A Second Prophecy by wilbur
Summary: Harry hears another prophecy from an unexpected source and its contents will change the course of the war whether he wants it to or not.
Categories: Harry/Ginny Characters: None
Warnings: Book 7 Disregarded, Sexual Situations
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 11 Completed: Yes Word count: 43127 Read: 68581 Published: 01/05/08 Updated: 07/08/08

1. Nox by wilbur

2. Pensieves by wilbur

3. Hogwarts by wilbur

4. Find out this way by wilbur

5. In the Rain by wilbur

6. Wasting no Time by wilbur

7. Not Exactly A Lie by wilbur

8. New Leads by wilbur

9. Too Easy by wilbur

10. Diagon Alley by wilbur

11. The battle by wilbur

Nox by wilbur
Ginny blinked hard trying to fight the urge to fall asleep on the book she was reading. The quill in her hand slowly made its way to the parchment where it made a long black line before she jerked her head awake again. She frowned down at her essay. It would just have to wait until tomorrow; she would have to skip breakfast in order to get it done before McGonagall’s class. She looked up at the clock on the library wall and was shocked to see it was quarter to ten. She had fifteen minutes to get back to Gryffindor tower. She hastily packed her books in her bag, and before swinging it over her shoulder, she grabbed her wand out of an inside pocket. You could never be too defensive in the castle these days, with Snape as Headmaster, Death Eaters as professors, and Malfoy Head Boy given free reign to discipline students as he saw fit.

She hated wondering the halls at night by herself, not because she was scared of being alone or facing Malfoy, but because she was left with her own thoughts without homework or somebody talking to her for distraction. Being left alone meant thinking about Harry and walking the halls alone meant thinking about the times her and Harry snuck around finding good snogging cupboards. She sighed to herself as she passed a suit of armor.

“You better hustle, Weasley…curfew starts in ten minutes,” she heard someone sneer from the shadows. Ginny spun on the spot, gripping her wand.

“Lurking in the shadows again, Malfoy? People might start to think you are up to something…” Ginny said coolly.

“No, that was Potter’s job…but he isn’t here, is he?” he said, stepping away from the armor.

“Good detective work, Merlin,” Ginny felt the words leave her mouth before she could hold them back.

“Ten points from Gryffindor,” Malfoy smiled maliciously. He took a step closer to Ginny, she tightened her grip on her wand, “You want to earn those points back?” he said as his eyes wandered from her own and down to her feet, then back up to her face.

She shivered and felt disgusted, “No, I’d rather snog a Flobberworm…but I suppose it wouldn’t be much a difference, would it?”

“Careful Freckles, or have you forgotten I’m allowed to do whatever I want these days?” Ginny rolled her eyes with great emphasis.

“Oh, I’m very well aware that all the Death Eaters in this castle can do what they want these days; but, it’s not going to last forever.” She stared at his left arm pointedly.

Malfoy just chuckled, ignoring her insinuation of him being a Death eater. “Man, remind me to ask Potter if you’re this frisky in all your endeavors…I like that in a woman,” Malfoy took another step forward and Ginny backed away. Malfoy had been snickering at her like this since the start of term, but never was it when they were completely alone in a deserted corridor where it was very unlikely somebody would pass by.

“Don’t call me Freckles, Malfoy,” Ginny said, unsheathing her wand. Malfoy merely smiled, pulling his own wand out of his waist band.

“I’ve had a lot of guys asking me if it’s true you and Potter are broken up…they all want a shot at you,” he said icily still approaching her slowly.

“Well, you can tell them all they have no chance in hell…” Ginny spat, but Malfoy continued as if he didn’t hear her.

“I must say I’ve been curious as well,” Ginny knew immediately what he was thinking and she felt sick to her stomach. She wanted out of this situation and she was ready to curse Malfoy before running back to Gryffindor tower.

“Back off, Malfoy, I’m not above cursing you,” Ginny stated flatly, her wand as steady as her glare.

Again, he continued as if she hadn’t spoken, “with Potter out of the picture,” he sneered, getting even closer to her, “a lot of these guys think they have the right to get a piece…I’m just telling you to watch your back, Freckles. I wouldn’t want you to be walking down a dark corridor this late at night and be…” he stopped and looked quickly to his right.

Luna was walking towards them, humming to herself. Ginny let out a long breath. Malfoy glared at the odd Ravenclaw who stopped and smiled at Ginny.

“Ten points from Ravenclaw for being out past curfew,” Malfoy spat. Luna looked at him with her bug eyes, clearly not caring about the house point system. Malfoy turned back to Ginny. “Keep in mind what I said…you’re making this too easy,” he whispered. Luna looked at him confusedly.

“What? Are you playing a game?” she asked, looking between the two who were staring daggers at each other.

“You could say that,” Malfoy smiled maliciously before turning and sauntering down the corridor. Ginny frowned, stowing her wand back in her robes. She turned to Luna and forced a smile. Luna smiled back dreamily before continuing on her way back to her common room. When she was out of sight, Ginny put a hand to her heart and bit back the tears she had been fighting since Malfoy took that first step towards her.



Why did no one understand? He had to do something. Cedric one year, then Sirius, Dumbledore was the last straw, Ginny couldn’t be next. Sure, part of the reason why he ended things was because he was afraid she’d be hurt, but that wasn’t the only reason.

Harry turned over in bed. It was almost impossible for him to get sleep these days, Ginny was constantly swimming in his head. He closed his eyes and pummeled his pillow. The other reason he had ended things was because it wasn’t fair for her. He knew that he wasn’t going back to Hogwarts; he knew he’d be in hiding so he wouldn’t be able to contact her; he knew that during this time he’d be a lousy boyfriend and that just wasn’t fair to Ginny.

Yeah, you would be a lousy boyfriend, but that’s Ginny’s decision to make…not yours. Harry heard himself saying. He shook his head and once again he spent the night fighting within his head over the decision to push the only thing he really cared about out of his life. He didn’t know when he drifted into sleep, but it felt that only a moment passed before he sat straight up breathing wildly, knocking his head hard on the bed frame above him. He swore loudly, waking Hermione.

“Harry? What’s wrong!?” she spoke into the darkness, grabbing her wand ready for her next to her own bed. “Lumos!” she whispered, pointing the light towards Ron and Harry’s bunks. The glow of her wand illuminated the side of the tent and cast long shadows around them all.

Ron turned over and snorted loudly, “Whadsamader?” Hermione rolled her eyes as he began breathing deeply, falling back asleep quickly.

“Harry?” she called out again, beginning to get out of bed seeing Harry rubbing his scar.

“No, stay in bed, Hermione,” Harry whispered, holding up the hand that wasn’t currently rubbing his head, “It’s not my scar…” Hermione nodded, but was expecting more of an answer so held her wand higher to cast more light on Harry. “I’m fine.” He repeated, now shielding his eyes from the bright blue light.

Hermione raised her eyebrows, “What happened? What did you dream?”

Harry closed his eyes tight. “I…I can’t remember…” and she knew he was telling the truth, because his brow furrowed in frustration. “I don’t think it had to do with Voldemort though…I mean, I wasn’t channeling him or anything. It might have had to do with the Horocruxes though.”

Hermione remained silent, not wanting him to lose his train of thought. They needed any clue they could get, even if it was a part of a vague dream.

“And…and I think Ginny was there…” Harry said, suddenly remembering a flash of red hair in part of the dream. He knew immediately he should have kept that little fact to himself; a night rarely passed where she didn’t pop up into his dreams.

Hermione smiled and giggled girlishly. Harry shot her a look of disgust. “What,” she said dropping her wand slightly, “Just admit you miss her.” Harry plopped back down into bed and pulled the covers over his shoulders. “I still think it was stupid of you to break up with”“

“Turn out your light will you?” Harry cut her off.

“I mean clearly you think about her a lot…dreaming about her and all…” Hermione continued on, Harry could hear her beaming.

Harry propped himself up on his elbow, “The dream was about Horocruxes!” He corrected her.

“Yes, yes of course,” Hermione said, waving her hand. “And how did Ginny pop up in there?” Harry glared at her and the little smirk smeared across her face.

“Your light please,” he repeated through gritted teeth.

Hermione continued to smile at him, “You’ll realize soon that her creeping up in dreams will happen more and more,” she spoke like she knew what she was talking about, like she was the one dreaming about Ginny every night.

“Hermione!” Harry warned, but she continued on. Harry’s temper was rising. Everything she was saying was true, and that is why it was bothering him so much, and it didn’t help that she was rubbing in the fact that he really did miss Ginny a lot, he even began to get a lump in his throat thinking about how much he missed her.

“It’s because you still fancy her very much and everyone knows that, Death Eaters and all. Frankly, I think that if you want to push her out of your dreams so you can focus on other things that would be best. I mean”“

Harry had had enough, without even reaching for his wand, he said aggressively, “Nox!”

Hermione’s wand tip extinguished itself and the tent went black. Hermione and Harry sat in stunned silence. Several long moments passed before they both leaped out of bed and shouted for Ron to wake up. It didn’t take long for Harry to forget all about the dream that had awoken him so abruptly; but, there was someone else, many miles away, who also awoke abruptly, but who would not forget so easily.
Pensieves by wilbur
Ginny gasped for air as she awoke from a horrible dream. She looked around frantically in the dark and waited in horror for her eyes to adjust and find the perimeter of her bed and the curtains surrounding her. She placed a hand on her comforter for support as she caught her breath.



In the dream, she had been running from a Death Eater, down a long narrow path, with tall surrounds on either side. She had felt trapped and enclosed. She closed her eyes to try and remember more about the dream. It was slipping from her memory quickly. She had been in Hogwarts when the dream started…and she had been looking for something…but what, and why? In the dream she had been so certain of what she was looking for, and her purpose had been so clear; but, now…everything was melting away.



She sighed in frustration before pulling back the curtains to her four poster and walking down to the Common Room. She sat in the chair closest to the burning embers of the fireplace. She missed Harry. Her bad dreams had seemed so less extreme when Harry was around; when they broke up, they came back in full force.



Harry had been in her dream, she remembered suddenly. He had told her…something about leaving it to him. It wasn’t her responsibility. Ginny put a hand to her forehead, willing the memory of the dream to surface. He was angry because she wouldn’t back down…and she was angry because she knew she had to…had to…



“Damn!” Ginny swore out loud. She hated not remembering the dreams. She sighed heavily and pointed her wand back towards her dormitory, “Accio Pensieve.” The basin that Dumbledore had given her soared down the stairs and landed on the table in front of her. She shook her head, angry that the only thing she could place in it was the shaky memory of a dream where she was frustrated with Harry and he mad at her. After pulling a few faint threads from her temple and placing them into the water, she snuggled lower into the chair and breathed heavily, another school day would start in a few hours, and she knew that once again, she would be spending it trying to remember the dream and thinking about what mortal danger Harry, Ron and Hermione were in.









“Ron!” Hermione shoved his shoulder and he grunted as he awoke, scolded.



“I vote yes,” he said stupidly, wiping drool off his face.



Harry laughed weakly and Hermione shook her head. “Get up and get dressed, we’re leaving.”



Ron looked at Harry who gave his friend a short nod. “Harry’s not dressed yet,” he argued like a little boy, standing up he stretched and looked around. “And we’re not even close to being packed…and what’s the rush?”



“If you had stayed awake, you’d know,” Hermione said shortly.



“Well if we would have slept last night like normal people, I wouldn’t be falling asleep!” Harry stood up and wavered slightly. “See,” Ron pointed to Harry, “even Harry is tired. We should take naps before we pack up and leave.”



Hermione was becoming impatient. “Harry isn’t tired, you idiot. He is exhausted from draining his magical energy working on wandless magic!”



“When he should have been sleeping!” Ron threw up his hands, amazed that Hermione couldn’t see his point.



“Listen,” she said, taking a deep breath to calm herself. “Since you were sleeping,” she said with great effort to suppress her annoyance, “when we made this game plan, I’ll catch you up. You and I are going to get a head start; we’re going to Grimmauld Place to make use of the library there. We need to get as much information as we can about wandless magic. This very well could be what Harry needs to beat You-Know-Who. Harry is going to meet up with us later tonight or tomorrow, depending on when he starts to feel like he has enough energy to Apparate.”



“We shouldn’t separate. What if something happens?” Ron said, becoming concerned.



Harry shook his head. “It’ll be fine, mate. I’m not going to venture out of the protective spells around camp, and I’m only going to be a day behind you guys. Hermione’s right, if this wandless magic stuff turns out right, it could give me an edge in the final battle. We need as much information as soon as possible.”



It took some convincing, but a few hours later, Harry was waving Hermione and Ron goodbye. He turned back into the tent when he saw them leave the boundaries of the perimeter enchantments, and knowing alarms would sound if they tried to come back, walked resolutely into the tent, with perfect intentions in mind.



Harry pulled Dumbledore’s Pensieve towards him. McGonagall had given the Pensieve to Harry the day after Dumbledore’s funeral, telling him that Dumbledore had made it clear Harry should have it. Together with Ron and Hermione, they had been sifting blindly through Dumbledore’s memories, trying to make sense of a lifetime of knowledge. Harry had been waiting for the perfect chance to dive into the basin with the sole purpose of finding some memories of his parents; he had at least twenty-four hours, Ron and Hermione free, to do so. He wasn’t sure how he’d be able to do it because they had yet to figure out the way the memories were organized.



Harry leaned over the basin and gasped when the face of Dumbledore swam into view. “Hello, Harry. Yes, I’m sure you’re quite shocked. I am, of course, still very dead.”



“Professor…” Harry breathed, leaning forward in amazement. All the times Ron, Hermione, and he had looked into the Pensieve, Dumbledore’s face never had appeared.



“I know you have many questions. I can only speak to you of the past. I have no recollection of what has happened since the last time I used this Pensieve. So it is useless to ask me anything of the sort. I am here as a guide. My sole purpose is not to answer your questions, but to bring you to the memories that are connected to them…no easy task. I do hope, however, that I can assist you in your search for the answers you’re looking for. The only thing I ask…what did I want more than anything in the world?” Dumbledore’s eyes twinkled. Harry was beyond speechless. Here was the face of Dumbledore, looking at him, waiting for him to communicate.



“Socks.” Harry smiled, still in awe at seeing Dumbledore.



The fifth time Harry fell back into his chair after diving into a memory from the Pensieve he was breathing heavier. “Professor…” he asked uncertainly.



“Yes, Harry,” Dumbledore answered promptly. “Would you like to see another conversation I had with Sirius?”



Harry shook his head no. The first few memories he had asked for were ones Dumbledore had of his parents and Sirius. Fond memories, he had asked. But, there was something in the last memory that made something prickle the hairs on his arm. Something he had never thought about before…something that chilled him to his bone.



“No. In that last memory…when Sirius was leaving the office…did I see Ginny waiting outside?” Harry asked the question, but knew the answer already. He couldn’t mistake that long fiery hair.



“I can not answer questions, Harry,” Dumbledore reiterated. “I can only guide…”



“But…but the memory was cut off. If you had allowed me to stay in that one, I would have seen what Ginny was doing waiting for you.”



Dumbledore nodded. “Perhaps. Memories are continuous. It is hard to decide when one should end and another begin. You asked for a memory I had of Sirius. I brought you to that memory, your fourth year…he was so worried about you in the Triwizard Tournament. I remember fondly his office visits, where his concern for you, his love for you, shone brightest.”



Harry bit his tongue, pushing away the sentiments, trying to stay on track. “Guide me to the memory of Ginny in your office,” Harry said.



Dumbledore thought for a moment, like he always did as he worked to find the memories Harry asked for. “There are many, Harry,” he said quietly. “There isn’t just ‘the’ memory.”



“Okay, to the memory you have of Ginny in your office her third year,” Harry said, being more specific, the anticipation taking over him…slowly the realization was caving in on him…he knew what Dumbledore would say next.



“There are many here, Harry.”



“Why? What was she coming to your office for? Students rarely come to your office!” He blurted out.



“Which memory would you like to view, Harry?” Dumbledore asked, ignoring his questions.



“Any of them, show me a memory of Ginny in your office, her third year, where she was…upset.” He thought wildly, Ginny being upset in his office would bring the most information to light.



“There are many…”



“Most upset!” Harry yelled. He couldn’t take it anymore. Why did Dumbledore have so many memories of Ginny being upset, meeting with him in his office? He nearly dove into the basin when he saw the water begin to ripple, signifying he could enter the memory.



“Hello, Ms. Weasley.” Dumbledore smiled, sitting in his chair. Harry, stood on the other side of the desk, and watched as Ginny approached the visitors’ chair, taking a seat like it was a normal occurrence, her being in his office. “Our next meeting isn’t scheduled until…”



“I know. But…last night…” Her voice faltered. Harry stared at the thirteen year old Ginny, cursing himself for not noticing her sooner.



Dumbledore waved his wand and a cup of hot chocolate appeared. She took it willingly. “Go on.”



“Last night I had another dream about the Chamber of Secrets…but it was different than the others.” Harry braced himself against Dumbledore’s desk. Of course she had dreams about the chamber. He thought to himself. How could he have been so selfish…so naïve to have never asked her about it? His ears were ringing. Ginny’s ordeal that night had been looked over by him so easily. Why wouldn’t she have had troubles with her memories of it? He went off to live with the Dursley’s when she had to suffer through a summer of getting over being possessed by Lord Voldemort.



He, of course, had been possessed by Lord Voldemort too…but not in the same way. Ginny’s was over a full school year, and she poured her soul into his…Harry had known to fight.



“Different than the others how?” Dumbledore asked nicely.



“I’ve been telling you about these dreams for two years now. They follow mostly along the same lines…I mostly dream about what I wrote to him…and what he’d say back to me through the diary…not important stuff…” Ginny added.



Dumbledore frowned. “More helpful than I can tell you right now, Ms. Weasley.”



“Well, it seems useless to me. But, this dream…I never remembered before…but…I, before Harry came, was still awake in the chamber.” Harry yelled ‘what’ out loud; luckily he was just an observer to the memory. Dumbledore shifted uncharacteristically in his chair before nodding for her to continue. “Tom possessed me…I vaguely remember writing the message on the wall, I’ve told you about that from other dreams. This time, I talked to him. About how it all happened and I don’t know if what he was saying was what he actually said to me down there, or if it was what I was told afterward.”



Dumbledore leaned forward and said, a little too eagerly, “What did he say?” Harry knew now, for certain, the reason Ginny was in his office speaking to him about this, and not any other counselor, was because Dumbledore knew Ginny could have precious information that could give clues to Tom’s past. Harry’s stomach plummeted as he realized how irreversibly deep Ginny was in this war. Forget her connections, to her family, to him…she was directly involved, and had been since the near beginning.



“He spoke about how he opened it the first time…the scariest part was how he talked about Myrtle. How good it felt to watch someone die…” Her voice cracked. “How she was the first person he killed…how important a death it was to him…” At these words Harry spun around to see Dumbledore’s reaction, and as he thought, he saw his eyes widen in understanding.



Harry knew the diary was a Horocrux because Dumbledore had told him so last year…but how did Dumbledore know? Was it because of this conversation he was watching now?



Ginny scrunched her eyes, trying hard to remember his exact words. “He…he tried to explain the reason he killed her. Something about his soul never being the same…he wanted me to understand her importance…it was his first murder…the first time his soul was…was…it’s hard to remember everything…so much happened…” Ginny’s eyes began to water.



“Its okay, Ginny,” Dumbledore said quietly. Harry couldn’t believe it. Without knowing it, Ginny had just told Dumbledore that the first Horcrux Voldemort made was in the chamber with the death of Myrtle.



“I know, the worst part, though…Tom kept telling me that my death was going to be more important than Myrtle’s. My death was bringing Harry to him…he wants to kill him so bad…” Ginny was sobbing now. Harry desperately wanted to wrap her in his arms…make her pain go away. Dumbledore was by her side, patting her back, as Harry watched helplessly.



“That won’t happen.” Dumbledore said it with such truth and conviction…Harry was surprised he’d say something he couldn’t be sure of.



Ginny continued to sob. “I can’t take it! Listening to Tom in these dreams…watching final battles between him and Harry…watching Harry tortured and killed! They are never good! The war never ends right!” She was absolutely distraught. Harry saw now why this was the memory where Ginny was the most upset in his office. “Make them stop. Give me a sleeping draught!” Ginny begged.



“Yeah, give her a sleeping draught!” Harry said pointlessly to Dumbledore. He became angry when he saw Dumbledore sigh heavily.



“Ginny…I’ve told you how important this information you are able to give me is…” he said.



“Yeah, but not why, two years I’ve been telling you stuff that seems so unimportant. I’m trustworthy am I not? Why can’t…”



“Ms. Weasley,” Dumbledore interrupted her. “I of course will tell you when it is time. But I don’t think it wise to share the whole truth now.” Harry scoffed, the same speech he had been given.



Ginny shrugged and continued to talk as a new wave of emotion came over her. “And…and now Harry is in this tournament! This is a plot! I know it!” Harry was shocked at how accurate she became yelling through her tears as Dumbledore tried to calm her. “Tom is back…Voldemort is coming back because he wants to kill Harry! He’ll do whatever it takes…this whole tournament is a set-up to trap Harry…my dreams…they always…always end bad…people dying…Krum, Cedric, Fleur…they’ve all died…one of these tasks…mark my words…it needs to stop. Dumbledore, stop it before it happens. Stop the tournament before Harry is murdered!”



“We don’t know why Harry is in the tournament,” Dumbledore said quietly.



“I’m telling you now! The dreams I’ve had…you can’t honestly say they aren’t prophetic!” Harry’s head snapped to her so fast he got a crick. He understood reasons for the dreams of the chamber….or dreams of anxiety of the tournament, but prophetic?



“Some of your dreams are…most are not. We need to understand them further to see which are which. Now, Ms. Weasley, I know I am cutting this short…but I must. If you have nothing else to share…please understand, and know we will continue this again…” he said softly, standing up. She nodded and rubbed her red nose against the sleeve of her robes.



“I’m sorry I’ve lost it again…crying and yelling…honestly,” she whispered to herself. Dumbledore just smiled and watched her exit his office. He immediately brought his wand to his forehead and began pulling white strands out of his temple, tossing them into the Pensieve. Harry felt his stomach flip and he was suddenly in the tent again.
Hogwarts by wilbur
Ginny walked by the Slytherin table during breakfast and kept her head high. There were a few catcalls, a couple taunts about Harry being gone, but she didn’t let it show that she was being affected. What really bothered her was Malfoy’s silence as he watched her walk all the way to her own table and sit down. She suppressed the urge to shiver while she reached for the peas.

“What was that all about?” Luna asked from across the table. Ginny looked up and saw Luna staring at the Slytherin table with a frown on her face.

“Don’t worry about it, Luna. They are just being childish,” Ginny said, shrugging their behavior off. Deep down she prayed she’d drop it, she didn’t need Luna getting involved, or Neville involved, or worse, getting Harry involved.

She sighed in relief when she seemed to let it go and the conversation went in the direction of McGonagall’s impossible essay.

“Damn!” Ginny swore, “I forgot…I haven’t finished it yet!” she scolded herself, grabbing a muffin and some toast as she stood up.

“What? Ginny, her class is in fifteen minutes, you can’t possibly finish…” she vaguely heard Luna say, but she was already hurtling down the rows of tables and out of the Great Hall.

Luna watched as Malfoy leaned over and whispered to Crabbe and Goyle. She watched as the three stood up and, with looks of sickening anticipation, and walked out of the Great Hall after Ginny.


Ginny dove into an empty classroom and threw open her bag. She tucked her wand in the waist band of her pants, she always kept it real close these days. She started scribbling furiously over the parchment, trying to remember for the life of her the incantation to change a weed into a rose. She placed both palms over her eyes and pressed into them until she saw color bursting from her eyes.

“Trying to imagine what it’d be like if you’d forget Potter and gave me a try?” she heard Malfoy sneer from the doorway. Ginny stumbled up and pulled out her wand immediately.

She watched as Crabbe and Goyle closed the door behind them.

Ginny just glared at him, “What do you want Malfoy…I’m getting sick of you following me around,” she said angrily.

“And what are you going to do? Tell a professor? Write a letter to darling Potter asking him to come protect you…funny how his original plan of ‘push far away equals protection’ isn’t quite working is it?” Malfoy taunted. How did he know that’s what Harry thought would work. Ginny pushed it aside for the moment.

“Funny how you had to wait until he was gone to start acting like you own everything in this school, you had to wait until he was gone to make a move. What does that mean? You scared of him?” Ginny asked, her eyes flashing. It probably wasn’t smart to get him mad, but it certainly wasn’t smart to not keep him talking. The bell would ring soon and those halls would be filled with students…keep him talking until that bell rings. Ginny told herself.

Malfoy’s crude smile dropped from his face. He moved forward quite suddenly and Ginny took several steps back, one knocking her ink over her unfinished essay. “I’m not scared of him,” he whispered sharply, “And neither is the Dark Lord. Don’t think that because you aren’t with Potter you’re safe from the Dark Lord…or me. It just gives me a bit cleaner path to figure out what a blood traitor really tastes like,” Malfoy said as the overhead bell rang. Ginny set her jaw as Malfoy jerked his head and his two goons opened the door and left the classroom.

