Harry Potter...Housewife? by AurorGirl101
Summary: The War has been over for five years, and life is happy. When Harry and Ginny Potter find out they are going to be parents for the first time, they have no idea what to do.

But when an incident occurs, Ginny is ordered to be on bed-rest for the rest of her pregnancy. Humor ensues as Ginny tries to direct Harry through the daily duties as a housewife.


AurorGirl101 has left Mugglenet Fanfiction. Please see my author page for more info.
Categories: Post-Hogwarts Characters: None
Warnings: Book 7 Disregarded
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 11 Completed: No Word count: 14716 Read: 51227 Published: 02/15/07 Updated: 09/27/07

1. Prologue-Morning Sickness by AurorGirl101

2. Morning Sickness part II by AurorGirl101

3. Breaking the News by AurorGirl101

4. Life Must Go On, No Matter What by AurorGirl101

5. " I need a drink..." by AurorGirl101

6. Master Dust Buster by AurorGirl101

7. Already Fighting by AurorGirl101

8. "How Will I Survive This?" by AurorGirl101

9. Overview (months 5-8) by AurorGirl101

10. The Ninth Month by AurorGirl101

11. Doubts by AurorGirl101

Prologue-Morning Sickness by AurorGirl101
Author's Notes:
A warning: This story does not start out funny. It has a very serious and sensitive begining. You have been warned!

JKR owns Harry Potter, I do not. I would like to thank my beta for this, Winged Artemis!! Awesome job, Hannah!!!
Harry Potter....Housewife?


Harry Potter awoke to the sound of the toilet flushing that morning. He groaned and turned to the alarm clock on his night table. 7:30. He sat up and ran his hands through his hair, and decided to investigate after seeing his wife was not in bed with him.

She's never up before eight, he thought opening the bathroom door to his wife of two years hugging her knees by the toilet.

"Gin? What's up?" he said, crouching next to her.

"I got sick," she said.

"Did you eat something?" Harry asked, feeling her forehead.

"No, I was like this yesterday, while I was shopping with Mum, and the day before that, but it was after you had left for work. But I took some Porcupine Quill potion, and it went away." Ginny said. Suddenly, a flash of fear crossed her eyes, and she jumped up and rushed to the kitchen. Harry had fallen off his heels, and landed on his bum. After a few seconds, he heard Ginny scream. He rushed in the kitchen to find her standing in front of their calendar, hands covering her mouth.

Harry looked at the calendar, too, wondering if there had been something. And then it hit him.

"Harry, I think we're gonna have... a baby," Ginny said.

"Us? Parents?!" Harry exclaimed, clearly more excited than Ginny.

"I've waited all my life for this, and here it is and I don't know what to do," she said. Her eyes filled with tears.

Harry's arms enveloped her in a warm and comforting hug. "It's okay, Ginny. I don't know what to do either," he kissed the top of her head.

"We'll go see your mum. She'll know what to do," Harry said, grabbing his wife's hand and leading her to the fireplace.

