In The Hands Of A Death Eater by Miss Melody
Summary: Hermione finds herself in the hands of several Death Eaters questioning her on the location of Harry. But one Death Eater cannot bare to just sit back and ask questions.



A/N: Takes place 7th year at Hogwarts, Hermione is 18. Book 6 Disregarded.
Categories: Hermione/Snape Characters: None
Warnings: Abuse, Alternate Universe, Student/Teacher Romance
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 2 Completed: No Word count: 2220 Read: 5221 Published: 06/24/07 Updated: 07/02/07

1. The Disappearing Act by Miss Melody

2. Redemption by Miss Melody

The Disappearing Act by Miss Melody
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter or characters associated with Harry Potter. If I did, I would be rich.

A/N: Book 6 and small facts found in other books may be disregarded.
Hermione awoke at the sound of a crashing in the distance. Other students also seemed to have heard the noise and were making their way out of their beds. Several nights in a row now, students had stayed up late to party; the students leaving were sure to be joining them. The talking seemed to grow louder, and more people seemed to have made it downstairs. Hermione sighed; it didn’t seem like she would be getting to sleep anytime soon. She rolled over to look at her clock.

3:22. In the morning. What the hell? Hermione screamed inside her head. What is so important that it can’t wait for a more reasonable hour? Hermione rolled back over.

Just as she rolled over, Hermione saw a flash run through her door. The flash was Ginny. “Her…mi…one…” Ginny panted out, her gorgeous red hair falling around her face as she halted to a stop. Her eyes were glowing red, showing that Ginny had been crying.

“What’s happening, Ginny?” Hermione’s expression had changed. She was no longer angry at the students downstairs causing commotion; she didn’t care about them. Ginny never freaked out like she was appearing to. Hermione was now worried, more about Ginny than the current events taking place downstairs.

“It’s…it’s…” Ginny’s eyes had now been filled with tears that grazed the rim of her eyes. Ginny shot her head down, apparently ashamed of crying in front of anyone. Hermione climbed out of bed over to Ginny and embraced her in a hug. “It’s Harry.” Ginny let out a small moan as the tears fled from her eyes like a dam being opened for the first time in several years.

“What about Harry?” Hermione’s voice shook as several thoughts flew through her mind. Voldemort has found and taken Harry. He’s going to die. Ginny stood motionless with rivers of tears caressing her cheeks. “Ginny, what happened?”

“I don’t know. All I know is that Harry is missing.” Ginny let out a small sigh and let a few more tears fall before straightening herself up. She wiped the tears from her rosy cheeks and took a deep breath. “Ron went hysterical when he awoke and Harry was gone. His first thought was that You-Know-Who had come. He was very upset that he just slept while Harry got caught. But then … he found Harry’s note. All it said was, 'Must leave. So sorry, pal. “ Harry.' Ron showed it to me. It looked as if Harry was in quite a hurry. Which scares me. Anyway, Ron was so upset that Neville had to go get McGonagall.”

Hermione held back her urge to correct Ginny. Professor McGonagall, her mind sneered. This was no time for her know-it-all remarks. “Even if Ron wasn’t upset, someone needed to get Professor McGonagall.” Hermione’s mind seemed to care about the proper procedure until she turned her attention back to what really matter. “Harry has gone missing!” Hermione hadn’t realized how upset this had really made her until she felt the chilling tears gliding across her cheeks. Harry is one of my best friends. How can he be … missing! It’s impossible. Hermione straightened herself up, trying to show a sense of togetherness, but failing.

Hermione stormed down the stairs to the common room, with Ginny in close pursuit. Just as Hermione and Ginny arrived into the common room, Professor McGonagall was entering the portrait hole.

“Students!” Professor McGonagall was yelling over the worried chatter. “Please return to your rooms. You will be given as much information as possible in the morning. But for now, you must return to your beds and try to get some sleep.”

During McGonagall’s speech, Ron had made his way towards her and was now facing her, explaining the story, Hermione assumed. The expression on his face changed as he went on, from fear to worry to plain sadness.

