Dear Ron by Ronsgrl95
Summary:
Hermione is dying and writes Ron a letter. Will he be able to say goodbye to the one girl he loves?



Short but sad. Please read!

Categories: Ron/Hermione Characters: None
Warnings: Book 7 Disregarded, Character Death
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 2 Completed: Yes Word count: 2024 Read: 5317 Published: 05/14/07 Updated: 06/16/07

1. Chapter 1: The Letter by Ronsgrl95

2. Chapter 2: Seeing Hermione by Ronsgrl95

Chapter 1: The Letter by Ronsgrl95
Author's Notes:
Thanks for reading!

I don't own Ron, Hermione, Molly, or any of the HP chracters.
"Do not accept death in vain, but in acceptance of death itself.”









“Ron, honey, a letter is here for you,” Mrs. Weasley said as she gave a small letter to her youngest son.





Ron grabbed it from her with the same sad look that has been on his face for weeks now.





“Uh…I’m gonna go upstairs for a little while,” He mumbled while clutching the small piece of parchment.





“But Ron, you didn’t even eat!” Molly said.





“Not hungry,” he answered.





He climbed the staircase that led to the upstairs and made his way to his room. He sat down and unrolled the piece of paper. He immediately knew who it was from- he could tell from the writing.





It was from Hermione.





He didn’t understand how she could have written it without him knowing. He had been at the hospital every day that week and never left until she was finally asleep late at night.





Just thinking about what the letter said made his stomach churn.





It had been a hectic month. The war was finally over, and everyone made it out alive-except for Voldemort. Harry had destroyed him with everything he had. Hermione had been hospitalized for 3 weeks now and was told she would die in less than 2 months. She has been tortured with the Cruiciatus curse by Bellatrix and was so hurt from it that she had little life left inside her body.





Ron visited her every day and stayed all day. They had gotten together right after their 6th year and had been dating for only a few months. Everyone seemed happy except for Ron. They didn’t know how he felt. They didn’t know that he was hurting inside.





Ron signed and focused on the letter, ready for whatever was going to be written on it.





Dear Ron,





First I want to tell you how much I love you. You are the greatest thing that has ever happened to me. I think you have actually kept me alive longer.





That brings me to what I want to say to you.





I’m dying. I don’t want to leave you. We have known each other for so long, and I can’t live without you. I’m so sorry for all of the pain I have caused you. I feel really bad. You sit by my bedside everyday and talk to me about everything. I really appreciate it. I love it when you and I talk about Harry and ourselves back at Hogwarts.





I wish I could go back to that time and do so many things differently. I want to go back and do something to prevent this from happening.





I’m sorry that we can’t do all of the things we wanted to do together. I was looking forward to spending my life with you on earth until I was old and aged.





But my time has come early.





I don’t want you to be angry. I don’t want you to think that you can’t go on living your life. You can. I’m still going to be with you. Maybe not literally here on Earth, but in your heart. I will always be with you. You will always be with me. My love will never die for you. I will always be with you.





It seems that everything has happened so quickly. I know that the war was a month ago and I found out that I’m dying 2 weeks ago, but I want to go back and fix everything.





Do you remember when we were in our fourth year at Hogwarts and we had the Yule Ball? Do you remember Krum? I bet you do, it wasn’t that long ago. You know, I never really liked him that much. I never told you, but now I wish I did. We could have been together longer. I’m sorry about that too.





I love you so much. You have always stood by me and helped me through tough times. We have had our doubts but we have always had an understanding.





Ron, I want you to promise me one thing when I leave. I want you to promise me that you will never forget all the times that we have had together. It would mean the world to me if you would do that one thing for me. You have already done so much, but I need you to do this for me.





You keep telling me that it’s going to be okay, and I believe you. I always believe you. It will be okay. You’re going to be okay, Ron. There’s a lot of pain in both of our hearts, and there always will be pain, but you need to know that I’m not leaving you for good. You’re time will come when you’ll be lying in a tiny hospital room waiting for the day when your life leaves your body. I don’t want you to think of it as a bad thing, because it’s not.





Just please don’t forget about me.





Ron, I love you. I will always love you.





Love,





Hermione






Ron swallowed hard and took in a deep breath. He was trembling. Reading those words of Hermione’s made his heart break even more.





“Hermione, I will never forget about you. Never,” he whispered under his breathe.


I love you.”





He stood up, rolled the paper back together, and made his way downstairs. He was going to visit Hermione like he did every day, but he was going to be in a better mood. He was going to show happiness in Hermione’s presence. He wasn’t going to let the sadness take over him.





Hermione was right, he was going to be OK.