"The Burrow!"


~~~~



"Mum?" Ginny called, stepping out of the fireplace and called into the empty Burrow.

"Maybe they're outside?" Harry offered.

Just as they made their way to the back door, it swung open. Mrs. Weasley's face appeared. She dropped her basket of vegetables.

"Ahhh! Ginny! Harry!" She screamed and hugged them both fiercely.

"Hello, Molly, how are you?" Harry greeted.

"Fine, fine. How about you two?" she asked. She pulled out her wand and waved them at the vegetables that had fallen on the floor. They flew up in the air, and drifted across the room and into the sink.

"Well, we're fine. But we need to talk to you," Harry said, taking a seat at the table.

"Yeah, Mum. It's kinda a long story, and I could really use some tea," Ginny said, wilting into a seat.

Mrs. Weasley set the kettle onto the stove, got out some teacups, and the fixings, she set them on the table.

"So, what do you need to tell me?" she smiled.

"Well, remember I got sick while we were shopping the other day?" Ginny began tentatively.

"Mhmm," was all Mrs. Weasley said, nodding her head slightly.

"And do you remember how I needed a bigger size of clothes?" Ginny paused and drew a breath. She felt Harry's hand close around hers. "Well, when I got sick this morning, I figured out why. Mum, I... I'm-"

Ginny was interrupted by the whistling tea pot. While pouring their tea, Mrs. Weasley reinstated the conversation.

"So, when do you want to have the party?" she smiled, stirring her tea.

"For?" Ginny asked.

"The baby!" Mrs. Weasley exclaimed, jumping up to hug Harry and Ginny.

"How did you know?!" Ginny smiled.

Mrs. Weasley smiled. "Ginny, darling, I had seven children, I know the signs." She added, "I just wanted to let you tell me first."

"Well, we haven't been to the Healer yet, but I'm almost sure. We came to see you for a reason," Ginny said. She was on the verge of tears when she felt Harry's hand close tighter around hers. "I don't know what to do!"

"Come with me," Mrs. Weasley said, leading them into the sitting room. She stopped in front of the bookcase, and tapped her finger on her chin, while her eyes searched the books.

"Ah-ha! Just what you need!" she said, pulling two books down from the case.

"What We Do When Expecting, and First Time Pregnancies For Witches," she handed the books to Ginny and then turned back to the bookcase. After another few moments, and another "ah-ha!" She pulled out a book and handed it to Harry.

"The First Time Father. Arthur read it when I first found out I was pregnant." She smiled, patting Harry on the shoulder.

"Thanks, Molly," Harry said, following her into the kitchen.

"Mum, what do I do now?" Ginny asked.

"Go home, and owl St. Mungo's for an appointment with a Healer. Then go, and owl me with the news," Mrs. Weasley explained calmly.

"Please keep this quiet, I don't want anyone knowing yet - that is, until we're sure I am pregnant and healthy," Ginny begged her mother.

"I won't, I promise. Alright, hugs! And off you go!" Molly Weasley smiled, pulling them both into another tight embrace.

Engulfed in a green flame, the couple made their way back to their home.



A/N: Well? Be honest! I hope you enjoy this! I want to let you know again, the next two chapters are very sensitive! Please review! Thanks to my beta, Winged Artemis
Morning Sickness part II by AurorGirl101
Author's Notes:
Hello! Thanks for taking such a liking to the first chapter! Hope you enjoy this one!! Major thanks to my beta, Winged Artemis!!! You're the greatest!! Take note: This is a sensitive chapter!



Harry Potter...Housewife?

Morning Sickness Part II







As soon as the two stepped in the door, Harry owled the hospital and waited impatiently for a reply. He paced in front of the kitchen window.


"Harry, please come sit with me,” Ginny called from the living room couch. Harry poked his head in from the kitchen, an alarmed look on his face.

"Is everything okay? Did something happen?" he asked quickly, rushing to Ginny's side.

"Honey, I'm fine. I was just worried you were going to pace a hole in our floor. Now, sit down!" she said, patting the cushion next to her.

Harry obeyed, and though he was sitting, he bounced his knee and tapped his fingers.

"Harry, what is wrong with you?" Ginny asked.

"I don't know, I was so excited when we found out this morning, but now I can't sit still, I can't stop thinking something could be wrong with you or the baby or both of you!" he yelled, slamming his body back into the couch.

"Aww! You're so sweet!" Ginny exclaimed she leaned on his shoulder and entwined her fingers with his and hold his hand tight. She looked into her husband's vibrant green eyes, which were still filled with fear.

"Harry, please relax, everything will be okay," Ginny said. She added, "Look, I was reading this book Mum gave me, and it says that seventy-five percent of pregnancies have no complications."

"Okay, but how do you know you're not one of the other 25 percent that do have trouble?" Harry asked, stroking the back of her hand with his thumb.

"Because I have a gut feeling that everything will be okay," she answered.

There was a pecking noise from the kitchen, and Harry jumped up to get it. It was an owl carrying a letter.


"It's from St. Mungo’s! It says they can see you tomorrow morning," Harry said, once he was back in the living room.

"Great! What time?" Ginny asked.

"Early," Harry said, "but we'll manage."

"My morning sickness is the worst in the mornings," Ginny whined. Harry kissed her cheek and stood up.

"We'll manage it," he said, as Ginny returned his bright smile. But her smile was gone as quickly as it had come. Her face changed into a pained look and her hands grasped her stomach.

"Ginny, what's wrong?" Harry asked.

"Pain, really bad pain!" Ginny groaned.

"Okay, er, what do I do?" Harry asked tensely. His hands flew to his head, and he began pacing again. The pain in Ginny's lower abdomen was so strong, she began to feel tears in her eyes. She began to imagine the worst.

What's wrong with me!? Her mind screamed.

"Harry! Owl Mum and St. Mungo’s! We can't wait until tomorrow!" She exclaimed, her voice filled with pain. Even while standing, she felt the pain gravitate upwards, consuming her whole stomach with intense pain. She fell to her knees and began to scream. In the act of falling, she reached out to brace herself, merely grasping the edge of the coffee table, and brought a lamp crashing to the floor.


The last thing she remembered was seeing her mum and Harry crowding around her and calling her name.

I'll have to thank that stupid clock later, she thought, and the once comforting living room became a fuzzy grey and faded black.






~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~




Ginny was taken to St. Mungo's by Harry and Mrs. Weasley only seconds after she passed out. When they arrived, Harry explained their entire day to their Healer, from when they first found out about the baby, until she passed out.

The Healer, Anna Peeker, specialized in witch health and everything that went along with it “ including babies. She had taken Ginny's case as soon as they walked in the door.

"Does she have any other sicknesses?" Peeker asked.

"No, never," Mrs. Weasley answered.


"Harry, what was her first complaint?" the healer asked.

"She clutched her stomach, and said that she had really bad pain. I got up to owl you and Molly, and she fell to her knees and started screaming." Harry faltered, but he continued. "She was screaming and crying and she couldn't speak."

"Okay, could you see anything that could be causing her pain?" Healer Peeker asked, making notes.

Harry shook his head. "The only thing I could think of was that something was wrong with the baby."


"Well, we are not sure exactly what's happened, and when Ginny wakes, I will ask her questions as well. For now, I am going to ask you both to step out so I can examine her," the healer asked nicely, placing her hand on Ginny. Harry looked as though he were to object, but he kept silent and left the room.



~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~




What seemed like hours later, the healer exited Ginny's room, and assured Mrs. Weasley Harry that Ginny was fine, still asleep but stable. Peeker pulled Harry aside, asking him to meet her in her office in a few moments. Agreed, Harry went to visit with Ginny.

Quietly opening the door, he went into the dark room. The blinds and curtains had been drawn as an attempt to calm Ginny when she first arrived. When that didn’t work, she was given a potion for restful sleep.

"Ginny, I going to talk to the healer about what happened to you. Wake up soon, okay? I love you," he said. Harry kissed her cheek and left.


Harry had gotten lost twice, and had finally stopped to ask for directions.

Once pointed in the right direction, he found the door was marked 'Healer A. Peeker, Witches' Needs'. He knocked. There was no reply, so Harry knocked again, wondering where she could have gotten to.

"Mr. Potter! I was wondering where you had gotten to!" Peeker appeared from the hall.

"As did I. Um, I got lost once or twice," Harry said, warmth creeping up his neck.

"No matter, you're here now, and I have very important things to discuss with you about the health of your wife and children," she said, showing Harry into the office and to a chair. Once sitting, Harry's brain began to compute her words....

''Children?!'' he whispered.

"Yes, you are going to be the father of twins. Twins are very hard for a first time mother to carry, and while the female body is made for carrying children, twins put much more stress on the mother's body. They were too much for her to handle as a first time." Healer Peeker sighed deeply, and leaned back. A look of great concern crossed her face, and Harry began to worry.


"Harry, Ginny's body has rejected one of the babies; it's died while still inside her," Peeker said.

"Oh, Merlin, no," Harry cried.






A/N:: Okay, this was a very sensitive, yet needed, chapter. While all of you are wondering, what happened to the other baby? You will find out in the near future. The first few chapters are serious, and then turning funny and serious again. Thanks so much to my beta, Winged Artemis, I couldn't do this without you!
Breaking the News by AurorGirl101
Author's Notes:
Thanks to my betas, Winged Artemis, and Ron x Hermione. You guys are awesome!! (Warning: Still some sensitive subject matter)
Harry Potter...Housewife?








Chapter Three: Breaking the News















As Harry walked back to Ginny’s room from the Healer’s office, he began running the scenes through his head of how to tell Ginny. Each one was wrong, ending in what seemed as unavoidable catastrophe. He knew that Ginny would be upset no matter how he told her, but he knew that he had to tell her.







“Harry! Where are you going?” a voice called, breaking into his thoughts. Harry looked around and found he had walked right past the waiting Weasleys.







“I was just doing some thinking,” he said, turning around and walking back. He melted into a chair, and sighed deeply.







“What did the Healer say?” Ron asked.







“Ginny should be the first to know,” Hermione said, smacking Ron in the back of the head.







“I’m his best mate! And her big brother!” Ron protested.







“Ron, I’m siding with Hermione on this one,” Harry said. He looked around at the people in the small waiting room. Ron and Hermione were sitting right next to him, and Mr. Weasley was a few chairs down, reading a newspaper. But he saw no Mrs. Weasley.







“Where’s Molly?” Harry asked.







“She went to sit with Ginny,” Hermione answered.







Silence filled the air for a moment before anyone spoke again. Hermione and Ron stared at Harry tentatively before he spoke again. ."I’m . . . going to go and see Ginny.”







~*~*~*~*~








Harry entered the room quietly. He saw a plump, sleeping figure in a chair beside Ginny’s bed. He approached her, tapping her lightly on the shoulder.







“Molly, wake up,” he whispered.







“What? Something happen?” she exclaimed, her eyes snapping open.







“No. Everything’s fine. I’ll wait with Ginny now,” Harry said.







She took a glance at Harry, finally realising where she was and walked over to the bed. She kissed Ginny’s forehead lightly. After she had said her goodbyes, she opened the door and slipped out quietly, letting the door click shut behind her.







