Until the End :: A Collection of One-Shots by Dobby135
Summary: The death, crossing, and funeral of Lupin and Tonks.
Categories: Dark/Angsty Fics Characters: None
Warnings: Character Death
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: No Word count: 1864 Read: 1730 Published: 10/21/07 Updated: 10/21/07

1. Til Death Do Us Part by Dobby135

Til Death Do Us Part by Dobby135
Author's Notes:
I was very upset by the deaths of Lupin and Tonks and at how little they were in the books, so I decided to write about iit! I hope you guys enjoy. Please review! :)
An ominous sky hung overhead as a thick wind blew by. Inside the house, a single dim light shone out of the first floor bedroom.

A young woman with vibrant pink hair sat on the couch, cuddling her infant blue-haired son. Nearby, a middle-aged man looked lovingly at the woman and the child.

“Beautiful, isn’t he?” said Tonks, looking through her kind eyes at her husband. A smile stretched across her face as her husband came to join her on the couch. He placed his arm around her, pulling both her and the baby into a hug.

“You both are,” Remus stated, giving his wife a soft kiss on the cheek. Tonks returned the kiss, and then snuggled up against him. The family sat in bliss for several minutes.

Suddenly, a strange aura seemed to fill the room as if something was interrupting them. Soon enough, a silvery mist in the form of a lynx appeared. “There’s been an attack at Hogwarts! All Order members need to apparate to the Hogs Head- Immediately!”

Terror struck both Tonks’s and Remus’s face. Remus immediately ran into the closet- where he threw on his ragged cloak and stuck his wand in his pocket. Tonks placed Teddy in his crib, and gathered her wand.

“I’ll go wake mum to watch Teddy,” Tonks directed towards her husband. He paused half-way in his tracks, looking apprehensively as his wife.

“What are you talking about? You’re staying here!” Remus exclaimed. He looked more worried and tired than he had in the past few months.

“I am not! I’m going to fight with the Order like I promised to when I joined! I’m going to get my mum!”

As she made her way towards the bedroom door, Remus sped up and grabbed her shoulder. He pulled her towards him. “One of us needs to stay here! There’s a good chance one of us won’t make it tonight. Teddy needs his mother!”

“He needs his father too!” Tears started to flow down Tonks’s cheeks. She started to walk backwards towards the door, falling on her posterior soon after. While on the floor, she looked up at her husband. Tears were relentlessly sliding down her face.

Remus walked towards his wife, kneeled down, and embraced her in a tranquilizing hug.

“I have to go, Dora. You have to stay, he needs you,” Remus whispered into her ear, attempting to break the hug. However, Tonks held on and would not let go.

“But we both need you,” she said through her sobs as she clenched onto her husband even tighter. For what seemed like minutes, the couple just held on to each other, as if their love could fix the world.
“I need to go. You need to stay. Teddy needs you.” Remus slowly kissed his wife as tears began to gather in his eyes as well. After they released, Remus walked over to the crib and lifted his son into his arms. “Be good to your mum, okay- especially if I don’t come back. Do everything she tells you to do and don’t cause too much trouble. Live your life to the fullest and make your mum proud. And most importantly, don’t ever be ashamed of anything-” Large drops fell from his eyes and he pulled his bouncing son into an embrace. “Anything at all.” Remus gave his son a silent kiss and placed him back into the crib. Tonks, watching this, stood unable to say anything, as if her heart had just broken.

Remus walked towards the door and opened it, starting into the dark hall. He turned his head towards his wife for one last time, “I love you. More than life itself.” The tearing Tonks ran toward him and jumped into his arms, pulling him into a passionate kiss that seemed to last a life time.

“I love you too.” And with that, Remus walked down the hall and out of the house. He disappeared into the darkness.

As soon as he exited, Tonks fell flat against the hallway wall and slid to the floor. How could this be happening? She thought to herself, burying her face in her hands. I can’t just sit here and wait for somebody to come tell me my husband is dead. After several long minutes, she stood up and headed back into the bedroom where her young son had fallen asleep. She lifted the slumbering baby from the crib and clasped him gently. While looking at him, all she could think of was Remus. Did he get there? Was he okay? Waterworks began to sprout vigorously from her eyes.

She couldn’t take this. She couldn’t handle the thought of not knowing whether or not her husband would come home that night. She looked down at her son and decided what she was going to do. Still holding Teddy, she sprinted to her mother’s bedroom. Her mother looked up frightened. She ran to her daughter’s side once she saw her distraught state. “He’s gone to fight. I have to go after him. Watch Teddy- especially if I don’t come back.”

