Triwizard Tournament—A story of three reporters. by Vittoria
Summary: The Triwizard Tournament is about to make its return. This is the story of three reporters, who have different points of view. One always considers reporting the Truth; another is besotted with the romantic aspect of an issue whilst the third is concerned with oddities that are hardly related to the matter at hand. Let's see what these three reporters, working for different magazines and newspapers, make of this news…

I am Vittoria of Ravenclaw house and this is my entry for the Second Task of the Mugglenet Triwizard Tournament

I would also like to thank Julia/ Treacle_Heart for beta'ing this fic.
Categories: General Fics Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1025 Read: 1890 Published: 05/01/09 Updated: 05/01/09

1. Chapter 1 by Vittoria

Chapter 1 by Vittoria
Prologue:

A reporter is the most influential person in the world. Undoubtedly, thousands of people read his/her articles in newspapers and magazines and tend to believe him. This is because he reports the truth. But have you ever felt that sometimes we read what the reporters want us to read? Every reporter's style is different, so are their views and tastes.

I now ask you to travel with me to Great Britain to take a sneak peek into the Wizarding world of the modern ages. You might have noticed that a great deal of excitement is persistent everywhere. The reason? The Triwizard Tournament is about to make its return. This is the story of three reporters, who have different points of view. One always considers reporting the Truth; another is besotted with the romantic aspect of an issue whilst the third is concerned with oddities that are hardly related to the matter at hand. Let's see what these three reporters, working for different magazines and newspapers, make of this news…

An extract from The Wizard's Daily, 14th April, 2010:

Triwizard Tournament Returns?

It has been tried before but ended with the death of a student. After much deliberation and discussion, the top three Wizarding schools in Europe, (Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, Beauxbatons Academy of Magic and The Durmstrang Institute) have come to the conclusion that the Triwizard Tournament should be conducted in the best interests of the students, as it will help build a stronger bond among wizards and witches of this age. The Triwizard Tournament is a traditional competition which was founded about seven hundred years ago. The contest was a series of tasks held to test the participant's magical knowledge, daring and their ability to cope with danger. The tasks held were extremely dangerous and the participants were chosen by an impartial judge-- The Goblet of Fire. The competition was carried out in good faith until the death occurrences reached a high number. After a whole century's break, the Tournament was reinstated by Albus Dumbledore, who was the then Headmaster of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. It is of course widely known that the Goblet of Fire, chose four champions instead of three; the fourth being the famous Harry Potter.

The year also saw You-Know-Who, the most dangerous sorcerer known to wizard-kind, rise to power again thirteen years after he had suffered his defeat at the hands of Harry Potter. Cedric Diggory, Hogwarts champion, became the first victim of marking His return. It is believed that under his orders, a Death Eater (You-Know-Who's supporter) impersonated the famous, former and late Auror Alastor 'Mad-Eye' Moody to gain entrance to Hogwarts as a teacher. Moody was to teach 'Defence Against the Dark Arts' in the school. The age restriction imposed as a safety measure on the Tournament was violated when Imposter Moody entered Harry Potter's name for the tournament. Harry was then in his fourth year at Hogwarts and struggled to keep pace with the older participants. The tasks were undoubtedly dangerous; the students had to overcome Dragons, rescue their beloved ones from Merpeople, and had to overcome perilous obstacles to reach the Triwizard Cup placed in the maze.

~*~




An extract from The Witch Weekly, 21st April, 2010:

Triwizard Tournament-- The Reality!

The Triwizard Tournament is really as dangerous as it is claimed to be. Yes, it has broken many hearts and some have found a new life in it. In the most recently conducted Triwizard Tournament, reality hit our faces like Stinksap. We found a troubled, teenage soul, devoid of love and affection, continually harassed by the thought of his dead parents. Yes, I am talking about Harry Potter-- The Boy Who Lived. The orphaned boy had faced death many a time and was pushed into participating in the Tournament by a Death Eater in a teacher's garb. Brave and valiant as he is, Harry set out to battle all the terrible tests of the Tournament. However, he had to put up with the loss of a girlfriend in Hermione Granger and the lack of parents or guardians to provide him moral support throughout the Tournament. And to add insult to the injury, Hermione Granger's escort to the Yule Ball was Viktor Krum, the famous Bulgarian Quidditch player and the chosen champion for The Durmstrang Institute. It is now well known that Hermione Granger is wedded to Ronald Weasley, ironically the best friend of the ‘Chosen One.’ Unfortunately, both Harry Potter and Viktor Krum were unavailable for comment. We caught up with the famous and charming Rita Skeeter, former reporter for the Daily Prophet, who has more to say on the subject. To read her exclusive interview with us, turn to page 30...

~*~



An extract from The Quibbler, 7th April, 2010:

The Triwizard Tournament”A Danger to the Aquivarius Maggots!

The return of the Triwizard Tournament poses great danger to the Aquivarius Maggots species which are on the verge of extinction. It is believed that in the recently hosted Tournament, Aquivarius Maggots became victims to the unfeeling organisers of the event. “The species which lives in the lake at Hogwarts has slowly been withering away. The process has been accelerated by the massacring wizards, who claimed that they only wanted to protect the champions during the Second Task,” asserts the Quibbler’s former chief editor, Xenophilius Lovegood.

Percy Weasley, the then judge of the Second Task, rubbished the matter by saying that such a species never even existed.

Says Xeno Lovegood, “It is a pity that wizard kind knows so little about such amazing magical creatures. I try my best to erase this ignorance using this magazine as a medium.”

And that is not all! He claims that the famed Goblet of Fire, the impartial judge which chooses the champions, was ignited every time using a spark of fire from Heliopaths that were held captive by cruel wizards.

“It only remains to see what other atrocities will be committed by our fellow wizards and witches in an attempt to “fraternise with our foreign counterparts” as they so put it,” Lovegood says.The topic will be continued in the next edition.

The End!
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=83112