When the door shut, Ginny grabbed the table to steady herself. She let out a breath that sounded too much like a sob. She stopped herself, she was stronger than this, and she wouldn’t let that git Malfoy get to her.

“Ginny?” she jumped high in the air, lifting her wand once again. It was Neville and he was walking to her from the back of the class, a watering can in his hand.

“Neville? What…what are you doing in here?” she asked breathlessly, grabbing her heart, “You gave me a start,” she said weakly. Had he overheard that whole conversation?

“Malfoy’s been giving you more trouble,” he said frowning at her. “Luna told me he’d been saying rude things to you…but I thought it was his normal taunts…but…but…that,” Ginny swore under her breath.

“Did you…were you here the entire time?” she asked. Neville nodded. “Neville…you can not tell Harry,” she said stepping forward.

“Ginny…those are direct threats!” Neville said pointing to the door where Malfoy had just left.

“I can take care of myself, Neville! I don’t need someone trying to protect me!” she said loudly. Neville dropped his arm and Ginny suddenly felt bad for yelling at him. “Listen, Malfoy won’t do anything. I just need to be a bit more careful in not putting myself in situations where I am alone. I promise you, I will stop doing that…just…Harry doesn’t need to be worrying about me at school, that’s why he ended things…so he wouldn’t have to worry,” Ginny explained. Was that the reason? Ginny stopped the thoughts before they overtook her. She had given up trying to understand the reasons he had told her he needed to end things.

Neville continued to frown but nodded. Ginny sighed in relief. “Thanks, Neville. Now, I’m going to be late to class, and I haven’t even finished the damn essay,” she said under her breath as she tried packing her essay in her bag without getting ink everywhere. Neville watched her leave the classroom. It only took him two seconds to decide. He pulled out some parchment from his bag and began scribbling a message to Harry.




Harry packed the tent hastily, and removed the protective charms around their camp in a hurry. He knew he shouldn’t Apparate quite yet, but he had to get to Ginny. He had to hear from her the truth…maybe Dumbledore’s memories were tampered with, maybe they weren’t accurate. Holding the backpack that magically contained everything Ron, Hermione, and he needed, Harry took a deep calming breath before turning on the spot.

When he landed inside the Leaky Cauldron, he stumbled and fell to his knees. He felt as if he was going to pass out, and the colors of the bar swirled together. He felt a hand touch his back, and in a sloppy motion he grabbed his wand and turned it on the unknown hand. “Harry, its’ me,” he heard the friendly growl.

“Hagrid?” Harry breathed, realizing he was short of breath.

“What are you doin’ here?” Hagrid placed Harry on his feet roughly.

Harry swayed on the spot, but grabbed Hagrid for support. “I need to get to Hogwarts, Hagrid. Is the Floo network safe?”

Hagrid shook his head. “It’s a risk Harry. And you shouldn’t be goin’ to Hogwarts, not with all the Death Eaters roaming about in there.”

“What? What Death Eaters?” Harry suddenly felt a rush of energy race through his body.

“You haven’t heard? Snape is headmaster…they got Death Eaters as professors, and I hear Malfoy is running around the place like he owns it.”

“You hear? You don’t work there anymore?” Harry asked, looking up into the big hairy face as Hagrid shook his head. “Listen, I need to get into Hogwarts, I can’t tell you why,” he added when Hagrid made to talk. “Can you help me get in? Maybe through the Forbidden Forest?” Harry suggested.

Hagrid shook his head again. “Nah, it’s real dangerous in there now, even for me.”

Harry was becoming impatient, and noticed that people began looking his way and whispering. “Hagrid, we need to go. Now.” He added when he saw a Witch stand and hurry out the door.

“Where, Harry? I can’t Apparate outta here, and you are in no state to.”

“We’ll floo,” Harry said, walking to the fireplace, but knew that wouldn’t work. People would hear where they were going, and they’d be followed easily.

Hagrid seemed to figure the same. “Quick, this way,” he grabbed Harry by his jacket and pulled him behind the bar. “We’ll use this one,” he shoved Harry into a side room and closed the door behind them. “To Hogsmeade, we can get into Hogwarts through the Hogs Head. Go.” Hagrid shouted, and Harry ran to the fireplace, threw some powder down and disappeared in green flames.

He landed hard in the hearth of the fireplace in a back room of the Hogs Head and barely made it out of the way before Hagrid fell behind him. “Harry, you’d better hurry before anyone finds out you’re here. Death Eaters swarm Hogsmeade now. Through that portrait.” Hagrid pointed to an empty frame.

Harry walked over holding up his hand to the painting. Where his hand should have touched canvas, it reached into empty space. He spun around to see Hagrid nod him along, “I’ll make sure no one comes in here. Go.”

“Thanks, Hagrid.” Harry smiled before climbing into the portrait. He found himself in complete darkness placing his hands on soft walls leading him into the unknown. After walking what felt like miles, he saw a faint light up ahead. He quickened his pace, wishing he had his invisibility cloak with him, not sure of what he’d find at the other end of the tunnel.

The light grew as another portrait frame came into view. He slowly stuck his head out of it, and saw a massive room, it resembled a Common Room. He climbed out of it slowly looking around apprehensively. He placed his backpack down and stepped into the room. Just as he did, he heard a door creak open, with no where to hide, he grabbed his wand, knowing he had little energy to duel, and pointed it at the figure walking through the threshold.

“Harry!” It was Neville. Harry lowered his wand and smiled as his old friend came running into the room. “I can’t believe you’re here already!”

“Where are we, Neville?” Harry asked, shaking the hand Neville had held out.

“Room of Requirement, I knew you’d be concerned, but I didn’t think you’d risk coming here, with Snape and the Death Eaters all around. Isn’t this a bit risky?”

Harry looked at Neville in confusion, “What are you talking about, Neville? What would I be concerned about?”

“My letter…I can’t believe you got it so fast,” Neville said, seeming to deflate seeing Harry shaking his head, not understanding. “You did get it, didn’t you? My letter about Ginny?”

“What about Ginny?” Harry said forcefully.

Neville stepped back, “You didn’t…”

“No!” Harry yelled, and Neville jumped. “Sorry, just, you’re making me nervous Neville. What’s going on?”

“It’s Malfoy. He’s been threatening her. She doesn’t want you to know…but I overheard him today, he had her cornered in an empty room with Crabbe and Goyle. It sounded pretty serious. And…and he mentioned Voldemort…and how she still isn’t safe…”

Harry clenched his fists and felt his stomach clench in anger. He tried to calm himself, but even that was taking energy he didn’t have. “Listen, Neville. I don’t have a lot of energy…I need you to go get Ginny. Bring her here, but don’t tell her why. She won’t come if she knows you told me this.” Neville nodded and ran from the room.

Harry immediately began to pace.
Find out this way by wilbur
Author's Notes:
this chapter has sexual situations and is intended for a mature audience
Ginny was sitting in the library, looking over her unfinished essay yet again. McGonagal had told her to have it finished by dinner or she’d be given a zero. Ginny picked up her wand and did the best she could to siphon up the spilled ink over her intro paragraph. She looked up to see Neville just outside the library doors, waving frantically for her to come to him. She frowned before rising from her desk and walking towards the library exit, leaving all of her things behind.

“What’s wrong Neville? Has something happened?” She immediately thought the worst and began ringing her hands.

Neville shook his head, “No, no, I just need you to come with me?” He hadn’t expected her to come without questions.

“Why?” she demanded as Neville began to walk away. “Neville what’s going on!” she said angrily.

Neville whispered, “Be quiet!” when two Slytherin’s glared their way. Ginny lowered her voice into an angry whisper.

“Tell me what is going on. This is the Room of Requirement.” She said as Neville stopped abruptly. He held his hand out, motioning for her to go in.

“What?” she looked from him to the door. “What’s in there,” she saw Neville look away from her with guilty eyes. “Neville…is…oh my god, is Harry in there?! Did you…did…” she stared incredulously at him, before pushing aggressively into the door.

Walking into the room, Ginny looked around wildly. Harry was sitting on a couch and looked up when he heard the door close behind her. “What are you doing here, Harry?” she whispered angrily, already knowing the answer. “I can’t believe Neville contacted you!” Despite her anger she had a strong urge to run up and snog him…but knew she couldn’t for many different reasons.

Harry nodded, “As he should have…no, you, should have written to me about this,” Harry accused in the same tone Ginny used.

“No I should not have! I can take care of myself, Harry!” she said, raising her voice, which seemed unnatural after being in the library for so long.

“This isn’t a matter of taking care of yourself!” Harry said forcefully, completely forgetting the entire reason he had come in the first place. He had placed Dumbledore’s Pensieve on the table waiting for Ginny to arrive, but seeing her, and knowing what Malfoy had been doing, he couldn’t help but continue with that problem first.

“I don’t need another older brother protecting me…” Ginny said under her breath, but loud enough for Harry to hear.

“I’m not your brother,” he said angrily, clearly offended.

“Then stop acting like one!” Ginny shot back.

“A brother protects his sister from a spider in her bedroom or…or a boyfriend they don’t approve of!” Harry said, searching wildly for things brothers do.

“Well, the whole lot of them missed that last one, didn’t they,” she said coldly. Harry took the blow to heart, but tried to push it aside.

“The point is,” Harry chose his words carefully, “that Malfoy threatening you isn’t trivial stuff. Telling you that you aren’t safe from Voldemort…”

“No…you are making it sound like Voldemort is targeting me. The point Malfoy was making was that your decision to protect me hasn’t changed my status on the ‘TO KILL’ list!” Ginny said, her voice rising with every word. She stared dangerously into Harry’s eyes and for a moment, they flickered with passion, Harry resisted the strong urge he had to pull her towards him.

“Don’t talk about a ‘to kill’ list,” Harry said forcefully, his mood changing.

“Why not? We’re at war, aren’t we? They probably do have a ‘to kill’ list!” Ginny rattled on, her emotion overcoming her, “it would only follow logic that I’d be on it! Why would pushing me away change that? Hmmm…I don’t know, because my whole bloody family practically is the Order? I think a ‘to kill’ list is probably very likely indeed…”

Harry snapped, his voice wasn’t loud, but the power and emotion behind it, the flicker of fury and sadness behind his eyes shocked Ginny, “You’re right, a ‘to kill’ list is very likely…and you know what…you can bet my ass that I’m number one on it,” Harry began. Ginny fell silent immediately, “you can also bet that every, single, person on the bloody list is someone I care about. Both my parents were on the bloody list! You say your family is the Order, well guess what, the ‘to kill’ list is my family! Or the closest thing I have to one!” Harry was breathing heavily. Ginny felt horrible. She hadn’t meant to hurt him like that, and she knew that she had. He continued on, “You say it would only follow logic that you’d be on the list? Sirius was on the list. Dead! Dumbledore was on the list. Dead! Follow that logic Ginny!” Harry said, pointing dramatically to the ground. His eyes flickered with angry passion as he emphasized all the right words.

Ginny felt the tears rise in her throat. She knew that was the reason Harry was pushing her away, but hearing him say it, the way he was saying it. Seeing the hurt, the pain, and responsibility in his eyes tore her apart.

“Harry…” she said softly, she was going to apologize. She was still angry with him, but she had gone too far.

“Listen to me,” he cut her off, “forget what I just said,” he said hastily. He let his guard down and he had said too much, he felt bad that Ginny felt responsible for his pain, it wasn’t her fault. “I still care about you Ginny,” he said, his eyes losing their heated passion and turning into concern. Ginny set her jaw and bit back her tears, although her eyes were still brimming with them. “I want you to be safe,” he said simply.

“It’s not your responsibility to keep me safe anymore Harry,” she answered in the same simplicity he had just used.

“Anymore?” Harry said surprised.

“Yeah, anymore…I put up with coddling from my brothers and parents; it’s something I had to grow up with. I let your over protectiveness slide with that same understanding I allow my family when we were together…but, that has changed. It’s not your responsibility to keep me safe, anymore, Harry,” she repeated. She let her words linger in the air for a moment before walking swiftly to the door and leaving Harry in silence.

He heard her meaning loud and clear. As a boyfriend it was okay that he was protective and wanted to keep her safe, but he couldn’t keep acting like a boyfriend when he wasn’t anymore. Harry sat down on the couch and put his head in his hands. Being this close to Ginny again brought back all the happy memories they had together. Since they’d been separated, Harry hadn’t been nearly as happy as he once had been. He assumed it was just him dealing with Dumbledore’s death. He didn’t realize that he had lost two important people in his life that day. Why had he ever thought that pushing Ginny away was a good idea?

He knew she wasn’t any safer, if anything, she was more a target, as was clear from all the hassling she’s been getting at school. He assumed that it wasn’t fair to her to have a boyfriend constantly away, but what wasn’t fair was his resolve to make the decision to end it without her. If she had a problem with the situation he was in, it was her that should have initiated a break up. Harry shook his head. He had made a major mistake in breaking up with Ginny. He wanted to be responsible for her safety. He wanted to be overprotective of her; it came so natural to him. His eyes rested on the Pensieve. There was so much they had been keeping from each other. Harry turned quickly, and forgetting the risk of entering the halls with no disguise, he rushed after her.




Ginny turned out of the Room of Requirement and started down the hall. She was walking back to the library without realizing it, but she was walking determinedly. She wiped at her eyes as the tears that had been welling up poured onto her cheeks. She turned a corner and stopped, pressing her back against the wall as she took a deep breath to calm herself. The halls were silent meaning classes had started. She couldn’t go to class this late and she didn’t want to, she couldn’t deal with McGonagall.

She had seen longing in Harry’s eyes; she knew he loved her, which made their situation even more frustrating. Why is he being so stubborn! She thought angrily. Then she stopped herself, remembering him talking about the ‘to kill’ list. He was right…she had never thought of it in the way he spoke of. It was most certainly a fact that everyone Harry cared about was on that list. She shook her head as she tried to comprehend his situation. He had already lost too many people…the people he considered family. Who was Ginny to tell him not to protect her when he had lost family and she hadn’t?

She was about to turn back the way she came to go talk to Harry again when she ran into somebody as she turned the corner. She felt hands slip around her waist as she was picked up off the floor and thrusted into a door leading to yet another deserted classroom.

“Ouch! Let go!” Ginny screamed loudly. She was abruptly dropped to the ground where her elbow hit the cement floor. The intense pain trickled up her entire arm as she looked up to see Crabbe, Goyle, Nott, and finally Malfoy striding into the room. Malfoy lifted his wand and pointed it to the door they had entered and then to the one in the back of the room.

“Silencio,” he said eagerly. “Now, we are quite alone,” Malfoy said, glaring down at Ginny.

Ginny stood quickly, reaching into her robes for her wand. Her heart stopped as she realized she had left it in the library with all her other things. She glanced at the door where Goyle stood, his body big enough to completely block the entry.

“Not thinking of making a run for it? You have such a tiny body,” Malfoy whispered, approaching her slowly, Crabbe and Nott following him, “all three of my friends here could easily snap you in half,” he ended violently.

“Stay away from me, Malfoy,” Ginny said fiercely, she couldn’t hide the tremor from her voice and Malfoy smiled at it.

“Don’t be scared…it’s not me you have to worry about. Soon enough you’ll finally be reunited with the Dark Lord. He finally gave me the go ahead to collect you. He says once he’s used you I will receive my reward…but, I think I might just get it now…I don’t want broken goods, and trust me, after the Dark Lord is done, you’ll be broken. But until then, don’t worry, you’ll enjoy what I have in store for you,” he said taking a quick step towards her. Ginny was quite ready for him, she side stepped as he reached out for her so that he grasped for empty air. She threw her hands on his back and pushed him down to the ground before running to the back of the classroom where another door was waiting, unblocked.

She felt a hand grab her shoulder; she turned around and kicked out at Nott who was tightening his grip on her. He fell down, clutching where her knee had hit his stomach. She spun around, her pathway to the door clear. Ginny felt her legs suddenly snap together and she fell hard to the floor, but not before hitting her head hard against an old desk. She felt blood start to trickle down her forehead as the room began to go in and out of focus.

Malfoy stood above her, glaring down with a sneer on his face. He grabbed a chunk of hair and pulled her back to the front of the room. Ginny yelped in pain, clawing at his hands that held tightly to her hair. She tried kicking out, but her legs were locked together from the curse Malfoy had put on her.

“Nott isn’t too happy with being kicked…” he said, dropping her when they reached the front of the room. Ginny watched as Nott came slumping over to where she lay helpless on the floor, she lifted her hands to try and block his kick, but the force of his leg raining down on her couldn’t be stopped. She brought her knees to her chest as her stomach imploded when his foot made contact with her ribs.

“Now, we’ll call that even…honestly, Ginny…you’re acting like you don’t want this to happen,” Malfoy said, crouching down next to Ginny and pulling her up into a sitting position so that she was leaning up against the teachers desk. Ginny spat in Malfoy’s face, hatred etched in her own. Malfoy laughed before lifting his arm high above his head and swinging it down so that the back of his hand met Ginny’s cheek with a deafening crack. Ginny was knocked to the side, her face burning with pain. She tasted blood in her mouth. When she coughed out, blood splattered the floor.

“Now look what you’ve done…I don’t want to kiss a bloody mouth,” Malfoy said, pulling her up again and stroking the cheek he just hit. Ginny winced in pain and disgust as his finger caressed her bruised cheek. “But that doesn’t matter; I can do other things besides kiss your mouth.”

He lifted the leg locking curse and Ginny felt her legs fall limply apart from one another. Malfoy grabbed at both and pulled hard so that she was dragged into a lying position.

“NO! GET OFF!” she yelled, throwing her arms up to try and hit him; she was kicking furiously with her legs. Malfoy struggled against her, grabbing her arms and forcing them above her head. “STOP IT!” she screamed louder, she heard laughing from above Malfoy’s head. She felt her arms being bruised under his tight grip. She continued kicking with all her might.

“You’re making this difficult, just calm down and enjoy it,” Malfoy whispered in Ginny’s ear. The hair at the back of her neck stood up on end. She wouldn’t let this happen.

“PLEASE, LET ME GO! STOP IT!” she continued to shout. She felt her hot tears roll down her face, stinging her bruise cheek. The blood continued to flow from the wound at her hairline on her forehead. “Don’t!” she cried out in a sob as he tore her robes off so she had only her thin undershirt on. “Stop it,” she felt his hands slip under the shirt as they started caressing her skin. She wanted to be sick as he leaned forward and kissed the side of her neck. More laughing from above her, she continued to sob, she continued to yell out as loud as she could, she continued to try and push him off, but there was absolutely nothing she could do to stop him as he laughed above her.


Harry looked around the deserted halls confused; she must have run when she got out of the cupboard. He went in the direction of the Great Hall, the complete opposite way she had run. He opened up a couple empty classroom doors looking for her, but to no avail.

He was relieved when he saw Neville racing towards him, the Marauders Map clutched in his hand. “Good thinking,” Harry smiled. It was quickly removed by the look on Neville’s face. He pushed it towards Harry and pointed to a room two halls down, he panted, unable to speak.

Harry looked down and saw 5 little dots labeled Ginny, Malfoy, Crabbe, Goyle, and Nott.

Harry flew into and all out sprint. Neville ran after him, but was unable to keep up. Harry turned three corners at top speed, running into the opposite wall on two occasions where he just pushed off and ran harder. He skidded to a halt and referenced the map. Down the hall, third door on the right. He didn’t even look back to see that he had lost Neville. He ran to the room and threw open the door with his entire body.


Harry’s shoulder stung from where he had broke open the door. Goyle started to raise his wand, but Harry had already thrown a curse at him, “Stupefy!” Goyle’s large body crumpled to the floor where it remained, unmoving. Nott was leaning against a table; he brought himself to full height as Crabbe raised his wand to Harry. “Petrificus Totalus!” Harry bellowed and Crabbe fell to the ground. “Protego!” Harry blocked a spell Nott had sent his way easily then cursed him the same as Goyle.

Harry turned his head to see Malfoy getting up off of Ginny, whose lifeless body was flat on the floor, her head turned away from Harry. Malfoy was at full height, his wand raised and cutting through the air when Harry took his eyes off of Ginny. “Expelliarmus!” Harry felt his wand leave his hand.

“Nice of you to join us, Potter!” Malfoy spat, taking two steps towards him and away from Ginny, holding Harry’s wand tight. “I was just taking my turn…I don’t know what you see in her though,” he taunted. “Rectusempra!” Malfoy shouted, Harry jumped out of the way of the curse and it hit the wall which absorbed the shock causing the whole room to shake.

Harry saw Ginny try and sit up and fail. She fell to the floor and stopped moving. Harry felt sick to his stomach, Malfoy did this to her. He turned back to him, his eyes ablaze in anger. Malfoy took a step back, fear consuming him despite Harry being unarmed. Harry squared his shoulders and Malfoy froze; Harry raised his hand, as if he had a wand in it and shouted, “Stupefy!” The space between Harry and Malfoy seemed to ripple; Ginny’s hair blew as if a sudden breeze moved through the room. Everything seemed to move in slow motion, Harry watched as the energy moved from his hand towards Malfoy, whose eyes widened in shock; Ginny held her hand up over her face and turned away.

Then, time ran normal, and Malfoy was thrown backwards and hit the wall with a deafening thud. He slid down quickly and lay lifeless on the floor. Harry dropped his arm and ran to where Ginny was laying and knelt down next to her.

“Gin?” he said softly, lifting her body onto his knees. She looked up to him. Harry looked from the cut on her forehead to the prominent bruise forming on her right cheek. He felt his eyes sting with tears and he bit the inside of his cheek.

“I didn’t have a wand,” she whispered. Harry nodded, fighting back his tears. “I could have taken them…but I left my wand in the library…” she repeated, her eyes closing and wincing with pain.

“I’m sorry,” Harry said, tucking some hair behind her ear.

Ginny took a deep breath as she regained control over her limbs. “Don’t be sorry…you stopped him from…” Ginny closed her eyes as she felt another wave of tears hit her eyelids. Harry pulled her into a tight hug; she wrapped her arms around his neck. Closing her eyes she wanted to cry, not because she had just been attacked, but because she was in Harry’s arms and she had missed him so much.

Although he didn’t want to, Harry allowed her to pull away. He watched sadly as she pulled her robes back on. Harry walked over to Malfoy and picked up his own wand, and felt Ginny’s eyes on him. He turned to see her staring at him, her mouth parted in amazement.

“You…you didn’t have your wand when…” she looked from the place where Harry had been standing when he cursed Malfoy, to where Malfoy’s body lay.

“No, I didn’t.” Harry said simply. He pointed his wand at Malfoy and said, “Oblivirate,” a faint beam of light trickled from the tip. “Damn.”

Ginny walked over to where Harry stood. “You did magic without a wand,” she whispered, still amazed.

“Yeah, I did. And now I can’t perform any magic. So, if you could…erase his memory. And that lot too. They can’t remember I was here.” Ginny stared at Harry. “Gin?” he asked, as she shook her head.

“Oblivirate,” she whispered, and the spell worked, Malfoy turned over, but remained unconscious. Ginny walked to the others and did the same. When she was done, she turned back to Harry. “There’s so much…” she began before losing her voice.

Harry nodded in understanding, “That we haven’t told each other? Yeah, there is.” Ginny sighed and looked away. She didn’t know Harry knew she was keeping things from him as much as he was keeping things from her. Harry didn’t know what to do. He wanted to go and hug her, to tell her Malfoy would never touch her again, but he couldn’t. “We…we need to get out of here…before they wake up.” Ginny nodded. “You need to get looked over, by Madam Pompfrey.”

“No. I’m fine. I just need a few simple potions. If we just go to the Room of Requirement…we’ll find everything we need there.” Ginny said, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear, and wiping some blood off her forehead. Harry’s heart clenched again.

They walked swiftly through the halls, classes were still going. “How are you so sure the Room will have what you need?” he asked, trying to break the silence between them. After everything she had said earlier…he knew she had made it clear they weren’t a couple, but he didn’t want anything but to have her back.

“It won’t be the first time potion was needed we couldn’t get from Madam Pompfrey. The Death Eaters run the hospital wing now. Don’t always give the students what they need. I’ve been giving out potion through the Room of Requirement for a couple weeks now.” Ginny explained.

“I’m sorry you’ve been stuck here…that Malfoy’s been…” Harry trailed off. They stood in front of the door to the Room of Requirement. “Ginny…” he whispered, but she shook her head and opened the door, sliding through it quickly. Harry followed her.


Ginny walked straight to a row of shelves holding many different potions. She unstoppered a bright purple one and took a few large gulps. She placed a hand over her mouth and forced it down. She placed the bottle back on the shelf and grabbed another, which she threw to Harry. “It’ll give you some energy back.”

Harry nodded in thanks. Ginny placed a hand over her head and placed pressure on the cut that was still oozing some blood. Harry walked over to her, “Will you let me mend it? I’ve gotten quite good at it…” Ginny nodded. “Hold still.”

He placed the tip of his wand at one end of the cut and dragged it lightly across it, whispering a mending spell. Ginny sighed in relief. “That feels a lot better.”

