Harry Potter: The Following Year by ginnygirl16
Summary: Harry Potter returns to Hogwarts for his seventh year. With Quidditch, NEWT's, and a pompous new Transfiguration teacher this year is certainly not going to be dull! Mix in some Marauders, a couple jokes, and a bunch of good friends and this will be Harry's best year yet! Nominated for QSQ'a Best General Fic. Thank you!


Categories: General Fics Characters: None
Warnings: Alternate Universe, Mild Profanity
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 11 Completed: No Word count: 14868 Read: 43693 Published: 03/23/09 Updated: 11/08/09

1. Rebuilding by ginnygirl16

2. Fred's Funeral by ginnygirl16

3. Birthday Surprises by ginnygirl16

4. An Unexpected Visitor by ginnygirl16

5. Diagon Alley by ginnygirl16

6. Back at Hogwarts by ginnygirl16

7. Professor Percy by ginnygirl16

8. Problems on the Quidditch Pitch by ginnygirl16

9. Gryffindor Verse Hufflepuff by ginnygirl16

10. Potter, meet Evans by ginnygirl16

11. A Relaxing Evening and Malfoy's Mysterious Behaviour by ginnygirl16

Rebuilding by ginnygirl16
Author's Notes:
Special thanks to my beta RedChequeredConverse for quick turn overs, awesome ideas, and for being totally excited about the story.
"Reparo," muttered Harry, pointing his wand at a headless gargoyle. Looking around he thought to himself that this corridor still had a long way to go before it was ready for students to pass through it.

Harry sighed. It had been two days since the battle. He and the other students had been trying to help as much as he could in the castle, Ron, Hermione, Ginny and the rest of the Weasleys were all staying at Hogwarts, as well as most of the seventh year students who had fought.

Everyone had worked together to try and fix the place up so that it would be ready for next term. Harry had even seen some Ministry officials coming in and out, lending a hand where they could. Professor McGonagall had most of the upper floors and corridors under control. The Great Hall and the Transfiguration corridor seemed to have been through the worst of the battle, so Harry, the Weasleys and Hermione had volunteered to help there. They worked silently and kept to themselves as much as they could.

The death of Fred had affected everyone, whether they showed it or not. Mrs. Weasley would break down in tears at the mention of Fred, and though they tried to look strong, even Bill and Charlie were uncharacteristically quiet and subdued. The wall that had collapsed on him had yet to be repaired. The entire family had been avoiding that particular spot as much as possible, finding an excuse to do something else whenever they had to walk by it.

In a way, Harry was glad that he had a lot to do. It kept his mind focused on the task at hand, rather than thinking about recent events, which had been none too pleasant. He had, had hardly a wink of sleep since the battle. When he did manage to doze off he would dream of Fred, Remus, Tonks, Sirius, his parents, and Voldemort's cold, high laugh, before waking up drenched in a cold sweat. When he looked over at Ron's four poster, he would usually see Ron tossing and turning in his bed as well.

The aftermath of the battle had left a chilling silence over the castle. Everyone was mourning the loss of loved ones. No one seemed to notice that the person hurting the most of all was Harry.
************************************************************************

As he had done every night since the battle, Harry found himself on his bed, staring out the window. In his hand was the photo album of his parents, which Hagrid had given him so many years ago. Since using the Resurrection Stone, Harry had been feeling something that he hadn’t felt since Sirius had died. It wasn’t grief. Harry knew what grief felt like-- in fact he had been grieving since the battle. This was something different. He wanted to see them again, talk to them, just one last time.

The life that he had lost had seemed to haunt him every night since the day he had discovered that he was a wizard, but right now it seemed worse than before.

A knock on the door interrupted Harry’s thoughts. As he turned around, he saw Ginny standing at the door.

“All right if I come in?” asked Ginny.

Harry had almost forgotten about her in the days after the battle. He had been so occupied, that he only so much as said ‘Good morning’ to her, and given her a quick smile before heading off.

Harry smiled at her. “Sure”.

Ginny sat on the bed. “What’s that you have there?” she asked, pointing at the photo album.

“You can have a look if you want,” said Harry.

As she flipped the pages a smile stretched across her face. “Oh Harry, you used to look so cute!”

Harry put a face on of mock hurt. “What do you mean I used to look cute?”

For nearly half an hour they sat on the bed, laughing at the pictures of Harry, his mother, and his father. Ginny particularly liked the one of Harry hitting James on the nose.

“Oh yeah, I bet you’ll like this one even better,” said Harry, laughing as he showed her a picture of him running around in his diaper, chasing the cat with his toy broomstick.

They continued laughing, and looking at pictures until Ron popped in.

“Sorry to interrupt you mate, but you might want to come down for supper; McGonagall has an announcement to make.” He closed the door with a slight grin on his face.

Ginny got up to leave, but Harry grabbed her arm.

“Wait, Ginny,” he started. “Thank you for making me feel better. I’ve been feeling terrible since…you know…” he sighed. “Anyways I feel much better now, and what I wanted to know was whether you wanted to be my girlfriend again?”

Ginny smiled. “Well I must say, it’s about time!” she exclaimed, as she ran and hugged him.

Harry smiled as the two of them headed out the door five minutes later. It was good to be back to normal.
************************************************************************

Supper that evening was delicious. Just as the cream puffs started to vanish Professor McGonagall stood up to make her announcement.

"Attention, students, staff, and volunteers. I know that you want to all get on with your meal so I'll be quick. I would like to let you all know that I will be taking over as Headmistress of Hogwarts come fall." The room was filled with the sound of clapping as everyone congratulated Professor McGonagall on her new post.

"Yes, thank-you very much," said the Professor. Harry couldn't help but notice that her eyes looked a little wet. "I hoped you would all be as pleased with this placement as I am, but as the head of this school, I will be unable to teach transfiguration anymore. Therefore I am also pleased to announce that this year; Transfiguration will be taught by none other than Hogwarts graduate, Percy Weasley!"

Harry turned around in shock, and he wasn't the only one. The entire Weasley family, and Hermione were now looking down the table at Percy in utter disbelief. Percy grinned.

"I spoke to McGonagall yesterday," he said sheepishly to them, as he stood up to acknowledge the crowd of people with a polite nod of his head to the four tables. "I figured that seeing as I've quit my job at the Ministry, I'll need work. I was the top of my year in the subject," he added rather pompously.

Mr.Weasley smiled. “It's good to have you back Percy." And they all joined in on the applause that was now filling the great hall.
************************************************************************

Just as Harry was getting ready for bed that night, Mr. and Mrs. Weasley, along with George approached him, looking solemn.

"Harry," said Mr. Weasley quietly. "We wanted to ask you a favor."

"You can say no if you don't want to do this," said Mrs. Weasley hurriedly. "Of course we can understand if you don't want to,” she added.

"What are you--" started Harry.

George stepped forward. "Harry, two days from now we are holding Fred's funeral."

Harry looked down.

"We wanted you to give the speech. You know like the seedy looking wizard at Dumbledore’s funeral?" said George.

Harry looked up. "Wh-what?” he stammered.

Mr. Weasley spoke. "Harry this war was about you and You-Know-Who. You saved the wizarding world, and Fred died trying to bring down Voldemort, just as you did. I think it only seems right, that you be the one to send him off. It just seems like the right thing t-to do." His voice shook slightly.

"But why me?" asked Harry. "Surely a family member should say it. I mean George don't you think that you-"

Harry was cut off by George. "You are family, you and Hermione. And besides I can't do it, I just wouldn't be able to. I'd probably crack up half way through the middle of it. I'd make some stupid joke, or do something stupid. Fred deserves a proper funeral. I want you to do it." He said, looking more serious than Harry had seen him in life.

"Well than...of course," said Harry slowly. "I would be honored."

"Thank-you Harry," said Mr. Weasley shaking his hand. He looked slightly pale. Mrs. Weasley kissed him on the cheek and muttered thanks between sobs.

They had just left and Harry was thinking of what he was going to say when George reappeared.

"Oh and Harry?" said George with a slight grin on his face. "Don't make it too serious all right? I mean, there's been enough sad stuff around here. But don't tell mum I said that," he warned before leaving.

Harry laughed, "Right," he called after him. He reached under his bed and extracted a box of Fred and George's fireworks from his rucksack that he happened to have been saving. "Right," he said again as he pulled out a firework. "If there's one thing that I can do, it's to send Fred off in style."
End Notes:
Hope you enjoyed it! Please read and review.
Fred's Funeral by ginnygirl16
Author's Notes:
Okay, so here is the revised version of this chapter. Sorry for the delay. As always, thankyou to the wonderful RCC.
The sun shone down through the trees on the morning of Fred’s funeral. Though the sounds of birds could be heard through the windows of the Burrow, and the smell of approaching summer entered the old house, the place was”for the first time, silent.

The old clock chimed eleven; one by one, the Weasley family trouped down the stairs and out of the kitchen, dressed in black and wearing solemn expressions as they headed out to the back field.

“George!” called Harry, trying to catch him before he left the house. George turned around. He looked older; tired, and withdrawn. “You remember what to do right?” asked Harry.

George nodded. “I set them off just after you finish your speech.”

“Good, and don’t forget to make sure nobody sees them before then,” warned Harry.

George grinned. “Wow Harry, I think Fred and I had a bad influence on you.”

A smile tugged at Harry’s lips. “Maybe. We’ll see.” They turned and headed out the door.

