Fondly Remembering by FlightofthePhoenix
Summary: Today marks a special day. It was on this day that Teddy Remus Lupin and Victoire Isabella Weasley first went out. A few memories of Teddy’s time at Hogwarts whisk him in to the past throughout the day. He feels that tonight is the perfect night to take his relationship to the next level with Victoire.




The third installment in The Teddy Lupin Files
Categories: Other Pairing Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 3359 Read: 2064 Published: 01/29/08 Updated: 01/30/08

1. My Heart is Yours by FlightofthePhoenix

My Heart is Yours by FlightofthePhoenix
*Huggles* Thank you Fresca dearie for your beta skills

My Heart is Yours

Teddy Remus Lupin turned the taps and water burst from the shower head. He stripped off and stepped into the shower, pulling the curtain closed after him. He had barely been in there for a few minutes when his girlfriend, Victoire Weasley, barged into the bathroom; she was still in her pajamas and her hair was a mess.

“Teddy Remus Lupin!” she said loudly, over the sound of the water running and he cringed. “I’m going to be late and I need a shower before I get dressed.”

He smirked mischievously as a thought came to mind, and he said cheekily, “Well, hop in then,”

She stopped in the middle of telling him off, a smile sliding onto her freckled face. Without a second thought, she pulled her clothes off and stepped into the shower and Teddy’s awaiting arms. Giggling, she held him close and he planted a kiss on her forehead and said, “I love you.”

“Do you remember what day it is, Victoire?” Teddy asked suddenly to a confused Victoire.

A moment’s pause left Victoire to run dates through her mind. She blushed embarrassed and said, “You know I’m forgetful Teddy!”

Teddy grinned widely and tipped his head back for the water to splash across his face. He looked her in the eyes again and said, “Today was the day we first went on a date.”



Valentines Day: a day for couples to share together in the confines of the quiet library, behind the shelves, in the warm comfort of the Three Broomsticks, snogging underneath tables.

Teddy had spent the last few days practicing the words in his head. The words he hoped to say to his secret crush Victoire Weasley. Alas, the day had arrived and he hadn’t asked her yet. For all he knew, she could be going with someone already. If only he weren’t so shy when it came to girls. In class, he had his hand up for all the questions and he was a big hit with the guys with his jokes, but with girls, he’d just start rambling nonsense.

He’d seen Victoire a lot during the summers and holidays at the Weasley Burrow that his Godfather Harry took him to. Harry always said that he was as much a Weasley as Harry had been when he was younger. He had first seen her when he was playing with the other kids outside. She had been dressed in a wooly jumper Grandma Weasley had knitted with the letter V stitched on it and long pants that met the snow covered ground. Her hair had been pulled up into an elegant bun with little wisps falling artistically down on either side of her face.

Oh no. She was coming towards him. Teddy busied himself with his bacon and eggs before him. Victoire took a deep breath and approached the Ravenclaw table with one thought on her mind.

“Ted-”

“Hey Victoire, wanna go with me to Hogsmeade later this afternoon?”

Victoire looked up with surprise, as did Teddy. A Slytherin boy named Randy Millan stood before them, a crowd of boys behind him. He had an arrogant look to him, a confidence in his expression. Victoire’s eyes flickered to Teddy who had resumed eating his breakfast, although very slowly now and half heartedly.

She sighed and said, rolling her eyes mentally, “Fine, Randy.”

Randy’s friends cheered behind him and slapped him on the back. Randy grinned widely. He was acting as though he had won some prize like a stuffed toy. He walked passed her, his hand brushing against her butt. She jumped and he looked her up and down and said, rather pleased with himself, “See you later, Victoire.”

***
“Stop it Randy!”

Teddy stopped in his tracks. He had decided to go to Hogsmeade to simply buy sweets to try and satisfy his emptiness when the sound of Victoire’s voice met his ears.

“I said stop it!”

“Come on Vicky!” Randy’s voice said. “Just one little kiss on the lips.”

Teddy poked his head around the corner of the building to see Randy holding Victoire rather tightly, his face close to hers.

“Get off me, you sleazebag!” Victoire said shrilly, struggling in his grip. “Let go of me!”

