Harry Potter and the Unexpected End by Kailyn
Summary: Running from Voldemort wasn’t as easy as it looked; sure, I’ve been doing it for the past fifteen years, but somewhere down the line I’m not going to be so lucky.
Categories: Dark/Angsty Fics Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1455 Read: 1440 Published: 12/18/04 Updated: 12/18/04

1. Unlucky Six by Kailyn

Unlucky Six by Kailyn
Running from Voldemort wasn’t as easy as it looked; sure, I’ve been doing it for the past fifteen years, but somewhere down the line I’m not going to be so lucky. Everyone expects me to be some great hero, when I did nothing at all; my mother saved my life, and it just so happened that by doing that, I saved a lot of others. So why should they all await things from me that I’m probably incapable of doing? Oh, it might be because I’m Harry Potter.

My life has been doomed from the start. A wizard born to defeat all evil there was in this world, everyone seems to drop like flies around me, not meaning to be disrespectful about it of course. My parents died saving me from Voldemort, my mother sacrificing her life for mine, defending me against the evilest and dark wizard of this century. My friend Cedric Diggory didn’t exactly die defending me, but he died next to me so it’s pretty much the same. The latest to have died because of me would have to be my godfather, Sirius Black; I had only met him two years before that as well. How long would it be until I had no one left? Not long considering that I have to defeat Voldemort in a couple of hours, well, I’m expected to any way; I’m pretty sure that I will be defeated and my name will only be remembered as the boy who died and ruined our lives. So as you can see, I haven’t had such a fantastic life.



Harry Potter was waiting for word as to whether Voldemort was on his way to the school. Dumbledore had told him that he had decided to have a final showdown with Harry and was desperate to kill him, no matter who was watching. Harry wasn’t all right with this though, he knew it was his “destiny” to protect the entire wizarding world from Voldemort, but he wasn’t sure if he really wanted to die at the age of sixteen. He had always considered the possibility of running away, but Voldemort would find him, so apart from that he couldn’t think of anything else that could get him out of it … This was how it was meant to be.

‘Harry, he’s coming,’ said Dumbledore sadly.

Harry couldn’t understand why he was sad, it wasn’t him that had to fight Voldemort. Nope, no one could do this but Harry; it said so in his very own prophecy: … either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives …

So he was stuck with this no matter how many times he wished for a normal life; though he could never have had that, even if Voldemort was supposed to mark someone else as his equal.

‘You’re not alone, Harry, we’re here for you,’ said Lupin.

‘AND HOW LONG FOR?! SIRIUS SAID THE SAME DAMN THING AND LOOK WHERE HE IS!,’ Harry roared.

‘The little baby’s having a dummy spit is he?’ said a high-pitched, cold voice.

Harry spun around; standing at the door was none other than Lord Voldemort. He was the same as Harry remembered him, Really tall with long white fingers, red, cat like eyes and a flat nose. He walked towards Harry, probably thinking that this was the end to all problems, for him. Harry, of course, had different ideas.

‘The little baby’s going to be-rid the world of serious evil,’ he said, more confident than he felt.

‘There’s too much of that in the world for one little baby to handle,’ said Voldemort, getting out his long wooden wand.

‘I have people to help me handle it,’ he said, taking out his.

‘Funny,’ said Voldemort, ‘I thought I killed the last person you cared for.’

‘No, I think you must be loosing your touch, Voldemort, cause, ah, it wasn’t you who killed Sirius, the person who did that, is dead,’ said Lupin, way more angrily than Harry expected.

‘What?!’ said a lot of people in the room, including both Harry and Voldemort .

‘You’re not the only wizard that can kill, Voldemort,’ said Lupin, ‘I mean, I didn’t do it myself, but she’s definitely dead.’

‘She’s?’ whispers went through the hall again.

‘Bellatrix Lestrange killed an innocent man, so an innocent man killed her,’ said Lupin with a slight smile.

‘Who?’ asked Harry, distracted.

Lupin turned to Dumbledore who said, ‘Something had to be done.’

‘ALL YOU DO IS RUIN MY LIFE AND ALL THAT I HAVE DONE! CAN’T YOU LEAVE THIS BETWEEN ME AND THAT BOY?!’ Voldemort bellowed.

‘If it was always only between you and Harry, Tom, he would still have his parents and his godfather. You can’t yell at me because I stooped down to your level for, I don’t know, a few minutes,’ he said.

Harry saw Dumbledore in a total different light now; he wasn’t only respectable, old but very knowledgeable headmaster of Hogwarts, he was now a murderer.

‘Enough! I’ve had enough! You came here for a fight and that you shall get!’ Harry yelled impatiently.

Dumbledore and Lupin hurried out the way, pulling students with them. Most of the students had ignored Dumbledore when he told the to retreat to their house rooms because there was going to be a final battle to it all; they all hurried around trying to find the most secret place to hide but could still watch what was happening.

‘About time!’ said Voldemort. ‘Avada-’
He didn’t even get time to finish his curse when Harry had jumped in and roared, ‘Expelliarmus!’

Voldemort’s wand flicked out his hands. He looked almost shocked until an evil smile formed on his face.

‘Want to play it that way, Harry Potter?’ he said holding out his hand. His wand just magically appeared into his hand without a word said, ‘You can’t seriously think you can compete with the powers of Lord Voldemort?’

‘What kind of sad loser has to say his own name to command respect?’ said Harry glaring at him, not showing any surprise at his ability to move things with his mind.

‘Crucio!’ Voldemort whispered.

Harry fell to his knees in the most unbelievable pain. The pain was so intense, it was like white hot knives were piercing every inch of his skin, his head was surely going to explode with the pain; he could hear his scream, it was louder than he had ever screamed before. He wanted it to stop, if he could speak at all he would have begged and pleaded for the excruciating pain to disappear.

It stopped. Harry was suddenly aware of what was around him, every little detail of the hall stood out as if it were blazing colours. Harry tried to stand up but found himself too weak to move at all.

‘Had enough, Harry Potter? Ready to give up and see your mother and father once again?’ said Voldemort with a hint of laughter.

‘Never,’ he whispered.

‘What was that?’

‘NEVER!’ he yelled. ‘AVADA KEDAVRA!’

The whole of the hall was filled with the brightest of green Harry had ever seen. He couldn’t see anything through all the gleam, but hoped and wished that it had affected Voldemort in the way it was meant to. It slowly drifted away like a mist, Harry couldn’t see him anywhere.
As the green finally went away, Harry found him lying on the floor. He walked over to the lifeless body and kneeled down. Was this the end? Was Voldemort finally dead? Why hadn’t he thought of this before?

‘Because it didn’t work,’ said Voldemort as if reading his thoughts.



So that’s what happened. Voldemort slowly gained more and more power, soon he had finally conquered over the Ministry of Magic. He hadn’t gotten Hogwarts, not yet anyway; he hadn’t dared returned since the day it happened, and that was at least five years ago. Dumbledore remained strong; he didn’t attempt to get revenge on Voldemort in any way, not like Lupin who landed himself in Azkaban Prison for attempted murder of Minister Voldemort.

But no matter how it happened, I will never forget how loyal my friends were. I just hope that people will never forget the good things I had done; I had beaten the Dark Lord five times, I guess the sixth was unlucky.
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=6818