************************************************************************

“Ahem,” started an apprehensive Harry as many solemn faces turned to face him. He never was much for crowds. “I would like to thank you all for coming today, to attend the funeral of great man.” Harry glanced at the Weasleys, sitting in the front row. Mrs. Weasley was sobbing into her handkerchief. Ron was pale and held Hermione tightly, who was crying silent tears as she looked upon the casket in front of Harry.

“Fred Weasley was a son, a brother, and a great friend. I am lucky to say that I was one of the fortunate people to know him. I think I speak for everyone when I say that hardly anyone who knew him had ever seen him without a smile on.”

Harry glanced at the crowd. He could see Professors McGonagall, Flitwick, and Sprout, along with Kingsley, Mrs. Tonks, and a number of the Order. Many of them were dabbing at there eyes. He paused to take a deep breath before he continued.

“It is important that Fred’s death remind us of the evil that ripped his and many other families apart.” He gestured at Mrs. Tonks, who was holding Teddy. “Fred Weasley died as he lived; with a smile on his face, fighting for those he loved the most. Therefore let me conclude by saying that today we should celebrate the life of a boy who fought to the end, to make this world a better place for us. I’m sure if Fred was here, he would say the same thing.”

At that moment, there was a bang and many people gasped and looked around to find the source of the noise. There was George grinning broadly with tears streaking his face, as a shower of fireworks filled the sky, showering the crowd with colors of pink, blue, and green. They spelled out two words”For Fred.

Harry smiled, and his eyes caught the Weasleys, and as they looked at the fireworks, their tears subsided somewhat as they gazed at them with smiles of happiness and remembrance. It was as if, for a minute, Fred was back with them.
********************************************************************

The mood seemed to lighten that night during dinner. George took it upon himself to make sure everyone was laughing and enjoying themselves. He laughed with everyone, and made some of the rudest and funniest jokes yet.

After hearing one of his most recent jokes, Mrs. Weasley, who had made a huge effort to let George do as pleased since Fred’s death, seemed unable to restrain herself anymore, and promised George, that if she ever heard such a thing come out of his mouth again, she would make sure that he would find himself with his tongue tied in very large knot.

But even though people would pretend on the outside, nothing could hide their grief when they would walk into the kitchen expecting to find Tonks sitting their making some witty remark or turning herself into God knows what, and see only Molly in there; quietly washing dishes. The living room seemed empty without Remus, and without Fred, life was much duller.

That night, for the first time, Harry saw his godson”Teddy was sporting a shock of hot pink hair. Teddy gave Harry a watery smile as Andromeda handed him over. She looked very tired.

Harry had never held a baby before, and didn’t really know what to do.

“Er”hi, Teddy. I’m Harry, your godfather.”

Teddy just stared up at him with his big blue eyes, and Ginny who was sitting nearby laughed.

“He wants you to play with him Harry,” she said.

“But what do I”?”

“Here Teddy do you want your rattle?” she asked, shaking the rattle in front of him.

Teddy just looked at her.

“What about this nice stuffed bear?”

“I don’t think he likes rattles or stuffed bears,” said Harry putting him down. “Here Teddy, how about this?” he asked pulling a firework out of a crate nearby.

Teddy laughed, trying to catch the fireworks as they whizzed around.

Ginny and Harry laughed and played with him most of the night, until Andromeda announced that she and Teddy were heading home.

“You are welcome to come by anytime, Harry,” said Andromeda.

“I will, Mrs. Tonks Thank you.”

When they Dissaparated, Ginny turned to Harry.

“Good job, Godfather.”

Harry laughed. “I wasn’t bad was I?”

Ginny smiled at him, “Of course not.”

Taking her hand, they headed back into the house.

********************************************************************

Later that night, after the cakes and pies had been eaten, and most of the guests had left, Harry decided to go for a walk. It was as if his feet knew where he was going and he wasn’t surprised when he ended up near Fred’s grave. But someone was already there.

He could see the shadow of someone, who from the outline of horned rimmed glasses, Harry could tell, was Percy.

“Fred, I am so sorry. I was such a git, and you were right. I was a real prat and maybe if I had realized that earlier you wouldn’t have…” his voice drifted slowly away. “I only wish that I had been quicker. An older brother always has the responsibility to look after his younger siblings, and I failed you little brother. I never failed a test in my life, not on OWLs or NEWTs but now I realize that I would give all the Head Boy badges in the world to have you back.” Harry stood quietly, not wanting to intrude.

Percy continued, “All those times I complained about how annoying you were, and yelled at you for your stupid jokes, well now I’ve come to realize that really, I was jealous. You were such a happy kid, never a care in the world. I only wish that I would have told you just once how proud I was of you little brother…”

Tears streamed down Percy’s face as he backed away and turned towards the Burrow. He never saw Harry.

“You know,” said Harry, glancing over at the grave, “he might not have been the total git we all thought he was.”

Not wanting to be there any longer he turned back to the Burrow”to his home.
End Notes:
Hopefully the next chapter will be up soon! Until then...review!
Birthday Surprises by ginnygirl16
Author's Notes:
Thanks again to the wonderful RCC!
The days passed and spring turned into summer. George returned to the shop, Mr. Weasley went back to the Ministry, and Percy spent most of his time at Hogwarts. Harry had not mentioned to anyone what he had heard Percy say to Fred. He suspected, sometimes, that others had also made their way up to the meadow. Seeking”perhaps a visit with their brother or son, or just some time alone to think.

The kitchen at the Burrow was always busy, but that year on July thirty-first, with the stack of presents on the table, it seemed fuller than ever. So Harry, Ron, Ginny, George, and Charlie had gone out to the Quidditch pitch in the back field to get out of the stuffy house. Hermione had point blankly refused to join them when she was asked, saying that she would like to celebrate Harry’s birthday with her body in one piece.

Neither Harry nor Ron was used to holding a Quaffle, and the results were entertaining.

"What’s the matter with you three?” shouted Charlie from one of the goal posts. “You’re letting a girl beat you?”

It was true; Ginny was terrific on her broom. She seemed to have practiced a lot, and looked great. However, neither of them would ever admit it to her.

“It’s not my fault,” complained Harry. “This damn broom is terrible.”

The Cleensweep he had borrowed from George had certainly seen better years. And with either Fred or George using it for seven years at Hogwarts, Harry was sure that even his Firebolt wouldn’t look too great.

Ginny smirked. “Oh sure, Harry, blame it on the broom. We all know that you’re a terrible flyer, you don’t have to make excuses!” she called down the pitch, her red hair flying in the wind.

“Oh yeah?” replied Harry, before darting after her.

“Think you can catch me, Potter?” cried Ginny with glee, as she tore around one of the goal posts, Charlie, George, and Ron watching with amused expressions.

The entire afternoon was spent playing Quidditch. The boys had decided to gang up on Ginny, but even still, the four of them were no match for her. Her aim was amazing, and how she could make that little broom go so fast”Harry would never know.

“Reckon she’s been practicing,” said George, as they made their way back to the Burrow, looking dismally defeated.

Ginny just laughed. “Come on, boys. It’s somebody’s birthday, remember?"

************************************************************************

That evening, all the Weasleys seemed to be in attendance for Harry’s eighteenth birthday party. Even Bill and Fleur were there.

Harry stared down at the cake, which Mrs. Weasley had made from scratch. She seemed to have outdone herself this year. Covered in white icing and with red stars, with a big “Happy 18th, Harry” in the middle, this cake was even bigger and better than last year.

Harry cut the cake to applause, before they all began filling up with delicious food. After the cake he turned to the pile of presents, now in front of him.

He received new quills, ink and parchment from Hermione, who thought that it was highly unlikely that the Dursleys would send him his old ones he had left behind.

“Now you won’t have to buy any for the new school year,” she said grinning.

Harry smiled. Hermione had already announced that she was returning to Hogwarts for her seventh year “Harry and Ron, however, had yet to decide. Indeed, the idea of another year of school seemed to frighten Ron.

From Ron, he opened a somewhat more satisfactory gift than Hermione’s, though he didn’t dare say so.

“Thanks, Ron, I love Bertie Bott’s Every Flavor Beans,” said Harry.

“No problem, mate,” said Ron leaning over to grab a handful from the box.

From Charlie he received a new set of Gobstones, from Mr. and Mrs. Weasley, a big box of homemade fudge; a box of Weasley Wizard Wheezes from George, and from Percy a book called, An Advanced Wizards Guide to Transfiguration .

“I thought it might come in useful,” called Percy, across the room. “In case you decide to return to Hogwarts for a seventh year.”

Percy seemed to think that Harry’s look of disgust was a smile, and looked very pleased with his gift, obviously thinking it was the most sensible one of all.

Bill and Fleur had bought him a new set of very nice looking dress robes.

“We figured you might need new ones, considering how much taller you’ve gotten since the Yule Ball,” said Bill.

Finally there was one present to open. It was from Ginny, and looked strangely familiar. As Harry unwrapped the long present he gasped.

“Ginny, where did you”how did you” ”

Ginny laughed, “Before you get too excited, I didn’t buy it. Dad and I went to the Ministry, and they found your broom. After the battle, some of the employees were sent out to inspect the areas where, Mad-Eye and a number of Death Eaters fell. I guess they were looking for bodies or something. Anyway, they found your broom, and I asked them if I could return it to you”” but she was cut off by Harry, who was now hugging her so tight that she could barely breathe.

“Thanks Ginny,” whispered Harry.

“Hey,” she said laughing. “At least now we don’t have to listen to you complain about your broom. There are no excuses now!”

“There definitely aren’t,” laughed Harry.

He looked around the rest of the room. “Thanks everyone, the gifts are brilliant.”

