Getting It Out by longbottomluvr21
Summary: A Valentine's ball is planned, which of course stirs up some feelings with Harry, Hermione, Ron, and Ginny six years in the making. But will they be able to get them before the ball, or worse before someone else gets in their way? r/hr, h/g in the trio's sixth year. Wow almost 11,000 reads! Thanks for all the reviews!
Categories: Ron/Hermione AND Harry/Ginny Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 4 Completed: Yes Word count: 5713 Read: 14303 Published: 12/11/04 Updated: 05/09/05

1. The Invitations by longbottomluvr21

2. Talking it over by longbottomluvr21

3. Avoiding and Confronting by longbottomluvr21

4. The Ball by longbottomluvr21

The Invitations by longbottomluvr21
It was an early Saturday morning when Hermione woke up stretching. She had always woken up fairly early. She got up, showered, and lazily went to her dresser to pick out her clothes. She absent-mindedly chose a pale pink sweater and blue jeans. It was February 1st but it was still rather cold outside. Snow had been predicted for the past two weeks but not one flake had fallen yet. She picked up the book she was currently reading and set out for the Great Hall. There weren’t many people there yet but she preferred it that way. She began eating her leisurely breakfast while reading her book. Somehow it couldn’t quite capture her interest. The Great Hall was filled with valentine’s decorations, that all reminded her of her hopeless affection for a certain red-haired boy. After awhile more began to come in, including Ron and Harry. Both still seemed a little sleepy.

“Morning Harry, Ron” Hermione said.

“Morning Hermione” Harry said with a small yawn

“Morning Hermione” Ron said as he began pulling food towards his face, not bothering to place it on a plate. As Hermione watched him eat she couldn’t help but smile. There had always been something lovable about Ron. It wasn’t really his looks (but she did notice how manly he was looking these days), and it definitely wasn’t his brains. Whatever it was, it had Hermione hooked for 6 years now. She was absolutely head over heels for Ron! It was nothing like her pen-pal friendship with Viktor. But telling Ron how she felt always seemed out of the question. Hermione’s thoughts were broken when the owls came in with the mail. There seemed to be an unusually large number of owls today. They noticed all of the older students receiving letters, skipping over the younger ones. A buzz began to fill the hall. When the trio got their letters they all opened them in anticipation. Well actually Hermione and Harry opened theirs while Ron seemed to get his finger stuck in the top of the envelope… Harry read it aloud-

Valentine’s Ball On Valentine’s Day (of Course!)
For years 5,6, and 7 At 7 p.m.
Dress Robes required


Slowly both Ron and Hermione looked up at each other. Hermione’s eyes opened wide, Ron’s mouth open revealing unchewed food. Neither said anything for a moment or two until Ginny broke the silence.

“Finally I’m actually old enough to be included.” She said with a hint of sarcasm. Ron looked up in a very protective brother way and said

“And just who do you plan on going with?!”

“I haven’t decided yet” she replied,” Not that its any of your business.” Then she flipped her hair out of her face in an extremely girly way.

“Her hair is so pretty when she does that…” Harry thought. “Wait, What? This is Ron’s little sister. Little Ginny.” But for the first time Harry didn’t see her as “little Ginny”. For the first time Harry saw Ginny as the elegant women she was becoming.



Ron hurried back to the dormitory and began pacing. He had to ask her. He was not having another Yule Ball. He didn’t think he could stand watching Hermione dance with someone else again. He couldn’t watch someone else holding her, making her laugh. But how do you turn your best friend into a date?

He thought for a moment but after coming up with nothing he decided he’d just have it suck it up and get it out. He had loved Hermione too long to let another opportunity pass. Hermione! What if someone was asking her right this very moment? What if he was too late? But could he really ask her now? He hadn’t prepared anything. And he didn’t want to seem to eager. (After all he was a man) But he didn’t want to take chances. He went off to find her in her usual spot, and sure enough she was in the library.

“Hey Hermione.” Ron said trying not to sound too excited.

“Hi Ron.” Hermione said with her head still in her book. She copied something down onto a sheet of parchment then looked up at Ron.