Teddy grinded his teeth and rounded the corner, scrunching his hands into fists. Victoire stopped, eyes frozen on Teddy. Randy stopped also and followed Victoire’s gaze.

“Get lost, Lupin, this is none of your business.” Randy said roughly, resuming his struggle to kiss Victoire.

He stopped again when he felt Teddy’s hand on his shoulder. Randy turned just in time to see Teddy raising his fist before everything went black. He collapsed on the ground, letting go of Victoire, who staggered backward.

Teddy caught her before she fell onto the ground. She grinned weakly at Teddy and he helped her stay steady before letting go. Randy was unconscious on the ground, blood staining the white snow, dripping from his bloody nose.

“Victoire, before someone else beats me to it,” Teddy said, the words blurting from his mouth. “Will you go out with me?”

Victoire grinned and laughed at Teddy. His face grew hot. He knew what she was laughing at. When he was embarrassed, his hair turned pink. He smiled at her and she nodded, stifling her laughter.

“I’d love to, Teddy Lupin,” she said, as they linked hands and left Randy lying in the snow. He was bound to be found sooner or later.


Victoire gasped as the words sunk in. She looked apologetically at Teddy, who was pretending to be upset. She blushed a light pink and he grinned. She kissed him on the nose and said, “Happy Anniversary then, Teddy.”




Once Victoire left for work after their steamy little encounter in the shower, Teddy set to work. First, he started in the kitchen, pulling out cooking books from the overhead cupboard. Although it would be easier to ask someone like Gran to cook all this delicious food, he wanted this event to be a surprise for everyone. And, he wasn’t exactly a bad cook; so what if he had burnt a few things here or there?

He flicked through the book until he found the recipe he previously chose, Tantalizing Toadspotted Chicken. It had originally been a French dish but with a touch of wizard ingredients as well. He had found it in his Gran’s cookbooks at her house. He placed the open book on the bench and opened the fridge next. At the back of the fridge were all his ingredients he needed for the dish: chicken breasts, Swiss cheese, ham and a few other ingredients he had picked up the day before. He set the chicken breasts on the chopping board and began to follow the instructions in the cookbook.

***

He had nearly finished cooking the main dish. He poured the blended cornstarch and cream over the hot chicken and gave the food a satisfied smile. He put the chicken dish at the back of the fridge, out of sight of Victoire’s eyes.

Once he had finished making the dinner, he didn’t have to think hard about what he wanted to make for dessert. The first thing that came to mind was the French dessert, crème brulee. That dessert brought back a funny memory of a date Teddy took Victoire on a few years ago. It had been during the holiday break of his seventh year.

Water trickled softly down the river in the distance and Teddy listened in the silence. A light breeze blew Teddy’s hair back and it turned a dark brown colour. His eyes were fixed upon the trail that led into the forest clearing, waiting. Finally…The sound of a twig breaking and the rustling of bushes alerted Teddy to her presence.

“Teddy Remus Lupin!” her irritated voice rang out and he smiled, amused. “You better have a darn good reason for sending me on a wild goose chase in the forest other than for you own amusement”

Victoire Weasley broke at the sight of Teddy and his surroundings. She put a hand to her mouth and gasped, “Oh Teddy!”

Teddy was seated on a checked rug, surrounded by steaming plates of food. And in his hand was a bunch of wild flowers that he had obviously gathered from the forest they were in. She moved forward slowly, her eyes never leaving his. She opened her mouth to say something, but before any sound came out, she tripped on a root sticking out of the ground. She shrieked as she fell headfirst into a plateful of crème brûlée he had prepared.

Teddy instantly burst out in uncontrollable laughter while Victoire wiped cream from her eyes in shock. One look at Teddy and she turned bright red and exploded, “You think this is funny, Teddy Lupin?”

When he nodded, still laughing, Victoire grabbed the plate of ruined brûlée and shoved it into Teddy’s face. She burst into laughter and Teddy couldn’t help but laugh as well. They sat there for ages, just laughing and taking cream off each others faces and licking their fingers.


While this particular memory flashed its way through his mind, he baked the crème brûlée. He heard the door open and close and panic filled him. Why was Victoire home already? He had only just begun to cast an invisibility charm on everything when his Gran entered the room.

