Come Back to Me by Ella Norman
Summary: A compilation of songs that I've written stories to. It should have a few more chapters shortly. The first: By firelight, she sat alone. There was nothing left for her to think or to say. He was gone, and he could not come back. He would not come back. He had always said their love would span the ages. No more. A little bit of angst. Please R&R.
Categories: Ron/Hermione Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 5 Completed: Yes Word count: 6119 Read: 14626 Published: 12/14/04 Updated: 05/04/05

1. I Don't Miss You at All by Ella Norman

2. The Sleepless Nights by Ella Norman

3. Just the Season by Ella Norman

4. I'll Be Your Baby Tonight by Ella Norman

5. In Your Eyes by Ella Norman

I Don't Miss You at All by Ella Norman
As I sit and watch the snow fallin’ down,
I don’t miss you at all.


Christmas eve. She was alone. It wasn’t him that she missed, it wasn’t. True enough, she had loved him, but she didn’t any more. Not anymore. She couldn’t afford to.

The fire crackled merrily in front of her. Merrily. Nothing was merry anymore. But it wasn’t because of him. He wasn’t the reason. She blindly drew her legs up to her chest and rested her chin on them, the way she had the first time he had come to sit beside her. No, she wouldn’t reminisce. The memories were too painful.

I hear children playing, laughing so loud,
I don’t think of your smile.


She could remember the days before the Dark Lord had reclaimed his power. He was gone now, but not without cost. The snowflakes had been drifting down. He had smiled at her so, his azure jewels which were to her more precious than gold, and she had felt a feeling that had not revisited her since that night.

It wasn’t true. She liked to think that he had died in the Great Battle. She liked to think that he was gone forever “ not with someone else. He hadn’t ever left her “ he had been taken from her. He wasn’t somewhere in Scotts with another woman, living happily without her. He was dead. Gone. Forever.

But she knew he wasn’t. She knew he was with another somewhere else ” where did not matter, only that he was not here with her.

But she didn’t miss him. Not at all.

So if you never come to me,
you’ll stay a distant memory.


That’s what he was. A memory. She didn’t need him to be here for her to move on. She would fight through life without him, even if it killed her. She would do it, live life alone, just to prove him wrong. He had told her so many times that she would die without him, but that wasn’t true. She didn’t need him.

Again, a lie. She wanted to think that she didn’t need him, but she did. Her body remembered the night that they had lain here on this very couch, staring into each other’s eyes until dawn, basking in the glory of one another’s presence.

How could he have been feigning emotion? How? She had always thought that he meant every word of what he had whispered to her that night. How he would always stay by her side, how he would always keep her near.

Be he hadn’t. He had gone, and she was left here.

Out my window I see lights goin’ down,
your dark eyes don’t haunt me.


The snowflakes still floated down outside her window. She had never pretended. She didn’t love him anymore, she told herself, but she did. She didn’t care about his bright eyes staring into hers that December night so many years ago. They had been young and in love, but love was a dream, love was nothing. Love was an illusion; she had known that for years.

And then I wonder who I am,
without the warm touch of your hand?


But who was she without him? What did she have to live for now that he was gone? He loved someone else. He hadn’t died loving her. His spirit didn’t live on with her. He had departed from her entirely. He was here, but he was gone.

And then I wonder who I am
without the warm touch of your hand?


But who was she without him? What did she have to turn to now that he was gone? By this very fireside she had seen his love flaming that the fire that kept her warm, she had seen it. She had heard him say he loved her. She had heard him say he wanted to stay by her side forever. She had heard it.

But she didn’t miss him. Not at all.

As I sit and watch the snow falling down,
I don’t miss you at all.


Not at all. He didn’t matter anymore. Insignificant, yet so important. Unworthy, yet so essential. What was left? He had always said their love would span the ages. What now?

I don’t miss you at all.

I won’t miss you at all. I won’t do it. There’s not any reason left. I have nothing.

I don’t miss you.

I won’t miss you ... I won’t think about you anymore ...

At all.

It was silent around the fireside. She was the last one left. Outside the window, the snowflakes fell persistently down around her window. She watched them, so unaffected by her tortured thoughts, the thoughts that overwhelmed her.

Why she you hold onto him anymore? He was gone. Out of her life forever. There was nothing left for her. He loved another, and that should have been enough for her. After all, Luna had saved his life in the Last Battle. She had saved him, if unintentionally.

