I could... by slytherins_queen2
Summary: Ron Weasley tries to propose. First attempt at romance, R/Hr.
Categories: Poetry Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 108 Read: 1554 Published: 07/30/08 Updated: 08/07/08

1. Chapter 1 by slytherins_queen2

Chapter 1 by slytherins_queen2
Author's Notes:
My first attempt at romance, thought it would be a nice change after my other depressing poems xP. Last night it occurred to me that I hadn't posted anything on this site for a very long time, and so I was determined to do just that. The poem isn't good, but then again it's not meant to be, Ron wrote it, Ron. If it was Hermione you would expect it to be more... Refined, more elegant, but as it is Ron, well.. he can get a way with such things. This is defiantly not my favorite poem, nor the best I've written, but it's different. Don't be to harsh, first attempt at romance.
“I could write beautiful words of poetry,
Written in pretty ink,
That would be written all by me,
But would utterly and completely stink.
I could tell you I love you,
But this you already know,
Because no matter what happens, what you do,
Love to you is what I’ll forever show.
I could write a song,
And think of lots of rhymes,
But the song would probably be too long,
And would take a lot of time.
I could do a lot of things,
But I think this will do just fine,
Here, let me get the ring-
Hermione, my dearest, will you forever be mine?”
End Notes:
I imagined writing this, once again in my insomniac state at around 3 o'clock, that Ron just kneeled down and sprouted this out of his mouth, trying to make it all jam together and failing quite miserably. I also envisioned him asking at the worse possible time, possibly after a day out with their nieces and nephews, so Hermione was all dirty, or after a day of which Hermione attempted to cook with out much success and was getting increasingly frustrated until Ron suddenly came in, went down on one knee and proposed. xDD I dunno where the proposal took place is up to you and your imagination. Please, please review, and give me constructive suggestions on how to better my writing. Thank you to those who read this, and those who have reviewed my other poems. And saying that, I conclude the longest Author Notes, ever, lol.
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=80498