Last Night on Earth by music_is_magic
Summary:
If tomorrow never comes I want you to know right now that I
I’m gonna love you until the day I die
If tomorrow falls asleep can you hold me first
I’m gonna love you like it’s the last night on earth


Ginny travels to Godrics Hollow and finds Harry, alone but ready to fight Lord Voldemort. A recount of how they spent their last night together.
Categories: Harry/Ginny Characters: None
Warnings: Character Death
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1482 Read: 1926 Published: 01/18/07 Updated: 01/24/07

1. Last Night on Earth by music_is_magic

Last Night on Earth by music_is_magic
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer: All of this is J.K Rowlings. Not mine. I just made her characters do things.

Song:
Delta Goodrem (2004) Last Night on Earth. Sony Music Australia

Thankyou to the_evenstar for doing a great job beta reading!
It’s the last night on earth before the great divide
My hands are shaking time was never on our side
And there’s no such thing as a beautiful goodbye
As an ordinary day I prayed for you a thousand times


A lone figure walked slowly down the moonlit street. The silence around her was deafening, and fear filled her heart, but she carried on, regardless.

The lonely house stood in front of her; it seemed unfinished and quiet. She entered slowly, pulling her coat tighter around her. The house was old, but the inside appeared to have been somewhat restored, though it still felt abandoned. Her brown eyes gazed around the home, wary and alert. Suddenly she heard a noise.

A man jumped out at her, his wand drawn. “Harry?” she whispered, joy filling her heart. Harry stared.

“Ginny? What are you doing here?” Harry asked, apparently unable to believe his eyes. Ginny stared at him with interest. Harry’s appearance had changed. His hair was more ruffled than ever, his eyes bloodshot and tired, he was unshaven, and his clothes looked like they had been worn for days. But he was smiling, and that was the most important thing.

Ginny smiled fondly. “I came to find you. We need to talk,” she said, walking slowly into the living room and sitting on an old chair that Harry had conjured. She looked around. Harry had really fixed up Godric’s Hollow well.

Harry stared still, following her in and conjuring another chair for him to sit on. His face was impossible to read. “I don’t really want to talk about it, Ginny.”

“Well, I do,” Ginny retorted. Despite her confidence, she was unsure about how to begin. She decided to say the most important thing first.

“I am in love with you, Harry.”

It’s never enough
No matter how many times I tried to tell you this is love


Harry stared, but he found it was hard to look at her. He hung his head. “Still? After everything that’s happened?” he quietly asked. Ginny was just making this harder than it already was. He avoided her eyes, in case he saw that same blazing look in them again. He looked up after a while to see Ginny sadly staring at him.

“You don’t feel the same way, do you, Harry?” she murmured, and the fire in Harry’s heart was dampened just the slightest by his feelings of doubt. He had to make a choice “ now. If he told her the truth, there was no turning back.

But the look in her eyes... Could he love her and the rest of the world, too? Could he save mankind and not break her heart?

“I do love you, Ginny,” he began, and her eyes widened.

“Then you’ll let me fight with you?” she asked.

Harry closed his eyes, and took a deep breath before he began speaking. “Ginny, can we let it go? It doesn’t matter anymore.”

“What do you mean, it doesn’t matter?! It’s the only thing that does matter, Harry! I“”

“This could be our last night together,” he whispered to her, pulling her close. He leaned down and kissed her, and the feeling of intense love he experienced was better than anything else he had felt in his life.

If tomorrow never comes I want you to know right now that I
I’m gonna love you until the day I die
If tomorrow falls asleep can you hold me first
I’m gonna love you like it’s the last night on earth
Like it’s the last night on earth


Ginny kissed Harry back slowly, falling into his arms. He kissed the top of her head, and she smiled up at him, wiping away tears. He ran a finger down her cheek lovingly, and she kissed him, putting her hands around his neck.

