Ginny's Love by The Marauder
Summary: After Sirius' death Harry is in his own private world of misery, but with Ginny's love and a plan to bring together his best friends, he is brought back to reality with much more than he expected...
Categories: Ron/Hermione AND Harry/Ginny Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 12 Completed: Yes Word count: 21905 Read: 51106 Published: 01/01/05 Updated: 08/14/05

1. The Letter by The Marauder

2. Whatever it takes by The Marauder

3. The Morning After by The Marauder

4. Secret Refuge Part 1 by The Marauder

5. Secret Refuge Part II by The Marauder

6. The Prank by The Marauder

7. Behind the Door by The Marauder

8. The Third Task by The Marauder

9. A Long Morning by The Marauder

10. Facing the Consequences by The Marauder

11. A Wish by The Marauder

12. Written in the Stars by The Marauder

The Letter by The Marauder
Disclaimer: Jo's lovely characters, not mine...

A/N: The way the story works is, you see the scene from one of their point of views, and then from the other's. This way you get to see what they're really thinking behind their words/actions...alright, on to the story, thanks for reading!


*Harry's POV*

Harry,
If you’re reading this then yes I have passed on. As soon as the Order started back up I knew that there was a possibility this would happen, but like I tried to explain…there are some things that are worth dieing for. Our cause, stopping Voldemort, protecting you…Harry I understand how hard this must be for you, first your parents then me and I don’t know who else may have been lost since I wrote this, but you have to know I would do it all again, you, Harry, are worth it. I love you so much and I am so proud of everything you have accomplished already in your life. I have faith in you. I know the journey to defeat Voldemort will be difficult, your destiny Harry is not an easy one, but this task was appointed to you for a reason, because you alone can handle it, you alone can and will succeed. When you are ready to quit, when all hope seems lost, think of me Harry; know I am with you always and have faith in yourself.

Sirius


Harry brushed away a tear and looked up at Ginny. She smiled reassuringly and turned to leave but he reached up and gently held her hand,

“Thank you,” he whispered. She sat next to him without a word and he was comforted. Somehow she had a calming power over him. No words were necessary, she understood him and he her; simply being in her presence was a great relief. They remained silent and still until they could hear Mrs. Weasley coming up the stairs to call them to dinner. They both stood up and Harry wiped his face one last time in the hopes that no one would be able to tell he had been crying “ he couldn’t stand anymore pity faces. He started to leave but Ginny spontaneously pulled him in for a tight a hug and then left for dinner. Harry paused, surprised, but pleased. He gave a half smile…and he felt the least depressed he had felt, other than leaving the Dursley’s, since the Department of Mysteries nearly two months ago, in fact, he nearly felt…happy.

*Ginny's POV*

Ginny plopped down on a newly dusted chair, exhausted but satisfied with the result. She had just spent the past five hours in Sirius’ old bedroom trying to tidy up. No one had asked her to, but she felt that somehow doing this for him was respectful, that he would appreciate it, for some reason a small voice in the back of her head had insisted he wanted her to…she couldn’t explain it. Oh well. She was almost done, all that was left were a few drawers in the desk. She pulled out piles of old, yellowing parchment, much more than she would have expected such a small drawer to be able to hold. She looked at them absentmindedly as she picked them up, but a small one caught her eye. It was folded tightly and fastened with Sirius’ seal. In long, scrawled purple letters said one word. Harry. She couldn’t imagine what it could be, but knew immediately she had to show him.

Anxiously she walked slowly to his door, which loomed forebodingly. She started to knock, then thought better and pressed her ear against the door, straining to hear what he was doing. It was silent. Well, at least he wasn’t crying…that was a good sign these days. She took a deep breath and knocked. No answer.

“Harry I found something I really think you’ll want to see.”

Silence.

“It’s from Sirius, it loo--” but he was already unlocking the door and she grinned shyly and walked in, “I found it while I was cleaning out his desk. It’s for you.”
He looked at her apprehensively then took the letter, holding it delicately in both hands as if it would fall apart if he wasn’t careful. He sat on his bed and gingerly traced his finger along the letters of his name. Delicately he turned it over, opened the seal, and pulled out the letter. Ginny watched him, her heartstrings pulling in all directions as she imagined his must be. She thought she ought to go, but couldn’t make her feet move. She was entranced at the sight of him; it was the first time she’d laid eyes on him in days. He kept to his room most of the time, and she missed his presence immensely. He looked pale and a bit thinner, but his eyes were on fire, eagerly reading everything Sirius had to say. As he finished the short note she saw a tear run down his cheek and smiling sadly decided he really did need time to ponder over what he had just received, but a tingle went down her spine as she turned and he reached up and caught her hand.

