The Thoughts of Lily Evans by SnowyHedwig112
Summary: Lily Evans has just started attending Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and she has a lot to deal with. Homework, teachers, friends, fights. But above all...she must deal with James Potter. The insufferable git who follows her around and insists he is in love with her. Follow Lily through her first year as she deals with these things. What will happen?????



Update: Chapter 3 is in progress!
Categories: James/Lily Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 2 Completed: No Word count: 2867 Read: 4198 Published: 11/11/06 Updated: 03/17/07

1. Who am I? Lily Evans. by SnowyHedwig112

2. Parrots Do Not Make Me Laugh by SnowyHedwig112

Who am I? Lily Evans. by SnowyHedwig112
A/N: I do not own the Harry Potter characters, Jo does. All characters in this fic that are not in the book are MINE.



The Thoughts of Lily Evans



Normally, I, Lily Evans, would never write in a diary. No, I wound not stoop so low as to take up the fad of the 1st year girls at Hogwarts, and write my thoughts to a stranger. Technically, a diary is not a stranger, but many refer to their diaries as people, and I do not know my diary, so it is obviously a stranger. But, I can’t even tell my best friends, Marley Prewitt, Alice Bones, and Sarah McKinnon, my thought process. I cannot tell them what goes on in my head. So now you shall know, my diary.



I’ll start with the basics. My name is Lily Evans; I go to Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Yes, I am a witch. I am what most people call Muggle-born, and what the extremely rude call Mudblood, a witch or wizard born from a family with no magic history. I have a sister, Petunia, who is not worth mentioning very often, and my two wonderful parents. I also have my wonderful friends, Marles, Ali, and Sarah.



I am in Gryffindor house. At Hogwarts there are four houses: Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. But I really should get to my thoughts, after all, you are not a baby, nor are you someone who has been in this world only a couple years.



I will start with my day. I know I sound terribly boring, but I’ve never written in a diary before, and I really don’t know what to write.



Morning

Charms: Professor Flitwick awarded 5 points to Gryffindor for my good work in Charms. So my day started out pretty good.

Defense Against the Dark Arts: Well, Professor Rowans talked to us about different dangerous creatures. Frankly, I thought that should have been told to us in Care of Magical Creatures, in 3rd year.

Break: Talked to Marles, Ali, and Sarah. Marles has been eyeing Sirius Black, Potter’s infamous accomplice. (Oh, I forgot to tell you about Potter. James Potter is the most insufferable git in the history of the Wizarding World. He says he does everything for me, but it’s only the attention he wants.)

Potions: Potions ruined my day. Snape spilled half his potion on my shoes and robes, ruined them, and then Potter started singing that ridiculous song, “A Cauldron Full of Hot, Strong Love.”



Lunch: Nothing special.



Afternoon

Transfiguration: Professor McGonagall showed us how to turn a toothpick into a pin. My toothpick turned into metal, but it didn’t quite look like a pin. Potter turned his toothpick into a pin.



It is 7:32, after dinner, and I should really start on my homework, I have Astronomy tonight, and I’ll be way too tired to do homework after Astronomy. Marles wants me to revise her essay for her, and Ali and Sarah are playing Gobstones. Marles is continuing to bug me, so I said,



“Marles, can’t you see I’m writing here?”



“Well, sorry, I just wanted you to look over my essay, Lils.”



That made me feel bad, so I apologized to her, and we’re all ok now.



I really need a new way of recording my thoughts, I am such a dull boring person. I should ask Marles, she’s an exciting person.



“Marles, how can I be less boring when I write? Professor Binns is less boring than I am.”



“Lils, don’t abuse yourself,” Ali called, before being squirted in the face by one of Sarah’s Gobstones, “We wouldn’t have you any other way.”



“But Ali, I sound like a 90 year old lady telling her grandchild what she did that day! Here! Read it!” I screeched, getting desperate.



“NO! Lils, are you insane?” Sarah said, stopping me from throwing my diary to Ali. “That is your diary, you can’t let anyone else read it!”



“But Sarah, there’s nothing in here! It’s only about me, like my basic facts, what happened today, and me being mad at Potter!” I shouted a bit too loudly.



“What’s that about me, Evans?” Potter yelled across the Common Room.



“Shut up! Go back to your planning with Sirius, Potter!” I yelled back. All my friends simply rolled their eyes.



“Lily, you do realize that one day, when you’re an old lady, and married to Potter, you’re going to laugh abo-,” Marley started, before I interrupted her.



“What?! M-m-married…to…P-P-Potter?! Are you insane, Marles? Do I need to send you to Madam Pomfrey?” I stuttered, completely shocked.



“Just relax and listen to your friend, Lily, honey. It will happen trust me, it will. Your friend there has some Seer in her,” Potter called, while Sirius and Peter sniggered.



“Shut it, you insufferable git!” I screeched at him.



“Lils, calm down!” Ali whimpered. “If you don’t, we’re all going to fail Astronomy!”

