The Long-lost Love by Nienor
Summary: Ron hasn't let go of his feelings to Hermione. Then they meet each other. Will she understand his feelings for her? Waiting patiently for Mugglenet to approve the final chapter. You rock people! over 2000 reads! Wohoo! Keep on going! :D Would love you even more if you'd review too!
Categories: Ron/Hermione Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 6 Completed: Yes Word count: 9295 Read: 17631 Published: 12/19/04 Updated: 02/28/05

1. The Meeting by Nienor

2. Talking To Harry by Nienor

3. Madam's Place by Nienor

4. Lovely, Soft and Cherry by Nienor

5. Confessions And Thoughts by Nienor

6. Visits and Tales by Nienor

The Meeting by Nienor
He felt the wind blowing. It was freezing cold, and he only had a thin jacket, no cap and no gloves on his hands.

He stuffed his hands in his pockets, pulled up the collar upon his ears and went further on.

Somewhere nearby he heard some people shouting at each other. He could hear that they were arguing.

He went on, down to the park where they had agreed to meet each other.

It was so long since they’d seen one another. The last time was at Hogwarts - at the end-of-term feast. Then they had started on different jobs - he as an Auror, she as a Ministry-worker. The last thing he had heard she was fighting for the House-elves’ rights. He guessed it was an organization, like SPEW.

Ron wondered how she looked like. At that time she had the brown bushy hair, but not the large front teeth. But still those brown eyes. The lovely deep brown eyes.

He came to the bench where he would meet her. He looked around, hoping that she was there soon. He felt sudden excitement.

When he got the owl from her, he had written back at once.

She had thought of him for a long time, and she wondered if they could see each other some time. She had so much to tell him. And I have much to tell her, too, he thought.

To this day, his feelings for her were still strong. But he hadn’t dared to tell her about his feelings. He knew that she dated someone in their last year, but she hadn’t told him who. He just knew that it wasn’t Harry. He had asked him in the dormitory one night, when they where alone. He had been so nervous for hearing a “Yes” from Harry.

When Harry laughed and said, “No, I wouldn’t do that to you, you know that?” a big stone fell down from his heart.

“No, I know, just had to be sure, you know,” he said, grinning.

Harry knew about his feelings then, but he hadn’t told Hermione about it.

“Thank God he didn’t,” muttered he to himself, and closed his eyes.

“Ron?” he heard behind him.

He opened his eyes. “Hermione?” he answered, turning around.

“Hi,” she said, and smiled warm to him. They embraced each other.

“How good it is to see you,” she whispered.

“You too,” he said, and strangely enough he felt a lump in his throat.

“How cold you are, Ron,” she said, and took his hands and blew at them. “Shall we go someplace, maybe? Take a cup of coffee? I know about a really good café nearby,” she said, looking up at him.

“Sure, it would be nice to get something warm,” he said as they began to walk.

“So, how’s life?” Hermione said when they had walked for a quarter or so.

Ron hesitated. What should he say?

Fred and George were earning money on their shop, Percy hadn’t been in touch for some years now, and his mother was always anxious about their family, since every member of it was a member of the Order.

“Well. I guess everything’s fine,” he answered.

She didn’t need to know about his family. Not yet. Maybe he could mention some of it when they took a cup of coffee.

“How are you? How’s your life?” Ron said.

He wanted to speak of something else. He wanted to know so much as possible about her.

How was her job? How was her family? Did she have a boyfriend?

“Well, at this time of the year, there’s much to do at work. Since it’s Christmas soon, you know. I’m working for the House-elf Organization, have you heard about it?” She said, looking at Ron.

“Erm-hmm…” Ron said. Actually, he’d never heard about it. “No, sorry, haven’t heard about it,” he admitted, feeling his cheeks grow a little bit warm.

He saw that Hermione got a little bit sad, so he added quickly, “But I would really hear about it!”

Hermione talked about the establishment of HEO, the House-Elf Organization, and about what they were working for and how many elves that where set free. Ron became more and more surprised; it was amazing how she had worked for the House-elves. He remembered her knitting the caps to the house-elves at Hogwarts; Harry told him later that the only one who cleaned the Common room, after the caps came, was Dobby, the House-elf Harry set free from the Malfoy-family.

“Well, here we are,” Hermione said, after she had told everything about HEO.

Ron opened the door, and said “Ladies first,” smiling.

She smiled back.

It was a cozy café, not to big, not to small. It wasn’t too much people there, and it was a good atmosphere. The walls were covered with different pictures of the city; someone was working, some children were playing with a ball, and someone was walking on a beach.

When he walked inside, the smell of coffee beans hit him like a door.

They could’ve opened a window, he thought.

He didn’t tell it to Hermione; he didn’t know if it would make her angry. He didn’t want to ruin the good feeling between them.

“What do you want to drink?” Hermione said.

“Erm . . . coffee?” Ron said.

He didn’t know what all the beverages were; he wasn’t used to Muggle cafés.

“Okay, coffee it is!” Hermione said, while Ron sat down on a chair.

Ron was beginning to get nervous. Why should I be nervous? he thought. Get a grip of yourself; it’s Hermione! But it was Hermione . . . the girl he was in love with, and his best friend . . . why was life so difficult?

“Here you go!” he heard someone say, and a big cup of coffee was sat down in front of him.

“The best coffee in the city!” Hermione said as she took a sip of her cup.

Ron took a deep swallow of his cup.

“Ouch!” he exclaimed, and sat the cup fast down.

“Careful!” Hermione said. “It’s hot, remember?”

She laughed, looking him in the eye.

“Forgot it...” Ron said, feeling his tongue burn a little.

“Ron?” Hermione asked. Ron glanced at her, before he took another sip of his coffee. “How’s Harry?”