“Thank you,” his voice was raspy as he tried to stay composed.

She sat down next to him; somehow she knew exactly what he was feeling and she thought her heart would burst it was throbbing so. How she wanted to tell him all that she felt. She had thought she was over her school girl crush, but after she had berated him for forgetting that she alone could understand his connection with Voldemort the summer after fourth year, after a year of seeing him every day in the common room “ being close enough to speak, but too confused to find the words, after watching him gain confidence in DA meetings, and after the way he looked when he saw her hurt, and then saw Sirius fall…

Her thoughts were interrupted as her mom called them to dinner. Harry stood up trying to erase the evidence of his tears and as he began to leave she acted without thinking and hugged him, willing him to feel the warmth of all her love. She stopped once her mind caught up to her body and released him blushing profusely, stupid Ginny!, and hurried down for dinner.




A/N: Ok guys I know you want people to review your stories, so please give me 5 seconds of your time and do the same courtesy for me. The only way i know if you want to read more is if you review! Thanks!
Whatever it takes by The Marauder
* *Harry's POV* *

That night there was one face he couldn’t get out of his mind. For the first time he wasn’t seeing Sirius fall, or even Voldemort or Bellatrix Lestrange laughing, all he could see was Ginny smiling at him reassuringly and the warmth in her caramel eyes filled his heart. Although he knew he needed rest, he also knew the shores of sleep were far away and decided to go down to the kitchen for a snack. The first couple weeks after Sirius fell he was in a daze and the idea of eating never crossed his mind, lately it seemed he was making up for his weeks of fasting and was constantly hungry. He was craving a nice tall glass of milk and the chocolate chip cookies he had smelled for hours. (Mrs. Weasley’s handiwork).

He plodded down the stairs and was surprised to see a light on. Looking in curiously he found none other than the girl whose face seemed etched permanently in his mind’s eye.

He gaped at her for a minute before catching himself, “Ginny?”

She spun around and looked at him in shock, “Harry! What are you doing up?”

“Couldn’t sleep, you?”

“Same, plus the smell of these cookies was driving me crazy. Did you have another nightmare about Sirius?”

Not exactly… “Er…yah, that was it.” She smiled apologetically, and he looked down embarrassed…what would she say if she knew what I was really thinking about? They munched silently for a while, both too tired to make casual conversation and too comfortable with silence to be bothered. Harry was trying all possible means not to just stare at Ginny. She was in comfortable pajama pants and a t-shirt, she had no make up on and her hair was mussy from laying in bed, and Harry couldn’t get over how naturally gorgeous she was. But I can’t, right? She’s over it…wow… he thought as he glanced up again, no! …crap!

The conflict in his head, however, was interrupted as Ginny stood up and broke the silence, “Well I ought to at least try to get some sleep. Mum’s talking about tackling the attic tomorrow…a bit dodgy I think, but she’s determined,” she smiled tiredly, “Night Harry.”

“Night Ginny.” He watched her delicate figure disappear up the stairs and then shook his head and munched on another cookie, musing silently. These days his mind was constantly chattering away and he was trying his best to understand everything it said, but his recent notice of Ginny had put him overboard. There were so many thoughts on his mind at once it was amazing they didn’t start floating out of his ears…he could just see the silver wisps like in Dumbledore’s penseive floating out of his ears and mouth and for the second time in the same day he smiled…a first.

* *Ginny's POV* *

Ginny tried laying on her back, her side, her stomach, and then she tried flipping her pillow. No good. Next her covers were uncomfortable and she was wrestling with them until she flung her arms and legs down and gave an exasperated sigh. It was useless. All she could think about was Harry’s face as he thanked her earlier that day. He’d stared deeply into her eyes and she was lost in an emerald sea of pain. Great, she thought, now not only am I confused but I’m depressed again as well. Frustrated with her own stupidity she marched down to the kitchen in a huff. Comfort Food. As she tried to eat away her miseries with her mom’s sinful chocolate chip cookies she heard someone sleepily stagger into the kitchen.

“Hermione? What are you doing up?” Apparently surprised to find someone else there Hermione just blinked at Ginny,

“Oh, well, I couldn’t sleep,” she paused, “and to be honest…I thought I’d come down here for some comfort food.” Ginny laughed disdainfully,

“Join the club.” Hermione gave her a knowing look,

“Harry.”

“…yup. Ron?”

Hermione sighed and nodded, “Boys!” they sighed together and then laughed quietly.

“So anything new, or is my git of a brother still mindlessly ignorant of how much he loves you?” Hermione tilted her head, and gave Ginny a we’ve been over this before! look,

“He doesn’t love me Ginny,” she continued even though Ginny was nodding her head earnestly, “…and that’s okay, it’s just…he doesn’t see me as anything more than his steadfast brain of a friend who will always help him with homework and ‘rant about SPEW’…he doesn’t see me as just…me…” she looked down sadly at her cookie and Ginny glanced sympathetically at her friend.