“Miss Granger and Miss Weasley.” McGonagall’s voice had surprised the girls. They were almost half-way up the stairs when they heard their names being called and came to a halt. “Will you both please come here?” Hermione and Ginny weaved their way back down the stairs and over to McGonagall.

“Yes, Professor McGonagall?” Hermione asked, her voice shaking with the fear and worry that was shown across Ginny’ face.

“I know all of you are very close to Harry,” Professor McGonagall stated, eyeing the trio. “Even so, this gives you no permission to search for him. At all. Under orders of Professor Dumbledore, you may not leave the school and may only walk the grounds with a professor or to attend a class. Is this understood?”

“But, Professor - ” Ron started. He knew it was no use. There had been several times during their seven years at Hogwarts that they had been given this order. Never before had it been given a second thought. He knew there was no difference in the order today.

“Ma’am,” Hermione started. Ron’s face showed surprise. In most cases, Hermione would just say ‘yes, ma’am,’ and be gone. But she wasn’t just … accepting it. “I understand that we can’t go on the grounds. But does this mean that Dumbledore fears it has something to do with You-Know-Who? I mean, Harry left of his own accord, didn’t he? So why would You-Know-Who be involved?”

“Hermione, this is just procedure. Dumbledore believes that You-Know-Who may come after you three seeking information on Harry. Especially now that Harry isn’t here and Dumbledore will be spending time the next few days trying to locate him. Does that explain it?” Professor McGonagall started to look a bit confused herself.
“Yes, ma’am.” Hermione and Ginny said in unison. “We will stay inside the school.” Ginny sighed.

“Now,” McGonagall started, “I know you are very worried for Harry, but we will update you on him soon. Dumbledore believes he knows where Harry has gone and seems to believe it may be best for him to be “missing” for the moment, as You-Know-Who is at large.”

“But, Professor.” Ginny had tears in her once again but still managed to speak. “Does … does this mean that Harry can’t come back until You-Know-Who is gone?”

“No, no. Just until Dumbledore can pull together a few more protection spells. And, of course, Harry’s location. Hogwarts is a very well-protected place, but Dumbledore believes that you can’t be too sure. Now, off to bed.” Professor McGonagall motioned with her hand as she turned to walk out.

Ron said goodnight and headed up the boys’ stairs while Hermione and Ginny headed up the girls’ stairs.

“Hermione,” Ginny said in a sort of whisper. “Do you think that Harry is okay? I mean, why would he just up and leave without telling any of us why?”

“I’m sure he’s fine, Ginny,” Hermione said, trying hard to convince herself of this fact. “But I don’t know why he didn’t tell us. I just don’t know.”
Redemption by Miss Melody
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer: I am not J.K. Rowling, therefore, I do not own the Harry Potter characters.
I love reviews. Just saying.
Draco remembered exactly how he felt when he heard Harry Potter was missing. Joy ran through his veins, and an excitement like none other filled through him. Draco couldn’t help but laugh the moment that Pansy had told him.

That Potter freak is gone. He just up and left in the middle of the night.” Pansy had to suppress giggles every five seconds just to tell him that. Draco had burst into a joyous laughter. Nothing could bring down his mood.

The famous Harry Potter has run away because he is too weak to face his problems. Draco laughed at this thought. So much for being a “brave Gryffindor.”

After realizing what this meant, Draco scurried off to the owlery. He knew he had to send his father an owl, telling him the hilarious news. To Draco’s surprise, though, his father hadn’t found it funny at all. Actually, Lucius Malfoy had found it very annoying.

“Draco, this is no laughing matter. If no one can locate him, don’t you think that includes The Dark Lord? If you don’t straighten up, I will have my way with you…”

The letter went on to say how his father would punish him. The longest bit in the letter, though, was the description of how much of a failure Draco was becoming. Draco couldn’t understand why his father had become so angry, but it didn’t matter. His father was angry, and that’s all that mattered. Draco could remember an exact line from the letter that had burned itself inside Draco’s mind.