“So you got your Valentine’s letter?” Ron asked. He figured if he set it up the right maybe it wouldn’t be so hard.

“ Uh huh…” said Hermione still deep in thought.

“Well who are you going to go with??” he said with a little more enthusiasm than he meant.

“I don’t know Ron. Whoever asks me that I actually want to go with.” She said looking up. “What if he actually asks me?!” She thought hopefully.

“Well let’s just say some guy may be considering asking you, but he doesn’t think he’s good enough.” Ron said.

“ Oh Great, he just wants to set me up with someone else. I should have known…” Hermione thought.

“Well do you think you would say yes?” Ron asked waiting for an answer.

“I really don’t know Ron. It really depends if I have any interest in this confidence lacking person at all.” Said Hermione a little annoyed. She had said it a little more hurtful than she had meant too, not knowing who she had really hurt was Ron.

“Oh yes well I suppose once you’ve had the wonderful Vicky no one else can really be good enough can they?” Ron said almost yelling.

“Why do you always have to refer to Viktor?” she half screamed at him.

“Maybe because you always have to compare everyone to him!” He said now a full yell. The Librarian quickly scolded him.

“May I remind you I never even mentioned him. You did,” and with that she gathered her things and stormed out.


Ginny sat in the common room by the fire and appeared to be thinking. Harry walked over to sit in the chair opposite her. He was nervous. Why was he nervous???

“Hey Ginny” He said his voice sounding a little higher than usual.

“Hey Harry.” She said back. Her voice sounded calm and together.

“ Thinking about something?” Harry asked.

“Just the dance. “ She replied.

“You’ll be going with Dean won’t you?” he asked slowly. She looked at him kind of surprised.

“Oh no, we broke up ages ago.” She said.

“ Oh,” Harry said a little embarrassed, but something about hearing that made him happy. “ I guess we haven’t really talked in a while”

“ Guess not” said Ginny. Harry eyes were melting her as they spoke. No Ginny your past this! You gave this up. Don’t set yourself up again! Just then Harry knocked over a few chess pieces Ron had left on the table.

“Oops” said Harry slightly blushing. Since when do I blush…he thought. He kneeled to pick up the stack.

“Here let me help” Ginny knelt down next to him and began to gather pieces. Her hair draped across her face as she kneeled over. She looked up ready to hand him what she’d gathered. But he was staring at her. He seemed like he was in some sort of trance. They paused, looking into each other’s eyes. She’s so beautiful. Why did she have to be so beautiful? Why did she have to be Ron’s little sister? He thought.

He’s gorgeous. Stop it Ginny he doesn’t love you. It’s wishful thinking. Don’t get yourself into this.

Harry couldn’t take it. He didn’t know what came over him but he felt like he loved Ginny. Like he always had. But he never really realized it.

Just as Harry began to lean in to kiss her she stood up.

“I should probably go to bed. It’s getting late.

“ Yea… your right.” Harry said awkwardly as he stood up.

“Well, good night” she said.

“Good night Ginny.” He answered. Then she walked up the stairs.



first fic so plz review :)
Talking it over by longbottomluvr21
Hermione slammed her quill down on the table. She simply couldn’t concentrate. Who did Ron Weasley think he was, accusing her of putting everyone up against Viktor? And its not like it had anything to do with him. It was about this stupid guy who asked Ron to ask her for him. Why was Ron so offended? Why did he hate Viktor so much? I mean as far as she knew Viktor had never done anything to him. Ron had never even given him a chance! Thinking about all of this over and over again in her mind still didn’t change the fact that she was still, hopelessly, madly, inescapably in love with him. “Men….” She muttered as the picked up her quill attempting to get back to her work.

“I’m an idiot.” Ron thought to himself as he lay on his back upstairs in his dormitory. “I’m an idiot. I’m an idiot.”

“I’M A COMPLETE IDIOT!” he yelled out loud this time

“Well its great you’ve finally come to the conclusion yourself mate, but we all knew that.” Harry said walking in.

“You don’t get it Harry….. I’ve completely messed everything up. Which brings me back to…I’m an idiot….” Ron said sounding depressed.

