It's a Part of You Now by HarryPotter is my LIFE
Summary: Just as Ron and Hermione's relationship begins to blossom, a horrific event occurs. Kidnapped by Severus Snape, Hermione is taken to the remains of Malfoy Manor. There, she meets her worst enemy, Draco Malfoy. But somehow, he's different. Will Hermione be lured by Draco's new kindness, or stay true to Ron?
Categories: Dark/Angsty Fics Characters: None
Warnings: Violence
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 5 Completed: Yes Word count: 7434 Read: 12456 Published: 06/29/06 Updated: 09/06/06

1. Prologue by HarryPotter is my LIFE

2. Learning to Trust by HarryPotter is my LIFE

3. An Explanation from the Past by HarryPotter is my LIFE

4. Return to Normalcy by HarryPotter is my LIFE

5. Epilogue- Life After by HarryPotter is my LIFE

Prologue by HarryPotter is my LIFE
Author's Notes:
Thanks to rgfawkes and Lurid for betaing!
Harry, Ron and Hermione walked cautiously through the graveyard. The Final battle had happened a year ago, and the graveyard was filled with the large number of casualties. It had been only four years since they had left Hogwarts, but it had felt like forever.


The trio tried to visit often, but it was usually only Ron and Hermione because Harry was busy with his and Ginny’s one-year-old twins. Their daughter was named Lily, for Harry’s mother, and the son was Arthur, for Ginny’s father, one of the unfortunate casualties of war.


“Harry James Potter ” bellowed a voice.


Harry recoiled and guiltily looked up towards his bedroom window. The graveyard that the trio was walking in happened to be part of the newly erected Potter Manor. The graveyard was filled with casualties of the war. The dead were buried and those whose bodies were not found, had a monument to them. In the fight against evil, no person was too minuscule to be left unrecognized.


When Harry escaped the battle alive, he did not take it for granted. He realised just how lucky he was. So in honour of those less fortunate, he hade offered to use the Potter Mansion graveyard. It was open to all of those with loved ones in buried, and those who simply wanted to pay their respects to those who fought.


“Yes?” answered Harry.


“Please, Harry, you know exactly why you’re being called I need help with the kids ” yelled Ginny.


“Sorry guys,” mumbled Harry, before dashing back to the house.


As soon as Harry was out of earshot, Ron and Hermione cracked up. Ginny definitely had Harry wrapped around her finger, but under that was love, it was obvious.


Ron and Hermione were quiet as they walked around the graveyard. Hermione shed tears when looking at the graves of her parents. Voldemort had stooped so low as to attack a Muggle town... the one that Hermione’s parents lived in. Many of the poor, defenseless Muggles had tried to escape in their cars, but Hermione’s house was at the far edge of town, and her parents never watched television, they couldn’t have seen the news report. They did not know of the horrible murderers roaming their town until they were victims themselves.


It had been two years since their deaths, but Hermione had still not come to terms with it. But who could expect her to? Ron felt the same was about his father, though he chose not to show the weaker side of himself by crying. He sometimes cried, but tried to avoid it whenever possible. He did however comfort Hermione.


He wrapped his arms around her and she buried her bushy-haired head into his chest. Her body shook with sobs as her tears wet Ron’s shirt, but Ron did not mind. This was a normal occurrence and he certainly welcomed it. As Ron had told Harry, he really liked Hermione and actually, he was pretty sure it was love. Hermione felt instantly comforted as Ron wrapped his arms around her. Her tears were heavy and soaked Ron’s shirt. She felt terrible because this was not the first of his shirts that her tears stained. Nevertheless, Hermione enjoyed being in Ron’s arms. When Ginny had first given birth to her children, she tired easily. One day, Harry and Ron had given her a break and taken Lily and Arthur out. During their absence, Hermione had giddily told Ginny of her love for Ron.


Both Ron and Hermione secretly looked forward to this common occurrence in the graveyard. One might call it an unofficial date.


“Are you alright?” Ron asked softly.


Hermione gave a small nod and wiped the tears from her face.


She gave a bitter laugh. “You’d think that I’d at least be able to control my tears by now.”


“Don’t say that Hermione,” Ron protested. “There’s nothing wrong with you crying, honestly, it’s called grief. It will never leave you; it’s a part of you now.”


There was a silence between the two, but it was comfortable.


“Listen Hermione, I’m going to go see my father’s grave.” Ron’s face was oddly pale. “Are you coming?”


“No, I think I’m going to stay here,” answered Hermione, quietly.


Ron walked off and Hermione watched him kneel down in front of his father’s grave. He obviously thought Hermione wasn’t watching or he didn’t care if she saw him cry because she was sure she saw a tear or two slip down his cheek. His pale, freckled cheek...


