Peace by boo_kat
Summary: A certain Headmaster let's us know how he's feeling at the moment....
Categories: General Fics Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 843 Read: 1836 Published: 10/22/07 Updated: 10/23/07

1. Peace by boo_kat

Peace by boo_kat
Author's Notes:
Let us let it be.
The quest of a man is an odd thing. Some know not their quest until the very end of their life, and they know it has been fulfilled. Others are born with their quests embedded deep within their souls. Even more, like myself, find their quest on the long journey of life.

I even changed quests a few times, and I deeply disliked some of them. The original quest was for power, and to two young boys power was an enigma that drew us together, and then apart. The next quest was to shun power and to avoid it’s tempestuous ways. I feared power now.

My next quest was my least favorite. I was to hunt down the young man who had shared my quest for power and destroy him. I wanted not to do it at all. No one knew we had been friends, and so could not understand my hesitation. They also did not know that I had loved the young man.

At a time when all seemed lost and in the dark, he appeared in my world as a beacon of summer. The feelings that I had long bottled up suddenly bubbled to the top when I met him. To him I was simply a colleague with many good ideas in common, but he was, quite simply, the love of my life.

Now I had to hunt him down? I did not want to do it, but hesitating longer than I already had would have brought suspicion. And so, I found him, quite easily in fact. I don’t think he suspected that they would send me to finish him, and that if they tried I would refuse.

I almost greeted him warmly, forgetting my quest, forgetting our last meeting when my sister lay dead on the floor…but I initiated the battle. It was not easy. Gellert had always been a phenomenal dueler, and I had my work cut out for me.

However, I won in the end. My ‘foe’ lay on the ground in front of me panting. I could have finished it off then, took his life and wipe him from my mind and my heart. But as I looked down, I simply could not bring myself to do it. It was not in me to kill the man in front of me, beaten and defeated. I Stunned him, and he was then taken to his own prison, where he would outlive me.

I was told after my death that his last action was keeping me from harm, and I must wonder if anything could ever have been…but I must say that I had no regrets looking back at my life, except for my treatment of my siblings.

My next mission was to teach. I had always been a very patient man, and I loved to tutor at school, but my teaching mission was interrupted by a man named Tom Riddle, who became the monster known as Lord Voldemort.

My mission was to stop this monster, however this was soon deemed impossible for me to do. I could only train the only person who could stop Voldemort. Harry Potter.

I managed to find as much information as I could about the monster’s past, and I past it all to Harry. In the collection of the information, I was badly injured, and my trusted confidant Severus Snape told me I had less than a year to live. My mission now was to die with dignity.

And so, the plan was arranged as it had been with the great Samurai warriors of old. A friend would strike down the dying or dishonored man. Severus was to kill me. I could not think of a more dignified way to die. I left the final information that Harry needed with Severus, and the prearranged night came, and I died in a manner of my own choosing. I thought all my missions were complete.

Now I have one more; I wish to rest in peace.

Yes, I was friends with Gellert Grindlewald. Perhaps it was a bad idea. Perhaps I was mistaken. But I believe that we have all loved someone who was not good for us. Most people do not realize it, but I am human. I do make mistakes. We all do, and I am not exempt.

To some, I am a revolutionary. To others, I am a teacher. To no one was I a lover. I was always, first and foremost, a teacher. No boundary did I ever cross, I never did anything inappropriate. I loved all my students, as students. That should be all that matters now.

Many claim to have loved me, respected me, and known me. These are the people who will let me be in peace. Others may slander me, judge me, or laugh at me, but I will still rest in peace as long as those who loved me do not judge me. Those judging should be ashamed.

I am Albus Wulfric Percival Brian Dumbledore. I wish to rest in peace.
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=74211