Broom Cupboard Confessions by cto10121
Summary: Harry Potter learns how his parents got together...in the most unexpected way. Can't say anymore for fear of giving too much away. A bit of AU, ( all right, I'll admit it, a lot) and the sexual situations warnings for a little bit of kissing. The rating is for sexual innuendos. R&R!!
Categories: Humor Fics Characters: None
Warnings: Alternate Universe, Sexual Situations
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 2 Completed: Yes Word count: 3144 Read: 7751 Published: 06/27/07 Updated: 07/12/07

1. Chapter One-A Trip Down Memory Lane by cto10121

2. Chapter Two-Accidentally Together? by cto10121

Chapter One-A Trip Down Memory Lane by cto10121
Author's Notes:
A/N: My first humor fic! Very short, only going to be two chapters long! Anyways, read, review, and enjoy!

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter *jumps off a cliff*

Chapter One-A Trip Down Memory Lane



Harry was walking down the hallway in number twelve, Grimmauld Place, looking for Remus Lupin, who was staying to help with the cleaning, to express his concerns about Sirius. He was worried about him, or more precisely, worried about his sanity, being stuck at Grimmauld Place and all. After checking the kitchen and several rooms downstairs, Harry gave himself a mental slap when he realized he hadn’t checked Remus’ room upstairs. Shaking his head slightly, wondering whether his residence at number twelve have caused him to lose a bit of his wits, he went upstairs and knocked on his door.



He heard a “Come in,” and then opened the door, to be greeted by a strange sight; Remus Lupin, sitting on his bed, clad in his blue and pink polka-dotted pajamas.



“Oh!” Remus exclaimed. “Sorry, Harry; I thought that it was Nymphadora-”



“Tonks?” Harry was confused.



“Er-I mean-never mind,” Remus finally muttered, blushing furiously. Composing himself, he asked, “So, what brings you here, Harry?”



“I came to talk to you about Sirius,” Harry explained, closing the door behind him. “But if you’re busy-”



“No, no, Harry, not at all,” Remus assured him. “I was merely looking thorough some old memories.” He gestured to the Pensieve that was sitting on Remus’ desk.



Curiosity aroused, Harry asked, “What memory were you watching?”



“Before you arrived? Oh-a memory back in my Hogwarts years,” Remus replied, dismissively, though there was a mischievous spark in his brown eyes. He appeared to hesitate, and then asked, “Have you ever wanted to know how your parents got together?”



Harry nodded, unsure of what this was leading to. Ever since he’d seen Snape’s memory, he had wondered frequently how his parents could have possibly have gotten together, since Lily had, apparently, detested James.



“Well, I could show you the memory, if you‘d like,” Remus offered.



Harry’s heart jumped to his throat, curiosity and excitement bubbling in his stomach.



“You mean it?” Harry asked eagerly.



Remus smiled, sensing Harry’s excitement. “Sure,” he said, as he fished out a bottle from his desk drawer, but before he or Harry could do or say anything else, there came a knock on the door.



“Remus, it’s us,” came Hermione’s voice, and Ron and Hermione came into the room.



“Ron-Hermione-what are you doing here?” asked Harry, puzzled.



“Looking for you, of course,” Hermione answered. “We knew that you were looking for Remus and would eventually search his room. And so here we are!”



“The reason we searched for you was to make sure you weren’t doing anything exciting without us,” Ron added. “We are supposed to be with you, remember?”



“Remus, why are you dressed in your pajamas?” asked Hermione, baffled.



Remus turned pink and muttered something about meeting someone.



“Remus was going to show me the memory of how my parents got together,” Harry explained.



“Wicked!” Ron exclaimed. “Can we see it too?”



“I don’t see why not,” Remus replied. “Now, close the door and come over here.”



Ron and Hermione obeyed, and made their way closer to Harry and Remus.



“This memory was in my seventh year at Hogwarts,” Remus explained, trying to pull the cork of the bottle. “James had become Head Boy and had greatly matured. Lily had noticed, but was still hesitant. You see, she had never hated James, as she had claimed, had in fact liked him as much as James liked her. But, unlike James, she didn’t show it, preferring to cover it up by being hostile towards him.”



Remus then tried to get the cork out with his teeth, but to no avail.



“Well, anyways, Sirius, Alice-the mother of Neville Longbottom and one of Lily’s best friends-Peter, Natalie, and I, had decided to take matters into our own hands.”



Harry and Ron nodded, but Hermione asked, “Wait, who’s Natalie?”



“Ah.” Remus grinned reminiscently. “She was James’ cousin, and Lily’s best friend. You would’ve liked her-then again, it was impossible to hate her. Very charismatic, very funny…in fact, she was the one who had provided the idea that made Lily and James finally get together.”



