He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not by Everlasting
Summary: Just a quick one-shot about Remus being unsure of his love for Sirius. But is it the love itself or the uncertainty of Sirius' that's making him feel this way? Slightly fluffy. One-shot.
Categories: Remus/Sirius Characters: None
Warnings: Slash
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 960 Read: 2226 Published: 07/14/07 Updated: 07/20/07

1. One-Shot. by Everlasting

One-Shot. by Everlasting
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer: I own none of these characters and don't have real permission to use them; this entire, amazing world was created by J.K. Rowling - sadly. Don't sue ;]


“Hey Padfoot, look who’s staring at you!” James exclaimed happily, bounding into the Gryffindor common room with a grin.



Remus’ and Sirius’ heads jerked up to look at James, Sirius raising an eyebrow and Remus blushing heatedly and looking back down immediately. The two Marauders had been playing chess in front of the crackling fire while Peter watched excitedly from the chair next to them.



“He was not staring at me; we were playing chess. Sod off,” Sirius rolled his eyes, shunning the hope in him.



“He was too,” James pouted, walking over to them and observing the chess board. “Weren’t you, Moony?”



Remus blushed even more than he had been. James embarrassingly knew of his crush on Sirius, and he always felt the need to amplify it to everyone “ especially in front of Sirius himself.



“See? Look it that. He was,” James insisted, flopping down on the couch next to Peter.



Sirius rolled his eyes and made his move on the board.



“So who’s winning?” James asked Peter curiously.



“Padfoot,” Peter replied in his mousy voice.



“Really?” James nodded in mock interest. “That’s unusual,” he sarcastically commented.



Remus flushed and moved his knight to E-5 which was shortly destroyed by Sirius’ bishop.



“You’re too bloody good at this,” Remus muttered, looking up at Sirius.



“He’s staring at you again!” James jokingly yelled, causing some first years from the opposite side of the room to look over strangely at him.



“Shut up, Prongs,” Sirius muttered, completely winning Remus over at the match and then proceeding to clean up the pieces.



“I think you’re in loooveee, Padfoot,” Peter played along.



“Guys. Seriously.”



“Ahahahaha! He said ‘siriusly’!” Peter exclaimed annoyingly.



“Shut up, Wormtail,” James demanded, rolling his eyes. “You’re not good at this.”



Peter fell silent.



“So, anyway… Get any girls today at Hogsmeade when I was acting out my lovely plan on Lily?” James questioned Sirius, hoping to stir up some kind of retort.



“Which was a lovely plan, of course,” Remus muttered.



James blushed. “Shut up.”



“No, I didn’t ‘get any girls’, actually,” Sirius answered. “And besides, your plan was bloody terrible.”



James thought this over. “Yes,” he said, nodding, “but she agreed to go out with me.”



Sirius snorted. “Yeah, she said she would if you stopped taunting Snivellus.”



“And I will,” James insisted.



“No you won’t,” Sirius pressed.



James pouted.



“Oh, stop trying to look all innocent. You know she only said that so you’d stop being such a git to him,” Sirius said, looking over at Remus’ troubled face.



“Hey Moony, I think it’s time we pull out your seduction again. Got any poetry lines? Or have you got any leftover roses from last week when “” James began, cut off by Sirius.



“When Lily burned the batch and threw it in your face?”



“Shut up, Padfoot.”



Sirius sniggered as Remus remained staring at the floor.



“What’s wrong, Moony?” Sirius asked. Remus looked up at him and shrugged.



“Nothing,” he sat up straight and sighed.



“Don’t lie,” Sirius said.



“I’m not,” Remus insisted.



“Yes you are,” Sirius said. “I can tell.”



“Aww, how sweet. Sentiments of a lover,” James grinned.



“If I have to tell you one more time, Prongs “”



“Okay, okay, I’ll sod off. Hey Wormtail, want a game of chess? Reckon I could do better than Padfoot anyway,” James distracted himself.



Peter agreed and he and James soon sat at the table that Sirius and Remus had just been at. Sirius remained watching Remus.



“Come on, Moony. What’s up?” Sirius asked, worried for his friend.



“I’m telling you, it’s nothing,” Remus persisted, standing up. “I’m just… I dunno. The full moon is in four days and I guess I just feel drowsy.”



Sirius looked doubtful at his answer, but seemed to consider it and nodded. “Okay.” He decided he wouldn’t press Remus any further for any more answers when he obviously didn’t want to give any.



“I’m gonna go up to bed,” Remus announced, heading over to the boys’ dormitories.



“’Night,” Peter squeaked carelessly.



James’ head whipped around. “G’night, Moony.”



Sirius simply watched Remus worriedly as Remus looked back at him and then ascended the stairs to the boys dormitories.



When Remus reached his bed he flopped down on it, glad that no one else was in the room. He took James’ idea and reached under his bed for the old roses he had spoke of “ the leftover ones that hadn’t been burned by Lily, which James was keeping for future ‘seduction purposes’.



Remus pulled out a single rose and sat back on his four-poster, staring down at the rose’s blood-red beauty. One-by-one he began plucking out the petals, thinking of Sirius and saying as he did so, “He loves me… he loves me not… he loves me… he loves me not…”



Suddenly the doorknob to the dormitory opened and in walked Sirius, just in time to hear Remus’ last chants. There was nothing in Remus’ power he could do to hide the rose now that Sirius had already seen him clearly holding it.



Remus cleared his throat and shoved the rose under his bed, aware that he had been caught and trying to destroy any further embarrassment.



“Sirius, I”” Remus blurted out as Sirius stepped over to Remus’s bed with a surprised and gratified expression on his face.



“Shh,” Sirius hushed Remus as he sat next to him on his bed, causing Remus to get automatic butterflies in his stomach. “He loves you,” Sirius said, leaning forward and planting a soft kiss on his fellow Marauder’s lips.




Please review; it'd make me happy. =D


This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=69753