“Just…be patient. He’s a git…and a moron…and a bit uneven if you ask me…” she stopped joking when she caught Hermione’s expression, “but he does care for you, and sooner or later he’ll pluck up the courage. As hopeless as I usually think he is, he has a huge heart and it’ll be worth it…just give him time.” Hermione shook her head silently and the two girls tacitly enjoyed their cookies.

“What’s Harry done now?” asked Hermione as she suddenly noticed Ginny solemnly inhaling her treat.

“Nothing…I found a letter from Sirius to Harry this morning, so I actually made it in his room this time,” Hermione’s eyebrows raised in surprise.

“Well that’s quite an accomplishment, don’t you think?”

“I just wish I could do more…”

“Give him time Gin,” Hermione mocked. Ginny rolled her eyes,

“I know, I know! But it is different…you don’t have to watch Ron in pain…”

“No, but I care about Harry too and to see him feeling so alone kills me.”

“I know…sorry,” she mumbled. With an assuring smile Hermione stood up and embraced Ginny.

“He’ll get over this, not as quickly as anyone would like, but he will conquer it, he always does…just…be there for him when he’s ready for you, okay?” Ginny nodded and Hermione kissed her hand and passed the kiss to Ginny’s head. “Night.”

“Night…” Ginny sat in silence pondering how Harry could ever be himself again, and how on earth her mother could cook so well (she never could seem to) when suddenly she was surprised by a voice behind her.

“Ginny?” She spun around, almost falling off her chair as she realized the voice was not in her head but standing a few feet behind her.

“Harry! What are you doing up?” Stop blushing…stop blushing!

“Couldn’t sleep, you?” Harry took a seat across from her.

Well I couldn’t get you out of my head, and I was about to go bonkers so I opted for some comfort food… “Same, plus the smell of these cookies was driving me crazy. Did you have another nightmare about Sirius?” He looks so tired…and so alone…

“Er…yah, that was it,” looking at him sadly she decided, whatever it takes I’ll be there for him…whenever he’s ready, I’ll be there…Ginny ate her cookie in silence, glancing up at him as often as she thought she could get away with without being suspicious…she wished she could just hold him in her arms, take all his pain away…but not tonight…she thought…I’d better go before I do something stupid that I can’t take back…

“Well I ought to at least try to get some sleep. Mum’s talking about tackling the attic tomorrow…a bit dodgy I think, but she’s determined. Night Harry.”

“Night Ginny,” as soon as she was out of sight she slumped down on the steps and took a deep breath. ...whatever it takes…




