Barely Hanging On by Becca
Summary: HBP SPOILERS!!! DON'T READ IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE BOOK AND YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS!!!
Ginny reflects on her and Harry. She feels heartbroken and can't get over him. She's mad at him for hurting her and leaving her like he did. Takes place from the end of the funeral to the day after Bill and Fleur's wedding. This is to Kelly Clarkson's 'Behind These Hazel Eyes'. Enjoy!!! ^_^

Categories: Harry/Ginny Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1585 Read: 1881 Published: 02/24/07 Updated: 03/02/07

1. Behind These Hazel Eyes by Becca

Behind These Hazel Eyes by Becca
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer: I do NOT own anything of Harry Potter nor do I own the song in this fic. The ONLY thing I own is the plot!!! Thank you and enjoy! ^_^

Seems like just yesterday
You were a part of me
I used to stand so tall
I used to be so strong
Your arms around me tight
Everything, it felt so right
Unbreakable, like nothin' could go wrong


Ginny Weasley choked on a sob as she watched Harry Potter walk away from her. She closed her eyes as she remembered the past several weeks they spent together as a couple. Everything had been going so great. She had felt amazing. But then he had to go and break it off with the fact that she could get hurt. But guess what, she didn't care! She just wanted Harry back.

Now I can't breathe
No, I can't sleep
I'm barely hanging on


The summer had arrived and Ginny and Ron went back to the Borrow. Everyone had been moping around the house since Dumbledore's death. The only one who seemed to be in semi good spirits was Fleur, who was very optimistic about her fast approaching wedding. Ginny had been worse off then the rest of them. Though Harry was with his aunt and uncle, he constantly plagued Ginny whether she was asleep or not. It was awful. She should be trying to get over him, but nothing seemed to keep her mind off of her messy haired hero.

Here I am, once again
I'm torn into pieces
Can't deny it, can't pretend
Just thought you were the one
Broken up, deep inside
But you won't get to see the tears I cry
Behind these hazel eyes


She thought about him constantly. She thought about the way he held her, kissed her, talked to her. The few weeks they'd been together had been heaven. Everything had been great, all until Dumbledore died. She didn't blame the old man for what had happened between them, but she couldn't help but be a little annoyed with it. If it weren't for his death, then Harry wouldn't have come to the conclusion that it was safer that they weren't together. It annoyed her to no end. She blamed the majority of their break up on Voldemort though. Without Voldemort, then no one would be in danger and she could still be with Harry.

I told you everything
Opened up and let you in
You made me feel alright
For once in my life
Now all that's left of me
Is what I pretend to be
So together, but so broken up inside


He arrived a day after his seventeenth birthday. He looked even more handsome then he had when they parted ways at the train station at the end of the school year. She forced a smile onto her face when he greeted her as he walked through the front door. They hugged quickly and then he went off to greet her brother and Hermione, who had arrived several days before. Harry seemed to be carrying on just fine without her. Ginny laughed at something he said at dinner. Only Hermione had noticed it was hallow and forced. Only she seemed to catch onto the fact that her outside appearance was an act, a façade to hide how she really felt.

'Cause I can't breathe
No, I can't sleep
I'm barely hangin' on


That night she tossed and turned, unable to sleep. It seemed more difficult to do so now that Harry slept only a few rooms away. Hermione sat up a while with her in an attempt to keep her company. She eventually fell asleep, leaving Ginny to herself. She didn't expect her friend to sacrifice sleep on her account. Merlin knew they all needed it. Harry, Ron, and Hermione were leaving to find the remaining Hurcrux's after Bill and Fleur's wedding. Ron and Harry didn't want Ginny going, but she was going to sneak off behind them anyway. When they were far enough away she'd reveal herself and they'd have no choice but to take her with them. It would be hard being so close to Harry, but it would be worth it.

Here I am, once again
I'm torn into pieces
Can't deny it, can't pretend
Just thought you were the one
Broken up, deep inside
But you won't get to see the tears I cry
Behind these hazel eyes


It seemed more and more people were dieing over the following days because of Voldemort. It was dangerous just to walk down the street at night or go to the market at any time of the day. Muggles suffered major losses, whole houses being attacked in the early hours of the morning or late at night. Harry seemed more and more eager to leave.