“Well just what did you do?” Harry said sounding interested.

“ If I tell you, and you laugh, I will strangle you,” Ron said sternly.

“ Oooh this must be something good then.” Said Harry grinning.

“Just promise you won’t okay?” Ron asked.

“Promise. Just tell me!” Harry said

“ See well we’ve never really talked about it Harry so I really don’t know if you know but I….. I kind of have a thing….for…..for Hermione.” He blurted the last part thankful he got it out.

“ Gee, you don’t say?” Harry said sarcastically

“You mean you knew?” Ron asked sitting up.

“ Of course I knew Ron! How could you not know? It’s so obvious! In fact the only person I think that doesn’t know is… Hermione…….. But what did you do that made you such an idiot?” Harry asked.

“Well see I was trying to ask her to the dance… in my own weird way… anyway something happened then I was yelling at her about Viktor for no reason and she stormed off.” Ron explained.
Harry was quiet for a moment and then said

“Gee man you are an idiot…..”

“Thanks…” Ron said sarcastically and fell back on his bed.

“Well… what are you going to do?” Harry asked.

“No Idea mate… no idea. Lets not talk about it anymore. It’s making me depressed. Who were you thinking of asking to the dance?” Ron asked.

“Maybe I should talk to Ron about asking Ginny first… not that she’d actually go with me after the episode last night” Harry thought bitterly.

“Been meaning to talk to you about that mate…” Harry said

“Okay… shoot.” Ron said

“Well what would you think of me…me asking Ginny?” Harry asked quickly. Ron was silent for a moment. Harry almost thought he was going to start screaming at him, strangling him, anything that wasn’t good. But then slowly but surely a smile crept up on Ron’s face.

“You dig my sister.” Ron said half laughing. Harry smiled back embarrassed.

“You dig my sister!” Ron said smiling wide.

“So you’re okay with me asking her?” Harry asked

“ Of course! I mean its better you than some of the other thickheads around here. So when are you gonna ask her?” Ron asked.

“ See now there’s the problem… things got a little awkward last night. I’m pretty sure she has absolutely no interest in me whatsoever.” Harry confessed. Although it was kind of weird talking about this with the brother of the girl he liked….

“That’s it man…. we’re done for. Neither one of us can get our girls. Its hopeless.” Ron said,

“Got that right…” said Harry as he collapsed on his back next to Ron.



“Hey Hermione” Ginny said sitting down in the chair opposite her.

“Hey Ginny” Hermione said.

“ You sound upset” Ginny noticed.

“ You don’t sound so happy yourself…” Hermione commented.

“ You first then” said Ginny

“Okay…” said Hermione putting down her quill and paper. “well I’ve told you I like Ron… and well I was really hoping he’d ask me to the dance… then I was in the library yesterday, and the way he was talking I really thought he was going to ask me. But it turned out he just wanted to set me up with someone else. Then we got in this stupid argument about Viktor. I haven’t talked to him since… Okay now your turn.”

“Well, you know how hard it’s been for me to get over Harry, and I was really doing okay. I was hardly ever thinking about him. But he started taking this sudden interest in catching up with me. And of course I enjoyed it but what if it’s all in my head? I mean I can’t destroy everything I’ve worked for just because there’s a possibility of something happening. A very small chance.” Ginny explained.

“Why do we let ourselves get caught up in all this?” Hermione asked.

“No clue. But now we both have huge messes to deal with." Ginny said.

"What do you think I should do?” Hermione asked.

“If you ask me I think you should just wait it out. Not to say if someone asks you, you shouldn’t accept. But Ron will come to his senses sooner or later. Just don’t let him bother you.” Ginny said.

“Thanks for letting me vent Gin.” Hermione said.

“Anytime,” Ginny replied “ But what are we going to do about me?”

“Well Gin I’m not saying Harry liking you is impossible, in fact it makes a lot of sense, but why kill your mind power until you have more proof?” Hermione suggested.

“Your right Hermione. Lets make a deal. Unless we have reason to believe we will be asked or have been asked by Harry or Ron in 5 days, then we give up and accept someone else. Deal?” Ginny asked.

