The First Kiss by harry_kissed_ginny
Summary: One-Shot. James/Lily's First Kiss
Categories: James/Lily Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1362 Read: 3278 Published: 01/26/07 Updated: 02/02/07

1. Chapter 1 by harry_kissed_ginny

Chapter 1 by harry_kissed_ginny
Author's Notes:
Read and Review.

DISClAIMER: No stories about Marauders for Jo...



James Potter. I love him. I love how he always asks me out. I love how he gets upset when I turn him down. I love how he sulks around the Gryffindor Common Room turning down other girls, hoping I’ll ask him out. I love how we have Head Duties tonight. Together. Alone. Without anyone else. Just us. Those were Lily’s thoughts.

Lily was so excited for tonight that she could barely concentrate in classes. She had a plan for tonight. A plan to get James to kiss her. She lost five points from Gryffindor in Transfiguration for not paying attention, but won the points back in Charms for answering questions. Lily didn’t even bother doing her homework. If all went well tonight, she wouldn’t care tomorrow if she did poorly on the assignments. Lily would be too happy. When Lily got to the Common Room, she headed straight for the girl’s dormitories, where she got ready. When the clock struck 21:00, she headed downstairs, only to bump into James.

“Hey Lily, are you Ready to go?” James asked in a soothing voice.

“Yeah, let’s go,” Lily replied. She wondered why she hadn’t noticed him until recently.

After walking around for 15 minutes in silence, Lily felt that she needed to strike up a conversation. “So, how are your classes?”

James looked at Lily. His eyes filled with hope. She had never talked to him before, unless it was necessary. Now she was asking him about his classes. “Fine, I guess. Defense is easy enough, so is Transfiguration. Somehow, I’ve managed to get by in Transfiguration without much trouble…”James trailed off, thinking about how he and his friends had become Animagi in order to give his friend Remus company in his monthly transformations into a werewolf.

“Oh. Is that all that you are taking this year?” Lily asked, shocked to hear this.

“Of course not. I’m also taking Herbology, Potions, and Charms. Charms is pretty easy I guess, but I’ve never been too good at it. I can only get by because Flitwick is such an easy teacher. Herbology and Potions, are bloody difficult. Herbology is simply tiresome and boring. Potions on the other hand, well, if you aren’t part of his “Slug Club”, then Slughorn isn't exactly a piece of cake,” James said, almost jealous that Lily did get the privilege of being one of Slughorn’s favorite students.

“I could help you in Potions and Charms if you want. I hate to say it, but I do seem to be in the “Slug Club” as you called it. I just have a knack for Potions. And, when I got my wand in Diagon Alley a few years back, Ollivander told me that it was good for Charms, and was he right. I got an Outstanding in Charms on my O.W.L.’s in fifth year. Oh, I’m sorry. I’m bragging. I’m so sorry. The offer is open for help in Potions in Charms. Herbology, on the other hand, isn’t my strong suit. You could try Frank or Alice, they seem to have a knack for Herbology,” Lily said, seizing the opportunity to spend time with James.

“Thanks for the offer, Lily. I appreciate it,” James said, with what appeared a glint of hope in his eyes. When Lily saw this, she felt her face turn bright red. She quickly looked down, hoping James hadn’t seen this.

“So, what do you want to be when you leave Hogwarts?” Lily asked.

“An Auror. I just have always wanted to fight evil witches and wizards.” Lily noticed that James had a very serious look on his face.

“That’s cool. I want to be a Healer at St. Mungo’s. I’ve always wanted to help heal the sick,” Lily replied, almost upset at how slowly this is going.

“I know. I know almost everything about you. You’re a very interesting person,” James said.

Lily tensed up. This was the opportunity she had been waiting for. She got so close to James that she could feel his breath on her face. “So are you,” she breathed. Lily’s palms were sweaty.

James stared right into Lily’s bright green eyes. Should I kiss her? She is openly flirting with me. Is she testing me? Merlin I hope not. I have two options. I can do nothing or kiss her now. Before James had time to change his mind, he captured her lips into his. It wasn’t like anything he had every felt. Warm rushed through his body. James felt as if he could have stood there, kissing Lily forever. However, with the need for oxygen, James and Lily had to break apart. Lily’s green eyes were looking into James’ again.

“Wow. That was,” Lily paused, searching for the right word, “extraordinary.”

James didn’t know what to say. All he could do was kiss Lily again. The warmth washed through his body again. James pulled Lily close into him.

When they finally broke apart, the warmth that had filled Lily’s body left. It was only then that she realized that she was cold. James noticed her shivering.

“Would you like to borrow my cloak?” He offered.

Lily was about to accept when she had a better idea. She moved around so that she was sharing James’ cloak with him.

“Much better idea, Lily,” James said, grinning slyly.

“Thanks,” Lily said, before she began to kiss James again.

James was in the middle of kissing Lily when a thought struck him. He broke apart from Lily so he could ask, “What suddenly made you begin to fancy me? You always seemed to hate me until now. Why the sudden change of heart?”

Lily tensed up. Why hadn’t she anticipated this question? “Uh…well, I really am not sure. At first I guess I thought you were just good looking and were good at Quidditch, with nothing else. I didn’t think you were good boyfriend material, when I was working on my studies. I guess, when we became Head Boy and Head Girl, I saw a side of you that I had never seen before. I saw that you were…” Lily searched for the right word, ”Compassionate. Nice. Understanding. Caring. A good person in general.”

James just stared blankly at Lily for a moment. Then, in one motion, he pulled himself close to her and began to passionately kiss her. It felt like it lasted forever. “So,” James whispered, pulling away “you thought I was good looking?”




Authors Notes: Okay, so what did you think? I thought that ending where I did was a good place. What did you think about that? I have been working on this for a while. I wanted to say a few things before I left you guys.

-The classes that I named for James being an Auror are the actual classes that you would take to become an Auror. I checked the chapter called “Career Advice” in Order of the Phoenix and the breakfast in Half Blood Prince in which they received their schedules to find them.
-The careers were just my take on things.
-Frank and Alice being good at Herbology was because Neville being good at Herbology.
-Lily wanting to be a Healer has a story behind it. As shown in Harry Potter and the Legend of Infinity by peskypetunia [one of my favorites---you should read it!] there are many similarities between Lily and Ginny. I have read in many fan fictions that Ginny wants to become a Healer. Whether or not this is canon, I would be ecstatic if someone could tell me. I have been wondering for a while.
-Lily actually was part of the Slug Club. And she really does have a knack for potions, as shown in Half Blood Prince. And her wand is good for charms [supposedly] as shown in Sorcerers Stone, the scene in Ollivanders.

I just wanted to leave you with that before I departed. And please, SOMEONE tell me about the Ginny Healer thing being canon.













This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=63206