Will they get it back? by honeydukes6
Summary: Ron and Hermione forgot about love. But life without love is exhausting. Will they get it back?
Categories: Ron/Hermione Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1136 Read: 1838 Published: 05/18/07 Updated: 05/30/07

1. Will they get it back? by honeydukes6

Will they get it back? by honeydukes6
Author's Notes:
I don't own Harry Potter and I don't own the lyrics of the song 'In God's hands' by Nelly Furtado
This was it. The war was over. She couldn’t believe it. They won. They won. They won! She repeated the words over and over in her head, as it was so hard for her to believe them. But it was true. It was over. Harry had defeated Voldemort. Hermione looked at some of the members of the Order, who were now standing next to Harry and looking down at Voldemort’s dead body. A part of her wanted to join them but another part stopped her. She had to find out first.

I looked at your face
I saw that all the love had died
I saw that we had forgotten to take the time

Where was he? Where was Ron? Hermione started walking and could immediately feel herself getting worried. He had been right behind her, when Harry killed Voldemort. While she was walking, she saw some other members of the Order capturing the Death Eaters who were still alive. They were too shocked that their Master was dead that they didn’t even fought back. “Hermione! You ok?” She heard someone yell at her. It was Ron. Thank god. She turned around and looked at his face. He was smiling, but she immediately saw that the smile didn’t reach his eyes and when she flung herself at him, she realised how much this war had changed them.

I, I saw that you couldn’t care less about what you do
You couldn’t care less about the lies
You couldn’t find the time to cry

Hermione awoke with tears in eyes. ‘Oh not again,’ she thought. It was the same every morning. She knew there was a time when she didn’t wake up crying, but she just couldn’t remember it. Ever since the war had ended, she had dreamt about that night. Every night, she relived it. And every morning, she woke up crying.
In the next room, Ron woke up and heard her crying. It was the same every morning. He looked over at the woman who was sleeping in his arms. He had no idea what her name was. He never knew what their names were. It was the same every morning.

We forgot about love
We forgot about faith
We forgot about trust
We forgot about us

Voldemort had ruined so much for them. ‘Yes,’ Hermione thought, ‘he was dead. And yes, the war was over.’ But so were their lives. It had been 6 months since the war was over and in those 6 months, everything had changed. Ginny was dead. Neville was dead. They both died of their injuries. When Ginny died, Harry had completely lost it and had to be taken to St. Mungo’s. He was still there. Ron had dramatically changed. After his sister died and his best friend was taken to St. Mungo’s, he had picked up a new lifestyle. It seems that he wanted to forget everything that had happened. He never went to visit Ginny’s grave or Neville’s grave, he never went to visit Harry and every night he went to the bar, where he would get drunk and would hook up with a girl.

And now our love’s floating out the window
Our love’s floating out the backdoor
Our love’s floating up in the sky and Heaven,
where it began, back in God’s hands

When they had been searching for the Horcruxes, Hermione thought, she and Ron knew there was something between them. And they knew that they had to put it on hold during the war. But when the search continued and 2 years of war had passed, they just forgot about love. And after the war, they were suffering.

You said that you had said all that you had to say
You said baby, it’s the end of the day

We gave a lot
But it wasn’t enough
We got so tired
That we just gave up

When Hermione heard laughter coming out of Ron’s room, she quickly went out of bed and got dressed, making as much noise as she could so she wouldn’t have to listen to the sounds coming out of Ron’s room. She felt tired. Every morning she felt tired. The dreams and the crying were exhausting. Life without love was exhausting.
When Ron had said goodbye to the woman, he went back to bed. He felt tired. Hangovers were exhausting. Life without love was exhausting.

Now our love’s floating out the window
Our love’s floating out the backdoor
Our love’s floating up in the sky and Heaven,
where it began, back in God’s hands, back in God’s hands

We didn’t respect it
We went and neglected it
We didn’t deserve it
But I never expected this

Hermione knew that the war would change them. She knew a war changed a person. But she never expected that her life would change so much. She never expected Ginny and Neville to die, she never expected Harry to have to suffer so much, she never expected Ron to change so much, that they would change so much. She knew she neglected her feelings. It wasn’t important. Love wasn’t important right now.
Ron knew that the war would change them. He knew a war changed a person. But he never expected that his life would change so much. He knew he neglected his feelings. It wasn’t important. Love wasn’t important right now.

Our love floated out the window
Our love floated out the backdoor
Our love floated up in the sky to Heaven,
it’s part of the plan, it’s back in God’s hands, back in God’s hands

Hermione knew everything would work out alright. They just had to go through their suffering. Everything would work out fine. She was sure. Someday they will all feel better. When the time was right, they would get their lives back. She would make sure.
‘I want it back,’ she thought. ‘Just what we had,’. And maybe then, she and Ron could try it again.
Ron knew that eventually they would all be fine. They just had to. They weren’t ready for it right now, but they would be. He would make sure. ‘I want it back,’ he thought. ‘Just what we had,’. And maybe then, he and Hermione could try it again.

Oh, it didn’t last
It’s the thing of the past
No, I didn’t understand
Oh, just what we had
Oh, I want it back
Just what we had
I want it back
Oh, just what we had

In both rooms, the same whispering was heard: ‘We will get it back,’



The end
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=67415