Questions Asked of the Horizon by guiding ray of sunlight
Summary: Jonothan Ivory has gone through a event he wishes upon no one. But how will he get through it?How will he get over his longing for his beloved Moiré?
Categories: Dark/Angsty Fics Characters: None
Warnings: Character Death
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 947 Read: 1725 Published: 09/25/06 Updated: 09/29/06

1. Questions Asked of the Horizon by guiding ray of sunlight

Questions Asked of the Horizon by guiding ray of sunlight
Author's Notes:
BETAing is courtasy of the lovely Oppungo. Thanks dear!
Jonathan watched the approaching storm-clouds. They matched his mood perfectly. Grey, tinted heavily with blue. Momentarily silent, but on the verge of spilling over.



As he watched them solemnly, a face began to form out of them. His chest contracted the moment he recognized it. He closed his eyes and saw her in his mind's eye. She was smiling, grey eyes twinkling, auburn hair flying in the wind. He remembered the touch of her skin. His eyes stung, even though they were closed.



Moiré, he thought longingly. He opened his eyes, and looked at the clouds again. Her face was still visible upon them. Is it possible to find things that you have lost and miss, in between the autumn clouds? He missed her so badly. He just wished he could touch her one more time. Tell her he loved her. He took in a deep breath in an attempt to calm his emotions.

A leaf flittered across the window. Moiré, what does a leaf say when it falls off the tree? What did you say-? His breath caught as he felt his chest contract again. And the tree - does it hurt as much as I do? He took in another shuttering breath, and let it out slowly.



He closed his eyes and pictured her again. This time he saw her sitting in the Gryffindor Common Room. On the very same couch as he was sitting on now. She was curled up to him. She had been explaining to him about Muggle airplanes. She told him that there was a saying that a person who dies, is like an airplane that flies away. It had been only two months ago. A week after their seventh year had started. A week after she had told him about…the sickness. He shuddered as a wave of sorrow washed over him. He wanted her with him. When a plane flies away, leaves us all behind… Moiré, did you know your way? He still worried for her. He probably always would.

Suddenly, a ray of light broke out through the clouds and hit his eyes, snatching away the image of Moiré. He nearly cried out in despair. That was the second time she had cruelly been snatched away from him. Moiré, why do you disappear? Where do you go when the sun rises? He needed her. He needed her badly. But she wasn't there. He was sure she would be, if she could. But even Moiré Rosen couldn't control death.



He sighed, looking out into the cloudy horizon. Moiré, how do things look like from the horizon?. How do they look when life is put in front of you with a different point of view? A spectator's point of view, instead of one of the players? She had always been one of the most active people. She always volunteered, always gave in all her homework on time, and always attended all the parties. Always knew when something was wrong.

Jon felt a kiss on his cheek as his younger sister, Rose came over to him. She hugged him gently, then lay down on the coach, resting her head in his lap. He began stroking her hair, feeling comforted. He could feel her drifting off to sleep. A small smile played on his lips. At least he still had his baby sister. But she was no longer a baby. He sighed. Even his baby sister was now a nearly full grown woman. She was sixteen years old, and he had nothing to do about it. Life must go on. He kissed her temple. She was still a little girl to him. He looked up to the sky. Moiré, do we all look like little children, from up there? He heard footsteps and saw Alex Moss, Rose's best friend walking down the stairs. He smiled at me, and came to sit across from me on the coach. "How are you doing?" Alex asked simply.

Jon traced Rose's jaw line my finger.



"I miss her. I miss her so badly. I keep thinking that maybe, I could have saved her. Alex- when I'm not here at Hogwarts, promise me you'll take care of Rose. If I lose her-"



"Don't worry. I will, I promise. I won't let any harm come to her. I care for her too much not to," Alex interrupted, an amused grin on his face. Alex was someone you could count on. Jon knew he really did care for her. He had from the moment they met. And Rose would appreciate protection from him. He knew she had other feelings for him. Jon smiled. Poor Alex didn't know. He just loved her, well, like a brother. He gazed down at Rose again. She looked so peaceful. He took a deep breath, savoring the sight. He rarely saw her peaceful. She was always running around, doing one thing or another. She deserved her rest.

Moiré,



He thought, looking up at the sky once more. He strained to find her face again. At last he found it, all the way at the border where heaven meets earth. Moiré, watch over her please? If not for her, then for me. And if not for me, then for yourself. If you had been here you would have wanted it too. With those last words the vision of Moiré disappeared. But this time He was prepared for it. Because everybody has a purpose on this earth, and once it is fulfilled, the person must leave. And he had to let her. But that didn't mean he had to forget her. I'll always love you, Moiré.



This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=58173