“She did?” Harry asked, shocked; he didn’t know that his father had a cousin, much less that she was the one that made his parents finally realize that they were meant to be together.



“Yes,” Remus replied. “We all came up with our share of plans that succeeded in bringing Lily and James closer, but Natalie’s idea was the turning point that finally made Lily and James start dating.”



“Well, what was the idea?” asked Ron, curious.



Remus smiled slyly. “You’ll see.” Then he frowned as he tried to pull the cork out of the bottle, and failing slightly. “If-I-could-just-get-this-cork-out-of-this-bottle-” he grunted.



Harry, Ron, and Hermione exchanged glances. Ron, gaining a rare insight of wisdom, suggested, “Um, Remus? You could use your wand, you know.”



Remus had the grace to blush. “Oh, right, sorry,” he said sheepishly, taking out his wand out of his pocket and tapped the cork; it shot into the air as it would a bottle of champagne. Having finally managed to achieve that incredible feat, Remus poured the memory into the Pensieve.



“Harry, you first,” he said to him, stepping aside.



Harry approached the basin and, without a moments’ hesitation, dunked his head in it. He felt the familiar feeling of falling through blackness, and found himself in the library. Remus, Ron, and Hermione had landed beside him.



“Whoa,” Ron muttered, looking around. “This is weird…”



“Ah, there I am.” Remus pointed to his younger self, who sitting at a table in front of them. He was looking quite pale and peaky. He was seated next to Sirius Black, who looked bored, Peter Pettigrew, who was nervously chewing on his fingernails, his wide eyes glancing shiftily from person to person, a petite, chubby girl with dirty brown hair and warm brown eyes that Harry deduced must be Alice Longbottom, and another girl who had waist-long, jet-black hair, and mischievous hazel eyes, who was looking at Sirius in revulsion.



“That’s Natalie,” Remus answered their unasked question, gesturing to the dark-haired girl.



“Honestly, Black,” Natalie said contemptuously, interrupting Remus, who had been talking. “If you aren’t going to be paying attention, you might as well try to look convincing. Or is that too much for your infinitesimal brain?”



Sirius jerked out of his reverie, and looked haughtily at Natalie. “The reason that I am not paying attention is that I am lookout. Or do you think it would be a big laugh that Lily or James would discover our motives?”



Natalie let out a snort. “Right, like that was what you were doing, Signor Montanto.” She seemed to emphasize the last two words.



Sirius glared at her, his ire finally raised. “Not everything about me is food and women,” he said coldly. “But then again, why would I want anyone to take me seriously?”



“Whatever do you mean?” Natalie said in mock surprise. “I think that everyone, especially girls, takes you ‘siriusly.’”



“As you can see, Natalie and Sirius were enemies, have been ever since first year,” explained Older Remus, his mouth twitching at the sight of Natalie and Sirius’ verbal spat.



“Sirius-Natalie-please stop arguing,” implored the younger Remus. “We need the two of you to come up with ideas to bring Lily and James together, and that won’t happen if you two bicker every few minutes.”



“Remus is right,” agreed Alice. “So please pull yourselves together and focus.”



Natalie and Sirius, after glaring at each other, sobered.



“All right, then, now that the lovers have stopped fighting,” Remus said dryly, and Natalie and Sirius shot daggers at him. “Let’s commence. Does anybody have any suggestions?”



Sirius’ eyes lit up. “Ooh, I got one!”



“Please, do tell,” Natalie said wryly.



Sirius ignored Natalie, and said excitedly, “The last match of the year is coming up pretty soon, and if Gryffindor wins the cup…” he trailed off slyly.



Natalie, Remus, and Alice simultaneously groaned. “Oh, no, Sirius, we’ve been through this before,” Remus said wearily. “Lily doesn’t care much about Quidditch-”



“But this is the last match of the season!” Sirius exclaimed. “She cannot not go!”



“Once again, the infamous Sirius Black has associated something completely distinct from Quidditch to Quidditch,” Natalie remarked dryly.



“And once again, the disdainful harpy Natalie Potter has made some derisive comment about me, Sirius Black,” Sirius retorted.



Natalie’s eyes flashed dangerously. Remus and Alice could only shake their heads helplessly.



“Oh, a disdainful harpy, am I?” Natalie’s voice rose with every word, and Madame Pince’s eyes narrowed disapprovingly at the group. “At least I don’t snog innumerable girls in a spare broom closet-” she stopped suddenly, and a thoughtful expression replaced her angry one.



As Sirius began to retort, she yelled, “I’ve got it!”



Madame Pince, her patience used up, walked over to them, and said, “Out! Get out!”



After many dirty looks to Natalie, the foursome gathered up their book bags and exited the library, and Older Remus, Harry, Ron, and Hermione followed them into an empty corridor.