“Good.” Harry smiled as he looked down into Ginny’s eyes; he saw a deep sadness within. His own feelings of sadness quickly changed to mutinous hatred for Malfoy, he had half a mind to turn around and kill him then and there. As he thought this, he saw Ginny’s eyes quickly change from sadness to fear. She had felt the anger rippling from Harry and was scared of what he might do.

“Harry?” Ginny said suddenly. Harry nodded, unable to speak at the moment. “Can we…can we just forget what just happened? I mean, just for now. I can’t deal with it right now…” she said, turning away from him and walking towards the couches. She had to move away from him, which scared her even more. Harry watched as she stopped, her eyes resting on the table.

“That’s Dumbledore’s Pensieve,” looking at in surprise, “How did it,” she whispered to herself, understanding dawning slowly, she turned back to Harry and blinked hard. “You brought it with.”

“Ginny,” He breathed, stepping forward.

“He left it for you, I know. Have you found anything useful in it?” she asked catching the gleam in his eyes. She knew right away. “He told me he was documenting our meetings…but, I never thought you would find out this way.” She explained immediately.

“I’ve only seen one, but there was so much…” Harry couldn’t say it. He shook his head in frustration, they were speaking as if they were in the middle of a conversation, as if nothing in the past hour had ever happened. As if they hadn’t spent months apart.

“Harry I want to explain everything to you. But…but we’re not safe here.” She said, stepping towards him. He cocked his head and contracted his brows. “People can get in here, people who need to get away from Death Eater Professors, and anyone could walk in and overhear us…or see you.”

She wasn’t denying the fact that she was hiding something, and that scared him, he felt himself beginning to panic. He just nodded, not sure he was ready to hear the things she had to tell him. She surveyed him carefully. “I need to go get some things,” she said slowly. “I’ll be right back.” She waited for Harry to nod, then turned quickly and left the room.

He began pacing again. He had had a plan when he left the woods this morning, he was going to march straight up to her and demand the truth, the whole truth. He didn’t even think about what the truth would mean, what would happen after hearing it. There was no time to comprehend any of this, not with the news Neville gave him, any chance of realizing the enormity of Dumbledore’s memories was pushed far from his mind.

Then he saw her for the first time in months, and the monster that had been caged but certainly not forgotten broke free; it had taken everything within him not to snog her on the spot; but she threw the monster straight back into the cage, reminding him of the place he had put their relationship in.

As he paced, images raced in his mind. Ginny, lying lifelessly in the Chamber, beaming as Fred told her a funny joke in the Common Room, walking down the aisle in a pale gold dress with her red hair grazing her elegant neck and shoulders, the blaze in her eye telling him to stop acting like the boyfriend he wasn’t, Malfoy standing above her with an evil sneer, her sobbing in Dumbledore’s office…

Suddenly everything he had been pushing away was rushing back. Ginny would come back through that door, with information he wasn’t ready to hear. She was coming back and he didn’t have it in him to push her away anymore…he was losing his resolve, the certainty she was safer away from him.

“Harry?” He spun around at her small voice; he hadn’t even heard her come back inside. “Pack up Dumbledore’s Pensieve…we’re going to floo to McGonagall’s office; she has a Portkey waiting for us.” He merely nodded, and didn’t say a word as the Pensieve was placed back into his bag. Ginny walked to the fireplace and held out some powder, he took it and threw it down.

“Potter!” McGonagall rushed forward and gave him a hug. “You must hurry, but it’s so good to see you. Ms. Weasley, quickly now,” she urged.

Ginny rushed forward and took the flower pot McGonagall handed her. “Harry, come on.” McGonagall glanced from Harry to Ginny with a look of concern. Ginny shrugged her shoulders before placing her hand in Harry’s.

“Good-bye Professor,” Harry murmured as McGonagall placed her wand on top of the pot and whispered a spell. Harry felt the hook around his belly button as he was lurched forward.


They hit the floor hard; Ginny’s legs buckled and she began to fall down. Harry instinctively slipped an arm around her waist to steady her, but didn’t have his own balance yet. Ginny stumbled backwards while being supported by Harry, who cradled her as they both plunged towards the nearest wall.

With the arm that wasn’t wrapped around Ginny, Harry slammed his palm against the wall, stopping them both from falling into it. Ginny was nearly horizontal, Harry was bending over her, holding both their weight with his one hand against the wall. She was breathing heavily in surprise at being caught, then there was the way he was looking at her, her heart hammered unbearably. “You okay?” He asked, holding their pose. She smiled with a nod.

He pushed off the wall, bringing Ginny up to a standing position as he did, his hand lingered on her waist, under the pretense he was making sure she was steady; but he held it a moment too long to be able to pass as innocent. He didn’t know if he was imagining her body swaying towards him, her head tilting to the side. He saw her cheeks flush as she turned away, he swallowed hard, “Where are we?” He asked to fill the silence. He looked around the living room they had landed in. A loud crack of thunder made Harry jump and spin on the spot.

“This is Bill’s house. The Order uses it as a safe house. People come in and out, a lot like Grimmauld actually.” Ginny explained, and seeing Harry’s face, answered, “They aren’t here now. They’re staying at The Burrow for the weekend.” Harry nodded.

Ginny walked to the window to look out at the black sky, it was pouring out. Harry felt exhausted, he wasn’t ready for this. He couldn’t be alone with her.

“What were we talking about in the Pensieve? Dumbledore and I, what memory did you see?”

Harry sat down heavily in a chair. Ginny walked around a table and knelt in front of him, assuming he knew more than he did, she said, “I know another prophecy is hard to take in.”

Harry looked up in disbelief, “Another prophecy?” Ginny smiled despite herself. “Why are you smiling?” Harry breathed in disbelief.

“I’m happy to see you, for one.” She shrugged. Harry’s heart stopped, “Second, I just had this image of me putting my foot in my mouth multiple times, assuming you knew more than you do…and each time I let something slip, you got more upset.” Ginny put on a serious face then, in her best Harry impression said, “Another prophecy? Tom possessed you?? You remember?! You have a boyfriend!!?”

“You have a boyfriend!!??” Harry exclaimed; his heart plummeted, his stomach clenched, the monster in his chest rose as it never had before.

Ginny smiled again, “No.”

“What?” Harry said in a weak voice, he couldn’t take it much longer. The thoughts in his head were combining, he didn’t know which way was right, what was real. She wasn’t safe, he didn’t have any control, and she was more involved than he ever thought she could be in the war.

“I don’t have a boyfriend. Just thought I’d throw that in there to see how you’d react. You realize how long it’s been since we’ve seen each other?” Ginny asked, getting up from her knees and pulling up a chair next to Harry.

Harry waited for his heart to stop beating rapidly. He watched as Ginny looked at him with a mixture of fear, longing, and thoughtfulness.

“You know what I hate the most?” She asked suddenly.

“What?” Harry answered; it was like all words had left his mind. He felt dizzy.

Ginny gave him a penetrating stare, “When someone is telling me something and they beat around the bush about it. Waiting for me to ask the right questions so they can slowly drag out the inevitable truth that they could have just spat out in the beginning.” She said it all very quickly and Harry just stared at her, agreeing with her but unable to say anything at all. Ginny knew his silence was agreement. “The horrible confusion of trying to understand, it could all be avoided by just throwing everything out right away…then letting the person ask questions. At least then they’d know why they were asking the questions in the first place.”

Harry suddenly found his words, “You’re doing a lot of beating around the bush for a speech talking against it.” He had to face what she had to say. He had to face the truth, and deal with what it meant later.

Ginny smiled, took a deep breath and leaned forward. “I have memories about Tom Riddle, the diary and the Chamber. Sometimes I have prophetic dreams about things that have happened or things that might happen.” Harry had already figured this out from the Pensieve, but hearing her say it, so simply, so easily…he couldn’t tell if he was scared, overwhelmed, nervous, thankful…but she wasn’t stopping. “I met with Dumbledore regularly throughout my years at Hogwarts…and we worked together to figure out what the Horocruxes are.”

“What?” Harry couldn’t feel his heart at all now, was it stopped or beating wildly? It wasn’t pounding at all. He couldn’t breath. His lungs were collapsing.

“Breathe Harry.” Ginny said softly, placing a hand on his. Her touch somehow brought his breath back, but it was painful when his lungs filled with air. “Dumbledore, around the same time as he explained Tom’s past to you, did so with me. But this is explaining things. You can ask me questions later.” She paused to make sure he was still breathing and then continued. “Dumbledore and I worked to figure out what the Horocruxes are. A prophecy was made about me.”

“This is a lot to take in…” Harry said, feeling light headed, so many questions swimming in his head.

“I’m not done. I knew Dumbledore was going to die.” Ginny said sadly. “But I didn’t know when or how. He made me believe it wasn’t prophetic…but I know he knew it was. It wasn’t until the same night that I knew Snape was going to be the one to do it. I knew just after my last chance to stop him from going up to the tower.”

Harry shook his head and pressed the palms of his hands into his eyes. Ginny looked at him worried, but decided to continue. “If I don’t come a long with you from now on…I think…I think one of us might be killed.”

He lifted his head so quickly he couldn’t see; shapes and colors filled the room. “What?!” again, all he could manage to say. Harry stood up and backed away from her. “Is that the prophecy? Or something from one of your dreams?” He knew he said it with a lot of bitterness, but he was lost.

She was taken a back, scalded, “Harry!” She couldn’t believe he was reacting this way. She knew it was a lot to take in, but he was being childish. “I’m worried about you…about what’s going to happen…”

“Oh, I’m sorry…you’re worried?” Now he was becoming sarcastic, he wished he could stop. Ginny looked at him with disgust.

She shook her head, she needed to keep explaining herself, he just didn’t understand, “If I go into hiding, things won’t work out the way we want,” she said softly, trying to control her own temper.

“Go into hiding like my parents did? Who was suggesting that?” He stood up quickly, it was too much. “Because that’s how it started last time. A prophecy…hiding…that all ended well…” he strode towards the front door. He had to get out. Ginny stared at him incredulously before jumping up and running after him.
In the Rain by wilbur
“What do I have to do to get through to you?” Ginny yelled as she ran behind Harry and into the storm outside, “I’m sorry you lost your parents and I’m sorry for everything you’ve gone through, but don’t let that control your life!” Once within reach she grabbed Harry by the arm and stopped him from walking away. He tugged his arm away but remained stationary allowing Ginny to stand stubbornly in front of him, “Harry, stop living in the past and look what’s right in front of you…what happened, happened and there isn’t anything you can do about it! But you can make the right decisions now.”

Harry looked down into Ginny’s eyes which were gleaming with fire. Biting the inside of his lip hard allowed him to form his words, “You don’t know Ginny…you have no idea what it’s like!”

“What what’s like Harry? What?!” Ginny yelled, blinking the rain that was pouring down around them out of her eyes. She wanted desperately to understand…he didn’t think she could.

“To have no one understand!” Harry yelled back. They were both soaked down to the skin even though they had been outside for barely a minute. Neither of them seemed to notice that the storm was raging dangerously all around them.

The wind was whipping Ginny’s red hair across her face, she tucked it behind her ear for what seemed like the millionth time as she shouted to Harry, determined to make her voice louder than the thunder clapping above them, “I’m trying to understand Harry, but you won’t let anyone near enough…how do you expect me to understand if you keep pushing me away!?”

She took a careful step forward, but it was offset by Harry stepping back and shaking his head, “That’s just it! Everybody that’s ever been close to me…they’ve, they’ve…people’s lives are ruined because of me! If you get too close you are going to get hurt!” His hair was matted down against his forehead, hiding his scar from view. He noticed that Ginny was shivering from being out in the cold rain. He wanted nothing more than to pull her close and rub her shoulders.

Ginny shook her head violently as her hair clung to her face, “No, no, my life was ruined when you left me Harry…not when I met you! I’m hurt right now because I’m not close to you…why can’t you understand that!?” Ginny said angrily pointing to the ground emphasizing her words.

“I do…I do Ginny! I know because I feel the same way…but, but I…I can’t!” The rain hitting their faces hid the tears that were sliding down both of their faces, but their voices could not be disguised.

Ginny’s voice was strained from shouting, yet she continued to yell as another clap of thunder boomed above, “You can’t what Harry? Be happy?” She stared at him as the rain emphasized the features of his face.

“I can’t lose another person I love!” The sky was suddenly white with light as a bolt of lightening spread across the sky. It seemed that for a moment the storm had decided to stop its raging, for a second there was no sound, although the rain poured harder than ever.

A low rumble echoed throughout the hills and after Ginny let Harry’s confession of love flow through her body she spoke the only words she could think of, “and by pushing me away you aren’t losing me?”

Harry shook his head. He knew everyone was right, he wasn’t protecting Ginny from Death Eaters by pretending not to love her, he was protecting her from the horrors and the trials he knew his life held, “No, my life…it’s too hard, it’s too much for anyone to have to…I can’t ask you to…” Harry stuttered, his voice cracking with pain.

Ginny’s voice became gentle without losing any of its power, “You don’t have to ask me Harry, I want to be in this with you…if you’d just let me. Harry tell me what you’ve been through…tell me what has made you, you…tell me what you have to deal with in the future, tell me when you’re scared, tell me when you’re happy, tell me whatever you want whenever you need…Harry, I want to be here with you!” and then she added, “ I love you back…”

They stood there in the rain staring at each other. They were both breathing heavy, neither flinched with the ominous clouds breaking above them. Ginny’s eyes never left Harry’s; they shifted from side to side searching for the love she knew was within him.

In those few seconds of Ginny’s eyes, filled with love and concern, looking deep within his, Harry felt like everything could be okay. He was still scared out of his mind, scared that he’d hurt her, or lose her, but he knew that she was the only one that could bring him through the war. In one motion Harry stepped forward sliding one arm around her waist, his other hand curved around her neck, bringing her lips to his.

Ginny saw the change in his eyes; she saw his eyes linger over her lips before he moved towards her. She didn’t miss a beat; her arms flew around his shoulders as his arms pulled her into him. The rain fell between their faces and ran down stopping on their connected lips.

Harry pulled away, resting his forehead against hers, “I’m scared…” he whispered.

“It’s okay to be scared…and, I know you don’t want to hear it, but there is a lot I still need to tell you. But, I’m here with you and that’s not going to change,” Ginny whispered back, her hands resting on both his cheeks. He nodded as Ginny pulled him into a hug. He buried his face into her neck and she ran her fingers through his wet matt of hair.

Ginny felt Harry’s shoulders shaking. He took a deep rattling breath, “I love you Ginny,” he whispered into her shoulder. Ginny smiled and closed her eyes, pulling Harry closer to her body.

“I love you too Harry,” she answered him, tightening her grip around his shoulders. She felt Harry’s arm tighten around her waist.

“I can’t lose you…I can’t,” Harry’s voice was filled with fear and desperation. It scared Ginny a little to see him so vulnerable for the first time, but she knew she had to be strong for him.

“You won’t…we will always be together, Harry. No one will change that, I promise,” she said with a strong voice. Harry nodded into her shoulder. They continued to hold each other and not until the storm began to weaken did they notice how long they had actually been outside in the rain.

Ginny began to shake more fiercely and her teeth began to chatter. Harry tucked a piece of hair behind her ear, kissed her forehead and took her hand within his, leading her back inside. Once in the living room, they sat at the couch and Ginny set the logs ablaze in the fireplace.

“I’m sorry I never asked you about what happened to you with the Chamber,” Harry said before anything else could be said.

Ginny smiled and shook her head, “You had enough to be getting on with,” Harry was going to say that was no excuse but Ginny held up a hand, “Listen, Harry. Can we just say there’s been many times when both of us have chosen to keep things from the other when perhaps we should have done the exact opposite? But we’re here now, and so I’m going to tell you everything…mostly because you’re ready to hear it now.” She added with a sly smile.

Harry laughed despite himself, “Yeah, I guess I am.” And it was true, having Ginny back in his life made him feel lighter, he didn’t notice it at the time, but whatever energy had been drained the past 24 hours was back in full force.

"It's hard to decide where to start,” Ginny began. “I guess it all starts with the Chamber. Immediately after that whole ordeal, I struggled with dealing with what had happened. It was hard to understand everything that happened to me when I really didn't remember that much...besides waking up and you being there. I had to deal with knowing I was possessed by Tom, but not remembering it. I would have dreams that I knew were nightmares, because I would wake up suddenly with my heart racing and recall for only moments small visions of you bleeding or Fawkes carrying us out." Harry listened silently as she explained...knowing this information was crucial to eventually understanding everything else.

She took a deep breath. "Dumbledore had known I would struggle, much like post traumatic stress will do. One night, in the middle of the summer, I had received an owl from him. He was simply enquiring how I was doing, if I was still having nightmares, and if I had any questions. It was so nice and I'm almost positive it wasn't him trying to pry information out; I think he was pleasantly surprised at discovering I could help him. I had replied, telling him I still had nightmares, but that I was getting used to them...as they were mostly the same. I mentioned briefly, mostly as a joke, that I had started writing in a normal diary...and that it was kind of nice not having someone talking back, especially since Tom could be pushy about certain topics of conversation. Of course this intrigued Dumbledore. So much so that he came to visit the Burrow, under the pretense to my parents he was checking up on me, but he pulled me aside and explained his interest."

"He wanted to know if you remembered what you and Tom talked about." Harry stated and she nodded.

"Indeed. I remembered quite a lot about what I wrote, and a few things he had written
back to me. Dumbledore told me if I ever remembered anything about what either of us had written in that diary, that I was to write it down and send it to him...no matter how
silly...and the same I should do if I had dreams any different than what he had already
heard.

"Well, long story shorter, I slowly began to remember more and more of our conversations, and I dreamt more and more about the Chamber...I started having regular meetings with Dumbledore as his questions became more specific and my dreams became more and more upsetting…even dreams not about the Chamber, like about war breaking out. Dumbledore and I didn’t discover I had the ability of prophetic dreams until I started having dreams about Sirius and him finding you. At the present time I was dreaming the exact opposite of what everyone thought. That Sirius didn’t want to hurt you. Then it turned out that was true.

“Knowing that there was a possibility my dreams were prophetic drove me crazy. Dumbledore gave me a sleeping draught for awhile during my third year, when you were in the tournament.”

“The memory I saw Dumbledore told you no,” Harry interjected.

“He did say no, at first. At that point, if it is the memory I think it is, I had had a
few prophetic dreams and the fact that Dumbledore didn’t know what was going on with you in the tournament, made him want to keep the possibility of getting clues through a
prophetic dream in tact. He soon saw, after a few more meetings, that I couldn’t take
it, having dreams about graveyards and Death Eaters,” Ginny said pointedly, letting Harry know that she had seen glimpses of the graveyard before it happened.

He took the bait, “Did you dream about…before it happened?” He waited in suspense
as she paused.

“Yes and no. I dreamt about it in pieces, on different nights, in different contexts.
Knowing the story now, what you went through, I can piece together my dreams prior to it happening and know that I could have predicted it. It’s frustrating to know I could have stopped it.” She looked away sadly.

Harry tried to comfort her, “There’s no way you could have…”

She stopped him as if she knew what he was saying, “I had dreams about Portkeys, about
blood sacrifices, about Voldemort returning...about champions dieing..."

"Did Dumbledore know about these dreams?" Harry asked simply, like trying to console an upset child.

"Yes, but he said we couldn't assume they were prophetic, since not all my dreams were..."

"So if he didn't even piece them together, how were you supposed to?" Harry asked, still
trying to be comforting.

“By not taking the sleeping draught like Dumbledore advised. If I had just toughened up…if I had just allowed myself to have the dreams, who knows what I could have prevented.”

“Listen, I was there. I dreamt about what happened after…of course you wanted a sleeping draught! That night was horrible!” Harry insisted.

“It was. I convinced Dumbledore to give me the draught the night after I had a dream about Voldemort torturing you until you died. It was so bad…my best friend couldn’t wake me up…I got sick when I finally woke up.” Harry’s heart felt empty, he couldn’t move and he bit the inside of his cheek hard to make the pain physical instead of emotional.

“Why didn’t I know about this…why did no one know?” Harry asked in indignation.

“I made my friend promise not to tell…the other girls had snuck out that night…thank goodness. I didn’t tell Hermione because she would have needed to know more, Ron would get all brotherly and you…well, you had enough to deal with. It was around the second task.”

“Okay, from now on, I never ‘have enough to deal with’,” he held up his fingers in quotes, Ginny nodded in understanding. “You still don’t have dreams like that…” Harry asked suddenly. “You still take a sleeping draught?”

Ginny looked at him in shock. “After Cedric? After what happened to you? Of course I don’t take a sleeping draught! If I get too tired from not having a good nights’ sleep I take other potions to help me through the day.”

“Gin!” Harry scolded, not able to take the fact she was suffering at night.

Ginny shrugged, "The point is this, knowing that I had that information in my head, without the ability to use it...even to this day it bothers me. After Cedric’s funeral I had a dream about a group of people, fighting against the Dark side in the war. Dumbledore then explained to me the Order of the Phoenix and how he was working to bring it together again. Then he got really busy. My dreams became less distressing. Most of my fourth year the dreams I spoke to Dumbledore about seemed so incredibly random to me, but he kept on insisting they were important. He said he couldn’t explain it to me yet…but then last year, like I said, he explained to both you and me the Horcruxes. He gave you more detail about Tom’s past. He spent more time with me helping me understand the dreams I had been having, and which ones were important and why…I learned how to sift through my dreams, how to know which were prophetic…I’ve gotten quite good at it.”

“What makes your dreams important…I mean…how…” he didn’t know quite how to ask, but Ginny seemed to understand his question.

She nodded, “They are important because of the prophecy. The prophecy was given a very long time ago. Before I was even born…unlike yours, given fairly recently. Your prophecy was lost at the Ministry…but mine was found, during the clean up, by a friend of my dad who works at the Ministry.” She cleared her throat before continuing, “‘Born seventh to the seventh son, the only girl in seven generations, she alone can hold the power The One controls. She alone can lead the way to the end of the war, for only she can See the seven souls opening the way for The One to succeed. She born seventh…’”

Ginny let it sink in. She had been thinking about the words for a full year, Harry was trying to find a spot in his full head to place it. There was no denying it now…Harry needed her to win. Somehow, he knew this all along…however he tried to fight it. “You can see why I need to join you if you want to win. I can’t help you find the Horcruxes unless I’m with you; at least it will speed up the process by quite a bit.”

Harry was deep in thought, his mind immediately started coming up with ideas on how Ginny could be kept safe, away from the brutal life of searching Ron, Hermione, and he endured. “Stop that.” She said, and he looked up, affronted. “I know what you’re thinking. The fact of the matter is this: the ring that Tom made into a Horcrux, the one that destroyed Dumbledore’s hand…I recognized it only after Dumbledore showed me that memory. That night…I had a dream about what I had seen in the Pensieve…and it was clear to me what the ring really was. Don’t you see? By coming on these hunts with you, I might See something that I can’t See sitting safe at home.”

Harry nodded understanding the emphasis of Seeing the Horcruxes, like the Prophecy had said. Ginny sighed deeply. She had been talking for a long time now and they were only scratching the surface. “So let me see if I’ve got everything straight so far,” Harry said dully. “Your first year, you had conversations with Tom, he possessed you, talked to you in the Chamber…your nightmares progressively got worse while revealing more and more relevant information. By your second year, you started to develop prophetic dreams, but neither you nor Dumbledore could figure out how to decipher and understand them. By your third year, the dreams became so intense and impossible to piece together, but it became obvious that they were indeed prophetic. You continued to relay information, your fourth year, to Dumbledore, who used it to try and gain intelligence on the Horcruxes. Then your prophecy was heard so Dumbledore decided, during your fifth year, to explain the Horcruxes and help you understand your prophetic dreams. It worked and you were able to identify the ring.”

“Yes. After the ring turned out to be the Horcrux it was quite clear of my eventual place in the war. Dumbledore also made it clear that it wasn’t time for you to know…even though we had just started dating. He told me that our relationship couldn’t, well, he said shouldn’t, be based on something as horrible as planning a war. His advice was for me to keep the information to myself until the right time. I asked him when that time would be, and he said after you had your chance figuring it out yourself.”

Harry scoffed, “Figuring it out myself?” It made him sound like he was destined to fail.

Ginny gave him a stern look, telling him to get the thoughts out of his head, and it worked. He felt bad for thinking it, and realized he did need help.

“Now, Dumbledore’s death. I knew that Snape had made an Unbreakable Vow, but I didn’t know with whom. I knew Draco was up to no good, but I didn’t know for what reason. I knew that Dumbledore was taking you on the search for the locket. It was me who suggested looking at the cave. I just didn’t put it all together until the Death Eaters were in Hogwarts. When I saw Draco and Snape running up the tower, just before it collapsed, I had a vision. My eyesight went completely white and I saw Dumbledore falling from the tower. Then I heard Draco say he had to finish his work, and Snape was on his heals. It was then I knew Draco was on a mission to kill Dumbledore and that Snape’s Unbreakable Vow was to assist him. It was agonizing knowing all that…without being able to get up to that tower.”

“Like Dumbledore immobilizing me so I couldn’t interfere.” Harry whispered. Ginny nodded silently. “So you’ve just been waiting for me to stumble on all this? This whole time you could have been with us…getting along with it?”