Hermione heard a crack behind her and wheeled around. It was the sound heard when someone was Apparating. No one was there... But she was sure she heard someone. Wary from the after affects of the war she began crossing the graveyard to where Ron was standing. Hermione gasped as Severus Snape’s head appeared from the middle of nowhere, and only his head.


He’s wearing an invisibility cloak, thought Hermione. Before Hermione could even pull her wand out of her pocket, Snape pulled the cloak from his body, displaying a blunt hammer.


“Ron ” Hermione called frantically.


Ron looked up to see Hermione running towards him, being chased by the wretched man, the killer of Dumbledore. Though the chase worked to Hermione’s advantage. Severus Snape was chasing Hermione by Apparating to wherever she had been, and he wasn’t chasing her on foot. He yanked his wand out of his pocket just to see Hermione trip over a tree root.


Hermione looked up at Snape. Her fall was going to cost her, and she knew it. Hermione received a sharp blow to the head, and her world slowly blackened as she slipped into unconsciousness. Ron ran towards Snape as he fired a stunning spell at him. The red jet of light never hit him. Snape had Disapparated, taking Hermione with him, before Ron’s stunning spell even came close.


“Harry, Ginny ” Ron screamed.


Tears finally made their way down his face. He did not care if the entire wizarding world saw him sobbing. His love was gone. He was frantic. His body was debating whether to stay frozen as it was or go jump in the freezing lake behind the mansion.


“What’s the matter Ron?” asked Ginny, who had appeared at the window. She saw Ron’s face and knew something had happened.


“Hermione. Snape has her ” Ron answered through his raging anger. He felt as though the world was crashing down around him.


“Harry,” Ginny said, shakily, as she turned from the window. “Go down to Ron, now.”


Harry stayed put with a frown on his face. “Ginny I’m tired of you ordering me around all the time! I love you, but-”


“Hermione’s missing you bloody idiot ” Ginny yelled.


Harry’s face paled as he ran out of the room. Ginny soon followed him, after making sure her children were safely in their cradles.


Although he didn’t feel it, Harry needed to be brave for Ron’s sake. He watched his best friend and felt Ron’s pain. Harry knew that Ron’s life had fallen apart in seconds.


“Don’t worry, Ron. We’ll get her back.”
Learning to Trust by HarryPotter is my LIFE
Author's Notes:
Thanks to my wonderful beta, Lurid!
Hermione awoke with a blasting headache. She looked around the unfamiliar room and immediately disliked it.

The bleak room had walls of stone and smelled strongly of mould. The smell came from the mould that Hermione could see beginning to grow in the corners. The only furnishing in the room was a mat on the floor. An uninviting straw mat.


The door in the room was of a heavy oak and was open a crack. Hermione’s crouched position on the floor was uncomfortable and the discomfort only increased when she stood. She gingerly walked towards the door and peered out the crack. She glimpsed a swish of black cloak as it turned the corner. Whoever the person was, they had black hair. Greasy black hair.


The previous events came back to Hermione in a flash. Ron’s arms around her, Snape taking her, and then being hit in the head. For the first time Hermione noticed a plate of food in the room. As disgusted as she was by the place, she was starving and welcomed food.


“I wouldn’t do that if I was you,” said a voice of warning.


Hermione whipped around to see Draco Malfoy standing in the doorway.


“And just why not, you horrible wretch?” asked Hermione defiantly.


“Because it’s poisoned,” answered Draco.


“And why should I believe you? You never liked me, it was probably your idea for Snape to take me in the first place, and now you want me to starve,” spat Hermione.


“Do as you please,” drawled Draco, “I was only trying to help.”


Before Hermione could reply he was gone. Idiot thought Hermione bitterly. She turned eagerly to her food, ready to take a bite when she stopped. The food smelt rather odd. Lifting the plate to her nose she pulled away. It definitely smelt funny. Was it possible that Draco was telling the truth?


The clink of glass on stone caused Hermione to turn. She saw another plate of food sitting by the door. She walked across the bleak room and picked up the food, it smelt normal. Did that make it safe to eat?

“That’s safe, I swear,” said Draco.


Hermione startled. “You scared me.”


“Sorry,” answered Draco sincerely.


Draco watched in surprise as Hermione greedily dug into the chicken and potatoes on her plate. But then again, he should have expected it. She had been out for two days. He silently left and returned with another plate of food. With the last of the first plates’ food still in her mouth she yanked the second plate from Draco’s hands.


Draco surprise had turned to amusement at seeing the perfect, prim Hermione Granger eating her food like Ronald Weasley. Actually, he thought. She was worse.


When Hermione was had finally finished her meal, she looked up to thank Draco but he was gone.


That’s odd. Why does he keep disappearing? wondered Hermione. Now that she was comfortably full, she didn’t know what to do. She certainly wasn’t tired, and there was nothing to do in this empty room.


