Dangerous by Anna_Black
Summary: Beta'ed by rainbow92 on SAYS! Thanks a lot, Cat!!!

There was something diferent about this girl. The way she moved ... her hair ... her face ... her lines ... divinity in motion. As she stalked the room I could fell the aura of her presence. Every head turned feeling passion and lust ... A story about love, lust and betrayal...
Categories: Dark/Angsty Fics Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 2223 Read: 1523 Published: 11/10/06 Updated: 11/11/06

1. Dangerous by Anna_Black

Dangerous by Anna_Black
Author's Notes:
This is a song-fic with Michael Jaksnon's song 'Dangerous'. The lyrics are his, and tha characters are JK's except for the mysteriouis girl.
Oh, and by the way, the lyrics serve as part of the plot so if you want to understand the story you must read the lyrics.
It has been five years since the Dark Lord fell. In the end, Light managed to overcome Darkness. Again, Harry Potter came out of it as a winner, while the Dark Lord is now nothing but mere dust. But the war still took many victims; Death Eaters and Aurors, Muggle-borns, Squibs and Muggles. No one was spared. And for once, I, Draco Malfoy, chose the winning side. I betrayed the Dark Lord. After Dumbledore’s death, I finally opened my eyes and saw that I was on the wrong side. So I became spy for the Order of the Phoenix.

But no one could fool the Dark Lord, as I soon find out in the most painful means possible. As soon as he found out he killed my mother and father. But first he tortured them into insanity, delaying for as long as possible the moment he would kill them, making the pain I felt afterwards even worse.

While working against the Dark Lord, I made friends for the first time in my life; Harry Potter, Ronald Weasley and, of course, Hermione Granger. Crabbe and Goyle weren’t my friends; those stupid minions didn’t think of anything for themselves. But having friends came with a price.

I have already said that no-one was spared. One of my friends died; Ron Weasley was found dead. I remember it as though it was yesterday. He didn’t trust me at first; I don’t blame him, I never did. But before the end he saw who I was for real.

Potter and Hermione on the other hand, managed to survive this painful war. I still cannot look into Potter’s eyes . . . I had, and still have the Dark Mark burned on my skin, I was to kill Dumbledore, I worked for the man who killed his parents. But he never blamed me for anything and eventually accepted me as a friend. He truly believed that I had seen the error of my ways. He lives with Ginny Weasley now. He has finally realized that Ginny is the love of his life. I am happy for them. He loves her, and she loves him.

As for Hermione . . . we have been together for the last couple of years. I love her more than I had ever believed possible. We don’t live in the Malfoy manor. That place holds too many memories, painful memories. I loved my parents; although they were cold and cruel, they were still my parents. I sold the house years ago. Now we live in the country.

We had a row, just an hour ago. That’s why I came here, to the Hog’s Head; to sort out my thoughts over a glass of Firewhiskey. It always helps me think when I am alone. I make every decision alone; I have always done that, even when I was at Hogwarts. That’s one thing that has never changed about me. Perhaps that is why I love flying; to be alone.

That’s another thing that stayed the same; my love of flying. When I am in the air I feel free and all of my worries are left far behind, on the ground.

I used to fly a lot, during my school years, but now . . . now my broom Nimbus 2001 stays under my bed, collecting dust.

Suddenly something interrupted my thoughts; a girl with indescribable beauty entered the pub.



The way she came into the place I knew right then and there
There was something different about this girl,
The way she moved,
Her hair . . . her face . . . her lines . . . divinity in motion.

As she stalked the room I could feel the aura of her presence.
Every head turned feeling passion and lust.
The girl was persuasive,
The girl I could not trust,
The girl was bad,
The girl was dangerous.




Her long, black hair was fluttering behind her. Her short black dress - maybe too short - provoked every man in the pub, including me. The silk dress moulded perfectly to her body. She moved with an elegance that made sure that no-one was immune to her beauty. Her gaze searched the room and stopped upon me. She crossed the room and sat beside me. She didn’t even ask if the seat was taken; but then, even if she had asked, what was I to answer? I could catch her scent. It was distant, yet strong enough to make any man dizzy. She looked at me with her black eyes, before ordering a Firewhiskey for herself.

“Hi,” she greeted.

“Hello,” I greeted back. I was shocked to hear how strong and confident my voice sounded; I thought that it would be feeble and weak!

“Thanks,” she thanked the man as he passed her the Firewhiskey.

“Do you come here often?” she asked, looking me straight in the eyes, as though making sure that no answer would escape her.

“No, not often,” I answered truthfully. I couldn’t keep my eyes off of her. Her cold beauty captured me completely. I was enslaved by it, left in her mercy.

“Me either,” she admitted. “It’s lucky I ran into you, isn’t it?”

Lucky?!

“It is,” I said.

We talked for some time. It was a pretty ordinary conversation, until she changed the subject and her tone.

“I live near by,” she said seductively. “Would you fancy a drink at my place?”

I may be stupid, but not stupid enough to not understand that what she had in mind wasn’t a drink. At her question my insides started boiling, and ‘yes’ was on the top of my tongue, when Hermione’s tearful face suddenly jumped in front of me. I didn’t like betraying her, she meant everything to me, but this girl had some mysterious power that made me long for her. But the whisky spoke instead of me. And before I knew it, I had answered ‘yes’ and the next moment the both of were heading to her room in the village.