Ginny gave a weak smile, “I wish it was that easy. There was what Dumbledore told me, to wait to tell you. Then…well, I’ve been having a lot of dreams about me joining you three in battle. I can’t really tell if they are prophetic or not.” She looked away silently as if the answer would be written against the back wall.

Harry gave her a calculating look and wanted to know what she had been dreaming, but she quickly changed the topic before he had the chance. “Dumbledore left me a Pensive of my own.”

“What?” Harry said shocked. “They are so rare…”

“I haven’t used it much. It took me a while to even get used to the fact that I was putting a part of myself into something where I can’t see where it keeps its brains.” She smiled coyly and Harry joined her. “Dumbledore insisted in a letter he left it would be safe…at any rate, I’ve put memories and dreams into it, but I’ve never gone back to review them. So, we’ll have our hands full between Dumbledore’s and mine. In a lot of my dreams, we have this conversation, and then…depending on what decisions are made…it’s different every time and I don’t know which dreams are prophetic, and which are just my own worries and hopes.”

Harry could hear the anxiety in her voice. He held out his hand and tucked it around her neck. “We’ll figure it out.” Ginny nodded.

“Together,” she said firmly. Harry nodded back.

“Together,” and he leaned forward and placed his lips on hers.
Wasting no Time by wilbur
Hermione was hovering over a dusty book with a spine three feet long; the words were in a long spindly font and were smudged places where potion had been splattered. She looked up to see the very top of Ron’s ginger hair, just barely visible behind a stack of decrepit scrolls. “How’re you doing there, Ronald?” she called out, bending back over the table as she squinted her eyes to read the small print.

“Besides the fact that I can’t see anymore…just dandy,” Ron said flatly. “We aren’t finding anything and we never will.”

Hermione grunted, “That’s the spirit.” She pulled some blank parchment towards her and jotted down a few notes. “There’s plenty of information about wandless magic in these books.” She added after a few moments.

“Yeah, and there was a lot of information about the Killing curse, but nothing helpful about how it affects Harry. Face it Hermione, when it comes to Harry, you can’t find the answers in books.” he stood up from the desk as he said it, replacing the scrolls onto the bookshelf before turning back to her.

She looked up at him, he was as wary as she was, and she knew deep down that he was right. “Well, I don’t know what else we should do. There has to be some answer in here somewhere!” Her voice started to become shrill and Ron’s shoulders rose with tension.

“Alright, just calm down…I hate it when you go all super-sonic like that,” he said, now cowering from the glare she threw his way. “Listen, the best thing we can do is practice this wandless magic stuff with him. Get him to the point where he doesn’t lose energy doing it.” Hermione nodded, but continued to read pointless theories on controlling the magic of wands.

Ron walked the perimeter of the room, stretching every so often. “Do you think Harry will get here before lunch?”

“I hope so,” she shrugged, lifting her head to look at Ron. He was standing in front of her desk, facing the door to the library, when their eyes met Hermione felt a flutter in her stomach and for the first time realized how alone they were. Ron parted his lips as if he was about to say something, but then his eyes moved from her own and up over her right shoulder. “Ron?” she asked, seeing his eyes widen in shock.

“Hermione…Ginny…” he squeaked.

Hermione shook her head and looked at him hard, “Ginny?”

“Hermione,” a small voice came from behind her. Hermione jumped from her chair and spun around to see Ginny standing in the doorway to the library.

“Ginny!” Hermione squealed. She ran over and threw her arms around Ginny with enough force that they both stumbled back into the hallway. When Hermione let her go, something caught her eye and she looked down the hall. “Harry!”

“Harry?” Ron repeated, marching forward into the hall as well.

“Ron, Hermione…” Harry nodded a greeting to them both.

They all stared at each other, everyone lost for words, “Well,” Ginny finally spoke, “now that we’ve all established we’ve remembered each other’s names…”

Harry laughed out loud, but Ron stared at them incredulously. “What’s wrong? Are mum and dad okay?”

“Everything is fine,” Harry said quickly. “Well, actually, there’s a lot we have to tell you.”

Hermione nodded, “I’d say. You can start with why Ginny brought a suitcase with her.”





It took a full hour for Ginny to explain everything, and it would have taken much longer if Harry hadn’t insisted no questions were asked until Ginny was done. There were many times when Hermione squeaked or turned red from holding her breath, she could hardly stand not asking questions.

“So…Harry and I talked about it…and I’m going to hang out with you guys for a while…” she could hardly suppress her smile, she knew it wasn’t Harry’s first choice, but she also knew he was excited she’d be close now. Her eyes found their way to Harry’s and they smiled at each other as Hermione stared, her mouth hanging open, at Ginny.

“Does your mother know? What about everyone at Hogwarts? The Death Eaters probably already know you’re gone…it won’t take them long to figure out you’re with us…” and she continued asking questions and talking to herself for ten minutes.

After several attempts, Harry finally got her to listen, “HERMIONE!” He shouted. When she looked at him mid sentence he continued, “It doesn’t matter who knows Ginny is with us…she has to be if we want to find the Horcruxes.”

“I know, but…we could have done this in a way that wouldn’t be so obvious…”

“They would have figured it out no matter what plan we came up with. Listen, Hermione, everything will be okay,” Ginny comforted. “Honestly, it was easier to convince Harry…” she said slyly, eyeing Harry.

Hermione fidgeted, “I’m surprised actually, at you Harry. I never would have thought you’d allow this…”

“Allow?” Ginny stated offended, “He doesn’t decide what I can and can’t…” she felt the heat begin to rise on her neck, but when Harry placed a hand on her leg under the table, it retreated.

“I wouldn’t be able to stop her from coming with us at this point if I wanted to,” Harry said, “and I don’t want to. She’s not going to be out there when we’re actually searching, just as she wasn’t when she was working with Dumbledore. She’s with us as…I guess you can say as a guide…”

Hermione frowned, still unsure, so Ginny piped in, “We’ll all go through the two Pensieve’s, I’ll tell you what is familiar from dreams, I’ll tell you where we should go, or what we should be looking for…then stay behind when you all go into the caves and the towns. But,” Ginny said, lowering her voice, “I’d also like to point out I’m only a year younger than you lot and would be able to handle my self perfectly well if ever I was in a situation where handling yourself…” she paused and made a face with the silliness of her words, “is…necessary?”

Harry laughed out loud, and Ginny joined. Hermione held her worried expression, but not for long, soon she also was laughing and it all seemed to make sense, like Ginny should have been there all along. She realized that the information Ginny would be able to provide was nothing compared to the strength she’d be able to provide to Harry, which, after reading about the energy needed for wandless magic, he was going to need.

Ron asked, still chuckling, “Wait, so you went to Hogwarts yesterday…right after Hermione and I left?”

Ginny wiped her eyes, wet with tears of laughter, “Yeah, but we didn’t stay there long…went to Bill’s right away so I could tell him everything without getting caught.”

“But, then you stayed there overnight…” Ron asked, Hermione got up and began preparing lunch, and Harry rose from his own chair to help her.

Ginny remained seated, knowing exactly where Ron was going with his questions. “Yes, brother dear, we stayed at Bill’s house overnight.”

“How is Bill?” Ron asked, his voice too high for the questions to be legitimate.

Harry, oblivious to the meaning of Ron’s questions, looked over the refrigerator door he was behind, “They weren’t there.”

“Is that right?” His glare didn’t leave Ginny’s, and Ginny returned it in full force.

“Ronald, don’t even go there,” she warned.

His ears began to turn red, “Oh, but I will.”

Harry and Hermione both slowly turned from the sandwiches they were making to where Ginny and Ron were starring daggers at each other. “Harry and I are back together…so get used to it.”

“Uh…what’s going on?” Harry asked, nervously.

“Ron’s getting all protective,” Ginny said sweetly, smiling at Harry and Hermione.

Ron did not smile when he spun around to them. “You were in a house alone with my little sister…” he pointed aggressively at Harry.

Harry rolled his eyes, which took everyone in the room by surprise. “Yeah, I was, and I told her I loved her and she said it back. We slept in the same bed and we did nothing inappropriate because I respect her too much and would never think of ever taking advantage. Which means you should stop worrying about protecting her honor because I’m not going to let anything bad happen to her and even though I hurt her by breaking up with her I know I was wrong doing it and I’ll never do it again, so you don’t have to worry about me breaking her heart again. So please stop giving her a hard time and get used to the fact that we’ll probably share the same bed from now on not only because we want to but because I think she’s going to start having some extreme prophetic dreams and I’m not going to make her wake up from those alone anymore because I know how horrible they can be!” He breathed in deeply, realizing he hardly had during his little rant.

Ron stared at Harry as he rambled through, his expression changing from shock, to anger, to understanding, to bitterness, back to anger, and finally back to shock. Ginny sat beaming at Harry, “That about covers it I think. I’m going to go unpack.” She stood up and skipped out of the room, her red hair whipping behind her as she disappeared through the door.

Harry looked at Ron, now realizing he may have said too much. “Hurt her again and I won’t forgive you.” Harry nodded before turning back to finish the sandwiches. Hermione looked from Harry and then to Ron, shaking her head…she would never understand either of them.




“…and the way you told Ron to leave me alone!” Ginny smiled, jumping into bed as Harry held the sheets up. She immediately snuggled up next to him as he dropped the blankets around her. “It was amazing.”

Harry laughed. “I don’t know what came over me, actually,” he placed an arm around Ginny’s waste and pulled her closer. “Hermione wants to work more on wandless magic tomorrow, but I think we should look into the Pensieve’s more.”

Ginny nodded, “We could do a little bit of both. Perhaps you can work on wandless magic in the morning, and when you begin feeling a little drained we can look into the memories.”

“Yeah, I just don’t know how important the wandless magic is really going to be. Loads of wizards can do it.” Harry said, revealing his worries for the first time. Ginny sensed his apprehension, and spun around so she was facing him. She scooted her head closer to his on the pillow they shared.

“Hey,” she whispered, and he opened his eyes. “Loads of fully grown wizards who have been practicing their entire lives to master the skill can do it. You did it without even trying…who knows what you’ll be able to do if you put your mind to it.”

Harry just nodded, so Ginny lifted her head enough to place her lips on his. “You’ll see,” she continued, “There will come a time when even you will have to admit there’s something about you that’s extraordinary. But until then…sleep?” Harry smiled, tucked a piece of hair behind her ear, and fell asleep faster than he ever had, with Ginny in his arms.

Ginny also fell asleep quickly, and it was a deep sleep, too deep…

She shivered as a cool breeze swept through the row of hedges leading to the mansion 100 yards away. Her eyes narrowed as she saw three figures enter the house. She heard Voldemort’s voice, he was convincing someone to join him, but Ginny heard him in a muffled way. A flash and there was an old couple in a kitchen. She was back in Hogwarts, Malfoy had her cornered, she tried to scream but couldn’t. A jolt, and she saw a room filled with trinkets. The colors of the room were blending and she felt her stomach flip as she soared out of the room, she was looking down on the house. She was falling, falling fast and couldn’t stop. She hit the ground hard, and she felt a sting on her lip. She was back among the hedges, the mansion she just flew out of in the distance. Everything was melting away. She was waking up…but she knew nothing of where she was. She went into a flat out sprint as the mansion began to dissolve. The last thing she saw, as she bent over panting, feeling her eyes open to the bedroom, was a sign naming the house.

She awoke with a start, sitting straight up in bed. She whipped around to find herself and saw Harry sitting up next to her, she fell into his arms at the same time he wrapped them around her. “You’re okay. Was it prophetic?”

“I…I don’t know…” she closed her eyes to remember, somehow it was easier when Harry was with her.

“Was it morning or night?” Harry asked, noticing the light of dawn creeping across their bedroom floor.

“Night,” she answered, opening her eyes to see what time it was. She sighed, realizing the dream wasn’t a real time dream.

Harry nodded, “Okay, so we don’t have to worry about that.” Ginny felt her heart slow down… the real time dreams were much more stressful and dangerous; Harry knew this as much as Ginny did, remembering for a moment Arthur and the snake.

Harry allowed Ginny to pull away from him, she smoothed the bed sheets as she tried to capture the dream in her memory. “What happened in it?” Harry asked. It was like they had been through this routine before; Harry knew to make sure no one was in danger, figure out if it was happening real time…figure out if there was a possibility it was prophetic, or just anxiety.

“Hufflepuff Manor…” Ginny whispered suddenly. The sign to the mansion came to her immediately, and so did the room with trinkets. “I think we can find a Horcrux in Hufflepuff Manor…”





Ron and Hermione came back from their scouting trip to the town where Hufflepuff Manor resided, looking exhausted. The two had been gone the entire day. Hermione’s cheeks were flushed and Ron’s eyes widened in bliss when he saw the meal that had been made.

“How’d it go?” Harry asked, to which Hermione rolled her eyes.

“An old couple lives there now. They never left the house. Not once, the entire day. I think we need to do more scouting. Maybe take turns to find some sort of pattern on when they may leave and for how long,” she explained, and when Ron snorted in disagreement, she continued, “And even though that might be boring for some,” she glared at him, “We just can’t risk searching the house with them in it. Not if we don’t know the actual object the Horcrux is.”

“I’m sorry, it’s weird I haven’t dreamt about it again…it’s been almost two weeks and,” Ginny began, but Hermione held up her hand.

“I didn’t mean it like that Gin,” Hermione sat down and pulled a plate towards her graciously. “This looks delicious. How did Wandless Magic go today?”

“Alright,” Harry said at the same time that Ginny said, “Great!”

Ron laughed, but Hermione gave Harry a calculating eye before turning to ask Ginny, “Anything new? Any improvements?”

“He was able to block Expelliarmus no problem,” Ginny beamed across the table at him, and he merely shrugged.

“You were rubbish yesterday when we worked on that Harry!” Ron said, swallowing hard before speaking. “You could hardly even cast Expelliarmus yourself, let alone block it!”

Ginny’s eyes furrowed, “Really? He had no problem…”

“No, Ron’s right. I watched them working yesterday…he was absolutely pitiful…” Hermione cut Ginny off.

“Thanks, ‘Moine,” Harry said, shaking his head, focusing on eating rather than letting his friends critiques get to him. He was trying his hardest and it wasn’t his fault if he had good and bad days. All he could hope is at the final battle it would be a good day. “I’m going to go take a nap…” he excused himself, wanting to get away from the conversation. He knew he could get away with the excuse his energy was low…it usually was after practicing wandless magic, but it wasn’t today. He had no intention on actually taking a nap.

Ginny waited until Harry had left before speaking, “He’s not tired. He lost hardly any energy today. He just doesn’t want to talk about how he is improving.”

Hermione leaned into Ginny, and Ron had to scoot closer to hear her as well, “He’s not really improving though Gin.”

Ginny shook her head, “That doesn’t make any sense. Hermione, you worked with him earlier this week and he cast Expelliarmus just fine. I know it, I was in the room…he just had a bad day yesterday working with Ron,” Hermione exchanged a look with Ron. “What?”

It was Ron that spoke, “We’ve been thinking…and we kind of came up with a theory.”

“Ron came up with it. Take the credit, Ronald, it is quite brilliant…you hit it right on the head.” Hermione patted him on the back. Ginny waited patiently for Ron to continue.

“Harry is absolute rubbish when he is working with me and Hermione. But all you have to say about your sessions with him is what he’s able to accomplish…” Ron said darkly, clearly excited about his brilliant theory…or just the fact that Hermione found it brilliant.

Ginny rolled her eyes, “You’re going in circles, I’ve seen him cast and block Expelliarmus when he’s worked with both of you! How can you honestly say he is not improving?” Ginny shot at Hermione.

“Listen, Ginny, we’re trying to explain. Sure, he’s improved in the sense that he is able to cast and block the spell…but only in certain circumstances.” Hermione explained.

“Stop being so damned mysterious. Spit it out!” Ginny snapped, annoyed. Hermione and Ron both sat back, scalded. They let Ginny’s words sink in before speaking up again.

“You said you’ve seen him cast and block the spell when he’s working with us…but neither of us, when working with him one on one, alone, has seen him do it.” Hermione said simply and carefully.

“What?”

Ron leaned back towards his sister, “It’s you. He only shows improvement when you’re around. It’s like he can’t even do it if you’re not in the room.”

“But…that…really?” Ginny scrunched up her face. What did this mean? “Does he know…no, why would…what about the first time he cast it?”

Ron nodded, “Hermione was hounding him about his feelings for you at the time…” Hermione gave Ron a cold stare/

She stood and took everyone’s cleared plates. “I know it’s weird. I think it might have something to do with his magical energy. He has more or he’s just able to control it, when you’re around. I don’t think he realizes it, and I don’t think we should mention it quite yet. We might be wrong. Let’s give him more time.”
Not Exactly A Lie by wilbur
Ginny paced in the kitchen, her mind reeling with thoughts. She had awoken from a dream without disturbing Harry, which was a relief, because it meant she didn’t have to lie to him like she had to four days ago. Knowing it wouldn’t help, knowing it would only make her anxiety worse, Ginny stopped pacing suddenly and walked straight to the cupboard holding her Pensieve. She placed her wand at the surface and found the memory of the dream of four days ago, the dream she had lied to Harry about.

Diagon Alley was under attack. Her dream had started in the middle of action, odd for dreams, which usually jumped around between random memories before landing in the main focus of the dream. Instead, she remembered clearly standing in the middle of the road, watching families scatter, taking cover in stores, knowing they couldn’t risk Side-Along-Apparations with more than one child. Auror’s, member’s of the Order, Ron, Hermione, people from Dumbledore’s Army, and random witches and wizards fought together against the mass of masked Death Eater’s fighting towards Gringott’s Bank. She heard Harry yelling at her, but she stood, as if in a trance, watching the dream unfold, because she knew it was just that, a dream.

She had bolted straight up in bed with a loud gasp that had caused Harry to sit up at her side, rubbing her back as she breathed irregularly, “Was it real time?” A shake of the head for an answer, she couldn’t trust speaking yet, he’d pick up on the change in her voice. He’d know she knew something new.

“Everyone survived?”

It wasn’t exactly a lie, a small nod and a quiet confirmation, “Yes, everyone survived the dream…” But she woke up before the dream ended…and the ending had been clear.

He gave her neck a small, affectionate squeeze. “And nothing out of the ordinary happened? A typical battle, Order versus Death Eaters?” No. No it wasn’t typical. She had stood in the middle of the battle, as Harry screamed, pleading with her.

“In Diagon Alley,” she swallowed hard, “The usual fighters…Order, the DA, random’s…you, Ron, Hermione.”

“And no one was hurt?”

It wasn’t exactly a lie, a small nod and a quiet confirmation, “No one was hurt.” But she woke up before the dream ended…and the ending had been clear.

She had “battle” dreams quite often, sometimes occurring at Hogwarts, or Diagon Alley, or the Burrow, so when she explained to Harry that it was just another dream of that sort as he had asked all his regular questions, he had kissed her forehead and held her close as they laid back down.

There was something more, however, that she didn’t mention to him, something that was different than the other battle dreams: she didn’t join in the fighting. She stood there, watching everything unfold…and it was the reason, the feeling, the understanding of why…Ginny looked away from the Pensieve as the sickening feeling in her stomach she had felt standing in that dream threatened to overtake her entire being.

So, she hadn’t exactly lied to him four days ago…but those same questions, if he had the opportunity to have asked them tonight…she would have been forced to lie because she had the dream in full. What she knew to be the end of the battle had been confirmed, and now she couldn’t justify her lies. No, it wasn’t real time, but not everyone survived…it sure as hell wasn’t an ordinary battle…and he would be hurt the most of anyone involved.

Ginny sighed heavily as she drew the silvery strands of the dream from her temple and placed them in the swirling water of her Pensieve, knowing she would never allow Ron, Hermione, or Harry watch what it contained.




“Ginny?” Hermione’s voice broke the silence. Ginny swiveled in the kitchen chair and gave Hermione a weak smile which was a sort of allowance for Hermione to enter the room fully. “Bad dream?”

Ginny nodded as Hermione sat across the table from her. Then the silence returned to the room, but to Ginny it felt like drums were pounding in her ears, and a high ringing spun around and tightened its grip on her head. Even after placing the memory of the dream into the Pensieve, much like the dream four days ago, it’s shadow remained swimming sporadically in her mind.

She closed her eyes and heard chopped up remnants of the memory, voices ringing with calm reasoning, frantic yelling, and Harry…Harry pleading with her. Her eyes stung and she felt Hermione’s hand enveloping her own from across the table, “Gin? Are you alright?” she whispered.

“I’m just upset I haven’t dreamt about Hufflepuff manor in so long. I know there is something there.” Ginny clenched her jaw, another half truth. When had she started keeping things from everyone? Hadn’t they all been so open and trusting thus far? She had a sudden pang of understanding for Dumbledore. Where did he find the strength to keep the most disturbing news from the ears of those involved? Did she have the ability to keep the weight off Ron, Hermione and Harry’s shoulders?

“Gin?”

She loved them all so much, that’s why she wasn’t telling them everything…it was for their own good. That’s how Dumbledore got through. But Dumbledore was flawed. Wasn’t she just delaying the inevitable? But she had to…if she told them now, they’d try and stop it from happening, and it had to happen. If she told them what her dreams contained, more harm would befall them, more pain and suffering. That is if prophecies are to be believed. Dumbledore had explained to her and Harry the complexities of prophecies. Would Harry be the one so affected by this war if Voldemort had never heard the prophecy?

“Ginny, can you even hear me?”

Would the events of her dream unfold if she had never dreamt it in the first place? If she told Harry everything, he would do everything in his power to make sure it didn’t occur, but would it even matter? Would she let him stop her from doing what had to be done?

“Ginny? Listen to me, you need to calm down.”

Maybe not telling them was her being a coward. Maybe she didn’t want to deal with Harry’s pleading directly, if she waited until the last moment, she could run away when his world crashed in around him. She choked on her tears when that thought struck her. She would be abandoning him.

“Breathe, Ginny, breathe.”

It had to happen and she knew it, standing in the dreams. She had a decision to make, and in the dream it was so clear, but thinking about it…seeing Harry’s face outside the dream…hearing his voice in her head…she couldn’t breathe.

“I’m going to get Harry.”

“No!” Ginny stifled a sob, she felt like she was being strangled. Everything was collapsing.

“You’re hyperventilating Ginny, you need to breathe!” Hermione’s voice was tight with concern and exasperation.

Then the full realization, she was suffocating, and Hermione knew something was horribly wrong, and she would need to come up with one hell of a lie. How could she keep Hermione from running to Harry? She couldn’t fill her lungs, they weren’t even in her, and her heart wouldn’t beat…was it because it knew she would throw half of it away when she abandoned him, so it was abandoning her in full now in spite?

“Ginny!” Her shoulders were being shaken, and her eyes shot up to Hermione and locked there, she could focus. “You don’t need to tell me what’s going on,” a hand placed reassuringly on her cheek, she could feel. “I won’t ask you a damned question,” she shook her head and felt hot dry air scratch her throat, “and I won’t tell Harry about whatever the hell is happening right now, but I can’t do that if you don’t take a breath right now.”

Choppy, sharp, choking, quick, and stabbing, breaths, “That’s better…but listen to me, together, we’re going to take a real breath. Are you ready, Ginny? You have to focus. Together now, that’s it, slowly…in,” and Hermione placed both hands on her face and slowly breathed in, made sure Ginny returned her gaze, “and out. There you go, and again,” another deep breath and everything righted itself. She did have lungs, her heart hadn’t left her, and it could still beat.

They stared at each other, and Ginny saw that Hermione was kneeling in front of her, a glass of water was being given to her. She sipped it. “Hermione…” her voice was raw.

“I said I wouldn’t ask questions…when you’re ready, you can tell us what’s going on. Just…just don’t do anything stupid Ginny. I can see it in your eyes. I’ve seen it in Harry before…and it scares the hell out of me.” Ginny nodded, finished her water, and allowed Hermione to walk her up to her bedroom. She felt the squeeze on her arm, was Hermione being reassuring or was the touch meant to remind her she had a responsibility to tell her what exactly had just happened.

She slid into bed and saw Harry sleeping soundly. “I’m so sorry,” she whispered. “Please…please forgive me.” Harry’s eyes moved beneath his lids, and Ginny saw the corners of his mouth twitch, but he didn’t wake up. Ginny turned away from him, knowing she had to pull herself together. She brought the sheets up to her chin, took a deep breath and fell back into Diagon Alley, where she stood like a statue as everything she knew spun in chaos around her.




Weeks passed, and a routine had developed in Grimmauld Place. Ginny spent most of her time sifting through the Pensieve’s, looking through Dumbledore’s memories of searching for Horcruxes. Only she could be drawn towards objects or places that could be important. Together with the memories and her dreams, she’d report her findings to Harry, Ron, and Hermione and they’d do further research, travel to villages, and interview people (while in disguise of course). They’d been focusing on Ginny’s Hufflepuff Manor dream, Ron and Hermione took turns scoping the mansion while she had been researching the history of Helga Hufflepuff.

Ron and Harry had left earlier that day to go watch the Hufflepuff Manor, leaving Hermione and Ginny at Grimmauld. Ginny had been reading about Helga Hufflepuff’s detailed childhood when she had fell into a light slumber. She snapped awake with Hermione’s voice above her.