A/N: I know nothin real exciting has happened yet but there will be lots more fun and more Hermione/Ron stuff coming! yay! plz review...it helps me to write ever so much faster! I could probably pull off another chapter tonight if i had the right inspiration.... ;o)
The Morning After by The Marauder
* *Harry's POV* * The next morning as the sun touched Harry’s face he woke up gently, smiling slightly in his sleep. It was the first time since Sirius’ death that he had slept a whole night through without magic; he had slumbered peacefully as Ginny’s face danced across his dreams. He slowly opened his eyes greeting the morning, and sat up stretching on the edge of his bed. He hadn’t been out of his room in days he figured, well…other than last night, he remembered with a smile. Actually, he had lost count of his days spent as a hermit. Sometimes he would wake at random hours of the night and sneak out to the field behind the house, flying in circles on his Firebolt until the sun began to creep up and fear of being seen drove him back inside. This morning however, a sense of contentment flowed through his limbs and as he gingerly slipped his cold feet into his slippers, he stood up and slid his arms through his robe. He could hear the Weasleys and Hermione bustling around in the kitchen below, and with his determination set and a red head’s smile on his mind, he slowly opened the door and peeked around the corner. Alright, coast’s clear… he thought…now my legs have just got to get me there…down into the center of the eyes full of pity, faces full of concern, and a fake pleasantness that sent his stomach in tumbles. He slowly made his way down the stairs, avoiding the third one which creaked, and after what felt like an eternity he found himself standing at the bottom of the stairs as a dozen eyes turned in his direction. Ron stood there gawking, Mrs. Weasley’s mouth opened and closed as she tried to speak, Fred and George froze mid-action, apparently finding Harry more intriguing than their newest invention, and Hermione, being the first to react, suddenly rushed at him, giving him a bear hug and a mouthful of bushy hair. He held her a bit and then gently pulled away, finding tears in her eyes. He slowly looked around the room giving a sheepish half smile, and a slight nod as if to acquiesce to their silent questions…yes…he thought…I’m going to be okay… Abruptly at his sign of consent the room erupted in cries, “…Oh Harry, dear, thank Merlin you’re back…” “…mate we were so worried! Man, we thought you’d never come out…” “…Merlin he’s back…” “…we knew you’d come soon…” “…Oh Harry please don’t do that again…” Harry nodded his head and regularly gave a slight smile, while looking around for the one person who hadn’t attacked him yet. Ginny. Suddenly he spotted her. She was sitting quietly by the counter behind her delighted family and staring down shyly at her bagel; a small smile curved on her precious lips and a dimple imprinted on her glowing cheek. As Mrs. Weasley embraced him yet again, Ginny looked up and they met eyes for a second. She grinned timidly back at him and a simple understanding was formed between the two: an alliance against the evils of the world, the trials they had overcome and the distress they were yet to face. * *Ginny's POV* * As Ginny returned to her room she tried desperately to fall asleep but it was futile. No matter what she tried to think of, it always connected to Harry. Quidditch…Playing Quidditch…Harry playing Quidditch…No! Um…Hogwarts…ok…Gryffindor…good so far!...sitting in the common room…sitting in the common room with Harry…crap! It was useless. She rolled over and opened her eyes, looking at her roommate snoozing peacefully. Hermione’s mouth was curved up pleasantly, probably dreaming about Ron… Ron…Ron with Harry… Aaaaah…well, I suppose that was too easy of a connection to avoid! she thought angrily. Shaking her head she glanced back at her friend and pondered her predicament. Ron liked Hermione. Hermione liked Ron. Clearly both were too shy to make a move. Something had to be done…well, rather, she had to do something. As she racked her brain for ideas she must have fallen into a restless sleep, because as she blinked the sun was silently peeking from below the horizon. Thankful for any logical excuse to get up, she pulled herself out of bed, dressed, and tip-toed down the hall. She paused outside Harry’s door, and faintly heard the deep breathing of dreams. Satisfied she continued down to the kitchen. It was still very early, even Mrs. Weasley wasn’t up, and it gave her time to recall everything that had happened the day before. After waking up a bit more she remembered the plan she was creating as she fell asleep. It could work…it just needed to be fine-tuned a bit… Lost in her own mischievous world she didn’t realize how quickly the time had passed and soon the kitchen was bustling with Hermione and the rest of the Weasleys. Ron was the last to stumble down the stairs, scratching his head tiredly. Blinking his eyes he slowly took in the rest of the room, pausing as his eyes reached Hermione, who was sitting across the counter from Ginny, sipping orange juice and browsing the Daily Prophet. He unconsciously switched from scratching his head to smoothing his hair, and pulling at his shirt walked towards her, never moving his eyes. Ginny smiled to herself; perhaps this would give her a bit of…inspiration. He pulled out the stool and plopped onto it, scooting it a big closer to Hermione than really necessary. Hearing him she glanced up from her paper and her features instinctively perked up. “Morning Ron.” “Morning…” Both looked down at their hands awkwardly and Ginny smiled, unable to hide it. The two didn’t fight as much as they used to, both seemed to have realized they liked the other, and were more self-conscious than anything else. It was cute, and a great form of entertainment at times, but it was about time all their suffering was rewarded by finally coming together. Ron reached for the last piece of toast without looking up at the same time as Hermione, and as their hands brushed they both paused, considering for the slightest second simply grabbing the other’s hand; of course they resisted and blushing, mumbled in unison, “Sorry…go ahead…no…take it…” They laughed uncomfortably and finally Hermione picked up the toast, tore it in half and handed part of it to Ron. He smiled, and as the two became silent again Ginny drifted back off into her own world. Suddenly the hustle and bustle of the kitchen froze and Ginny was tugged back to reality. What?She thought, looking at those around her. Slowly she followed their eyes and as she saw him she blinked rapidly and looked down, hiding her blush. All of a sudden Hermione rushed at him and he embraced her back; then finally coming back to their senses the rest of the room broke out into welcomes. She closed her eyes and smiled, wishing in the tiniest corner of her heart that maybe…just maybe…I helped… but after comprehending what she had just thought, she scolded herself, so selfish Ginny! All that really matters is that he’s back … She chanced a glance up at him and found his green eyes waiting patiently to meet hers. They smiled knowingly at each other, and blushing even more evidently, she looked away so as not to completely give herself away. Careful Ginny!
A/N: okay, sorry it took me so long to update, check my profile for my excuses! As always i'm beggin for you to give me 5 seconds of your time and let me know what you think! I will definetely update sooner if I get lots of reviews! However, in the meantime go to my profile and check out some of my other fics, if you like this one you'll definetely like some of the others... Yes, I know the title is a little suggestive, but its an innocent flick so oh well....lol Also, for those moaning 'hurry up and get on with it,' it is turning out a lot longer than i originally anticipated, but the wait is worth it...so be patient and keep reading!
Okay, thanks for reading this. The deal is, the mod sent back ch 4 and said rather than do the separate pov thing to mix them together. My question for you is, do you like the different pov thing or does it get repetitive? So far I've had fun cuz i think it's fun to see different perspectives on the same thing, why they acted the way they did what they were thinking and so forth...at least its an unusual twist. ok, please let me know what you guys want. If you like it separate let me know, if you think it would be better mixed that's cool just tell me. I think it would be easiest for me if you would leave it in a review but if you really want u can email me, but please do tell me something! I'm pretty sure i could work on it and get it posted with the pov thing, but if u guys want it diff i'll change it. It took so long for the mods to get back to me that i've actually written through ch. 9! So, I don't want to give up the story, and as soon as this is fixed they'll be posted really quick (well depends how long mods keep them i guess) but i'll submit them as quick as i can cuz uve had to wait so long for the last 2 chappies! well, thanks for your time guys, and please let me know what you want! (Oh and this really isn't some ploy for review lol, i honestly do want to know what you guys think and want!) haha, k thanks!

