s cell phone rang.

“Hello?” asked Sam, picking it up.

The others heard a mumbled voice on the other line.

“Yeah, sure you want me to come now?” continued Sam. “Okay, I’ll see you in a few, bye.”
He hanged up.

“I’ve got to go meet this girl I met when we were still on the plane coming here. Catch you later.” Sam waved goodbye as he walked out.

Miranda noticed the worried look Michelle had on her face.

“Don’t worry Michelle, your brother is old enough to protect himself.” assured Miranda.
Michelle smiled in response. The door opened and Rachel came in.

“Hey Rachel, what’s wrong?” asked David, as she came to sit beside him.

“Oh, everything is.” answered Rachel. “Richard and I were doing so fine until Rick had to appear, and things just worsened as Richard punched him in the face.”

“Whoa, wait a sec. Rick from the club? As in the Rick Stewart?” asked Miranda.

“Yes, and then I told Richard that we need a break because I thought he wouldn’t do such a thing, and obviously I wouldn’t choose Rick. You know, I still don’t know how he found out where I live.” explained Rachel.

***

Eric watched the television monitor as Rick and Richard were standing in the front of Rachel’s front porch.

“Well, this looks like the end of a well-brewed up relationship. It’s time to move things along now Rick.” said Eric, talking to him-self.

***

“Good afternoon, Dan. Seeing as how you keep on asking for a new assistant, I’ve hired you a suitable person.” announced the boss.

“It’s about time Victor. Who is it?” asked Dan, putting away his cooking gloves.

“Daniel Cordon, I would like to introduce to you Angela Marshall.” introduced Victor.

“Nice to see you again, Dan.” greeted Angela. “I’m as shocked as you are.”

“I take it you two know each other?” asked Victor.

“Angela was my high school sweetheart before I met Amanda Hudson in university.” explained Dan.

“A small world we have here… Well, enjoy the afternoon.” Victor waved goodbye.

As he walked out of the kitchen, Dan moved Angela to the side.

“Why are you doing this to me?” asked Dan.

“Doing what? I didn’t know it was you when I applied. Victor didn’t tell me anything.” responded Angela.

“Then why didn’t you sound surprise when you saw me?” continued Dan.

“I saw you from behind Victor.” answered Angela.

***

Julie turned into the driveway and parked her car. She entered through the front door and made a sudden halt.

“Oh no, what happened here now?” asked Julie.

Rick was on the floor with a nose bleed, and wounds everywhere while Richard was standing over him. Richard also had wounds on his body, but no where close to life threatening as Rick’s were. The living room was completely ruined.

“I’m going to charge you two with assault. If Rick dies from this, Richard you can kiss your ass goodbye and will never be able to see Rachel ever again.” Julie walked over to the phone and started dialing the emergency number. “Hi, this is Julie Evans and I would like to report two people to the police. Oh, they’re already on their way? Good.”

As she hanged up, they heard sirens in the distance. The police officers and medical nurses came rushing into the house.

“Which one did what?” asked the Officer.

“The one standing is Richard, and he seems to have harmed the guy lying down named Rick more.” responded Julie.

The Officer motioned for the nurses to check up on Rick and Richard.

“Do you know what happened?” continued the Officer.

“Not really, I just got home to this mess and found this place the way it is now. But I’d assume they were fighting over my daughter Rachel, because Richard originally liked her, and then Rick came in to steal her away. I left after I heard Richard punching Rick.” explained Julie.

“Thanks for the info, Mrs. Evans.” The Officer walked towards Richard and held out a set of cuffs for him. “You are under arrest for the physical assault of Rick Stewart, and will be sentenced to jail for 3 years if he dies from it.”

He pushed Richard out the door as the nurses brought in a stretcher to carry Rick onto. Julie followed them out, and noticed Rachel coming home with David.

“Richard?” wondered Rachel, aloud.

David looked at him in disgust as he was brought into the police car. As the door closed on him, the stretcher with Rick on it came out from the house.

“Rick?” said Rachel, even louder.

Rick’s stretcher was lifted into the ambulance, and the nurses followed it in. The driver then drove off into the distance.

“Mrs. Evans, I need you to sign this sheet of paper here before I take him into custody.” announced the Officer.

As she signed it, Rachel started to sob silently, trying to hold back the tears.

“Let’s go…” whispered David.

David comforted Rachel’s back as they walked away from the house slowly.

***

Fiona walked into Eric’s office.

“Yes, Eric?” asked Fiona.

“Type up a letter saying that Rachel now has full management of The Fairside… Then go get Rick to sign it, and send it to her.” announced Eric.

“I’ll do it right away, Mr. Evans.” Fiona bowed to him and walked away.



On The Next Horizon:

+ "Miranda, I have a new job offer!" exclaimed Rachel.
+ "Asako!" Neil shouted as she fainted into his arms.
+ "Do not have anything from your past life with Angela get in your way of work." Victor warned Dan.
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=5326