It Was You by colormelove
Summary: Hermione would never be able to forget the first boy she ever fell in love with. But after a sudden disappearance, she thought she would never see him again. But what if that same boy had been right under her nose for the past six years and she never even knew it, that fate had brought them back together, will they be able to put their past differences apart to bring their past love back together again.
Categories: Hermione/Draco Characters: None
Warnings: Mild Profanity
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: No Word count: 1379 Read: 2104 Published: 03/11/09 Updated: 03/14/09

1. Chapter 1 by colormelove

Chapter 1 by colormelove
Author's Notes:
So hello, this is my first ever Harry Potter fan fiction.
And just to be clear, I am not J.K.R though I may wish that I were.
Enjoy
She could remember it like it was yesterday.

He had been her best friend and she loved him, well as much as a five year-old could love another five year-old. He had shown up halfway through the school year, and she could remember that day clearly because they were making Christmas cards.

When he first walked in, he seemed extremely shy, so she immediately wanted to befriend the new boy. After the teacher introduced him, she put him in the seat right next to the anxious girl. Almost immediately after he sat down the young girl decided to introduce herself, “Hello, my name is Kate, it’s nice to meet you!”

Looking a little less nervous the boy turned to her and introduced himself. “Hi my name is Dylan,” with a smile on his face.

It was in that moment that she knew they would be the best of friends.

From that day forward the two became inseparable. After two weeks, their parents finally let them have play dates after school was over.

Going over to Dylan’s house was always interesting because he never had a TV, so the two spent their time playing in his backyard. They would make up their own games and even play house every once in a while.

It was almost a year later that it happened. The day before, Dylan came over to her house like he did any other day, except this day he brought a gift for her.

While they were playing in Kate’s backyard, Dylan pulled a ring out of his pocket and nervously asked, “Kate will you marry me?” The ring he held in his hand was nothing extraordinary, just a plain silver band with both of their names engraved on the inside.

Almost immediately Kate jumped up and gave him the biggest hug she had ever given anyone and simply said, “Yes!”

Now seeing as they were only six at the time, they couldn’t actually get married. So instead Kate went and quickly grabbed a daisy from one of her mother’s flower bushes and they had their own little ceremony behind one of the big trees in her back yard.

Once the “ceremony” was over, he slid the tiny ring onto her finger and gave each other a single peck on the lips. Afterwards they spent the rest of the day chasing each other around the yard, playing without a care in the world.

After Dylan had left for the evening, Kate excitedly told her mother what had happened. Surprisingly enough he mother didn't really find anything wrong with it, ever since Dylan had entered her daughter’s life, she had been the happiest child anyone had ever seen. She could see the two children being best friends for a very long time, she could see them possibly dating once they were old enough, and maybe even one day they would get married for real. But she knew she was looking way too far into the future, she was just so glad that her daughter had such a great friend. Up to that point she had never really made any friends while she was in school.

The next day when her daughter got home from school, she could tell that something was wrong. When she asked, all her daughter said was that Dylan hadn’t been in school that day.

Over the next week Dylan had yet to return to school and she was starting to wonder what had happened to him. Finally after her daughters persistent begging, her mother called his house to see if she could get a hold of his mother, but alas there was no answer.

The next day, after she dropped her daughter off at school, she decided to drive by the boy’s house. Sadly when she got there, she found the house completely empty with a for sale sign in the front yard.

She felt terrible because she knew that it would just break her daughter’s heart. The boy that she cared for so deeply was gone.

When her daughter got home that afternoon, she took her into the living room and sat her on the couch and explained to her what had happened.

Before she could even finish, her daughter was on her feet running towards her room as tears ran down her face.

Before she could reach her daughter, she had already locked herself in the room and she could hear her crying on the other side of the door.

“Kate honey, please come out?” Her mother begged.

“Don’t call me Kate anymore, It’s Hermione,” he daughter exclaimed.

Now she knew how upset her daughter really was. Seeing that she couldn’t really do anything else to help the situation for the moment, she left her daughter in peace.

It had been over eleven years since that day, and Hermione knew that was when she became completely devoted to her school work.

After Dylan had left, she immerged herself in school work so she wouldn’t have to think about him. Ever since then that was the most important thing to her.

She also never allowed herself to get close to anyone again, that was until she became friends with Harry and Ron during her first year at Hogwarts. But somehow, she still felt like she still wasn’t as close to them as she had been with Dylan.

Even as she got older, she couldn’t even try looking him up because she never did know his last name. Surprisingly, neither could her mother.

And even if he ever wanted to look her up, he wouldn’t be able to find her either because of that stupid stage she went through where she changed her name.

Before she met him, she would change her name every other week. But after they met, Kate just kind of stuck. So he wouldn’t even know what he real name even was even if he wanted to find her.

All she had left was their “wedding” band, as she looked back on their “wedding day” all she could do was giggle quietly to herself and remember how cute it was.

Now that she was grown up, she didn't love him anymore, if you can even call what they had was love. But she still missed him. Now she kept his ring on a chain around her neck that was hidden underneath her clothing.

Hermione was currently lying in her bed twirling the necklace around her fingers trying to remember if there was anything else she needed to do. All of her things were packed and she still had a good two hours before she had to be at Platform 9¾, so she figured she would just lay there in think for awhile.

She started to imagine what her year was going to be like; she could remember how excited she was when she got her letter telling her that she was going to be head girl. The first thing she did, after jumping around and screaming for a good four minutes, was write Harry and Ron and tell them the good news.

She couldn’t wait to get to school and see the heads dorm, she had been dreaming of being head girl since year one. But she wondered who the head boy would be; as she started to go through a list of names in her head she heard a knock at her door.

“Come in,” she said as she sat up in her bed.

Her mom walked in and started around the room. “It looks like your packed and ready.”

“Yeah, well I’ve been pretty much packed for the last two weeks.”

“Well were going to be leaving here in five minutes so start bringing your things downstairs.” With that she closed the door giving her daughter her last bit of alone time.

Finally after another minute Hermione got up and gave her room one last look over. Before picking up her trunk, she made sure she slid the necklace back underneath her shirt and with a sigh; she gathered her things and was off. She couldn’t believe that this was going to be her final year at Hogwarts.
End Notes:
So that’s the first chapter, I really hope you all liked it.
So let me just say that I’m really excited for this story.
Any who, tell me what you think.
Reviews are definitely appreciated.
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=82689