Snow White Love by FlightofthePhoenix
Summary: Elizabeth has lost a lot of love in the world, could James Lee Jordan and a little winter time help bring her back and give her a little hope for the future?
Categories: Other Pairing Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1665 Read: 1586 Published: 03/18/07 Updated: 03/21/07

1. Falling Snowflakes by FlightofthePhoenix

Falling Snowflakes by FlightofthePhoenix
Snow White Love


Elizabeth Weasley twirled around in the snow, delighted at how the snowflakes melted as soon as they touched the tip of her tongue. She pulled her multi-coloured scarf around her neck and laughed happily as she tripped over a root poking its way out of the snow, and landed in the snow.

She moved her arms and legs repeatedly and stood to examine the snow angel she had made.

“Never really worked for me, that did,” said an amused voice from behind her. “Although, that may have something to do with the fact that you always seem to it to make it look like a devil with your pretty, little wand.”

Elizabeth swung round and stared accusingly at James Lee Jordan, also know as Jamie the Class Clown. Jamie was the grandson of Lee Jordan, a best friend of Elizabeth’s grandfather’s brothers Fred and George.

She pretended to look innocent, but couldn’t hide the guilty grin that formed on her face.
“Okay, you got me,” she said, holding her hands up in surrender.

Jamie held out his hand and she looked at him curiously. He took her hand and she blushed.

“May I accompany you to the swing, my dear?” he asked with a fake accent.

She laughed and allowed him to pull her gently to the frozen swing set. He dried the ice of the seat before she sat and he pushed the swing slightly.

“Higher,” she said happily and he obeyed, pushing her harder so she swung higher in the air.
She poked her tongue out and caught a few snowflakes on her tongue again. The snow melted into the most pure water she had ever tasted. She was captivated by the beauty of the Burrow’s garden. Fairies lit the bushes that surrounded the garden and she could hear them giggling as they watched her and Jamie. Snow covered the entire ground except for the pathway she had cleared for easier walking in the garden.

The snowflakes fell and landed on her long, dark eyelashes and she shook them off. She laughed with happiness.

“Come on Jamie, higher!” she insisted, craning her head to get a good look at him.

He sighed, but did as he was told and pushed her higher on the swing. With a grin, he caught the swing he pulled it back far enough that it caused an unsuspecting Elizabeth to topple forwards and land in the snow.

Jamie cracked up and held his aching ribs in laughter. Elizabeth glared at him with hazel brown eyes and thought different and placed a smile on her face. She held out her hand and Jamie stopped laughing.

“Jamie, would you help me up?” she asked, with false sweetness.

The boy blushed a light pink but Elizabeth hardly noticed. Her plan was in action. Jamie took her hand and started to pull her to her feet.

Elizabeth pulled Jamie down and he fell face first into the snow. Jamie froze as he heard Elizabeth giggling then breaking into laughter. He turned red and rolled over on his back.

“Very funny Eliza,” he said, using her nick name. “Or should I call you Beth?”

She shrugged and said, “Either is good.”

They lay in the snow for hours, just talking about different things. The whole Weasley family was coming for Christmas. She sighed. It would be the first Christmas without her sister and mother. Sarah Weasley had been her older sister. She had been the first Weasley not in Gryffindor in centuries. In her first year she had been placed in Ravenclaw. Elizabeth wasn’t in Ravenclaw, she was in Gryffindor.

Sarah graduated and got a part time job at St Mungo’s a few months before she had been killed. An escaped mental patient from the Permanent Spell damage ward had used an unknown spell on her and sent her into a coma.

Healers just couldn’t bring her out of it. Elizabeth’s parents had decided to let her die in peace. They stopped giving her potions and she died three days later. Elizabeth had never been to a funeral before, let alone one for a family member. She had cried for a week after they buried Sarah. She was an only child now.

Her mother, Marie had been a different situation. After Sarah’s death, she didn’t want to believe that she was really dead. She did everything she could. She studied resurrection and necromancy, she tried making potions and inventing spells but nothing worked. She refused to believe that nothing could raise the dead. One day one of her invented spells went wrong and caused the Drawing Room to collapse, killing her instantly.