“Harry’s fine,” Ron said. “The job’s taking a lot of his time, but he’s OK. I think so. He said that when I spoke to him yesterday.”

He saw it had started snowing.

“You’re still in touch?” Hermione said.

“Of course we are,” Ron said, surprised of Hermione’s question. “Have you heard something else?” Ron asked, with a suspicious tone.

“Well ... no, not exactly. I’ve just heard that you weren’t that good friends anymore...” She said, a hint of pink on her face

“Well, we’re still best friends, so if anyone asks you can tell them that,” Ron said.

“Yes, I will,” Hermione said, and drank some of the coffee.

Ron did the same. It wasn’t so warm anymore.

They drank up their cups in silence. Ron looked at Hermione, when she gazed out of the window.

She’s beautiful, he thought. So beautiful. Her hair, her nose, her eyes... She’s perfect.

He gazed at the snow outside.

“Shall we go?” he asked Hermione, smiling. “Go out in the snow?”

“Sure,” she answered, standing up.

Ron helped her with her coat, then pulled on his jacket. He opened the door again, to let her walk out.

“Thank you,” she said.
“What don’t you do for good friends,” he said, grinning.

They stood in the street. It was silent. Nobody was outside, and no one had walked in the snow.

“Your hair becomes white!” Ron said smiling. “You look like an old lady.”

The next thing he knew, he got snow in his neck.

“Hey!” he said, and started running after her. They ran down to the park where they met each other.

“I guess I deserved it,” Ron said, and took out some snow out of his jacket.

“Well… yeah,” Hermione said, grinning.

Ron sat down at the bench, next to her. They watched each other with locked eyes.

“I’ve had a really good time,” Hermione said, smiling at him

“Me too,” Ron responded.

“Well, I must go home,” she said.

“Yes, work tomorrow, I guess,” Ron said, and cleared his throat.

“We’ll meet each other soon, I hope?” Hermione said.

“Of course. Call me,” Ron said. “Yes, I can use the telephone now,” he added before Hermione could say something else.

“Yes, you even said it right,” Hermione said laughing.

Before they said good night, they hugged each other.

“Call me,” Ron whispered. He felt the lump again.

“Yes,” she whispered, and looked him deep in the eyes.

“Good night!” she said, waving to him as she left.

After Hermione'd gone, Ron looked down in the asphalt, now white of snow, sighing.
“I love you,” he muttered, and began to walk home.
Talking To Harry by Nienor
He woke up with the sound of the doorbell.
“Coming,” he said, with a thick and irritated voice. The doorbell rang once again, and Ron got more irritated. “Can’t people sleep in peace around here?” he said as he unlocked the door.

“Sorry mate, but I have to talk to you,” Ron heard the boy say as he stepped inside.
“You know I want to sleep when I have a day off, Harry,” Ron said, but grinned to him.
A boy with black, untidy hair, emerald green eyes and a scar on the forehead, grinned back.
“Sorry, but this is an emergency,” Harry Potter said sitting down on the sofa. “I got a letter yesterday, from Lupin,” he told Ron.
“Lupin?” Ron said, surprised.
Their DADA-teacher in their third year, good friend of Harry’s father and a member of the Order, Remus Lupin, was a good man. Ron had always liked him. Lupin was one of those who could give you advice, and listen to you.

“What did he write?”
“He’s coming to London, and wants to see us,” Harry answered.
“I don’t see any problem with that?” Ron said frowning.
“Well, you see, Lupin wants to stay for a while, and, you know... since he’s a werewolf, he can’t stay in a hotel,” Harry said.
“Lupin could go when he has been a werewolf, when there’s a month ‘till next time?” Ron asked.
Even Harry could think of that.
“Well, he doesn’t mention anything of that in the letter, so, I guess there’s a bit ‘till next transformation,” Harry said, and looked at Ron.
“Anyway, could he live here? When he’s in town?” Harry asked.
“Why? You know him better then me,” Ron said. “It’s not that I don’t like him, but you just know him a lot better!”
Harry nodded. “OK... he can live at my place,” he said.

Ron opened a window.
It was a nice day. The snow was white, the sun was shining, but it was cold outside.
“Where were you last night? Tried to call you,” Harry said.
Ron didn’t turn around at once. What would he say if I told him about last night? Ron thought, looking out of the window. It had been a wonderful night. He hoped she would call him soon. Maybe today?
“I… I was going for a walk,” Ron said.
“For three hours? Come on, even an athlete wouldn’t do that,” Harry said.
Harry was right. Maybe he would just tell him about yesterday.
“I was together with Hermione,” Ron said, beginning to feel a little warm.
“Aha!” Harry said in triumph. “Was it nice?” he asked.
“Yeah,” Ron said.
At least he didn’t laugh at me, Ron thought.
“We met each other in the park nearby, and went to a café,” Ron said, as he sat down.
“You just met?” Harry said. “No, I don’t think so. I guess Hermione sent you an owl, or something,” he continued.
“You’re right,” Ron said, and nodded. “I got an owl from her last week, it said in the letter that she wanted to see me. I wanted to, of course, and we agreed to meet each other in the park,” Ron continued as he took out his wand from his jacket. “Do you want something to drink? Coffee? Tea?”
“Coffee, please,” Harry said, watching Ron as he waved with his wand.
Two cups came out of nowhere, and coffee came out of the wand.
“Can’t understand how Muggles can live without magic,” Ron said, sighing.
“Tell me more, mate. Did something happen?” Harry asked, grinning.
He knew about Ron’s crush on Hermione.
“No, or, we hugged each other, but that’s what old friends do,” Ron said.
“Did you agree to meet each other again, sometime?” Harry asked, looking at Ron while he took a sip of his coffee.
“Yeah, she has my number, she promised to call me soon,” Ron said. “She said she would try to call me tonight,” he added.
“That’s good,” Harry said, smiling.
“Oh, one thing,” Ron said to Harry. “Have you heard a rumour saying that we don’t talk to each other anymore?” he asked as he took a sip of his coffee.
“No?” Harry said, looking surprised at Ron. “Why do you ask?”
“Well, Hermione asked me about it last night, she told me that she’d heard something about us not getting along anymore,” Ron said as he sat down his cup.
“Well, I haven’t heard anything about it. And we’re talking to each other right now, and always has, so I say, it’s a false rumour,” Harry said, laughing.
“Yeah, you’re right,” Ron said, looking out of the window again.

