Killed By His Own Brain by _Lily__Evans_
Summary: Andrew is a powerful wizard who works in the Department of Mysteries, but when his sister is attacked by an unforgivable curse he isn't sure he can help her.
What is Andrew willing to do for his sister? How far can he push?
Categories: General Fics Characters: None
Warnings: Character Death, Mental Disorders
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 932 Read: 1187 Published: 11/05/06 Updated: 11/07/06

1. Chapter 1 by _Lily__Evans_

Chapter 1 by _Lily__Evans_
Author's Notes:
This was initially meant for a challenge but I landed up taking more time! I hope you enjoy, I've never written or even read a story like this! Please read and review! Let me know what you thing!!
~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.
Killed By His Own Brain
~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.


Drew looked back at his sister once more before leaving the hospital wing. Once outside, he slumped against the wall and slid slowly to the floor. He held his head in his heads as he racked his brain hopelessly, thinking of ways to cure her.

“Can I help you with something?” A Healer was standing over him with a worried expression on her face. As he lifted his head to meet her gaze, she immediately knew who he was.

“Are you Athena’s twin?” she asked, as Drew got to his feet once more. When he drew himself to full height, he was about three heads taller than the Healer in front of him.

He nodded his head in reply, looking at his feet. Everyone who spoke to him about his sister had the same sympathetic glance that he could no longer bare to see it.

“I wish there was something we could do; her case is so unfortunate. The most we can do is pray that no more suffer in this terrible war.” The Healer, getting the hint that the man wished to be alone, turned on her heals and left.

Drew’s fist smashed against the wall as he thought of his sister.

That is NOT my sister! he thought, as he remembered the girl, her usual blonde curls bouncing by her shoulders now laying flat and frizzy as she stared aimlessly into spare in the room behind him. He sighed heavily and, breaking into a run, he left the hospital.

The cold air hit him hard as he opened the hospital doors to the winter’s day. He searched the area for life, and, after not seeing anyone, with a small POP he was gone.

In seconds, he appeared once again in the gleaming Atrium of the Ministry of Magic. He jogged past the people standing around and chatting, and gave a few reluctant waves to those who shouted, “Hello Andrew!” as he passed by.

He stepped into the elevator with four other employees, all of whom were too busy to give him a second glance. Left completely alone with his thoughts, all he saw were flashes of his sister. The two of them are five and screaming over who gets the toy; they’re seven, and trying to steal cookies from their mother’s cabinet; they’re eleven stepping onto the Hogwarts Express; they’re “

“Department of Mysteries.” The cool female voice annoyed Drew more than usual, giving him the strange urge to punch the non-existent woman.

He walked through the halls, not paying attention to where he was going until he collided with one of his co-workers.

“So sorry, Drew “ completely my fault “ wasn’t looking,” said a small man picking up his dropped papers. “Where are you off to in such a hurry today?”

“Invention room,” spoke Drew, absently as he helped the man collect his belongings. He ran his hands through his blonde curls, waiting the conversation he knew was to come.

“I heard about your sister and what that curse did to her.” The man stood straight and looked up at Drew suspiciously. “Your trip to the invention room wouldn’t have to do with her, would it?”

“Have a good day, Jasper.” And before Jasper could question him any longer, Drew walked through one of the many doors in the circular room and stepped into an empty space with naught but a desk.

After hours of fumbling with his wand, trying to think up ways to help his sister, the idea hit him.

“They tortured her till she was out of her mind… I’ll just have to give her a new mind,” he muttered to himself out loud.

He conjured a tank to line one of the walls of the room, and sat down at the opposite side of the room to work at the desk. He created three brains to work with; he set two of them aside as he started to work with the first.

He sat for three days, without moving, working on the brains on the desk. The initial three brains had multiplied to a near thirty. He tried to implement his sister’s attributes into the brains, but none of them were right. This one had too much creativity, the next not enough belief, and so on.

Jasper, who was ten years Drew’s senior, walked in and out of the room every once in a while to ensure that Drew was still breathing.

“Maybe you should take a break,” Jasper suggested hesitantly on the third day.

“No! I almost had it with the last one.” Drew turned to face Jasper with his blood shot eyes, glaring under his rectangular glasses.

“Almost huh?” asked Jasper rhetorically as he headed for the door.

“Just a bit too shy,” answered Drew to the closed door.

A few hours later Drew jumped to his feet. A smile crossed his face in realisation that he would be able to help his sister.

“Jasper! Come see!” Drew called out of the door. “Accio brain!” Drew let out a muffled gasp as thirty brains flew in his direction, all wrapping their tentacles around him. By the time Jasper got to the room it was too late. The brains had bound themselves around Drew like boa constrictors.

Jasper looked down at Drew lying on the floor. “Killed by his own brain,” he mused.
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=59790