“I’m sorry!” Hermione apologized when Ginny jumped a foot in the air. She rubbed her chest where her heart beat wildly in surprise.

“It’s okay…” Ginny closed her eyes and tried to remember what she had been dreaming as Hermione took a seat next to her.

“I actually wanted to talk to you about that night…a few weeks back?” Hermione said tentatively, not sure if she should bring it up. “I know I said I wouldn’t push the topic…but it really scared me…and I just wanted to know…”

Ginny’s head snapped up, “Hufflepuff Manor.”

“What?”

“It’s going to happen tonight. You three need to go tonight.” Ginny said, turning to Hermione, who thought maybe Ginny was just trying to change the topic.

“How…were you dreaming just now? About the Manor?” Hermione tried to understand.

Ginny nodded. “The trinket room I dreamt about…the Horcrux is definitely in there…and it’s a statue. A small statue…” Ginny closed her eyes again. Hermione waited. “There isn’t enough time, though. In the dream, I felt like there wasn’t any time…”

“No time for what?” Hermione asked, becoming anxious.

Ginny shook her head, not understanding it herself. “I don’t know.”

“We can’t just go…with so little information…even if there isn’t any time…it’d be silly just to run there tonight,” Hermione explained softly to Ginny.

“I know. But maybe, maybe it won’t happen tonight, but when it does, you’ll have to be quick? No, that’s not it…” Ginny stood up and began to pace. “I feel like I have to be there.”

Hermione’s eyes grew wide, “I’m sorry Ginny, but you can’t come.”

Ginny turned to her, with her eyebrows raised. “I know I don’t usually…but I think this time I might have to...” Hermione continued to shake her head, “What the hell, Hermione?”

“I don’t trust you coming with.” Hermione shrugged.

“What?”

“I said I don’t”“

“I heard you!” Ginny’s voice rose.

Hermione stepped forward, “Why did you freak out that night? What did you dream to make you so scared…so against talking to Harry?”

“This has nothing to do with that…”

“You told me that night you were upset you hadn’t dreamt about Hufflepuff Manor in so long, then you hyperventilated, and now you want to go along to find the Horcrux tonight? Don’t tell me it has nothing to do with it,” Hermione’s voice was high and frazzled.

“Whatever, Hermione, believe what you want. I’m not ready to talk about what happened that night, and I trust that you won’t go back on your promise and you’ll keep it from Harry, because it isn’t time for him to know, or for you to know.” Ginny said, her face had become flushed. “I’m just telling you what I was dreaming when you came into this room 10 minutes ago. I’m telling you the Horcrux is a small statue, it’s in the trinket room in Hufflepuff Manor…and you won’t find it unless I go with. Why? I don’t know…I wish things were easier, that we have all the answers, but we don’t. All we can do is trust our instincts.”

“Fine,” Hermione answered, “But my instinct is that you are hiding something huge and”“

“Hermione! Ginny!” the girls were staring angrily at each other when Ron bustled into the room, out of breath, closely followed by Harry, who hung on the doorframe.

“Is everything alright?” Hermione placed a hand on Ron’s shoulder; he was hunched over, clutching his stomach.

“Yeah, we came back to get you Hermione…we overheard a conversation between the old couple…they’re leaving the house tonight, it’s our chance to go in and check things out.” Harry explained, walking over and kissing the top of Ginny’s head.

Ginny gave a meaningful glance to Hermione, who turned her attention to Harry, “Do you think that’s wise? We don’t even know what the Horcrux is...”

“I just had a dream that this would happen,” Ginny said quickly, defying the tight lipped Hermione, who was refusing to look at her as a show of disapproval. She continued when no one spoke. “I was just telling Hermione that I thought tonight would be the night…and that the Horcrux is in the trinket room, and that I have this feeling it is a small statue…”

Harry gave her a small nod, then, noticing Ginny’s hard eyes placed on Hermione, and Hermione’s clenched jaw, he said, “Is everything all right?”

“Ginny was also telling me she thought she should come with,” Hermione finally returned Ginny’s hard stare.

“What?” Harry took a step away from Ginny, “Absolutely not!”

Ginny tore her eyes from Hermione, “Why not!?” she challenged Harry.

“We agreed you wouldn’t come along on these things!”

“But I dreamt…”

Hermione cut in, “You dreamt that the Horcrux is a statue in the trinket room. You had a feeling that you needed to come with. It’s not the same.”

“This is ridiculous. You’re not going to have much time tonight”“

“Not if we keep fighting about this”“ Harry said above Ginny’s declarations.

“”and if I come I’ll be drawn to the Horcrux!”

“How do you know you’ll be drawn to it?” Ron finally contributed.

Ginny held up her hands towards the ceiling, “I just do okay?! The old couple will be gone…there isn’t any danger in this situation!”

“There will be if we get caught by them,” Hermione whispered like a child who wanted the last word, she crossed her arms.

“Which is why you want to get in and out…that’s why I should come!”

“No!” Harry repeated angrily.

“I think she should come,” Ron said plainly, after watching everyone with a calculating eye. All three heads turned to him and his words hung in the air.

A few moments passed and Ginny finally said, “Thank you Ron.”

“I said, no.” Harry repeated. “There is absolutely no reason…”

“It’s a room full of frickin’ trinkets. Do you have any idea how many ‘small statues’ there will be in there?” Ron said, now leaning up against the desk Ginny had been sitting at not an hour ago. Harry shook his head, stubbornly. “Listen, you don’t want her to go, you vote no. I think she should come, I vote yes. Hermione? Let’s just say it’s up to you.”

Everyone turned to Hermione, and she slowly looked up and locked eyes with Ginny. Ginny knew in an instant. Hermione whispered, “No.”

Ginny shook her head in disbelief, “Fine. You all better hurry. It’s a small statue; you’d be able to hold it in your hand. Good luck.” She pushed passed Harry, who held out a hand to stop her, but she moved her arm up and over him and left the room.

They all watched her leave, Harry turned to Hermione, “There’s something going on…and you’re going to tell me after we get back from Hufflepuff.”

Hermione shook her head, sidestepped Harry’s demand, and said, “Let’s go.”





Ginny sat silent, sitting at the end of the long kitchen table and watched as Hermione, Ron, and finally Harry disappeared into flames, traveling by the Floo Network. She shook her head, sipped her tea, and waited.

They didn’t have time to prepare or to run. They didn’t hear the old couple return, who came in through the kitchen and sat, sipping coffee and reading the paper. The couple sat there for a long time as Ron, Hermione, and Harry struggled in the trinket room. They didn’t hear the whispered curses, killing the old couple. “Did you hear that?” Ron said. There was a squeak on the stairs. Then Death Eaters poured into the trinket room. Curses were flying…they didn’t have any time…

She didn’t realize how long she had been out, but when she snapped awake, she saw that the tea she had been drinking was spilled all across the table. She sat stunned for a moment before standing quickly. She didn’t know how she knew, but it hadn’t happened yet, and if she’d hurry, she could save all their lives, and get the Horcrux before the Death Eaters.

She fell into the coffee shop located in the middle of the small town. Ginny ignored the gasps and angry yells from the owner as she sprinted out of the shop and tripped onto the street. Closing her eyes, she spun on the spot and was at the gate of the Manor. She saw two shadows walk through the front door. The old couple had just returned. She looked up and saw three more shadows creeping in an upper room of the mansion.

She needed all the time she could get and the driveway was a long one, she made the decision to Apparate into the house. How she was able to hit the trinket room with no problem, she had no idea.

“Ginny?!” Hermione gasped.

Harry stepped forward, ready to demand an explanation, but was interrupted by a voice below, “Did you hear that, dear?” they heard the women call out from the kitchen.

“No!” a man shouted, “What did you hear?”

“It sounded like an Apparation!” the woman called back.

“Shush!” Ginny hissed, as Harry’s mouth hung open. “There’s not time to explain. Death Eater’s are on their way.”

Harry, watched in shock as Ginny moved around the room, her hands out, hovering above rows of trinkets, stopping every so often and closing her eyes, he snapped his head towards the door to the room. He stepped forward as if to grab Ginny, but Hermione stood in front of him. “Just wait,” she whispered, her eyes round.

Ron moved quickly over, “She is coming up the stairs,” he breathed, looking between the two.

Hermione looked frantically at the door as well as they heard the woman’s voice, “I could be imagining it…who would pop into the house at this hour…and why wouldn’t they use the front hall?” she spoke to herself.

“We can’t Apparate out of here…she’ll hear us…and we’ll never get another chance to be in here,” Ron continued. Harry spun around and saw a window cracked open.

Ginny’s eyes remained closed but she spoke in an urgent order, “We need to get Auror’s here, or the old couple is going to die. We can’t stay here, or we’ll die.”

“Out the window,” Harry pointed and pushed Hermione towards it. She nodded and hurried over; meanwhile Ginny looked up and cast her eyes across the room, landing on a jade statue of a wizard and a witch. Ginny walked, as if in a trance, to the statue resting on the shelf. She felt connected to it somehow, like it belonged to her in another life. She stared at it for a little bit, scared to touch it, not knowing how to comprehend her feelings towards it. Never trust something if you can’t see where it keeps its brain.

Ron was already half way out the window after helping Hermione out when Harry looked back and saw Ginny walking away. “Damnit, go,” he said to Ron as he started climbing down the drainage pipe on the side of the house; Hermione was already on the ground looking up anxiously. “Listen to Ginny, get Auror’s here, and fast…then meet back at Grimmauld,” Harry spoke almost silently before turning back into the room.

Ginny stood before the statue and began reaching out for it. Her fingers felt numb as they came closer to the jade. She barely heard Harry’s footsteps bounding towards her because she heard something else in her head; her heart skipped as she heard the voice that had haunted her during her first year at Hogwarts and onwards. Amazing the effects a simple book could have in the hands of a silly little girl. Ginny blinked hard and shook her head, her eyes widened as she continued to stare at the statue. Do not hide from death Harry Potter, I want to see you when I kill you, I want to see the light leave your eyes. Ginny saw her hand shaking horribly above the statue. Join me, Harry, and you will have power beyond anything imaginable.

Harry rushed forward, hearing the woman just outside the door, “Did you leave the trinket room door open dear?” she yelled out, the door began creaking open, Harry saw the woman’s arm come into view. He grabbed Ginny’s outstretched hand, spinning her around and pushing her behind and up against a bookcase blocking them from direct view of the door. His body was pushed tight against her, it had to be, other wise he’d be seen.

If she wasn’t so distracted, she would have noticed how his hand had slipped easily around her waist; but, she was distracted. The voice that had been almost clear when her hand shook horribly over the statue was slowly slipping away. There was now just buzzing in her ear, coming in and out of focus.

Harry looked down at her, their faces closer than he could barely handle…his heart racing for an entirely different reason than being discovered. Ginny, disoriented from the experience with the statue and being pushed up against the bookcase opened her eyes and tried to focus on a spot on the wall above Harry’s shoulder.

“I never come in this room enough,” the woman sighed, and Harry closed his eyes as he heard the lady step into the room. Ginny suppressed a gasp when she saw her reflection in a mirror just behind Harry. She saw the old woman with her back to them, examining a cabinet. Ginny tugged on Harry’s arm and nodded at the mirror, then to behind the couch.

Harry nodded, finding Ginny’s hand as he led her, creeping, to behind the couch. They ducked behind it just as the woman turned around. They saw her shadow walk across the room to the opposite side of the bookcase they had just been hiding behind. Harry looked at Ginny again and raised his eyebrows. She nodded again across the room; he looked over and saw a broom cupboard. He nodded in agreement.

Ginny slipped her wand out of her robes, Harry shook his head putting a hand out to stop her, but Ginny’s stare back settled him down. She stared at the door intently, Harry held his breath. The woman moved again, and as she did, she said in a loud voice, “We really should go through all these things…find something new every time I come in here!”

Just as she was speaking, Ginny cast a spell in the smallest of a whisper, “Alohomora,” and the broom cupboard clicked open with the smallest of a swing, completely unnoticed by the woman. Harry and Ginny crept a few more steps, hunched over, shielded by the couch. Ginny dared a peak around it and pushed Harry forward towards their hiding spot when she saw the woman bending over to get a closer look at an umbrella stand.

Harry made it into the closet, but when Ginny made to run towards the door, the woman gasped, and Ginny fell to the floor behind the couch. She dared to look up and saw Harry staring at her from behind the cupboard door. “Oh I remember this umbrella!” the woman sighed and Ginny bit her lip in frustration, glaring under the couch just in time to see the woman walking towards it and around. She looked frantically back to Harry who signaled for her to hide under the couch.

Ginny pushed herself under just in time; the woman walked behind it and opened the window fully. Ginny held her breath as she listened to footsteps walk back around the couch. Turning her head she saw feet stop by the couch, then the couch sag under the weight of someone having a seat. Ginny, when she felt like she regained some breath, pushed herself carefully from beneath the couch.

Emerging silently, she walked backwards towards the cupboard, praying the woman wouldn’t turn around. When she reached the door, she felt Harry’s hand close around her wrist and pull her gently inside. He reached behind Ginny and grasped the door handle, turning it as he shut the door, then slowly releasing it as the lock fell silently into place, leaving them in complete darkness.

Ginny stood on tiptoe as the door closed, Harry slipping an arm around her waist, pulling her close into him. Ginny’s arms snuck up and around his neck so that they ended up in a position as if they were slow dancing…afraid to explore the cupboard with the chances of knocking over a broom and making a racket. When the door was shut, Harry placed his now free hand on the door frame, holding his and Ginny’s weight as she clung to him.

Neither dared to breath, they barely moved. They stood in silence for a long time before they heard a muffled man’s voice. A grunt from the woman before they heard her shout out, “Oh, just let me get it for you! Honestly! Stop opening drawers!” her voice became muffled too as they heard the click of the trinket room door closing.

They simultaneously breathed out as Ginny fell from her tiptoes to flat feet. Harry allowed her to fall from his tight grasp, but he kept his arm around her small frame, her arms remained around his neck.

He looked down at her and shook his head in relief and she smiled up at him, “Been a while since we’ve shared such a small broom cupboard,” she teased. Harry blinked at her and she watched his eyes flutter down to her lips and back to her eyes. Her heart stopped but just as quickly as she saw his desire, he pushed it back.

“We need to get out of here,” he whispered. She nodded sadly.

“Not before we grab that Horcrux,” she said determinedly, opening the broom cupboard carefully, peering out to make sure the room was indeed deserted once more. Harry followed her out and watched as she strode back to the jade statue.

She closed her eyes as her hand hovered above it. We need the girl…she knows something…I don’t care how you do it, find her and bring her to me…alive! Ginny shook her head violently and forced herself to grab the jade statue. It immediately began glowing a dazzling orange as Ginny turned around and stared at Harry.

The statue was warm under her skin, her hand felt like a million little needles were prickling her skin, and the voice in her head became louder and more clear as her hand clamped the statue. I want the redhead captured because Potter won’t be able to handle it! If they figure out her importance before we can use her…someone will pay dearly… Her head was numb and she felt like she had been holding her breath for too long under water; colors were restricting her sight and her ears needed to pop.

“How did…” he began. Ginny just shook her head.

“Later…let’s get out of here,” she said quickly, passing him and squeezing through the window. “Here,” she passed him the statue, “it’s too heavy,” she breathed before she shimmied her way out onto the ledge and down the pipe to the lawn below. They crept along hedges and saw two Auror’s pop onto the gravel at the front gate, just as dark robed figures entered the house. The Auror’s disappeared with two more pops, and they saw the beginnings of a battle happening in the kitchen.

Harry made to walk back towards the house, but Ginny stopped him, “They can’t know we were there, Harry. Voldemort will figure out we’re going after the Horcruxes. As of now, he’ll think his Death Eaters screwed up, or that the Horcrux has merely been lost. We can’t risk it…the Auror’s will do what they can to protect the old couple.”

Minutes later Harry and Ginny Apparated on the doorstep of number 12 Grimmauld Place; neither moved towards the door, Harry looked at Ginny expecting an explanation, Ginny stared back not sure if she wanted to give it. They hadn’t believed her when she said she should come with.

“So much for Ginny staying behind while we’re out there searching…” Hermione said sarcastically, opening the door. Ginny glared at her, then turned to Harry, grabbing the Horcrux.

“Here’s the small statue you lot couldn’t find,” she strode towards Hermione and stood in front of her. “And your welcome…5 minutes later and you’d be battling Death Eaters.”

“Ginny…” Harry whispered once in the hall.

She ignored him, and instead leaned into Hermione lowering her voice, “Tonight had nothing to do with that night weeks back and I’d really appreciate it if you’d just forget it.” She shoved the statue in Hermione’s hand, “Trust me alright?”

“Gin!” Harry called after her as she moved past Hermione and walked up the stairs.

“I’m going to bed!” Ginny shouted, shutting the bedroom door angrily.





Harry, Ron, and Hermione all shuffled into the kitchen and sat at the table, staring at the statue that rested in the center.

“What’s going on Hermione?” Harry asked simply.

“What do you mean Harry?” Hermione answered in a flat voice.

“Something is going on with Ginny, and you know what it is.”

“Something is going on with Ginny, and I don’t know what it is.”

“Why have you been staring daggers at each other? What did she whisper to you before she stormed off to bed?” Harry pushed.

“We’ve been staring daggers at each other because I haven’t understood something…and she whispered ‘trust me’.”

“What haven’t you understood? Why did she whisper ‘trust me’?”

“Harry, we could go in these circles all night. What it comes down to…we let her down tonight.”

“How so?” Harry said, taken a back, “What, because we didn’t want her to come along? It’s no different than any other time we’ve gone out without her.”

“No. It was different. Everything is different. She needs to come with us…” Hermione took a deep breath. “She needs to come with us out, when we go out for research or whatever.”

“Hermione, what the hell is going on?”

“You need her.”

“I know I need her.”

“No, you need her.”

“Yes, I know.”

“You can’t do wandless magic unless she’s around.”

“What?”

“She needs to be with us when we’re out there because a time might come when you’ll need to be at your very best…”

“Where is this coming from? Is this what is going on between you two? She’s been telling you she has to come along? Has she seen something? Dreamt something?”

“Harry, I can’t do this…answer the barrage of questions. If you’re so concerned, talk to her about it. I just wanted you to know, we need to trust her more, as is evident from the events tonight. And she needs to be more involved, for your own good, because you need her.” Hermione stood up. “I’m going to bed.”

Harry and Ron watched her leave, in quite the same manner as Ginny left for bed. “Is she serious?” Harry asked Ron. He did a double take when Ron shrugged. “What, you…you agree with her?”

“Mate, tell me a time when you’ve blocked Expelliarmus when Ginny hasn’t been around.” Harry opened and closed his mouth. “I wanted her to come tonight…she told us she needed to come tonight…and if she hadn’t, that old couple would be dead and who knows what would have happened to us.”

“Yeah, but…what’s going on with her and Hermione?”

“Nothing…I think everything is really stressful, and Ginny is scared, and feeling small and powerless because we’re holding her back. And I think if you get too preoccupied with conspiracy theories, you’re going to take huge steps back…and we need to keep moving forward. I’m going to bed.” Ron finished, standing up and leaving the kitchen.

Harry sat and watched him leave in disbelief, then stood quickly, not sure how he should feel as he ascended the stairs towards the room where Ginny waited.

When he entered the room she was sitting on the bed, her legs crossed and lifted up against her chest, her arms draped around them holding her self up. The sheet was tangled around her legs, her hair was half up, and her eyes were red. Cleary she had been crying. Harry closed the door and leaned up against it, the click of the door caused Ginny to look up. She sighed sadly and wiped the corner of her eyes.

Harry walked forward slowly, not sure what he should say; he murmured the first thing that came to him, “I thought we were telling each other everything.”

He immediately regretted saying that, because Ginny’s chin dropped to her chest as she shook it from side to side before running her fingers through her hair, grabbing a clump on either side. Her shoulders began to shake and he could hear her small sobs. “What’s going on, Gin?” he asked, crawling on the bed and touching her shoulder softly. His heart broke when she jumped at his touch.

She took a deep breath and lifted her head, her cheeks were wet. “We’re getting nowhere it feels. I mean, sure, we found a Horcrux tonight, but there’s three left! With no leads!”

Harry scooted closer and put his arm around her, he was happy when she didn’t wince or jump and instead nuzzled into his shoulder, “Hey, you said it, we found another tonight…so now we’ve destroyed 4. So, tomorrow we get to work finding the next one…”

“We’re running out of time. The Death Eaters were at the Manor tonight to collect the Horcrux…Voldemort is collecting them again.” Ginny stopped because she was dangerously close to revealing too much.

Harry tucked a piece of hair behind Ginny’s ear. “Is that a guess…or do you know something I don’t?”

“Do you resent Dumbledore for withholding the entire truth whenever he dealt with you?”

Harry thought for a moment, “I don’t think resent is the right word. I think he tried his best to make the right decisions with guiding me, but he made mistakes. There were times when he should have told me everything…and times when he was justified in not.”

Ginny nodded, “I agree completely.”

“So you’re not going to tell me what’s wrong?”

“It’s my dreams…I’m trying to figure some things out…”

“I want to help.”

“You can, by letting me figure it out on my own.” Then she laughed.

“What?” Harry asked.

She shrugged, “Dumbledore, I can’t figure him out. He told me to wait for you to figure things out about our relationship. But, I kind of think the advice goes both ways.” Harry nodded in understanding.

“It goes against everything in me…but I can respect that. If you need to figure this out on your own, you can. But, can you just promise me…promise me you won’t put yourself, intentionally, in a situation where you are going to be hurt.”

“Harry…”

“No…I can see it in your eyes, and I’m scared. I’m scared you’re going to…”

“Harry…this situation we’re in. We’re in no place to make promises like that,” Ginny explained, staring at the bed.

“I’m not asking you to promise me you won’t get hurt, I understand the implications of battle. Just don’t purposefully…I don’t know…sacrifice yourself.”

Ginny thought a moment. “I can’t promise you that.”

“Gin…” he breathed.

“Promise me you won’t sacrifice yourself in battle.”

“It’s different…”

“How?” he didn’t answer, so she shook her head and continued. “Our biggest fight, who get’s to protect the other. How about we promise to always love each other, and fight our hardest to stay together as long as we can.”

“You’re scaring the hell out of me, Ginny.”

“Welcome to the club, I’m scared for you everyday…I guess that’s what love is, huh?”

Harry shook his head. “No, this is what love is,” and he leaned over and kissed her with everything he had.
New Leads by wilbur
Author's Notes:
This chapter, in one scene, changes perspectives multiple times. It might be sort of confusing for some, but I thought it was cool...
Harry and Ginny sat in the living room with the two Pensieve’s taking up the entire coffee table they shared. Two long pieces of parchment for each of them to scribble notes on lay between them. Harry looked over to see Ginny lean over Dumbledore’s Pensieve, she fell into it and disappeared from his view.

Ginny landed hard on the floor of Dumbledore’s office, not wanting to fall over, she grabbed the high back chair that Dumbledore himself was sitting in; of course, he didn’t notice Ginny’s chirp of surprise or the tug of his chair. She took the few short moments she knew she had to look around the office, she was scanning his desk when a quiet knock on the door caused him to shuffle some papers before bellowing, “Come in!”

Out of the corner of her eye, she saw him move a book entitled “Pushing the Limits of Magical Ability and Power”. Ginny’s mouth parted and she breathed in a short gasp of air, when she looked away from the book, she saw herself walking through the door. She was supposed to be reviewing a meeting between herself and Dumbledore regarding her prophecy, from Dumbledore’s point of view, to see if there were any differences, but after seeing the book, she wanted to get out of the Pensieve as soon as she could.

Harry took a deep breath after watching Ginny disappear into Dumbledore’s Pensieve before turning back to Ginny’s. He wanted nothing more than to look at Ginny’s most recent dreams, but she had somehow hidden them from being discovered. First he cursed her for keeping a secret from him, and then cursed himself for trying to pry it out of her. He resolved himself to just find dreams that Ginny had pushed aside as not important, ones that they hadn’t reviewed together because of that fact. They had thus far only pricked the surface of the information contained in the Pensieve’s, but he thought it was time for a fresh point of view. Perhaps the less reviewed, less “important” dreams, were ones that shouldn’t be cast aside?

As he prodded the surface of the water, he watched clips from dreams, as if he was flipping through a photo album and each frame had only 5 seconds to convince him to view its contents. Ginny’s memories of her own dreams: the graveyard, Harry being tortured, Ginny talking to Tom in the Chamber, Hermione being kidnapped, Hufflepuff Manor, Ginny running down a narrow path, Ron outnumbered by Death Eaters. Harry pulled his wand out of the water quickly, and then spun the water counterclockwise until the snippet of Ginny running took up the entire basin, then, with his heart beating wildly, he dove forward.

When Ginny found herself sitting back in the living room, she looked over to see Harry falling back out of her own Pensieve. She scooted towards him before he regained his balance. At the same time, they made eye contact and, in hushed voices, said together, “I’ve realized something.”

“What were you looking at?” Ginny asked, nervous that perhaps Harry had found the dreams she didn’t want him to see.

“A dream we’ve never looked at before, here,” he pushed the basin towards Ginny, who looked into it intrigued. She saw the snippet of her running down the path.