“Yeah, Lily, honey, listen to Ali. We are going to fail Astronomy if you don’t help us finish our essays!” Sarah and Marley chimed in.



“Oh alright,” I said, giving in to them.



Much Later

I am so tired. I just got back from Astronomy, and it’s now about 11:56. Potter better not bug me right now, I’m so tired, I would go mad if he bugged me now. Marles is asleep on the sofa and Ali is nodding of in the armchair next to mine. But I have to write, I just can’t sleep, even though I’m so tired.



You’re probably wondering, where’s Sarah? She’s upstairs in the dormitory, taking a shower, brushing her teeth, sleeping, or something like that. I’m too tired to care. But I must write.



I’ll tell you a little more about my friends. Let’s start with Marles. Marley is extremely flirty and silly, even though we’re all only 11. She, and her twin sister Molly, who I think is much less silly, but still quite silly, but then again, who am I to be talking? I’m plenty silly. Anyways, Molly and Marles both have really red hair. Like, as red as red hair gets. There twin brothers, Gidion and Fabian also have red hair, but they’re not like Molly and Marles. I think they’re prats.



Ali is much quieter. She is also the shortest out of the four of us, but I am second shortest. Frank Longbottom, a quiet boy, with a funny last name, has been eyeing Ali for some time now, but Ali isn’t into boys yet. I think it’ll be a while before she turns into mini-Marley. Not that she looks like Marles. Ali has dark brown hair and light brown eyes. In general, her hair and eyes are very brown.



Last, but most certainly not least, is Sarah. Sarah comes from a very prominent pureblood family. What kind of disgusts me, no, what really disgusts me, is that all purebloods are inbred. Like, her mother is her father’s fifth cousin, three times removed or something like that. Potter and his accomplice, Sirius, are also pureblood. In fact, the Blacks are the most pureblood family in the history of the Wizarding World. But that’s not the point. The McKinnons are pureblood also. Sarah is really nice, with kinky, blonde hair, and large blue eyes. Marles, Ali, and I think she has a crush on Remus Lupin, another of the infamous Marauders, but we aren’t sure. But, but, we do know for a fact that Remus has a crush on Sarah.



Well, the page is really starting to blur, probably from me being so tired. Goodnight, diary.



Lily Evans



A/N: This is fic is supposed to follow Lily through first year, possibly all the way through Hogwarts. I am planning on making a fic like this for Ginny Weasley, and Hermione Granger. I would try Harry and Ron, but boys are beyond me.

Parrots Do Not Make Me Laugh by SnowyHedwig112
Author's Notes:
Sorry about the delay. Other obsession troubles, and my writing muse has been on a very long, extended vacation. But, to the story!
Disclaimer: The Harry Potter world is Jo’s, I only play here







Chapter 2: Parrots Do Not Make Me Laugh








I shouldn’t be writing this right now. No, I shouldn’t. Then why am I? Well, it’s not like anyone cares what Professor Binns is saying! I should be taking notes, yet I am still writing in this diary! Oh, Merlin, what am I going to do? I’m going to FAIL History of Magic! I know I have to stop, but I can’t! I just must write in here. Mum was right, somehow it is comforting, because writing in a diary really feels like you’ve told someone your secrets, when you only really wrote them down on a piece of parchment.







That insufferable git James Potter is whispering to Sirius again. Well, at least they have one decent friend to hopefully keep them in line. Remus isn’t all that bad, in fact, I helped him with his Potions essay once. Although he probably only asked me so he could sit with Sarah. Boys…







How in the name of Merlin does Potter pass class the way he is??? Ok, so, I know Hogwarts isn’t like Muggle school, and you don’t really have big tests that often, only the end of the year exam, but still, doesn’t he need notes to study? I suppose he just nicks someone else’s though, right before the test. Black and Potter are really pushing it. They probably won’t make it past fourth year…poor dears…wait, what?!?! What did I just call them? “Poor dears”? No! I was sympathetic to Potter,the big-headed git. This diary is getting to me…







Professor Binns has been droning on about some history in the Wizarding World, oblivious to the fact that none of us really care. Well, Ali looks like she’s asleep, head-on-desk-snoring asleep, but then again, so is half of the class. She always insists on wearing her tie the wrong way, and it really bothers me. Well, I guess it shouldn’t bother me, but it sure does get annoying…







Marles is staring at the back of Sirius Black’s head, and doodling on a scrap of parchment that looks like her History of Magic notes. It looks like she’s signing her name, and I can see one of the signatures. It says, “Marley Elisabeth Prewitt Black”. Tsk, tsk, Marles, thinking about marrying Black in first year? Hasn’t she noticed how many girlfriends he’s been through already? By third year, he’ll have gone out with every girl at least three times, except me, of course. Potter would never let Black date me, because apparently, I am his. According to most of the guys, I am “Potter’s Property, Untouchable, Unless You Want A Life-Long Scar”. Of course, I disagree on this issue. But lets not stick on the subject of Potter, the world’s biggest pain in the arse, for too long. But really, doesn’t Marles know the kind of trouble Black has gotten into? He’s a Marauder, for crying out loud, and Marauders are nothing but trouble, except Remus of course.