“If you continue this way, you will no longer be my son.”

Draco swore he would prove himself worthy. Draco would redeem himself no matter what it took. He would find some way to impress his father.



  • It had been three days since Harry had gone missing. Draco had been watching Hermione and Ron closely for any signs of them feeling weak. Hermione was the only one to show this weakness. As the days had gone on, Hermione was visibly becoming more and more upset, while Ron had seemed to become an angry ball of fire.

    “Hermione, I’m sorry about Pot-head,” Draco grinned. “ I heard that he left because he’d become a coward. You know, he could have already been caught by You-Know-Who.” Draco’s smile became even wider as he watched Hermione’s expression fade between anger and being upset.

    “Shut up, Malfoy.” Ron stepped in front of Hermione, whom now had glistening tears in her eyes. “No one gives a crap what rumors you’re starting.”

    “The sad girl can’t talk for herself? I mean, a ‘powerful’ Mudblood should be able to fight her own battles. Shouldn’t she?” Draco laughed at his own joke as he slid away.

    “You’re just jealous that I get better marks in every class. The fact that you can’t be top of our year because you know a Muggle-born will be beating you for first embarrasses you.” Hermione’s voice quivered. “Won’t your daddy be a bit upset that I, of all people, beat you in class rankings?”

    Draco turned back around. His face was now flaming red. “You … you little …” Draco was at a loss for words. “I ought to …” Draco froze in his place at the sight of Professor McGonagall.

    “Any problems here?” Professor McGonagall stepped in.

    “No, ma’am,” the three chimed in unison. Draco still glared at Hermione for her remarks. Hermione was looking at Professor McGonagall, while Ron watched Draco for any sudden movements.

    “Good. Miss Granger, may I speak with you for a minute in my office?” Professor McGonagall ordered rather than asked.

    “Of course, ma’am,” Hermione replied and walked off with Professor McGonagall in the direction of the Transfiguration classroom. Ron turned and walked away, huffing, still mad at Draco’s comments.

    Draco suddenly realized something. Hermione might be learning something about Harry. Draco’s face lit up. Yet, Ron hadn’t been asked to join them. Draco ignored that thought and figured it’d be no harm to listen in. He strode down the hallway after Hermione and Professor McGonagall.

    “You cannot tell anyone else. Is that understood, Hermione?” Professor McGonagall questioned from inside her classroom.

    “Oh, yes. I completely understand, ma’am. Except, why can’t Ron or Ginny know?” Hermione’s whining voice bothered Draco more than usual.

    “Dumbledore and I realize that you are all close to Harry, but believe you are the one who can … keep it a secret. That’s not saying we don’t trust Ron or Ginny. We were both a bit afraid they might let it slip to a close friend or sibling. It sounds mean, I know. But it’s all for Harry’s protection. We can’t let this information get in the wrong hands. The reason you’re getting to know is because we believe you can assure Ron and Ginny that Harry is fine once you believe it.” Professor McGonagall droned on as Draco drifted in and out.

    “Where is Harry and why, then?” Hermione questioned.

    “I’m afraid I can’t tell you why, but he’s in “ ” Crash! An eruption of items crashing to the ground had sounded from the end of the hallway. Draco turned his head to see a first year that had just slammed into a piece of armor.

    “When Dumbledore feels he is able to, he may explain who Harry is with and why,” Professor McGonagall finished up.

    I missed it, Draco moaned inside his mind. Father would have been so pleased with me. And now, I’ve failed him once again. Draco’s face turned into a frown as he scurried from the Transfiguration classroom. The joy he had felt just moments ago had now been replaced with displeasure. Then, a light bulb went off in his head. I may not be able to tell him the location, but I can tell him who knows.

    With that in mind, Draco hurried off to the dormitory to send his father an owl. Draco knew his father would be pleased with him, so Draco himself was quite pleased.
    This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=68873