The day of the wedding came. Fleur and Bill were married at a church not too far from the Borrow. The reception was held at the Borrow. Ginny sat alone as she watched various couples dancing, Hermione and Ron among them. Harry sat next to her, smiled weakly.

"Hey Gin'," he said, moving so they were facing each other. "How're you?"

"Could be better," Ginny replied glumly.

"There's no hard feelings between us, right?" Harry asked.

"Of course not," Ginny forced yet another smile onto her face, if only to make him leave her alone again. "We're still friends."

"Good," Harry grinned, oblivious to the fact that she was really screaming inside. He picked up her hand and kissed her knuckles and then stood. "I'll see you around. I'm going to go congratulate Bill."

Ginny nodded numbly as he walked away. A tear slipped down her cheek, which she roughly brushed away. She wouldn't cry for him.

Swallow me then spit me out
For hating you, I blame myself
Seeing you it kills me now
No, I don't cry on the outside
Anymore...


She felt like someone had punched her in the gut. Harry was dancing with Fleur's little sister, though he did look uncomfortable. Ginny was dancing with some boy who was distantly related to Fleur. He was holding her far too close for comfort. She wanted to throw up. His hand kept drifting to her bottom, Ginny continuously pulling it back up, throwing glares up at the grinning boy. He didn't understand much English. She wanted to scream again. She wanted Harry to dance with her, to hold her, and to kiss her again. Just like before.

Here I am, once again
I'm torn into pieces
Can't deny it, can't pretend
Just thought you were the one
Broken up, deep inside
But you won't get to see the tears I cry
Behind these hazel eyes


She cried herself to sleep that night. Hermione had tried to comfort her as they were getting ready to go to bed, but she didn't help much despite the effort. She woke up early the next morning. Hermione wasn't in her bed. She dressed and went downstairs, not seeing the letter on her nightstand. Her mother was cooking breakfast, father at the table reading the Daily Prophet. Everyone had gone home late the night before. Fred and George were in the other room talking between themselves. She didn't hear any sound coming from upstairs. She frowned as her mother set food down on the table, called Fred and George in for breakfast.

"Where's Hermione, Ron, and Harry?" she asked, her frown deepening. Everyone froze. Ginny looked between her parents and older brothers. She was missing something. Fred frowned at her.

"They're gone Ginny," he said. "Left late last night. You were asleep."

"Harry said he left a note for you," Mrs. Weasley stated.

"He didn't want to wake you," Mr. Weasley explained.

She wanted to scream again. Tears sprung to her eyes. She jumped from her seat and sprinted back to her room. She slammed her door shut and jumped onto her bed, screamed into her pillow. Then she cried. She didn't know how long she lay there crying. He stomach grumbled loudly as she turned onto her side. She ignored it. She didn't want to go back downstairs, didn't want to face her family. She saw an envelope addressed to her sitting on her nightstand. She picked it up with shaking hands, slowly opened it. Tears came to her eyes yet again and slid down her cheeks as she read it.

My Dearest Ginny,

I know you're mad at me. First I break up with you, then I leave you behind. I know you wanted to come with us but it's too dangerous. We all care too much for you to allow to you put yourself in this kind of danger. You are the best thing that ever happened to me Gin'. I know we're young, but I know we're meant to be. The weeks we spent together had been amazing. I hope you can forgive me for breaking up with you. It was for the best though. And when this is all over and Voldemort is gone forever, I'll come back for you. I'll miss you Ginny. Remember that. I will come back to you no matter what. Always remember that I love you. Don't ever forget it. One day we will be together again and nothing will stop it.

Love Always,

Harry Potter


Here I am, once again
I'm torn into pieces
Can't deny it, can't pretend
Just thought you were the one
Broken up, deep inside
But you won't get to see the tears I cry
Behind these hazel eyes


"I love you too, Harry," Ginny whispered, tears streaming down her face, falling onto the parchment. "I'll always love you."



This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=64397