Accidentaly in Love by DoubleStickTape
Summary: lily has isolated herself from evryone, but what happens when something as important as a diary gets into his hands? Will he be able to get Lily back into reality without her pusing away?
Categories: James/Lily Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: No Word count: 1325 Read: 1765 Published: 12/19/04 Updated: 03/14/06

1. Laugh by DoubleStickTape

Laugh by DoubleStickTape
Disclaimer- I OWN NOTHING THAT RELATES TO ANY OF THE REAL HP STUFF!




Chapter 1- Laugh



It was no lie that Lily Evans had changed over the summer. Everyone could tell. She was sliding out of real reality into her own. She didn’t laugh or smile quite as much as she used to, she didn’t run around the halls with her mates, and her grades were slightly slipping. She had built a wall between herself and everyone around her, and there was nothing anyone could do to break it down. She was cooped up in her own mind, her thoughts engulfed her, and she had come to the decision that she would hide herself from the world now that all that she had was gone. She barley talked, when before she was could always be seen laughing and conversing with her friends. She wouldn’t let anyone get through to her; it was as if she wanted it this way. She wanted to end her last year at Hogwarts tucked away from everyone. And she would stop at nothing to let her plan go accordingly. But to Lily’s dismay there was one person that wouldn’t leave her be, James Potter. He tried with all his might to crack Lily, to make her laugh, but he always failed. It broke her heart everyday to see her friends slip farther and father away, but that’s what she wanted. She couldn’t deal with what would happen if she did come out of this reality she had made, she wouldn’t be able to bare the loss that she thought that she would get. Lily didn’t know at the time but she was about to crack, that this night she would step out of her reality long enough for someone to notice and scoop her up and crack her.




“As I said before Padfoot my friend, England has the best chance of winning the Cup this year. They have the best chaser and as I might add they haven’t lost a game so far this year,” James Potter pointed out to his best friend. It was late on Monday evening; him and his three best friends were sprawled out in the common room having one of their legendary quidditch debates. They were the best of friends, they called themselves the Marauders a name they got from Lily herself, but it was known the only thing they didn’t have the same thoughts on was quidditch.



“James are you blind! Bulgaria will flat out destroy them in the next game! They have the best seeker I have ever seen!” Remus retorted.


Their little chatter went on. The common room was mostly empty with a few late night studiers flopped out on the couches and chairs. But in the corner of the room sat Lily. She was drawing the Marauders in their heated discussion. She found the only way to let out her anger and pain was drawing. She could just forget about the world around her and just draw. But tonight she felt different. She listened to their debate, and of course she went with James’ opinion that England was well out to win the cup. She of course didn’t voice that opinion. She kept drawing and listening, as the debate went on.


“No no no, Wormtail. There is no way in hell that Spain has a chance at winning the cup! I say Ireland all the way. I think it will be an England and Ireland match, but of course McLaggin will get the snitch first before Anderson. I mean Anderson has skill but he is wobbly on the broom. McLaggin rides like he has ridden his whole life,” Sirius pointed out.


“Well I will give you that much that McLaggin knows what he is doing. But I still think Bulgaria has a good shot.” Remus answered.


“By the way didn’t any of you finish that Potions Essay?” James asked. He was defiantly not the brains of the group. Not saying that he was not smart just that he didn’t use his brain to the fullest. He was one of the most sought after guys at Hogwarts, he was very good looking, and extremely athletic. But he didn’t want all those girls there as only one that he wanted.


“Yes I did it…” Remus said searching through his bag, “Here.” He handed it to James. Remus was by far the most reasonable out of the four. He was the quietest, and the one that usually did all the homework. But of course he was extremely good looking as well. But there was a side the Remus that not many new. He changed with the moon, when he was young he was bitten by a werewolf. James, Sirius and Peter (asshole!!!) had found out at the end of second year, and became animagus to help Remus when he transforms.


“Jeez Prongs, never doing your homework…” Sirius laughed passing James and Remus a Chocolate Frog. Sirius was the clown out of the group. Very goofy was his style, and for some reason the girls liked it. Now, Sirius was not a player but he enjoyed the attention he got from the girls. But he was not all fun and games, he had a troubled past. His own mother hated him for not being a Slyrtherin and for what she said “a mudblood lover”, he was kicked out of the house and blasted off the tapestry two years ago. That incident, made him stronger and he was actually a great listener and gave great advice. But he rarely showed that side.


“Give me one!” Peter squealed at Sirius. Peter was the tagalong of the group. He never left their said. It wasn’t quite understood why he was part of the marauders, but he was. He wasn’t the best looking or the most popular but he had a mind of his own filled with hatred to his so-called friends. He was just waiting for the day when he could destroy them forever, or his master could.


“Don’t whine Pete, here…” Sirius opened one and the frog jumped out and landed on Peters head. Peter let out a high scream and chased the fog that was now running around the common room. The rest of the marauders laughed. And so did Lily, who was still in the corner.


James looked up, “Isn’t that Evans over there?” he had heard her laugh.


“Looks like it mate. Is that what I think it is? Laughter coming from her?” Sirius asked.


James got up intrigued, and walked over to the small girl sitting in the corner. “Lily?”


Lily dint think anyone had heard her laugh. She looked up and started. She didn’t answer; she just stared up at him.


“Um… would you like a chocolate frog?” He took one out of his pocket and shoved it towards her. She was blushing now. It had been nine days since anyone had talked to her, and it had been a record. She shook her head and stood up quickly. Him that close was to close for comfort. She shoved her way past him and up to her dormitory.


James turned. “All I did was ask her if she wanted a Chocolate frog.” He mumbled. As he walked away from where she had been sitting he kicked something. James bent down and picked up the object in question. He read the front and gaped. There in his hands he held the diary/ sketchbook of Lily Evans.


“Oy James! Fancy a game of Exploding Snap before we call it a night?” Remus yelled.


James stuffed the book in his robes and ran back to his friends. He had no idea that he might have just cracked Lily Evans.




(do u like it? Im not sure is I do… please review!!! Merry Christmas!)
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=7026