Heaven Sent by tragic_death14
Summary: It's Ron and Hermione's wedding day and both are falling apart. One-Shot
Categories: Ron/Hermione Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1418 Read: 1914 Published: 12/27/04 Updated: 01/08/05

1. Wedding Day by tragic_death14

Wedding Day by tragic_death14
Hermione stood looking at herself in a full-length mirror. She was wearing a snow white, strapless, beaded wedding dress. She had her hair straightened and in an elegant up-do with a large white lily sitting on the top.

“Oh Hermione you look absolutely gorgeous,” Ginny squealed as she walked into the soon-to-be-bride’s dressing room.

“Are you sure? I think I look dreadful,” Hermione said nervously

“Don’t worry about it, its just pre-wedding jitters,” Mrs. Weasley said trying to console her.

“Yes, sweetie don’t worry about it, it’s going to be fine,” her mother said giving her a hug.

“Mum, why don’t you and Mrs. Granger go and take your seats in the chapel. The Weddings to start in fifteen minutes,” Ginny said ushering the two teary eyed mothers out the door.

“I’m so nervous Ginny! What if he changes his mind?” Hermione asked taking a seat. Ginny was fixing her Maid of Honor dress in the mirror that Hermione had previously been looking in. She turned to face Hermione.

“I know you’re terribly nervous but there’s nothing to worry about. There is no way Ron’s going to change his mind, he loves you and you love him, so there’s nothing to worry about,” Ginny replied

“I guess you’re right, I just wish the wedding would hurry up and start,” Hermione said as she stood up and began pacing the floor.

“Hermione, just sit down and calm down, everything is going to be perfectly fine,” Ginny said coaxing her over to a chair. There was a knock on the door. “Who is it” Ginny called as she reached for the doorknob.

“It’s Harry, Ginny I need to talk to you for a sec.” He yelled through the door. He was wearing a black tux, his raven hair was just as messy as ever, and he was wearing contacts. He had changed a lot since graduation, except for the thin; lightning bolt shaped scar on his forehead.

“Okay, hold on.” She said through the door. Then she turned to Hermione,

“I’ll be right back, so just stay calm,” Ginny walked out into the cramped hall. “What’s going on?” she asked impatiently

“Ron’s completely going mad, he’s not having second thoughts or anything, he’s just worried about everything. He’s worried that Hermione may not be ready to get married. He’s worried that she may not love him, and he’s also worried about what’s going to happen tonight…”

Ginny cut him off “Too much information!” she said not wanting to know that her brother was worried about his wedding night.

“Well I told him I’d come and check on Hermione and see how she’s doing, and ask her if she still loves him,” he said laughing “I tried to tell him she did, but obviously,” he said as he lifted up his hands gesturing to himself “He didn’t believe me,”

“Hermione’s is in a right state too, but yes she loves him and no she’s not having second thoughts,” Ginny said checking her watch.

“Thanks, I better dash before Ron decides to runaway. I left Fred and George in there with him, but I have a feeling they may be making it worse.” He joked and headed down the hall. Ginny walked back into Hermione’s dressing room.

“What did Harry want?” she said calmly appearing to have calmed down

“He wanted to see how you’re doing,” Ginny lied. “Well the weddings to start in eight minutes,”

“I’m doing better, I don’t feel like I want to throw up any more,” Hermione joked giving a weak laugh.

“That’s always a start,” Ginny said laughing.

MEANWHILE

“Don’t worry our ickle Ronniekins, the worst Hermione could do is leave you standing at the altar and go off and marry that complete git Viktor Krum,” George joked, trying to make Ron more of a nervous wreck than he already was. Just then Harry walked in

“George give it a rest. Don’t worry about anything, Hermione is completely in love with you and is ready to get married,” Harry said patting his best friend on the back.

“Are you sure, did she actually say that?” Ron said as he wiped sweat from his brow. “I just want her to be completely sure,”

“Yes I heard it straight from Hermione’s mouth, and she’s completely sure,” Harry reassured him

“Well I for one don’t know why she’s agreed to marry you,” Fred laughed. Harry gave him a Don’t-make-me-kill-you look. Fred immediately ceased.

“Sorry Ron,” he muttered. Ron stood up and began pacing the floor.

“Only two minutes left, I better hurry up and get out there. Harry do you have the rings?” Ron asked nervously as he went to grab the handle on the door.
“Am I your best man?” Harry asked

“Yes, but that doesn’t answer my question. Do you have the rings or not?” Ron asked misunderstanding what Harry meant by his odd question.

“Of course I have the rings. Calm down it’s going to be okay,” He assured as he coaxed him out the door. “Now hurry up, I have to go down the aisle with the rest of the wedding party,” They walked over to where Ginny stood waiting for the music to start so Harry and herself could walk to the altar together.

“Where’s Hermione?” Ron asked nervously

“No, no, no. It's bad luck for the groom to see the bride before the wedding, But don’t worry she’s in her dressing room waiting for her cue to come out.” Ginny said giving her brother a hug. Harry stuck his arm out for Ginny to take. They wrapped their arms together and headed off down the aisle. Ron followed shortly after. He stood up there, anxiously waiting for his soon-to-be wife’s arrival. The pianist began to play ‘Here Comes The Bride’ Hermione hadn’t showed Ron her dress or even told him what it looked like, she had wanted it to be a surprise. He stared at the curtains at the back of the chapel. Hermione stepped out from behind and walked slowly down the aisle. She looked absolutely amazing. Ron could do nothing but smile as he was standing at the altar. As Hermione walked down the aisle she could do nothing but giggle when she saw her future husband.

When she stepped up on the altar Ron grabbed her hands and held them, between the two of them. The preacher began the long speech before the ‘I do’s’. The pair just stood and stared at each other, both thinking how lucky they were to be with the person they loved.

“Do you Ronald Weasley take Hermione Granger as you lawfully wedded Wife?” The preacher questioned

“I do,” he said smiling widely as he took her wedding ring and placed it on her left hand.

“Do you Hermione Granger take Ronald Weasley as you lawfully wedded Husband?”

“I do,” Hermione said as she placed a ring on his left hand.

“I now pronounce you husband and wife, you may now kiss the bride,” The preacher announced. Ron leaned down and Hermione threw her arms around his neck and kissed him heartily. It was their first kiss as husband and wife. The whole assembly cried, clapped and cheered.

A/n Now doesn't that sweet wedding make you want to click the review link?
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=7527