Harry pulled the chair Molly had been sitting in closer to Ginny’s bed.







He didn't mean to wake her up, but then the chair slipped from his grip and banged on the side of the bed.







Her eyes fluttered open, blinking the sleep away. She looked at Harry and smiled.







“Hi there, stranger,” she whispered. “When I woke up earlier, they said you went to talk to the Healer about me.”







“Yeah, I was. Listen, Ginny. She told me why you had the accident.”







Ginny gave him a disheartened look and spoke again.







“It’s not . . . good news, is it?” Ginny asked, seeing the look on her husband’s face. Harry shook his head.







Just…tell me,” she said firmly, a tear escaping her eye.







Harry took a deep breath. He knew that what he was about to say was going to change his wife’s life forever. It would hurt her now; he still didn’t even want to tell her. He hesitated, then decided that it was her body, and she needed to know.







“There were twins inside you, Ginny,” Harry said, taking a hold of her hand, wiping away the tears from her cheek. “But the Healer said it was too much for your body right now, and…and one died,” he finished, tears falling from his own eyes. Ginny was sobbing, shaking her head.







“No, Harry, it can’t be.” she whispered through blurry eyes. “This is my fault, isn’t it? I shouldn’t have been running around; shopping, cleaning, and working.”







“Ginny, this is not your fault at all. There was nothing you could have done to prevent this; not one thing,” Harry said, putting his hand on her shoulder.







“It’s my fault, Harry. It’s my fault!” was all Ginny could say. She pulled Harry closer to her, letting his arms surround her while she sobbed.







The pain that overtook Ginny was something she had never experienced before. It wasn’t a physical pain, but an aching in her heart; a longing. She couldn’t believe that this had happened.







If anyone had wandered into the room at that very moment, they would have been moved to tears at the sight of the two grieving parents.







~*~*~*~*~








The rest of the family was brought in and informed of the situation. Molly had cried inconsolably, and Hermione had muttered a soft sob here and there. They both hugged Ginny, who was crying gently herself, obviously exhausted. The men stood at the side of the bed, shedding a few of their own tears.







When Ron and Hermione returned to their Hogsmeade flat and Arthur and Molly to the Burrow, Harry and Ginny sat in silence of the small hospital room.







Harry lay on the small cot he had brought, and Ginny on the bed. The silence was almost unbearable. Ginny was now sitting up on many pillows, staring out the window to the left of the room in a daze. She sighed quietly and turned her head to the right to see Harry sleeping. His arms were folded across his chest, one foot hanging of the side, and his glasses slightly askew.







No wonder he’s been so quiet, Ginny thought, smiling at her husband.







She yawned, realising that she too was tired. She adjusted her pillows, lay on her left side, and pulled the covers to her chin, closing her eyes to sleep. But the sleep seemed miles and miles away. All she could think about was the baby she had lost. Lost- gone forever.







She rolled over to her right and faced Harry’s sleeping figure.







“Did I let you down?” she whispered.







~*~*~*~*~*~*~








“You must take the blue potions everyday for the next month. You must then take the red twice a day, morning and evening, until you give birth; followed by the purple for eight weeks. It is very important you follow these instructions,” Healer Peeker explained. She had stopped by the morning Ginny was to be released from her care. She was giving Ginny a large box of potions, which were going to be important towards the health of her child and herself for the next few months of pregnancy.







“If you have any problems, questions, or worries, let me know. I will see you in five days for a check. Are you ready to get home?” she asked.







“After five days in here, I want to sleep in my own bed more than anything,” Harry laughed.







“Me, too,” Ginny agreed.







“Great. I will send a nurse along soon with some more papers, and I will see you in five days. Good luck, Ginny,” Peeker said. She shook hands with Harry and left the room.







Harry was busying himself with gathering the few things the Weasleys had been kind enough to bring them. Mostly toiletries, along with a few pictures and some clothes for Harry (Ginny had been wearing hospital-issued gowns and robes.)







“Harry? Can you come here?” Ginny called. Harry poked his head out of the bathroom to see Ginny smiling over a book. Being curious, he came and sat next to her.







“What do you have there?” he asked, looking at the book cover.







“A book of baby names,” Ginny replied simply. “We should pick a name for her,” she said, putting a hand to her stomach.







“Her? I say it’s a boy,” Harry said, crossing his arms.







“Well, how about you pick a boy’s name, and I’ll pick a girl’s name. And we can be surprised when she is born,” Ginny said.







“Deal. You go first,” he replied.







“All right… How about Lillian Beth?”







“Too fancy,” Harry shook his head.







“Okay, Anna Leah?”







“Sounds good,” Harry said, smiling. “As for my son, I think we should name him after me, of course,”







“Harry! Be serious,” Ginny said, patting his arm.







“I am being serious. We could call him James.”







“All right, if we must,” Ginny said jokingly. “Really. It’s great. I love it.”







Harry smiled and closed his arms around Ginny.







“Good. And I think Anna Leah is a beautiful name, too.”















A/N: There! I hope you liked it! I had a bit of trouble trying to get their emotions to play out right, so. Thank you to my beta, Winged Artemis. And to Ron x Hermione for taking her place. Thanks!! The next one is already with the beta!!







~A.G



Life Must Go On, No Matter What by AurorGirl101
Author's Notes:
Hey! I know what you must be thinking, "WOW, that was quick!" ALL thanks to my fantastic beta, Ron x Hermione! She's awesome! I hope you enjoy this chapter, it took a while to get it just right. We're getting past the super sensitive content, but there is still a warning. Enjoy and Review!!
Harry Potter...Housewife?




Chapter Four: Life Must Go On, No Matter What






“Do you have everything you need?” Harry asked. He had just tucked Ginny into their bed, along with a pitcher and glass of ice water, some crackers and cheese, a few magazines, and a Quidditch book.



“Yes, I think so. I promise to call you if I need anything,” she smiled.



“Okay,” Harry said. He began to fidget with her covers, and Ginny pushed his hands away.



“Go take a shower and relax. I’ll be fine,” she told him.



“Are you sure? I don’t want you to feel lonely,” he said, sitting next to her.



“I’m sure. More than sure, actually.” She smiled.



“Okay, but I’ll hurry up,” he said, pointing at the clock on the dresser.



“You do that.”



Harry leaned over and kissed her, reluctant to leave now.

She gave him a look that automatically told him to leave at that moment or else.



“Okay, okay. I’m going now,” Harry said, standing up.



“Bye, darling,” Ginny said, waving.



Harry winked and left the room.

~ * ~



In the shower, Harry’s mind would not rest even for a few moments. He could only recount the last few days, thinking if maybe they had done this, and not that, that something would be different.



He always came up with the same answer.



Bad things happen to good people sometimes.



~ * ~



Ginny was staring at her magazine, not really reading the pages. She didn’t feel like it. She was still worried Harry was disappointed in her. She had been putting on a show, smiling and laughing, when on the inside she felt like crying



*~*~*~*~*~*~*~




“Harry! Could you please bring me some tea? With honey?” Ginny called.



Harry threw his quill on the table. He had been working on some paperwork that had piled up. He had applied for the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teaching position over the last summer break. He was grading some end-of-term papers.



This was also the third time in the last forty-five minutes that Ginny decided she needed something from him.



“Yes, just give me a minute,” he called back to her. Stomping in the kitchen, he turned the teakettle on and got a mug from the cupboard.



They had been home three days, and already Harry was going crazy. While he knew Ginny needed him to help her, he thought she was taking it a little too far.



The whistling kettle broke his thoughts. He poured the steaming liquid in the mug and grabbed a spoon.



“Here you go.” He smiled as he brought the steaming cup to Ginny.



“Thank you very much,” Ginny said, taking the cup.



“I’m sorry I keep bothering you. The truth is, I hate sitting in here alone,” she said, running her finger around the rim of the mug and giving Harry puppy eyes.



“No, not the puppy eyes. I have work to do Ginny,” Harry pleaded. Ginny stuck her bottom lip out and reached her hand out for him.



“All right,” Harry said, going to fetch his papers.



~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~




“Are you ready?” Harry asked two days later. They were sitting at the kitchen table, staring at each other. It had been five days since Ginny had been released from the hospital, and it was time for her to go back for a checkup.



“Yeah. You scared?” she asked.



“A little. But I’m sure everything’s fine,” Harry replied.



“Okay, I’m sure you’re right. Ginny said. “Come on, we’ll be late.”



~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~




“I’m here to see Healer Peeker?” Ginny asked the desk witch at St. Mungo’s. The witch pointed the direction without looking up from her magazine.



Harry and Ginny walked to Peeker’s office and knocked.



“Come in,” came the muffled reply. The couple entered the office and took their seats.



“Ah, the Potters. How is everything?” Peeker greeted them, and pulled a file from the tall stack in her desk.



“Everything is as well as it can be; I’ve been doing just what you asked.” Ginny replied.



“Wonderful, wonderful. Have you had any more problems?”



“No. None,” Ginny said, shaking her head.



“Well, I’m going to examine you now,” Peeker said. She stood and led Harry and Ginny through a door in her office, which followed on to an examining room.



“Hop up on the table, please,” Peeker asked. “I am going to perform a spell that will bring us images from inside you; out here for us to look at. You will feel your stomach grow warm, and maybe slightly tingly, but no pain,” she explained.



“All right,” Ginny said, slightly worried of what they may find.



Healer Peeker pulled her wand from her pocket and pointed it at Ginny’s stomach, beginning to murmur some words.



Ginny exclaimed softly as she felt her stomach grow warm. Harry watched, his mouth forming a slight “o” shape.



“All right. Now, let’s see what we can see.” Peeker said, turning her wand from Ginny’s stomach to the wall, where small, dark images appeared. Two small blobs were moving.



“Oh, my goodness!” Peeker exclaimed loudly, leaning closer to study the blobs.



“What? What’s wrong? Ginny exclaimed.



“Nothing at all,” Peeker replied. She looked genuinely surprised.



“Then would you like to tell me why you are yelling?” Harry growled from his chair.



“Harry, Ginny. . . I was wrong.”







A/N: HA! There is a nice little cliffie for you. I hope you liked it, and please review. Chapter five is with my fantastic beta right this second, and I am expecting it back very soon! I'm so sorry that this is so short! But, do remember this chapter was supposed to cover five days, so I tried to put a little snippet of every day or every couple days to show that.





" I need a drink..." by AurorGirl101
Author's Notes:
Well, hello again! Here is chapter four! In this chapter, you will discover just why Healer Peeker was wrong. And thanks to my beta, Ron x Hermione! Best beta around! And to all my reviewers! You guys are awesome! Thanks! WARNING:: Things become a little graphic as the healer explains Ginny's condition. Nothing overly graphic, but a warning to the readers who need one. *smile*