************************************************************************
That evening, as Harry looked happily at his new gifts, he happened to catch sight of a very strange shape outside his window.

When Harry opened it, he realized that it was an owl. However, he had never seen this owl before. It wasn’t Pigwidgeon, or any of the other Weasley family owls, nor was it one of the handsome tawny owls from Hogwarts. Wondering who would be sending him something at this time of night, he untied the package from the leg of the owl, and gave it some water before it ruffled its feathers and flew off into the night.

Now very curious, Harry started to open the box. At the top of it was a note.

Dear Harry,

Happy Birthday! I meant to give you this last year, but then Tonks and I had to leave, and I never ended up giving you it.

After you came and talked to us in the fireplace during your fifth year, Sirius and I realized that you didn’t know hardly anything about your parents, and so we started this little project.

We contacted some old friends and started to make a collection of ours and others' memories of your parents and of the Marauders in general.

After Sirius died I didn’t have the heart to give it to you for your sixteenth, so instead I continued getting as many memories of your parents as I could. I hope you can enjoy these memories of your parents, as much as Sirius and I enjoyed being their friends. Think of it as being seventeen years of gifts from two old friends.

Have a wonderful birthday.

Remus.
End Notes:
There you go! Hope you enjoyed it. Might I ask a favor of you? Please, please, please review! All of them will be responded to, and I love to hear your opinions!

--ginnygirl16
An Unexpected Visitor by ginnygirl16
Author's Notes:
Thanks muchly to RCC for wonderful editing, and to my newest beta, MJ_Padfoot for brilliant plot ideas and for just being wondeful:) You are both amazing!

***
For days to follow, Harry pondered the mysterious birthday gift. How could Remus send the gift? Wasn’t he dead? Didn’t Harry see his lifeless body in the Great Hall? He had gone to the burials for both Remus and Tonks only a few days after Fred’s.

The idea that some sort of ghost-Remus had sent it was slightly disturbing to Harry, before he realized that Remus wouldn’t have come back as a ghost. He would have gone on.

Harry had stayed awake long after everyone else in the Burrow, looking through the collection of memories that had been given to him. They had all been dated, and each one was dated in what Harry recognized as either the messy handwriting of Sirius, or the neat, small writing of Remus.

Just seeing his parents' names, knowing that he had almost a lifetime of memories in this box, was overwhelming.

He hadn’t confided in anyone the mysterious gift. The fact that someone, who was supposedly dead and buried, had sent a birthday gift to him might not pass without suspicion if he let someone like Mr. Weasley in on it. However, he took comfort knowing that whoever did send it to him, Remus or not, they had certainly wanted Harry to get to know his parents as they really were, not the revised and biased versions he heard from others.

It was far too early for a trip to Diagon Alley, it was barely the second week of August, and Harry still hadn’t decided whether to return to Hogwarts. He had been hoping to get his hands on a pensieve as soon as possible, but unfortunately he would have to wait.

In the meantime, Harry had plenty of other things to do. He received stacks of letters each day, which included congratulations and thanks for defeating the Dark Lord, as well as fan mail from witches begging him for a signed photo. Some were letters from the Ministry -- offering him their congratulations and letting him know that if he ever wanted a job he could get it. Many of them were also from Rita Skeeter, who, since Voldemort’s defeat, had been pestering him three times a day with letters, asking him for an interview for her new book,Harry Potter: A Hero’s Tale.

Most of these letters he found tedious, though he and Ron had a couple laughs reading one from a little old witch who thought that he was the greatest thing since sliced bread, and spent a whole three pages telling him why.

“God, who would waste time writing that?” laughed Ron.

Mrs. Weasley gave them jobs almost everyday. Most of the time, Harry, Ron and Hermione didn’t mind. It seemed as if Mrs. Weasley’s way of coping with grief was to keep her hands busy, and she must have thought that everyone else felt the same way.

That afternoon, as Harry and Hermione were de-Gnome-ing the garden (Ron had left cursing after a gnome bit his thumb exceptionally hard), an owl swooped overhead and dropped a letter for Harry.

“Oh no," groaned Harry. “If Rita Skeeter sends me one more blasted letter, I swear I’ll--”

“Harry, it’s from Hogwarts!” exclaimed Hermione. “I wonder what they're doing, sending you a letter now? School doesn’t start for almost a month.”

Harry picked up the letter with a guilty face. He still hadn’t decided whether or not he was going to go back to Hogwarts this year, and he and Ron hadn’t told Hermione, hoping to put it off.

As he opened the envelope, he was reminded of the time when Hagrid had finally given him his letter on his eleventh birthday. He hadn’t seen Hagrid since Remus and Tonks funeral; he would have to visit him soon.

Harry read the letter:

Dear Mr. Potter,

If it is convenient, I would like to call on you, as well as Mr. Ronald Weasley, and Ms. Hermione Granger, tonight at the Burrow. Please send your response to me as soon as possible.

Minerva McGonagall,
Headmistress
Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry


***

“McGonagall wants to see us?” said Ron. “What does she want?” Harry had just shown Ron the letter.

“I don’t know,” sighed Harry. “We’ll find that out when she gets here. Hermione’s gone to send her a reply.”

“But what did we do? I mean, couldn’t she have waited to say whatever when she sends the Hogwarts letters?”

“I don’t know. Maybe she knows we might not come back,” said Harry.

Ron was rambling on about something, but Harry wasn’t listening. He was more worried about the memories. For some reason he could not stop thinking about them, and whoever sent them. He knew that it was from Remus, but how could it be? Maybe Remus had bewitched them to go to Harry on his birthday, in case he was too busy to get them to him? Harry’s ideas were getting exhausted, and more farfetched as days past.

His thoughts were interrupted my Mrs. Weasley calling them down for dinner. She had suggested to eat early that night, so that they would have more time to talk with McGonagall about whatever it was she wanted.

“Come on, let’s get down there before Charlie eats all the potatoes,” called Ron, running out the door.

***

“I am sure you have been wondering what I wanted to see you about,” said McGonagall importantly. Ron, Harry and Hermione were sitting on the couch, while the professor had chosen to stand.

“I had wondered whether the three of you had given any thought to coming back to school this year to complete your magical education.”

"Of course, we were planning to come back. I mean, we haven’t had a chance to complete our NEWT’s, and though I’m sure of course we could get any job now, I can hardly imagine not finishing my education,” said Hermione, looking as if it were the most obvious answer in the world.

“While I must commend you on this wise decision, Ms. Granger, I must say that I noticed that you two didn’t say anything,” said McGonagall, gesturing at Harry and Ron.

“Well, we haven’t really decided what we were going to do,” said Ron quietly, as if hoping Hermione wouldn’t hear. She was now staring at him, open mouth, eyes wide, as if the two of them had completely lost their senses.

“What are you talking about? Why on earth wouldn’t you want to go back? I mean, Voldemort’s gone now. We will actually have a normal year, where we can do almost whatever we want without worrying about Death Eaters or mass murders or…or anything!” exclaimed Hermione.

‘Hermione,” started Harry. “We haven’t said we weren’t going, we said that we hadn’t decided.”

Hermione snorted. “Oh, I see Ron has had a great deal of influence on you Harry. I mean, honestly -- Luna will be there, and Ginny, and Neville will most likely be going back.” She turned to Professor McGonagall. “He will be going back, won't he?”

Professor McGonagall nodded. “I have spoken to Mr. Longbottom, and he has agreed to return. I must say, I was quite surprised to see how anxious he was to return.”

Hermione looked over at Ron and Harry.

“You see, everyone will be there. Harry, you can play Quidditch, and do your NEWTS, and now we can go to Hogsmeade without worrying about anything.”

Harry started to nod, but Ron interrupted.

“Hermione,” he started gently, “you are a prefect, you get top grades, and school is easy for you. You should go back to school, but I want to do something with my life instead of having to follow rules, listen to teachers, and fuss over homework. ”

“Ron, you are also a prefect,” reminded Hermione. “ I can’t believe you would say such a thing in front of the headmistress. You need to start setting a good example for other students, even if you don't like it.”

Harry started to laugh, and he couldn’t help noticing McGonagall’s face twitch.

“As much as I am sure the three of you could go on about the benefits and disadvantages of returning to school, I would like to have your answers, as I am quite busy and still need to call on the Patil twins, as well as Mr. Thomas, and Ms. Brown. Ms. Granger, I take it that you will be returning?”

Hermione nodded, her face still flushed with anger. Professor McGonagall nodded, and turned to Harry.

“I know that you are anxious to start your training to become an Auror, but I would highly recommend returning for a final year, no matter what the Ministry thinks. You will find it much easier to complete your training after you have learnt the seventh year curriculum, and though I’m quite sure that you would do well with or without it, I must say that your talents on the Quidditch pitch would welcomed by the Gryffindor house.”

Harry looked at Hermione, who had a sort of pleading look on her face that he rarely saw. Then he made up his mind.

“Well, I suppose it wouldn’t hurt to go back for one more year.”

The Professor nodded approvingly, whilst Ron’s head shot up.

“You mean you’re going, Harry? What are you, mental?”

“I take it, then, you won’t be joining your friends this year, Mr. Weasley?” asked McGonagall.

Ron looked at McGonagall.

“Well… you see it’s not that I don’t want to go… it’s just another whole year…” he scrunched up his face in thought, as though the decision was very painful.

“All right, I suppose one more year won’t kill me,” he announced.

Harry saw Hermione fly by him, hugging Ron.

Harry looked at McGonagall and could have sworn she winked at him.