It was silent for a while. Then the telephone rang. Ron walked out to the hall, and took up the receiver.
“Hello?” Ron said.
“Hi,” said a female voice. Ron’s heart started to beat faster. “It’s Hermione,” she said.
“Hi,” Ron said, feeling his hands shaking.
“I had a lovely time last night,” Hermione said.
“Yeah, me too,” Ron said. “I thought you were at work?” he asked, glancing at the clock at the wall. It was half past one.
“Yeah, I am, but I wanted to call you,” Hermione said. Did her voice shake a little? “I just wondered if you wanted to eat dinner? Tonight?”
Ron started to smile.
“Of course. When?” he answered, hearing Hermione laughing.
“At seven?”
“Yes, you know where I live? Remember I told you at the café?” Ron asked.
“Yes, I remember,” Hermione said, and continued, “I’ll reserve a table for us,”
“Yeah, do that, only the restaurant has good food, it’s fine with me,” he said, hearing Hermione laugh.
“Yes, I know of a really good restaurant, with not to high prices,” she said. “Well, see you at seven outside your house.”
“Yeah. Can’t wait to see you. Good bye,” Ron said.
“Good bye.”

Ron had a big smile when he back to the living room.
“Who was it?” Harry said, looking at Ron. “Guess it was a good call?” he added.
“It was Hermione,” Ron said, smiling. “She wants to eat dinner with me,” he continued, starting to grin.
Harry smiled back.
“So, she called?”
“Yeah,” Ron said, feeling his whole body was happy. “I have to find me some clothes,” he added, getting up from the chair.
“Yes. I’ll go now, got to shop for some food,” Harry said.
“OK,” Ron said, following Harry to the door.
“I’m glad she called you,” Harry said.
“I always hoped at Hogwarts that you and Hermione got together. But then, when she started dating Dean -”
“Dean? Dean Thomas? Hermione dated him?” Ron asked.
“Well, yeah,” Harry said with a shrug. “She told me when you were on the Library one night.”
“Oh. I see,” Ron said.
Hermione hadn’t dared to tell him.
Harry continued. “But when she started dating Dean, my hope sank,” he added honestly.
“Well, maybe the hope is growing?” Ron said, grinning.
“Yeah, it does. And don’t fight so much this time,” Harry said. “I was getting rather tired of it,” he added, smiling.
“I promise,” Ron said, giving Harry his jacket.
“Well,” Harry said, when he finished getting dressed. “Have a good night, and say hello to Hermione from me!” he said as he opened the door.
“I will!” Ron said, closing the door, beginning to hum.
It was going to be a fine day; he just knew it.
Madam's Place by Nienor
He heard knocking at the door.

"Hermione!" Ron whispered, with an eager voice. "Coming!" he said, grabbing his coat.

"Flowers," Ron muttered to himself, taking wand out.

"Orchideous!" he said, and flowers turned up from the wand.

"Lovely," said Ron, taking last look in the mirror before he opened the door.

He became speechless when he opened it. Hermione was so... gorgeous.

Her hair was in a bun, and there were blue flowers put into it. She had a lovely light blue blouse, and a skirt in the same colour. The moon was up, giving her a mysterious glow where she stood.

"You look wonderful," Ron said to her.

"Thanks," she said, grinning. "You aren't bad yourself," she added, looking at him.
Jeans, black-striped shirt and a dress jacket, that was what he'd found in the closet.

"Here," Ron said, giving her the flowers.

"Oh, they're lovely!" she said, taking a deep breath while she smelled at the flowers. "How good they smell...,” she said lowly into the flowers.

"Are you ready?" Ron said. Hermione nodded. "You can Apparate, I guess?" he said, and took out the wand from his jacket.

"Of course," she said.

"Where is it?" Ron asked.

"It's close to the café we were at last night," she answered. "You can meet me outside the door at the café."

"Is that safe? Won't there be Muggles?" Hermione thought for a moment. "No," she said.

"There aren't so many walking outside, because of the snow."

Ron looked out at the window. Indeed, it was snowing.

"Ok.. See you there!" Ron said, hearing a 'plopp' when he Apparated.

Two seconds later, they were outside the café again. Luckily, there hadn't been any Muggles passing by at that moment. "Shall we go?" Ron said gently.
"Yes," Hermione said, smiling slightly.

It was a wonderful night. The sky was starry; no clouds were in sight. The moon was shining down at the pavement, and the snow was lying as velvet on the ground. Nobody was outside.

"It's like magic..." Ron muttered to himself.

He walked so close to Hermione that he could hear her breath. He looked at her. Looked at her eyelashes.

He looked down at her hand. Ron took her hand in his. To his relief, she didn't jerk it back. She was just looking at him, smiling. He smiled back, feeling it was a perfect moment.

"Is it that restaurant, over there?" Ron said, pointing at a building at the other side of the street.

"Yes," Hermione replied.

They went over, and Ron read "Madam's Place,"

Hermione looked up at the window.


"Didn't realize how foolish that name was before you read it," she said, a little embarrassed.

"No problem," Ron said, grinning slightly.

He opened the door for her, smelling her perfume when she went by him. It smelled faintly lavender.

"Here, let me take your coat," Ron said.