Harry Potter...Housewife?



Chapter Five: “I need a drink….”






“Harry, Ginny…I was wrong.”





“Come again?”



“I was wrong,” Healer Peeker replied to the parents.



Ginny sat up from the table, shaking her head.



“No. See you told me my child had died--- you can’t just take it back!” she yelled. She sauntered over to the Healer, who looked a little scared, but stood her ground.



“Do you know what I have been through these past ten days? I felt like I’ve disappointed my husband; my family. I wanted to crawl under a rock and die. Then, there was the ever-increasing fear that I would lose the baby I had left! Do you know what that’s like?” Ginny now had the Healer pinned against the wall, jabbing her in the shoulder and yelling in her face.



Harry just watched. He knew there was no way he could stop her. Death Eaters? No problem. Voldemort? The most evil wizard there ever was? Slightly harder, but not impossible. Ginny Weasley? She was her mother’s daughter. He smiled slightly at the revelation.



“Ginny, calm down,” Harry said gently, putting his hand on her back.



“NO!” she screamed. She whirled around to face Harry, her face tear-streaked and red. Harry opened his arms and made to hug her, but she just shook her head. Harry nodded back at her, pulling her tightly to him. She sobbed in his arms, her hands against his chest.



Harry pulled back. “Let’s just listen to what she has to say, okay?”



“All right,” Ginny nodded, wiping her tears away.



“First off, I would like to apologise for that, Ginny. I should have handled that better,” the Healer started. “Please come back to my office.”



Once seated in the Healer’s office, Ginny seemed to have clamed down considerably. Harry was holding her hand as she breathed deeply.



The Healer took a great breath and began.



“I don’t know how this could have happened. Honestly, I’ve never seen it happen. The best way for me to explain this is to simply say I was mistaken.



“Sometimes, women who are pregnant for the first time get pains; some are so small that you don’t really even know they’re there; other times it’s like your pains were the worst thing you’ve ever experienced. If this happens, then it’s easy for us to suspect that you had lost the child.”



“Is there a solid, real reason for this?” Ginny interrupted.



“Yes, believe it or not. It’s simply the body expanding to compensate for your growing child. You had such severe pain due to the fact that you have two children growing inside you, and your body had to expand at a faster and more advanced growing rate than it had planned on, since this was your first pregnancy.”



“It’s that simple?” Harry asked, unbelievingly.



“Yes. It’s quite a bit of drama for something so simple, isn’t it?” Healer Peeker smiled.



“I can’t believe this,” Ginny said, shaking her head. Silence followed for a few moments.



“Are you experiencing any more pains? How do you feel?” the Healer asked.



“Like I need a drink.”



~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~




That night, Harry lay in bed, contemplating the day. Then he remembered something Ginny had said earlier.



“Ginny?” Harry whispered. “Are you awake?”



"Yes, Harry, what is it?” Ginny asked, rolling over to face her husband.



“I want to ask you something,” he said.



“Okay,” Ginny said, waiting.



“Why did you feel like you disappointed me?”



“Harry…“ Ginny began.



“No, please. I really want to know why you thought that.”



“Because…” Ginny paused, searching for the right words. “Because I knew how excited you were when we found out about us having children, and then when this whole thing started, I felt like I was damaged goods or something,”



“Oh, Ginny. I don’t think that. I think you are the most perfect person in the world for me. You’re not damaged. Just look at how this turned out! Everything is fine.”



“Bloody hormones,” Ginny sniffled.



“What?” Harry asked.



“I said, ‘bloody hormones’! They make me cry about everything!” Ginny said.



Inside Harry was laughing, but he held it in, moving over to hold his wife.



“It’s all right, baby,” he whispered, kissing her forehead.



“Oh! Harrrrry!” She continued to sob into his arms.



“What? What’d I do?”



“You haven’t called me “baby” since we’ve been married!” Ginny cried.



“I have to!” Harry retorted. Ginny immediately stopped crying and pushed Harry away.



“Are you calling me a liar?”



“Err…no?”



“I think you are,” Ginny said, throwing her covers off and getting out of the bed. She went to the closet and pulled out a spare blanket and stormed out of the room. The door slammed in her wake.



“Ginny! Come back here!” Harry said, jumping out of the bed.



Ginny’s head popped back in the door. She did not look happy.



“You try to follow me, Potter, and you’ll be sorry,”



~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~




Needless to say, Harry did not go after Ginny. He returned to bed and waited a few hours to let her cool off. He hadn’t meant to upset her, but obviously she had taken it that way. He glanced over at the clock that read 2:00 am. He walked to the door and stuck his head out, looking down the hall and seeing a light coming from the living room. He took a deep breath as he stepped into the hall. As he followed it, he looked at the pictures on the wall. It was mostly family; the Weasleys, one of his parents at their wedding, himself as a baby, Ginny and her siblings, and one of Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Ginny at Hogwarts.



He stopped and looked at the last one. It was his favourite. It was himself and his wife at their wedding. They stood in the garden of the Burrow, surrounded totally by each and every Weasley son, and their wives and children. It also included every Order member, plus Remus’ and Tonks’ son, just one year old at the time, holding onto his daddy’s leg, crying. Harry smiled at the baby. He looked just like Remus.



Then there was Ginny at the direct centre of the photo. Dressed in her gown, Harry thought she looked like an angel. Her hair was curled, falling in soft twists around her face as half was pulled back. She was smiling brightly; it was clear she was happy. The placid sunset in the background of the picture made her hair and cream-colored skin stand out.



“Harry?” a soft voice called down the hall.



Harry turned to see Ginny, wrapped in a blanket, leaning on the doorframe of the living room.



“Hey,” he answered.



“What’re you doing?” she asked, coming closer.



“Just looking,” Harry said. He wrapped his hands around her waist, and she leaned her head on his shoulder.



“I’m sorry about earlier,” she whispered. “I just can’t control my emotions anymore.”



“It’s fine. I was like that once,” Harry said, remembering his days during the war. He had been so stressed at times; any little thing would set him off.



“I remember,” Ginny said fondly.



“Ready to come to bed?” he asked.



“Yeah,” Ginny said, stifling a yawn.



Harry led her down the hall, opening the bedroom door, and letting Ginny in first. She crawled into her side of the bed and Harry covered her up. He leaned down and kissed her lips gently. He climbed into bed himself, turning on his side. He felt hands on his chest, and looked down to see Ginny had cuddled up to him. He kissed her again.



“I love you,” he whispered.



“I love you, too.”







A/N: Aww! That was your first taste of Ginny being hormonal. I had a bit of fun with it. I hope you enjoyed it. Please review! The next chapter is where the fic gets it's name, and we will get a little more fluff, some humour, Harry being romantic and Ginny getting a few laughs at her husband. Thanks again to my beta!



Master Dust Buster by AurorGirl101
Author's Notes:
Hi everyone! Thanks for all the great reviews! I think everyone will enjoy this chapter; it's where the story gets it's main title. Harry attempts to be romantic, and Ginny cheats Harry out of the surprise. You will all find out more about the babies in the next chapter, Harry and Ginny will be visiting Healer Peeker again. So what should it be? I'm not sure if I've decided yet. *Kidding* Which brings me to the end of my ridicuously long note. This is the last chapter for a few weeks. I am working on two major fics right now ( This one and one other, Hope For Tomorrow), and I need to take time to work on the other and prepare it for submission. Don't worry! I am not giving up on this!! NEVER! You may just have withdrawl for a week....or three. Thanks guys, and enjoy!! Oh, yeah. There is a warning for the end. It's just a little snogging. Just thought I should warn you. And yes, one day we will have an author's note without a content warning. =)
Harry Potter...Housewife?




Chapter Six: Master Dust Buster



It had been a rough week for Harry Potter. He quickly discovered that his wife, who he loved dearly, was not the easiest person to deal with when miserable. Her morning sickness has resumed, although it really wasn’t morning sickness, but more like all day sickness. He couldn’t even make mention of food without her gagging and running to the bathroom. And once she returned, she would yell or hit him.



His only escape was his work. Everyday, when Ginny was taking her nap, he would go to his office at Hogwarts and have a cup of tea, plan his next year of lessons, or grade papers. Once, he even went just to visit Dobby. He always returned home in time to wake Ginny, and give her Healer Peeker’s potions and dinner. The night was the only time when Ginny was not sick, but it seemed like after seven her hormones would take over, and the problem was mood swings.


Now, he sat in his Hogwarts office, preparing to return home once again. He had spent the whole day grading the very last of the papers. It had taken so long because of all of the trouble Ginny was having. He felt like celebrating.

He quickly cleared his desk of papers, trash, and teacups. He closed his windows making a dash for the fireplace.


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~



Harry Flooed directly into the Three Broomsticks. He placed an order for a romantic dinner for two, and told Madam Rosmerta he would be back to pick it up shortly. He hurried over to Honeydukes, buying some chocolates that claimed to quiet an upset stomach.


He arrived back at the Three Broomsticks and picked up his orders and Flooed home.


~*~*~




Harry had made a fair bit of noise coming out of the fireplace, and he was hoping he had not woke Ginny. He placed his packages on the kitchen table, and started setting things up.


He placed candles all around the kitchen, and covered the table in a beautiful cloth. He set the table with two plates, napkins, forks, knives and spoons. He went to the china cabinet where Ginny kept the special dishes, and brought down the champagne flutes they got at their wedding. He lit the candles and then turned his attention to the food.


Ginny leaned on the doorway, smiling sweetly at her husband’s turned back. She had heard him rustling in the kitchen when she had woken from her nap. She knew something was up once she saw the table and the food on the counter (which Harry had now arranged on plates, and was scrutinising intensely.) Ginny decided this was the perfect time to thank him. She crept silently to him, his back still turned.


Once she was close enough to whisper, she said, “If you want that to arrange itself, I can teach you the spell,”


“Ahhh!” Harry yelled and whipped around. “Ginny, you’re not supposed to be awake yet!” he said, crossing his arms.


“I heard someone in the kitchen,” she said, pouting.


“You ruined your surprise,”


“So, what are we eating?” Ginny asked, peeking around Harry.


“That’s for me to know and you to find out,” Harry said. He unfolded his arms and pointed towards their living room. Ginny just smiled and shook her head.


“Ginny, please?” Harry pleaded. Ginny shook her head again advancing towards Harry. She opened her arms hugging him tight. Harry wrapped his arms around her waist resting his chin on her head. Ginny tipped her head upwards, pulling Harry into a deep kiss. Slowly, she started to back up, pulling Harry with her. Quickly and all at once, she broke the kiss, pulled away from Harry, and got behind him.


“Ginny! Not fair, you cheated!” Harry said huskily.