“I believe that ends our meeting. I look forward to seeing you September first. You should expect your letter to arrive in a few weeks.”

And with that, she headed out the door. From the window, Harry saw her turn and Disapparate.

He looked over at Ron, who was now telling Hermione how he never really was going to not go back; he was just having a little fun. Harry shook his head, laughing, before turning to go find Ginny and tell her the news.

***
End Notes:
You guys know the drill...Review! Please! Just drop in and say a sentence or two and you will make me a very happy writer. Thanks once again for sticking with the story. I hope you will hang around for the rest of it.

--ginnygirl16
Diagon Alley by ginnygirl16
Author's Notes:
Okay, so here it is (after a few delays). Hope you enjoy it. Thanks to the talented betas: RCC and MJ_Padfoot. --ginnygirl16
***

August passed quickly; the leaves started to change color and the summer nights became chillier. Before Harry knew it, it was the last week of the summer holidays.

Harry was anxious to get to Diagon Alley and get away from the Burrow. He loved being there, but sometimes it just got too busy and he was ready for a break.

“God, these robes are disgusting,” announced Ron, as he rummaged through his old school trunk the day before their trip to Diagon Alley. He held up a pair of black robes, which were covered in dust, and smelt bad.

Harry grinned. He had been helping Ron sort through his trunk”getting rid of old text books, beetle eyes, frogs tails, and a number of other disgusting objects (such as a piece of raspberry pie that Ron had brought up to the dormitory one night, and had forgotten to finish).

“Remind me why we’re doing this again?” asked Ron, after being scared onto the bed when he saw a spider in his trunk.

“You are trying to get back into Hermione’s good books by showing her how responsible and organized you can be,” replied Harry.

Ron grimaced at the memory.

~*~

Their Hogwarts letters arrived early one, August morning. The early morning breakfast had been disturbed with a shriek when Hermione had run down the stairs showing off her new badge.

“Well done, Hermione,” Percy said. “This will definitely help when you go to apply for a job someday.”

Ron congratulated Hermione before ripping open his own envelope. However, there was no Head Boy badge in his envelope or in Harry’s for that matter” leaving Ron in a fowl mood.

Later that day, Harry walked into the living room, only to find himself in the midst of a great row between his two best friends.

“Oh yes Hermione, I’m sure you will enjoy getting all cozy with the new Head Boy!” Ron yelled.

“Well maybe if you had worked a little harder on your studies and shown up for prefect meetings once in a while, you would have gotten the badge!”

“That’s not the point,” Ron replied, obstinately.

“Well than what is Ron? You’re jealous that I got a badge and you didn’t? Harry didn’t get a badge either and he isn’t complaining!” yelled Hermione.

“He also doesn’t have to worry about a girlfriend who is the Head Girl and will be spending all her free time with the unknown Head Boy,” said Ron mutinously, but Hermione wasn’t listening.

The door slammed behind her as she left, fuming.

~*~

Ron looked at Harry, “You know she hasn’t spoken to me for a week.”

“Why don’t you apologize to her,” suggested Harry.

“Yeah sure, and then she’ll set some pigeons on me or something,” said Ron dejectedly.

“Well you have all day tomorrow in Diagon Alley to sort things out with her,” said Harry.

Ron grinned. “Maybe I’ll take her out for ice cream or something…what are you going to do?”

Harry didn’t reply. He had been planning on looking for a Pensieve in Diagon Alley, but wasn't sure if such a unique artifact could be found there.

***
Diagon Alley was vibrant and alive, as the Weasleys, Harry, and Hermione arrived the following morning”quite different from Harry’s last visit there.

It was if Voldemort had never existed. Everyone was cheerful, and most of the old shops had reopened.

As they made their way into Madam Malkins though, a run in with a blonde haired witch with glasses wiped the smile off of Harry’s face.

“Ah, Harry! I’m delighted to see you,” said Rita Skeeter. “You know, I’ve been trying to contact you for days. I hope we can arrange an interview soon?”

“Actually, I’m quite busy”school starts next week and””

“Well, then I’ll just have to talk to Professor McGonagall about arranging a suitable time. I’m sure she wouldn’t mind”after all, the boy-who-lived…” Rita trailed off.

“No I don’t think that will work,” said Harry irritably. “I don’t want a book written about me. I don’t want people coming up to me in the streets pestering me, and I don’t want to have an interview with you. You’ve ruined enough people’s lives. What about all that trash you wrote about Dumbledore?”

“That was not trash, it was the truth”people deserve the truth!” exclaimed Rita, clearly affronted.

“No, they don’t. Not when it hurts, and is written to make a person look bad. Now if you will excuse me, I need to get my shopping done,” said Harry, as he pushed his way out of the shop.

***
“A Pensieve?" asked the assistant.

“Yes. Do you have one?”

“Well, no”there isn’t much of a demand for them. We could order one for you, but it will take a couple of weeks to get here.”

“That’s fine,” said Harry. “How much?”

“One thousand galleons.”

Harry handed over a bag of gold galleons. “Could you please deliver it to Gryffindor Tower, and make sure it arrives at night?”

If the assistant thought these instructions were odd--he didn't show it. He nodded, and started to fill out the order form.

“Thank you,” said Harry as he exited the shop.

***

The rest of Harry’s afternoon was spent with Ginny. Ron and Hermione had gone off for some ice cream; leaving Harry and Ginny free to wander through the street of Diagon Alley. They looked into all of the shops--occasionally run into someone they knew from Hogwarts.

“Hello Harry, Ginny,” said Neville, running over from the Owl Emporium to meet them. “Had a nice summer, have you?”

“Yes, very nice Neville. How about you?” asked Ginny.

“It was brilliant. Gran brought me here today to get me new robes. She says I'm finally starting to turn out like my Dad,” he said with a proud grin, before glancing at his watch.

“Well, I’ve got to go. I promised to meet Gran at the Leaky Cauldron, and I’m already ten minutes late. I’ll see you at Hogwarts,” yelled Neville, as he ran off.

Ginny laughed. “Poor Neville.”

“Come on, let’s go see George,” said Harry, pointing towards Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes.

The shop looked the same”still brightly colored, and full of strange and funny objects.

A boy, about ten years old, was yelling for his mother to come see him. Harry watched as the boy’s mother nearly fainted when she saw him without a head, before he pulled off an invisibility hat, and yelled, “Surprise!”

As the mother scolded her young son, before leaving the shop in a huff, Ginny laughed.

“I think the first time Fred and George showed Mum that one, she did faint,” said Ginny.

“Excuse me, but I believe I heard my name”what have I done now?” asked George, smiling as he walked over to them.

Ginny hugged him and laughed saying, “Nothing, I was just telling Harry about the time that you and Fred pretended to have lost your head.”

George grinned, “I don’t think we got any meals for a week!”

They talked for a while longer. George showed them his latest inventions--a mirror which reflected a very ugly version of your image.

"I got this idea when Ron told me about the Mirror of Erised," George told them. "There's still some kinks in it that I am working out but I already have plans to give one to Fleur for Christmas, what do you think?" asked George. This comment resulted in a burst of laughter from Harry and Ginny.

They discussed more products”George occasionally cracking some joke which gave them all a good laugh. Soon, however, George was called away to help a customer, and Ginny and Harry decided it was time to meet the Weasleys at the Leaky Cauldron.

It wasn't until the sun started to set, and most of the shops had closed up before the Weasleys, Harry, and Hermione left for the Burrow. Before stepping into the fireplace, Harry looked at the setting sun, thinking that in just a few days he would be back at Hogwarts. He smiled as he stepped into the fireplace and announced, “The Burrow!”

***
End Notes:
Hope you liked it. Next chapter should be up soon. Until then...REVIEW!!! --ginnygirl16
Back at Hogwarts by ginnygirl16
Author's Notes:
Here ye are! Thanks to RCC and MJ_Padfoot for betae'ing.
***
As the Hogwarts Express rolled into Hogsmeade Station, Harry glanced out the window with a smile on his face. He was back.

The clatter of forks and scraping plates filled the Great Hall, as Harry sat at the far end of the Gryffindor table.

He glanced around the hall, which was sparkling magnificently. The four house banners were hanging from the starry-skied ceiling. Professor McGonagall was sitting in the very middle of the staff table; her piercing eyes staring down at the students, as though daring them to step out of line. When she caught Harry staring at her though, she gave him a small smile.

Harry smiled to himself. Looking around, you could not even tell that a battle had occurred here only months before. The House-Elves and Ministry workers had done a wonderful job.

Harry glanced across the table towards Ron and Hermione, who were holding hands. Hermione was sitting up very straight and stiff, her Head Girl badge gleaming in the light. She looked very important.

Harry had to stop himself from laughing, as he watched Luna--who was sitting over at the Ravenclaw table, conjure a couple butterflies, which were now fluttering around her head.

After the desserts had vanished, leaving the students with full stomachs, Professor McGonagall stood up.

“May I have your attention please?" She paused as the Great Hall quieted down. Harry looked towards McGonagall and she continued, “As the new Headmistress, I am pleased to welcome our old students back to Hogwarts, as well as to give a special welcome to our new first years. I hope that you will all work very hard this year at your studies, and put some effort towards winning points for your houses.” She looked down on them all as if to say, “Or else!”

“As most of you know, our school has been under very large repairs this summer, and while the Ministry of Magic has been working very hard to have the castle ready for students by the start of term, there are still some reparations being done around the school, and therefore I must ask you to avoid those areas for now. A notice has been posted in each of your Common Rooms which label the classes that have been temporarily moved, and the areas which are out of bounds at the present time.”

