True Love Never Dies by roXtar
Summary: One - shot songfic set to "My Heart Will Go On" by Celine Dion. Summer after HBP. About why love can't be ignored. This is my first fic so please review!
Categories: Harry/Ginny Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1007 Read: 2026 Published: 02/14/07 Updated: 02/23/07

1. True Love Never Dies by roXtar

True Love Never Dies by roXtar
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer: Characters belong to JKR. Lyrics are Celine Dion's "My Heart Will Go On"
Hi everyone! This is my first fic so please review! If you've read my bio, Im weaselchick. Hi. If you haven't, you can go read it. Then you'll understand. And hi.
Enjoy!


The only light in the room came from the moonlight peeping through the curtains of the window. Ginny paced back and forth. It was her birthday, but she didn't care. She was worried. On July thirty first, Harry had left his aunt and uncle's house, and no one had heard from him since. Everyone was searching for him, but Ginny knew if he didn't want to be found, he wouldn't. Everyone else thought he was in trouble, but Ginny knew he wasn't. She could feel it. She only wondered why he hadn't let them know where he was.

Every night in my dreams
I see you I feel you
That is how I know you go on


She missed him. He had to be a stupid noble prat and break up with her. It was eating her inside. She knew he was trying to protect her, but he needed her. And Ginny needed him.

There was a tap on the window. Ginny turned and saw a snowy white owl sitting calmly on her window sill. Hedwig! She ran to the window and let the owl in. She untied the letter attached to Hedwig's leg.

Far across the distance
And spaces between us
You have come to show you go on


Ginny opened the letter. It was Harry's handwriting! She lit a candle and began to read. It was hard to make out because the ink was smudged in places by curious water marks.

Dear Ginny,
I know you're probably mad at me for more than one reason. I'm sorry I ran off without letting anyone know, but I needed time to think. I'm sorry I've worried you and you're family, but I'll be back soon. Of all the things that I've been thinking about, you've been on my mind the most. I know I hurt you by those things I said by...his funeral. But I thought I was doing the right thing, and I know that you knew that the separation isn't because I want to, but because I have to.


Ginny's heart warmed. She knew deep down inside that Harry still cared for her, yet she couldn't be completely sure. After all, he had dumped her! But now she had proof.

Near, far, wherever you are
I believe that the heart does go on
Once more you open the door
And you're here in my heart
And my heart will go on and on


She didn't care what happened. She would wait as long as needed for Harry to come back to her. And that's when she knew she was in love.

Love can touch us one time
And last for a lifetime
And never let go till we're gone


Walking back over to the window, Ginny stared out into the starry sky, remembering the wonderful yet brief time she’d had with Harry. He’d said he wished he’d realized what she meant to him earlier, and they could have had so much more time together. But Ginny wouldn’t have wanted it any other way. Their first kiss right after they’d won the Quidditch cup; their walks in the grounds; just sitting by the fire in the common room, enjoying each other’s presence. Those were the things that had sustained her for the past two months. It was enough to keep his light burning in her; enough to make her wish for more. In her heart they were together.

Love was when I loved you
One true time I hold to
In my life we'll always go on


Ginny looked back down at Harry's letter.

I really thought I was doing the right thing, Gin. I was so sure. Yet now I'm not anymore. You make me a better person, you make me want to live. I love you.

There were tears in Ginny's eyes.

Near, far, wherever you are
I believe that the heart does go on
Once more you open the door
And you're here in my heart
And my heart will go on and on


Ginny flung herself onto her bed and sobbed into her pillow. If love was so wonderful, why did it hurt so much? She needed him with her. And she knew he must feel the same way. He had tried to fight it, like she had, all summer. Yet it seemed, like her, that he could not make the feelings it disappear.

There is some love that will not go away

Once again, Ginny looked down at the letter stained by tears new and old.

Wait for me, please. I was stupid. I can't go on without you anymore. No matter what happens, I need you with me. Without you I'm nothing. Ginny, you are my savior. I'm coming to you.

There was a pop on the landing outside Ginny's room. There were footsteps, then a knock. Ginny got up and slowly walked towards the door, daring to hope that she would see the one person she wished it would be. Slowly, she pulled it open.

There stood Harry, looking as thought he had traveled a thousand miles through wind and rain. He walked in and shut the door. The bag on his back fell to the floor as he gazed at Ginny. Then Ginny threw her arms around him and kissed him as though she had waited for him her whole life. They broke apart. Ginny hugged Harry close, burying her face into his chest. Then she looked up at him, tears in her eyes.

"I love you, Harry."

There were tears in Harry's eyes too. He gently grasped her chin and gazed into her eyes.

"I love you, Ginny. No matter what happens, my heart is yours."

And Ginny knew that everything would be all right, for although love may be a harrowing experience, true love never dies.

You're here there's nothing I fear
And I know that my heart will go on
We'll stay forever this way
You are safe in my heart
And my heart will go on and on


This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=63988