“I know, but I cheated well, didn’t I?” She smiled, looking at the food, and rubbing her hands together. “This looks fantastic.”


“Now that you know what we are eating, go sit
somewhere while I finish,”


“Fine,” Ginny said, slumping out of the kitchen.


Harry took the plates to the table. He stepped back and admired his work. The plates were full of mashed potatoes, broiled chicken, vegetables, and there was still the chocolate cake on the counter.


Healthy enough for now, I suppose, he thought. He went back to the bag and pulled out the sparkling water, and filled the champagne flutes with the fizzy drink.


“Perfect,” he said, and went to fetch Ginny.



~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~



“Harry could you please come here?” Ginny called.

Harry was sitting in the living room, reading the Daily Prophet. Ginny had been sitting with him, but had gone to the loo a few moments ago. As soon as Harry heard her voice, he jumped up and rushed to her.


“Are you okay? What’s wrong?” he asked immediately.


Ginny smiled, “Yes, I’m fine, but our bathtub is not,”


Harry cast a glance towards the bathtub. Aside from looking a bit grimy, he thought it was fine.


“And your point is?”


“That I can’t get down and dirty with the housework anymore, so you need to help me,”


“Oh,” came Harry’s quiet reply.


Ginny saw the look on her husband’s face and smiled. “Come on, I’ll tell you what to do,”


Harry sighed and followed his wife as she led him out of the bathroom and down the hall to their utility closet.


Ginny pulled a stick with feathers off of a hook and handed it to him.


“That is a feather duster, and you use it to dust the dust off of all the surfaces in the house,” she explained calmly. Harry took the duster.


“You can just start with that for now; it’s best if you take it slow,” she smiled.


“Okay,” Harry said bravely. He marched off, determined to show Ginny he could clean as well as anyone else.


Ginny sat down on the couch and watched as Harry carefully dusted the photos around their side tables and the mantel and the photos on the wall.


“Don’t forget to reach up there in the corner of the ceiling and get the cobwebs,” Ginny advised, “I usually do that part with magic, but, hey, you’re taller than me,”


Harry just nodded and reached the cobwebs.


Ginny watched silently for another few moments, and then started laughing hysterically. Harry turned around and looked at her.


“What? What’s so funny?” he said, smiling at his wife’s face scrunched up with laughter.


Once she sobered up a little, she calmly stated with a straight face, “I just realized that you are very sexy from this angle,”


Harry struck a pose, holding the duster high above his head with his left hand and his right hand on his hip.


“Call me Master Dust Buster,” he said dramatically.


“I think you earned a break, Master Dust Buster,” Ginny said, motioning with her finger that Harry should come closer. He dropped the duster and flopped on the sofa next to her.


“What kind of break?” he said mischievously.


“This kind,” Ginny said, wrapping her arms around his neck and kissing him deeply.





A/N: And so ends chapter six. Hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. Now, I know some of you may argue that Harry already knows how to clean, but it's been a while, and he probably thought that in the Wizarding world, all the cleaning was done magically. Well, I think Mrs. Weasley would instill in her daughter that it's important to clean properly. Just my view. Plus, how else would this story come about if he wasn't a little niave? *wonders how this A/N got so long* Please let me know what you think, and don't forget to wager your guess about the gender of the babies! And so much thanks goes to my fabulous beta, Ron x Hermione! Thanks so much!
Already Fighting by AurorGirl101
Author's Notes:
Hello! Here is chapter seven. I hope you all are not too mad at me for the long wait!! Good news, school is over for me, which took up alot of time. So now I can devote more time to this. Chapter Eight should follow soon! Thanks to my beta, Ron x Hermione! You're the bestest! Review please! And guess what? No content warning!
Harry Potter...Housewife?




Chapter Seven: Already Fighting



Harry and Ginny Potter were standing the kitchen of their Hogsmeade flat, cleaning up after their dinner. Harry had gotten quite good at doing household chores over the last week. So far he had been able to master sweeping and mopping, dusting, and cleaning the bathrooms. Ginny had spent this particular day on dishes. At the first attempt, Harry had used too much soap, and dropped each dish into the sink, causing quite a few to break. Ginny had remedied the situation quickly.


By dinnertime, Harry had gotten much better. He washed and rinsed while Ginny dried and put the dishes away in their respective places.


Ginny dried and put away the last glass. She folded her towel, and leaned against the counter. She saw that Harry had his back turned to her while he was wiping the table.

“Harry, I think it’s time we start making plans for the nursery,” Ginny said.


“Sounds like a good idea. What do you have in mind?” Harry replied, coming back to the sink, and drying his hands.


Ginny shrugged her shoulders, and looked thoughtfully around the room.


“Maybe we should go and look in the spare rooms?” Harry suggested. Ginny nodded and walked up the stairs to their second floor.


On the second floor of their home, there were two bedrooms, one bathroom, and a large linen closet. The master bedroom that Harry and Ginny shared was located on the first floor.


They made their way into the first bedroom. It was the smallest room in the house, about twelve by fourteen feet. They quickly decided this was entirely too small for twins, and moved to the room directly across the hall.


The second room was bigger, the large window and closet were added charm to the room. They had decided to keep all the extra rooms bare, aside from carpeting. That way, they could magic the rooms quickly to fit their guest’s preferences.


“I think this one is all right,” Ginny said, going over to the window and gazing out.


“Sure,” Harry said uninterestedly.


“Harry Potter! You had better take interest in where your children will be sleeping!” Ginny bellowed.


“Okay, okay. Do you really want to know what I think?” he asked. Ginny nodded excitedly.


“I think we should use this room, split it in half, one for each baby, and you decorate one side, and I’ll do the other,”


“That sounds…like a really great idea,” Ginny smiled. “Well, let’s get to it!”


“Ginny, it’s probably a better idea to wait,” Harry said gently.


“Why?” Ginny said slowly, her face forming a menacing look.


“Because, how can we decorate if we don’t know what we are having? We could end up decorating for a boy and a girl, and have two boys! That would be bad.”


“I guess you’re right. Let’s go see Healer Peeker!” she said immediately.


“You’re not due to see her for another week,” Harry said.


“I know, but I want to go now,” Ginny smiled.


“Fine, let’s send an owl.”


Ginny followed her husband down the stairs and into the den, where Hedwig had claimed the room for her own. Ginny quickly wrote to the Healer, asking for an appointment. Hedwig perched herself on Ginny’s lap, clearly eager to deliver the letter. Ginny stroked her feathers gently while Harry tied the letter on her outstretched leg. He then opened the window, and she hooted a quick goodbye, and then soared out of the window.


~*~*~




“Ginny, maybe she’s just busy,”


“No, she doesn’t want me to come!”


Harry and Ginny were sitting in their living room waiting for Healer Peeker to get back to them. They had been waiting for over an hour. As they sat in the silence, Harry could feel Ginny’s tension. He too wanted to know what the babies would be, but he also wanted to be surprised.

A soft tapping broke his thoughts, and Ginny jumped up and ran to the den. They found Hedwig waiting patiently with a letter attached to her leg. Ginny snatched it from Harry’s hand as soon as he had it untied. She read the letter, only to find that the healer had scribbled a few sentences under Ginny’s own letter.


Mrs. Potter,

I’m afraid my schedule is extremely full. Unless you are having a serious problem, I am not able to give you an appointment. I do apologise. Remember that you are still on bed rest, and to take your potions, and I will be seeing you and your husband at your scheduled appointment next week. Again, my apologies.


-Healer A. Peeker


Harry read the letter over Ginny’s shoulder. She was silent.



~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~



The Weasley women had become notorious for their parties, and each had their own specialty. Molly and Fleur did all the family and holiday gatherings, and Hermione hosted the “just-because” parties. Together, they had planned five weddings, and three baby showers.


When Ginny’s news came in a few weeks ago that there had been a misunderstanding with the Healer, and she was really having twins, the women came together to give Harry and Ginny their first baby shower blowout.


Now, one calm summer night after a big, family dinner, Molly, Hermione, and Fleur sat in the kitchen of the Burrow planning.


“They don’t know what they’re having yet do they?” asked Hermione.


“No. Ginny said she has an appointment with her healer next week,” answered Molly.

“Vell, maybe ve should just vait until after zair appointment?” Fleur suggested.


“Yes, that would be the logical thing to do,” Hermione said.


“What would be the logical thing to do?” asked a cheery voice.


“Ginny! Hi!”



“We thought we would come and see everyone,” Harry said as he sat down at the table.


“You’re just in time for dessert,” Molly said, bringing two large cakes, plates, and forks to the center of the table.


“Dessert time?” Fred smiled as he entered the room.


“Dessert,” said George, coming in behind his brother.


“Looks fantastic, Molly,” Arthur said.


“Cake!” squealed Bill and Fleur’s six-year old daughter, Nicole, as her father carried her in from the living room.

“Hello?” Ginny said her hands on her hips.


“Ginny! Harry! Fancy you two showing up,” Arthur said, hugging his daughter, and shaking hands with Harry.


“Sit, sit everyone,” Molly ordered, cutting large chunks of cake.


“Where’s Ron and Danielle?” asked Molly, referring to her youngest son, and he and Hermione’s eighteen month-old daughter.

“I’m afraid Danielle has a bit of the sniffles, and only wants Dada to give her medicine and put her to bed,” Hermione said. She had changed a lot over the years. Her hair had been cut to just above her shoulders, and was still slightly bushy. During the War, she lost quite a bit of weight, leaving her looking gaunt and sickly, but since having Danielle, she had gained it all back. Hermione and Ron had married just a few months after the War ended, having Danielle only a year later. Hermione had said it was time to settle down and raise a family; Ron was just happy to be with her.


The family sat quietly and ate their dessert. Fred and George had been too busy with their joke shop to bother with dating and marriage. The joke shop had taken off, and they had to expand a few months ago, and set a second shop up in Hogsmeade.



“How have you been feeling Ginny?” asked Hermione.


“Pretty okay, actually. The healer gave me a few potions and they have been helping with the sickness,”


“Sadly, there’s nothing they can do about the mood swings,” Harry grumbled.


Ginny glared at her husband, “I’ll let that one slide.”


There were a few chuckles around the table, but everyone continued on when Ginny looked around menacingly.


~*~*~




Later that night, the whole family, (save for Danielle who had finally fallen asleep, freeing Ron to join the rest of the adults) gathered around in the living room. Nicole was trying to learn chess from her Grandpa, and everyone else was carrying on idle conversation.


“Have you two decided on any names?” asked Bill.


“Yes, actually. We have Harry James, Jr, and Anna Leah,” Ginny answered.


“How darling,” Molly beamed.


“We have an appointment with Healer Peeker to see what the twins are in a few more days,” Ginny said, placing a hand to her slightly swollen stomach.


“Well, hang on tight, the ride is about to get bumpy,” Bill said.


