The Good Side of Veritaserum by Ronsgrl95
Summary: What happends when Malfoy spikes Ron's pumpkin juice with Veritaserum? Will Ron and Hermione finally get together or will it just make things worse between them?

Read to find out!
Categories: Ron/Hermione Characters: None
Warnings: Alternate Universe, Substance Abuse
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1275 Read: 3876 Published: 07/14/07 Updated: 07/20/07

1. Chapter 1 by Ronsgrl95

Chapter 1 by Ronsgrl95
Author's Notes:
Thank you for reading!

Discalimer: I don't own HP. I put "Substance Abuse" as a warning because Malfoy is dealing with Veritaserum and is using it in the way that's not good! And also cause I put a suggestible word in it...
“Morning, Potter,” Malfoy spat at Harry while walking out of the Great Hall. Harry turned around to face him and rolled his eyes.



“What do you want?" Harry asked sarcastically with a sly grin.



Malfoy walked on, ignoring the remark that Harry made. Harry shrugged and walked towards the Gryffindor table to enjoy breakfast with Ron and Hermione.



“Harry, what was Malfoy saying to you?” Ron asked looking very concerned. “Nothing important. Why?” Harry said. Ron didn’t answer; instead he took a big bite of his pancakes. Harry scrunched his forehead and repeated, “Why?”



Ron finally swallowed. “He was really…he said ‘Have a nice breakfast, Weasley.’ I was just wondering if he had said anything to you similar to that.”



Harry was about to say something when Ron dropped his fork and looked towards the Slytherin table. Malfoy had come back into the Great Hall and was now sitting with his trusty sidekicks, Crabbe and Goyle.



Ron rolled his eyes, then Hermione spoke up for the first time that morning.



“Those foul creatures,” she said with disgust. She didn’t look so well.



“Hermione, you okay?” Harry asked.



“What? Oh, yeah. I’m fine. Just a little tired, that’s all,” she answered back, looking like she snapped out of a trance.



Ron shrugged again, and took a big gulp of pumpkin juice. That was when he started acting strange.



Ron sat up very straight, and put his pumpkin juice down hard to where it splashed onto the table.



“Ron, what’s wrong?” Harry asked, trying to clean up the spill.



“Nothing,” Ron answered impassively.



That was when Malfoy walked over.



“So, Weasley. Who do you think is the most beautiful girl in the entire world?” Malfoy asked with a smile.



Ron answered very quickly, “Hermione.”



Hermione turned a very deep shade of red, looking down at her food.



Malfoy continued with his strange questions. “So, if you could kiss any girl in the world, would it be Granger?”



“Yes,” Ron replied in monotone. Everyone at the table knew what was going on and were now laughing hysterically.



Harry whispered, “Ron, mate, snap out of it.” He looked over at Hermione, who looked like she was at the verge of tears.



Malfoy didn’t stop there.



“Ok, one more question. Who do you care about the most and why?”



“Hermione, I love her,” Ron answered, showing no sign of happiness.



Hermione was a deep color of crimson and was crying.



“Thanks for letting me know, Weasley,” Malfoy said before fleeing the Great Hall, laughing.



Everyone was still laughing, except for Harry, Ron, and of course, Hermione.



Ron suddenly jolted as though he had been shocked and looked around.



“Ron, what happened?” Harry asked his eyes opened wide.



“I…I don’t know,” he spun around to face Hermione, who was in full-fled crying mode.



“Uh…Hermione I...”



She got up from the table and rushed out of the room. Harry swore he could hear her sobs coming from the stairs.



~_~_~






“That git put Veritaserum in your pumpkin juice! That’s why you were saying all of those things. Do you really feel that way about Hermione?” Harry asked, while walking with Ron towards the common room. Harry really wanted to leave Ron alone, but he was going to walk with him until they reached the Fat Lady.



“Well, yeah I do,” Ron answered, turning the same color of crimson that Hermione did earlier that day.



“I would just give it some time. She will probably want to talk about it with you. Just wait and see,” Harry said, trying to cheer Ron up, but nothing seemed to be working.



“That’s not really something Hermione would do. I think she likes not talking to me,” Ron said. He sighed and said the one thing that Harry was glad he said. “Mate, I’m going to the Dormitory. I’ll see you later,”



“Alright,” Harry said, and turned around and walked towards the Quidditch Pitch.



~_~_~




Later that night, Ron lay in his bed, awake and stressed about the happenings of that day. He was in deep though about how to talk to Hermione when all of the sudden he heard the door to the Dormitory open and heard tiny footsteps coming towards his bed.



‘It can’t be Hermione; it’s not in her nature to want to talk to me.’ Ron thought.



But it was Hermione.



“Ron…Ron wake up.”



He opened his eyes slowly to see the tiny figure of Hermione.



“Can I see you in the common room for a moment? We need to talk,” she said as though pleading.



“Uh…ok,” he said. Ron put on his robe and followed Hermione down the stairs into the spacey large room.



‘Great! She’s probably going to start crying and yell at me!’ Ron thought in his head.



Hermione sat down on the couch and Ron sat down beside her.



Ron decided to speak up first. “Listen, Hermione. I’m really sorry about”‘’



“No! It wasn’t your fault. It was that bloody bastard Malfoy.”



Ron looked at her with wide eyes. He had never heard her say anything like that before.



She blushed and continued.



“I also overreacted a bit. But that’s not what I wanted to talk to you about.”



She looked down at the floor and took a deep breath in.



“Do you really feel that way about me?” she asked.



“Well, yeah. But-“



Hermione cut him off again. “Look, I’m not mad! It’s just no one has ever…no one’s ever said anything like that about me before. I just…” her voice trailed off.



Apparently she was tired too.



“It’s okay,” Ron said, reaching over and putting his arms around her waist and pulling her close. He kissed her passionately on the lips. And surprisingly, she did the same.



This went on for about a minute until Hermione broke the kiss.



“Ron, I…wow,” she said, looking flustered. She sank into the couch.



Ron smiled, “Yeah.”



“So, I guess this means that were together now. Like a…a couple,” Hermione said.



“I guess. Is that okay?” Ron asked.



Hermione leaned over and kissed him once more. “Of course it is.”



“Cool,” was all Ron could say, wondering if he was going to remember all this tomorrow.



“Yeah, cool. I’ll see you in the morning, boyfriend,” she said with her usual sly smile.



“Hey, Hermione? Thanks for understanding. You’re great,” Ron said.



Hermione blushed again. “You’re welcome.”



She climbed up the stairs and then she suddenly stopped.



She spun around and said a very Hermione-ish remark.



“Just because I’m now your girlfriend doesn’t mean that I am going to be extra nice to you.”



Ron looked at her questionably, but relaxed when she added, “But I will be nice. Don’t worry,”



With that, she glided up the stairs, her small body not making a sound on the hard concrete.



Ron sat back and sighed. She was finally his.



~_~_~




A/N: Wow...my very first fic! I know it's a bit cheezy at the end but I thought it would go with the story! Oh, and by the way...using the bad word was something that I didn't entend to do but the reason I did put it was because I wanted to really show the anger and embarrasment that Hermione was feeling towards Malfoy for doing that. I DO NOT talk like that and I don't like it when people do, but I really thought I needed to put that in there. Anyway, please review!

This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=69775