And before that, they had been in love. Where had the love gone, the love that was with them every second of the day, the love that had bound them to one another for what seemed forever? And where was the love that had united them this very night four years ago?

He had lost it. Luna had saved him, and Hermione had not. If she had been given the chance to show him how much she loved him, she would have taken Death for him. She could not bear to live without him.

But he had not loved her. In that phrase, lay the key to the rest of her existence. She would live on without his love. She had to, just to prove him wrong.

And silently, without a soul knowing, in the small hours of the morning, she gave up her thoughts of him. No one knew it. She was alone, nobody cared, and Ron certainly didn’t. She didn’t care that he didn’t care “ he was thoroughly insignificant.

She wished.

She willed herself to throw it in. It was the last remnant of him that she had, and she had treasured it every moment of her existence.

Not anymore. She was finished.

The edges of the photograph curled in the flames. He smiled out at her, lovingly, while the flames licked the edges of the lake that lay serenely behind him. She cried to see the loss of such a beautiful thing. She loved him. She needed him. No more.

Silently, in the dead of night, a tear rolled down her cheek, and with it she shed every thought of him. She didn’t need him anymore ... She didn’t miss him.

I don’t miss you ... at all.

*****
Norah Jones "I Don't Miss You At All"
The Sleepless Nights by Ella Norman
Through the sleepless nights I cry for you
And wonder who
Is kissing you.

It was true; Hermione still cried herself to sleep over him. He had left her over four years ago, but gaping chasm he had left in her heart had never been filled ” he had wounded her permanently, so much that she never dared to love again. It was hard and hurtful love, but the best that she had ever known. She cried herself to sleep nightly, wondering where he was now, who he was with, if he had settled down with anyone else. These were the questions that she pondered endlessly, through the sleepless nights.

To whom did she owe these sleepless nights? Who had stolen her Ron away from her? Who had taken him away from her? They had been so happy together for so many years. What happened? Who had come along who was more beautiful than she?

Many people could have come along. Anybody, really. Since Ron had left, her confidence had been shattered, and her self esteem was gone. She thought nothing of herself, for she was nothing without her Ron, nothing without the man who had torn her heart. She cried for him every second of her existence and loved him for even more.

Oh, these sleepless nights will break my heart in two.

She was past denying that she loved him. She wanted to let him go, but in letting him go, she had opened a wound. Every night as she cried herself to sleep, as she cried for her Ron who had left, she poured salt on the wound that seemed perpetually fresh.

The sleepless nights had brought her pain that a thousand words could not express. What Ron had taken from her when she left was more than words could say; it was more than she could give. Ron was not a part of her, he was all of her. There was nothing in her that did not rely on his presence and their mutual love.

When he had left, he had taken everything with him. Even now, she could feel the familiar pangs of hurt and broken love twisting in the palm of his hand.

Somehow through the days I don’t give in.
I hide the tears
That wait within.

It was an ongoing effort to hide the pain that she felt. She still knew Harry very well, and Ginny even, hated her brother for what he had done to her best friend. “She trusted you!” she had said when Ron left, hand-in-hand, with that buxom blonde who had stolen every hope left in her body. But even Ginny did not know the pain that she still harbored.

Ginny did not know how Hermione cried herself to sleep every night. She did not cry for herself, but for the man that she had lost. She prayed every night that he would remember her fondly, if not in the way that she had seen them always. All the sleepless nights were unbearable. They tore at her soul like a knife, tearing her heart in two from hiding the tears that longed to fall from her eyes every second of every day.

Somehow, she managed to keep the tears behind her eyes, to turn the prominent despair into mild exhaustion. When the hurt became unbearable, she would retreat into her home, her fortress of solitude, and cry the night away.

Oh, but then through sleepless nights, I cry again.

When her tears were exhausted she would fall asleep, only to awake and remember her state of loneliness and solitude.

Why did you go?
Why did you go?

Even though she had pondered it for years and years, the questions still remained. Why did he go? Why did he leave her? What was so special about the other? What had she done wrong? He had left her and taken with him everything that was her livelihood and her love. He was her love, and apart from him, there was nothing left for her.

Don’t you know, don’t you know, I need you?

But he already knew that, didn’t he? He had left knowing that his actions would render her alone, terrified, and totally helpless. She was attached to him; her actions had shown it clearly. If he knew, as he surely did, why did he leave her? He knew she depended on his presence, and he was not there. He knew she needed him.