Chapter 2: Seeing Hermione by Ronsgrl95
Author's Notes:
Thanks for reading! Be sure to get out your tissues!
Chapter 2 Seeing Hermione


Yeah when I get where I'm going,
there'll be only happy tears.
I will shed the sins and struggles,
I have carried all these years.
And I'll leave my heart wide open,
I will love and have no fear.
Yeah when I get where I'm going,
Don't cry for me down here...

From "When I Get Where I'm Going" by Brad Paisley and Dolly Parton.



Ron walked along the hallways of St. Mungo’s like he did every day. He held the note in his hand and held it tightly. He made his way to room 128, and knocked on the door.

“Hello?” a small voice came from inside.

“Hermione, it’s me,” Ron said, he started to open the door.

He walked into the bland hospital room and smiled when he saw the love of his life, Hermione. She didn’t look like Hermione, though. Her face was frail and gaunt. She had lost tons of weight and was very weak. Ron made his way to the bed and took her hand.

“Hey, you’re here early,” Hermione said looking rather tired than usual.

“I wasn’t hungry this morning, so I decided to come up here. Did you just wake up?” Ron asked her. He was thinking of what to say so he could bring up the letter.

“Uh…yeah,” she replied and laid back against her pillows.

“Hermione, Uhh…” he started, trying to find the right words to say.

“Yes, Ron?” she asked with a calm look on her face. Ron thought that maybe she knew what he was trying to say.

“Um…I got a-a letter. From…you,” Ron answered. He felt his eyes become watery. He was going to miss seeing her beautiful face every day.

“Oh. You got it,” she said. She inhaled and bit her bottom lip. She looked down at the bed, too embarrassed to speak. “Ron,” she tried at say, but nothing really came out.

“Hermione, I love you,” Ron said as he felt a single tear come from his eye. He leaned in to plant a kiss on her forehead but she turned away.

“Maybe I shouldn’t have written you that letter. I just…I thought it would be hard to say it to you personally,” she mumbled.

Ron looked at her with a sad look. “No…no it wasn’t that-Hermione, please don’t cry.”

Her big, brown eyes had started to gleam with tears and she finally looked at him in the eye. “I’m sorry. I’m so sorry. I just…I’m afraid of being without you.”

Ron sat on the bed and pulled her up into his arms. “Don’t ever think that you’ll be without me. I’ll always be with you, Hermione. I promise,” he assured her. He stroked her hair and soothed her, trying to hold back his own tears. He knew he was going to be alright, but it was going to be hard.

Hermione calmed down and looked up at him. “Ron, do you promise?”

It took him a second to remember the promise she wanted him to make in the letter. He looked at her and said “Yes, Hermione. I do.”

She took his face in her hand and just smiled her smile that always comforted him. Her eyes started dropping and Ron thought she was falling asleep.

But he thought wrong.

Her hand fell limply to her side and she closed her eyes. Ron cocked his head and whispered, “Hermione? Hermione wake up.”

But she didn’t

He placed her onto her pillows and took her head into his hands. “Hermione, please. Please wake up!” he started yelling.

A healer walked in and said “Sir, quiet down.”

Ron’s face had gone pale. “Please, she won’t wake up,” he said and the healer rushed over to him.

The healer called in help and they all gathered around Hermione’s bed. They brought in bottles and bottles of different potions and tried to figure out what was the matter. Ron had made his way to the outside of the room and sat down on the floor, unable to hold back his grief. He knew that Hermione had probably died in his arms and that he would probably never see her again. He sobbed so loudly that a woman from another room poked her head out to see what the matter was. She just shrugged and walked back into the room.

After about 30 minutes, one of the healers came out of Hermione’s room and walked to Ron. “Sir, we have some bad news. Miss Granger is alive, but it will only be a matter of hours until she passes away,”

Ron looked at him. “Can I see her?”

“Yes.”

He opened the door and slowly walked into the room. Hermione was lying in her bed, looking peaceful. He sat down next to the bed, took her hand, and started to talk to her.

“Hermione, I love you. You are amazing. I’ll never forget you. I will always be with you. Always. I’ll see you again; it will only be a matter of time. I will never stop loving you,” he told her. He could feel her taking in every word before she went. He swore he saw her smile.

He laid his head down next to hers and stared at the beautiful girl that was sleeping so peacefully.

He lied there all day and soon fell asleep next to Hermione. While he was asleep, Hermione passed away.

_~_~_


Ron went on to be a top Auror and was named one of the best in the country. He lived a wonderful life and when the day that Hermione had already experienced came, he was ready.

He was ready to see Hermione again and to live the rest of eternity with her. She was always in his heart and never forgot the times they spent together. Ron laid on the same bed that Hermione once did and fell into a deep sleep.

When he woke up, he saw Hermione’s beautiful face smiling at him.

He was finally with Hermione again. And that would last forever.

Done

~_~_~_~


Thanks for reading! Please review!
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=67283