Harry felt a pair of eyes on him, and as he turned around he knew who it was.

Draco Malfoy was staring across the Great Hall at Harry, from the Slytherin table, where he was surrounded by his usual friends; Pansy, Goyle, Zabini, and some other seventh-year students. When he saw Harry though, he quickly turned his head.

“I also wish you to welcome our newest staff member, Professor Percy Weasley. He has taken over my post of Transfiguration. Professor Weasley is also the new Gryffindor Head-of-House,” said Professor McGonagall, gesturing towards Percy.

Not a rude gesture or anything, thought Harry, as he turned away from Malfoy and clapped his hands politely, along with everyone else to welcome, the now very pompous-looking, Percy.

Malfoy was now staring straight ahead, but he didn’t seem to be taking in a word of what Professor McGonagall was saying. Harry noticed that his usual pale face looked paler then ever. He remembered reading in the Daily Prophet that Lucius Malfoy had been sentenced to five years in Azkaban, after his trial. Harry suspected that once again, the large donations of gold were the only thing stopping the Ministry from giving Lucius a life-sentence.

“…Anyone who wishes to tryout for their house Quidditch team should speak to their captains. And finally, it is my pleasure to announce that this May, in honor of the one-year anniversary of the defeat of the You-Know-Who, the Minister of Magic wishes to host a memorial service, which will be followed by a feast, and then”” and here, McGonagall pursed her lips, “”a dance.”

Excited whispers broke out almost immediately, before they were broken by the Headmistress, who had raised her hands for quiet.

“Classes will be postponed that day, and any student who wishes to invite family members may do so. I must say that I am looking forward to the event, and will let you know more as the date approaches. And now, you are all dismissed for bed. Classes start tomorrow at nine a.m. sharp. I expect you all to arrive on time, and ready to learn.”

Harry, Ginny and Neville joined the queue; waiting to leave. Ron and Hermione had already left to fulfill their Prefect duties”Hermione looking extremely important in her new Head Girl badge.

Harry saw Luna from a distance away at the Ravenclaw table and waved at her, before turning and continuing his way towards the Gryffindor Common Room.


“So Harry, a dance”” said Ginny, with a smile on her face. “Should be fun shouldn’t it?”

“I suppose so…” trailed Harry, remembering all too well what happened last time he went to a dance.

“I don’t suppose you have any idea who you might take?” Ginny asked slyly.

Harry grinned devilishly, “You know, that blonde Hufflepuff over there looks decent, what about her?”

"Hmmm, she looks very nice. I'm thinking about taking Seamus...I've heard he's a terrific dancer. What do you think?"

"You can't be serious!" exclaimed Harry, a little too loudly, as many heads turned to face him.

He lowered his voice. "You aren't really going to go with him are you Gin?" He sincerely looked worried.

Ginny slapped him and laughed, “Oh Harry! I just can't believe you sometimes!”

As they arrived in the Common Room, Harry felt the blaze of heat coming from the fireplace, and suddenly felt quite tired.

He kissed Ginny goodnight before heading up the stairs to his dormitory.

***

Sometime later, Ron came in. His ears were glowing red, and he had a stupid grin on his face.

Harry turned towards him. "Where've you been?" he asked, sleepily--not too sure that he wanted to know.

Harry laughed as Ron mumbled something that sounded an awful lot like "Hermione... said goodnight...awfully hot in here..."

Harry rolled back onto his bed.

"Goodnight Ron," he murmured across the room. Ron however, was already sound asleep--snoring.

Harry grinned into his pillow. It was good to be back.
***
End Notes:
Thanks for reading! As always, please review!

--ginnygirl16
Professor Percy by ginnygirl16
Author's Notes:
Here it is! Thank you everyone for all your lovely reviews. Special thanks goes out to Afifa for jumping in and beta'eing this one for me. *hugs*
***
“Welcome to Advanced Transfiguration. In case you did not catch Headmistress McGonagall’s announcement last night, I am Professor Weasley, and I will be your teacher this year. I hope that you will all study hard, and pay attention in class, so that you will be able to pass your N.E.W.T.s at the end of the year. Which leads us to our first lesson; as part of your N.E.W.T. examination, you will be tested on your ability to focus.

“Focusing is the center point of all elements of Transfiguration, and is an art of magical training. The mind plays a vital role in the ability of your magic. For some of you, the idea that something else is involved in performing a spell, besides your wand and muttering an incantation, may be a hard concept for you to grasp. However, whether you know it or not, subconsciously, your mind has been focusing since the first day you tried to cast a spell, or the first time that you tried to walk.

“The act of focusing itself is very simple. Yet, many wizards cannot perform some of the most basic spells because they have other things in their minds. True, you may be concentrating on the piece of magic that you are trying to perform, but somewhere in the back of your head you are thinking about that girl who smiled at you while you were walking down the hall.

“You are all of age to complete your Apparation training. Yet, how many of you had, and still have trouble getting yourself from one spot to another? Splinching is the result of an unfocused mind. You need to be concentrated, focused on the task at hand, and able to wipe all other thoughts from your mind. This is the main reason why so many people cannot do Occlumency. You need to be able to focus on one thought”one object, or else your barrier will slip”allowing your enemy to take control of your mind.

“Most of the Transfiguration taught this year will rely on the focused mind. If you cannot concentrate solely on the task at hand you will fail. The Transfiguration that you will learn this year is more complex than anything you have ever seen before and…”

Harry looked around the classroom as Percy droned on. No one, with the exception of Hermione”who was taking notes at top speed, trying to catch every word that Percy said, was paying attention.

Seamus was flinging paper balls at Lavender who was gossiping away to Parvati. Ginny was yawning very loudly, as if trying to give Percy some sort of a clue as to how boring his lesson was becoming.

Ron turned around in his seat and looked at Harry.

“He had me lost after he started on “art of magical training,” or whatever it was he said.”

Harry laughed. “It sounds as if he’s reading something out of a book.” He looked at Ron. “He isn’t, is he?”

Ron shrugged, “Knowing Percy, he probably is.”

From beside him, Ginny had now decided to give up yawning, and was now doing a very good imitation of snoring. Her head was on her desk, and her eyes were closed. If Harry had not seen her wink at him, he would have thought she had fallen asleep.

Percy didn’t seem to notice that the entire class had began to watch and laugh at his sister, rather than listening to what he was saying, until a particularly loud snore turned his attention towards Ginny.

“Ah…yes…well, I suppose that concludes the lesson for today.” A sigh of relief filled the classroom. “I would like you all to use the rest of your time to summarize what I have just said. It’s to be handed in tomorrow. Also read chapter one in your copy of An Advanced Wizards Guide to Transfiguration. Tomorrow, we will begin applying everything that you have learnt today. I know that you will learn the proper way to perform this in Defence Against the Dark Arts, but still, I am going to try and enter your mind, and you will use Occlumency to block me. Practice emptying your mind tonight. You will be graded on your performances.” This last statement was followed by a number of loud groans around the classroom, except for Hermione who was now asking Percy whether he thought six pages of parchment would be enough for the summary.

***
That’s my final decision, get out of here before I jinx you!” Harry shouted at a number of Gryffindors who had shown up for tryouts. He was feeling a numerous amount of strain as the Quidditch Captain this year, especially when the entire Gryffindor house, as well as a number of Ravenclaws, Hufflepuffs, and even a few Slytherins, had shown up to watch the Gryffindor Quidditch tryout.

“Just ignore them,” Hermione had said as they had walked down to the Quidditch pitch that morning. “They’re only here because you are “famous Harry Potter”.”

Ignore them, yeah right, thought Harry. Most of the students who had tried out today hadn’t even been interested in making the team. Most of them had just wanted his autograph, and to have their picture taken beside him.

In the end though, he had managed to put together a team. Ginny, Dean, and Seamus would be playing Chasers, while Peakes and Coote returned from two years previous, were to play Beaters. Ron had once again played amazingly as the Keeper and would also be returning. Though, Harry had suspected that the real reason for Ron’s outstanding play was Hermione watching in the audience. It seemed that every time Ron made a save he would turn towards Hermione, puff out his chest, and smirk; something which Ginny found very amusing.

“Get your eyes off Hermione and back on the Quaffle, Ron!” Ginny had yelled down the pitch, towards her brother after he had made a save and then gave a dramatic bow to the audience, turning Ron’s attention to the game permanently.

***
Harry was feeling worn out. It was only the third day of school and all ready he was tired. Percy had performed Legilimency on the seventh year Transfiguration students that day. The examination had not gone well for Harry, who had never been able to grasp Occlumency and was mortified when Percy viewed a few memories of Harry and Ginny, things which an older brother does not wish to see. Harry was kissing Ginny after the Quidditch match… Harry broke up with Ginny…it was Harry’s birthday and he was in Ginny’s room…After the last one, Harry felt a sharp pang in his head as Percy withdrew himself from Harry’s mind.

“Ten points from Gryffindor. You best work on that Occlumency, Potter, or you’ll fail the N.E.W.T.,” Percy said with a disgusted look at Harry, and while everyone else was talking he whispered into his ear menacingly, “And Harry, you better hope that I never see that again.”

Harry looked embarrassed as Ron came over.

“What happened?”

“Oh, well, Percy was performing Legilimency on me and he kind of saw me…uhh…kissing Ginny…a lot…” Harry said this all very quickly as Ron burst out laughing.

“Wow, you’re never going to live that one down, Percy’s been scarred for life.”

“Yeah, well, you better hope that you are able to perform Occlumency or else Percy’s going to find himself in the middle of a snogging session between you and Hermione next,” Harry retorted.