I keep hoping you’ll come back to me.
Oh, let me be,
Please let me be.

Why wouldn’t these thoughts leave her alone? It had been four years since he had left with the other, and yet the sleepless nights still chased her. Tears still followed her sleeping patterns with the accuracy of a hawk. The hope that he had brought would not leave her alone. “Leave me be!” she sobbed, tears falling down her face, so many times at night. “Leave me be! Please!”

She knew she was being stupid with her thoughts of restitution. He would never come back. She was a big girl now, and she should have been able to come to terms with that, but she never had, and never would, it seemed.

Oh, my love, please end these sleepless nights for me.

Ron tantalized her still from afar. He did not think of her at all but to remember one who had disappointed him. He did not know the value of what he had left, but thought only of the present. She knew these things, she knew she should be able to sleep at night, but she couldn’t. Ron would not release her.

Why did you go?
Why did you go?
Don’t you know, don’t you know, I need you?


She wept because he knew she needed him, but would not leave her alone. He would not leave her life. He was the center of her universe, and when he left she fell apart.

I keep hoping you’ll come back to me.

Even after all these years, she held onto the hope he had left her with. “I love Luna,” he had said. “She saved me. You never did that.” Perhaps, she had thought, perhaps if he did not love Luna, would he love her? It was a faint hope, but a hope still. If Hermione saved him, would he love her?

The thought was unbearable: Luna, kissing Ron under the mistletoe, somewhere else. Ron, kissing lips that were not her own. She remembered his soft kiss. She remembered the way that he had wrapped his arms around her and held her close in front of the fire.

Oh, let it be, please, let it be.

These thoughts only added to the longing in her eyes, the want that she had for her Ronald, not Luna’s Ronald. Come back to me, darling. Come back.

Oh, my love, please end these sleepless nights, for me.

Come back, and end these sleepless nights. Please Ronald, for me?

Oh, my love, please end these sleepless nights, for me.

Come back, please! End these sleepless nights! Don’t make me stay here alone!

Oh, my love, please end these sleepless nights, for me.
Just the Season by Ella Norman
The summer days are gone too soon.
You shoot the moon,
And miss completely.

Ron knew that was exactly what he had done. In those years, he had been young and stupid ” nineteen for heaven’s sake! He was older now, four years older, and he knew what he had thrown away.

It was unlikely, he thought, that she even remembered his name now, through these four years. He was sure that he had wounded her, but the girl he remembered was strong and ambitious ” surely she did not cry herself to sleep at night over such an invalid as he. For surely, nothing such as young love would have stopped the beautiful soul that he had known.

For hers was a beautiful soul. He had shot an arrow through her heart the day that he left, but he did not know it. He had captured her heart, and the summer days in which their love had blossomed had past too quickly for anyone’s good.

And now you're left to face the gloom
Of the empty room that once smelled sweetly.

Now all he had left was the memory of her. Luna had saved his life, true, but Hermione was the one who loved him, the one who brought him joy and happiness, the one who would have gladly given her own life for him, if only he would love her.

He hadn’t loved her, and it brought him to the edge of tears to know that. He had gone with Luna instead, but Luna was not Hermione. Hermione was perfect in every way, and he had let that go. He still remembered her sweet smell; he remembered her soft, wavy tresses; and he remembered every soft kiss they had shared in the moonlight.

All that was gone. All he had left was the memory of her, which lingered about him day and night. Remorse was not enough to express what he felt in his thoughts of her, but gloom came close. Gloom, which had no end. He needed to talk to her and see her again. He wanted to go back to the way it was. He had never loved Luna, but that was what Hermione thought. He still remembered the look on her face when he had rejected her: She was with him always. That was the look that drove him back to her. The look that motivated his every movement toward Hermione.

Of all the flowers you plucked if only
You knew the reason
Why you had to each be lonely.

When he had left with Luna, she was one of many hearts he had broken, one of many girls who did not want to see him go. He was ashamed of it, and did not want to think about such awful things. Hermione, alone, crying herself to sleep. He wished that she still wanted him, but it was unlikely. He no longer knew why he had left her in the first place: They were so happy together, young and in love. Why did he leave her and make her lonely? Now he was alone, and he wished for her every second of the day.

Was it just the season?

It was just the season. They had been together for a year, solid and strong. Love had abounded, but something had told him that wasn’t enough. It wasn’t change that had broken them, for if he had been less stupid, they would have withstood, and they would have been married now, perhaps with children, but his stupidity had prevented this from happening. He had gotten tired of her momentarily, and had left in that moment.