"Thank you," Hermione said, giving him her coat. When she did so, he took her hand.

"I'm glad we went out to dinner," he said, whispering.

"Yeah, I have been looking forward to it all day, you know," Hermione said softly. They looked each other in the eye for a moment.

Then they heard someone cough behind them.

"Have you made a reservation, miss?" The headwaiter said, looking at Hermione.

"Yes, I have. On Hermione Granger," she said.

"Aha," Ron heard the man say. "Come with me. We have arranged a fine table to you in the corner, over there," he said as they followed him.

Ron looked around in the restaurant. Hermione had a sense of picking good places. It was a nice room, with candles as the only lightning. It could be a Muggle restaurant, if it hadn't been for one thing: there were candles hanging in the air, over the tables, and in the ceiling. It reminded him about the Great Hall at Hogwarts.

"Thank you," Hermione said, sitting down.

"It's really nice in here," Ron said as he sat down.

"Yeah, I got a tip from a colleague at work," she said.

"Who was it?" Ron said as he got the menu from a waiter.

"Remember Hannah Abbott?" Hermione said as she looked at the wine list.

"Yeah, of course," he said.

Hannah was their age, but she'd gone in Hufflepuff at Hogwarts. She'd also been a prefect, together with Ernie Macmillan from their House. Ron and Hermione had been prefects from Gryffindor.

He smiled at thinking of it. He'd been so surprised when he had become prefect instead of Harry. Ron had asked him why a while ago. Harry had said that Dumbledore thought Harry had had too much to think about. And Dumbledore was right about that.

"Ron? Hello? Earth calling!" Hermione said, waving her hand in front of his eyes.

"Hm?"

"Hello dear!" Hermione said, laughing. "As I said, she'd been eating here with Ernie Macmillan, and they had been very satisfied with both service and food, so that's how I got to know about this place."

"Ah, I see," Ron said.

The waiter asked what they would like to drink, and the both of them ordered a glass of red wine.

"Didn't know you drank wine?" Hermione inquired.

"Surprise," Ron said, then asked, "What do you want to eat?"
Hermione looked at the menu.

"Hm.. I think I'll take some chicken," she said. "What do you want to eat?"

Ron looked down. "It's a long time since I've eaten a good steak. Yes, I'll take steak and baked potato," he added, laying down the menu.

The waiter came with two glasses and a decanter. Then he took out his wand, and let wine come out of the wand.

"What does the lady want to eat?" he asked Hermione.

"Chicken," she said, and right afterwards a grilled chicken breast come onto her plate.

“And the gentleman?" the waiter asked Ron.

"Steak and baked potato, please," Ron replied, and soon after the food appeared on his plate.

They ate in silence, the both of them enjoying their food.

"The food's really good," Ron said pleased.

"Specially when you're eating it with me," Hermione replied, making Ron's ears red.

He didn't know what to say. Say something, you idiot! A little voice said in his head.

He smiled. He didn't know what to do.

She laughed. "Are you speechless?" Hermione said, grinning.

"Yes," Ron mumbled.

"Why?" she said, looking at his forehead.

"Well, I'm just so ... surprised. I haven't gotten over the shock of your owl. I thought you'd forgotten Harry and me since we haven't talked to each other since Hogwarts. And then, just one day I saw your letter.." Ron said, looking at the candle over them. "And here we are. Eating dinner."

"Oh," Hermione said. Did she look a little bit disappointed?

"But," Ron said quickly, "I was really glad for your owl, and, as you probably found out, I responded very quickly. I have missed you, you know. The three of us, hanging out together, breaking a rule or two," he added, smiling.

He could see a corner of Hermione's mouth rising up a little bit.

"Yeah," she said. "I've missed you too, both Harry and you. I'm always thinking back at the schooldays. Remembering the troll, in first class?" she said, smiling.

"Yeah, and what about the making of the Polyjuice at Moaning Myrtle's bathroom?" Ron added, with an eager voice.

They talked for a long time, remembering what they did at Hogwarts.

She's so pretty when she's laughing, Ron thought to himself. She gets that spark in the eye when she's eager, talking about something she's burning for, Ron continued. And I... I'm just Ron to her. One of her best friends. If I just could tell her that... That I haven't let go of my feelings to her.

"Maybe we should be leaving?" Ron asked.

"Yeah, I want to go out," said Hermione, and they asked the waiter for the check.

"That's on me," Ron said, taking up his wallet. When the check came, flying over to them, he laid the money on a plate, and it zoomed back to the headwaiter.

When they were dressed, they went out in the cold. It was silent for a minute.

"So..." said Ron. "Do you want to go to my place? Be there for a while?" he said, stuttering a little bit.

He knew his ears became red.

"Sure. I would like to se your apartment," Hermione said, smiling.

"Ok.. Let's go," Ron said, smiling to her.

"Coming," she said, giggling.
Lovely, Soft and Cherry by Nienor
He looked at the sky above them. The moon was bright also tonight, bathing the city in light. It wasn't snowing anymore. But it was a cold wind blowing, making the both of them freeze.
"Are you cold?" asked Ron.
"Maybe a little bit," said Hermione, rubbing her hands against her arms.
"Here," said Ron, taking his jacket over her shoulders.
"Oh, thank you," Hermione said, smiling. "But then you mustn't freeze. I don't want you to get a cold," she added, worried.
"Don't worry," Ron answered. "I'm a warm-blooded person," he added, smiling at her. They walked in silence, and Ron looked at Hermione when she was looking another way.

How can I express my feelings for her? Would she laugh if I told her?

"Ah, here it is," Ron said, stopping outside the door. Hermione raised her eyes from the ground.
"Shall we go inside?" Ron asked. Hermione nodded, and he muttered 'Alohomora!'
"Are you allowed to do magic here? With Muggle-neighbours?" asked Hermione surprised.
"It's a magic neighbourhood, literally speaking," said Ron, holding the door open for her.
"I see," said Hermione, taking Ron's jacket of her.