“Deal” said Hermione.


plz review :)
Avoiding and Confronting by longbottomluvr21

Ginny slipped out of class as fast as she could. It was so hard, working her schedule around Harry. It wasn’t like she didn’t want to see him…She just didn’t think she could face him. She hadn’t felt like this in years.


Okay Ginny just think things through, you’ll eat a late dinner, so you’ll be last in the common room where it’ll be more crowded, then you’ll slip up to the dormitory, and be safe Ginny thought to herself then off to an early breakfast and then to class. Wait…. What about lunch? Can I go without lunch?


“Sorry, I wasn’t paying attention at all,” she said, not looking up as she quickly gathered her things.


“It’s okay, ” said a voice, with a little laugh.


Oh no… that voice. My luck, it’s Harry. Okay keep calm Ginny, just casually walk away … she thought.


“Well got to get to class…” she said, turning quickly.


“Wait, Ginny I wanted to - “ Harry called out.


“Sorry Harry, but I really do have to go,” she said, not daring to turn around and look at him. Why did this have to be so hard?


It had been three days, and Ginny was tired of running around. Hermione on the other hand, was tired of waiting. She noticed Ron staring at her in classes, and occasionally giving her a weak smile. She wanted to talk to him, but she wasn’t going to forget how Ron had treated her about Viktor. And even if they did makeup, it wasn’t like Ron was going to ask her to the dance. He tried to get her with someone else! He was probably interested in someone like Lavender, or Parvati, who always looked pretty and perfect.


She was finished with classes, and it was just about sunset, so she thought she’d stroll outside. She spotted her favorite bench and went and sat down.


It’s so pretty out here, she thought. She began to feel a little bit better about everything, and much more relaxed. Her pleasant thoughts were broken by the one voice that she wanted, and didn’t want to hear.


“Hey Hermione…” said Ron timidly, as he sat down beside her, “feel like talking?”


“I suppose,” said Hermione.


“Look I’m sorry I blew up at you the other day Hermione. It was totally unnecessary, “ said Ron apologetically.


There he goes again saying all the right things…and when you least expect it, Hermione thought.


“Thank you Ron, that’s really sweet of you, and I forgive you,” said Hermione. Ron seemed to go back to his laid-back self after that.


“But you know, you did kind of hurt me with all that Viktor stuff… we’re not even dating anymore… and I don’t know what you were getting at with the whole conversation, anyway,” Hermione said.


“Hey I said I was sorry,” said Ron, a little defensively.


“I know…but I mean this isn’t exactly the first time…..” answered Hermione.


“What do you mean?” asked Ron.


“Well I mean, you do kind of pick at Viktor constantly,” said Hermione.


“I do not! I mean, not for what an oaf he is…” answered Ron.


“You just did it Ron!” said Hermione.


“ Look I didn’t come here to fight,” said Ron.


“Well why did you come? Obviously you’re not apologizing for all the things you say about Viktor! Why don’t you go practice how you’ll ask Lavender or Parvati to the dance!? You're wasting your time here!” yelled Hermione. She stood up abruptly and stormed off.


“Hermione, wait!” Ron yelled running after her, “what on Earth are you talking about?”


“Ron you know exactly what I’m talking about! But you don’t have to stand around and pity me anymore!” Hermione yelled running off again.


“Hermione - “ Ron stopped when he looked up to see that Hermione was talking to Seamus Finnigan. She was listening to something Seamus was saying, casting Ron odd looks as he talked. Ron started to walk up to her and Seamus when he was stopped short by what Hermione said.


“Sure I’d love to go to the dance with you,” Hermione said, blushing, finally managing to get away. She looked back to see Ron rubbing his forehead, looking upset…


Ginny was enjoying some quiet time in her dormitory, when Hermione walked in.


“Ginny I kind of broke our deal. Seamus asked me to the dance, so I just said yes. Sorry,” said Hermione.


“It’s okay Hermione, really, “ said Ginny, softly smiling.


