A Potter Wedding by wizard lover
Summary: As Harry's oldest son battles his nerves, Harry has a chat with his in-law and reflects on his son's life.
My first story so I would love feedback. Good or bad, I'll take it.
Categories: Post-Hogwarts Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1015 Read: 1996 Published: 08/07/06 Updated: 08/17/06

1. The Wedding Day by wizard lover

The Wedding Day by wizard lover
Author's Notes:
Like I said before, it's my first story so please review. Thanks to Kacie because without her, this would never have been written.
“I’m just so nervous, Dad!”

Harry Potter smiled as he straightened his oldest son’s bowtie.

“You are nothing compared to how nervous your dad was at our wedding, James,” Harry’s wife said as she walked over to her husband and son.

“You were nervous, Dad?” asked James incredulously.

“Sure was,” Harry replied. “Uncle Ron had to feed me a Calming Draught just before the ceremony.”

James beamed as he turned his hazel eyes to a mirror on the wall. It was common knowledge that James looked exceptionally like his grandfather; more so than Harry. With his hazel eyes, unruly black hair, and lack of a scar on his forehead, James could easily be the man in Harry’s photo album Hagrid had given him. He sighed as he tried to flatten his hair.

“You Potter men and your hair; it never does lie flat.”

“Aww, come on, Ginny,” Harry spoke to his wife. “It’s not our fault. You’re fighting a losing battle, son. I’ve learned over the years to just leave it alone.”

Harry turned to the room at large which held to nervous groom, best man, and the groomsmen, (most of which were Harry’s nephews) and stated, “I’m going to check on the girls. I hope that they’re ready or we may be late.”

He strode from the Great Hall of Hogwarts to find his future in-law waiting just outside the door. Harry smiled at the man and asked, “Who ever would have thought that your daughter would marry my son?”

The man returned the grin and stated, “Who indeed? It came to a shock to us all I think.”

Harry chuckled as he said, “Well, I’m off to check on the women. Do you happen to know if they are ready?”

The man nodded, “The last I knew, my daughter was turning a delicate shade of green. But, if I’m not mistaken, they all appeared ready.”

“So, James isn’t the only one nervous today, I take it?”

“No, no, Violet is nervous as well.”

“That’s oddly comforting.”

“I know what you mean.”

“Well, then,” Harry said clapping his hands together. “I’ll take the guys up now, and you can bring the girls up in about fifteen minutes. Deal?”

“Deal.”

The two men nodded and went to get their respective groups.

Harry led his son up seven flights of stairs only pausing when they reached a door opposite of a tapestry of dancing trolls.

“James,” Harry addressed his son. “I don’t think you know how proud I am of you right now.”

“Thanks, Dad. That really means a lot.”

Blinking quickly, Harry opened the door to the Room of Requirement. The magical room had converted itself into a beautiful cathedral complete with stain glass windows. Most of the guests were already seated and chatting quietly. Harry saw many familiar faces amongst the crowd. Hagrid, who was getting on in years, was sitting halfway up the aisle. Ginny’s parents, Molly and Arthur Weasley sat in the row behind them with all of her brothers. Harry smirked as he saw that the five Weasley brothers plus their wives and children took up two very long rows. Remus and Nymphadora Lupin sat in the very next row with their three children along with Harry’s aunt Petunia. After living with the Dursley’s for sixteen years, Harry and his aunt had finally reconciled and Petunia served as a surrogate grandmother. An organ was playing soothing music all on its own and a Ministry official stood at the end of the aisle. Harry sat down in the front row with his wife and James’ godparents, Ron and Hermione Weasley. James took his place next to the official with his best man (and brother) Joshua, at his side.

Suddenly, the organ began playing the Wedding March as the bridesmaids began to file in. Harry smiled as he watched his two daughters gracefully walk down the aisle. His youngest two children looked much more grown up than he would have liked. He didn’t like the looks the eldest of the two was attracting from boys that weren’t relatives. Harry was having a difficult time realizing that his children were growing up. With the oldest two out of Hogwarts, the middle two in their seventh and fifth years, and the baby just about to begin her schooling, Harry knew that his babies were no longer babies. When the maid of honor, Violet’s sister Iris, found her position, the entire congregation rose to its feet.

Violet nearly floated down the aisle on her father’s arm. Just before he passed his daughter off to James, Harry could see her father mouth the words, ‘I love you’ to her.

As the ceremony commenced, Harry saw flashes of James as a child. He saw James’ first ride on a broomstick, reading his first Hogwarts letter, and playing on the Gryffindor Quidditch team. Harry glanced quickly at his wife. He was not surprised when he saw tears in her eyes. After all, it wasn’t everyday that one’s oldest child got married.

“I James, take you, Violet, to be my wife.”

“I Violet, take you, James, to be my husband.”

Soon, the official from the Ministry was announcing, “James Potter and Violet Malfoy no longer exist as two separate people. Instead, they stand before you as man and wife, a single unit. I proudly present to you for the first time, Mr. and Mrs. James Potter.”

As James leaned down to kiss his wife and the guests burst into applause, Harry realized something. If someone had told him twenty-five tears ago that one day his son would marry a Malfoy, he would have been horrified. But now, watching his son gaze at his bride with such love in his eyes, Harry knew that this former Malfoy had to make James the happiest man on Earth. As long as James was happy, Harry thought that he would be able to survive family get-togethers with Draco Malfoy.
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=55853