Now the fall is here again.
You can't begin to give in.
It's all over.

It had begun in the fall. Nothing special had sparked it, but both knew that it was their moment ” they loved each other and that was all that mattered. Now the fall had come back again, and he missed her, five years after he had ended their relationship. It was one to span the ages.

He couldn’t just go back to her. He had wounded her deeply, and she was probably with somebody else now. He couldn’t think of her without tears threatening to find their way out of his eyes and onto the desk in front of him. He couldn’t begin to tell her how much she meant to him. It was all over. There was nothing left to say.

When the snows come rolling through,
You're rolling too, with some new lover.

It had been that way with the two of them. They had been together for a year, and then in one moment it all changed. Hermione still loved him, but he had been with somebody else. It was his fault that this had happened, and nobody could tell him otherwise. He placed the blame on himself alone.

But Luna had done this to them! She had created this unwanted force! What of Hermione, whose happiness had been bargained for temporary pleasure? What of her? No, it was not Luna’s fault . . . it was Ron’s, and Ron’s alone.

Will you think of times you've told me
That you knew the reason
Why we had to each be lonely?
It was just the season.

He knew that it had dumbfounded and perplexed her when he had told her why he was leaving. “Luna saved me,” he had remarked, in an offhand fashion, of all things! He thought every second of her expression when he had told her. They each had to be lonely because of his stupidity. She would be lonely for him, and he for her.

It had just been a whim, his own fancy that had spared Luna, too. Perhaps he enjoyed her company occasionally, but that was nothing to Hermione. Together, they had stared into each other’s eyes and could have for years and years, never getting tired of one another’s presence, growing old together, if only he had valued her.

Of all the flowers you plucked if only
You knew the reason
Why you had to each be lonely.
Was it just the season?

He regretted with every fiber of his being letting her go, casting her to one side as he would a flower plucked in spring. The day he had left, she had been one of many flowers, but now that winter had come, she was the one and only flower that would live through the winter, that would weather the storm with him. She was strong enough to stay.

And how he loved her! How he regretted letting her go!

Wait for me, Hermione, I’m coming back for you. Don’t forget me yet.

Was it just the season?

Don’t leave . . . I still love you.

Just the season.
I'll Be Your Baby Tonight by Ella Norman
The fire burned on in the hearth in her apartment. Hermione had cried many a night away waiting for Ron to come home.

He knew she had forgotten him years ago, but he had to tell her one last thing, before he left. He had to tell her he loved her. He was coming back for her, if she’d have him.

She sat in front of the fire, staring into it like so she had done so many nights before. There was a note crumpled in her fist and tears shone in her eyes. There came a knock at the door. For a moment, her heart leapt. Perhaps, perhaps after all these years he was coming back for her. But no, he couldn’t. He didn’t love her anymore.

Two pinpricks of sapphire stared out at her from behind the door. She stared at him, unable to believe what she saw in front of her. He was here. He had come back. After all these years.

Ron stared at her. She was more beautiful than ever. At that moment, nothing could have drawn his attention away from the girl ” the woman ” that he loved. Whether another stood in the background, he would show her how much he missed her.

They locked eyes and felt that wave of happiness and comfort that they had known so well so many years ago. All they had was each other, and that was enough. Shakily, without thinking, “Ron?” said Hermione, tears quivering in her honeyed eyes. “You’re here?”

“I’m not going anywhere,” he said. “I miss you.”

Close your eyes, close the door,
You don’t have to worry anymore.

Slowly, he unclenched his fist and rested his hand on her cheek. They stared into each other’s eyes for a moment, and then both broke down. Hermione’s tears spilled onto her face as their lips met for the first time in four years. She could feel the years of feeling he had deprived her of flooding back into her being. All in a single kiss, they forgave the grievous debts which were owed to one another.

The kiss broke, and Hermione stared into his eyes. She took his hand and pulled him into the apartment, her eyes now shining with happiness for the first time in years. She did not care that he had left her alone and crying for so many years. He was sorry, she loved him, and they were together once again. She shut the door and kissed him again, her tears coming once more.

Cause I’ll be your baby tonight.

He said it, but she knew without his words. “Mione, I’m not going anywhere.” He would stay. He would love forever, and would not leave. Of this, she was confident. Like they had so many times before they sank onto the couch together and sat there, staring into one another’s eyes at a loss for words. “He’s home,” she thought. “He’s finally come home.”