“I had that dream near the beginning of the school year. I was running down the path looking for something…I assumed a Horcrux, but I couldn’t be sure.”

Harry nodded, his eyes growing wide in excitement, “Do you know where this is?”

“No…do you?” Ginny returned, looking away from the Pensieve. Harry nodded more vigorously.

“It’s in Hogwarts, the Room of Requirement. When a student needs a place to stash something, I put Snape’s Potion’s book in it last year. The tall towers on either side of the path…those are piles of junk.”

Ginny’s mouth parted in awe, “You don’t think a Horcrux…Voldemort wouldn’t…”

Harry shrugged, “He was careless enough to leave Malfoy with the Diary. The Statue was found in a room full of junk, in essence.”

“Yeah…but…”

“Why else would you dream about this room? You’ve never even heard of it before, right? And you said yourself you felt like you were looking for something.” Harry was clearly very excited. Ginny was a bit more apprehensive.

“You know how dangerous it is to go into Hogwarts?” She began.

Harry shrugged, “I got in and out…”

Ginny grew silent. How was she supposed to tell him she couldn’t risk going into a castle crawling with Death Eaters whose first orders were to find her and bring her to Voldemort? Those were the words, from Voldemort’s own mouth, that she heard when she held the statue in Hufflepuff Manor.

Harry narrowed his eyes and tilted his head in suspicion, “Why don’t you…”

Ginny quickly decided to change the topic, “I’ve realized something about our prophecies that we have overlooked. It makes such complete sense you’re going to feel like an idiot that we didn’t figure it out sooner.”

“You’re trying to change the subject.” He said simply, his eyes narrowed, but never lost their sparkle.

“Is it working?” She asked with a coy smile. Harry shrugged. “You’ll have a power Voldemort won’t know about…wandless magic, perhaps?” He nodded, so she continued. “I am the only one that can hold the power you control.” He nodded again, but more slowly. “You can only do wandless magic properly when I’m around…”

“Sure, that all makes sense…but doesn’t that all seem a little…”

“Too easy?”

“Yeah,” Harry admitted, for lack of better words.

Ginny nodded eagerly, “Yeah, it does. Which makes me think there’s more to it; I mean, I don’t see the final battle being as easy as you and Voldemort in a duel, I walk into the room, you get the power to do wandless, and you catch him off his guard.”

“If only,” Harry huffed.

“I don’t have the answers now…but I think I might know a book where we can start, ‘Pushing the Limits of Magical Ability and Power’. It was on Dumbledore’s desk in the last memory I went into. I think it’s worth a shot.”

Harry nodded in agreement, before adding, “As is looking into the junk room in Hogwarts.” Ginny rolled her eyes and pulled some parchment closer to her to scribble down the new leads her and Harry had created.




“I’ve never heard of it,” Hermione said, “Knight to E5.” Her pawn moved across the table towards Ron’s furrowed brow.

He grunted, “What, you think you’ve heard every book title?”

“Oh hush,” Hermione turned fully to Ginny. “What’s up with the book?”

“Castle to B6. Maybe she wants Harry to push the limits of his magical ability and power.”

Hermione snapped her head around and glared at Ron, “Bishop to E 12. Checkmate!”

“What!” Ron lunged at the board and watched as Hermione’s bishop clobbered his knight. Hermione flipped her hair and stood from the table. “Better luck next time Ronald. I’m going to go memorize some more book titles, let me know if you want a rematch anytime soon!”

Ginny laughed as she followed Hermione out of the study, where they left Ron staring disbelievingly at the chess board. “You’ve scarred him completely…now it’ll take him twice as long to make a mooo…” Ginny trailed the word into a whisper.

“What?” Hermione snapped.

“Erm…” Ginny avoided making eye contact.

“Make a what, Ginny? Make a mooo…?” Hermione mocked.

Ginny fidgeted uncomfortable, “Twice as long to make a mooo…ooove, make a move when he’s playing chess!” Ginny recovered triumphantly, but not convincingly.

Hermione snorted, “Let’s hope not. Now, let’s see about this book. It’s such a generic sounding title…I’m surprised we haven’t come across it yet.” Hermione said as they climbed the stairs towards the Grimmauld Place Library. Ginny took a seat on an oversized couch as Hermione marched to a bookshelf and pulled the book directory from a higher shelf.

Magical book directories could only be found in the biggest and most notorious magical libraries. Hogwarts had one and old manors with large book collections often had one. They listed the libraries entire collection and were connected to all other libraries in possession of a directory. So, in essence, having a directory in Grimmauld allowed Hermione, or whoever would use it, to see if Hogwarts, or any other library, held a copy of a book they wanted.

Hermione bent over the large book and said in a clear voice, “Search, book title, Pushing the Limits of Magical Ability and Power.” Ginny pushed herself off the couch and approached Hermione’s side. “Well that’s odd...there’s only two known copies.”

“Really?” Ginny looked over Hermione’s shoulder. “Hogwarts and the Magical National Library in London,” Ginny whispered.

“Hogwarts would probably be easier,” Hermione reasoned.

Ginny immediately shook her head and blurted, “No!” When Hermione raised her eyebrows Ginny stepped back off her tiptoes, “I mean, well, Death Eaters roam there now. You haven’t been there since Dumbledore died…it’s just not the same. Plus, look, Dumbledore checked it out years ago, and hasn’t returned it. Meaning, it’s probably lost somewhere in his office. So, unless you want to ask Snape if you could have a quick look around…I think we need to make a trip to London.”




“Master,” Wormtail whispered before cowering under the evil glare Voldemort cast his direction. “I have a contact…works in the Directories Department at the Magical National Library in London…”

“This better be worth disturbing me Wormtail,” Voldemort hissed.

Wormtail shook, he nodded, “He tells me an inquiry was recorded yesterday, from Grimmauld Place. They’re looking for the book ‘Pushing the Limits of Magical Ability and Power.”

“What!” He didn’t yell, but Wormtail cowered for his life, as Voldemort’s eyes flared. “This information displeases me greatly, and after your horrific planning to retrieve my possession from Hufflepuff, and your dismal performance at capturing the red-headed blood traitor…you will be sorry if Potter get’s his hands on that book. Do not disappoint me again. Now get out of my site.”

Wormtail ran out of the room, Voldemort watched him with disgust until he felt his Nagini slither around his feet. “It’s true Nagini,” he hissed in what felt like his natural language, “Dumbledore no doubt told Potter about how far I pushed magical limits…and now he think’s he’ll be able to find answers in a silly book, as if it was that easy.”




“Will you stop laughing?” Harry asked patiently.

“You’re blonde!” Ginny answered, as if his request was absolutely ridiculous. He shook his head and placed a baseball cap on his head, pulling it low, making sure his scar was covered.

“I can’t wait till Hermione has a go on you.” He said bitterly, Ginny chuckled as she leaned in a doorway.

There was an up-roar from behind the door Harry and Ginny stood near. Ron fell out of the room and Hermione’s voice was released, “Get over it Ronald! These are supposed to be disguises!”

Ginny couldn’t help it, the laughter she had been trying to suppress based on Harry’s appearance was impossible to contain now that she saw her brother. Harry even choked on air. “Shut up both of you!” Ron yelled. His hair was pitch black, and with his pale skin…it just wasn’t the best combination. He was still ranting, “Hardly a disguise,” he spat back towards the room, “if people will be staring and laughing at you!”

Hermione appeared in the doorway. “You threatened to hex me if I made you look like Harry,” she began, Harry gaped in offense, “and you complained like a baby when I made you a brunette. So, now you’re stuck with that. Get over it!” she repeated.

Ginny stepped forward, “I promise I won’t complain, Hermione.” She said sweetly. Hermione only scowled. Walking back into the room Ginny shut the door, “You did that on purpose…made him look like a fool.”

“Absolutely not,” Hermione lied, not even trying to sound convincing. “I think you’ll make a nice brunette. It actually looked quite nice on Ron despite his complaining.

Ginny shrugged, “I really don’t care what I look like. It’s just a quick trip right?”

“Yes, the charm will only last two hours.” Hermione held up her wand and pointed it at Ginny. She felt her hair retract into her head, Hermione had shortened it. “Alright, my turn,” Hermione pointed the wand at herself and suddenly she was dirty blonde.

“Didn’t want to go white blonde like Harry?” Ginny snickered. Hermione shrugged, but had a twinkle in her eye. They walked out of the room, and Ginny glanced over to see Harry glare at her. “What?” she asked.

“You still look beautiful,” he said grudgingly.

An hour later the four were standing across the street from the large National Library. “Alright, Hermione and Ron, you’ll go check out the book. Ginny, you’ll go in and linger by the front door, keep an eye out. I’ll stand out here and make sure everything is clear.”

“We’re going to laugh in 20 minutes when we’re back at Grimmauld. Is all this planning really necessary?” Ron said, scratching at his hair angrily.

Hermione rolled her eyes, “Don’t be so grumpy just because you’re hair’s a different color.”

Harry shrugged, “You never know what might go wrong,” he said as he went to cross the street. Harry stepped off the curb and made it two steps into the car lane when a loud horn sounded to his right. He turned just in time to see the triple-decker Knight Bus appear and tower over him. He felt two small hands on his back, and he was suddenly tumbling forward, becoming entangled around himself and Ginny, who had ran in front of the bus as well.

“Harry!” they heard Hermione yell, “Ginny!”

They were sprawled in the middle of the street, Harry saw the back of the purple bus, then turned to see Ginny, laying next to him on her back. He rolled over towards her to make sure she was alright. She stared up in his face, “What just happened?” he gasped.

“I know you didn’t get out much as a kid,” Ginny said, sitting up. Harry held out a hand to help her stand, they crossed the street together, dodging a couple more cars that had slowed when they suddenly fell into the street, “But here’s a tip…look both ways before you step onto a street.”

“I did! The bus came out of nowhere, it’s the frickin’ Knight Bus!” Harry said, waving his hand back to where he was almost hit.

Ginny rolled her eyes, “I guess now we’re even. Death by Snake in a creepy chamber for death by Knight Bus on busy street. Yours was a bit more heroic…but I’m the girl so…”

Harry laughed as they watched Hermione and Ron run up to them, Hermione panted, “Oh my gosh, Ginny are you alright? I’ve never seen you move so fast!”

“Don’t use our real names, Hermione!” Harry scolded. Hermione looked at him annoyed as he realized his slip, he shook his head. “Just get the book will ya?” and he waved them all away.

Ginny moved towards him and pecked him on the cheek, “Don’t cross the street again until I come back and hold your hand,” she teased before trotting away with Ron and Hermione and entering the library.





Hermione scanned the shelf, “It’s not here.”

“What do you mean it’s not here?” Ron said, looking at the shelf for the first time.

“What do you think I bloody mean, Ronald?” Ron made to retort, but a high pitched scream over powered his voice. Hermione’s eyes grew wide, connecting with Ron’s, before a large crash tore at their ears, the floor shook, and books began falling all around them.




Ginny watched the front door from behind a book shelf, holding a book pretending she was reading it. It took her a moment to remember that Harry was blonde, and it was him who had burst into the front doors looking around frantically. She went to wave, grab his attention, find out what was wrong, but before she could, a wizard crept up and pointed his wand at the enormous chandelier. It came crashing down, just above where Harry had decided to stop.

No one had heard the wizard, Ginny hadn’t either she had only seen where he had been pointing his wand. The chandelier was so high up; no one had noticed it was falling. People heard the chinking and jangling of crystal, but were looking around the floor for the source of the noise. Ginny was going to watch 20 people, including Harry, be crushed by the massive decoration. She stumbled forward, “Harry!” she screamed, pointing to the ceiling.




Harry stood, staring at the library from the street, checking his watch periodically. Hermione and Ron should be checking the book out any moment now. Then the three would exit the library, they’d Apparate back to Grimmauld, and everything would have gone to plan. He looked back up, a short, familiarly hunched backed, wizard was scuttling up the steps. The thinning hair gave him away, but Harry’s fear was confirmed when he saw the shining silver hand. Wormtail. Harry, moved quickly, running up the steps, he watched as Peter Pettigrew disappeared into the library.

He stumbled into the library and looked around frantically. Where had he gone to? Did he transform? Where was Ginny? She should be somewhere near the door…maybe she saw him and went to alert Ron and Hermione. What was that weird noise? He looked around and saw others looking around as well. Then he heard his name. Ginny had yelled his name, he looked around. There she was, pointing up…

He looked up and saw the chandelier, floating down. “EVERYONE MOVE!” Harry yelled at the top of his lungs. People scrambled, pushing and shoving one another, not wanting to be the one crushed. Harry dove behind a counter just as the chandelier hit with an enormous crash.




“What the hell?” Ron yelled, before they sprinted down the aisle, turning towards the front. They scooted to a halt when they saw the dust settling from the wreck in the middle of the lobby.

“The chandelier,” Hermione whispered. She caught it out of her eye, a rat running down the aisle to their left. “Scabbers…” she breathed.

Ron looked at her like she was insane, but when she nodded over to where the rat was now transforming, Ron grabbed her wrist and pulled her behind a row of books. “By the front,” Pettigrew wheezed to another wizard who had joined him. “The short-haired brunette. They’re in disguise, but she yelled for Potter to move…it’s Weasley.”

“You’re sure? The Dark Lord will not be merciful if you screw up another attempt at..”

“You know the signal. Attack at my signal,” Wormtail spat. They both whipped out of the aisle. Hermione and Ron stared at each other, and then sprinted from their hiding spot, praying they could find Ginny first.




Ginny saw him jump behind the counter just in time. People were pouring out of the library, but a few were creeping towards the wreckage. Ginny was moving forward, but slowed when she saw these people. They weren’t looking for loved ones, they were looking around, and they were waiting for something…for someone…something was very wrong here. She saw Harry pop up from the counter. She stood, looking from him, to the few wizards, standing eerily around. He looked over and she knew he understood something wasn’t right as well. A bright light caused Ginny to shield her eyes, she heard an eruption of curses, and then she was being tackled.




Ron was running as hard as he could, from the corner of his eyes he saw Pettigrew raise his wand, Hermione was falling behind, but he kept moving. Ginny had come into view, she stood, not moving. Ron closed his eyes when the light blasted from Pettigrew’s wand, the signal. He heard Hermione shout, “Expelliarmus!” but not before a wizard shot a curse towards Ginny, with her back turned. He dug his feet in, beat the curse, and ran full force into his sister, pushing her to the ground.

“We need to get out of here!” he yelled above the raucous of curses flying around the library.

They scrambled to their feet, Ron saw Hermione stunning the Death Eater she had just disarmed before turning on two more, and Harry was in a fierce battle with the two Death Eaters that had been standing near the chandelier. Ron ran to the aide of Hermione, and Ginny to Harry.

Just as she approached the duel, Harry’s wand spun through the air and into the hands of Peter Pettigrew. “Stop!” he yelled. Ginny scooted to a halt and the other Death Eater lowered his wand. The four stood in silence as small battles continued around them.

Pettigrew had his wand on Harry, but was staring at Ginny who slowly rose her wand back at him. She saw the other Death Eater point his wand at her. So they stood, staring at each other, no one moving their wands. “Move,” Pettigrew growled, “and I kill him.”

“Kill him, and I kill you.” Ginny hissed. She knew Harry could protect himself, put up a shield, with out a wand…but could he be strong enough to deflect the killing curse?

“That’s cute,” Pettigrew sneered.

Ginny stepped forward and everyone tensed, “That’s the truth…don’t push me you disgusting rat.”

“Crucio!” Pettigrew yelled, the spell sped towards Harry.

“Protego!” Harry yelled, holding up his hands. Nothing happened.

Ginny watched as Harry fell to the ground. “Stop!” she screamed at Pettigrew, running forward and stopping three feet from Harry. “Rectusempra!”

Pettigrew broke the connection when Ginny’s spell hit him, Harry rolled over in relief. Ginny felt her wand slip from her fingers, the other Death Eater had disarmed her. “Ah,” Pettigrew chuckled, “Quite the predicament.”

“Let’s kill him,” the Death Eater holding Ginny’s wand said eagerly.

Ginny turned to Harry, only feet from her, struggling to stand. He was obviously weak, and they were both disarmed. She heard Hermione and Ron fighting fiercely across the lobby. The situation wasn’t looking good. “We can’t kill him McNair…he isn’t our target…”

“The Dark Lord will reward me if I am the one to destroy him…” he repeated hungrily. Ginny saw his eyes flash, she saw his arm begin to raise, and without thinking, she was moving through the air.




“Petrificus Totalus!” Hermione shouted, and her curse missed, sending books flying off their shelves. The small duel was now down from four Death Eaters against her and Ron to only two Death Eaters.

Hermione ducked as a blue light raced her way. As she fell forward on a turned over chair, she reached out, tackling the Death Eater that had been fighting Ron. As they fell, something tumbled out of the Death Eater’s cloak. It was the book. Hermione reached for it, but then felt a wand tip pressing into her back.

“Move, and you’ll feel the worst pain in your life,” she heard a rough voice above her. “Get up Nott, and pick up the book you fool.”

Hermione looked over and saw Ron, bound by ropes and laying struggling on the floor. She felt hands pick her up and set her roughly on her feet. “See them over there?” The Death Eater grabbed her face and forced her to look over to where Harry and Ginny stood, unarmed. “We finally got her…and soon the Dark Lord will let us…”

But what he would let them do, Hermione didn’t find out, because the Death Eater standing nearest to Ginny suddenly lunged forward, pushing Pettigrew aside. He raised his wand and pointed it at Harry. Everything seemed to be happening so fast, just as the Death Eater lunged, so did Ginny…Hermione tossed Nott off her and took several steps forward, not knowing why. She watched in horror as both a bright green light and Ginny raced towards Harry.




His bones were on fire, but it stopped as quickly as it had started. When he struggled to raise his head, he saw Ginny standing, pain in her eyes, wandless. Wandless…his blocking spell hadn’t worked. He gritted his teeth, and although he felt numb, he forced himself to stand. How were they going to get out of this mess? He couldn’t do his wandless magic when he actually needed it. He hardly heard the conversation between Pettigrew and McNair…but he caught, “destroy him.” He looked up and saw Ginny staring intensely at McNair.

Then, maybe because he didn’t have any energy, or maybe because he thought his world was about to end, everything began to move in slow motion. It seemed like they both moved at the same time, but McNair had the edge. His wand was directed at Harry, lowered to his chest…and she was running to him. He saw the light before he heard the words, “Aveda Kedavra.” There was the green…and then there was red. It was Ginny, Hermione’s disguise spell had lifted, and he saw her red hair whipping around him. He felt her before he heard her. Her arms wrapped around his shoulders, her back ready to take the full force of the killing curse and she whispered, “I love you.”

Though she clung to him, he did not wrap his arms around her; instead, he held them up high and summoned any energy he had, which seemed to be more with Ginny hanging from his neck. He surprised himself when he didn’t bellow the words…no, he only needed to whisper them, the power wasn’t coming from his voice, but from within, “Protego.”

A thick shield appeared around them, woven like a web until it was solid. The green beam hit the shield and it warped slightly, but held as the curse bounced off it. He didn’t know if the silence was caused by the shield, or if the shield was just his imagination and the silence was the first sign of being dead.




Hermione stood, completely unaware that she stood beside two Death Eaters holding her and Ron’s wands. She was staring at the large webbed dome that had appeared around Harry and Ginny. Had it formed in time? She shook her head, of course it had…the light had bounced off. She was snapped back to reality when she heard a scuffle to her right. Ron had undone himself from the ropes that had contained him, and he was wrestling with a surprised Death Eater. In the scuffle, he had dropped Ron’s wand. Hermione lunged forward and grabbed it. “Petrificus Totalus!” The Death Eater turned rigid, and Ron pushed him over and stood. Nott turned and faced Hermione, who was already facing him. They stood in silence, Ron staring between the two panting.

The quiet was ended when they heard the terrified voice of McNair, “He didn’t have a wand!” He shouted. Hermione watched as Nott turned to look. The dome had diminished, and Hermione saw Ginny unwrapping herself from Harry.

Harry stepped forward, “Stupefy!” The air around his hands rippled, and a wave rushed towards McNair, who was pushed off his feet and knocked out. Pettigrew took two large steps back. Before Harry could even turn to him, he began transforming into a rat, and disappeared into the wreckage of the chandelier.

Hermione yelped in surprise when Ron suddenly tackled Nott, wrestling both wands he held out of his hands. When he had managed to grab them, instead of using one, he balled up his fist and punched the Death Eater full force. Then, standing up, he pointed his wand, stunned the Death Eater, and then walked to Hermione. He forced Hermione’s wand into her hand before taking his from hers.




“Are you two okay?” Hermione asked, running around the chandelier, Ron right next to her.

Ginny nodded, finding Harry’s hand. Ron bent over and picked up Harry’s wand from where Pettigrew had transformed. He handed it over, “You did that web thing without a wand?” He didn’t answer, but instead turned to Ginny.

She smiled, “The Knight Bus…the Chandelier…the Killing Curse…how many times am I going to have to save you today?”

“Well, in case you didn’t notice I actually had to save you. You jumped in front of a Killing Curse! What the hell were you thinking?!” Harry answered angrily.

“You couldn’t block Crucio! I can’t do wandless magic so it’s not like I could block the spell!” answered with fire in her tone.

“So you jumped in front of it?!”

“I wasn’t in any danger,” Ginny shrugged, Harry stared at her with exasperation.

“Oh no?”

“We’re still alive, are we not?” Harry shook his head and pulled her into a fierce hug, which was very convenient for her, because at that very moment, her head began to spin, and she felt like she would be sick.

She heard Voldemort in her head, the library bent out of focus. She heard Hermione in the background of her awareness, she felt Harry keep a tight grip on her, but he didn’t notice her swaying.

Voldemort walked to the window and looked out; he was in the highest tower of Hogwarts castle. No one knew he was there besides Wormtail and Snape, “It’s here, isn’t it Nagini. You can feel it too, can’t you?”

“Yesss,” the snake hissed.

“It is just one part of my soul, as you are. It draws us near, it attracts us, because we are all one. Don’t worry, I will soon have the pieces that are still left…and Potter won’t have a chance to defeat us.”

Ginny’s head was light, her stomach was turning. Hermione’s voice became clear again, “Okay…how about we tie these Death Eater’s up and get the hell out of here before…”

“Done,” Ron interrupted. “I took the liberty of collecting the scum.” Everyone turned and saw Ron standing next to the group of Death Eaters. They were all tied up to each other, all still thoroughly knocked out. “I’ve sent a message to the Order, hopefully they’ll get here before the Minisitry…or more Death Eaters.”

Hermione nodded, “Yes, we need to go. We overheard Pettigrew before the chandelier fell…they are after you Ginny.”

She felt Harry tighten his grip on her hand. She knew, of course, now more than ever why they were after her. It draws us near. She repeated in her head, and her heart fell. Voldemort was in Hogwarts…and so was one of the Horcruxes. They had to get it before him…but he was already there. Harry couldn’t go…he clearly wasn’t ready to fight Voldemort, and they hadn’t found all the Horcruxes.

The answer was clear. She had to go. She was the one that was drawn to the Horcruxes…and she had a step up on Voldemort. She knew it was in the Room of Requirement. All she had to do was sneak into Hogwarts and get to the room…she could be in and out without Voldemort ever knowing. Yes, it was clear, she had to go…and she had to go alone…and she had to go now.

“We have to get out of here then,” Harry said, pulling Ginny’s hand. She nodded silently. “Ron, did you erase their memories?” Ron nodded.

“We can Apparate in here. No one is around…” Hermione said. “Back to Grimmauld.”

“Yes,” Harry said, letting go of Ginny’s hand. She didn’t look at him, because she didn’t know if she’d be able to picture Hogsmeade instead of Grimmauld if she saw those green eyes. “See you all in a minute. Let’s go,” he said. Ginny watched as he turned on the spot. As she began to spin, she saw both Hermione and Ron snap and disappear from sight, and she prayed they wouldn’t figure out where she had gone instead of Grimmauld.




Harry hurried into the long entryway, not wanting to linger on Grimmauld's front step. He didn't get far when he heard Hermione's hard breathing behind him. He turned to face her, “How did they know we’d be there?”

“I don’t know!” Hermione said anxiously. “They might have connections with the Library…perhaps they saw me look for the book through the Directory system.” Hermione and Harry stood still in the hall, watching the front door. Ron stumbled through only a minute later, but it felt much longer.

"What took you so long?" Hermione snapped.

Ron glared at her, "Don't vent your frustrations on me, alright? It’s not my fault we didn’t get the book. I landed down the block...lost the tip of my finger." He held up his pinky.

“You didn’t get the book?” Harry looked over Ron's shoulder, Ginny hadn't returned yet.

"No, one of the Death Eaters had it…and then I couldn’t find it once everything was over. They knew we were looking for it." Hermione followed Harry's eye site over Ron's shoulder. "Ginny not back yet?" He shook his head.

“She was the last to Apparate…she’ll get here. We need to go to Hogwarts to get that book…” Hermione said.

Ron frowned, turning towards the door as well. “We overheard Pettigrew…he pointed Ginny out. They attacked us to get to her. We’d be crazy to go to Hogwarts, all those Death Eaters. No, we don’t even know if the book is still there.”