K, thanks guys, ch 4 has been submitted and will hopefully be up soon! If you would still like to leave your opinion, though, i'd love to hear it!

Secret Refuge Part 1 by The Marauder
Wow! Finally up! Okay, first of all I'd like to thank everyone for their patience, and for all the people kind enough to answer my question. I really appreciate it, and have taken your input into consideration. The general idea I got was that most of you like the split POV idea, but that you can see how it could get repetitive, so it would be okay to mix it up. (That was the general consensus, not necessarily what everyone said) So that's what I'm going to try to do. This one, as well as most in the future, will be split, but I will try to limit the amount of information that overlaps, so each time you are getting more to the story. There will be some chapters, thoguh, that I will write differently so it doesn't get old. (*cough cough* Ron and Hermione * cough cough*) hehe, alright, enough rambling from me, and onto #12 Grimmauld Place...


* *Ginny’s POV* *

After a long breakfast, during which Mrs. Weasley talked constantly to avoid all silences of any kind, and making sure Harry had eaten as much as she could physically shove in him, Ginny slipped out the back door. Grimmauld Place had extensive grounds although it was in the middle of the city, hidden ingeniously, like the house, with some impressive wand work. A beautiful garden graced the kitchen windows and there was a small woods area in the far left corner, with countless fascinating paths to explore. Ginny followed her favorite to a small brook, enjoying the solitude of the woods and planning her strategy. She slipped off her shoes and rolled up her pants, stepping slowly into the chilly water. She shivered for a minute, but as her feet became acclimated to the cold she grinned to herself as her toes explored the murky bottom. Hearing a branch crack behind her she turned suddenly and froze in astonishment. He was watching her play, a curious smile fixed permanently on his face.

Oh Merlin, now what’s he going to think of me?

Neither spoke for an inconceivably long couple of seconds until Ginny finally found her voice, “Err…what are you doing here Harry?”

He shook his head slightly, “I was just wondering where you had wandered off to,” she smiled guiltily and he continued, “Do you come here often?”

Only when you won’t get out of my head!

She shrugged, “Sort of. I found this a few weeks ago and can’t help but keep coming back.” She stared at him for a minute thinking, maybe it would be good for him, take his mind off it, and just maybe we could spend some time together…

“What are you thinking?” he asked tentatively.

She tilted her head deciding, “Okay, come here, I want to show you something.”


* * Harry’s POV* *


As attention gradually drifted from Harry to the rest of the individuals in the kitchen, he noticed Ginny stealthily slip off her seat and out the back door. He wanted to follow, to thank her for yesterday, and then his prayers seemed to be answered as Ron unintentionally created the perfect diversion. Hermione stood and retrieved the rest of the orange juice, bringing it to the counter as Ron turned suddenly, colliding with her and spilling all the juice down the front of her shirt.

“Oh!” yelped Hermione as the cold liquid hit her skin.

Ron could only blink for a moment, startled, and then he quickly grabbed some napkins and tried to help her clean off, “Sorry ‘Mione! Sorry!”

“Um… it’s…okay… Ron,” she muttered as he gently wiped her shirt, then both froze uncomfortably as he reached to dab her chest and then stopped himself.

Harry shook his head, chuckling silently at his friends as he snuck out the door; before it closed he heard Mrs. Weasley’s ‘Scourgify!’, cleaning up the whole mess, but still leaving the two standing uneasily. He was just in time to catch a glimpse of scarlet disappearing into the woods, and hurried after her.