Ron could think of nothing but the woman who sat so near to him. His body remembered the way Hermione’s hand rested on his chest, and their lips met once again. “She’s not forgotten me,” he thought over and over again. “I can’t believe it.”

Shut the lights, and shut the shade
You don’t have to be afraid.

Hermione slowly got up off Ron’s lap and drew the curtains. They had been open for the last four years, hoping that he would come home and she would be the first to welcome him. She turned down the lights, so that all that was left was the firelight and the light of the moon. This was their time, and nothing would intrude.

Cause I’ll be your baby tonight.

Nothing would intrude. This was their moment, their time. She felt young again, like when they had they had been young and in love. She loved him even more now, and the tears had not stopped coming.

Well, that mockingbird is going to sing,
And we’re gonna forget it.

In the background slow, mournful music played, but they could not hear it. To them it was soft and slow, perfect for the dance their hearts pounded out in their chests. They forgot the mournful music behind them and smiled and kissed by the light of the fire.

“Mione, I love you,” he said slowly. “I’m sorry I left.” “Oh, Ron,” she said in reply, “there is nothing to forgive.” They loved each other, and no apology was needed. They were in love.

That big, fat moon is gonna shine like a spoon,
We’re gonna let it. You won’t regret it.

The moon shone outside, but they were inside, remembering what they used to do in the old days before the hard times. When they were young and unworried. When their passion was unmatched by any.


Kick your shoes off and don’t you fear.
Bring that bottle over here.

“You’ll stay, of course,” said Hermione, smiling and speaking into his shoulder where she had come to rest. Ron reached out to his left and grabbed the conveniently placed bottle of wine on the table. He uncorked it and poured it into the glasses, and they remembered the olden days when this had happened every night, and they would sit for hours in each other’s company.

Cause I’ll be your baby tonight.

They were there for each other. He would leave this time. She hadn’t forgotten him, not even after all these years of waiting. They were young again and in love. This was their night.

Well, that mockingbird is gonna sing,
And we’re gonna forget it.
That big fat moon is gonna shine like a spoon.
We’re gonna let it. We won’t regret it.

They knew nothing outside of each other and the love they had for one another. Ron’s lips were the world to her, and he swore he could see the universe in her eyes. There was nothing outside of the room, they swore, and they were content for it to remain that way.

Kick your shoes off and don’t you fear.
Bring that bottle over.
Cause I’ll be your baby tonight.

They sat by the fireside, slowly bringing the old days back to life. “I remember this,” she whispered. “We used to sit here for hours. I love you, Ronald.”

He knew she needed no answer. A sweet kiss was enough to satisfy the well of longing that had sprung up in her heart over the years. Oh, Merlin, his lips were warm and sweet. Don’t let this night end. I love him too much.

Cause I’ll be your baby tonight.

She’d be his baby tonight. She hadn’t forgotten him after all.

Cause I’ll be your baby tonight.

He’s perfect. I knew he would come back for me. Tears stung her eyes. Thank you, Ron, thank you.

Cause I’ll be your baby tonight.
In Your Eyes by Ella Norman
I wanna find out where the moon goes,
When it leaves the western sky.

Something about the early morning sky had always enchanted her. The iron grey clouds were just visible through the half-drawn curtains, and just along the horizon a rim of pink was peeking out from its hiding place of the night. We had fallen asleep together on the couch the night before after a night of whispering quiet words of worship in one another’s ears and remembering the golden years when we were young.

The moon still shone like a silver orb, hanging just over the horizon in the early morning sky. Her world was complete, and everything was perfect. Her Ronald was back home, and she wanted nothing more than that. All she wanted was to love and be loved in return.

And that dissolves again til morning
When azure turns to gold.
Azure turns to gold.

Now the pinks were dissolving into brighter shades of gold like bubbling champagne in the glasses they had raised to one another the night before. Those had been reflected in his eyes and she had thought it wonderful, but it was nothing to the azure wonder that lay in his eyes now. She loved him, and he loved her, and nothing more was necessary for her complete and total happiness.

He was stirring now. As his eyes fluttered open, their azure infinity caught some of the golden sunrise. “Good morning,” she murmured, a soft kiss falling to his lips, where it was met with a genuine smile. A genuine smile, the first one in years from him, and the first one she had known in her lifetime. She loved. Oh, how she loved him.

