The Final Battle: A Sad Excuse by inhphtml
Summary: Some would call it a sad excuse. I call it a learning experience. Harry didn't want it to end this way, but the plaque just had to stay.


Categories: Humor Fics Characters: None
Warnings: Character Death, Violence
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1166 Read: 2027 Published: 12/06/06 Updated: 12/08/06

1. The Final Battle by inhphtml

The Final Battle by inhphtml
Author's Notes:
Sorry if it's a weak effort on my part, but I think it explains plenty. The violence is mild, but it's not very graphic.
“Harry, come on, you’ve talked about this for months,” Hermione whispered urgently. It was the night that Harry was going to investigate the Department of Mysteries, and even more importantly; he was going to investigate the veil.

“I’ll dial it in a moment,” Harry replied. Hermione sighed and waited for him to dial the numbers on the Ministry telephone. Suddenly, Harry spoke.

“It’s just so…surreal that I can finally find out why certain things happened; it feels like I’m following in Dumbledore’s footsteps the way he would want,” Harry said meaningfully. Hermione patted her good friend on the shoulder. Soon enough, they were inside the Department of Mysteries. Harry, Ron, and Hermione were all wearing badges that proved what they were doing; saving lives. Well, they also planned to rid the world of plaque and gingivitis, but that was a different mission.

“This will be a joy,” Ron said with sarcasm as they entered the room with many doors. Harry chuckled and went for a door; it was the one that led to the ‘love’ room that Dumbledore had mentioned two years’ previously.

“Do you remember how to get in?” the bespectacled wizard asked his genius friend. Hermione nodded. She pulled out her wand and banged it against the door. Ron and Harry raised their eyebrows, but Hermione continued. Then, she pulled on her robes and then kicked the door, which swung open.

“That is odd,” Ron said, scratching his head. But, he wasn’t scratching his head because of what Hermione did; it was because of what was inside the previously locked room.

“Neville? Luna? What is going on?” Hermione asked in a mortified voice. Her eyes were wide. Neville Longbottom and Luna Lovegood were sitting in the middle of the floor of a giant room painted in pinks and reds. They were reading a copy of The Quibbler to each other in soft voices. Neville looked up and saw the shocked faces of the Trio.

“Oh, hello Hermione! Didn’t you hear? We got married! This is the special honeymoon suite! That is why it’s always locked!” Neville exclaimed. Ron’s mouth was wide open, and the look on his face was priceless.

“Well, we will let you continue your, erm, fun…” Hermione said, backing up. Hermione marked the door and slammed it shut. The doors did their moving, and finally stopped.

“That was strange,” Harry said. Hermione nodded and waited for Harry to select another door. He went straight ahead and gasped. He was close to the veil, so close to solving the mystery that was placed ahead of him. As he was going down the steps, he stumbled a bit, but grabbed the wall to stay balanced. He tried again, but stumbled again. He heard laughing, and looked up. Fred and George were standing by the entrance, holding their wands.

“Harry, Harry…you can’t just go investigate that evil little veil without inviting us! We missed the last venture into the strange world; an invite would have been nice!” George said, winking.

“And best of all, we wanted to deliver some sweets to you lot!” Fred added. He hopped down to Harry and gave him a piece of chocolate. Harry reluctantly ate it, wondering what was in it. His hair shot up. Hermione began giggling.

“What?”

“Harry, that hairstyle doesn’t suit you!” Hermione said, continuing to giggle. Harry had never actually seen Hermione giggle, so he thought that it wasn’t a good look for him. Ron handed the scarred boy a mirror.

“WHAT ON EARTH?” Harry yelled. His hair was covered in little braids that were sticking up. The ends of the braids were tied in little pink ribbons. Hermione continued to giggle.

“Oh, go on, laugh!” Harry said, trying to rip the braids out. However, the ribbons kept getting increasingly tighter. His face turned red, trying to pull the braids out was proving to be difficult.

“Harry, mate, it would be so much easier to pull the ends of the ribbon,” Ron said. Harry thanked him, but then whipped around

“Hey! How do you know?” Harry demanded. Ron blushed and mumbled something about having to do Ginny’s hair for previous occasions.

“How does my hair look now?” Harry asked fifteen minutes later.

“Crimped…” Hermione whispered. She looked as if tears were about to fall down her face, but she was able to control them.

Harry shook his head and continued down the stairs. He didn’t care if his hair looked stupid; he couldn’t forget what he was at the Ministry for. He ran to the veil.

“SIRIUS!” Harry yelled.

“Whaddaya want?” somebody yelled. It must be Sirius, Harry said to himself. He began to stick his head inside the veil, but he stopped when he heard a scream. He whipped around.

“Hello, young Potter!” Lord Voldemort said.

“If I was young, I wouldn’t be having these stupid back problems!” Harry said. He meant to say it to himself, but it came out of his mouth regardless of what he truly wanted his enemy to hear.

“You have back problems, too?” Voldemort asked, rubbing his back.

“Oh yeah! But, I can usually fix it with a nice, big cup of firewhiskey, but for the domestic diva, I suggest staple sauce,” Harry said. Voldemort tilted his head, as if to consider what Harry had said.

“I think I prefer killing Mudbloods!” the villain said after a long moment of consideration. He raised his wand, but Hermione jumped out of the way. The girl thought about asking Voldemort what his problem was, but then she considered the fact that it was Voldemort, and he was a creep.

“Hey! You can’t try to kill her!” Fred said. Voldemort rolled his red eyes and shot a Killing Curse at Fred. He fell down immediately, and the same was with George. Hermione and Ron scuttled out of the vicinity, leaving Harry alone with the psycho.

“At last, the moment that people have been waiting to read about,” Voldemort said to Harry, who gave him an odd look.

“Oh, right, you don’t know that you’re in a book series,” Voldemort mumbled. He shot a Killing Curse at Harry, but missed by a long shot. Harry would have snorted at the miserable miss, but he thought it may be impolite to laugh at the idiotic villain.

“I think I’ll kill you,” Harry said. He ran up to Voldemort and kicked him several times, but neither of them expected to have a madman stick a sword through the two enemies. Of course, that madman was trying to kill Voldemort, not Harry. But, alas, Cornelius Fudge managed to kill Harry and Voldemort.

“WHAT THE HECK DID YOU JUST DO?” was almost the last thing that Harry heard, but the statement made by Fudge was the final thing he heard.

“I tried to kill Voldemort so Harry wouldn’t be bothered by his scar…”
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=60998