The Music was Pure Magic by Soccer_rocks_likeHP
Summary: Everyone has come to the wedding of Bill Weasley and Fleur Delacour. At the reception there's dancing, refreshments, and love (not just between the bride and groom). Ron takes Hermione to the dance floor and emotions are revealed.



This was written for Roxy Black's From Fluff to Fiction Owl Level Romance class of Summer 2007. I am Harry_Rulz of Hufflepuff!!!
Categories: Ron/Hermione Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1022 Read: 3418 Published: 08/08/07 Updated: 08/09/07

1. Chapter 1 by Soccer_rocks_likeHP

Chapter 1 by Soccer_rocks_likeHP
“Come and dance,” Ron added abruptly to Hermione.

She looked taken aback, but pleased too, and got up. Hermione grasped the arm that Ron held out and he led her through the crowd to the far side of the dance floor. Ron wanted to get as far from Viktor Krum as possible.

Once they arrived at the stage, where the band was playing, Ron took Hermione’s hand in his and wrapped the other one around her waist. Hermione’s free hand slipped over his shoulder and she smiled up at him as they started swaying.

The music was pure magic. As they swayed Ron unconsciously brought Hermione closer. In turn Hermione slipped her hand out of Ron’s grasp and both hands went up around Ron’s neck.

The two stayed like that, only staring into each other’s eyes. The song ended but their dancing did not cease. They were oblivious to the fact that a little more upbeat song had begun.

Ron slowly led them to the right. He had to pay attention to where his feet were going now. If he didn’t, Ron feared he would trip and fall on Hermione. During this moment he noticed the change in music and picked up the pace. Ron pulled slightly apart from his partner and spun her around once before resuming dancing.

As they neared their destination, the far corner, they passed Luna and her swinging arms. Hermione didn’t seem to notice when a slender arm swung out aimed directly at her head. Ron, however, did notice.

Without any warning, Ron dipped Hermione low. This received a gasp of surprise from Hermione. At this angle he could see the candlelight’s reflection in Hermione’s wide chocolate eyes. Ron had to smile, she looked so beautiful that he couldn’t help it!

“Ron, I think it’s okay to let me up now,” Hermione giggled as she saw his cheeks turn pink.

“Sorry, Hermione,” Ron said, standing her up and continuing to dance. “Have I told you how beautiful you look today?”

“Yes, about a hundred times, but thank you again,” Hermione blushed. “You don’t look half bad yourself.”

They danced in silence, just gazing at each other longingly, for what seemed like hours. Ron spun Hermione once more, watching the glossy brown curls, which had escaped the hair clip, swirl around her face.

Ron stopped her and took the position that they had been in to begin with. Ron reached out and gently slid a lock of hair behind her ear and smiling down at her flushed cheeks.

“Um, Hermione… I-I really like you,” Ron said, face quickly turning a deep scarlet as his gaze fell to his shoes.

“I…really like you to,” Hermione said amazed at what had come out of her boyfriend’s mouth. This is the moment she had been waiting for forever. The moment when he wasn’t shoveling food into his mouth but speaking the words that revealed his true feelings for her.

“Great!” he replied excitedly, looking up and giving Hermione’s hand a light squeeze. No one could ruin this moment, not even stupid Viktor Krum. They rocked back and forth, Hermione’s head resting on Ron’s chest, for she was just barely too short to meet his shoulder comfortably.

When the song ended Hermione pulled back and gazed up into Ron’s shining blue eyes.

“Ron, I never knew you could dance so well! This was so much fun, but these heels are killing me! I must sit and rest a minute!” Hermione praised a sweet smile spreading from one ear to the other.

Suddenly a fast, upbeat song started to play and Ron couldn’t hold in his excitement as he spoke.

“This is my favorite song! Please stay, just one more dance?” Ron pleaded, his eyes resembling a two year-old’s when begging for a new toy. Hermione laughed, her voice sounded light and musical.

“Oh, all right! Just one more,” Hermione beamed.

Ron’s face lit up as he grabbed Hermione’s hand and spun her around. They became one with the music- twisting, turning, and spinning at all the right parts. Their laughter and enjoyment was noticed throughout the room.

The time flew by and the next thing that either of them knew the song had ended.

“That was incredible! I’ve got to go sit down. That’s all my feet can handle! I’ll go find Harry, I mean Barny,” Hermione giggled catching her slip up.

“I’ll grab us some butterbeers,” Ron said kissing Hermione on the cheek. Hermione watched as he turned around to find a waiter and almost make contact with Luna’s flailing arm.

Ron faced Hermione and gave her a thumbs up to show he had everything under control. The problem was, he kept walking during the thumbs up and ended up running into Ginny, who was dancing with Lee Jordan.

Hermione shook her head in disbelief and laughed as Ron stood apologizing over and over. He even acted like he was straightening Ginny’s hair. How can he be so clumsy sometimes? Thought Hermione. She glanced back at Ron to see him flash a brilliant smile at her, bringing a blush upon her cheeks. Who am I kidding? He makes me laugh and is so sweet!

Once Hermione had pushed her way through the pack of wedding guests crowding the dance floor, she saw Harry talking to Ron’s Auntie Muriel and a vaguely familiar man with a tuft of white hair. Hermione drew up a chair beside Harry and sat down.

“I simply can’t dance anymore,” she panted, slipping off one of her shoes and rubbing the sole of her foot. “Ron’s gone looking to find more butterbeers. It’s a bit odd, I’ve just seen Viktor storming away from Luna’s father, it looked like they’d been arguing”“ Hermione dropped her voice, staring at him. “Harry, are you okay?”

Harry just sat there, looking worried and not sure of what to say. This cannot be good, Hermione thought.
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=71084