“Ginny why are you up here in the cold? There’s a fire in the common room. You’d be much more comfortable,” said Hermione.


“I’m kind of avoiding Harry…” said Ginny.


“Oh well he’s at dinner, so I think it’s fine to go down there,” said Hermione.


“Great. I’ve hated staying up here all the time,” said Ginny. She gathered her things and headed down to the common room.


“I’ll be at dinner if you need me,” said Hermione.


“Okay, thanks,” said Ginny. It was so much warmer in the common room. She pulled a blanket from a sofa and wrapped it around her as she sat by the fire. After she finished her work, she decided just to sit by the fire until Harry came back. It was much better down in the common room than up in her dormitory.


She leaned her head against the back of the chair, and closed her eyes. What kind of mess had she gotten herself into? She felt so trapped. This was supposed to a fun age, where you try new things, or meet new people or… something. It was definitely not supposed to be like this…


“Ginny…are you okay?”


Ginny’s eyes whipped open to show her Harry standing alone in the doorway.


“Yes I’m fine… I should probably head back upstairs…” she said.


“Why? I’m sure it’s freezing up there,” Harry said.


“Oh I’ve got blankets. I’ll be fine,” Ginny replied.


“I haven’t seen you around lately, Ginny. Where’ve you been?” asked Harry.


“Oh you know just busy with…things,” said Ginny.


“Look Ginny, I don’t know what I did, but could you just tell me why you’re avoiding me?” asked Harry.


“I’- I’m not avoiding you…” answered Ginny.


“Yeah you are Ginny, you’re doing it right now…” said Harry. Ginny didn’t know what to say. They simply stood there staring at each other. Finally Ginny spoke up holding back tears.


“You didn’t do anything Harry…..It’s me…..It’s all me…” said Ginny, turning to run up the stairs.


“Ginny I - “ he started, until he was cut off by a door slam.


How could she accept Seamus? Ron thought to himself…


"Seamus stutters, and never says anything worth talking about! He doesn’t know what makes her laugh, or her worst fear…and Seamus didn’t spend the whole summer working out… and that wasn’t just for Quidditch!"


“I always kinda figured you couldn’t love Quidditch enough to actually wake up and do something in the summertime… but if you had an extra motive…” said Harry walking in the door. “ You know you have a real problem with thinking out loud. “


“She said yes to Seamus! Stupid little Seamus! What did Seamus ever do that was so great???” Ron spat.


“I don’t know…but maybe you should pay more attention,” said Harry.


“What do you mean?” said Ron.


“Well you’ve been trying to get Hermione forever, and Viktor and Seamus get her on the first try… clearly you’re doing something wrong,” said Harry.


“Thanks for all the help…” said Ron putting his hands in his face.


Hermione sat up in her room, talking with Ginny. “Ginny I know plenty of guys would love to go with you, so why don’t you just pick one?” Hermione asked.


“Maybe I should…” said Ginny.


“Well, you deserve to have fun at the dance,” said Hermione, yawning. “ I’m going to go to bed. Goodnight.”


“Goodnight,” said Ginny as she turned out the light.


The Ball by longbottomluvr21
It was the day of the dance and Ginny was sitting in her favorite chair in the common room, reading a book. Unlike all the other girls, Ginny still didn’t have a date, so she didn’t see any point in getting ready this early. She curled her toes toward the fire. It seemed to be colder than ever this week. Just then Neville walked in.

"Hey Ginny, I’ve been looking all over for you," he said.

"Hey Neville," she replied, "what do you need?"

"Well see, I understand if you don’t want to, but I heard you didn’t have a date, and I don’t either, so I figured we could go together," he said in run-on form, "that is, if you want to."

What the heck, Ginny thought.

"Sure Neville, that’d be great," she said back.

"Great, I’ll see you tonight," he said as he was leaving.




"So should we try and get last minute dates?" Harry said grimly.

"No," said Ron, "I’d really rather just go alone."

"I know the feeling," said Harry, " did you ever hear if Ginny got a date?"

"I know she was asked by tons of guys, but I don’t know that she said yes to any of them," Ron said.

Thank God, Ron thought to himself.