She was following a path he’d never traveled before, and as he reached a brook he slowed and then could only stand and smile as she removed her shoes and gracefully entered the water. He admired her as she shook her crimson waves and as her smile lit up her face as she explored with her toes and splashed around lightly. He shifted his weight, moving his right foot slightly and accidentally stepped on a twig, catching her attention. She looked up at him in surprise, but he was still entranced and couldn’t react.

Say something…

She stared expectantly…

…anything…

His brain was a blank…

At least stop smiling!

“Err…what are you doing here Harry?”

Say something!

Harry shook his head trying desperately to stop grinning idiotically at her and after what he felt was an eternity finally managed to mumble, “I was just curious where you had wandered off to…” Ginny grinned and he continued with a bit more confidence, “Do you come here often?”

She sighed, “Sort of. I found this a few weeks ago and can’t help but keep coming back.”

When she stopped talking and looked at him intently, he could feel her warm brown eyes penetrating through him, and began to feel awkward, something he had oddly enough just been making fun of Ron for… but that was different…he reasoned. Realizing she was still staring at him he shifted uncomfortably and then tried to fill the silence so as to stop his dangerous pondering, “What are you thinking?”

She tilted her head, and he raised his eyebrows questioningly, “Okay, come here, I want to show you something.”

He wasn’t sure if she was serious or not but she didn’t move so he curiously slid out of his slippers and robe and imitated her rolled up pants, jumping slightly as he entered the icy water, “Brr! Aren’t you freezing?”

She must be out of her mind, he thought chuckling to himself as the water sent shivers up his legs.

“You’ll get used to it, come on.” He walked along behind her, lost in his own thoughts. They followed the brook leisurely, enjoying the sensation of the cool water on their legs. Neither felt the need to speak; the silence wasn’t confining or awkward, rather it was comfortable and pleasant, allowing both to deal with the heavy weights on their minds that they were struggling to understand. Soon, however, the cold water stopped feeling pleasant, and as he began to lose sensitivity in his toes he was starting to wonder if they were actually going anywhere.

“Alright we’re nearly theeeeeee”aaaaa!” Ginny turned to look at Harry a bit too quickly, slipping on a slimy stone. Instinctively he reached out, catching her. She straightened slowly and as she turned he realized just how close they were, with their faces inches apart. He could see the light freckles splashed across her nose and feel her hot breath on his face. Her grip on his shoulders tightened slightly and suddenly becoming aware of how close they were he jumped back and stared determinedly at the water, as his face began to burn.

What just happened?

“Um…thanks,” she breathed softly.

“Err…yeah…careful,” he said still staring intently at the current flowing over his cold feet.

This is odd…is she still looking at me?

As he glanced up quickly, she smiled shyly at him and his heart jumped a beat.

And she is…now what?

“Right…err…shall we?” He muttered, beginning to walk again. He could feel her eyes boring into his back for a minute, and to his horror, his blush intensified to an even darker shade. He ducked his head farther, avoiding her eyes at all costs.

They continued on, however this time at a much slower pace than before, and a much greater distance between them, separated by a gulf of awkwardness. The brook took a sharp curve and Ginny stopped.

“Okay, here it is!”

Harry looked up and then back at Ginny confused.

Here what is?

“What?” Instead of following the brook she was facing a dead end: all that was in front of them was a thicker, impenetrable part of the woods.

“You don’t hear it?” she asked. Harry shrugged; by now his toes had begun to sting and he was ready to get out of the stream. Ginny rolled her eyes, “Listen.” Harry sighed and stood silently. Gradually, as he tuned out the other sounds, he could faintly hear it. He looked up in amazement and she nodded in confirmation.

“But, where is it?”

Ginny smiled playfully and pulled out her wand, “I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.”

Harry gasped as a rather large, crooked tree seemed to bend out of the way, and a small opening became visible, revealing that the river in fact did not take a sharp curve as he had assumed, but rather forked in two separate directions.

But how…?

He looked at her expectantly and as she met his eyes, reading his question; she smiled sadly and shrugged, “Sirius.”

The password registered in his brain and he realized his godfather must have found peace in this very path. All of the happiness that had been flooding him all morning was replaced by a wave of sadness as he remembered.

Sirius.

Ginny seemed to recognize his change in attitude, and waited silently as he relived his grief, not that he noticed. He was completely unaware of where he was and the pins and needles that had been tickling his toes: his mind was elsewhere… Sirius.




You’re meant to be a teensy bit confused (such as how Ginny could know about it, what he heard, and so forth) but it’s only part 1, and hopefully part 2 will be up soon!