Gonna sleep with one eye open.
Gonna keep the shades half-drawn.

She rose from her abode on his chest and walked to the window. The full light of the rising sun fell upon her and he smiled to see her beauty. This was the woman he remembered ” the one that he loved. The gold of the early morning light was reflected in her amber eyes and kissed her glowing skin. Her hair was not bushy now, he noticed, but it fell in soft ringlets around her face. Oh, how he wished that they could stay like this forever.

She drew the shades so less light fell upon her and glided toward the western window where the iron-grey sky still reigned. There, the moon hung like a tribute to the newfound love between them. It was reflected in her eyes. Oh, if only they could see them now. Surely, this is how it should be. This was true beauty defined.

Nearly silent, dressed in shadows,
Lines and colors fall.
Lines and colors fall.

She drew the western shades and the light of the moon fell to her feet. The lines of pink and orange fell upon her from the east, creating an angelic glow around her golden face. Ron was left speechless by the angel before him. She laughed and turned to look at her with a smile on her face, a true smile, the first from her in what seemed like centuries. The smile was in her eyes and all over her body, reflected in the aura that followed her.

Ron noticed for the first time the ethereal glow that the play of light and color, coupled with the white nightgown that she wore, created around the soft and beautiful figure of Hermione Granger, the girl ” nay, the woman ” that he thought he knew so well. She seemed clothed in shadows, surrounded by the aura of light that was her beauty.

Gonna watch her through the window,
Just as I watched you before.

Ron did not have to touch her, he did not have to smell her, he did not have to taste her. He was content to hear the laughter of angels falling like bells around him. He no longer remembered that he had left her, if only he could behold the vision of light that stood so radiant before him.

What could have ever separated them? In an early morning such as this, meanings were irrelevant. Only that they were here together at last ” that was all. He was content to watch the angel that stood before him. He had watched her before in the former years, but never like this. She had been a girl before, but this woman he felt he barely knew. Yet, he knew her better than any he had ever known before.

A smile knows but just won’t tell me.
I just watch her go.
I just watch her go.

The smile that rested so confidently on her lips was reflected in her eyes and seemed to shake her whole body with the wonderful force of it. The first genuine smile in years from her, and it was directed at him. He felt so blessed to be in her presence, and the smile on her face flew to him and curved his lips upward in a grin typical of the Ronald that she once knew.

The smile on her face suggested that she knew all along that he would come back, and he could scarcely believe that he had remained in her mind for the four years in which he had betrayed her. In his eyes were the love that had flowed out of her into his mind. She loved him more than he could ever know, and that was all right. He loved her with a fire more passionate than ever before, and yet he was content to watch. She laughed again and began to move toward him slowly, almost as if she was floating.

Now I know just where the moon goes,
When it leaves the western sky.

Surely this was the true meaning of happiness. Surely there was nothing on the earth but Hermione and her radiant glory. He knew what happiness was, and she was back. He had come back to her after so many years of waiting and wondering. Courage was what it had taken for them both to be happy, and she was happy with him here. Oh, Merlin, she was happy, and so was he.

And that dissolves again til morning,
The moon is in your eyes.
The moon is in your eyes.

He rose from his place of resting to meet her. A wider smile than before dawned over her face as the light of the sun fell on her face. The fire had crackled down to a nothingness, the shades were half-drawn, but in her eyes sparkled the light of the moon.

Ron took a bold step and slid his hand onto the waist of her silken nightgown. Their hands met in midair, right where they should have met. The sad, mournful tune on the record player had stopped during the night, and now they danced to the slow tune that played in their minds. Looking into each other’s eyes and smiling true smiles they passed away the hours of the early morning.

“Oh, Ron,” she gasped after a few moments. Her eyes sparkled with pleasure. Oh, Merlin, he loved her. He loved her. “The moon! It’s in your eyes.”

The moon is in your eyes.

He was more than certain that she did not see the moon in his eyes, but the shining orb of light and of love that she had created in his heart. Nothing, he was certain, would ever take her away from him again. Ever. They would be together forever, no matter what. But these ” these were thoughts for other days, other times, other lives, for now they were dancing, the sun was rising, and the moon was in her eyes.

The moon is in your eyes.

******
Based on "The Moon Song" by Norah Jones

A/N -- Yay it's finally finished! Thanks to all of you who read this faithfully through to the end. I love you all, and hope you'll read some of my other stories.
Thank you,
~Ella