"Oh," Harry muttered, feeling a little encouraged.



"Ginny, I simply don’t know how you do it!" Hermione said as they sat in front of a mirror.

"Do what Hermione?" Ginny asked, perplexed.

"Come in here last minute, and still manage to be the prettiest girl in the room," Hermione said back, smiling.

"How can you say that?" Ginny said, "You’re gorgeous Hermione, and I have a feeling it’s not for Seamus."

"Is it that obvious?" Hermione asked. Ginny nodded, slightly smiling.

"I tried to like Seamus, but well, h- he’s just not Ron," Hermione said.

"I know the feeling," Ginny muttered back.

"Lets just try and get through the night," said Hermione.

"Yeah," Ginny replied, "this is going to be a big night."



"Oh man Harry, there she is," Ron said, "I can’t look. I bet she’s pretty. Is she pretty? You can tell me mate, I can handle it. Harry? Harry?"

Ron turned around to see Harry staring wide-eyed at Ginny coming down the stairs into the common room. She was wearing a deep green robe that highlighted her eyes. Her hair was pulled back in soft, sleek curls, that draped lightly over her shoulders.

"Hey Gin," Ron said casually, "You look nice."

"Thanks Ron," she replied lightly, "not too shabby yourself."

“Are you going with someone?” Ron asked, almost sternly.

“Neville,” Ginny replied quietly.

Just then Hermione walked over. Ron was right. She was pretty. Her robe was a beautiful snowflake blue and her normally frizzy hair and straight and smooth pulled back in a glass clip.

"You look nice too Hermione," Ron said in a much more strangled voice. "And you know I never meant to hurt your feel-"

"Hey Hermione, ready to go?" Seamus said walking over.

"Sure," replied Hermione in a slightly disappointed voice.

"Let’s go Ginny," Neville said excitedly.


The Great Hall was decorated with deep shades of pink and red, while elegant snowflakes covered in pink glitter were suspended in mid-air around the room. Harry and Ron quickly found a table and sat down.

"Funny, this seems familiar," Harry commented jokingly.

"Wonder why we keep ending up here," Ron muttered, looking over at Hermione, who was laughing at something Seamus had said. Harry looked over at Ginny talking with Neville. She could have had any guy she wanted, and she chose Neville Harry thought What a girl. After about an hour Ron and Harry decided to go outside.


"Are you having a good time Hermione?" Seamus asked.

"Yeah," she said softly. "Seamus, we need to talk. You’re a great guy, but I just don’t like you like that. I didn’t mean to lead you on. I’m so sorry." Seamus was quiet for a minute.

"It’s okay Hermione, really," he said. "I’m sorry if I spoiled your evening."

"Oh Seamus no, not at all," Hermione said, "But if you don’t mind, I saw someone go outside that I really need to talk to."



"Ginny, are you okay?" Neville asked.

"Oh yeah, I’m fine," Ginny replied.

"It’s just that, well you’ve seemed a little distracted tonight. Is something bothering you?" Neville asked.

Might as well tell him, Ginny thought.

"Neville you’re wonderful, but I don’t like you that way. But really don’t take is personally, because you really are quite a catch."

"Thanks Ginny. I understand," Neville said.


Hermione walked outside to see Ron and Harry sitting by the lake. She slowly walked up and sat down next to Ron.

"Hey," she said softly to Ron, "can we talk?" Ron looked over at Harry.

"Hey don’t mind me," Harry said smiling. He got up and walked toward the castle. Ron looked at Hermione sitting in her elegant robe. The moonlight was reflecting on the lake, flashing a glowing tint on her face.

"Look Hermione I tried to tell you earlier, but I’m really sorry about the other day. I never meant to hurt your feelings. And I hope you had fun with Seamus," Ron said.

"First off I'm not here with Seamus. And I’m sorry I blew up like that," said Hermione, " I guess I was just a little irritated. And you know there was the whole dance thing. You know I didn’t see you with anyone. Why didn’t you ask someone you like, or whomever you like?" she paused slowly looking up, " Do you like someone?" She gazed at him searching his face for an answer. Suddenly he saw something in her eye. Something that made his stomach flip. Something that made everything he was thinking seem not so crazy. Something that made him want to go for it.

