Heaven's Hero by MJ_Padfoot
Summary: Old memories in a shoe box, smiles and jokes never to be heard again. Fred Weasley left a place in all of our hearts. Molly and Arthur realize that Heaven needed a hero. A hero like Fred.
Categories: Dark/Angsty Fics Characters: None
Warnings: Character Death
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1021 Read: 2315 Published: 07/14/08 Updated: 07/14/08
Story Notes:
In loving memory of Kristy F.
May 2, 1991 to Decemeber 2, 2007

I guess that Heaven was needing a hero like you.
I miss you.

1. One-Shot by MJ_Padfoot

One-Shot by MJ_Padfoot
Author's Notes:
Inspired by Jo Dee Messina's 'Heaven was Needing a Hero'.
Thank you mudbloodproud for beta'ing this!! =)
Heaven's Hero

MJ_Padfoot

~*~



A dusty old shoe box stuffed full of memories lay under a bed. A teddy bear sat on a chair. Pictures were on a mirror of his friends. Among all this, a grief stricken mother sat on her son's bed rocking back and forth.

He couldn't be gone. He just couldn't be. She just couldn't face it. He was still here. Fred was still alive. He had to be. It had happened all so fast. Percy had quietly shown them where Fred was hidden. Bill carried him into the Great Hall and gently placed him on the floor as Molly watched unbelieving.

She just couldn't face it. Slowly tears fell from Molly's face. She couldn't hold it in anymore. Fred was gone and that was that. Molly lay down on Fred's bed and buried her face into his pillow. She let out a sob,”Fred..."

~*~


"Okay, Molly, meet your new baby son," the Healer said.

Molly looked at the little baby boy in the Healer's arm. She handed her baby to her and Molly's eyes filled up with tears. "Oh, Arthur, look at how beautiful he is. They both are just the cutest babies in St. Mungo's," Molly said.

Arthur smiled at his wife and looked down at the other baby in his arms. He was, once again, a father. This time to the two brand new babes that Molly had brought into the world. It was one of the happiest days of his life. The joy of becoming a father for these tiny babies was something that Arthur couldn't describe. "Molly, how will we tell them apart?"

Molly thought for a moment. "That's a good question."

Arthur looked down at his new baby son. "Well, we'll just have to hope that they know who they are."

"Most definitely." Molly was smiling; she looked at Arthur and said, "You know how we couldn't decide between the names Fred, George, and Ronald?" Arthur nodded. "Well, why don't we name our twins Fred and George?"

"Not Ronald?"

“No, it doesn’t seem to fit,” Molly replied.

"Then Fred and George Weasley it is."

"He'll be Fred," said Molly as she looked down at the baby boy she was holding closely in her arms.

"And this one...he will be called George," finished Arthur.


~*~


Her sweet son was gone. Molly couldn't believe that Fred wouldn't come home again. Her whole body was numb just thinking about it. He was just making a dumb joke a few days ago. He was just here. He was laughing, smiling, and living life as a young adult should. Fred’s perfect smile and his eyes full of laughter. Molly let out a soft sob. More tears streamed down her face.

Sitting up, a few minutes later, Molly wiped away her tears. Crying wasn't going to change the fact that Fred was gone. All she had left were his memories of Fred. That's all she had to hold onto.

Looking around Fred and George's room, Molly noticed a old teddy bear that was sitting on the desk chair. She got up and picked up the bear. It still looked good as new. Molly held it close to her chest when the memory Fred had turned it into a spider came into her mind…

~*~


"GIVE ME BACK MY BROOM, RON!" Fred yelled.

"No. I found it on the living room floor. Finders, keepers. Losers, weepers!" Ron stuck out his tongue.

Ron ran down the stairs to his mother and began crying. "They...tuuurrrneed.." he sniffed, "myyyy...tedddddyyy beeaaarr into a spppiiideeeeeer," wailed Ron.

"Its okay, Ron; we'll turn it back."

A few minutes went by and Molly continued comforting Ron.

"Fred and George get down here right now. Or so help me I will take your door off of your room and you won't see it until next Christmas!" she shouted up the stairs. It could be very hard to hear up the stairs if you didn't shout.

The next sound of movement was Fred and George scrambling down the stairs. "You called, Mum?" Fred had something behind his back.

Molly glared at her sons. "Yes, I did. You two turned Ron's teddy bear into a spider. Apologize to Ronald this instant."

"No. He broke my toy broomstick,” said Fred. He glanced at George with a 'you-better-back-me-up’ look.


"Ronald,” gasped Molly, “why did you do that?”

“I didn’t mean too,” he whined.

“Okay, it had better not happen again. Fred I’ll fix your broom. Now you boys run along and play nicely." The twins ran upstairs and Ron slowly followed. His lip was trembling.

Molly shook her head. She looked around for her wand to fix the teddy bear. Suddenly she realized that Fred and George stole her wand. "FRED, GEORGE! Where is my wand?" she said, yelling up the stairs.


~*~


"Molly?" It was Arthur's voice. She turned around and looked at her husband with tears in her eyes. Arthur rushed next to her and put his arms around her. He whispered softly in her ear, "It's okay, honey. It's okay."

Molly leaned against Arthur and cried. His grip tightened slightly and he held her while she cried.

After some time, she let go of Arthur and looked at him. The teddy bear was still in her hands. He gently wiped away his tears and then wiped away hers. "It's okay," he said softly. "I miss him too."

"Why did he have to die?” said Molly.

"I don't know, honey. I just don't know."

"He was so young, and...and...he had a good future with the joke shop..." her voice trailed off.

"I know."

Molly put the teddy bear back in its place. She took another look at Arthur and said, "I miss him so, so much."

"I do too, Molly. I do too. But we have to be strong for the kids. We'll see him again." All Molly could do was just nod in understanding. A few minutes went by with their eyes locked onto each other. Finally Arthur spoke once more in a whisper, "I guess Heaven needed a hero..."

"A hero like Fred," Molly whispered back.
End Notes:
"To the well organized mind, death is but the next great adventure." --Albus Dumbledore
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=80147