A Christmas story by School owl
Summary: Christmas is a time for peace, cheer and love. Sadly, this isn't what Harry goes through for his Christmas at Hogwarts. This takes place in 7th year.
Categories: Dark/Angsty Fics Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 800 Read: 1465 Published: 12/18/04 Updated: 12/18/04

1. The last Christmas by School owl

The last Christmas by School owl
A Christmas story

All of the halls were decked with tinsel. Popcorn filled the air. Snow fell softly hitting the ground. Alone in a great hall stood Harry. All was calm. His friends stood behind him. Waiting.



Ahh… Harry do you remember your first Christmas with your parents?

No? That’s too bad. I remember it like it was yesterday. Your mother carried you out into the snow. Your father was there. So was Sirius. They were all very happy. So smiley. Your mother and father made sure that your first Christmas was the best. They put you in to a thick snow coat. You played in the freezing cold wet snow. Sirius was inside most of the time putting up the big tall evergreen tree. Your parents came inside and put the gifts under the tree and decorations on top. Your father lifted you on his shoulders and you put the star on top. The tree was so beautiful because all of you added something to it. Do you remember now?

No? Do you remember your first Christmas with the Dursleys?

Yes? Really? I think I know why. They didn’t treat you very well did they? I don’t like them much Harry. You dissevered a better holiday than what they gave you. I am so sorry. There wasn’t anything I could do. I think that year they gave you socks, I may be mistaken for the hanger. Harry, when was the last time you had a real Christmas? You know, with the ham, potatoes, the gifts, the love, the peace, the Christmas tree?

Too long. I know. That’s why I really want to give you a good gift. I don’t have much money Harry. Would the love and support of a friend be good?

It would? Really? Thank you Harry. I will give you a good Christmas sometime. I promise. I promise that you will have the love of parents that you never had. I can’t promise the world, but I can promise all that I have to offer.

Maybe you can hang the lights on the tree. You could put the star at the tip top. Dream of the tree now. Can’t you see the tree now? Its branches full, the green was as green as green can be. The branches have a light dusting of snow on it from the last snow storm. Isn’t it beautiful?

Oh Harry. Someday you’ll see. The perfect Christmas. You want to know what a perfect Christmas is? You do?

Well, it’s a day when children dream of plums and sugar. Bright colors will fill each and every room of all the houses. People dance and sing. It is such a merry time. Children get gifts from Santa Claus. They put up stockings. They shriek with joy as they hear the word ‘Christmas’. I wish that you could have found that out on your own. I swear on my grave that you will have this.

Harry why are you crying? Are you upset? I am sorry. I had no clue. You are right. Memories are behind us. Only darkness lay ahead. Oh Harry. Your parents did not want this to happen. But now it has. It is okay to weep. Do not let it stay inside you forever.

Harry, my dear Harry. I am so sorry. This is one Christmas story I rather not hear. This story needs to be told, for I fear that no one shall ever hear it. Do you remember your first year at Hogwarts?

Yes? Good. So do I. You like it better here and so do I. You are much safer here than you are anywhere else. You are surrounded by friends. They will protect you from all bad Christmas surprises. I am glad that you have Sirius to talk to. WHAT!?!

Oh no Harry! This is terrible. Oh Harry. What are we to do? Now your questions may never be answered. Oh. Lupin is still there. That’s good. I still feel I have failed you Harry. Your life will never have a nice Christmas in there.

I love you Harry, no matter what. Merry Christmas.



Harry’s friends stood behind him. Knowing that this would be the last Christmas before the war changed everything. They also knew that the New Year would be a fresh new start.



A/N- Please review. Also if you have a box of tissues, I need some. I wrote this story for the holiday/ Christmas touch. I wanted to show that not all of our Christmases are good and that we should be thankful that ours are as good as they are.

“‘Tis better to give than to receive.” Live by this quote.


~School owl
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=6926