Right after they had come inside, it began to snow again.
"You have a nice apartment," Hermione said while Ron was getting fire to the fireplace.
"Thanks. Dad knew some people who would move out to the country. So, he asked if I could buy it from the previous owner. And, as you see, I got it," said Ron, standing up and watching the fire.
"Do you want something to drink?" Ron said, looking at Hermione.
"It would've been nice with a cup of cocoa," Hermione said with closed eyes. Ron waved with his wand, and two cups of cocoa stood on the table.
"Here you go," Ron said, giving Hermione the cup.

"Ron?" Hermione said, after the cacao had become cold enough to drink.
"Yes?" said Ron, looking at her.
"Is Harry ok? I mean, after the War and everything?"
Ron thought for a while. "Well, I think so. Of course, he had to be nursed at St. Mungo's for some time, but after that, he got well again. It was a strain for him, afterwards, but he had a big support group, so everything went well. And thank goodness for that, I wouldn't want to know what had happened to him if he hadn't got support from us and the Order," he added.
He looked at Hermione. A single tear rolled down at her cheek. Then he heard a silent sob.
"Oh, Hermione, please, don't cry..." Ron said, not knowing what he should do. He raised himself up and sat down beside her.

"Oh, Ron!" Hermione said, starting to cry. "This has worried me so much, this with the Prophecy and all," she said, sniffing. "I've haven't stopped thinking about it, ever since that day, when Harry told about it, in our sixth year... I have been so worried... About you and Harry, Ginny, and the other Weasleys, Lupin, Tonks, and - and -"
"Hermione, we're still alive!" Ron interrupted, looking at her.
Hermione dried away the tears. Even with puffy eyes, she was sweet.
"Oh, I know that, but what if-?"
Ron raised his hand. "There are no what-ifs. Harry got Voldemort, and Harry survived. He survived, Hermione. Think about that. Our best friend, and the famous boy, Harry Potter, survived and killed Lord Voldemort. He did what other great wizards couldn't do; kill one of the most terrifying wizards in out history. Harry has plenty of backbone, there's no doubt in that. He looked Death straight in the eye, but he made it."
"But... But -" Hermione said, still crying.

What shall I do? Ron thought. Poor thing, she must have had this on her mind for a long time. Let her know you're there for her, someone said in his head.
He stretched out his arm, to come around Hermione's neck. She laid her head on his shoulder, and Ron started stroking his fingers through her hair. That was what his mother had done when he was a little boy.

They sat like this for a long while. Ron heard her breath become steadier, and she didn't gasp anymore. He stroked her hair a little more. It seemed like it was calming her down. Just like him.

Hermione had stopped sobbing. She looked up at him.
"Thank you," she said with blank eyes.
"For what?" Ron said, smiling softly to her.
"To be here for me. Dean wasn't like this," Hermione said.
Ron's face became strict. But Hermione didn't see it; she was drying her eyes with a handkerchief.
"All he was talking about was Quidditch and sketching," she said. "And West Ham, of course," she added. "But you," she said, looking up at him, smiling sadly, "You care about other people, and about their feelings."
She was so near him now. He could even kiss her...

Ron looked her in the eye.
"I do care, Hermione. I care... for you," he whispered, stroking her hair again.
"You do..." Hermione whispered. "And, if you have any problems, I would really want to help you," she added.
"I'll remember that," said Ron. It made him sad, seeing her like this. "And I will always be here, for you," he added, whispering.
He was now so near her, that he felt her breath on his lips.
A perfect moment.
Ron lowered his head, and Hermione touched his lips.

Ron's head exploded of feelings. It's happening! Was the only thought on his mind. And it was wonderful. Her lips were so soft. Tasting like cherry, from her lip gloss, and salt after the tears. And it was wonderful, finally kissing the girl he'd been in love with since his 4th year at Hogwarts. It was exact like he thought it would be.

Lovely, soft and cherry.
Confessions And Thoughts by Nienor
He looked at her. She had closed her eyes, her red tongue licking her lips and her smile was soft. It looked like she tasted her lips, and then she sighed.

Hermione opened her eyes, embraced Ron, and whispered, "I love you." Ron pulled her closer to him, and said, "I love you too." They were silent for a while, letting the confession sink in. The only sound in the living room was the clock on the wall, and the crackling fire.

"I've loved since fourth year, you know," Hermione continued.

"You have?" Ron asked, surprised. "But, you dated Krum, didn't you? Wrote to him every fortnight, and I saw you writing two rolls of parchment each time," he said, with eyebrows raised.

Hermione just sighed, and looked up at him. "Didn't you realize? I stopped writing to him that winter, since he 'felt that it couldn't work between us,' but it was just so funny to see your reaction every time I mentioned his name… especially 'Vicky' made me laugh," she said, grinning.

"Evil woman!" Ron said laughing, starting to tickle her.

Her laugh filled the room; it sounded like music to Ron's ears. He loved her laugh, he loved her smile. He loved everything about her, she was... his angel.

But...

"If you loved me, why were you with Dean? I mean you, of all people, must have seen the signs of my feelings to you, you were, and still are, one of the most intelligent witches I've ever met, so I guess you saw it?" Ron asked while he stroked her hair.

Hermione looked at him. It seemed like she struggled to answer the question.

"Oh, Ron... I saw it. And I felt like... like I was a queen. It may seem like I'm joking, but I felt that. You were one of the most handsome guys in our year, and the girls were after you. And the one you loved was me - Hermione, the bookworm with bushy hair. I couldn't understand it myself, why me?

