Parties in the Room by thesims
Summary: Lily hates James, up until the seventh year when he finally deflates his head a little. Then she sees that he actually likes her and doesn't just want to mess around. Between the parties and him changing for once, what will Lily Evans do?



Lily is the Head Girl and James is not the Head Boy.
Categories: James/Lily Characters: None
Warnings: Alternate Universe
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: No Word count: 1443 Read: 1687 Published: 10/30/07 Updated: 11/04/07

1. Chapter 1 by thesims

Chapter 1 by thesims
Author's Notes:
A/N: I own none of this, it all goes to the genius J.K. Rowling.
Lily Evans was patrolling the corridors of the Hogwarts Express. She has pretty green eyes, with long silky red hair. She has a pretty face that makes most guys look twice when she walks by, but she mainly ignores them. She is not that kind of girl, though she has dated many guys. The Hogwarts Express had left Hogwarts and was heading toward Platform nine and three quarters for the summer. Lily was happy to be going home to see her muggle parents, not so happy to see her sister, Petunia. It had been a long year for Lily, sixth years at Hogwarts always have a lot of work to do.

Lily suddenly heard a loud noise, and then even louder laughter. As she was heading towards the commotion, she couldn’t help but think who it would probably be. She hoped it would not be them. It was, the Marauders, though only James Potter, Sirius Black, and Peter Pettigrew seemed to be present. Remus Lupin was probably patrolling the corridors, but just ignored the noise, because he had ignored all the other bad behavior the other Marauders got up to, so why start now. The Marauders got up to a lot of mischief and pranking. They couldn’t be met in there pranks. They were simply the best at pranking, especially James Potter and Sirius Black, they were the leaders.

Lily looked up to see Severus Snape hanging upside down by the foot. He couldn’t really see, because his robes were hanging over his face. This left his white, greasy t-shirt showing. Potter was pointing his wand towards Snape. Potter looked particularly pleased with himself. They were all out in the corridor of the train.

“Put him down this instant, Potter,” Lily bellowed.

“Only if you’ll go out with me,” Potter said with a cocky grin on his face. Lily had been afraid he would say that. He always says that.

“I have told you a thousand times, no, I’ll never go out with someone as bigheaded as you,” Lily answered.

“Why not, I think you’re the most beautiful person in the whole world,” James said as Sirius rolled his eyes and Peter choked even though he wasn’t eating anything.

“You’re far too worried about impressing me than actually realizing I don’t like you. Plus you hex everyone you see, it’s a wonder you even have time for that with all your detentions.” Lily couldn’t remember how many times she has said that.

James seeing the fire in her eyes thought Liberacorpus and a second later Snape was lying on the floor of the corridor. At this point Snape got up and ran in the direction of the loo. That’s where he had been headed before the Marauders spotted him walking past their compartment and decided to mess with him.

“I would give you a detention, but seeing as the school year is over, you would not be able to serve it,” Lily hated to have to admit that, she always loved to give Potter and Black detentions.

“Thanks, now will you go out with me?” James was moving closer to Lily now.

“No, a thousand times no, can’t you realize I don’t like you, I never will like you, and I never have liked you. I would never go out with someone as cocky and bigheaded as you,” Lily screamed as Potter messed up his already messed up hair.

At this Potter skulked back into the compartment with Black and Pettigrew roaring with laughter following behind.

Lily thought, why won’t he ever give up? He’s annoying and makes far too much trouble for her to handle. He is hot though, and an excellent quidditch player. Did I just think that? Crap!

---------------

Lily finished patrolling the corridors, stopping to talk to some people on the way. She finally headed back to her compartment to relax and talk with her friends, Alice, Emma, and Elle. When she walked in, they were all staring at her. Alice was nice to everyone she met, and had been going out with one guy, Frank, since the fourth year. Emma was wild and always had her way with guys. Elle was like Lily, and she secretly despised Lily for becoming prefect over her. When Lily sat down, her friends were all staring at her.

“What?” Lily said.

“We could hear your yelling all the way over here?” Elle asked.

“He asked me out twice right after he made Snape hang upside down, again.” Lily’s temper was beginning to rise once more.

“Why don’t you cut him some slack, he’s liked you for ages,” Emma said.

“Because he’s arrogant and has no room for anyone else in that bighead of his,” Lily shot back.

At that they went quiet, and then started talking about what they were going to do during the summer break. Alice said she’s going to be spending most of her time with Frank, her boyfriend. Emma said she’s going to Egypt, and exploring the pyramids, but she’s going to write every chance she gets. Elle is going to tour all around America; her parents are also muggles and have never been. Lily told them she doesn’t have any plans and is just going to be enjoying her last summer home with her parents.

Some time later the train began to slow, and the four girls began to get their trunks and other belongings ready to go. When the train stopped they stepped out onto the platform and quickly found their families waiting for them, except for Lily who had to go through the barrier to get to her parents.

“Lily it is so good to see you,” her mother said as she hugged her.

“Welcome home dear,” her dad greeted her.

“Where’s Petunia?” Lily inquired.

“She’s over at Vernon Dursley’s dear,” her mother answered.

“Oh, so are we going then?”

“Evans, I’ll see you soon,” said a voice from behind her.

“Not likely for two months,” Lily said back to James Potter.

“It’ll be sooner than that,” and with that he ran off with Black. Lily did not want to know what he meant by that.

“Ready to go?” Asked her mom.

“Yeah, let’s get out of here.”

---------

When they got home, Lily went up to her room to find it exactly the same as she had left it. It was tidy with a double bed in the corner. Lily loved that bed, it was so comfortable. Her desk was under the window to the right. The window showed a lovely view of her street. The only difference was an owl outside of the window waiting to be let in. She did not recognize it, but let it in anyway. It was a gray owl and many people had those kinds of owls. She didn’t usually write to people other than her three best friends. She took the letter and read it carefully. The owl stayed, and seemed to be waiting for an answer.

The letter was from Remus Lupin inviting her to his birthday party in a week. Lily was friends with Remus, as he is also a prefect in Lily’s year and house. Lily quickly ran downstairs and asked her parents if she could go. They said she could, so she went upstairs and wrote her reply on a piece of parchment she found lying in her room. The second she fastened it around the owl’s leg it took off.

It took Lily a few days to remember that Remus was in fact a Marauder. He didn’t act like one that often. So that’s what Potter meant, she thought. That just made her like him even less, the fact that he knew she would go to Remus’s party. She had already got Remus’s gift when she remembered this. It was a book she had found in one of the shops in Diagon Alley. It was about surviving an attack from a dark wizard, Remus was excellent in Defense Against the Dark Arts. I have to go, she thought, I already got his gift.

Lily walked over and sat down at her desk and reread a piece of parchment on the desk. It was from Alice saying that she had been invited to Remus’s party, but would be going without Frank. That is when the writing began to get messy. Almost as if she wanted to kill the piece of parchment she was writing on.
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=74511