“I have an idea,” she whispered. Harry raised an eyebrow and Ginny laughed, pulling out her wand. All of a sudden, music began playing.

“Dance with me?” she asked. “Since we couldn’t at the Yule Ball?”

Harry smiled. “Sure.” He took her hand, and drew her closer to him, as they swayed to the music. The silver moonlight shined in behind them, casting them in a serene glow. Harry leaned down and kissed her again. The music stopped abruptly, and they smiled at each other. Harry stared at Ginny. She looked so beautiful in the moonlight, like an angel... or a unicorn.

A penny for your thoughts
A picture so it lasts
Let’s knock down the walls of immortality
Your fingers on my skin only you can hear my fear
Only you can help me heal
I see forever with you here


Harry suddenly looked away. Ginny stared up at him. “What is it? What’s wrong?”

Harry looked at her again, but this time there were tears forming in the corners of his eyes.

“Oh, Harry,” Ginny sighed. As she held him closer, she could hear his heartbeat. He was so afraid.

“Ginny, I can’t do this,” he cried into her strong shoulders. He didn’t want to be like this, not for Ginny, but he knew she understood.

“I love you, Harry,” she whispered, as if that were the final answer, the solution for his problems. And when Ginny looked up to see his smiling face, she knew that it was.

It’s never enough no matter how many miles stand between us this is love

Ginny lay in Harry’s arms, and he leaned over and kissed her on the forehead. “Goodnight Ginny,” he whispered, and Ginny smiled sleepily at him. Before sleep overcame her, she looked at Harry once more.

He was everything to her. She loved him more than anyone else she had ever loved. She closed her eyes, wishing that the world would freeze, just like this, before she fell asleep.

If tomorrow never comes I want you to know right now that I
I’m gonna love you until the day I die
If tomorrow falls asleep can you hold me first
I’m gonna love you like it’s the last night on earth


The morning light wafted through the small window. Ginny Weasley began to stir, opening her eyes suddenly. A sense of dread had risen inside of her.

“Ha-Harry?” she whispered, turning over to where Harry’s face should have been. Instead, a note lay there. Ginny felt like screaming as she picked up the note.

Ginny,
I am so sorry. I have gone to fight Voldemort.
I did not tell you this, but I found the last Horcrux I needed to find last night, before you came..
I know where he is, and I have gone to fight. This is it. The Last Battle between Lord Voldemort and I.

Ginny, I couldn’t let you go with me. All I wish for you to know is that I love you.
I will always love you.
Please, live a happy life.

Love,
Harry


It’s never enough
No it’s never enough
(it’s never enough)
Oohh


The afterglow
The horizon line
The shadows fall
Will you still be mine
Will you still be mine
Will you still be mine
Will you still be mine I ask


The sunset was beautiful. It illuminated the hair of a young red-haired woman, who was standing like a statue, unmoving, yet beautiful.

The words in front of her hurt more than anything else she had ever read. The pain she felt would not go; she did not even feel the joy that the rest of the Wizarding world felt that day. Lord Voldemort was gone. Forever.

She stared at the words, and tried to keep the tears from escaping.

Harry James Potter
Born 31st July 1980
Died 5th August 1997
A True Hero
A Beloved Friend.
He died to save us all.
RIP


The gravestone was alone, sad yet beautiful in its own way. Ginny bit her lip, a single tear falling from her eye, before she collapsed, tears falling onto the cold ground below, where Harry’s body lay.

She felt a hand on her shoulder, and looked around. Standing behind her were Ron and Hermione. Neither were crying, but their faces were filled with pain.

No words were spoken, but Ginny knew that there were two others who cared for Harry as much as she did. Harry was gone, but those he loved were going to live, happily.

Ginny knew that this was all he had ever wanted.

If tomorrow never comes I want you to know right now that I
I’m gonna love you until the day I die
If tomorrow falls asleep can you hold me first
I’m gonna love you like it’s the last night on earth
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=62839