You've known me for seven years, how could you love me? All those times I had offended you? God, it must have hurt you, I realize that now," she added, stroking his chin tenderly.

"But, you see, I was scared. I believed that you were playing a game with me - playing with my feelings. I had never had a boyfriend before, and I know how popular you were with the girls. The girls in my dormitory spoke about you every night - saying how good you looked, how handsome you were, how cool you were... and that you had had so many girls."

"I - They said that?" Ron said, surprised, eyebrows raised.

He'd had some relationships behind him, but it hadn't lasted for long. The girls were either too silly, too wild, too… bossy. No one was like Hermione. It was her he wanted all along, was to care about him. And he was always comparing them with Hermione; in his eyes she was perfect.

"Well. I didn't have many girls," he confirmed, looking at Hermione.

"I had a feeling about that. Mrs. Weasley would have killed you if you did," she said, smiling slightly. "But, I started dating Dean, yes. In one way, he was sweet - but nothing compared to you. He didn't have the spark in the eye that you have every time you're laughing, he didn't rumple up his hair like you do, and… well, he just wasn't you. But we had a fine chemistry, and it was fine... for a month or two."

Ron stared in the fire while he listened to Hermione talk. "Then, one night, he took me to the Library… said that it was over. He said he'd found another girl, in Hufflepuff. I didn't ask for her name, just nodded, felt nothing. I didn't take it so hard, I knew it didn't work anymore. He saw me looking at you, glancing at you when I thought he didn't see me," she said, laughing at herself.

"He figured it out, and broke up. But it was okay; I didn't sit in the dormitory and cry my eyes out. In fact, I felt like it was a good thing, breaking up with him. I saw that he was happier together with her, after all. And then... I could've asked you, but you were so sweet to me, and I didn't want to tell you, in case you got afraid. Afraid of me, telling you about my feelings. I thought it would scare you away, and destroy our friendship, and just stick together because of Harry," she said, taking Ron's hand.

"I told Ginny about it, you know. She wasn't surprised, just smiled and hugged me. Said that she knew. She had seen me, looking at you and smiling. I guess I looked like a moron, something like Lockhart."

Ron started to laugh.

"Trust me, you're not like Lockhart. You're better than him, a thousand times better," he said, smiling at her.

"Oh, thanks. That's reassuring," said Hermione.

She pressed her head to his chest, stretching out her legs as she threw a blanket over the both of them.

They listened to the fire, crackling joyful in the fireplace. The wind was howling outside, making the house whistle. Ron began to feel drowsy, and his eyelids were beginning to get heavy.

He heard a deep breathing from Hermione.

She's asleep, was the last thing Ron thought before he, too, fell asleep.




He woke up the next morning with the sun shining at his face.

He opened his eyes, and saw Hermione lying in the same spot as she did last night. For a while, Ron didn't do anything else than just lie there, with Hermione in his arms, thinking.

Thinking about what she'd said last night, about her feelings, Dean, Krum and the talking. And why hadn't Ginny told him something? She was his sister - she could have mentioned it… or given him a hint, or something.

But, on the other hand, if Ginny were told something, she wouldn't blurt out with it. Maybe it was for their own good, Ron didn't know. Or maybe that was just how girls were. One thing he did know was that boys were not that complicated.

"Good morning," he heard someone say, far away. He looked down to Hermione.

"Good morning yourself, love," Ron said, giving her a warm hug.

"What's the time?" Hermione asked, yawning and stretching.

"It's ten o'clock, and it's a Saturday, if you wanted to know," he said, pointing at the clock.

Hermione sat up, folding the blanket nicely.

"You have a good couch," she said, smiling.

"Yeah," said Ron, getting up. "Do you want some breakfast?"

"Oh, yes, please," said Hermione. Then, right after, her stomach rumbled, confirming her hunger.

"Mum sent me some food one day last week - her specialty... scrambled eggs, sausages and bacon," said Ron, looking in the freezer. "Ah, here it is," he said, laying the food on two plates and warming it up with his wand.

After the breakfast, Hermione told Ron she had to go home.

"Crookshanks is waiting for me, I bet he's hungry too," she said, chuckling.
"Oh, I see. Well, take some sausages to him, and greet him for me," Ron said, following Hermione to the door.

"Oh, one thing," Ron said before Hermione went, "Lupin's coming to town tomorrow. I thought perhaps you would want to see him?"

Hermione's face lit up. "Of course, I'd love that! Can't you send me an owl, or something, telling me where to meet him?"

Ron smiled. "Of course I'll do that. Then you'll meet Harry too," he said, going with her outside.

"Looking forward to it," she said, giving Ron a kiss. It still wasn't usual to him; he started to smile.

"Bye!" she said, waving.

"Bye, love!" Ron said grinning, closing the door.
Visits and Tales by Nienor
He took some Floo-Powder from the bowl beside the fireplace, threw it to the fire, shouted "Ministry of Magic!" and walked into the green flames. Travelling by Floo-Powder always made him sick. Spinning around in a sea of green flames, and bumping to the walls of the fireplaces made it uncomfortable. But, it was faster than walking, and safer than Apparating, so he took the risk of using the Floo Network.


Soon Ron was at the Ministry's Atrium. The last time he'd been here was in his fifth year - the night that Sirius had been murdered. Thinking of it made him sad: Ron could still remember Harry's grief for so many years afterwards.

The Fountain of Magical Brethren was there yet, but was now fully repaired after being destroyed.. It was made up of a group of magical folk standing together - a wizard, a witch, a centaur, a goblin and a house-elf. It was incredible to look at, Ron stood there fascinated by it for a couple of minutes. Then he remembered why he was there.

He walked over to the security guard, a wizard called Eric, who checked his wand. Ron knew him well, and Eric made an exception; he gave Ron the wand back. If Ron hadn't been Ron Weasley he would have to give Eric the wand. After the wand checking Ron walked over to the lift.