She came at me in section with the eyes of desire
I fell trapped into her web of sin
A touch … a kiss … a whisper of love,
I was at a point of no return.

Deep in the darkness of passion’s insanity,
I felt taken by lust and strange inhumanity,
This girl was persuasive,
This girl I could not trust,
The girl was bad,
The girl was dangerous.

And then it happened … she touched me,
For the lips of a strange woman drop as a honeycomb,
And her mouth was smoother than oil
But her inner spirit and words
Were as sharp as a two-edged sword.
But I loved it, ‘cause it’s dangerous.




When I woke up the next morning it was like awakening from a dizzy dream. The memories of last night were blurred. Some confused recollection of a girl in the pub, and a talk, but it was a dim and muddled memory. When I looked at the woman sleeping half-naked on the bed, a picture finally formed in my mind. I winced. Pain flooded me. Not physical pain, but emotional. I thought that my heart was going to rip in two. Lost, I didn’t know what to do. This emotion made me want to kill myself! I betrayed her, I betrayed the only person that ever believed in me!

I paced the room, looking at the sleeping woman. When I finally could bear it no longer, I dressed and ran out of the room. I immediately Apparated to our, mine and Hermione’s, backyard and went into the house. I still didn’t know what to do; either to tell her and let her decide for herself, or remain quiet for the rest of our lives. I felt miserable. I couldn’t tell her, that would cause her pain and I cannot bear to see her suffering! And I couldn’t remain quiet, my conscience would kill me! Not telling her would be the worst thing to do!

But when I saw her worried face, I momentarily decided to keep it secret.

“Oh, my God, Draco!” She ran to me, still dressed in her white nightdress. She had shadows under her eyes, which meant that she hadn’t slept all night long, but had been waiting for me. “Where have you been? I was SO worried, you have no idea!”

Well, of course she had no idea what had I done; she looked so worried and relieved at the same time to see me safe and whole. She must have thought that something had happened to me. I felt awful.

“I was just walking, Hermione,” I lied. I hate myself! “I’m okay.”

“I am so sorry, Draco,” she began, but I couldn’t stand to listen to HER apologizing to me, when I was the one that should have been apologizing to her!

“Don’t be! Don’t be sorry, Hermione,” I silenced her with my finger, “don’t ever be sorry.”

She fell into my arms, and I felt a tear fall upon my shoulder. This was the final straw; I couldn’t take it anymore. Tears appeared in my eyes, but I managed to force them not to drop. Oh, the guilt was unbearable!

She is so innocent and I, I am the biggest git in the world! I just cannot stop hurting the ones I love, can I? Both my parents died because of ME! And now . . . now this, with Hermione! I don’t deserve her! I don’t deserve her

I ran out of the house and started walking up the hills. I saw nothing of the beauties of nature around me. I was unaware when midday had passed, and when slowly darkness began appearing around me. I heard the crickets in the distance, but paid them no attention.

I finally decided to go home. But that was a horrible idea! That would mean facing Hermione, and I could not stand it! I could not stand seeing the tears in her beautiful eyes, I just couldn’t! But I have to tell her. I hope that she’ll go berserk on me; that would be more bearable than watching her silent tears falling from her eyes, to her perfect chin and to her shoulders. How could I have been so blind? What was I doing in that woman’s room, when I had everything I needed just here? Merlin, I don’t even know her name! I am an idiot, an idiot who deserves to die!

I stared walking. My feet carried me, and by the time I realized where they were taking me, I was at the doorstep of our house. There was no running from the truth now. I came inside, and what I saw rooted me to the spot.

Hermione was sitting on the kitchen table, crying with unendurable pain. She cried from the bottom of her soul, sobbing; every shed tear ripped my heart apart. I approached her and she seemed unaware of my presence. But I was wrong! She just whispered painfully,
“How could you?”

My whole world sank in that very moment. I lowered my head; I couldn’t stand looking at her, when my eyes fell on a letter clenched furiously in her hand. She knows! But how … when?!

“Hermione,” I made towards her, but she stopped me with a look.

“Don’t you dare came any closer,” she whispered weakly.

“I know it is too late but I’m “” I began, but what I was about to say was a mere phrase. I said it because I didn’t know what else to say. Although I asked her for forgiveness, I didn’t want her to forgive me. That would be too much. I don’t deserve forgiveness. I let my sentence trail off weakly.

“It’s too late for apologies now, Draco,” she said bitterly, and stood up. Her face was red and her eyes were swollen from crying.

She walked towards me, and when we were a foot from each other she stopped. She wasn’t sobbing now, but silent tears continued to fall from her eyes, her eyes that carried so much pain caused by me. She said nothing; just gave the letter she was holding. I hesitated, but in the end I took it. It was the least I could do.

When I grabbed hold on the letter, she looked at me for a moment, before leaving the room.

I unfolded the letter, pretty much aware of its contents.



I never knew but I was living in vain,
She called my house; she said ‘you know my name,
And don’t you pretend you never did me before’
With tears in her eyes, my baby walked out the door!

Dangerous
The girl is so dangerous
I have to pray to God, ‘cause I know how lust can blind,
It’s a passion in my soul
But you are no damn lover, friend of mine.

I cannot sleep alone at night
My baby left me here tonight
I cannot cope ‘til it’s all right,
You and your manipulations,
You hurt my baby!
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=59977