Elizabeth, even with the support of her large family, was never the same. She wasn’t the perky little girl who always wanted other’s business to be hers. She spent most of her time minding her own business and reading books, wanting to fill her sister’s large shoes she had left. She had been so happy when she managed to beat Sarah’s Charms record for her Final Exam in her second year when Sarah only set it in her fourth. Her father had been so proud of her the day he found out. He had taken her out to dinner in congratulations.

Elizabeth moaned and Jamie sat up, looking over at her in curiosity. Her lips had turned blue and were sealed tight. Her arms were stuck to her sides and legs motionless. He fought the urge to laugh. She moaned again.

“Your lips are stuck together?” he guessed and she nodded with difficulty in response. “And you’re frozen and can’t move? He added.

He felt a laugh coming, but he stopped “Hmm,” he said thoughtfully. “I’ll go and get help.”
He started to get up but she shook her head, moaning again.

“Hmmmmmm,” she murmured. “Mrmmm,”

He stopped. Sighing, he sat back down next to her. He tapped his foot and scratched his head with one finger. His eyes grew wide as he thought of an idea. He blushed red and bent over, wrapped his arms around her and held her close. Eliza turned as red as a tomato but she soon realised what he was doing. Body heat. If he could heat her up, it might be enough to get her moving again.

A few minutes later, Elizabeth relaxed in his grip and he pulled away. She missed his warmth but there were other things to worry about. Her lips were stuck frozen. She pulled him towards her and kissed him. They stood there, freezing cold in the snow, lips to lips. His lips warmed her frozen ones.

After a few moments, she pulled back with a gasp. “Thanks,” she said, breathless.

He sat on the bench next to one of the bushes with fairies in it. They giggled and flew over to Eliza. It took ten of them to pull her over to bench and force her to sit.

“You know,” Jamie stopped but Eliza gestured for him to continue. “That was rather nice.” He blurted out, blushing furiously. She nodded in agreement and turned just as red. They sat there for a few moments, as what he said caught up with the both of them. Elizabeth turned to face him, breathing fast.

“Jamie?” she asked quickly.

He faced her and was taken by surprise as she took his head in her hands and placed her lips on his. Jamie felt Eliza’s mouth part and her tongue slid into his mouth. His lips tingled and he pulled her into him, embracing her tightly.

An elderly Hermione Weasley stood at the kitchen sink, washing the dishes the Muggle way. She dropped the plate when she happened to raise her eyes to the fogged up window and see her thirteen-year-old granddaughter. She gestured for her husband Ron, who was reading the Daily Prophet at the worn table, to come over. His mouth dropped as he reached the window. He frowned.

“She’s only thirteen!” he protested angrily but Hermione placed a finger on his lips.
He started for the wooden door that led out into the cold but Hermione took his hand and held him back.

“Ronald, she’s been through so much,” she pleaded. “Just let her have a little happiness, I mean, look at her!”

He looked carefully at his granddaughter and James ‘Jamie’ Lee Jordan. True, she did look happy, although he couldn’t see her face due to the fact that Jamie was still kissing her.

“Looks like he’s eating her face,” he remarked, snorting loudly causing Hermione to smack him hard on the shoulder, frowning deeply.

“I remember you doing the same with a Miss Lavender Brown,” she reminded him and he growled and Hermione turned her back to him.

“Hermione!” he whined, turning red in the face. “I thought we said we’ll never speak of that again!”

Hermione faced him again and pecked him on the cheek and hugged him tightly.

“Don’t worry, you’re a much better kisser now,” she whispered in his ear and they laughed.
The two elderly people’s moment was interrupted by Jamie and Elizabeth stumbling into the Burrow, lips stuck together.

Elizabeth pulled out her wand and pointed it in the air. Fiery words appeared in the air and Ron and Hermione squinted as they read it. It was harder without their glasses.

Help, our lips are frozen together!

Hermione and Ron couldn’t help but laugh at the situation the two had got themselves into, but helped them kindly. Once unstuck, Elizabeth and Jamie wandered out on the veranda and watched as snow white love fell from the sky and stuck itself in the two’s hair and on their eyelashes. Jamie caught a few on his tongue. Elizabeth smiled broadly and snuggled closer to Jamie, happy at finding more love in the world.
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=65180