Teddy could have collapsed with relief: so his Gran would find out, but at least it wasn’t Victoire. His Gran stopped suddenly, her eyes glancing over everything curiously, before finding Teddy’s now blue eyes.

“What would you be doing, Teddy, dear?’ she asked, a smile pulling at her lips. “Something so special that it causes you to cook? Teddy dear, you never really cook.”

Teddy collapsed in a chair, exhausted from his work and Andromeda took a seat opposite to him. He thought for a second before blurting out, “I’m going to ask Victoire to marry me.”

Andromeda’s eyes lit up with joy and she gave a shout, jumping from her chair to capture Teddy in a hug. Teddy let out a laugh at her reaction and they embraced for a few moments before Andromeda stepped back to gaze happily into his eyes.

“I am so happy for you!” she said, swelling up with pride. “Your parents would be happy too.”

Teddy opened his mouth and said quietly, “I know.”




Andromeda spent the rest of her afternoon helping Teddy with the preparations for that evening with the cooking and decorations. Teddy let her accompany him to where he was planning for the event to happen and she gasped at the beauty of it and kissed Teddy furiously again and again on the face, leaving lipstick marks.

But, nearing the time of Victoire finishing work, Teddy ushered his grandmother out of the house. He accepted one last good luck kiss from her before she disappeared on the spot with a wave. Teddy cleaned the house spotless, leaving no trace of the food he and Gran had cooked that day and set everything up on the dinning table. When everything was set, he nodded and Disapparated, leaving everything still and silent in the house.

***

Victoire stepped over the threshold, placing her keys on the hook beside the door. She looked around curiously at the quietness. She tucked her hair behind her ears and called out loudly, “Teddy, are you here?”

When no-one answered, she made her way into the dinning room where she spotted a scrap of parchment with writing scrawled on it. Beside it was an ordinary wine glass. She curiously read the note, recognizing Teddy’s handwriting.

Dearest Victoire,

After you finishing this note, the Portkey beside it will activate. Take hold of it and it will bring you to me. Can hardly wait for your arrival!

Love,
Your Teddy Bear


Victoire giggled at the signed name, but did as the note told her, and took a hold of the wine glass which was now glowing a faint blue. She felt a pull around her navel and was sucked away from the dinning room.

She landed gently in the middle of long, blowing grass. The smell of salty sea water met her nose and Victoire twirled around on the spot to get a look at her surroundings. She was standing on a large patch of grass, as high as her ankles. The sound of waves crashing against the rocks could be heard from over the edge cliff she standing on.

A single table had been set up, just short of the edge with a plain while, silk cloth. Clean plates and cutlery were already placed neatly in their proper places. But there was only one wine glass, filled to the brim on the table.

“Drink, milady?” asked a smooth voice from behind her. “You must be parched from your trip.”

Victoire swung around, nearly tripping over her long, black skirt. Teddy stood there, a Champaign bottle opened in her hand. His hair was a light brown colour and his eyes a nice shade of blue and green. He had a pair of black jeans on and a plain while shirt, the top button undone. He took the now ordinary wine glass from her numb hands and filled it. Teddy pressed it back into her hands, waiting for her to speak.

She didn’t take a sip, but glanced around again. The scenery was gorgeous and Teddy…Teddy had done all this just for them.

“Oh, Teddy!” she said, breathlessly. She took a large gulp of wine and he laughed. “Teddy, I love this, and you, so very much!”

He simply smiled and embraced her, careful not to spill the wine. She brought her lips to kiss and they kissed. It was like the first time, still the same feeling, still the same fireworks. Teddy stepped back, the taste of her still on his lips.

“Come on, Victoire,” he said, pulling her towards the table. She thought they were going to take their seats and have the food she smelt, but instead, Teddy pulled a broomstick from behind the table and sat on it. Victoire’s eyes lit up in excitement and she too, sat on the broom. They took off into the air, the wind blowing Victoire’s hair back, but she didn’t care. The view was incredible. They flew slowly over the water, leaving the cliff behind them in a gust of wind.

Teddy flew lower and lower, towards the water. The spray of the icy water hit Victoire in the face and she let out a laugh, but it was lost in the wind. They flew higher now, higher into the air, towards the endless heavens.