My wand thought Hermione excitedly. But when she reached into her pocket, she found it not there. Falling back into despair Hermione tried Disapparating, but nothing. Not that she had actually thought it was going to work. With nothing to do Hermione sat on the prickly straw mat and stared at the gray ceiling.


***


Back at the Potter’s mansion, Ginny was frantic. Hermione was her best friend and she was missing. The only comfort was her two wonderful children Lily and Arthur. Arthur had raven colored hair just like his father, but Lily’s was a mystery. Lily’s hair was also the same color as her father’s, but she had absurd highlights in it. Contrasting the dark hair of her father, she had streaks of her mother’s bright red Weasley hair.


Flames burst in the fireplace and Ginny hurried over to greet Harry and Ron who were returning from the ministry. They had been there most of the time the past few days looking for any information that could lead them to Snape.


All Ginny knew was that she would not feel a bit sorry for Snape when Ron caught up with him. He deserved all the pain Ron would cause him; hopefully Hermione would be able to send a spell or two in Snape’s direction.


“Well, what did you find?” prodded Ginny.


“There have been various sighting of Snape around Britain, but no one’s seen him long enough to capture him. Another troubling fact is that he seems to have possession of an Invisibility Cloak, meaning he can be anywhere, even right next to us, and we won’t know.”


Harry was right, that was a troubling fact. But something in the back of Ginny’s head told her that she wouldn’t need to worry.


He’s seeking revenge on Hermione for what happened that day at the Final Battle. concluded Ginny.


***


As Hermione slept away the days, food would continue to appear. She presumed it was the food that Snape put out so she didn’t touch it. Each time Malfoy would stop by and leave her a safe plate of food, taking the tainted plate back with him.


Sometimes Draco would come and talk to her. Hermione asked Malfoy many questions. Some he answered, some he didn’t dare.


Hermione enjoyed talking with Draco. She could tell that he had honestly changed since they were younger. Though she could never forgive him, she went as far to call Draco her friend. It was also a plus that he had discontinued his calling her ‘Granger’ and ‘Mudblood’ though; those are always expected of friends. When she told Draco that she would like it if they could be friends, he was happy; happy enough to confess that in his life, he had never had a true friend besides her.


Through Draco, Hermione was able to learn about her surroundings. The place she was in was the remnants of Malfoy Manor. The old rundown building had been destroyed during the second war in the same fire than Draco lost his parents in. Snape had set out to kill Hermione... though she already knew this and the reason why, too. Draco also explained about the magically locked safe that Hermione’s wand was being kept in.


Every time he thought he wouldn’t be missed, Draco would sneak his way to the safe and work on breaking all the spells holding it closed. Draco unveiled to Hermione that he was close. The handle is starting to move. Hermione squealed at the wonderful news, quickly quieting at Draco’s hand over her mouth.


“Do you want him to hear you?” demanded Draco angrily.


Hermione shook her head, terrified that the old Malfoy seemed to be shining through.


“I’m so sorry Hermione,” apologised Draco once he saw the fear in her eyes. “It’s just that if Snape comes in here, then we’ll both be dead.”


Meanwhile, Snape was growing increasingly furious. He couldn’t figure out why she wasn’t dying. His brilliant plan was falling apart. His plan to put her through a slow and painful death using a watered down poison wasn’t working. Somehow the poison wasn’t affecting her. He didn’t see how though. Three times a day he would leave her food while she slept. Later he would come back to retrieve an empty plate. The woman was wand less, she couldn’t make it disappear, there was no where to hide it in the empty room... so why wasn’t she dead?


Many would have thought Snape would have just given up. Given up and moved onto the next unlucky victim. But Hermione Granger wasn’t chosen at random. He waited at the graveyard many days,. waiting for the perfect time. Many would have thought he would have taken Harry, but he didn’t.


He took Hermione Jane Granger for one single reason.


She was the reason that he no longer had any legs.
An Explanation from the Past by HarryPotter is my LIFE
Author's Notes:
Thank you to Lurid, my wonderful beta!


A/N: The spell ‘Privor Membros’ has been made up by me. As far as the English-Latin dictionaries tell me it should be privor = to be deprived of, membros = limb. If any one speaks Latin fluently and can correct me (if I’m wrong) then just leave a review with the correct words.

”You may have bested everyone in your class, Granger, but you’ll never wise above me,” Snape growled.


“Are you willing to bet your life on it?” retorted Hermione savagely.


Snape threw a spell at her and she easily deflected it. After five repetitive minutes she was growing weary. No matter how much she didn’t want to admit it, Snape was a tough opponent. But she had to keep going, Harry was fighting Voldemort and the only thing that was stopping Snape was her.


Ron could have helped, but he was busy holding his own against Lucius Malfoy.


“Sectumsempra!” cried Hermione.


Severus Snape dodged the spell by not even an inch, it skimmed that top of his head.