Ron’s ears turned red. “Right, well, I better go practice then,” he murmured, as he headed off to the other side of the classroom.

“What’s going on?” asked Ginny, coming over to talk to Harry.

“Oh nothing. Hey, Ginny, I just wondering…are you any good at Occlumency?”

Ginny looked at him. “Occlumency? Why do you ask?”

“Oh, no reason,” said Harry glancing towards Percy who was watching the pair of them suspiciously. This was going to be a long year.

***
End Notes:
There you go. I hope you enjoyed. Continue to review. Chapter eight will hopefully follow soon.
--ginnygirl16
Problems on the Quidditch Pitch by ginnygirl16
Author's Notes:
The brilliant Afifa once again stepped in and beta'ed this, so thanks very much for that! Thank you everyone for your lovely reviews. Hopefully you'll enjoy this chapter;)
--ginnygirl16
The days began to grow colder as September came to a close. The leaves were now brilliant colours of red, orange, and yellow.

Meanwhile, Harry was beginning to regret his decision of coming back to Hogwarts. Every day he would have to deal with the student body, most of whom regarded him as their new hero, and would stop him in the halls asking for signatures, photographs, one girl even asked him for a piece of his hair to send to her mum! Not only did Harry not get a moment of privacy, but he was constantly having to deal with timelines for his assignments. Percy hadn’t been kidding when he told them that N.E.W.T. year was not going to be easy. Harry often found himself in the middle of an essay wondering what he had even been taught the week before.

Hermione, whom he had assumed would give him a hand, was also finding it hard to balance her homework with her Head duties, and being extremely on edge these days, refused to let Harry and Ron copy, something which they both found aggravating.

If it hadn’t been for Quidditch, the two boys might have lost their heads all ready. It seemed as if this was the only thing to keep them sane. But even Quidditch was requiring more work, longer training hours, and constant lack of sleep. The Gryffindor verses Hufflepuff match was only three weeks away, and Harry was still trying to get his team to work together.

“Ginny, stop being a ball hog!” yelled Seamus down the pitch at practice one night.

Ginny turned around. “It’s not my fault that you aren’t paying attention. At least one of us will be getting some points for us against Hufflepuff!”

Harry interrupted the argument before Seamus could retaliate.

“Seamus, be quiet and focus on your game…no-one else’s.” Seamus opened his mouth to speak, but Harry ignored him. “Ginny, you aren’t the only Chaser. Pass the ball around and try to make some plays.”

Ginny glared at him, and Seamus flew off to the other end of the pitch, muttering under his breath.

Harry sighed and looked at Ron.

“I think you’re going to have to do some repair work before Ginny will talk to you again, mate,” said Ron.

“Look, if she doesn’t think that I am doing a good enough job as Captain, she can take over. It’s not like I haven’t got enough things to do without trying to settle fights with her and Seamus every second.”

Unfortunately for Harry, Ginny had heard him. She tossed her head, and flew off down the pitch to join Seamus and Dean, looking positively livid.

Ron turned back to Harry. “By the looks of things, Harry, I suggest you crack open that book I gave you. Twelve Fail Safe Ways to Charm Witches.”

Harry scowled and flew off to talk to Peakes and Coote. It just wasn’t his day.
***

“I’m sorry.”

“No, you’re not,” Ginny said with an expressionless face.

Harry sighed, “Okay, I’m not. Can’t you just get along with Seamus?”

“Get along with him? He thinks he’s God’s gift to Quidditch. He can’t even shoot straight!” Ginny exclaimed.

“By the looks of things you aren’t exactly acting humble out there either.”

Ginny put her hands on her hips. “Oh sure, of course you guys would stick together. Don’t listen to Ginny. She’s only your star player, and your girlfriend.”

“Listen Ginny”“

“No, you listen. We have an important game against Hufflepuff coming up. You’ve been too soft on everyone! Two practices a week? Hufflepuff is getting three! If you don’t start running these practises right, you’re going to be short a Chaser,” she yelled before storming through the portrait.

“Ginny…wait!” But she was gone.

The Fat Lady chuckled. “Looks like you need some help, young man.”
***

“Decided to follow some of my advice then?” said Ron, as he entered the dormitory an hour later. He gestured towards the gold book in Harry’s hand.

Harry just ignored him.

“You know, I would listen to some of that stuff Ginny’s been trying to tell you. Our practices are pretty slow and”” he glanced over to make sure Seamus wasn’t in the room, “”Seamus needs a good kick in the arse.”

Harry put the book down rather forcefully. “You know what she told me?”

Ron just looked at him.

“She threatened to quit! You know what that will do to our chances?”

Ron smiled. “You know Ginny, she can be very touchy about some things. It just goes with the Weasley stubbornness. Talk to her in the morning when you’ll both be cooled down.”

Harry sighed, “You’re right, Ron.” He tossed Twelve Fail Safe Ways to Charm Witches into his trunk and decided to start on his Herbology homework.

“Hey Ron, what is the charm used to stop a Wiggler from spraying everywhere?”

“Dunno, I would say to ask Hermione, but you’d probably just get screamed at.”

“How do you know?” asked Harry.

“I just asked her.”

***

Ginny still wasn’t talking to Harry at breakfast the next morning. She sat beside him, but ignored him and, Harry noticed, crunched her bacon so forcefully that Harry was sure that she must have ground it into a thousand little pieces.

This rather solemn breakfast, with Ginny so quiet, and Ron and Harry exchanging looks was broken when Hermione came running through the Great Hall.

“Oh you’ll never believe it. This is the most exciting news!” she exclaimed, out of breath as practically all eyes turned to her.

“What is it?” asked Ginny, speaking for the first time.

“Your Mum just sent an owl, and it opened before I could give it to you. Oh Ginny, Ron…it’s just so exciting!”

“WHAT?” The three of them asked.

“Fleur’s pregnant.”
***

The news about Fleur put everyone in an excited mood. Ron was telling anyone who would listen that he was going to be an uncle. Percy had been so excited that he had postponed the date of their latest assignment, much to the delight of the students.

Hermione, Ginny and Luna talked about everything from diapers to whether they thought it would be a boy or girl, and what to name it, until Professor Flitwick came up to them.

“Ladies, as excited as I am sure you are right now, that baby that you are talking about is not due for nine months, while your charms essay is due at the end of the class so I suggest you stop the chatter and get to work,” he said with a slight smile.
***

That night, Harry decided to take Ron’s advice and approached Ginny after dinner.

“Ginny…” he started.

“I’m busy, Harry,” she said coldly continuing to write a long note.

“What is that you’re writing?” asked Harry, gesturing towards the piece of parchment.

“It’s a letter to Fleur,” she said, not bothering to elaborate.

“Oh…” Harry didn’t know what to say. “Ginny, I wanted to talk to you.”

She looked up at him expectantly.

“I’m sorry for the way I treated you the other day.” She waited for him to continue. “It’s just that I’ve been really on edge these past few weeks with homework, and the match coming up soon, and all those girls who keep pestering me for a photograph.”

Her expression softened. “I know that Harry. It’s just that I wish you would stop treating me different than the boys on the team. It’s like you think I’m not capable of doing whatever, and you are always trying to stop me from doing something.”

“That’s not it Ginny. I know that you are a fantastic player. It’s just that Seamus is new to the team, and I guess he thought that he would be a star or something. If you’d just give him a chance or something…”

“Well you could have told me that in the first place!”

“I tried to,” Harry explained calmly, “but you took it the wrong way.”

She looked down. “I guess I did jump to conclusions. I’m sorry.”

He pulled her into a hug. “From now on, we talk things through first, okay?”

“Agreed,” she murmured.

He pulled away. “Well, I guess I should head to bed and let you finish your story, or whatever it is you’re writing to Fleur.” He gave her a quick kiss before heading up the stairs while she smiled.

“So, what’s up?” asked Ron.

“She’s writing a novel to Fleur on how to raise a child,” said Harry as he pulled on his pajamas and crawled into bed.

“Not that,” exclaimed Ron. “How’d it go? Is she talking to you again?”

“Yeah, we made up, but I better watch it around her from now on.”

Neville’s voice travelled over from the other side of the room. “Girls are nothing but trouble, it’s better to pretend you want nothing to do with them.”

Harry looked at him, with a bemused expression. “Have you ever considered psychology, Neville?”

“Nope, never heard of it.”

Ron smiled. “Goodnight, Neville.”

***
End Notes:
*Gasp* Fleur's pregnant! And Harry and Ginny had their first fight! Did you like it? Let me know with a review! The first memories are coming up soon so stay tuned!

--ginnygirl16
Gryffindor Verse Hufflepuff by ginnygirl16
Author's Notes:
Sorry for the delay! Hopefully you will like it. Thanks again to MJ_Padfoot and Afifa for beta-ing. --ginnygirl16
As the Quidditch match approached, the pressure on Harry to win the upcoming game put him in a miserable mood, so that not even Hermione and Ron wanted to be around him.

At the last practise he had yelled at Peakes and Coote so much that they left in a surlier temper than there captain.

Ginny had refused to speak to him all night, and Dean and Seamus glared at him and whispered behind his back mutinously whenever Harry passed.

Indeed, he was rapidly loosing his fans in the Gryffindor house. Everywhere he went he was jeered at.

“What’s the matter, Potter? You can defeat the Dark Lord but you can’t get a team together? What? Do you think Quidditch is beneath you or something?”

Ginny, Ron, and Hermione offered him no sympathy.
“It’s just a Quidditch match, mate,” said Ron. Only the day before, Harry had told Ron off after missing a Quaffle.

