Pieles Pelliccia by Sainyn Swiftfoot
Summary: Joe Kingston, millionaire CEO, never knew what was happening under the floors of the building that housed his office...

That is, until he was taken there captive...

Written for the Written Word challenge over at the Boards. I am Sainyn Swiftfoot of Hufflepuff.
Categories: Orphan Characters: None
Warnings: Violence
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: No Word count: 1290 Read: 1878 Published: 04/01/09 Updated: 04/01/09
Story Notes:
This is the first Twilight fic I'm writing, so I'm sorry if it isn't all that very good!

1. Chapter 1 by Sainyn Swiftfoot

Chapter 1 by Sainyn Swiftfoot
Joe J Kingston cracked his knuckles, smoothed down his suit and walked out of his office room, into a long corridor with a thick carpet underneath. Lights lit up the whole way, and Joe walked forward, smiling at those of his staff that were still here at this time.

To look at, the building was a magnificent structure of cement and glass, handsome and modern. The interior was plush, well decorated, and looked like the home of any top earning company. Joe's room, or rather suite, looked like that of any other CEO. However, beneath the floors of the building, lay a dark and terrible place.

Joe nodded to the attendant at the front office, and walked out of the swivelling doors. His Ferrari was waiting at the door, and he got in. The car moved out of the building, and he cruised down the roads of the city, making for the outskirts.

After driving for around half an hour, with the music on full blast, Joe reached a large, ominous looking fence. The lands enclosed within the fence were large, dark and full of trees, with rustles and grunts barely carrying towards him. Joe stalled his car at a part of the fence, plucked a card out of his wallet, and pressed it into a rod on the fence. It went through, and Joe swiped the card. The fence slowly, smoothly opened up, and Joe drove in. He stopped the car just as he entered the woods, and left the car behind a tree- safe from prying eyes.

Jumping out, he slowly removed his shirt and kept it aside, and did the same thing with his pants. He breathed in slowly, and then, with a shriek, his body started to convulse. He shuddered, his hair drew into his scalp and shot out again- now hair seemed to be growing all over his body.

Two minutes later, where there had stood Joe J Kingston, millionaire CEO, now stood a large, black, drooling wolf.

He growled deeply and walked forward, slowly adjusting to his body. And then, once he had become fully comfortable, he set off on a run, winding through the trees, dashing forward as fast as he could. He fully enjoyed the thrill of air running through his back, jumping and dodging around the trees. He jumped through two trees- and landed right in front of three men standing next to van.

Joe tried to move back slowly, but the men had spotted him. The men all wore khakhi, and had long, thin guns with them. At looking at him, they immediately cocked their guns and pointed. For a second there was complete silence, save for the rustling of bushes as a bird took flight, and then, suddenly, Joe turned around and started to run. He had escaped! He had managed to-

He felt a searing pain in his shoulder, and desperately tried to move on, but he couldn't. He collapsed on the ground, heacing and breathing heavily, and looked at his shoulder. A large tranquilizer dart was stuck there. His sight slowly started to dim, and he could barely make out the three men coming nearer. He heard them mention something about enough animals being caught, and then all he could see was black.

*


When he awoke, Joe was in a large van. Around him, tens of unconscious animals of all kinds lay in cages like the one he was in. He was about to growl, but stopped just in time- those people didn't need to know that he had awoken. How could he escape? He batted a paw at the lock, but it didn't budge- however, he could easily do that if he was a human. He could sense that the three men were in the front, and making sure that no one was watching, he started to transform.

Except that... he couldn't.

Joe slumped on the floor, confused and scared. He had never been unable to transform back before. Why wasn't it working? He arrived at the conclusion that it was probably because the tranquillizer's effects were still present, and so he waited there, for what seemed like an eternity. Who were these men? What were they doing on his personal property? No one except himself and some of the employees at his business knew about it...

Slowly, the van came to a halt. It stopped for a few minutes, and then started on again. Finally, it stopped, and the doors were opened. They had stopped outside a large building- wait! Joe drew in his breath. He could identify that building anywhere- he spent ten hours there everyday!

The cages were unloaded from the van- and just before someone picked up his cage, he fell down and pretended to be unconscious. Through his half-opened eyes, he saw people carrying the cages down, towards a side door- and under the building. Joe felt realization shoot through him, and with that came fear, great pangs of dread burying deep into him. They were taking him to the slaughterhouse, where the animals were stripped off their fur to supply the fur industry- for that was what Joe's occupation was. He was a baron of the fur industry, CEO of the internationally acclaimed Pieles Pelliccia , the top fur industry in the world.

And he was going into the slaughterhouse- not as CEO of the company, but as a wolf- god damn raw material for his industry.

He had never been here before, Joe was very good at delegating work... So it was for the first time that Joe saw the cemented walls around him, the drowning heat, the cages upon cages- and the people. All the people!

The stench was unimaginable, as was the noise. Joe, used to luxury suites and top-notch facilities, felt disgusted by the barbarianism of it all. As they progressed, however, it became worse. When they stopped, they through all the cages down, and the people moved away. Joe slowly got up, and looked around. What he saw completely disgusted him.

Men- large, burly men, were holding ferrets, rabbits and even cats, and despite their pitiful howls, were hitting them again and again on a table, till they became limp and motionless. The men then held on to a bit of fur, and pulled- and with a sickening noise, the fur tore off the animals. Some of the animals were still alive when they were doing this, and their yowls and sobs were too much for Joe to bear.

He turned away, but the sight on the other side was no better. Animals were being dunked into water by their heads, till they died of suffocation. Red and blue wires were being clipped onto their genitals and body, and with a click of a switch, their bodies became taut for a second and then fell down, dead. A man held what looked like a chinchilla by its head, and held its legs with another hand. With a pull, there was a snap, and the chinchilla's vertebrae was pulled out of its socket, and it lay on the floor. It was still twitching miserably, but the man took out a knife, carefully ripped out a part of its neck, held and pulled. The fur came off, and the man hung it up to dry. The chinchilla was thrown aside, onto a pile of motionless bodies.

Joe had killed before, with his very own hands- but that was when he had phased into his werewolf form, but that was only because of instinct and for food- it was the natural way of the forest. But this... this was carnage. And this was what was happening for every minute, every day, underneath the beautiful interiors of his building
End Notes:
I hope you liked it!
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=82862