"Yea actually I do," said Ron with a smile.

"Oh," said Hermione sounding a little upset.


"Yea she’s amazing," Ron said. "She’s beautiful, smart, talented, witty."

Why is he putting me through this? Hermione thought.

"She sounds great," said Hermione a little annoyed.

"Yea she is. There are so many little things about her," Ron continued. "Whenever she really gets into deep thought, she has this look in her eye. She’s not really looking at anything, but more looking into her thoughts. I can’t describe it. It’s amazing."

"Sounds like you really like her," Hermione said.

"Believe me, I’m head over heels," Ron said. "But I mean there are all these problems."

"Problems?" Hermione asked.

"Yeah," Ron replied, " She just seems so preoccupied all the time. With other guys that is."

"Other guys?" Hermione asked.

"Yea," Ron said, " the really annoying type. Foreign, handsome, athletic, but still really annoying. And he keeps sending her all these letters. It drives me crazy."

"That has to be hard," Hermione said looking out at the lake. "Hey Ron?" she asked.

"Yeah?" he said looking over at her.

"Who is she?" she asked cautiously. He looked at her and just laughed.

"You know, Hermione for a smart witch you’re really rather thick," Ron replied.

"Oh well you don’t have to tell me, I was just wondering I mean I know its not my business - " Hermione went on rambling. Ron turned his head away.

"Ahh Hermione!" Ron said while he turned his head back and kissed her. She seemed startled at first, and broke away. Looking into his eyes she suddenly understood and smiled. Ron smiled back, leaning in to kiss her again. They laid back together in their embrace, both happier than they’d ever been.



Harry was walking back toward the castle when he saw a figure sitting on a bench. He looked closer and saw Ginny in her beautiful robe.

"Hey Ginny," Harry said. "Want to take a walk?"

"Sure," said Ginny slowly getting up.

"So why aren’t you in there with Neville?" Harry asked.

"It didn’t work out with me and Neville," Ginny answered.

"Oh, I’m sorry," Harry said.

"I’m not," said Ginny with a half smile. Harry felt his stomach overturning. Ginny shivered in the cold, February air.

"Here, take my coat," said Harry taking off his jacket and draping it over Ginny’s shoulders.

"Thanks" said Ginny appreciatively. "So why are you all alone?"

"Believe me it’s a long story," answered Harry, "Ginny, have you ever loved some one so much but, there’s something in your way. You feel trapped. Too afraid to do anything?"

"More than you know," answered Ginny, feeling her own situation being explained.

"So," said Harry changing the subject, "what was wrong the other night? I never really got to talk to you."

"I was just upset," she replied. He nodded understandingly and they kept on walking. He looked over at her beautiful figure looking around as they walked.

"Ginny I can’t take it anymore!" Harry said loudly.

"Take what Harry?" asked Ginny surprised.

"This Ginny! You and me! Ginny we get so close to only to get out of touch or in an awkward stage. I don’t want that Ginny! You feel so out of reach these days, and tonight was the worst seeing you in there with him looking so beautiful and I love you so much that I - " Harry stopped short realizing what he just said.

"I- I’ve got to go," said Harry, running his hand through his hair as he hurriedly walked away.

"Wait Harry!" Ginny yelled after him.

"What?" said Harry almost angry. Ginny was quiet for a minute, just staring at him. He could feel his face becoming redder, and redder…


"Did you mean it?" Ginny asked. He was silent.

"Did you?"

"Every word," he answered back. She just stared at him. After a moment he waved his hand and turned to walk away.

"I love you!" Ginny called out. Harry stopped dead in his tracks. He turned around slowly and searched her face, not believing what he was hearing. Then all of the sudden he was walking toward her, almost running. He grabbed her face and kissed her. It was magic, warm, and amazing. He took her underneath the arms and spun her around kissing her again.


And as Ron, Hermione, Harry, and Ginny sat out in their bliss, the long awaited snowfall began.
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=6082