“You’ll pay for that,” he snapped. “Crucio!”


Hermione scream curled and browned all the leaves on the trees. White hot knifes pierced every inch of her body. She saw Ron’s face, and Harry’s too. She saw the Burrow and Hogwarts castle. She smelled new roles of parchment and fleshly mowed grass. Everything she loved flooded her mind, helping her survive the otherwise unbearable pain.


As soon as the pain had flooded her body, it stopped. But the memory of the pain didn’t. Hermione’s breathing was harsh and heavy as she gingerly rose from the ground.


“Had enough?” snarled Snape.

Before Snape could cast another spell, Hermione Apparated behind him and sent a spell straight to the back of his head.


“Privor membros!” panted Hermione, out of breath from being hit with Crucio.


Snape screamed in agony and fear as his legs were magically detached from his body. Hermione could not stand the gruesome sight and gagged. She Disapparated when she could no longer take the sight.


Severus Snape pondered over his options. He needed to take some time to think about this. Rash decisions never turned out well. It would be so much simpler to use the killing spell on her, but he wanted her to die a slow painful death, just as he almost had.


Snape could not walk, since he had not legs. He needed to Apparate everywhere he went. It was a hassle, but it was better than having someone help him.


Snape disappeared, and then reappeared on the other side of the room. He used his arms to pull himself up onto his special stool; it was slightly rounded so that he would not topple off. He pulled a spell book from the bookcase and began to search.


***


Hermione sat, waiting for Draco to come. She didn’t want to eat the poisonous food, but she was painfully hungry.


She stared at the door, perhaps trying to use her mind to make it open and Draco appear. The door opened a crack and Draco stepped in.


“Sorry,” he panted, “but I was trying to get the wand, I’m sure there wasn’t more than one spell left, but I heard Snape Apparate and was afraid it was into that room. I ran as fast as I could to get here.”


Draco took out his wand, moved it in a swishing horizontal movement. The food disappeared. He used his wand to make the same movement, though vertically. Hermione hungrily attacked the food that had just appeared on her plate.


“You know, I never thought of you as one to eat much, Hermione,” confided Draco.


“Well, I never usually am,” responded Hermione, though slightly muffled due to the food in her mouth. “But, I’ve never had to wait for meals; I usually have them at the same time everyday.”


Draco shrugged and settled himself into a corner of the room.


When Hermione finished her food, she went and sat next to her new friend. She turned to him with a serious expression.


“What changed?” she asked.


“What do you mean?” questioned Draco.


“I mean, what made you change, you certainly weren’t like this a few years ago.”


Draco sighed and looked away. He stared as if he was looking at beautiful scenery though a window, but all he saw was gray, grimy walls.


“A lot of things, I suppose,” he said finally. “For one, my parents weren’t there to influence me anymore. They always encouraged me to get involved with the Dark Arts, to shun Muggle-borns and call them nasty names. Under no circumstances was I to associate with Gryffindors.”


Draco took a breath, and the look on his face showed that every word was practically killing him. It was obviously a sensitive subject for him, and Hermione realised it.


“Draco, you don’t have to-”


“No,” he protested. “It feels good to finally tell someone. So, it changed when Voldemort recruited me. My mother became a frantic wreck, ever my father sent a letter from Azkaban, warning me to be careful. I finally witnessed first hand, Voldemort’s methods of torture. I was supposed to kill Dumbledore, but I couldn’t. Under my parents influence, I never liked him, but he never wronged me. He was always kind and had kept my secret, even though he could have turned me over to Azkaban. When I fled with Snape, I was soon able to breakaway. I snuck through Britain, into libraries into private homes, looking for new spells to help me. When whispers came, that the Final Battle was approaching, I went. Unnoticed by Snape or anyone, and fought for the good side. I killed a number of Death Eaters, including one, that you thought you killed.”


Hermione’s face took on a look of unbelieving surprise. Surely he was mistaken? How could he have killed the same person that she did?


“Fenrir Greyback. A werewolf, only able to be killed by silver through its’ heart? You must have forgotten this Hermione... In the darkness, you didn’t see me behind the Death Eater. At the same time you sent ‘Avada Kedavra’ at him, I put a stake through his heart,” Draco told Hermione.


“I never realised. I should have thought back, noticed that a spell wouldn’t kill a werewolf, but I didn’t look back. I tried so hard to block out that horrible night,” said Hermione. She spoke in a monotone, as if on command. Hermione didn’t seem to be in the same realm as Draco.


“When the fire occured in this very mansion, killing my parents, Snape came here. I found him. I had been hiding out, hoping my parents wouldn’t find me. I finally saw the evil of the late Voldemort. I didn’t want them to bend my mind again. I saw Snape enter the mansion and followed him. It’s been my purpose to kill him, but I haven’t been able to do it. He may have ruined many lives, and killed many people, but I just can’t forget how I used to look up to him.”