“Great, thanks a lot, Natalie,” Sirius said sourly.



Natalie, for once, didn’t notice Sirius’ comment; her hazel eyes were bright with excitement, her face and voice animated.



“That doesn’t matter, since I’ve finally got an idea,” Natalie told them elatedly. Sirius, Remus, and Alice exchanged dubious glances.



“Well, go on, Natalie,” Alice encouraged.



Natalie glanced around so as to make sure that no one was around to eavesdrop, beckoned them to come closer, and in a voice barely more than a whisper, told them her plan.



“What is she talking about?” Hermione asked Remus. “We can’t hear…”



Remus smiled. “You’ll see,” he said enigmatically.



Before Harry, Ron, or Hermione could say anything further, Sirius let out one of his trademark, bark-like laughs.



“You are kidding!” Sirius exclaimed.



“I am in earnest,” Natalie said indignantly, frowning at Sirius.



“It will never work, I tell you,” Sirius said matter-of-factly. “They’ll kill each other-or rather, Lily will kill James. And I don’t know if you haven’t noticed, but I am actually quite fond of James, and see no reason why he must be gone from my company earlier than I would expect.”



“This is no laughing matter!” Natalie exclaimed crossly. “My plan is perfect, infallible. Right, Moony, Alice?”



But Remus and Alice looked skeptical.



“I don’t know, Natalie,” Remus said slowly. “I don’t think Lily would appreciate it one bit, and while James would be pleased, that would quickly wear off when he gets a slap in the cheek.”



“She won’t,” Natalie assured him, optimistic. “Sure, there will be a commotion, but in the end, it will all be resolved.”



“Ha!” Sirius gave a dubious snort. “I’ll bet anything that it won’t work!”

Natalie quirked up an eyebrow, looking suddenly impish. “Anything?” she queried.



Sirius rolled his eyes. “Well, not anything, but fifty galleons would do nicely.”



“All right then,” Natalie said in a business-like tone. “Do we have a deal?”



Sirius stared at her as though he feared she had lost her sanity. “You’re willing to bet fifty galleons?” he asked incredulously.



“Yep,” Natalie said happily. “Deal?” She held out her hand.



Sirius gaped at her for a moment before smiling slyly. “Deal,” he said confidently, taking her hand, while Remus and Alice watched disbelievingly.



“So what do you say, Moony?” Natalie turned to Remus. “It’s either my plan, or Black‘s plan.”



“If you’re sure,” Remus answered hesitantly, and Natalie’s face split into a wide smile. “And if Sirius and Alice accepts.”



Sirius shrugged. “I’m okay with it,” he said casually. “After all, if it doesn’t work out, I’ll be fifty galleons richer.”



“Despicable idiot,” muttered Natalie.



“Alice?” Remus turned to her.



“If it’s the only idea we’ve got,” Alice said grimly, “then we might as well go on with it.”



“Brilliant!” Natalie happily exclaimed. “We’ll go over the details in the common room…”



Suddenly, everything became a blur of color. When it stopped, the scene had changed; they were in another corridor, and Natalie, Sirius, Remus, and Alice were outside a door. Natalie looked perfectly nonchalant, Sirius looked pale and scared, and Alice and Remus were looking nervous and apprehensive. Harry and the others heard noises, yells, and shouts from within the room.



Everything suddenly became crystal clear to Harry. Turning to Remus, he exclaimed, “She locked them in a broom cupboard?!”





A/N: Like it? Not funny enough? Please review, I need to know!!!
Chapter Two-Accidentally Together? by cto10121
Author's Notes:
My last and final chapter. I hope you guys enjoy reading this as much as I enjoyed writting it! Very short, only about 990 words. R&R!!

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter *sobs uncontrollably*

Harry, Ron, and Hermione looked at the scene in mute astonishment, looking like they’d been hit with a Stunning Spell. Remus, however, smiled fondly at the scene unrolling before him.

“I told you lot this was a bad idea,” whimpered Sirius, looking like a scared pup. “But did anybody listen? No, no, no…”

“Oh, quit whining, Black,” Natalie admonished him cheerfully. “Everything will be all right in the end.”

“All right?!” yelped Sirius, sounding uncannily like a wounded puppy. “I’ll lose my brother to that-that harpy, and it’ll be all your fault!”

“Please hold a civil tongue when talking about our friend,” Alice said, frowning.

“Yes,” said Natalie, narrowing her eyes. “We are as loyal to Lily as you are to James, if you can’t say anything good about her, say nothing at all.”

Sirius muttered something incoherently, as if saying, “At least I’ll get my fifty galleons.”

Natalie, who had heard him, sighed dramatically. “So arrogant…” she muttered, shaking her head. "He'd give James a run for his money..."