Her mother looked sadder than she had since her Ted’s death. She wrapped her arms around Tonks and Teddy. “Please don’t do this Dora. Please-”

“I have to mum. He’s my husband. I can’t stay here not knowing. You would’ve done the same for dad. So please just let me go!” She gave her mother a peck on the cheek. “Will you please watch him?”

“Of course.” She gave her daughter a reassuring look. “Just be careful. I love you.”


“Love you too mum.” Tonks looked down at her young son in her arms- he seemed to have woken up in the commotion. She gave him a kiss and cuddled him very close to her, whispering in his ear. “Be good for grandma. And if I don’t come back, I want you to know how much I love you. Be who you are, for ever and always.” She gave him another kiss, gently handed him to her mother, and sprinted out the hall.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Tonks entered the Room of Requirement through the secret passage way, following an old witch with a moth-eaten hat. Once inside, Tonks saw Ginny Weasley looking just as frightened as she was. Dazed as to what was happening outside this room, Tonks stepped towards the door, but stopped suddenly when Harry entered.

“Ah, Potter. Can you tell us what’s going on?” the old woman- who Tonks recognized as Augusta Longbottom- stated.

“Is everyone okay?” Ginny and Tonks said together. Tonks’s mind seemed to drift away at the thought of what might happen to her husband.

“I thought you were supposed to be with Teddy at your mother’s?” asked Harry.

“I couldn’t stand not knowing-” Tonks tried to cover up the tears in her eyes. “She’ll look after him. Have you seen Remus?”

“He was planning to lead a group of fighters into the grounds-” Tonks ran out the door and sped up the steps before Harry could finish his sentence, with Ginny speeding after her.

The commotion at Hogwarts was more than Tonks could imagine. Everywhere she stepped she saw another victim of the battle. The castle seemed to be falling apart before her very eyes, yet all she could think about was where Remus was located. Ginny soon caught up with Tonks. They started a trio duel with the Death Eaters, defeating most of them. Aberforth came forth and assisted, just as they defeated the last Death Eater in the area.

“Have you seen Remus?” Tonks called after him.

“He was dueling Dolohov,” Aberforth shouted across the hall, “haven’t seen him since.” Ginny started to shout something, but Tonks couldn’t hear it over the raucous in the castle. She sped off after Aberforth towards the Hogwarts grounds.

Dodging many spells and fighting Death Eaters along the way, Tonks made it to the grounds. She sprinted through the grounds, attempting to find Remus. When she finally did find him, several minutes later, he looked very weak. He had just sent a stunning spell on Dolohov, who fell to the ground for a moment. Remus wheeled around and saw her standing there. He looked both relieved and saddened at the same time.

“You should have stayed!” said Remus- who looked extremely wearied. “I don’t know what I’d do if something happens to you!”

“I know, but I couldn’t stay there not knowing if something happened to you!” He pulled her into a tight and loving hug, but released her quickly as Dolohov began to gain movement.

“Go back Dora! Go back!”

“I’m here to fight with you, even if it takes us to our ends.” Remus looked very touched at these words and replied with a quiet “I love you”, but was forced to turn back to reality as Dolohov sent a curse at him- which missed him by an inch. Tonks turned to fight Dolohov, but was stopped when Bellatrix Lestrange headed towards her.

“My little niece and her pathetic werewolf husband. How adorable!” Her cold laugh echoed through the grounds. She sent a spell at Tonks, which caught her right in the chest. Tonks fell to the ground, but got up a moment later. She quickly retaliated by sending a very accurate stunning spell Belatrix’s way. Once Bellatrix had stalled, Tonks starred toward her husband, about ten meters away, dueling Dolohov. Remus seemed to become more tired and fragile with every hit he received. Dolohov did not look nearly as exhausted.

Dolohov released a cruel laugh, and sent a curse at Remus, who was hit fully by it. Through Tonks’s eyes, he seemed to fall in slow motion. Forgetting about Bellatrix, she ran towards him hoping to stop his fall. “He can’t be dead, he can’t! “She thought frantically. Yet he was not moving. Her heart seemed to be breaking inside of her. They had only been together for such a short time. This couldn’t be the end- she wouldn’t accept it! Once she neared him, she reached down and grabbed his hand, hoping he was alright. She heard a cold snigger behind and felt everything around her fading. Her body fell limp beside her husbands, their hands still clutching.

“Harry had a clear view of the bodies lying next to Fred: Remus and Tonks, pale and still peaceful-looking, apparently asleep beneath the dark, chanted ceiling.”
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Authors Note: Several quotes from this scene were taken directly from Deathly Hallows. I just want to say I do not own these quotes or any of these characters. I hope you guys liked it! Please Review!
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=74166