The intensity in the air was thick, they were all sweaty and dusty from the battle and they stood staring at the door, barely breathing.

“Something is wrong,” Harry said. “What if she didn’t get out in time? I shouldn’t have left right away,” Hermione and Ron exchanged a glance. “What?”

Hermione blinked hard, “She has been keeping something from all of us. I…I think she got out of the Library just fine…but went someplace else. Why, I have no idea.”

“Damn it, Ginny.” Harry spun on the spot and slammed his hands into the kitchen door, it swung open wildly and he charged into the room. Hermione and Ron followed him quickly.

“Where would she go?” Ron asked. Harry opened the filing cabinet door open wildly and began throwing large pieces of parchment around.

He found the Mauraders map and tossed it on the kitchen table, “I solemnly swear I’m up to no good.”

“Hogwarts?” Hermione asked, bending over Harry. “You think she went to Hogwarts to get the book?”

“And the Horcrux probably,” Harry said, scanning the map. “But we need to be sure before we go after her.”

Ron shook his head, “Why would she go without us?”

“Do you think this has to do with her freak out 8 weeks back?” Hermione whispered.

“Her freak out?” Harry repeated.

“The…the thing that she’s been keeping from us. She had a dream and I walked in on her in the kitchen and she started crying…but, she wouldn’t do anything stupid…” Hermione looked up to Ron, then to Harry.

Harry didn’t move his eyes off the map, “She already is, Hermione. There!” he shouted, causing Hermione to jump. “3rd Floor by the Room of Requirement,” he pointed.

“Well, let’s go!” Ron said, moving towards the door.

“Oh my god,” Harry breathed, it was enough for Ron to spin around in fear, enough for Hermione to stand up and back away from the table. They looked at Harry expecting the worst, and they got it. He looked up to his two friends, not even trying to hide the tears of fear that had formed in his eyes, “Tom…Tom Riddle…is in Dumbledore’s Office.”
Too Easy by wilbur
Author's Notes:
PLEASE review. I love reading the comments...we're getting close to the end here...
It had been too easy. She had entered Hogwarts and made it to the Room of Requirement without meeting one person. When she walked through the door she gasped at how much junk was really packed into the room. Would she be able to find the Horcrux in time? In the trinket room she knew it was a statue…she didn’t know anything here, or if the Horcrux was actually even in the room. But she knew it was because she felt her feet moving without even thinking. She heard buzzing in her head and her heart was beating far to slow. The junk was arranged so that small aisles darted in every direction, and of course it wasn’t in a grid formation, but long curving alleys.

Her breathing was slow, her mind was racing. Then she felt a shiver down her spine, there was something else in the room. She turned around, but saw nothing but old shoes, trick wands, and a large pile of Weasley Wizard Wheezes. She closed her eyes. Bright colors exploded under her eyelids and she saw a form of a crown, beating as if it had its own heart, and then she heard it…a hissing. It didn’t take long for her to realize that she wasn’t imagining it, but by the time her eyes had opened, it was too late.

Nagini’s tail hit her stomach full force and she was catapulted down the aisle and fell into a pile of junk that tumbled down and around her. She saw the snake slithering quickly toward her, its fangs bearing. She picked up a book and threw it at the snake before scrambling up and sprinting down an aisle with particularly large towers. This was her dream. She struggled to breathe as she sprinted, hearing crashing behind her as the snake slithered up the tower, knocking things down on top of her.

When the snake lunged at her from above, she placed her hands above her head and braced her self for the impact. When the full weight of the snake fell on top of her, the wind was knocked out of her chest and she wheezed. She felt the snake wrapping itself around her, and suddenly she was becoming extremely hot. Her skin was searing and the snake was feeling it too, because it’s hissing was piercing the calm silence of the room.

It took a moment for Ginny to realize that the snake had disentangled itself from her. She was sprawled on the floor, trying to catch her breath, and she saw the snake turn out of the aisle she was in, and then her eye caught a sparkling silver crown, on top of a mannequin’s head.

She felt the presence of Nagini leave the room, but the presence of the crown had overtaken her senses. She approached it slowly, and when she reached out, the heat that had enveloped her when the snake touched her slowly prickled the tips of her fingers. She picked the crown up, and again, the familiar buzzing voice of Voldemort entered her awareness. She’s here Nagini? Now? Tell me where. Stay here and rest, my pet.

Ginny threw the crown into her backpack and sprinted for the door. She entered the hall and saw that some students were roaming around. She heard people gasping and pointing at her, she was sure she looked like a mess. Dusty from the library, sweaty from running from the snake, she even felt cuts and blood soaking her robes. She turned a corner and with her own momentum threw herself into a wall. She breathed a gasp of agony, her joints were stiff as if she had just played a month long game of Quidditch. She clawed herself away from the wall, jogging far away from the Room of Requirement, clutching her side as she went. She noticed the halls were becoming more and more littered with students, staring at her in awe, fear, or disgust. She ran away from them, until the halls became deserted, how was she going to get out? She came through the Hogs Head into the Room of Requirement. Voldemort was on his way there, and then who knows what he’d do to find where she was…he knew she was still in the castle, and soon all the Death Eater Professors would be looking for her. They’d just have to follow the points of students.

She stopped and leaned up against a wall, she had to catch her breath. She had to think, clear her head. McGonagall, she had to get to McGonagall’s office. Ginny took a deep breath, and when she quickly turned the corner, she ran into someone. She screamed as she took several steps back, raising her wand ready to fight.

Harry grabbed Ginny’s wrist, stopping her from moving away. “Harry!” she gasped. They’re eyes locked. “Harry, we have to get to McGonagall’s office! Voldemort is in the Room of Requirement; her office is the only way out!”

He nodded in understanding, not saying a word. He turned away from her and began running down the hall towards the office. Ginny followed, clutching her bag loosely at her side as she watched Harry closely. Then Harry turned suddenly, causing Ginny to scoot to a halt. He stared at her intently, and she returned his gaze, “Harry…he’s right behind us…” she whispered, but she was quickly silenced.

Harry moved towards her suddenly, slipping his hand around her neck he pulled her towards him while pushing her into the stone wall behind them. At first startled, her body tensed and Harry held his mouth over hers, without touching. Ginny’s hand squeezed the strap of her bag as she looked at Harry’s face, inches from her own. She looked at his eyes, closed lightly, at his mouth, slightly parted. Her mind raced, telling her to push him away…she had to push him away, but then his body swayed closer. She felt his chest press against her own as his hand slid around her waist, pulling her towards him slowly. His forehead touched hers, his hand shook as it rested on her lower back; his lips grazed her own, but only for a moment. Her eyes fluttered shut, breathing in how close he was, she let out her only sense of control in one shuddering breath. Her bag dropped to the ground and her arms flew around his neck. They both shook in excitement. Ginny ran her fingers through the mat of messy black hair on Harry’s head as his hands roamed her hips. Harry deepened the kiss and chills erupted down Ginny’s spine…it brought her back to reality.

“Mmhmm,” she pushed him away, “We have to go, Voldemort is…”

“I thought I’d lost you,” he moaned, interrupting her. Ginny looked into his eyes, saw the pain, and bit her cheek hard. She had to tell him…everything…soon. “If everything has gone to plan, Hermione and Ron will be there waiting for us.”

“What?” Ginny gasped, chasing after Harry as he began running again. She prayed everything had gone to plan, prayed that they had expected Tom Riddle to be at Hogwarts.

When Harry and Ginny entered the office it was to see a frazzled Hermione and a resolute Ron. “Ron, it would put them in such danger!”

“We don’t have much more choice right now, we know there are already protections there…it will give us more time to figure things out!”

Hermione ignored Ron’s argument when she saw Harry and Ginny. “Oh thank god! Grimmauld has been compromised, McGonagall just got word from Lupin…she just left. Ron thinks we should go to the Burrow.”

“We don’t have time to argue…we must go now.” Ginny said, grabbing some powder. “We won’t stay there long; just to make a new plan. The Burrow!”




“How the bloody hell do the pair of you get out of these situations?!” Ron asked, the last to storm out of the fireplace into the Burrow’s kitchen.

“How do you get into the situations in the first place,” Hermione corrected, plopping into a chair. She glanced up at the clock; no one was home but them.

Harry was leaning up against the sink, his left arm across his abdomen, supporting the elbow of his right arm; his head was buried within his hand. “Ginny…tell me whatever the hell just happened is the worse thing you have planned. Tell me that this is what you’ve been keeping from us…the dream Hermione knew about. Tell me that you dreamt you went to Hogwarts to get a Horcrux out from under Voldemort’s nose. Tell me what you thought would end tragically, is ending here…in this kitchen.”

Ginny stood rooted to the floor with her backpack slung over one shoulder. She saw Hermione and Ron perk up, neither knowing the Horcrux had been attained. Instead of answering Harry, she unzipped the pack, picked up the tiara, blocked the horrible yells of anger coming from Tom’s voice in her head, and placed it on the table near where Hermione sat.

“Well, this is great! We’ve only to find two more Horcruxes! And one is surely Nagini…:” Hermione whispered to herself more than anyone. “We need to destroy this, and start coming up with where we’re going to go next.” Hermione looked for agreement from Harry, but he stared only at Ginny.

Ron cleared his throat, caught Hermione’s eye, and both left the kitchen mumbling about taking care of the Horcrux and starting to brainstorm in Ron’s room. When Ginny heard the very last creak of a stair creep down from the top floor, she took a step forward. “Harry…I need to tell you…” She had expected him to interrupt her, but he hadn’t, he stared at her calmly. “How do I tell you this?” she whispered.

“You tell me outside.” Harry responded. “By the pond you like…in the back woods. Let’s go.” He walked swiftly to the door, grabbing a broom as he did.

Ginny knew it took 5 minutes flying time to get to the spot, but it felt like they were there within seconds. Harry allowed her to dismount the broom first before getting off himself. He placed the broom against a tree and followed Ginny as she had already started towards the water’s edge. It was still light out, and the sun sparkled on the gently rippling water of the pond.

“My Prophecy says that I can lead the way to the Horcruxes. I’m drawn to them. Why?” Harry shrugged, watching Ginny closely; no words could describe what he was feeling. He sat on a large boulder facing Ginny, watching her hair fly softly in the breeze. She picked at the rock, standing very close to him, without making eye contact. “I dream about them. When I’m in the same room I walk towards them without knowing why. When I hold one, I can hear Tom’s voice and they feel warm, searing hot sometimes.”

Harry looked away from her, and she saw it out of the corner of her eye, so she dared a peak at him. He was in pain…was it because he knew what was coming? Or had he no idea and that was what pained him? She shook her head. “When I…when I hold a Horcrux it feels like it’s mine. Like I have owned it in another life, like I have found what belonged to me…and…and that in finding it…I have become whole again.”

She didn’t think he’d look at her quite so soon, so when his eyes molded into hers she didn’t have time to prepare. “What does that mean? You’ve become whole again?”

“It means I am a part…only one part…of a whole…” Ginny said slowly.

“Stop it.” Harry said shortly. Ginny took his hand immediately, tears rising faster than she could handle.

“I’m sorry, Harry.” He pulled his hand from hers and looked at her incredulously.

“You’re kidding. You actually believe…no, you wouldn’t fall for such a foolish idea.”

Ginny shook her head. “Harry, we know Voldemort’s been collecting his Horcruxes, unsuccessfully so far. This is the reason the Death Eaters have been trying to collect me.”

“Kidnap you…not collect…” Harry corrected instantly.

“Collect Harry. When I was getting the tiara, Nagini attacked me. When she wrapped around me, it felt like all the others. She is the sixth. We’ll need to figure out a way to destroy her…then we’ll be ready to set up the final battle, which involves that dream Hermione has been so worried about.”

Harry was still shaking his head. “You’re getting ahead of yourself. Even if Nagini is the sixth…”

“She is Harry, trust me I know,”

“We still need to find the seventh.”

“Harry…don’t make me say it.” Silence, he stared resolutely out into the pond. “Fine.”

“Don’t,” he whispered…but she had already spoken.

“I am the seventh Horcrux. And just like the others, I need to be destroyed. Listen…I’ve dreamt it…and it’ll work. I’ll give myself up to Voldemort, he won’t kill me because he’d only be weakening himself…I’m his last hope of life. He’ll use me to lure you in. He’ll think he’s killing two birds with one stone…but he’s only setting up himself…because you’ll be able to…”

“Ginny, I swear to god if you say I’ll be able to kill you then kill him…”

“I know it’ll be hard…” Ginny spoke softly.

“I am not going to kill you, nor am I going to let anyone else kill you!” Harry yelled.

“What choice do you have in the matter!?” Ginny responded just as angrily. “I’m a Horcrux Harry, and all of the Horcruxes must be destroyed before you can kill Voldemort…”

“There must be a way to destroy the Horcrux without harming you…”

“There isn’t time, Harry…and you know it.”

“We would have had time if you had told me about this sooner!”

“Oh, you want to go there do you?”

“No…” Harry shook his head, pushing himself off the rock.

“Listen to me Harry. I’m the last Horcrux and Voldemort knows that. If he captures me, he won’t be able to kill me, but he’ll use me to lure you in. We will have the upper hand because he’ll never expect you to…” Ginny stared at the ground.

“Kill you before killing him?” Harry spat.

“Yes.” She held out her hand, placing it gingerly on his arm.

Harry shrugged her off, then threw a small pebble as far as he could across the pond, “Forget it.”

“You don’t have a choice.”

He spun to face her wildly, shouting, “Like hell I don’t!”

“I’m giving myself up the first chance I get…then you’ll have to follow the plan whether you want to or not.” Ginny remained calm as Harry felt the heat rise up his neck.

“You’re not giving yourself up.”

“Watch me. You can’t stop me from doing this Harry.”

“Watch me.” He pulled his wand out from his robes and pointed it at Ginny, who had sensed his intentions before he even spoke the words. What resulted was the two of them, standing a yard from one another, wand arms outstretched. They stared daggers at each other, cursing the stubbornness they both possessed.

“Are we going to duel, Harry?” Ginny taunted, breathing heavily. For a moment, she thought he was going to curse her. Stun her, drag her into a broom closet, and keep her there until the end of time.

She glared harder when she saw him shake his head ever so slightly before dropping his arm to his side. “I can’t do it.”

“Come on!” Ginny yelled; she wanted to fight him. She wanted to have a duel; she had too much stress and anger built up; too much anxiety and anguish. She could walk away from him; she could turn herself in, knowing she was walking to her death, if she was angry with him. If he tried to control her, tell her what to do…she could capture whatever feistiness she was known for and use that to do what she knew had to be done. But he wasn’t going to do it, he had dropped his wand to the ground and it rolled toward her feet.

“I can’t do it. I can’t force you to change your mind…” he stared between Ginny and her wand she still had pointed at him. Tears brimmed her eyes and her hand shook.

She tossed her head from side to side, “No! Come on!” she tensed her arm, holding her wand so tightly she was afraid it would snap. “Pick up your wand!” and she kicked it back towards him.

Harry looked at his wand, laying useless on the ground before turning back to her. He knew what was happening. She was desperate for him to understand, but didn’t want him to approve. She knew what he wanted wouldn’t matter in the end, but that it was needed in order to drive her to what she thought was the only way. She wanted to fight him, but only because she loved him. Nothing made sense, absolutely nothing.

Harry stepped over his wand and in one smooth motion he had overtaken Ginny. With his right hand he pushed her wand arm forcefully out of his way, knowing it would do him no harm; at the same time he reached out with his left hand, curving it around her neck and pulling her into him.

She received his kiss with surprise, and didn’t have time to switch her emotion from anger, not that it mattered, because she knew that Harry was kissing her with every ounce of resentment he had in him. So they stood holding each other, kissing with angry resentment. Nothing made sense, absolutely nothing.




“Ron?” Hermione whispered. Ron grunted, signifying he was listening. “Ron, I…I didn’t clean up the kitchen…”

“I guess I can forgive you this one time,” Ron said sarcastically, turning a page in the book he was researching.

Hermione shook her head aggressively, standing up, “No! At Grimmauld, the Death Eaters…all of our research papers! They’ll know what Horcruxes we’ve found…where we were thinking of looking next!”

Ron finally looked up. “Damn…we’ve got to tell Harry.” Ron rushed downstairs, Hermione close on his heals. They saw Harry and Ginny, walking towards the Burrow from the edge of the forest. “Harry! Hurry!” Ron called out the window.

They watched as Harry and Ginny jogged to the house. “What’s wrong?” Ginny breathed heavily. Ron explained what Hermione had just confessed. Harry and Ginny glanced at each other. They knew the papers would compromise little in their search for the Horcruxes. “Oh. Well, actually,” Ginny mumbled. “I don’t think it’s going to be a problem…”

Harry walked across the room and sat heavily in a kitchen chair. Hermione stared between the two. “What? Why? Ginny what is going on…tell us already!”

“Nagini is the sixth Horcrux.” Ginny stated, Ron nodded in agreement, Hermione shifted her weight impatiently. “I’m the seventh.”

“Way to put it bluntly Gin.” Harry said, “Of course, it isn’t true.”

Ron took two steps backwards as Hermione opened and closed her mouth several times. Ginny glared at Harry, “Believe it Harry.”

“What…what does this mean?” Hermione’s voice was two octaves higher than it should be.

“It means that we make a plan that will give us the upper hand when…” Ginny began, but Harry talked over her.

“It means we keep looking for the real seventh Horcrux.”

“Damn it Harry!” Ginny stomped the ground and shouted. “This is hard for me too! Do you think it’s going to be easy for me? Giving myself up? Leaving you? Knowing it will all lead to me dieing?”

Hermione had moved to where Ron stood stunned. She wrapped her hand around his and squeezed. Harry stood quickly, so quickly Ginny moved back a half step, but quickly rooted herself in a show of strength. “It’s going to be hard for me to do all those things. Me. Not you. This whole year I’ve been preparing for the final battle, for fighting Voldemort and I’ve always known I won’t be able to do it if you were around and now you’re trying to tell me not only will you be there but I’m going to have to murder you!?”

“What?!” Ron exclaimed, dropping Hermione’s hand. “Why would Harry murder you?!”

“I’m a Horcrux Ronald! I need to be destroyed!”

“There has to be another way!” Hermione joined in the escalating shouting.

“Oh, but we have no time!” Harry mocked Ginny’s voice.

Suddenly, the fireplace in the kitchen erupted in green flames and Molly stepped forward. “Harry! Oh thank goodness! The battle has moved from Grimmauld. Death Eaters have attacked Diagon Alley! They are claiming not to stop innocent killings until you show to give them what they want. Minerva said you’d be here…I’m supposed to come and ask you what…but…”

Silence settled in the kitchen. “We have no time…” Ginny whispered softly. Harry’s eyes snapped at hers.

“You’re not going.” He said before moving toward the fireplace and taking a chunk of floo powder.

Ginny laughed, marched forward grabbed some powder before Harry could lunge at her, sprinted into the fireplace, threw down the powder and shouted, “Diagon Alley.” She was swallowed in green flames; Harry almost didn’t wait for them to disappear before following her to the battle.
Diagon Alley by wilbur
Author's Notes:
review! sorry about the long wait!
She felt like she had stepped into the dream she had so many months ago. It was happening. She stood, watching the battle unfold, just like she had in her dream. She saw the same faces, the same families scurrying for safety, having no where to go in their panic. She saw the familiar fighters: the Order, the members of the DA, and soon Harry, Ron and Hermione would be pouring onto the street as well.

Ginny turned at the thought, and saw the three running towards her, in what seemed like slow motion. Ron and Hermione ran past her, wands waving. She heard bangs and shouts, but it was all muffled as she watched Harry pause in front of her, reaching out and touching her arm gently. It was time for the painful pleading to start. She knew it was coming…just as it had in her dream. But this was real. It was happening now…would she be able to turn from him? Walk away?

“Ginny,” his voice was so steady, so clear, so firm compared to what she felt inside, to what was happening around them. “Ginny, please…”

She couldn’t keep the gaze he was trying to hold with her, and when she turned away he tightened his grip on her arm and shook her gently. She turned back to him. His eyes, wide with fear, told her everything she needed to know. She knew he fully understood the severity of the situation. He knew in his heart that she was the last Horcrux and that she fully intended on sacrificing herself at this very battle. But, she also saw the desperation, the pure and utter panic. “I…I…” Her resolve was dissolving, and she closed her eyes, and instead of escaping the battle surrounding her, she saw the battle of her dreams.

The dream never went farther into what would happen. Maybe because she still had a choice…if it was a true prophetic dream, she would see herself handing herself over. But all she could remember was Harry’s pleading eyes. “Ginny, just…just…we have time…we…we can work something out…figure things out…”

A loud explosion rocked the very street. They both crouched down; Harry covered Ginny with his arms as rubble showered around them. When things stopped falling, they saw a mother grasping a bloody hand that was visible underneath a large piece of concrete. They watched as the mother stood, pointed her wand at the rubble and tried to move it from place. She had lost all magical power, and she collapsed next to the small hand. Hermione had rushed forward, placed her fingers on the child’s wrist and waited.

She looked up at the mother, “I’m so sorry…” she whispered. The mother howled.

Ginny turned back to Harry. “This battle has to end. They are here for me, Harry. Please, just let me go…”

“I can’t…I can’t…” Harry croaked.

“Harry…” Ginny’s voice cracked as she saw the tears rise in Harry’s eyes. “I don’t want to walk away from you right now…but I have to. You know I have to…so just…just…”

Harry shook his head, leaned forward and kissed Ginny. He cringed as the mother’s bereavement reached their ears at an unbearable decibel. “I’ll…I’ll figure something out.” Harry said, desperately, kissing her between words. She shook her head, not returning the kisses he placed on her lips.

“And until you can…I have to go. I love you. Please forgive me.” Ginny said. She was surprised as she felt Harry’s grip weaken as she pulled away.

“Don’t,” he said as her skin no longer touched his. She didn’t answer, but turned away from him. “Gin!” She had to look at him one more time; when she turned, she saw him running towards her, and saw his intention to stop her. She began running from him, heard him calling for her, telling her to stop. There was another way. But in her heart, below the pain, she knew that this was it. It had to be done.

There was another explosion to her right. Concrete showered down. She couldn’t hear him anymore. Dust was all around. She wanted to look for him, make sure he was okay. But this was her chance to stop the killing. She saw the white blonde hair peaking through the bottom of Lucius’ mask. She walked up the steps of Gringott’s, holding up her hands in surrender, her wand still gripped tightly.

“You’re here for me. Stop the fighting, and I’ll go without any trouble,” she said clearly. Lucius nodded, took his wand, lifted his sleeve and touched his tattoo. Ginny turned to see Death Eaters disappearing all along the alley. Dust was settling and people were peaking out of stores. Order and DA members were left, their wands still raised, stunned that everything ended so suddenly. Then Ginny heard him again. She breathed out in relief, but her heart constricted with the agony in his voice.

“Ginny!”

Lucius laughed, “Let’s go, darling.” He lunged forward, grabbed her around the waist and Disapparated.





“Damnit!” Harry swore again, kicking out at the fence outside the Burrow.

“Why the hell would Ginny do that!?” Fred shouted at Harry, Ron, and Hermione. Harry was pacing angrily, Ron ran his fingers through his hair, and Hermione looked away completely. “Guys!”

“We can’t talk about it, Fred,” Ron said quietly.

“Like bloody hell you can’t!” George piped in. “Our sister just walked right up to Lucius Malfoy! What the hell is going on!?”

“She’ll be okay, George,” Hermione murmured.

“Excuse me?” Arthur stepped forward. Hermione looked at the entire Weasley clan, minus Percy, then to Ron.

Harry stopped pacing, “Listen,” everyone turned to him, Hermione breathed in relief. “None of us wanted her to do that. But, Hermione’s right…they can’t do anything to her. They are just going to use her as bait, and she knew that.”

“Bait for you?” Bill asked. Harry was surprised when he spoke to him with concern, rather than anger. Harry just nodded.

“How can we help?” Charlie asked. Harry turned to him, equally shocked.

Molly sensed Harry’s unease and stepped forward, “Harry, Ginny has always been a head-strong, stick in the mud. If she thinks her way is right, she’ll listen to no one. No one blames you…we’re just worried about Ginny…worried about you…”

“The final battle is going to happen…and soon.” Harry said.

“You’re not ready,” Fred said bluntly.

Harry cracked a rare smile, “You’re right. I’m not ready…but Ginny seems to disagree.”

“What can we do?” George offered.

“Gather anyone you can. Any witch, wizard, creature, muggle you can that is willing to help. Can we use the Burrow as headquarters?” Harry asked.

Arthur nodded, “Of course.”

“Hermione, Ron and I have to discuss some things. Just…gather people. We’ll have a plan within the day.” Harry said, walking swiftly away from everyone. Ron and Hermione jogged behind him as everyone else dispersed to gather the troops.

“Within the day?!” Hermione breathed.

Harry looked at her, “They have Ginny, Hermione!”

“Harry, we still have to destroy Nagini…and you aren’t ready to fight Voldemort!” Ron said.