“If you ever need to get away or anything, you just come to me, mate,” Ron said sympathetically to Harry. “I owe you one, anyway,” he added.


~*~*~




When Harry and Ginny had returned home that night, both were tired and went straight to bed.


Ginny was lying in bed, her husband sleeping next her, with her hands on her stomach. Sleep didn’t seem an option at the moment. Her stomach turned and bubbled.


“You two need to quit it in there,” she whispered, rubbing her stomach in small, gentle circles. She smiled at herself.


“You’re not even born yet, and I’m already trying to keep you from fighting,”



Thinking of all the childhood arguments she had had with her brothers lulled Ginny to sleep that night, a smile on her face.


She was a mummy.





A/N: Ahh! That's cute. Well, hope you liked! Thank you for all the wonderful reviews I am getting! I really appreciate every last one. And I have decided on what the babies will be, and their names. Which is what the next chapter is about.
"How Will I Survive This?" by AurorGirl101
Author's Notes:
Hey! Here is chapter eight! I am sorry for the wait! Thanks so much to my beta, Ron x Hermione! You are the best, Lindsey. Hope you enjoy! The babies are........
Harry Potter...Housewife?




Chapter Eight: “How Will I Survive This?”




“Harry, wake up.”


“No.”


“We’re late, come on!”


“No- late for what?” Harry said quickly, sitting up.


“For my appointment with Peeker!” Ginny said irritatedly.


“How did we get late? The appointment was at ten in the morning.”


“I was up late last night, and I slept through the alarm. Why am I explaining this to you? You slept through the alarm too!” Ginny screamed.


“Okay! Let’s go,” Harry said, jumping out of bed. He quickly changed pants and grabbed a clean shirt, his wand. and glasses. Ginny was already dressed.



~*~*~




When the couple entered the hospital, they breezed right past the front desk, hurrying to the lifts. Luckily, they made it to Peeker’s floor only an hour and a half late.


They were almost running to Peeker’s office when a voice called behind them.



“Mrs. Potter! You’re supposed to be on bed rest!”


Ginny whipped around, ready to give this person a good thrashing for slowing her up, when she came face to face with her Healer.


“We were late, and I didn’t want to lose my appointment,” Ginny said quickly.


“Well, I would rather you be late than have more trouble with your babies. Let us go to my office. Slowly,” she replied firmly, but with a soft humor in her voice.


“So, how is everything?” Healer Peeker asked once seated in her office.


“Everything is fine. I’m taking my potions every day, resting most of the day.”


“Yes, that concerns me some. You need to take the bed rest seriously. It is very important not to stress yourself too much,” Healer Peeker explained firmly. “I know it’s hard, but trust me, it’s very important.”


“Okay, I’ll try harder,” Ginny said quietly, her eyes avoiding contact.


“Mr. Potter… this means more work for you also.”


Harry gulped when the healer turned to him.


“Even though she may scream, say she hates you, or tells you never to touch her again, you must make sure she is resting at least 10 hours straight, with a few minutes of movement every hour.”



“Okay,” Harry said strongly.



“Now, another thing: Do you want to know what you’re having?”


“Yes,” Ginny replied, an excited look consuming her face.


“Okay, let’s get to it, then!” Healer Peeker stood and led them through to an examination room.


Ginny climbed up on the table, and laid back. Harry stood beside her, and held her hand. They smiled at each other, and Harry kissed Ginny’s cheek.


“Okay, same procedure as last time, but the images will be a little more developed,” the Healer explained. She lifted Ginny’s shirt, exposing her stomach. She pointed her wand at Ginny’s abdomen and murmured some words.


Ginny felt her stomach grow warm and tingly, and bit her lip with anticipation. The Healer moved her wand all over Ginny’s belly, and then pointed it at the wall. Just like the first time, things appeared very dark. The blobs inside the darkness indeed had become more developed.


As Harry and Ginny studied the blobs, Ginny became slightly teary-eyed. She reached for Harry’s hand.


“As you can see, these are your children. And it appears you are the proud parents of…” the healer paused and studied the images closely.


“Of what?” Harry and Ginny asked together, excitement overriding their voices.


“Two girls!” Healer Peeker finished dramatically.


Ginny gasped, and hugged her husband.


“Girls…” Harry allowed his voice to trail.


~*~*~*~



Harry and Ginny apparated from the hospital directly to the Burrow. They wanted to deliver the good news in person to the proud grandparents.


Harry knocked on the door and hugged his wife tight while they waited for it to open.


“Hello, Harry, Ginny. Come in and out of this heat!” Mrs. Weasley said brightly. It was the middle of June, and the weather was just beginning to become hot everyday.


“Gladly,” Ginny said, stepping inside.


The three gathered around the table, and Mrs. Weasley brought some iced tea and glasses. She then brought a large cake and plates.


“I baked this earlier today. I was going to visit after your appointment,” Mrs. Weasley explained.


“You are going to spoil your granddaughters rotten,” Ginny said, smiling widely at her mother.



“I probably- granddaughters?” Mrs. Weasley exclaimed.


“Yes, granddaughters!” Ginny whispered her eyes filled with tears. She hugged her mother.


“Oh!” Mrs. Weasley squeaked and let go of Ginny. She ran into the living room. Both Harry and Ginny peeked around the corner to see where she had gone.


Mrs. Weasley was poking a sleeping Mr. Weasley, telling him to wake up. He was sleeping in a chair, his reading glasses slightly askew and a Daily Prophet across his lap.


Finally, he gave in to his wife’s notions, and stood up.


Once both Mrs. Weasley and Mr. Weasley had joined Harry and Ginny in the kitchen, Ginny told her father their exciting news.



“That’s fantastic!” he exclaimed. He hugged his daughter.


“We’d better be going now,” Ginny said. “Harry and I have a lot of decorating to do,”



Harry and Ginny stayed around to visit for the afternoon. They had a large meal followed by a rich slice of peach pie. They were all sitting around eh table making small talk when Ginny noticed Harry yawning.


“We’d better be getting home. Harry and I have a lot of decorating to do,” Ginny said pointedly.


They all said their goodbyes and Harry and Ginny made for home.


~*~*~*~



“Blue can too be girl color!” Harry bellowed. He and Ginny had come right home and began to jot down some ideas on a pad of paper. They decided to stick to the decision they made the other day: Harry does one side and Ginny the other.


They were currently arguing over the color.


“Harry, blue is more commonly associated with boys. Would you like our daughters to grow up with an identity crisis?” Ginny asked.


“They won’t have an identity crisis!” Harry growled back. He was becoming very frustrated.

A few moments’ silence followed, in which Healer Peeker’s words ran through Harry’s mind.


“You can’t decorate anyway,” he said very quietly.


“I can too!” Ginny retorted.


“No, Peeker said you had to rest all day,” Harry said firmly.


“You wouldn’t dare,” Ginny hissed.


“I would. If it means you living with your Mum for the next six months, then so be it!” Harry said as his voice rose slightly.


“Please stop yelling!” Ginny bellowed. She wilted into her recliner, and cried quietly.


“Oh, Ginny. I’m sorry,” Harry whispered. He went to his wife and pulled her out of the chair. He wrapped his arms around her and held her as she cried.


“I don’t want to be dependant on someone else to help me do things,” she whispered into Harry’s shoulder. “I’d feel like a burden,”


“You would never even consider letting that thought cross my mind. You are carrying our children; since I can’t do it for you, I want to make it easier for you,” Harry said.


“We’ve been through so much already, Ginny. Can you just trust me to do this on my own?”



“You’re right,” Ginny said, sighing.


“I mean, look how far you’ve brought me in the past couple of weeks,” Harry pointed out.


“Yes, that’s true,” Ginny smiled. “I will let you decorate the room. I trust you.”


“Thanks,” Harry said, hugging his wife tight.


“Is there anything to eat around here?” Ginny said, letting go of Harry and running to the kitchen.



Harry just sighed and followed his wife.



“How will I survive this?” he whispered.






A/N: So? How did you like the outcome? I haven't decided on the exact names yet, though. Here's the lowdown on the next chapter. At this point in time, Ginny is about 5 months pregnant. If I did a chapter fro every couple days/weeks, we would have a 50 chapter fic on our hands *not what I want*. So, the next chapter will be aquick overview of the next 4 months. The chapter after that will begin at Ginny's ninth month, with a nice cliffie....if you get my hint. *wink*

Thanks again to my awesome beta!
Overview (months 5-8) by AurorGirl101
Author's Notes:
Wow! It's been a while, huh? Well, here is chapter nine, the overview! I hope everyone enjoys it and chapter ten is not a long way off! Thanks so so so so so so so much to my beta, Ron x Hermione! You're the best!









Harry Potter Housewife?










Chapter Nine: Overview (Months 5-8)




















Over the next few months, the Potters fell into a comfortable routine. Harry mastered most of the cleaning measures, and did a thorough cleaning of the house once a week. Ginny was growing bigger by the day, and spent most of her time on the living room sofa, per her Healer’s request.








Harry had also finished decorating the bedroom. He did most of the work the Muggle way. The walls had been painted a soft blue, and (with the help of a little magic) there was a beautiful mural painted on one wall. It depicted a countryside meadow, with sunshine and clouds. There were flowers, trees, and hills covered in thick, green grass. There was plenty of color, and it looked like you could walk right into the meadow for a picnic.








Harry was quite proud of his work. He furnished the room with two rocking chairs, two cribs and two dressers, and a changing table. There were a few lamps in the room, and a small but bright nightlight. Ginny and Mrs. Weasley had purchased the bedding and curtains (after clearing it with Healer Peeker, Ginny was allowed one day of shopping, but nothing too vigorous). The curtains were blue with little white clouds and smiley-faced suns. The bedding was special ordered to match the curtains, and they bought a set for each crib. Mr. Weasley had built two large toy chests.








It took about two weeks to complete fully. Ginny had cried for joy as she surveyed the completed room for the first time.








“This is really happening,” she whispered.











“Yeah, it is,” Harry whispered back.














~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~









Mrs. Weasley, Hermione, and Fleur had gathered again to make plans for Harry and Ginny’s baby shower.











“Molly, what have you come up with for food?” Hermione asked her mother-in-law.











“Well, obviously, I thought about doing healthy foods, but after speaking to Ginny, she told me, and these are her exact words, “All I want is lots of fatty foods with a side of thousands of calories,”.”











The women giggled.








“So, I asked Harry to talk to the Healer about what this sort of diet would do to Ginny and the babies. Healer Peeker said since we are having the shower in Ginny’s ninth month, and close to her due date, the more fat and calories Ginny can take in, the better.”











“Zis iz true. My Healer told me zee same thing ven I vas pregnant. It ‘elps zee production of milk,” Fleur explained.











They continued with planning well into the evening. The menu was fully decided, gifts were agreed on and decorations approved.








“This will be one party they’ll never forget,” Mrs. Weasley had said when they finished planning.








~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~









