Invisible by ginnyrulz13
Summary: Harry calls after her. "Cho!" But she doesn't stop. Good, that'll teach him to go on dates with Cho Chang. He throws a galleon on the table and runs after her. I sneeze. Everyone in the tearoom turns their eyes from the still tinkling door to me hiding under the table.
Ginny ditches Quidditch practice to spy on Harry's first (and only) date with Cho. Written from Ginny's POV
Song fic to "Invisible" by Taylor Swift First part in my "Little Ginny Weasley" series, but it can stand alone.
Categories: Harry/Ginny Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1259 Read: 4512 Published: 10/10/08 Updated: 10/14/08

1. Little Ginny Weasley by ginnyrulz13

Little Ginny Weasley by ginnyrulz13
Author's Notes:
This is my first fic so please tell me what you think! :) Oh, and these characters are JKR's and these lyrics are Taylor Swift's.
I don't get what he sees in her.

She can't see the way your eyes will light up when you when you smile

I mean, sure, she's a year older than him, more mature, sophisticated, so what? I could be all those if I want. Well...maybe if I tried really, really hard.

She never noticed how you stop and stare whenever she walks by

I'm just 'little Ginny Weasley', the girl who put her elbow in the butter dish and wrote a stupid poem in first year.

And you can't see me wanting you the way you want her
But you are everything to me


I bet she doesn't even know that his favorite color is red, or that his least favorite class is potions, or that he loves treacle tart and pumpkin juice.

And I just want to show you, she don't even know you
She never gonna love you like I want to


I watch sadly as they leave Hogwarts together. He's not holding her hand, but it's only a matter of time.

Suddenly getting an idea, I chuck my broom onto the ground and run after them, calling to my Quidditch team over my shoulder, "Gotta go! Be back later!" I smirk at their dumbfounded expressions, but they can get on without me.

"Potter and Chang!" The taunting from Parkinson makes me scowl in jealousy and I slow down pulling something white and silvery out of my pocket. That should be me and Harry walking to Hogsmeade together, talking about Quidditch, laughing.

And you just see right through me but if you only knew me
We could be a beautiful, miracle, unbelievable
Instead of just invisible


I follow them at a distance and, thankfully, no one looks at me funny for tailing my one-true-love on a date because I'm wearing Harry's invisibility cloak. Of course, he doesn't know that I know he has an invisibility cloak, but when you grow up with Fred and George, you learn to be more observant of things, especially things involving Harry Potter.

He also doesn't know that I've stolen this cloak more times than I can count. Cho wouldn't be able to steal his cloak, though. She doesn't even know the password to Gryffindor Tower. Even if she did know the password, I doubt that she would steal anything from him.

There's a fire inside of you that can't help but shine through
But she's never gonna see the light, no matter what you do


Cho suggests they get a coffee and leads them over to Madame Puddifoot's. I see Harry make a face when he sees where they're going and that makes me gloat. If I went on a date with Harry I wouldn't suggest we go to Madame Puddifoot's. Ugh, that place makes me sick. We would go to someplace normal, like the Three Broomsticks. Maybe we could double date with Ron and Hermione. That is, if they ever admit they're madly in love with each other. And, at the rate they're going, that's never going to happen.

And all I think about is how to make you think of me
And everything that we could be


Somehow, against my better judgment, I find myself still invisible and at an empty table with a great view of Harry and Cho. I can now watch them like a Hippogriff, or a Hawk, whichever you prefer.

O. k. They're just talking. Harry is reaching across the table...OH MY GOSH, HE'S TRYING TO HOLD HER HAND!

I can feel my blood boiling as I fume over in the corner. I crinkle my napkin so hard my knuckles turn white. I finger my wand, wondering if it is worth it to just give them both a bat bogey hex and leave. I raise my wand, about to perform the spell when I realize that Madame Puddifoot is leading a couple this way! She thinks my table is empty! Panicking, I dive under the table.

I can hear her talking to the couple and then I have company. I crinkle into as small a ball as I can in the limited space and pray that one of the legs won't kick me.

And I just want to show you, she don't even know you
She's never gonna love you like I want to


I peek my head out from underneath the tablecloth and what I see makes me almost want to squeal in glee. Cho is crying (nothing new about that) and Harry looks mighty uncomfortable. It looks like he's trying to comfort her, but it's not working. She's just getting more and more upset.

Tears are now splashing onto their table and she's saying something about Harry talking to Hermione, but not her. Then Harry laughs. My eyes widen. The idiot! You don't ever laugh when a girl is crying! You can try to make her laugh, but only if the situation calls for it. And even then you don't laugh until she does!

And you just see right through me but if you only knew me
We could be a beautiful, miracle, unbelievable
Instead of just invisible


The tearoom goes deathly quiet. I have a sudden urge to sneeze, but I hold it in.

"I'll see you around, Harry." She's so dramatic it makes me sick.

Harry calls after her. "Cho!" But she doesn't stop. Good, that'll teach him to go on dates with Cho Chang.

He throws a galleon on the table and runs after her. I sneeze. Everyone in the tearoom turns their eyes from the still tinkling door to me hiding under the table.

Like shadows in the faded light, oh, we're invisible
I just wanna open your eyes and make you realize


The couple whose table I'm under eyes me curiously. I grin and wave at them. "Hello!"

Madame Puddifoot is making her way towards me. I jump up and say "As much fun as it was to watch that dramatic presentation from Harry and Cho. I've really got to run!"

I bolt out the door.

And I just want to show you, she don't even know you
Baby, let me love you, let me want you


I don't stop until I can't see the shop anymore. I stop to catch my breath and duck behind a tree to put the cloak back on. People will ask questions if they see me in Hogsmeade when I'm supposed to be at Quidditch practice.

I slowly amble back to Hogwarts, but on the way there, I stop and see Harry talking to Hagrid inside the Three Broomsticks. His eyes glance at me outside the window and for a second it feels like he's looking right into my eyes. My heart beats faster, but I blink and he looks away.

You just see right through me but if you only knew me
We could be a beautiful, miracle, unbelievable
Instead of just invisible


Tears prick my eyes. I try to keep them at bay, but one slips out and slowly makes its way down my cheek. I watch sadly as it falls to the ground below.

I kick the ground where it fell and more tears well up in my eyes and fall. Harry Potter, the only boy who ever made me cry. Harry Potter, the only boy I've ever written a poem for. Harry Potter, the only boy I would ever willingly give up my life for.

She can't see the way your eyes will light up when you smile.

Harry Potter, the only boy I've ever truly loved.
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=81337