On his way down to the Department for Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures, he greeted many people. Many of them he'd met as colleagues of his dad, Arthur Weasley. He'd been told for some years now that he was becoming more and more alike his father, in both personality and in appearance. He just "had to begin wearing glasses," someone told him once. But I'm not obsessive about Muggles and batteries, Ron thought. The only Muggleborn I fancy is Hermione.

"Level Four, Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures, incorporating Beast, Being and Spirit Divisions..." Ron heard the same female voice that was in the telephone box; he still remembered the voice from that fatal night Sirius died.

He got out, and looked after a hint of where Hermione would be. He knew she worked in the Being Division; that was what she'd told him at the dinner. Then, he saw a familiar face.

"Hey, Padma!" Ron ran down to a girl with long, black hair and brown eyes. She was holding a large book and Ron guessed it was about some animal: Padma Patil was working in the Beast Division, so she had to know where Hermione could possibly have her office.

"Hi, Ron! Looking for Hermione? Last room in the corridor, to the right," she said, winking to him.
Ron stood there with a confused look. "How did you-?"

Padma laughed. "Hermione's been talking about you all morning," she said. "Well, got to go, work's calling. Nice to talk with you again," she said, and walked away.

Ron went down the corridor, and looked after bushy hair. He spotted her at once, and sneaked up behind her.

"Who am I?"

"The man of my dreams?" Hermione guessed, took down Ron's hands from her eyes, and smiled.

"Maybe?" Ron said, hugging her.

"Why are you here?" Hermione said with tender eyes.

"Well, I just wondered if my lady would come with me to Hogsmeade? Harry and I are going to meet Lupin there at noon, and I knew you would see him again, so... do you want to come?"

Hermione thought for a moment. "Well, I guess I can take an early lunch. I'll just tell the others I'm off for a couple of hours, and then we can go," she said. She wrote a note, tipped her wand at it, and the paper folded itself to an aeroplane. Ron recognized them at once; they were 'inter-departmental memos'; his father had gotten a lot of them when Ron had at the Ministry with him once.

"So, I'm ready to go!" Hermione said, putting on her jacket and svishing with her wand, so the candlelights went out.
"See you in Hogsmeade," Ron said, and Apparated.

***************************************************

They arrived at the Three Broomsticks right in time. Ron realized that Hogsmeade hadn't changed anything since his last visit. Zonko's was as usual, the most popular shop, The Shrieking Shack was as miserable as ever and The Hog's Head was still for those who didn't go to pubs to drink Butterbeer.

Ron opened the door for Hermione, and walked in to a lot of noise and warmth, as it had always been at the Three Broomsticks.
"Over here, Ron!" he heard Harry's voice from the swarm, and made way to the table where Harry, Ginny and Lupin were sitting.

"Oh, hi, Gin! What are you doing here?" Ron asked, giving his little sister a good hug. She was silent for a moment. It was as though she was a little bit uncomfortable with the whole situation.

"Uhm.. Actually, I'm here with Harry," she said, giving a quick grin.

"I asked her with me, that's all right, isn't it mate?" Harry asked, winking to Ron.

"'Course it is," Ron said, a little bit confused.

"Hello, Professor," Hermione said, smiling to Lupin.

"Hermione please, call me Remus. I was your teacher a long time ago, and it was only for a year. It's nice to see all of you again," Lupin said, grinning.

Ron noticed that Lupin looked better than he'd been for many years. He seemed in a way... healthier than he'd been before. Although his brown hair had some grey in it, his skin wasn't pale anymore, and he just didn't look exhausted. He'd gotten himself new robes too.

They sat down, and Madam Rosmerta came to their table, to take orders. She hadn't changed since Ron's last visit either: she was still curvy, and had the pretty face. She had gotten some wrinkles now, though.

"Five Butterbeers, please," Lupin said, smiling to the woman.

"Five it is," she said, walking off to get the drinks. "

"So, why d'you want to talk to us, Remus?" said Harry, looking at him.

"Well..." Remus began. It was as if he didn't now where to start. "I don't know how to say this, but, all of you know that... that..."

"You're a werewolf?" Hermione said silently.

"Yes," Lupin said, clenching his fists. Ron heard Lupin taking a deep breath before he spoke again.

"What would you say if I'd been healed?" Remus said, looking down at the table. They all got silent, until Harry finally spoke:

"That... that would be wonderful!" he said, in a relieved voice.

"Yeah, great!" Ron said, grinning.

If there was something Lupin deserved, it was that. Ron had noticed how Lupin changed when the moon was nearly full; tired, ill, exhausted and in a bad mood. Ron felt Hermione's hand tightened her grip around his.

"You've been cured, haven't you, Remus?" Hermione asked, with hope in her voice.
Remus smiled, and lifted his head slowly. "Yes, dear Hermione, I have."

Hermione started to cry in relief. Ron stroked her on the back, and asked Remus: "You have? How?"

Remus started to laugh. "You don't know how much you're like your father, Ron," he said, "the voice, the appearance... He reacted just like you. Stroking Molly on her back, while he glanced at me, just like he didn't believe his ears. But yes, it's true. I have been in touch with St. Mungo's for a while now, as Ginny knows." Remus looked at Ginny, who just nodded, and smiled at the table. Ginny had become a Healer after leaving Hogwarts.

"I don't know if any of you know about the Homorphus Charm?" Lupin asked them. Everybody thought for a moment, except for Hermione, who dried her eyes.

"Hold on, isn't that a spell for... werewolves?" Harry said, in an inquiring voice.

"You're absolutely right, Harry," Remus said.

"Well, some Healers at St. Mungo's have done some research at it, and have, finally, improved it. Improved it enough that people who have become werewolves can now be fully healed." He stopped to catch his breath.