Ginny made her nightly walk down the long hallway to her bedroom. She brought a few things to her bed in preparation for a bath. She looked at her calendar she now kept on her dresser. She had just turned the calendar to a new month, August. She was officially seven months pregnant tomorrow.








Ginny grabbed her bath things, and walked into the bathroom. She turned the faucets on, and changed into her robe while she waited for the tub to fill. She combed her hair, braided it and pinned it up so it would not get wet. She had begun taking a warm bath every night for the past few weeks because her body was so tired and sore. She had explained to Harry that it was a time where she could close her eyes and relax.








Healer Peeker agreed this was a good thing to do, but strongly cautioned her to be careful, as it was easy to slip and fall.








Ginny removed her robe, and slowly stepped into the water. As soon as she had safely sat down, she wet a cloth and placed it on her neck. Closing her eyes, Ginny placed her hands on her enlarged stomach. She felt about a year pregnant. The babies were very active lately, especially when Ginny was trying to rest.








Ginny washed up and rinsed off. Using the bar on the side of the tub, she pulled herself up. She leaned out to grab her robe, rapidly felt the world go upside down, and soon, Ginny was looking at the ceiling.








“Harry!” she screamed.











He came running. “Ginny! What happened?” he screamed.








“I reached f-for my r-robe and slipped and fell. I’m sorry,” Ginny sobbed. “I’m scared, Harry. What’s going to happen?”








“Stay still and don’t move. It’s going to be fine, Ginny. I promise. I’m going to go get Peeker.” Harry said. He kissed her tear-streaked face, and grabbed a towel to cover her body.








“I love you,” she whispered.








“I love you, too. You’re going to be fine,” Harry said strongly. He was fighting tears himself.











Running from the bathroom, through his bedroom, down the hallway and out the back door seemed like miles to Harry. As soon as he reached the back yard, he Apparated straight to St. Mungo's.








Running to Peeker’s office, he found the Healer doing paper work.








“Mr. Potter? What’s the matter?” she asked, dread filling her face.








“Ginny slipped and fell while she was taking a bath. Please come help her. I didn’t move her from where she fell.”








“Oh, my- we must leave now,” Peeker grabbed a big bag from a shelf behind her chair.








~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~












Ginny spent two weeks in the hospital. She was not allowed to move from her bed for any reason at all.








The Healer explained the potion she had been taking had saved her and the babies’ lives.








“It’s made to strengthen the sacs in which the babies live.” Healer Peeker explained.








After a long two weeks, Ginny was sent home under strict bed rest. Not to move from her bed unless she had use the bathroom, not move from bed to eat, not move from bed for anything.








Six weeks after the entire incident, Ginny was so tired of the inside of her room. She was now about halfway through her eight month when a note came by owl.








Harry and Ginny,





How is everything? We want to have dinner with you two before things get too crazy with new babies and all. Please write back if you are interested.








Love and safe wishes,








Hermione, Ron, and Danielle









“Harry, can I go, please? I’m so sick of seeing the inside of this room,” Ginny pleaded.











“I can’t make this decision. It’s totally up to Healer Peeker, and you don’t have an appointment with her for another week,” Harry said. He did not want to have another situation on his hands.











“Fine. Write Hermione back and tell her,” Ginny sighed.











~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~












Dear Hermione, Ron and Danielle,








Unfortunately, Ginny and I can’t give you our decision now. We would have to clear that with the Healer after the most recent incident. We have an appointment with Healer Peeker in about a week, so we will notify you directly after. Thanks for the invite, though. Ginny says hello!








Love,








Harry, Ginny, and the girls












Hermione’s stomach dropped as this realization came to mind.








“I hadn’t thought of that,” she whispered.








“Hadn’t thought of what?” Ron asked, entering the kitchen where Hermione was fixing lunch.








“Well, we’re supposed to be throwing a shower for Harry and Ginny, but Ginny has been put on complete bed rest since she fell. I’ll need to go visit your mum and talk this over with her.”








“Hermione, relax. If worst comes to worst, we bring Ginny to the party in her bed. Or bring the party to her,” Ron assured his wife.








“You’re right. Wash up, it’s time for lunch,” she said, kissing Ron’s cheek.








“I think we should go visit them after lunch,” Hermione suggested.








“That’s sounds like a good idea,” Ron agreed.








“What good ‘dea?” Danielle asked, coming into the kitchen. Danielle definitely had her mother’s smarts, but was still trying to master talking.








“Going to visit Aunt Ginny and Uncle Harry after lunch,” Hermione told her daughter. She lifted Danielle into her chair and set a sandwich cut in small pieces in front of her.








“Dat good ‘dea,” Danielle smiled, biting into her sandwich.




















A/N: There! I hope you all enjoyed it! Thanks for reading and reviewing! I love all the reviews.





Coming up: Month 9--dun Dun DUN!!!!!!!





Mega thanks again to my beta, Lindsey!





EDIT: Sorry about the formatting guys. It happens alot. Should be fixed now!


The Ninth Month by AurorGirl101
Author's Notes:
Hi guys! I bet you are all excited by the title of this chapter, huh? This is going to be one of the big ones! We all know what's going to happen right? After this, there is only two more chapters!! *sadness* But fear not, there is a sequel in the works and will be posted soon. I plan to finish this one by October 31, 2007. But life never allows such plans.

Let's give a great big giant thanks to my beta (and good friend) Ron x Hermione! Thanks, Lindsey!

A/N: In case there is any confusion, this chapter starts on the 24th of October. Ginny is due October 25th.




Harry Potter...Housewife?







Chapter Ten:
The Ninth Month









Ginny opened her eyes to find her bedroom was still dark. She lay still for a moment listening for her husband’s rhythmic breathing signaling he was still asleep. She glanced at her bedside clock and sighed when she saw it read four forty-five. Slowly lifting herself out of bed, she shuffled to the bathroom.







She had tossed and turned all night long. For months now her back had been hurting but just in the last few days it seemed to get worse.







Sitting down on the toilet, Ginny wet a cloth and washed her face. Sighing as the cool water dribbled down her neck, she began to think about what she would be doing today. She remembered she had a Healer appointment, and possibly dinner with her family. Ginny continued her morning routine by combing her hair and brushing her teeth. Normally she was up much, much later in the morning. Something had just bothered her until she was awake.





She quietly shuffled back to bed, thankful for the bright moon light so she didn't trip. When she settled in, Harry rolled over and smiled at her.





“Everything okay, love?” he asked.





“Yeah, I’m fine. Just having a hard time sleeping,” Ginny replied sighing. She rubbed circles on her stomach.





“Do you want me to stay up with you?” Harry offered.





“No, no. You go back to sleep,” Ginny said. Harry sat up and kissed her cheek, and pulled her head against his chest.





“No, I think I’ll stay up with you.”





Ginny closed her eyes and smiled as Harry rubbed her arm.





“Thanks,” she whispered.





In the comfort of Harry’s arms, Ginny drifted back to sleep. Harry soon followed.







~*~*~*~*~*~








“Mrs. Potter, you are doing fantastically despite the setbacks you have experienced,” Healer Peeker said. The Healer had just finished examining Ginny.





“And the babies?” Ginny asked, her voice tense.







“They, too, are doing fantastic,” Peeker said. “Have you made arrangements for when you give birth?”





“We plan to come here,” Harry said.





“Good. You are due for October twenty-fifth, so I will be here to assist you.”





Ginny smiled.





“Do you have any questions?” Peeker asked, making some notes in Ginny’s file.





“Yes, actually. My family would like to have dinner with us tonight. Would it be all right to go?” Ginny asked.





“I would say no, but I understand you have been cooped up and bored. As long as you sit down and try not to move too much, you may attend dinner with your family.”





“Thank you!” Ginny cried.





“You’re welcome,” Peeker smiled. “I shall see you within the week.”





Once Harry and Ginny returned home, they owled Hermione.







~*~*~*~*~*~








Hermione had just received an owl from Harry and Ginny saying they would be able to attend dinner, which was really going to be their baby shower.





Hermione gathered Danielle up and Floo’ed over to the Burrow.







“Hermione! Danielle! What a surprise!” Molly exclaimed. As the girls entered the kitchen where she was washing dishes, she dried her hands and hugged them.





“What brings you here?” Molly asked.





“I just received an owl from Harry and Ginny. They met with their Healer today, and she gave them the okay to come to dinner!” Hermione said excitedly.





“Oh! Wonderful! My, we have a lot to do until then. Let’s owl Fleur and get busy,” Molly said.









The women spent the rest of the afternoon cooking, cleaning and decorating. Fleur stayed at her home to gather and organize gifts.









At six o’clock promptly, Harry and Ginny strolled up the Burrow lane and knocked on the door.





“They’re here!”





“Hide!”





“No! Don’t hide, Ginny’ll go into labor if we all jump out!”







Harry and Ginny looked at each other with raised eyebrows and questioning expressions.







“D’you think they would do that?” Harry asked.





“I guess we’re about to find out,” Ginny said. The door opened to reveal Mrs. Weasley, who looked tired but was smiling.







“Hello, dears. Come on in,” she said, standing aside.







The whole kitchen was filled with the whole family.







“What’s going on?” Ginny asked, her voice unbelieving.







“Welcome to your first baby shower,” Hermione said, rushing forward to hug Ginny.







“Ginny, you have to sit down,” Harry said.







“Yes, please. Don’t hurt yourself on our account,” Hermione said. She brought Ginny to the living room and sat her down in the plush recliner Mr. Weasley usually filled.







“Thanks, Hermione,” Ginny said.





“How long have you been planning this?” Harry asked, pulling a chair next to Ginny.





“A few months,” Mrs. Weasley said. Everyone came and sat in the living room filling the sofa, extra chairs and some of the floor.





Ginny gazed around at her family: Fred and George, Bill, Fleur, Ron, Hermione, Mum, Dad, Danielle, Nicole. Tears filled her eyes.





“This is fantastic,” she whispered. “Thank you.”





“Eet waz not a problem,” Fleur said.





“You just sit back and enjoy yourselves,” Mrs. Weasley said. “I’ll even break the rules and bring supper in here for us.”





~*~*~*~*~*~








Ginny quietly sat through her family dinner. She was having some stomach pains. She had reclined in her chair after some dessert, and rubbed her stomach. The pain was dull some moments, and others sharp and very uncomfortable. She wasn’t sure what was going on.







After fifteen minutes of sitting and rubbing her stomach and breathing deep and slow, Ginny was hit with a sudden urge to visit the bathroom. She looked around: everyone seemed to be busy. Hermione was sitting right next to her. She tapped Hermione on the shoulder.







“Yes?” Hermione asked, turning to face Ginny.







“Can you please help me to the bathroom?” Ginny asked, quietly.







“Are you all right?”





“I’m fine.”







Hermione helped Ginny out of her chair. Ginny told Harry she was fine and just needed a bathroom break.







As they made their way up the stairs, Ginny took her time to stop and breath. Hermione kept shooting her glances.





“You’re not okay, are you Ginny?” She asked, supporting Ginny with her shoulder.





