A Dying Soldiers' Last Letter by HogwartsGirly124
Summary: Harry finally decides to go and fight Voldemort for the last time. He is successful in doing so, but is left weaker than ever. Harry is then conveyed to St. Mungo's where he has been ever since. He now writes a letter to his newly married and pregnant wife Ginny Potter explaining his love for her and the baby, but most importantly how he will be watching over her.



How will thise leave Ginny?

What about the baby?

Ron? Hermione?
Categories: Dark/Angsty Fics Characters: None
Warnings: Character Death
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1316 Read: 2114 Published: 11/20/07 Updated: 11/20/07

1. Chapter 1 by HogwartsGirly124

Chapter 1 by HogwartsGirly124
Author's Notes:
This could not be possible without my amazing beta harry_victoria!! :)
A Dying Soldier's Last Letter






“Ginny, dear,”



Her head swirled over to where her mother was standing, her lips pursed into a slight frown.



“Yea, Mum?”



Molly Weasley did not respond to her daughter’s innocent question, but in a sort of trance-like way she stuck out her arm which held an envelope.



Molly’s eyes focused on anything, but her own daughters’ while she said in a barely audible whisper “It’s from Harry,”





As her mother handed her the letter, she felt a loss of feeling; she only felt numb. Mere seconds before joyous laughter had been ringing through the Burrow, chatter, and the scraping of forks against plates, but now only the coldness remained.



The sheer coldness was unbearable and the wind outside was howling as if to say 'this is it' With a deep breath she took what hope she had and began reading.









St. Mungo’s Hospital

Shannon, Britain

November 17th





My Dearest Ginny:



This is perhaps my last letter to you in this world of ours.





Voldemort is now gone, but our last battle on Sunday, October 2nd has left me weaker than ever and I have been conveyed to the hospital where I have been ever since. I now truly believe myself to be dying. I can’t see that it possible for me to live. I love you, Ginny. You must know and understand that. I wish I could see your flaming red hair and your warm brown eyes once again. Just to hold you tight would be a heaven all its own. I might have been the Boy Who Lived, but you taught me how to and I will be forever grateful.



Please let Ron and Hermione know that they kept me strong and gave me inspiration, as did you. Give them my congratulations and I am forever sorry that I will never get to meet their twins. . I can already see them now with their red Weasley hair and freckles. Not a day goes by that I don’t thank Ron for sitting with me on the train in first year.



Let your Mum and Dad know that they were exactly what I was hoping for when I was a child. Molly, thank you for taking me in as a son and making me feel like family. I will never forget you and your kindness and Mr. Weasley I will always remember your care-free attitude and how you loved Muggles.



Let Hagrid know that he was always able to brighten my day. He really is gifted with animals. Thank you for taking me from the Dursleys’ and teaching me about the Wizarding World. And oh- also thank him about putting that pig’s tail on Dudley. He deserved it.



And most importantly, remember our time together. Every moment with you was like those Muggle fairy tales you always talked about. I wouldn’t want anything more or anything less. I love you, Gin, with all my heart. You were the best thing that has ever happened to me. Don’t you dare forget that!



I won’t be there to see the birth of our little girl. I hope she is as beautiful as you are. I hope she fights like me and stands up for the innocent and the weak. Most of all, I hope she understands my reasons for leaving far too early than I would have liked.



Ginny, let her know that I died not a hero, but a father and a husband trying to make a safer place for his family to live in. Please, Ginny, let her know that I love her already and always will.



I am doing the best I can to make it through the days, but your face haunts me every waking minute of every waking day.





I’m only upset when I imagine the tears in your eyes. It only hurts when I imagine you crying.



I want to be there to hold you in my arms and kiss away the pain, but I can’t and knowing that I won’t be there for you is… unbearable.



Ginny, you must know that if I had it any other way, we would be living that ‘Happily Ever After’ ending you spoke so fondly of.



You brought me sunshine, when it was dark and cloudy. You made me realize that I was never complete without you.



When I’m gone, please stay strong. Don’t lose that fire you have. That fire that makes you, you, and makes me love you so.



There will never be a day where I will wander far from your heart.



There used to be so much heartache and pain in my life, but you filled that gap with your love. You brought so much joy to my life. I love you with every ounce of my being.



I’ll be watching over you and our baby from heaven, Gin. I’ll be waiting for you.



Thank you for not giving up on me. Thank you for letting me in. Thank you for standing by me.



I’ve been trying to deny this fact for quite some time, but I know you’re not going to be my “Gin” forever. I can just feel my heart breaking right now.



There’s going to come a day when you move on and find someone else and that’s okay. Just remember that I’m in a better place, and I won’t be hurting any more.



I have honestly done the best I could for the Wizarding World, and if she is only saved I shall not regret that I have fallen a sacrifice upon her altar. May God love and prosper the Wizarding Republic.



Remember that I will always love you, no matter the circumstances.



The nurses here look down upon me with pity. I hear them whisper about me at night. I won’t even make it pass my nineteenth birthday, but I know that it doesn’t matter.



It doesn’t matter because just the thought of you makes me smile in this dark and gloomy place that surrounds me.



They stare at me with intensity wondering why I do not fret about my weakening strength or my lack of being able to move.



I do not fret because you keep me comfort on the nights, where the wind is howling outside.



Please remember me more than “The Boy Who Lived”, for I shall not live.



Remember me as your lover. Remember me as your friend. Remember me as your husband. Remember me as just plain old Harry.



All I ask is that you take care of our little girl and don’t forget my endless love for you.



All my love forever,



Harry J. Potter



Ginny’s howls of agony were the only things that you could hear in the Burrow as she finished reading the letter. She had known the damage and known how extensive his injuries were, but now that he had written her this letter it was like it was final. She had always imagined having a big family with a father, wife and loads of kids, but now it just didn’t seem possible. Harry was gone”and it was like she had died with him.

"Come back, Harry," Ginny whispered, the tears still washing her face. "Please…" The house was still soundless, and it was almost as if she expected to hear something.

"COME BACK!" she yelled. "PLEASE! COME BACK!" The words vibrated through the air, and she sank to the floor. She couldn’t take it anymore; she needed him.

Somewhere above, peering down at her from heaven was a man.



This man had been to Hell and back. This man had seen and done things unimaginable and now this man waited, waited for his true love to join him.

This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=75190