Hermione, whose mind was back into focus, could see tears shining in Draco’s eyes. She was almost hysterical thinking about it. The Malfoy she knew back in school would rather have died, than be seen crying. She vaguely recalled Harry mentioning, that the day he had used ‘Sectumsempra’ on Draco, he had seen him crying, in the bathroom. Hermione hadn’t believed it, she didn’t think it was possible of the once heartless creature. Now she believed Harry. As they said, seeing is believing.


“Now you know the truth,” said Draco.


“Now I know the truth,” repeated Hermione.


“I’ve got to go, before Snape get’s suspicious,” Malfoy said.


Hermione nodded. The last thing she wanted was her only companion being gone. She watched his back as he left the room, and felt a pang of longing. It surprised her.


Her pang of longing was not for friendship, as it usually was, but for something more. It was the same longing she used to feel with Ron...The one she should still be feeling.


Hermione felt suddenly drained. They energy that possessed her just a few minutes ago was completely gone. She dragged her heavy feet to the mat. It felt surprisingly comfortable as she lay her head down and drifted into sleep.


***


“Come here,” demanded Snape.


Malfoy walked over to the evil man, dreading what next assignment he was going to be given. Torture innocent people? Imperiuse someone to do dirty work? It didn’t matter, no matter what Snape said, Draco knew he wouldn’t want to do it.


“You must torture the Mudblood,” commanded Snape.


“What?” asked Malfoy, unbelievingly. He couldn’t do that. Hurting strangers was bad enough, but his friend? No way.


You heard me, torture her, Crucio is being too nice. I want real torture. Now be gone.”


Draco Apparated away quickly. He couldn’t believe what he had to do. Over time he had come to love her. He supposed love might have been a strong word, but he didn’t think so. Her pale, but delicate face, her tangled bushy hair. Something normally found unattractive, but he found it so.


Her carefree nature. When not in a rush or being pressured, Hermione Granger was the most laid-back person he had met. She was funny and joked even though she was being held captive by the man that killed her beloved mentor.


He ran through the corridors. Heading right to Hermione’s room, more properly called prison. Snape couldn’t get into the room, it was the one room that he couldn’t Apparate into. Draco would hear Snape’s Apparation crack if he was coming. There was no need to worry about being caught.


“Hermione!” burst Draco. He was out of breath as he pushed open the door.


“What?” asked Hermione, frightened. Malfoy’s frantic face and voice scared her.


“He told me, he told me... to torture you. I think he meant to torture you to death.”


Hermione’s eyes went wide. That man would stop at nothing. Snape intended to kill her, and he intended to make it painful.


“I’ll get your wand, Hermione, I’ll go get it now,” Draco claimed. With that he sprinted from the room at full speed.


Once again, Hermione felt the longing as she watched Draco retreating back. She still loved Ron, she knew. But was it possible that she loved Draco too?
Return to Normalcy by HarryPotter is my LIFE
Author's Notes:
A big thanks to Lurid for betaing this chapter!
Draco strained a muscle in his leg as he sprinted down the corridor. After scaring Hermione like that, he felt it was his responsibility to make it up. He didn’t like seeing her soft, pale... beautiful face in distress.


As he approached the safe where Hermione’s wand was kept, all reason escaped him and he shook it like mad, forgetting his magic. Luckily, a little shake was all it needed, and he was finally able to retrieve Hermione’s wand. He Apparated to straight outside her prison door and burst in, only to see that Snape had already beaten him.


From the look of it, Snape had Apparated outside her door and somehow rolled in. He had managed to prop himself up and was pointing his wand straight at Hermione’s poor, terrified self.


Stupefy!” cried Draco. Snape had just begun to turn his wand on Malfoy, but before his deformed body could make it around, Draco had taken care of him.


Without thinking, Hermione ran up to Malfoy and threw her arms around him. “Oh Draco! I was so afraid, so, so afraid.”


Neither Draco nor Hermione felt like exchanging words at the moment. Both had waited for this moment, whether they knew it or not. They spent the precious seconds of the embrace soaking up the wonderful feeling.


Malfoy held Hermione’s wand out to her. “Here’s your wand.”


Hermione grabbed it without saying anything. She knew the risk that it had been for Draco to retrieve the wand. If Snape had caught him, that would have been out. Hermione almost laughed when she compared the Malfoy she went to school with, and the Malfoy standing in front of her. If someone had told her all those years ago, that Malfoy was going to risk his life to get her wand for her she would have laughed in their face. Hermione could feel tears forming in her eyes, both happy and sad.

Malfoy held Hermione’s shoulders and slowly drew her closer to him. Both knew what came next. Their breathing was somehow harsher and lighter at the same time.


They closed the distance by leaning in slowly; Draco and Hermione had a tentative air to each other. When their lips met, it was a sweet tender kiss. They both savored this kiss, as new loves usually do.