“You wouldn’t understand, Ron. You’re not the Chosen One. They don’t expect anything from you. But if I loose this Quidditch match, I’m going to be the enemy, not the hero.”

“You’ve dealt with worse, Harry,” said
Hermione. “Remember Umbridge? She did horrible things to you. And after all you’ve been through, getting through a match shouldn’t be a problem.”

Harry groaned. He had been getting this same lecture every time that he complained to one of them. “Yes, but when Umbridge was here, I didn’t have to worry about Quidditch. I wasn’t allowed to play. Remember?”

Ginny sighed. “It’s hopeless, you two. I’ve tried to make him see that he’s wrong, and it just doesn’t work like that. You know how Harry is, if something doesn’t go his way, it’s his fault.”

“I can hear you,” said Harry, glaring.

Ron ignored him and said, “Well, when we win the match he’ll see that there was nothing to worry about.”

“Yeah, when we win. Which a seriously doubt. I’m going to bed,” muttered Harry, heading up to his dormitory looking thoroughly dejected.

Ron, Hermione, and Ginny sighed before turning to their unfinished Charms essays.
*~*

“And Harry Potter is back, returning from his year’s absence. Everyone is quite excited to see the team he’s put together this year, which consists almost entirely of his classmates, with the exception of Peakes and Coote. AND THERE OFF!”

As Madame Hooch tossed the quaffle up, Harry saw Ginny dart forwards, grab the quaffle, and raced off. He would have grinned, if he hadn’t been feeling so nervous about the match.

“And Ginny Weasley has the quaffle. She’s developed into quite a player. And look at that form! I’m not just talking about Quidditch here, people!

Harry turned to glare at Zacharias Smith, who was announcing the match. If he wasn’t on this broom right now he’d… but luckily McGonagall got there first.

“Quite uncalled for, Smith! You’re to be commentating on the match. Period.”

Harry turned and focused his attention back on the game, just as Ginny scored the first goal of the game, putting Gryffindor up ten nothing.

The sea of red and gold in the stand cheered and clapped, waving around banners, and chanting, “Weasley is our queen!

Harry smiled, and from the corner of his eye, he could see Ron leading in the chant from the Gryffindor goal posts.
As he circled above, Ginny made two more goals before Hufflepuff finally scored, giving the yellow and black fans something to cheer about.

“Weasley passes to Finnigan. Finnigan back to Weasley. Weasley to Thomas. Thomas to Finnigan. Finnigan…SCORE!”

Seamus whooped up and down, and almost fell off his broom before giving a victory lap to the cheering Gryffindors.

“SEAMUS! GET YOUR BUTT DOWN THE PITCH AND PLAY THE GAME!” Yelled Harry, though he couldn’t help but to
laugh.

Half an hour later the score was Gryffindor: 150. Hufflepuff: 130. The tension mounting, Harry searched desperately around for a glimpse of gold.

Then he saw it. It was fluttering right beside the Hufflepuff seeker”the idiot.

Harry darted towards him, and as he did so, the seeker turned and saw the snitch.

“AND POTTER’S SEEN THE SNITCH! NOW HE AND TAYLOR ARE CHASING IT!” Screamed Smith from the stands. “GO HUFFLEPUFF!”

“Smith! This is not meant to be a one-sided commentary,” said Professor McGonagall, but nobody was paying attention to what Smith said anyways.

As Harry turned around a post, gaining on Taylor, the crowed gasped. THUD!

Everything was spinning. He felt as if he had collided with the brick walls of Hogwarts. Disoriented, and his head throbbing, Harry lowered himself to the ground, stumbling off his broom.

He looked up, and there was Taylor, grinning widely, with the snitch fluttering helplessly in his hands.

Harry looked down, dismayed. If only Taylor hadn’t turned. If only he had accelerated sooner. And bloody hell…what in Merlin’s pants had just hit him.

The Hufflepuffs were cheering so loudly that Harry felt like his ears were hurting more than his head. The Gryffindor team was making their way to the ground, looking dejected. But…wait…

Madam Hooch was blowing her whistle and flying to the ground, demanding to speak with the captains. As Harry stumbled towards her, he couldn’t understand what was going on. Hufflepuff had won…hadn’t they?

After talking with the captains, Madam Hooch took over the microphone from an ecstatic Smith.

“Harry, what’s going on?” asked Ginny, as Harry came over, grinning ear to ear.

“Just listen,” was all he said. He was still having trouble walking straight.

“Hufflepuff has forfeited this match, after their Beater made a deliberate attempt to injure the Gryffindor captain!” began Madam Hooch, to the many cheers of the Gryffindors, and boos from the Hufflepuffs and Slytherins.

“While this usually results in a penalty shot; because the Seeker was in the act of catching the snitch, the opposing team must forfeit the game at the discretion of the official. Unsportsmanlike conduct, coupled with the unofficial broom that I have just received notice one of the Hufflepuff players is riding, gives this match to GRYFFINDOR!”
~*~

Late that night, after the celebration party had finally ended, (Percy had stormed into the Common Room, and threatened that the entire house would be put into detention if they didn’t calm down,) Harry made his way up to the dormitory.

When he arrived he noticed a large parcel sitting on his bed.

Knowing who it was from, he shut the curtains, and excitedly tore off the wrapping to reveal his Pensieve. He pulled out the box of memories, which he had carefully packed in his trunk and pulled out one of the vials from the end of the box. It read:

September 2nd,1971
~*~
End Notes:
Please leave a review! --ginnygirl16
Potter, meet Evans by ginnygirl16
Author's Notes:
Okay, so here it is lads! The moment you've all been waiting for (yes, I know it has been for some time now). I've been busy with other stories, but I can't tell you how good it is to click on this story under my 'manage stories'. With school approaching shortly, I'm hoping I'll have more time to sit down and write some more for you, so I expect the updates to be much quicker from now on. A big thanks to Azhure for beta-ing and Equinox Chick for being my brilliant brit-picker.

A/N: I will be going in and editing some chapters to add more scenes in the next while so keep checking those!
~ginnygirl16~

As Harry put his head into the Pensieve, he felt the dormitory dissolving around him, as he became engulfed in a swirling motion. In just a moment, though, the world materialised again and he found himself in the Transfiguration corridor.

If he didn’t know for himself that this was twenty-seven years earlier, he would have thought he hadn’t left his time. The hall looked the same, and the gargoyle was still guarding the entrance.

Harry was just trying to figure out the significance of the Transfiguration corridor when two voices carried down the hall, and he turned to see two black-haired boys, one with glasses, coming down the corridor.

He leapt to the side, even though he was invisible to them. In truth, the idea of his father walking through him would have been slightly unnerving.

“Puddlemere United? I don’t think I can be friends with you anymore, Sirius,” joked James, as they hurried down the corridor, carrying their book bags. Evidently, they were late for class, as Harry couldn’t see another student.

“Come on, then. What’s your team? Wait! Don’t tell me… the Appleby Arrows, right?”

When James didn’t say anything, Sirius’ expression turned to a one of glee. “You’re joking? The Appleby Arrows? Merlin, that’s funny!”

“Shut up,” James said, but he was also grinning. “Come on “ we’re already late for class, and it is only the first day.”

The boys hurried down the corridor, and Harry had to run to keep up with them. When they entered the classroom, he squeezed through the open door and saw Professor McGonagall sitting at her desk, same as always.

When she saw the boys, though, she peered over her glasses, and the look she gave them was one that Harry recognised as the one reserved for making people quiver.

“Boys, you’re late.” She said each word separately, and even though she barely opened her mouth, the words could be heard ringing through the classroom.

“Yes, Professor. We know. You see, Sirius and I couldn’t find our way here, but one of the ghosts pointed us this way, and here we are,” said James, flashing a smile that Harry could see had been practiced and was used to get out of trouble.

“Well, that is surprising. Have you had a memory charm placed on you recently?”

“No, Professor. Why do you ask?” Sirius grinned.

“Because it seems strange that you could forget your way here so quickly. Why, only yesterday, Mr Filch told me that he found you here hiding Dungbombs when you were supposed to be in the Great Hall for the welcoming feast.” McGonagall gave them a knowing look, and the boys’ smiles dropped.

“Next time, points will be docked. Take your seats, please,” said the professor as she pointed them to two seats near the back of the class.

The boys made their way to the assigned seats, and McGonagall cleared her throat. “Now, as we are all finally here, I will begin this class. Transfiguration is some of the most complex and dangerous magic you will learn at Hogwarts. Anyone messing around in my class will leave and not come back. You have been warned.” Her gaze rested on Sirius and James as she said this, and Harry couldn’t help but notice that the speech felt familiar, before he realised that the professor had given him that very same one during his first class eight years ago.

McGonagall went on to explain certain elements of Transfiguration, receiving an impressed applause when she transfigured her desk into a pig.

Throughout this whole lecture, though, James and Sirius sat at the back of the class and doodled rude pictures on each other’s books, careful not to laugh too loudly, and shoved their books away whenever the professor looked at them.

For their lack of attention, Harry would have thought that they would have difficulty when they were given matchsticks to transfigure, but by the end of the class, only the two of them had a silvery needle to show the professor.

“Remarkable. Why, I’ve never had a student transfigure that on their first day,” said McGonagall, clearly impressed. “I’m glad to see you were able to pay attention, at least for part of the class.” She gave them approving nods.

Hermione would love to see that, thought Harry, as he remembered how Hermione had only gotten traces of silver out of her needle on the first day.

