A Second Chance by Mrs_Malfoy
Summary: One chapter story about draco and hermione... cute ending! Please read and review!!! This is my first fanfiction, so tell me what you think!
Categories: Hermione/Draco Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: No Word count: 834 Read: 2053 Published: 12/13/04 Updated: 12/13/04

1. A Second Chance by Mrs_Malfoy

A Second Chance by Mrs_Malfoy
As Hermione opened her eyes, she remembered what day it was. Today was August 7th; the day she was to be married. Not to Harry or even Ron, but to none other than Draco Malfoy¡K

At age 24, Hermione still remembered the hell that Draco had put her through during her Hogwarts years. He had constantly called her "Mudblood" and never stopped trying to annoy her and her best friends. How painful those years were for her¡Kshe vividly remembered the first time Malfoy had called her a Mudblood in her second year. She also remembered punching him square in the jaw during her third year. But¡Kafter the war things changed.

After graduating from Silver Cauldron University and receiving her teaching degree, she became the Charms teacher at Hogwarts. Unknown to her was that the Potions Master she remembered, Professor Snape, had retired. His replacement was none other than Draco Malfoy.

Draco had changed a lot over the few years they hadn¡¦t seen each other. He had gotten more mature, had more respect for wizards of any bloodline, and even helped to defeat The Dark Lord, Lord Voldemort. He was still as handsome as ever¡Kmaybe even more. After his father had been captured during the end of his fifth year at Hogwarts, he realized that life had more meaning to it when you had true friends to share it with.

The day that he and Hermione "bumped into each other", he was taken aback when Hermione asked him how he was doing, and what he had been up to. He had been expecting the cold shoulder because of how he treated her. But, Hermione believed in second chances, even for people like Malfoy.

Within the next week Draco found the courage to ask her on a date. Their first date was at Madame Puddifoot's for coffee, and then to Diagon Alley for some shopping. Despite what Hermione had predicted, she had a wonderful time. Draco was a complete gentleman, holding doors and pulling out her chair. They even shared their first kiss that very night.

Over the length of the school year, Hermione and Draco became more serious. They were often seen together walking the grounds, or just helping each other "prepare lessons". Draco knew Hermione was the girl for him, but he just didn¡¦t think that she would marry him. Even though they are crazy about each other, Draco still made her teenage years hell. "still", he thought, "if I don¡¦t ask, I'll always wonder¡K" The next Saturday morning while Hermione was catching up on her lessons, he slipped to Diagon Alley and bought something that, he hoped, would change his and Hermione's lives forever.

That day while they were out for coffee at Madame Puddifoot's, Draco pulled out a large black velvet box. He seemed to tremble as he opened it and faced it towards Hermione. What she saw in that box was nothing other than a 1.5 karat diamond ring. After seeing the surprised look on her face, he summoned up the courage to ask her to marry him¡K

"Hermione¡KI know that I was a jerk to you while we were teenagers, but right now, I know that things have changed. You gave me the second chance that I needed. I didn¡¦t know how beautiful, intelligent, and compassionate you were. Now I know, and I am asking you to give me my second chance, but this time, as my wife. Will you marry me?"

"Ohmygod Draco! Of course I will! You know that I love you, and that my past doesn¡¦t matter anymore, as long as my future is with you! I don¡¦t care how you were then! All that matters is that you're mine now! Yes, I'll marry you!!

¡K¡K¡K..back to the present¡K¡K¡K.

Hermione pulled herself out of bed, and showered. When she was done showering and eating, Mrs. Weasley, Ginny, and Mrs. Granger had arrived to help her get ready. Hermione put on her beautiful white dress, embroidered with little roses. She had even put a charm on the dress to make it sparkle in any amount of light. After all, today was her day to sparkle and shine.

Two hours later, arm in arm with her father, she marched down the isle. After she and Draco said their vows, and their profession of love made, it was time for her and Draco to share their first kiss as husband and wife. Draco was so nervous that when he went to kiss her, they bonked noses instead. And, since Hermione believed in second chances, she chuckled and grabbed his head and kissed him again, this time, with all the passion she could sum up.



AUTHOR'S NOTE: this is my first fanfiction story. I know that it's only one chapter long, but if anyone is interested, I will be willing to write a sequel on their marriage! ļ Please review!!!
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=6264