When Hermione and Draco parted, Draco’s face was transformed. The sallow pale face had gained light, Draco’s face had a happy sheen to it; on the contrary, Hermione’s was worried and slightly upset.


“That was amazing,” whispered Draco.


Hermione said nothing.


“Hermione, what’s the matter?” asked Draco. He had seen the cautiousness on her face and had become slightly upset. He had thought that she had wanted the kiss.


“Nothing, I suppose, but...” Hermione paused and took a deep breath.


“Wait, Hermione. You may think this unbelievable or stupid but “ I think that I might love you.” Malfoy looked at Hermione’s impassive face. “Honestly, you “ the one I had called Mudblood, and made fun of. You are the last one that I would have thought to fall in love with.”


Hermione gave a small, ill-humored laugh. “I thought the same about you.”


“What do you mean, though?” questioned Draco.


“Well, in both aspects I guess. You see, I questioned myself, I was wondering if maybe I loved you. I also thought of the irony. But here’s a new revelation. When we kissed, I didn’t feel magic, I didn’t feel love, at least, not the kind that you seem to have for me.”


“Hermione please! I love you, and I know you love me too! We can escape, leave Snape here to die, we can go away and live together.” Draco seemed to be pleading with his eyes.


Malfoy, is begging for me? I’ve never seen him beg for a single thing before in his life, and now he’s begging me to be with him? wondered Hermione.


“I’m... I’m sorry Draco, I don’t love you,” managed Hermione. “I don’t love you, I love Ron. If you really truly love me, you’ll except that, and get me back to the people who miss me.”


Draco took a deep breath and led Hermione from her room. After almost a month, Hermione would finally leave the horrid place that she had been forced to live in.


“Draco, I’m truly so sorry,” breathed Hermione.


Draco gave her a smile, but it wasn’t genuine. He hugged Hermione quickly before grasping her hand and Apparating to the place where Potter and posse were.


Hermione and Draco arrived outside the gates of the Potter mansion. Draco said goodbye and turned, preparing to Disapparate. He didn’t know where to go anymore. He couldn’t return to his own home, Snape would wake eventually, and Malfoy didn’t want to be their when he did.


“Wait!” called Hermione. “Please, I’d be so happy if you’d come and visit once in a while. I understand if you don’t. I know I hurt you, but we’re friends, and I really want to see you again.”


Once again, Draco put on a smile. This time it was genuine. “You know what? I think I will.”


Hermione threw her arms and Draco and squeezed him tight.


“See you soon,” said Draco, before Disapparating to wherever he was going.


“Ron! Harry, Ginny! I’m back!” bellowed Hermione. She ran past the gates and nearly blew a hole in the oak front door with her wand. “I’m home!”


Ron peered around the corner with unnaturally wide eyes. “Bloody hell! It is! Harry, Ginny, come quickly, Hermione’s back!”


Before Ron could even start towards Hermione, Harry and Ginny sped out of a nearby door and nearly tackled Hermione to the ground.


“What happened? Hermione we were worried sick!” Ron, Ginny, and Harry crowded around Hermione as she began to answer Ginny’s question.


She told of Snape’s kidnapping, her dreadful prison room, her lost wand, her poisoned food, and her new friend, old enemy, Draco. She explained to them about his changed person, why he was different, and the proof she had.


Hermione almost didn’t tell of their goodbye, but she felt that they had to know. “So, we kissed. Draco told me that he loved me, and I told him that I thought I had loved him.”


Ron’s face was hurt. More hurt that Hermione, Harry or Ginny had ever seen. His face showed the look of someone whose world had just come crashing down around them.


“But,” Hermione continued. “I really didn’t. I thought I had, but I didn’t, because... Because I really, truly loved, Ron.”


Without warning, Ron leapt up and kissed Hermione. This time, Hermione felt love. For a second, she was flooded with guilt. If this was what Malfoy had felt with her, she had most certainly crushed him for life. If Hermione was denied this love with Ron, she thought she would die.

But the guilt was washed away in a spilt second as she was swept up in the magic of the kiss. When they finally ceased the kiss, both Hermione and Ron pulled away with smiles and pure love on their face.
Epilogue- Life After by HarryPotter is my LIFE
Author's Notes:
Okay, here it is. The final chapter/epilogue. I really hoped you all liked the story.

And one final thanks to my awesome beta, Lurid!
Draco knew what he had to do. As much as he wanted to go away for a while, breathe the fresh air of the world, he had something that needed to be taken care of.


Leaving Hermione to her friends, Draco Apparated back to the remains of his childhood home.


Upon arriving in what had been Hermione’s home for months, he saw the still unconscious Snape. Feeling no emotion except hatred towards his former professor, Draco picked up Snape by a limp arm.