"The Potion I was taking when you were going at Hogwarts was helping too - I had my mind, not a werewolf's mind, and was harmless. But now I'm healthy and ok when the moon's full, and can do what ever I want to. And, to be honest, it's a relief, not thinking about when the moon's full next time, and worry about Potions and so on." Remus sat back - more relaxed now, Ron thought.

"Ginny," Remus continued, placing his hand on her forearm, "has supported me when we were facing bad luck."

"And Harry," Harry lifted his head up to look at Lupin, "has also helped me, in the way of just being there for me." Remus put his hand on Harry's shoulder.

"But, why didn't you tell us?" Hermione said, putting Ron's handkerchief in her pocket.

"Harry told me you were... what can I say? Busy, with each other," Remus said, smiling slightly.

"Oh," Hermione said, beginning to blush.

"And it makes me happy to know that you finally are together. Molly is really excited about it," said Remus, and started laughing again. "If you're going home to the Burrow, you'll hear Molly's talking about you all the time,"

"And, she's talking about another couple too," Harry said, in a low voice.

"Who?" Ron asked.

"Me and Harry, stupid," Ginny said, laughing.

Ron looked at Harry with surprise. "You didn't tell me, Harry!"

Harry started to laugh too. "Well, I didn't know how you would react. I remember how you reacted when Ginny told you she was together with Michael Corner and Dean, so... I didn't dare, I didn't want you to kill me, mate," he said, with a spark in his eye.

"Hey, why would I do that?" Ron asked, shrugging. "She deserves the best, and you're a good fellow," he said, grinning.

The five of them sat for a while, remembering good times at Hogwarts. Lupin told them about the people they knew - Dumbledore, Tonks, Snape, Malfoy and all the others. After Voldemort's fall, the Order were tracking down old and new Death Eaters, with Dumbledore in the lead, and they had gotten quite a few of them.

They paid for the Butterbeer, and Ron, Hermione and Lupin went outside in the sunshine. Harry and Ginny were sitting inside The Hog's Head; they were planning something, but they wouldn't tell what.

"So, when you and Harry are finished with your training, you're welcome to the Order, helping us to catch the bad guys," Remus said.

"Of course we will," Ron said, hugging Remus. Hermione stood a little bit away, and she seemed shocked.

"What's the matter?" Remus asked, taking her hand.

"Well, I... oh, it's just to good to be true, Remus!" Hermione said, hugging him.

"Well, it is true, 'Mione," Ron said, taking his arm around her shoulders.

"Yes, I agree, Hermione, it's just fantastic. But that's one of the good things of living in the Wizard world - everything can be cured. You just have to be patient. For you two," Remus continued, smiling at Ron and Hermione, "it just took a little bit longer than I expected. I hope you'll be happy together."
Ron looked at Hermione, and she at him. "Yes. I think we will, Remus. Good bye!" Ron said, giving him a last handshake, and then Remus was away with a recognizable 'pop'.

Ginny and Harry came out from the Three Broomsticks, hand in hand.

"Aren't they sweet together?" Hermione whispered.

Yes, Ron had to agree; they were, actually, perfect together. Harry was a head taller than Ginny, and they had the same sense of humour, the same personality.. Ron couldn't think of anyone else who could match Ginny this way. Harry hadn't been this happy for a long time. Thanks to Ginny, Harry laughed again.

Ron looked down at Hermione, gave her a kiss and wrapped his arms around her. "They are perfect. Just like you and me, 'Mione," he said.

"Yes," Hermione said, "Just like you and me."

Ron cleared his throat. "Uhm, Hermione?" Hermione looked up to him. Her hair was shining in the sunlight.

"Yesterday night... I just wanted to say that it was... wonderful. And I just wanted to say..." Ron began. He felt he was sweating. Why did he have so much trouble of telling his feelings?

"What, Ron?" Hermione was now looking suspicious.

"Well, you told me you'd loved me since we were forth years. But I... I have loved you since the day Harry and I saved you from the troll, in our first year. When I saw you under the sink, so helpless and afraid, I just... melted. Then, when I'd rescued you, I just was in shock. I had saved you, Hermione, from a troll. And I was proud. But I didn't show it, in fear of being revealed.

"Until now I have kept one of my deepest secrets; I have loved you since I was eleven years old. And my feelings for you've just grown stronger and deeper. I love you Hermione, I love you."

A tear trickled down Hermione's face. "That was one of the most wonderful things I've ever heard, Ron," she said, taking his hand and kissing it, "and I love you, Ronald."

Ron was relived that he eventually had told Hermione about his feelings. He'd finally got the girl of his dreams, and life couldn't be better.

"Lets go home, take the day of, please, 'Mione," Ron said. "Do you want to come?" he asked Harry.

"No, we are going to go look for a nice house. We've actually thought to look at my parents' house... in Godric's Hollow. Its been rebuilt, and I've found out where they lived. Dumbledore helped me a bit, and found out that it's for sale. I'll talk to you later, mate," Harry said, giving Ron a clap on the back.

Ginny and Ron hugged each other. "I'm so happy for you," Ginny said to her brother.

"And I for you," Ron said. He heard two more 'pop', and he and Hermione were alone in Hogsmeade.

"I would love to take the day off, just for spending it with you, Ron" Hermione said, and took his hand.

"Then I hope you would spend all your days with me, Hermione, 'cause I love you, from the deepest of my heart." Hermione looked up at him, got up at tiptoe and gave him a deep kiss. It filled Ron with a lovely feeling, filling him to his fingertips. He knew he was the luckiest man in the Wizard World.

"Yes, Ron, I will. Forever."

Ron smiled. "I love you, Hermione. For now and forever."

A/N: Please, R/R. Hope you've enjoyed the story as much as I have with writing it.
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=6958