Meanwhile, the voices were rising dramatically, such so that the two groups could hear almost every word that was said between the two people inside.

“…you are an arrogant, big-headed, bullying toerag, Potter, and I would NEVER go out with you!” Definitely Lily.

Natalie tsked disapprovingly. “Lily, no, don’t go back to first base…” she muttered.

“I don’t think they are even playing the game,” Sirius joked, as if to lighten the tautness and tension that had settled in the group.

“You know what I meant, Black,” Natalie snapped, though flushing slightly at the sexual innuendo.

“Well, it was nice to meet them, at any rate.” Remus spoke for the first time, in a gloomy, hopeless sort of voice. “They were wonderful people.”

“Oh, no, Moony, not you too!” Natalie groaned, slapping her hand to her forehead. “I am surrounded by pessimists!”

Just at that moment, an incantation was heard; the door rattled with the force of the spell, and the two groups jumped.

“I beg to differ!” cried Sirius, affronted. “This could only end in blood, sweat, and tears!”

“Be quiet, or I’ll make you,” Natalie threatened, pointing her wand ominously at him.

Sirius glowered at Natalie before closing his mouth, and he sat down against the stone wall, sulking like a scolded child.

The group was silent for a moment and the shouting and spell casting continued. Every so often they would wince as the door would rattle, product of some unsavory spell, jinx, or curse.

“We will always remember them,” Sirius said solemnly, bowing his head low and sounding like a priest at a funeral. “They will live forever, in the hearts of those who’ll remember them.”

Silencio!” Natalie commanded, pointing her wand at Sirius. He opened his mouth, and when no sound came out, he closed his jaw, crossed his arms around his chest and pouted.

Then, suddenly, the shouting halted. The door to the broom cupboard stopped rattling. The two groups stared at it in bemusement…and trepidation.

“It’s quiet,” Natalie said, breaking the uncomfortable silence. Sirius rolled his eyes at the rather obvious comment.

“Maybe they’ve stopped fighting,” Remus suggested, though he didn’t sound at all confident.

“Hmm!” Sirius gestured impatiently to himself. When that didn’t serve to get anyone’s attention, he stomped on the ground like a child on a temper tantrum.

“Oh, sorry,” Natalie remarked, sounding not at all sorry. Sighing exasperatedly, she muttered the counter curse at Black.

“Maybe they’ve finally got rid of each other,” Sirius suggested, and Natalie now looked regretful that she had removed the curse off him. “Maybe when we opened the door, we won’t see them; they will be just a puddle of blood on the ground.”

“Shut it, Black!” barked Natalie. “I’m going to unlock the door.”

This declaration was met with decidedly grim air. Natalie, however, boldly got up off the floor and towards the door. She muttered, “Alohomora,” and unlocked the door. Natalie pocketed her wand and grasped the doorknob firmly. Remus, Alice, and Sirius, as well as Harry, Hermione, and Older Remus, gathered around her.

The tension within the two groups was palpable. Natalie, with bated breath, turned the doorknob smoothly, and opened the door. Everyone’s jaws, except Natalie’s, dropped.

Lily and James were in a firm embrace, snogging each other as though their life depended on it.

“Whoo-hoo!” cried Natalie triumphantly. Lily and James seemed not to hear her exclamation, nor seemed to be aware that anyone was there.

Sirius muttered a breathless, “Oh, dear Merlin,” before fainting to the ground. The others were too dumbstruck to catch him, so Sirius dropped to the hard, stone floor.

“Tsk, tsk.” Natalie surveyed Sirius carefully, but with an evil grin on her face. “A pity. I did not even tell him that he owes me fifty galleons.”

As soon as she said this sentence, Harry felt himself rise up in the air and he found that he was back in Remus’ room at Grimmauld Place. Ron, Hermione and Remus landed beside him.

“Bloody hell,” Ron muttered, clearly shocked beyond all recognition.

“My parents. Kissing. Disgusting,” Harry said in a monotone, horrified voice; he looked as though he was scarred for life.

“I think it’s rather romantic,” Hermione said dreamily, and Harry and Ron looked at her, fearing for her sanity.

“Hermione, there is nothing more un-romantic than seeing your parents snogging in a broom cupboard,” Harry said, still sounding quite freaked out.

“Well, that just goes to show you,” Remus said to them, smiling. “From being enemies, to snogging in a broom cupboard. Who would’ve thought that you could be accidentally together?”

Just then, the door opened, revealing Tonks, clad in her bright purple pajamas that matched her hair.

“Oh, I’m sorry,” Tonks said brightly. “I didn’t realize you were busy.”


A/N: Ta-da!! That’s it, I hope you like it! Yes, yes, the ending is very stupid, but it's supposed to be! Please review!!!
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=69007