“I know!” Harry yelled. He took a breath to calm himself. “I know. We are going to just…follow Ginny’s plan. Let’s be honest…we’ve been following her plans the past months anyways. As much as we think we were making decisions, it has been all her.”

Hermione went to object, but thought better. The more she thought, the more she realized Harry was right. She’d been guiding them in the right direction the entire time. And here she was, leading the way to the final battle.

“Voldemort has been holding up at Hogwarts. Probably to get the tiara…but it’s advantageous there too. All the students can be held ransom. So that’s where it’s going to happen. We just have to figure out how to get Ginny.” Harry thought aloud.

“And how you’re going to beat Voldemort…” Hermione added.

“No, number two is how we’re going to kill Nagini.” Harry corrected.

“So number three is how you’re going to survive?” Hermione asked.

“That’s the least of my worries, honestly.” Harry said. Hermione rolled her eyes. Harry was about to explain, but his head collapsed in pain. The pressure was almost unbearable, but what was worse was hearing Ginny’s shouts of pain that enveloped his senses. Then there was the high pitched laughter…

Harry felt Hermione’s hands on his shoulders and heard Ron’s voice, “Harry? What is it?”

He squeezed his eyes tight, “She’s being tortured…” he was able to say from behind clenched teeth. He clawed at his head, as he heard Riddle’s voice.

“If you think I won’t kill her because she is my last Horcrux, you’re wrong. Even if you’ve destroyed all my Horcruxes, I can still destroy you. I will still be more powerful than any living wizard. You have one hour, Potter. One hour, to come and say goodbye to your precious love. I’ll kill her whether you’re here or not…in one hour.”

The pain was lifted, and Harry was left in emptiness, in a heap of weakness on the Burrow’s front lawn. “Harry?” Hermione whispered, clearly shaken.

He turned over on his side and was sick. “He’s going to kill her. It’s not how she planned. He said he isn’t afraid she’s the last Horcrux. He said he’ll still be able to destroy me and be more powerful than any other…”

“What?” Ron interrupted.

“He is going to kill her…” Harry repeated.

“But he said she’s the last?” Ron asked.

Harry thought a moment. “Yeah…”

“Dumbledore said there were seven Horcruxes?” Ron asked.

“Ron, we really don’t have time to ask stupid questions we know the answers to!” Hermione said harshly. Ron glared at her.

“We don’t have the Pensieve’s Harry…you need to remember…did Dumbledore ever say…seven Horcruxes?” Ron asked.

Harry shrugged, thinking hard, “I don’t know! We knew about the diary, the ring, the locket…and then he always said he believed Nagini was one, that Voldemort would probably want something from Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw…so there you go…”

“That’s six,” Ron said.

“Ginny would make seven,” Hermione said, looking at Ron like he was crazy.

“Where does Voldemort count?” Ron asked.

Harry stared at Ron hard, “What?”

“Dumbledore gave you 6 suggestions. Ginny says she’s the seventh…but what if there was only ever meant to be 6?” They both stared blankly at Ron. “Dumbledore said Voldemort wanted to split his soul in seven parts…that would mean he’d have to make 6 Horcruxes…”

“Yeah…” Hermione said, finally realizing Ron might be on to something, but not quite sure on what.

“We’ve always been looking for the 6…and we’ve had no time to think about what Ginny said. She insists she’s the seventh…the seventh part of Voldemort’s whole. We’ve destroyed the diary, the ring, the locket, the statue, and the diadem. Are you following me yet?” Ron asked.

“Are you saying that we only have one more left to destroy? Not counting Voldemort?” Harry said. Ron nodded slowly.

“So…so it’s either Nagini or Ginny?” Hermione asked. Not quite understanding.

Harry shook his head. “No. It’s Ginny. Voldemort said…he doesn’t care she’s the last…he’ll kill her anyway.”

They all stood stunned. “So…so…we don’t have to worry about destroying Nagini…” Hermione stammered.

“No, just how to destroy the Horcrux in Ginny without killing her…” Ron said.

“And within an hour…” Harry added. He spun in a circle; he didn’t know what to do next. He couldn’t get his thoughts straight. All he could see was Ginny being tortured. “I…I don’t know what to do…” he admitted.

Hermione and Ron looked to one another, lost for ideas as well. They all jumped when Mrs. Weasley spoke. “I find, when I am out of ideas, to ask someone that may be able to provide a new prospective? Give fresh ideas?”

They all looked at Molly, who stood, patiently, lovingly. Why couldn’t they tell her everything? She was Ginny’s mother, trustworthy and loyal. Harry took a deep breath, and to the surprise of Ron and Hermione said, “Have you ever heard of a Horocrux?”

She gasped, “Is this what you’ve been after? Has you-know-who created a Horocrux?” They all nodded. “I don’t know much about the matter. Just that it is evil magic, and that the object holds half of a murderer’s soul.”

“Wait…Mrs. Weasley, you’ve made me realize something.” Hermione said quickly. “When we destroy a Horocrux we are destroying its soul…but they have all been objects, so once we kill the soul, they are essentially nothing else. But, Ginny has her own soul too…so…so there must be a way to destroy the part of Voldemort that is in her and not her own soul. Right?”

“Ginny is the Horcrux?” Molly gasped.

Ron rushed to his mother, who began to cry. Harry swallowed the knot in his throat, “She is one of 6. The last part of Voldemort’s separated souls.”

Molly quieted her tears as Ron tried to calm her. “Mum, please, we know it’s hard, but we don’t have time…”

“She’s my baby girl! Harry, you won’t let anything happen to her?” she pleaded with him. Harry felt like all the air had escaped his body. He stared into Molly’s eyes, and saw the same pain that was within him.

Harry nodded, “I would never forgive myself if anything happened to her, Mrs. Weasley.” It was as he said that the thought fleeted across his mind. Then he heard Ginny’s last words to him, ‘I love you. Please forgive me.’ It was like a snitch, flying around, just out of his grasp. He could see the answer, he could reach for it…but he couldn’t quite put his hand around it.

“Harry?” Hermione saw his eyes darting on the ground, as if he was looking for something. He held up his hand forcefully, it was enough to stop Mrs. Weasley’s tears all together. Silence. Everyone watched Harry with baited breath.

“Why are they called Unforgivable curses?” he whispered finally.

“What?” Ron breathed.

Hermione spoke up, “Because they are evil spells…and casting them on someone is unforgivable.”

“By whom?” Harry asked, excitement somehow crossing his eyes.

“By…by whom?” Hermione repeated the question, confused.

Ron shrugged, “I won’t be forgiving that Death Eater who hit me with Crucio anytime soon…”

“Exactly!” Harry shouted. “The person being hit by the curse…they won’t forgive the caster because who would forgive someone for torturing or killing them?”

“Harry…what are you getting at?” Hermione asked.

“What if one of the Unforgivable’s was used for good…not evil? It probably has never been done…right?” he asked Hermione.

She shook her head, “I…I guess not. From everything I’ve read…the caster has always been sent to Azkaban…they’ve always been bad wizards or witches…”

“What if…if the person hit with the curse was able to forgive the caster?” Harry trailed off.

Ron shook his head, “Are you trying to say, that if you killed Ginny because it was the right thing to do…and she was able to forgive you for it…she wouldn’t die?”

Harry nodded, and Hermione joined in shaking her head. “Harry…that…that is a stretch.”

“No! No, it’s not! Think about it!” he walked towards them, suddenly believing he had found the answer. He knew he had. “Okay…so I ‘kill’ Ginny. But, but I’m doing it because I love her, because I want her to live. Have any of the Unforgivable’s ever been cast with love at the basis?” No one answered, they weren’t supposed to. He continued, “And Ginny wants this to happen. She is sacrificing herself, willingly…so she will be able to forgive me for killing her. But…but the part of Voldemort’s soul, it won’t forgive me…it wants to live…”

Ron narrowed his eyes and began to nod his head. Hermione saw this and spoke up, “You think that by casting a ‘loving’ killing curse, Ginny’s soul will forgive you and Voldemort’s will not and therefore Voldemort’s soul will be destroyed and Ginny’s won’t?”

Harry thought for a moment, “Yeah…that about covers it.”

“It’s too risky. To do this on a hunch…” Hermione said.

“Listen,” Harry said angrily. “We don’t have time. In less than an hour, Voldemort is going to destroy Ginny. All parts of her, including his own soul, because he knows he is more powerful than me. He knows that one on one, he’ll beat me.”

Molly shook her head, “No, Harry…you can…”

“Not if Ginny is dead. You two said it yourself,” Harry turned to them. “I can’t do wandless nonverbal magic unless she is around. My only chance to beat Voldemort is with that power…and I only have that power if Ginny is around…and if Voldemort kills Ginny…”

Hermione nodded in understanding. Ron shifted his weight uncertainly. Molly’s eyes brimmed with tears. It was Arthur that rushed forward. “We have word from Hogwarts, Death Eaters have all the students held hostage in the Great Hall…including Ginny. They are saying there is an hourglass…its half empty…but no one knows what it is counting down to.”

“This is it. This is it.” Harry said.

“Harry. We have fighters. They’re all out front…what do you want us to do?”

“Hermione, do you have those DA coins?” When she nodded, Harry continued, “Give one to Arthur. We’re going to Hogwarts. Our troops will wait outside. Ron, Hermione and I will go in. Voldemort won’t attack us, he’ll want to fight me one on one. When Hermione sends you the signal through the coin…that is when we need reinforcements.”

Arthur nodded. “If that is what you think we should do, Harry. But…but don’t you think just walking in…just the three of you?”

Harry nodded. “It is better that we walk in as a non-threat. Come on, we have to go.”
The battle by wilbur
Ginny’s breath came in short gasps as the torturing curse was lifted for the fourth time in the quarter hour. “That is for the brunette whispering to her friend in the back there!” Wormtail shouted. Ginny clawed at the stone floor, the only thing worse than the pain the curse caused, was being relieved of it, and still have the stinging shots of pain ring out at the slightest movement.

That had been the fourth time she was tortured because a Hogwarts student had failed to follow the orders of Death Eaters. She looked up and around the Great Hall. She, along with Wormtail and Voldemort, were on the platform usually reserved for the teacher’s dining table. Students sat along the two sides of the hall, packed as close to the walls as possible, as Death Eaters walked up and down the length of the hall, wands raised.

All the students and Professor’s had been disarmed and were told to wait patiently and quietly for their hero Harry Potter to come to his death. It hadn’t happened the way she thought it would. She hadn’t expected Voldemort to so willingly dispose of her. But, he said it himself, he would still be as powerful as ever.

Her eyelids grew heavy, and despite any attempt to keep them open, they closed. She felt herself flatten closer to the floor. She heard gasps and shouts, she attempted to open her eyes, but everything was fuzzy and moving in and out of focus. She saw three figures walking towards the front…it had to be them.

She felt long, cold fingers grasp her arm and force her to stand. She stumbled to her feet but swayed horribly, falling more than once despite the firm grasp Voldemort had on her. What resulted was her dangling weakly from his hold. “Welcome Potter…I’m glad you were able to make it to Ginny’s departing party!” His voice rang through the now completely silent room. “Let’s make sure your sidekicks don’t spoil our fun…”

Two Death Eaters leapt out from the crowd towards Ron and Hermione, they both backed away quickly. “It’s alright,” Harry said. “Do what he wants…” Ron and Hermione reluctantly dropped their wands on the floor. They were aggressively shoved to the sides, joining the students.

“I’m glad to see you realize you’re quite out numbered…” Voldemort sneered.

“This is between you and me Tom. Let everyone go…let Ginny go…” Harry said, and his voice carried much more than he ever thought was possible in this situation.

Voldemort laughed, more than one person cringed. “Let everyone go?! But, they want to stay. We need witnesses for this epic final battle everyone is waiting for. People need to see, all these years, you’ve been praised for your luck and assistance from greater wizards! I’m going to destroy you, in front of all your friends, to prove any doubts of my greatness! And I most certainly will not let this one go…I’m going to kill her first,” He let go of Ginny’s arm, and without his support, she fell to the ground in a heap.

Harry took a step forward out of instinct. “Hold it Potter! Another step and she’s done.”

“Listen. You don’t want to kill her…” Harry spoke without thinking. He had to create time. Ginny had to look at him.

“Why not?” Voldemort asked.

Look at me. Harry thought. Look at me, Ginny. “Because I will kill you if you kill her. But I can’t if you don’t.”

Ginny’s head suddenly snapped up, and she locked eyes with Harry before speaking, “Harry, you know what you have to do!” her voice was strained and barely able to carry to where he stood.

Voldemort sneered. “She wants to die, Potter! She thinks you’ll be able to defeat me once she’s dead!” he laughed.

“She’s right. Not only will you have destroyed your last link to life…but you’ll have ignited the power I hold…the power the prophecy mentions. You remember the prophecy right?” Harry mocked, twirling his wand in his hand. Voldemort noticed. “Maybe you should think twice before chancing your last hope to conquer death. You kill Ginny, and you risk me beating you again…”

“YOU NEVER BEAT ME!” Voldemort’s scream echoed through the hall, many people cowered, some gasped, Hermione grabbed Ron’s arm. Harry held his ground.

Harry shrugged, “Not yet. But, believe me. You kill her…and I will.”

Voldemort glared, “Fine. I’ll kill you first. Then her,” he stepped forward.

Ginny clawed herself to her feet. “No!” she yelled.

Voldemort laughed as she gained the strength to run to Harry. “Yes…go say goodbye…”

She fell into Harry’s arms, “Harry, fighting him now will be worthless…not as long as I’m alive…you know it!” she cried into his shoulder.

“I’m growing impatient Potter…I want to duel you…I want to kill you!”

“Gin,” Harry whispered, staring at Voldemort, pacing at the front of the hall. “Gin…I love you. You know that right? That I love you more than anything.” She nodded, her head buried in the crook of his neck. Her hand had found a tuft of hair at the back of his head, and she ran her fingers through it, holding on to it softly.

“I love you too.” She whispered. The two held each other, listening as students and professors were unable to hold back sobs.

Harry nodded, swallowing hard. “You know I’ll never forgive myself for this…right?”

Ginny gasped, pulling herself away from him slightly, but still close enough that he could support the weight she couldn’t hold up herself. Their eyes locked, and she was shocked to see the change in his eyes. He was no longer unwilling to follow her plan. “You’ve finally understood this is the only way.” she whispered.

He didn’t answer, but instead, pulled her close, kissing the top of her forehead. “I love you. And I’m so…so, sorry…”

“It’s okay. Harry…its okay…” she answered. Harry let her go and took several steps backwards. She swayed on the spot, and fell to the ground without his support. After breaking her fall with her arms, she turned into a sitting position, facing Harry. “Do it!”

Harry raised his wand toward her. He heard an intake of breath from the crowd, he heard Hermione whisper “oh my god.” He saw Voldemort look from Harry to Ginny and back to him, and as Voldemort began walking forward, raising his own wand, Harry took a deep breath.

He locked eyes with Ginny again, and with any ounce of love he had within him, he said, “Avada Kedavra!” There was a blinding green light, there were screams, and the room felt like it had started fire.

Harry stared at the now limp form of Ginny. He rushed forward, she wasn’t moving. “Ginny?” he shook her gently, turning her over. She didn’t respond.

He heard Voldemort above him. “Well, I must say I didn’t think you had it in you…” Harry leapt from the ground, backing away from Voldemort quickly. Soon they were circling each other. “You have nothing left.”

“Neither do you,” Harry answered.

“Wrong! I have magical power you will never have!” Voldemort shouted. “Expelliarmus!” He was too fast for Harry, who was still rattled by Ginny’s lifeless body. As Harry’s wand slipped through his fingers and flew towards Voldemort, Voldemort’s wand whipped through the air, and an orange beam raced towards Harry.

He held his arms up, trying to block whatever spell was about to hit him, but his eyes flew to Ginny…he had killed her. The beam hit him, and he flew backwards, hitting the ground hard. Voldemort laughed. “Crucio!” Harry writhed in pain. When he came to, it was to see Voldemort, standing across the hall.

Harry rolled over, gasping for air. He couldn’t do it. He had killed Ginny. He wanted to be sick even thinking about it. She was gone. He couldn’t do wandless magic, not when he was so emotionally drained. It was hopeless. He was going to be murdered in front of the entire school, in front of Ron and Hermione. And the worst part, he wasn’t that sorry about it. At least soon he’d be with Ginny…


It was painless. In fact, whatever had just happened, it felt good. She was warm, there wasn’t a stinging pain running through her bones anymore, and everything was clean and clear. She looked around. Where had she just been? Where was she now? She couldn’t remember anything, only that she wasn’t where she was supposed to be. Everything in her world had turned white, and not just any white. It was a radiating white, a bright white, but without being blinding. It was hard to distinguish objects, but she thought she saw four long tables…and in the front of the room, another. She narrowed her eyes as she realized it: she was in the Great Hall of Hogwarts.

She jumped at the sound of a male voice. When she turned, it was to see the young Tom Riddle, looking like he had down in the Chamber. He wasn’t dressed in school robes however, but instead in robes of the same bright white color as everything around her. His eyes were wild with anger and he charged her.

For some reason, she had no fear. She knew he couldn’t harm her in this place. She looked down and away from him, and saw that she was also wearing long flowing robes. “Where are we?” she asked, as he slowed when he came close to her.

“Silly, stupid, girl!” he breathed. “You have no idea do you?”

“No,” Ginny answered simply, “That would be why I asked.”

“We are between two worlds. Awaiting placement,” Tom said, taking a seat on a bench. Ginny looked around. Was she dead? She shook her head, trying to remember. “Your lover killed you.”

Ginny snapped her head towards Tom, “What? Harry? He would never…”

“Oh, my dear…but he did…” he laughed. “You are between the real world,” he waved his hands around, “The real Great Hall, where he killed you,” he added, “and the Great Beyond.” He said in a mockingly mystical voice.

Ginny took several steps back. Harry wouldn’t kill her. Why would she even think about believing Tom Riddle? “It’s not true…” she whispered.

“Good Evening,” a voice rang through the hall. An old wizard moved forward, wearing crisp grey robes. His hair was wiry, and looked as if it hadn’t been combed in a thousand years. “It’s not very often we have two souls waiting in the same place at the same time! You must have been killed near exactly the same time!”

Ginny stared, amazed, at the man as he pulled out a clipboard. Tom Riddle, pulled himself off the bench. “I am dead?” she said, more to herself than anyone else.

The old man hadn’t heard her. “Let’s see…two souls in one…that doesn’t make any sense…” he continued to read the paper, following along with his finger, “There must be an expla”a…a Horcrux!” His head snapped up. “Inside a living person!? Well…one of you is a very evil person indeed!”

Tom laughed, Ginny moved forward, “Please, sir. What is happening? Am I really dead?”

“I’m guessing you are the poor soul that this one latched onto?” he pointed aggressively at Tom. Ginny nodded. “Well, that is unfortunate. But, we don’t have much time. There is an order to these things, and although I’m not used to dealing with two at once…it looks like I must.” He cleared his throat. “Now, on this night, in the Great Hall of Hogwarts, one Harry James Potter cast the Unforgivable Curse Avada Kedavra on the souls of Tom Morvollo Riddle and Ginerva Molly Weasley.”

Ginny shook her head. Why would he kill her? Why?

“We’ll start with you,” the man addressed Riddle, “You are stuck between these two worlds because you were ripped from it by an evil act, an unforgivable one. Can you find it in your heart, to forgive the young boy who did it?”

Riddle’s eyes narrowed. “Yes. I forgive him.” He sneered. Ginny watched as the old man made a check on his parchment. Suddenly, the Great Hall doors flung open, and a wind burst through the hall. Ginny’s hair flew all around her as the wind howled. You could barely see it, but as it enveloped Tom, it darkened. He screamed in fright, and soon the wind became so dark, she could no longer see Tom. Then, as quickly as it came, the wind died. When she opened her eyes, he was gone.

“He has been taken to the afterlife. Which side of it, I can only guess. We can tell when the victim’s of death do not tell the truth. Only few, mostly the evil ones, try to ‘trick the system’ if you will. He most likely assumed that if he forgave the young boy, his soul would stay intact in the real world.”

Ginny shook her head. This was happening. Harry had killed her…and soon she was going to be asked if she forgave him. How could she if she didn’t understand the circumstances. The old man had been shocked Tom and her were there at once. Why? He seemed offended about something called a Horcrux. What was it?

The old man spoke to her. She could only half listen as her mind reeled. “Young lady, I must ask. You are stuck between these two worlds because you were ripped from it by an evil act,” Ginny shook her head. She could remember very little, but one thing was clear, and that was Harry. Harry was not evil. He loved her. He would never kill her for an evil purpose. “An unforgivable one,” the man continued. “Can you find it in your heart, to forgive the young boy who did it?”

Ginny looked at the old man. She may not believe that Harry had performed such an act, but if he had, it wasn’t meant to be evil…and he must have had some reason…a noble one. Only such extraordinary circumstances could lead him to do such a thing. She loved him…and he loved her. However much it hurt her that she had been separated…she couldn’t be angry with him. “No.” She said clearly.

“Pardon?” the old man stammered, quickly staring at his parchment.

“I…I don’t forgive him.” She said. “How could I forgive someone for killing me?”

“That…that is your truthful answer?” the old man wheezed, looking wildly at his clipboard.

Ginny nodded. “I may not understand what happened…the circumstances…but I know he had a reason to kill me. I know it. And if Harry thought it necessary enough that I should not be alive…living in his world with him…then, then as much as it hurts, as much as I want to be with him…I must believe he made the right choice. So…so, you see, if forgiving him means I go back…I can’t. He had a reason to perform such an evil act, he had a reason to kill me. I can’t go back. I don’t forgive him.” Ginny said bravely.

The old man stared at her in amazement. “Never, never in all my years. And you’re so young.”

Ginny suddenly became aware that her bones had started to sting. Her heart, she realized, clenched within her chest…until that point, it hadn’t moved once. She seemed to be struggling to breathe. Her lungs constricted for what felt like the first time. She wanted to cry out. She had thought death was supposed to be painless. She looked wildly around. The old man in grey was disappearing…and the Great Hall was losing its brightness. Muted, swirls of color were forming around the objects barely visible before.


Harry opened his eyes to look at her again. He’d be with her soon. When his eyes rested on her, he saw the slightest of movements under the pile of robes. Her hand was moving. He saw her chest rising…she was breathing.

“I’m going to kill you now, Harry Potter.” Voldemort said loudly. Harry heard students yelling. He heard Ron and Hermione shouting for him to fight. He stood, his eyes still locked on the ever so slightly moving body of Ginny. Was he imagining it?

Voldemort had his back to her, so he didn’t see when she sat straight up, and looked straight at Harry. “Prepare to meet death.” Voldemort raised his wand.

Harry hardly noticed. He was staring only at Ginny, his heart had erupted completely out of his chest. She was alive. “Avada…” Harry turned to see Voldemort’s wand cutting through the air. “Kedavra!”

The green light raced towards him, and this time, when he raised his arms, he knew he’d be able to block it. He knew because he had never felt so powerful, so hopeful, he’d never felt so much love, so much energy within him. A silver web appeared around him, the green beam bounced easily off and turned back the way it came.

Voldemort’s eyes widened in shock as the curse hit him square in the chest, sending him flying backwards. When he hit the stone floor, he didn’t move.

The room was silent, everyone stared at the body of Voldemort, everyone but Harry and Ginny, who could only look at each other. Harry moved forward slowly, then knelt beside her. “You killed me?” she said with a smirk.

He shook his head, clearly not able to joke. “I thought I lost you there,” he said.

“You almost did…” she said quietly. He nodded, then leaned forward to kiss her. He pulled away when he heard curses being cast. He looked over his shoulder and watched a sea of wizards, led by Lupin, storm into the hall, disarming and dueling with the Death Eaters, all standing stunned at the fall of their Dark Lord.

“Come on,” Harry said, pulling Ginny up with him. “Let’s go.” He waved Ron and Hermione over to him. Hermione rushed forward, throwing herself around him. Ron took over supporting Ginny, as Harry had been mauled over by Hermione.

“Harry!” Lupin rushed forward. “Harry…what’s happened…is that…is that…” his eyes fell on the black robes of Voldemort.

Harry nodded. “Yeah, that would be Voldemort. He should be dead. But I’d go double check. Might want to get some Auror’s here…get all these Death Eaters to Azkaban. We’re going to get out of here.” Harry took Ginny’s hand. Lupin nodded, moving slowly towards Voldemort.

As they walked the length of the Great Hall, students whispered in awe. “He killed him”…”He killed her!”…”She came back from the dead!”

“Think of the headlines tomorrow…” Ron said.

“Harry,” Ginny tugged on his robes. Harry squeezed back and looked down at her. “It’s over…that was the end.”

He shook his head. “No…it’s just beginning. My life, I can finally start it. And there is no one I would rather have walking by my side through it than you.”

Ginny beamed up at him and together, Ron and Hermione in their wake, left the Great Hall and the buzz of the downfall of the Dark Lord by the wonderful Harry Potter behind.
End Notes:
THAT'S IT! THE END OF MY STORY! ALL DONE!!

Please review. Depending on how many people read this and comment, I'll decide if I want to continue with this storyline or put up one of my other stories on MugglenetFanFiction!
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=76396