He held Snape’s body far from him, as if he was contagious with a deadly disease. Draco at last arrived outside of the house, and tossed Snape’s legless body into the rushing river.


The deed was done.


~*~*~



“Ron, hurry up You’re going to miss your own wedding ” urged Harry. “Hermione will have your head.”


Ron buttoned the last buttons on his new dress robes and rushed past Harry out of the room. He bolted through the rest of the many floors of Harry’s home. He reached the fact door and burst through it.


Out of breath, he finally arrived in front of the Ministry official, who was to marry him, Ron Weasley, to Hermione Granger.


Harry walked up and stood next to Ron, who he could see was dying to see Hermione walk down the aisle, and she soon did.


Hermione walked slowly down the aisle. The high heel shoes that she was wearing added a few inches to her short figure, but as she approached Ron in her stunning, silk, white dress robes, it was apparent that she was still a great deal shorter than her fiancé.


“You look beautiful,” breathed Ron as Hermione reached him.


Hermione only smiled. As she turned to the ministry official, she saw in the far back of the crowd, Draco. He smiled encouragingly and Hermione turned away to face the love of her life, Ron.


~*~*~



“Ginny! Ginny!” cried Hermione.


“What in the world is going on?” Ginny dried her hands on a towel as Hermione burst out of her fireplace.


“It’s happened, Ron isn’t home yet, I haven’t told him.” Hermione’s face was flushed with excitement.


“What’s happened? I can’t read your mind, Hermione,” said Ginny.


“I’m going to have a baby,” confided Hermione.


Ginny squealed and gave her friend a hug. “Hermione, that’s wonderful! You’re right, Ron will be so excited. Do you mind if I Floo Harry?”

“As long as he doesn’t tell Ron, it’s fine.”


A while later Hermione left Harry and Ginny’s house. For dinner, she made what she knew was Ron’s favourite. When he trudged in from work later that night, he was surprised to see his favourite meal on the table.


“Special occasion?” Ron inquired.


“Something like that.” Hermione could barely contain her excitement. “Ron, I’m going to have a baby ”


~*~*~



“She’s beautiful, isn’t she, Ron?” Hermione tickled the underside of her newborn daughter’s chin.


“She is,” agreed Ron, and he meant it. The little girl’s face was round and a little fuzz of bright red hair was peaking out of the crown on her head. “What do you suppose we name her?”


“What about Alicia?” suggested Hermione.


“No.” Ron shook his head. “Alicia’s a much too common name for this jewel. She needs a name as beautiful and unique as she is.”


“Maybe, Belinda? It does mean beautiful.”


“It’s perfect,” said Ron. “Our beautiful daughter will be named Belinda.”


~*~*~



“Take care of your brother and sister, Belinda ” cried Hermione as the Hogwarts Express pulled away from the station.


“Sure thing, Mum,” answered Belinda. “I’ll miss you.”


Hermione was overcome with tears and could do nothing but wave goodbye to her three children.


Hermione went back to her husband, Ron.


He watched as the scarlet train disappeared from sight. “Can you believe it, Hermione? We’ve got a daughter in her fourth- year, and another daughter and son just starting their first- year. They just grow up so fast.”


“They do.” Hermione snaked her arms around Ron’s waist. “Guess what? In another twelve years, we’ll be having another child to send on that train.”


Ron stared down at Hermione. “Do you mean, we’re going to be having another baby?”


When Hermione nodded, Ron scooped her into his arms and twirled her around in excitement. “We’re going to be parents, again ”


~*~*~



“Who’re you writing to, Hermione?” questioned Ron.


“An old friend,” responded Hermione.


“Who?” asked Ron, again.


Hermione sighed. “Viktor Krum.”


Ron looked like he was about to comment, but stopped. “That’s wonderful, love. How is he?”


“He’s fine,” answered Hermione.


Well, it looks like Ron has finally grown up, concluded Hermione.


~*~*~



“You know, it’s seems like just yesterday that we were naming her,” sobbed Hermione.


“But she’s not a baby anymore, is she? This husband of Belinda’s better be good. No one will ever be good enough for her, but hopefully he’ll come close,” said Ron.


Hermione smiled at Ron’s protectiveness. “He’s Dean’s son, Ron.”


“I know, but still. I’ve I almost lost one girl to his family, and now I’ve totally lost one,” huffed Ron.


“Mummy?” Hermione and Ron’s seven-year-old daughter tugged at the sleeve of Hermione’s dress robes.


“Yes, pumpkin?” answered Hermione.


“When do I get to get married?” asked Camellia, her youngest daughter.


“Well, probably in-”


“Never,” growled Ron. His resolve was set in stone.


Hermione laughed. “Someday, I promise.”


“Okay.” Camellia skipped off happily, telling anyone who would listen that she was going to get married some day, and wear robes just like her sister, Belinda.