Is that Sarah I see over there, doodling on parchment also? Sarah, my wonderful, tomboy friend Sarah, doodling her name over and over again with the surname “Lupin”? Tell me it isn’t so. I love Sarah to death as a friend, but if she changes, she’ll never be the Sarah I love. Okay, that sounded funny, but that’s not my point. If Sarah becomes mini-Marles, I’ll have to run screaming from whatever room they’re in. Wait, that might be potentially problematic because I have my classes with them, and we share a dormitory. Okay, well I probably would start getting annoyed with them, maybe not running and screaming though. Potter would just find another way to tease me about it. Thank goodness, Sarah is only doodling a really long squiggly line on her parchment.







Class is almost over, so I’d better stop writing and make sure I catch the end of the lesson (although it doesn’t really matter anyway, I could pass History of Magic with my eyes closed).







Common Room, after dinner, much later







Well, the rest of my day was…all right, I suppose. Potter annoyed me again, but when does that prat not annoy me? Mr. Insufferable Git decided, during Transfiguration, that he would like to try and transfigure me into, well, I don’t know what he was trying to turn me into, but it was something with feathers. A chicken? A parrot? A duck? A seagull? But the point is, it didn’t completely work. All I did was sprout a ton of different colored feathers. Professor McGonagall was really mad at me, at first, but then I told her Potter did it, and Potter has detention! But McGonagall got so caught up with being mad, that she forgot to remove the feathers! I had to walk to Defense Against the Dark Arts with parrot feathers (at least I think they were parrot feathers)! I feel so humiliated, and this is only my first year. At this rate, I don’t think I’ll survive Hogwarts, if Potter keeps humiliating me.







Defense Against the Dark Arts was very fun, and, thankfully, feather-less. Professor Rowans talked about a lot more stuff, and I wasn’t really that into it. In fact, I think I fell asleep, but I’m not sure. Regardless, I have so much Defense homework, it isn’t funny: ten inches of parchment on the creature of the Dark Arts, due Friday. That’s basically a ten inch essay on snakes, demons, and the like. Plus Friday is only two days away! How boring could it get?







And, to make matters worse, Professor Slughorn had to announce to everyone how well-made my Giggle Goop was. Professor Slughorn is nice and all, but he really needs to stop showing off his students. It make me embarrassed, plus it gives Potter an extra opportunity to somehow humiliate me. Slughorn also assigned an essay on the uses of bezoars and other antidotes in potion-making, also due Friday! I am going to die from humiliation by Potter, and too much homework from the teachers! Wait, I have to ask Ali a question,



~*~*~



“Hey, Ali, did we have Transfiguration homework?”







“Er…I’m not sure, ask Sarah.”







“Sarah, did we have Transfiguration homework?”







“Ask Marles.”







“Marles, did we have Transfiguration homework? And please don’t tell me to go ask Potter or something like that.” I asked, getting slightly annoyed.







“Yes, Lils, we had Transfiguration homework. Practice transfiguring toothpicks, like we did in class.”



~*~*~



Thank goodness. At least it’s not an essay. Practicing is much easier than writing essays. Anyways, I am really hungry right now. And the problem is, dinner is over, so I can’t go down to eat, and I am NOT going to nick food from the kitchens! And I will not stoop so low as to ask the Marauders to do it for me, because that would give Mr. Insufferable Git another chance to humiliate me, and I’m not risking it.







You know what, I think I’ll make a list, but I don’t know what I should make a list about. I suppose I’ll make a list of what’s bothering me right now.







What is Bothering Me Right Now







1. I am very hungry, even though I have already eaten dinner.



2. I am still mad at Potter for half-Transfiguring me into a parrot.



3. I have too much homework.



4. I want to get my homework done, but I don’t want to stop writing in my diary.



5. I need a nice slice of apple pie with whipped cream.







Argh, do you know what else bothers me? Well it doesn’t really bother me, but then again, it sort of does. Marles has a crush, Sarah has as crush (I think), and Ali has as guy who has a crush on her. And I don’t have a crush on anyone, nor does a boy have a crush on me. Well, except Potter. But I highly doubt it’s a real crush, probably just trying to endlessly annoy me. I wish I had a crush. No, no, don’t go bothering me telling me that Potter is a decent boy, and why don’t I like him. He’s not a decent boy. Sure, maybe he has just about ninety-five percent of the student female population worshiping him, while the other five percent worship anyone from Sirius Black to Peter Pettigrew, but that doesn’t make Potter a decent boy.







Merlin, it’s nearly eight o’ clock already, I have to start my homework before the teachers bury me in a mountain of parchment for my procrastination.







Good night,



Lily Evans






A/N: Thanks to my BRILLIANTLY WONDERFUL beta, Malika Potter, for the help!
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=60007