Now they were heading back towards the cliff edge; Victoire could see the long grass still blowing. But something else was there. More than just one more person. Three nymphs stood a short way away from the table. Teddy landed the broom softly and caught Victoire’s amazed expression as he placed it on the ground. There was a flash of coloured light and a small giggle as a fairy whizzed past. Victoire could now see more fairies, darting around them, hiding in the bushes.

The nymphs opened their mouth and sweet sound began to pour out. It was captivating. She stood, silent, listening to the music they sang. Only when Teddy tapped her on the shoulder did she turn away from them.

Teddy pulled her chair out for her and she smiled sweetly, taking her seat. He also took his seat, and took the lid of the steaming chicken dish. Victoire sighed and breathed in the delicious smell of it.

He dished out the chicken he had cooked and the salad that his Gran had prepared and Victoire said softly, “Teddy, this is beautiful.”

She brought her hand to her mouth and blew him a kiss. He caught what was thin hair and placed it against his cheek; she smiled lightly. They began to eat, the flavor bursting in their mouths.

“And now for dessert,” Teddy said, lifting the lid off the crème brûlée and Victoire squealed in delight. She looked cheekily at the brûlée and then Teddy’s face. Before he could question her thoughts, they were quite obvious. She dipped her finger in and lunged for Teddy’s face, her finger outstretched.

***

Once they had finished eating and Teddy wiped Victoire’s mouth free of food, Teddy pulled her to her feet. He nodded to the nymphs and they began singing a different song, their voices still sweet and pure. The song sounded familiar to her. She listened briefly before turning back to Teddy, her mouth opened slightly.

“We danced to this at the Yule Ball at Hogwarts,” she said, amazed. “You remembered!’

The sweet melody played and couples stood happily, embraced and danced in time to the music. Victoire sat by herself at the furthest seat from the dance floor. She was having a miserable time. An idiotic boy had trod on her feet on purpose and by accident, a girl had split her drink on Victoire’s dress. She was not impressed with the night so far.

“Can I have this dance?”

Victoire turned her head to see Teddy Lupin standing nervously behind her. He was dressed in newly bought dress robes. He looked quite adorable with his hair combed back and his small smile. She got to her feet slowly and biting her lip, they took to the dance floor. He twirled her around and she laughed, everything seemed to disappear and it was just her and Teddy, dancing alone, laughing…twirling…spinning to the music.


Teddy cleared his throat and momentarily looked nervous before saying slowly, “Peux-j'avoir cette danse?”

Victoire let out a gasp at the French that poured form Teddy’s mouth and he grinned at her. He held out her hand and she took it, saying, “I would love to dance.”

He brought her closer to him as they swayed gently on the spot; Victoire rested her head on his shoulder. Fairies twirled around them, dancing to the music as well, shinning radiantly in bright colours.

He twirled her, holding only onto one hand. She laughed, the same laugh from years ago; the same feeling of spinning and twirling. It was only her and Teddy again. The cliff was gone, the nymphs and fairies merely sounds a long way away. And they danced. Twirled. Spun. Laughed. Together.

They danced for ages, lost in their own little world. As Teddy spun around and faced the horizon, he could see the orange glow of the sun fading in the distance. It was the perfect moment. Teddy stopped Victoire and, taking her hand, led her near the edge of the cliff. Victoire sighed and leaned against Teddy and whispered, “This night was perfect, Teddy.”

Teddy took the small box from his pocket and stepped back from Victoire, who was too mesmerized by the beautiful sunset before her to notice what he was doing.

“Not quite perfect yet, Victoire,” be said, breathing deeply to calm his nervous. This was the biggest step in life he had ever taken. “Will you marry me, Victoire Weasley?”

Victoire had only just turned to face Teddy to find him on one knee. Her mouth dropped open and she let out a squeak. Teddy just knelt before her, waiting, hoping. Victoire simply gaped for a few moments, excruciating moments for Teddy.

Finally, she blurted out, “Of course I will, Teddy!”

Teddy, relived immensely, jumped to his feet and Victoire held out her hand. Teddy, grinning widely, placed the engagement ring on the correct finger and they embraced tightly. Victoire brought her lips to his ear and whispered softly. “My heart is yours, Teddy Lupin.”

The third installment in The Teddy Lupin Files
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=77004