~*~*~



“Ginny, please calm down, just tell me what’s wrong, I’m sure everything will be alright,” assured Hermione.


“No, no it won’t!” Ginny was sobbing uncontrollably. “Harry’s dead!”


Hermione gasped and began to cry herself. “No, Ginny, that’s not possible. What happened, he was fine yesterday. Harry’s young, only forty-six years old, why would he die?”


“Because, someone poisoned his food. We were at a dinner at the damn Ministry, and he died right there,” informed Ginny. At that point, she didn’t seem to be able to say another word broke into incoherent babbling.


Hermione heard the front door close, and Ron walked into the den. “What the bloody hell’s that matter with you two?”


Hermione took a deep steadying, but shaky breath. “Harry is dead.”


~*~*~



All that could be heard was sobbing. The only funeral that Ron had ever seen, with more people than Harry’s, was Dumbledore’s.


Ron couldn’t believe it had happened. His best mate was dead. He had freed the wizarding world of their terror, killed Voldemort once and for all, and he was killed by poison. Some things just weren’t fair.


He looked over toward his Ginny, and her five children. They were all sobbing, even the older ones. Her youngest, Henry, was clinging to Ginny’s black robes and would not cease crying. Ginny did the best she could to comfort him, whilst crying her own eyes out.


Tearing his eyes from his crying sister, he watched his wife. He imagined that she was feeling the same as he at the moment. They had both lost their best friend. They had been through just about everything together. From calling names, to evil wizards, he, Harry and Hermione had been through it all.


He offered a comforting arm to Hermione who buried her face into his shoulder.


“I can’t believe his truly gone,” whispered Hermione though her tears.


“I know, things will never be the same.” Ron looked down and spent a few minutes paying silent respect to his best friend.


~*~*~



The cream colored walls of the nursery brought back memories for Hermione.


“Belinda, I just cannot believe that I am a grandmother,” gushed Hermione.

“Daniel, I’m so happy for you and Belinda.” Ginny cradled her brother’s grandson, happy to be holding a young child again after all the years of not. “Harry would have been so happy for you two. He always said that he considered anyone in Ron’s family his too.”


Ginny’s passing mention of Harry brought forth teary eyes, for he had died only three years ago, and the memory was still fresh.


“Sis, can I see her, please?” pleaded Emily, another Ron and Hermione’s daughters.


“Sure,” agreed Belinda.


Belinda carefully handed her daughter to Emily, who said, “She’s beautiful, Belle.”

“Isn’t she? And she has your eyes, Dad.”


~*~*~



The dimly lit room was very quiet. It was the first day, of what would have been summer holiday for Hogwarts. But all four of their children were already out of school and living on their own.


“I know I always used to say how much I hate the noise,” began Hermione. “But, really, I’m starting to miss the hustle and bustle of it all.”


“Well you know what the only answer to that is? The Burrow.” Ron yanked Hermione up from the couch and dragged her over to the fireplace in the dining room.


“The Burrow!” bellowed Ron as he threw the floo powder into the fireplace and whirled away to the Burrow.


Hermione did the same and before they knew it, they were being strangled by the grey-haired, plump Mrs. Weasley. “Oh, dears How are you? You both look so thin, come on, lets get some food into you.”


Mrs. Weasley beckoned Ron and Hermione into the kitchen, the crowded kitchen. Ginny was there, along with the rest of the Weasley siblings and their spouses. Children were there, and the children’s children, if they had any.


“It’s seems that every time we get together, another child has been born,” remarked Hermione.


“Come on, you lot Sit down, I’ve got too much food for just myself,” called Mrs. Weasley.


Chatter broke out amongst the family. It was like old times again. Worries were forgotten, empty places were filled. Really, Harry and Mr. Weasley were gone, but inside hearts, they would never be forgotten.


~*~*~


Hermione nuzzled Ron’s check and ran her fingers through his mostly grey streaked hair. “You know, Ron, sometimes I look back on the days in school, and I become so sad. I remember being young and carefree, and Harry was there.”


Tears trickled down Hermione’s face, Ron too. It had been almost fifty years since Harry’s death.


“Back then, I didn’t worry about getting old. I look at myself now and think, where did time go? My hair is grey, my body is weak, and we’re nearing a century now, Ron. Where did time go?” wondered Hermione.


“I wonder, Hermione, I truly do. We are not that same people we were then.”


Quiet set in upon the pair, and they did nothing but gaze absently for a minute or two.


“I love you, Ron,” breathed Hermione.


“I love you too, Hermione,” whispered Ron.


Ron and Hermione sat in each other’s arms for a few moments, basking in their true love.


Grief came with death. Knowledge came with age, as well as wonder. Love had been with them forever, waiting to be awakened. Sense that was lost some eighty-five years ago was finally returning.

Life happened, love happened, it was all a part of them now.
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=53654