He followed the boys to the next class, which happened to be History of Magic.

When Professor Binns began to speak, Sirius nudged James. “No wonder he’s dead. Listening to this lecture everyday would kill anyone.”

James laughed and then said to Sirius, “Maybe we could liven things up a bit, eh?”

Harry watched as the boys rifled through their textbooks, looking for a spell, and five minutes later, James nudged Sirius, pointing to a page in his book.

“Umm, excuse me, Professor Binns?” called James, and the professor looked up, clearly annoyed that anyone would dare interrupt his lecture.

“Yes, what is it, Pickle, or whatever your name is?”

“Well, you know how you were describing how Uric the Oddball was changing his hair colour every day? Well, I was wondering what’s so odd about that. I mean, my father told me that Muggles colour their hair all the time. Don’t you think something like this “” he flicked his wand, ““ would freshen things up?”

A girl below screamed as she grabbed her hair, and despite the fact that it was now vivid pink, the shocked green eyes gave Lily Evans away. Many of the girls were now glaring daggers at James, while the boys laughed loudly, and Sirius was practically doubled over in his seat.

Lily made her way up to James, and in a voice of forced calm, said, “Fix it… please.”

“I don’t think so, Evans. I think pink actually looks quite nice on you. It brings out your eyes, you know what I mean?” He gave her a wink.

The class was now roaring with laughter. Professor Binns was looking at the scene, utterly bewildered, and choosing not to say anything.

“What did you say your name was?” asked Lily, who was now looking positively murderous. If James could have heard him, Harry would have told his father to run, but as it was, James just grinned at her cheekily.

“I didn’t, but seeing as you are so desperate to know me, my name is Potter, but you can call me James.”

“No. Potter will work just fine, and we’ll see what Professor McGonagall has to say about this.”

She turned to leave.

“No, wait, Evans. I was just teasing; your hair looks better in red. Let me fix it for you.”

Lily turned back slowly. “On second thought, I think I’ll keep it pink.” She turned and flounced her hair over her shoulders as she made her way back to her seat.

Binns, who looked as if he hadn’t seen anything like this before, must have decided to pretend nothing had happened and carried on with his lesson, while James’ eyes followed Lily, curiously.

Sirius was still laughing. In fact, Harry could see tears streaming down his face as he turned to James. “That was brilliant. Did you see her face? And Binns looked as if he had been petrified.”

James laughed. “Yeah, it was good. I wonder why she wouldn’t let me change it back, though.”

Sirius rolled his eyes. “Because she thinks you’re a total moron.”

“Oh.”

They started talking again, but as Harry leaned in to try and hear them, he felt the room begin to move, and he saw that the world was now spinning. He felt dizzy, but just like before, it was gone before he realised it, and he was standing back in the boys’ dormitory.

He stood there for a moment, taking in all he had seen, when Ron’s voice carried from outside and Harry hastily packed up the Pensieve and memories. He had only just shoved them under his bed when Ron entered.

“What was that?” asked Ron, trying to look at what Harry had just kicked under the bed.

“What was what?”

Ron looked at Harry curiously, but then shook his head. “Never mind. You know what? I just walked past Hermione and Ginny, and guess what they were doing?”

When Harry looked at him and didn’t say anything, he continued, “They were writing another letter to Fleur about how to raise her daughter, and when I asked what would happen if it was a boy, they glared at me and didn’t say anything. Aren’t girls so weird?”

Harry just laughed. “Whatever you say, Ron.”
End Notes:
Alright, so I"ve taken entirely too long to update this, but if you would all be so kind as to leave a review, I would love you forever!
~ginnyrgirl16~
A Relaxing Evening and Malfoy's Mysterious Behaviour by ginnygirl16
Author's Notes:
Sorry for the very long delay! This chapter has been done for sometime now, but I've only just found the time to finish it up. Hope you enjoy it. Thanks to Emma for beta-ing and as always, feel free to leave a review!
“Harry? Harry! Are you even listening to me?” Ginny waved A History of Magic in front of Harry’s face, and only then did he become aware that she was talking to him. They were sitting in front of the fireplace in an almost empty common room, early Saturday evening. Ginny had parchment and a quill in front of her, and Harry had his arm casually thrown around her shoulders as she attempted to finish her homework.

He shook his head. “Sorry, Ginny. What were you saying?”

Ginny sighed. “Never mind. What’s with you, anyway? You haven’t been listening to me for the past fifteen minutes.”

“Yes, I have,” said Harry, untruthfully.

Ginny looked at him in disbelief. “And what was I saying?”

“You were talking about…erm…well, I don’t remember now.”

Ginny laughed. “Well, I was trying to tell you about Lavender and Seamus, but obviously you don’t think that it is very interesting.”

Harry grinned sheepishly. “Sorry, Ginny. I was just thinking. How does Ron feel about it?”

Ginny grinned. “He doesn’t know yet. He and Hermione still haven’t come back from patrolling, even though Hermione promised to help me with my Herbology assignment.” She sighed. “And they think we’re bad.”

Harry smirked as he stood up from the couch they were sitting on.

“Where are you going, Harry?” Ginny asked suspiciously.

He took her hand and pulled her up. “You just gave me an idea. Why don’t we go for a walk outside? It’s a great evening.”

Ginny looked out the windows at the grey skies. She could see the leaves on the Whomping Willow shaking in the crisp autumn wind. “A nice day? Really, Harry. And what about my homework?”

Harry laughed. “You have all weekend to do your homework. And I guarantee that Hermione won’t be back from patrolling for at least another hour.” He winked.

Ginny smiled. “All right,” she conceded. “I’ll just go and get my jacket.” She ran up the stairs, and Harry turned to look out the window again. He could see Hagrid outside in his large pumpkin patch, Fang at his heels, nipping at each leaf that dropped from the trees. The scene itself could have been picturesque if Harry thought about it. But his mind was drifting far from the cold, brisk autumn evening to thirty eight years previously. He had yet to make another trip in the Pensieve. Quidditch practice and homework interfered with his plans to use the memories Remus had given him. In the past week, however, he had thought more about his past then ever before. Or, rather, about his parent’s past.

Ginny’s voice interrupted his thoughts. “I’m ready, Harry. Are you coming or what?”

“Harry Potter at your service, Miss.” She laughed at his poor impression and took his hand as they headed out through the portrait.

~*~

“Where the hell have you two been?” asked Ron, when Harry and Ginny finally stumbled into the common room three hours later. Ginny’s cheeks were red from the cold wind, and Harry’s hair was messier then usual.

“We went for a walk,” said Ginny, in response, “and don’t even think about asking us why. This prat,” she gestured at Harry, “thought it was a “nice evening” to go for a walk.”

Harry laughed as he strolled over to warm his hands over the fireplace. “Well, I figured we couldn’t let you two have all the fun.” He inclined his head towards Ron and Hermione who were curled up on the couch.

“What do you mean?” asked Ron, stupidly.

“Oh, Ron! Please don’t pretend that you voluntarily patrolled for two hours. There must be some catch.”

Hermione blushed, and Ron’s ears went pink, but he grinned anyway. “Well, me and Hermione, we have lots to get done. You have no idea how many Fanged Frisbees we had to confiscate today.”

“I’m quite sure I do, and they are all probably upstairs hiding in your trunk,” laughed Ginny. “But it’s all right, Ron. Harry and I both know how you like to spend quality time together.” Ron looked as if he was trying very hard not to smile, but soon they were all laughing.

~*~

Potions was the only class Harry had with the Slytherins this year, and it was with a great deal of reluctance that he descended the stairs to the dungeons the next morning. He had been trying his best to avoid the green and silver clad students since the beginning of the year. He told himself that this was to avoid any arguments, but deep down he knew that it was seeing people like Goyle who scared him the most. Without the bulk of Crabbe beside him, the few glimpses of Goyle Harry had had, showed a nervous, lonely boy. And underneath his hatred for the house, Harry couldn’t help but feel pity for some of the students.

As Harry entered the potions classroom, he could see Slughorn writing on the chalkboard. As he took his seat, Slughorn turned around and faced the class.

“No need to take out your cauldrons today. Please copy down the following into your note book and then read chapter three of The History of Potion Making for the remainder of class. For homework, answer questions one to ten at the back of your text book,” Slughorn’s voice boomed from the front of the class.

The class was filled with groans as the all students took out their quills and began to copy down the notes Slughorn had written. When he opened his text book, the watch on Harry’s wrist read eleven-thirty.

Great, another forty-five minutes to go, thought Harry, as he gloomily opened his book to chapter three.

“Hey, Potter! Move your fat head. What’s the matter, one of ginger’s spells go wrong?”

Harry’s could feel his heart beating louder with every word spoken. Beside him, Ron was shaking with anger. Finally, when Harry caught the words “dirty Mudblood friend” he had had enough, but just as he was about to turn around he heard another voice, one that was very familiar.

“Shut your ugly face, Zeal. I can’t concentrate over here.”

Ron and Harry stared at each other with eyes wide, before whipping around to see Draco Malfoy glaring across at Quintus Zeal. When he saw Harry and Ron, though, he reverted his eyes, and stared at his parchment.

Before Harry had enough time to make any sense out of this, Slughorn decided to take a stroll around the classroom, checking how everyone was coming along. Harry was forced to return to his Potions book. This time, however, the page might as well have been blank, for he stared without seeing as his brain tried to digest everything that had just happened. He was used to Slytherin abuse, but why had Malfoy stood up for him?
End Notes:
What do you think? Leave a review and let me know!
--ginnygirl16
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=82795