Thanks to my reviewers and beta Harry luvs Ginny--I promise not to make a required number of reviews before I update if you guys do, well, review! lol Ch. 5 is submitted, so it shall be up soon (hopefully sooner than 10 days, though with my luck...ha) Anyway, you review, and i'll do my best to get the chs. posted quickly-i've got almost all of them written by now! ^_^

If you would like to be notified of updates of this story, please send a message to themarauderfanfics@yahoo.com stating the name of the story, and I'll add you to the list!
Secret Refuge Part II by The Marauder
This chapter went through so much reconstruction and so many revisions---I really hope you guys enjoy it...


* * Harry’s POV * *

Sirius.

He was lost in his own world of misery as he desolately remembered his godfather all over again.

Sirius used to come here, but now he can’t; because of me, he’ll never come again.

A new wave of pain from missing his godfather, his mentor and his friend, passed over him; all the fresh cheerfulness, the renewed spirit was forgotten.

Ginny coughed quietly, “Do you want to keep going?” she asked gently, startling him out of his thoughts.

“Hmm?” he gradually remembered they had been going somewhere and then suddenly felt the tingling in his toes again, “Oh yeah…right.” He put up the barrier, with the fake strong face he had used all summer to avoid questions, and followed her, still essentially lost in his own world. As he sloshed past the tree it quickly straightened, regaining its original position blocking the entrance and Harry realized they were in a completely enclosed area.

“Wow…” he whispered, the shock of seeing it momentarily replacing the depression.

He clamored out of the freezing water and seeing a way down carefully descended the rocks. At the bottom he looked up and stood in complete awe. He couldn’t believe that this was made by nature; it was absolutely enchanting. He was brought out of his thoughts by a faint laugh from above, but as he looked up at Ginny she quickly looked away from him shyly. Her laugh reached his very soul and slowly some of the cold numbness brought on by the recent remembrance of his godfather was warmed, and he felt a slight contentment as he gazed up at her appreciatively. Everything around him overwhelmed him, distracting him from his pain. The sun sparkled off her beautiful hair and he was caught in between awe at the magnificent waterfall before him, and the magnificent girl above him. She looked down cautiously, and reassured by the pleasant expression on his face beamed back at him.

“Well? Are you coming?” He called up to her.

She giggled and he grinned slightly as she gracefully made her way down the dangerous rocks. He reached his hand out for her and as she took it his skin tingled.

What?

He gazed at her face, a strange longing coursing through his veins, and then she jumped the last distance, the force pushing her into his arms for the second time. He was holding her again, but this time as she turned away he held on. She turned back surprised and he was acting without thinking. He was suddenly filled with desires he’d never imagined; he ached to kiss her, to simply hold her in his arms forever. She closed her eyes, and then blinked her long lashes, staring into his eyes through her own deep chocolate ones. She shifted her weight slowly and he realized what he was about to do.

I can’t kiss her! It’s Ginny! She’d probably pound me, and then Ron would be next! What are you thinking? Then again…Ron nearly seemed to suggest on the train… No! Let her go you git!

He shook his head slightly blinking, “Thank you Ginny…for everything I mean.” He half-heartedly loosened his hands, and then backed away before he could change his mind.

She was simply standing there, gazing at him, unaware of her beauty, of how much she meant to him. What was remarkable though, he realized, was that not only was he in admiration of her as a beautiful girl, but as a true friend, the only person that could bring him out of his misery, the only one who could have helped him begin to come out of such grief only moments ago with her melodic laugh.

“It was nothing,” she replied quietly, still watching him.

He looked up from the ground and into her eyes, and he knew she understood. He slowly turned back towards the waterfall and she followed suit. “It’s… incredible, I can’t even comprehend how something so magnificent was created...” He looked at her as he realized he was describing her subconsciously.

“Yeah,” she breathed. The pair headed towards the end of the clearing and sat resting against some trees.

Harry glanced furtively at the red head next to him, and rolled his eyes at himself.

Ridiculous.

As he let his mind wander it again drifted to his godfather. I wonder how he found all this… Harry smiled sadly to himself as he felt tears welling dangerously, only Sirius could’ve managed to hide an entire waterfall! And only he would have used the marauder password. Wait…he looked back at Ginny curiously, How could Ginny know the password? She never knew about the map!

As if on cue Ginny seemed to recognize his thoughts and interrupted the stillness.

* *Ginny’s POV* *

She sighed disappointedly, but sadly knew he wasn’t ready for anything yet… he still needed time to heal.

“It was nothing…” she murmured resignedly.

He looked up at her appreciatively and then back towards the waterfall and she followed his gaze.

“It’s…incredible,” he declared in a low voice.

You’re incredible…

“I can’t even comprehend how something so magnificent was created....”