“I just need to get to the bathroom, Hermione,” Ginny said sharply.





“Ginny, you need to be honest with me. What’s wrong?”



“I’m just having some pains, that’s all,” Ginny said, her voice misleadingly dismissive.





Hermione was silent as she opened the bathroom door for Ginny. She closed it behind her.





Once in the bathroom, Ginny sat down on the closed toilet, mopping sweat from her forehead. She heard footsteps outside the door, figuring it was just Hermione worrying herself, Ginny hurried to finish her business.







~*~*~*~








Hermione had waited a few seconds before going back downstairs. She had to get Harry.





She reached the bottom stair and called for Harry. He ran over in what seemed like a millisecond.





“What?” he asked.





“Ginny’s having some pains. Harry, I think she’s gone into labor!” Hermione said quickly.





“But she’s not due until…” the realization hit Harry.







“I know she’s due tomorrow, but I think she’ll just be a day or so early. This could also be a start to a very long labor,” Hermione said. She had begun Healer’s training a while ago, but became pregnant with Nicole and dropped out until Nicole was older.





There was a muffled scream from upstairs, Harry and Hermione turned and ran up the stairs, Harry taking them two at a time.







~*~*~*~








As Ginny stood from the toilet, she doubled over in a startlingly sharp pain. She screamed, but realized that once Hermione did not burst in, she must have returned downstairs.







A moment later, the door burst open and Harry rushed in, followed closely by Hermione.





“Ginny! Why didn’t you tell me you were in pain?” Harry said, dropping to his knees. Ginny had slid down the wall and was clutching her stomach.





“I’m sorry! It didn’t get really bad until now,” she began to cry. “Harry, it hurts, it hurts.”





“Ginny, look at me. You need to breath deep and slow,” Hermione instructed. “Harry. You go back down, tell everyone what’s going on, and then send word to your Healer. I’ll stay here with Ginny.”







Harry nodded and kissed Ginny. “It’s going to be alright,” he whispered to her.





Ginny smiled weakly. “I know,” she whispered.





Harry left and bounded down the stairs.







“Do you think you can walk?” Hermione asked. “This

bathroom is little small for this.”





“I can try,” Ginny panted.







Hermione helped Ginny to her feet, and led her down the hall to Ginny’s old room. She sat her on the bed and propped her up with pillows as she laid back.







“Okay. Let’s work on your breathing,” Hermione said. She knelt in front of Ginny and began to coach her.













A/N: DUN DUN DUN!



EDIT: SORRY ABOUT THE FORMATTING! IT"S FIXED NOW
Doubts by AurorGirl101
Author's Notes:
At long last! I can't tell you how excited I am to finally be able to submit this. I have had this chapter sitting on the back burner for so many months I've lost count. I really hope you all enjoy it! So, without further ado...
Harry Potter...Housewife?

Chapter Eleven: Doubts...




“Mrs. Potter! How wonderful!” Healer Peeker greeted Ginny and her entourage at the door of St. Mungo's. A nurse stood smiling next to her with a folder.

“I admit, I wasn’t expecting you but it is a good surprise!”

“Well, I’m just glad you are soo happy,” Ginny said through her teeth. The pain gripping her was almost unbearable while standing.


Obviously unfazed by this remark, the Healer just smiled and grabbed the folder from the nurse. In her years of caring for women, she had heard (and been called) much worse. She knew that the women didn’t mean it, so she didn’t let it affect her.


“This is your nurse for the night, Miss Elizabeth. If you need anything while you’re here, she’s your girl.”


The young nurse stepped forward and took Ginny’s hand. “Call me Lizzy,” she said offering a comforting smile. Ginny tried to return it, but she just groaned.


“Come on, let’s get you settled,” Lizzy said, leading Ginny down the hallway. Healer Peeker and the rest of the Weasleys followed.


“Excuse me, Healer.” Mrs. Weasley stopped the Healer in the middle of the hallway.


“Yes?”


“Is everything alright? ” Molly asked, trying to keep a calm tone in her voice.


Peeker placed her hand on the concerned, older woman’s shoulder. “As soon as your daughter is settled into her room and I do a quick exam, I’ll come and update you all. For now, just have a seat in the waiting room and relax,” Peeker said slowly and calmly.


“Oh, no! I think I will be staying with Ginny,” Molly said, stepping away from the Healer. “Arthur, you and everyone else can go wait in the waiting room and I’ll be out later. Maybe,” she glared at the Healer.


~*~*~*~




Ginny’s room was large and bright and decorated modestly with a few chairs, some artificial flowers and a small dresser.


Ginny was sitting on the edge of her bed, her legs swinging over the side. She had been undressed and changed into a soft hospital gown for at least ten minutes now, breathing and groaning. Lizzy was busying herself with taking Ginny’s vital statistics, and preparing for the birth.


“All right, Ginny. Everything looks great for you and the babies. You can lie back now,”


Ginny did as she was told. Lizzy covered her up to her waist with a light blanket. It had been about fifteen minutes since her last contraction and Ginny knew the next one wouldn’t be for a while.


This gave her time to consider her situation. Not only had she been jolted into labor a whole entire day before she was prepared, she would be coming home with twins. Twins. Every once in a while, this thought would hit her smack in the face and she would have a meltdown. She couldn’t handle this! She tried to remember the thought that had crossed her mind when she and Harry had decided to try to have a baby. What had they been thinking?


She threw her blanket off and sat bolt upright. Harry, who was sitting in the chair next to her bed, rushed to her side.


“What’s wrong?”



“Harry, I can’t do this! I’m not ready for one baby, let alone two!” she panted.


“Ginny, relax. Please. I’m scared too, but that’s not going to help either one of us. Lay back and I’ll go get Lizzy.” He left the room.


He was back in a minute with the nurse.


“Ginny, would you like me to speak with your Healer about some medication?” She asked, concern clouding her face. She knew added stress on the mother was added stress on the babies.


“I…I don’t know,” Ginny whispered. She had relaxed on her pillows; she swiped her hand across her forehead.


“I’ll be right back,” Lizzy said, and left the room.


Healer Peeker and Lizzy returned quickly, Lizzy carrying a vial of blue liquid.


“Mrs. Potter, you need to relax. This is a normal thing to go through, and I believe you and Harry are more than capable to handle this situation. Lizzy has some medication that will relax you and relieve any pain you are having. Unfortunately, it will slow the labor process considerably. Nevertheless, by you being stressed, it stresses the babies and the more stress on them, the more likely there will be complications with the birth. Just take this-“


“Ginny! Are you all right? There was running and medicine and…what is going on?” Molly had burst through the door, and now stood frozen in place. The scene before her of Lizzy handing Ginny a vial of blue medication was what she had feared. Ginny and the babies were in trouble!


“Molly, please. Ginny is just having some doubts, and the Healer is giving her some medicine to help her relax so she doesn’t hurt the babies,” Harry said, placing his arm around Molly’s shoulder.



“Oh, dear. Ginevra, why do you doubt? I wouldn’t be surprised if you were a better mother than I was!” She moved to her daughter’s side. After a few moments of consolation and whispers from Molly, Ginny took the vial and swallowed the potion inside. A warm, calm feeling spread through her quickly, and she felt the pain, which had been building, slowly disappear.



~*~Six hours later~*~





Ginny relaxed against her stack of pillows as another contraction ebbed away slowly. She let out a sigh and ran her fingers through her sweat-dampened, tangled red hair. Her medicine had worn off about two hours ago, and she felt renewed and anxious to get the process moving again. And, oh, how quickly it had gone! Healer Peeker had instructed her to walk around her room a bit when her medication wore off, but it didn’t last long. The pain returned full force and Ginny couldn’t bear to stand.


Her family could only see (and hear) her reactions to the pain. With each contraction, Ginny would scrunch up her face and breathe in deep breaths. The pain she had felt earlier had only intensified with the passing hours. By the time she had hit the six-hour mark, she was groaning with each contraction, now four to five minutes apart.


Ginny looked at the people who surrounded her bed and lined the walls of her room. Everyone here loved her and wouldn’t be here if they didn’t. She smiled as she realized the love her children would be surrounded with.


Her thoughts were broken as a strong contraction gripped her again, about three minutes sooner than she had expected.


“Ginny? What’s wrong?” Harry asked, grasping her hands.


“Contraction,” she groaned.


“Already?” Hermione asked disbelievingly.


“No, Hermione. April Fools!” Ginny yelled. At this outburst, Fred and George howled with laughter.


“Ginny, don’t you know it’s October?” Ron said honestly.


“Get OUT!” Ginny screeched. They hung their heads to hide their laughter and exited quickly.


“We’d better go and get Peeker,” Hermione said, and she started to walk out. Ron followed with Danielle, and Bill and Fleur with Nicole.


Mrs. Weasley patted Harry’s back as he tried to comfort Ginny.


“Good luck you two,” she said, her eyes teary.


“We are very proud of you, and we love you,” Mr. Weasley said, stepping forward.


“Thanks, Dad,” Ginny whispered. Reluctantly, they left.


The door clicked shut only to be opened a few seconds later.


Healer Peeker came smiling into the room.


“How are you feeling, Mrs. Potter?” she asked, picking up Ginny’s medical chart from the bedside table.


Ginny tried to control her sarcasm, but failed miserably.


“I’m fantastic,” she grumbled.


“That’s what I like to hear,” Peeker said. She pulled the curtains around Ginny’s bed.


”We’re going to set up for the babies, all right? You just breathe easy and in a few more minutes, we are going to have a baby! Or babies I should say,”


The attempted humor was lost on Ginny as she struggled through her contractions. Peeker asked Harry to put on a paper gown.


Three nurses, including Lizzy, entered the room next, pushing small rolling tables and carrying blankets. Peeker was next to gown up, adding gloves and a silly paper hat to her getup.



“Okay, Mum. We have about a minute before the next contraction. When it comes, take a deep breath and push, push, push! The nurses are going to help you by holding your feet up and counting backwards from ten. When she reaches one, deep breath again and push.” Ginny nodded. She reached for Harry’s hand and met his eyes. They were filled with excitement and unease.


Probably afraid of what he’s going to see, Ginny thought. She rubbed her thumb on his hands and smiled at him.


“Harry, just hold Ginny’s hand and talk to her, okay?” Peeker instructed.


Ginny remembered a passage in the book her Mum had given her. She had taught herself during her bed rest to enter a place of concentration. All that mattered was the Healer’s orders. She grasped Harry’s hand, and closed her eyes. She felt the nurses lift her feet, and Harry talked softly to her. She breathed deeply and closed her eyes.


“Ten, nine, eight, seven…”



End Notes:
So? Was it worth waiting for? I really hope so! I think this is some of my best work. Please take some time and tell me what you thought. Sadly, the next chapter will be the last of this story. But do not fear, you will be seeing much more of Anna Leah and Zairah. Very soon, I hope. Thank you so much for reading!!

PS: Make sure you give a big round of applause to the mods for their WONDERFUL FANTASTIC FABULOUS MAGICAL SUPER-DUPER PERFECT work on upgrading the site. Without them you wouldn't be reading this note right now. Thank you mods! You're the best.
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=64009