“Yeah,” she replied, distracted by her thoughts.

They sat down leaning against trees and watching the water race down the rocks. Harry’s expression slowly hardened, and as his eyes tightened she knew he was once again brooding on Sirius. She rested her head on the bark, looking at the branches above her.

Is it better to talk about him or leave it be?

She looked back at Harry and he tilted his head and furrowed his brow, as if suddenly struck by many questions, with no answers in sight.

She sighed…alright, here goes nothing. Merlin, please don’t upset him!

Ginny took a deep breath and began, “You know, he was miserable, being trapped here all the time,” Harry looked up in surprise, “And not just last year: when he was a child. His parents were horrible; well, you’ve seen what his mum was like: always yelling, furious that her son was not some cold-hearted, Muggle-hating Slytherin.” Harry was watching her intently, hanging on every word, but she refused to meet his eyes quite yet. “Well, last summer before you came, Sirius would often disappear hours at a time. Sometimes we figured he was with Buckbeak, sometimes in his room thinking or still recovering from Azkaban memories, but sometimes we had no idea. So, one day Ron and Hermione were really going at it…

* * *

“Ron! We have so much to do! We cannot just sit around doing nothing: the house is a disaster, that horrible portrait won’t stop screeching, we have no idea what the Order is up to, and we have O.W.L.s this year!” scolded Hermione as Crookshanks darted off her lap, as if recognizing what was coming.

Ron rolled his eyes, “Bloody hell, Hermione! School’s only just ended! Take a break! That’s what it’s meant for!”

“O.W.L.s Ron! Do you understand how important those tests are?!” she retorted, voice rising threateningly as she stood up quickly.

“No, but I’m sure you’ll tell me,” he muttered under his breath. He glanced up to see if she had heard and her eyes were flashing.

“Well apparently I have to Ronald Weasley because you just never learn, do you?” she shrieked.

* * *

“Well, I started inching towards the kitchen, to get away from them, but just as I turned around, I saw Sirius dart out the back door in his dog form. I really didn’t want to be dragged into the argument, and I was rather curious where he kept getting off to, so…I followed him.” She shrugged and finally looked up at Harry, inquiring of his reaction. He was staring at a random spot of grass, but as she stopped talking he looked up quickly, urging her to continue. She smiled reassuringly and continued, “Well, he was trotting slowly, lucky for me, and followed this brook until he got reached the knobby tree…"

* * *

Sirius shook himself, getting all the water out of his fur and transforming back into his human form; Ginny paused, unsure what would happen. He pulled out his wand grinning to himself.

“I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.”

Ginny gasped silently as a large, twisted tree bowed out of the way and a pathway was cleared. Sirius took a step forward, and then stopped. “Well come along before it closes up!” he called. Her eyes widened as he turned around expectantly, smiling warmly at her. Ginny grinned guiltily and came out from behind the tree.

“How long have you known?”

“Ehh… I smelled you once we hit the woods,” he winked, “Come along then!” She cautiously stepped through the opening, and then froze in awe…


* * *

Harry was still gazing at only he knew what, but this time had a half smile, thinking of Sirius’ genial character.

“So, we came down here, and sat at these very trees, and he told me all about his childhood: how he used to explore the woods to get away from his mum, or his nasty little brother, and one day came across this,” she explained, gesturing with her hands, “We were out here for hours, and he explained how he’d hidden the path and the password and…um…” she hesitated.

How much can he take?

He met her eyes steadily, “And what, Gin?”

She sighed heavily, “And all about your dad, how he was the only family Sirius ever had…”

The two sat silently next to each other, entranced in their thoughts. Harry, sat motionless, his eyes focused inward as he took everything in slowly and dealt with his grief. Ginny however, smiled at the memory, and wiped a tear from her eye at the memory of Sirius. Her mind reverted to the last part of their conversation, and she glanced nervously at Harry, wondering if it was true…

* * *

Sirius talked about James quickly, each word tumbling out of his mouth, partly because he had so many great stories to share, and partly because it was so painful to relive. Slowly Sirius trailed off, reminiscing back to his Hogwarts days, and by doing so became more relaxed, temporarily forgetting all the burdens he carried and behaving more like the “innocent” marauder he had once been. He suddenly glanced at Ginny and laughed quietly to himself.

“What?” she asked suspiciously.

“Nothing…just thinking,” she glared at him playfully and he laughed, “Alright, I was just thinking, how remarkable it is how history repeats itself.”

She smiled curiously, “What do you mean?”

He grinned mischievously, “Well…James was a fool for Lily. He loved that red head more than anything, more than pranks if you can believe that!” Ginny laughed, “And well…”

“Well what?” she asked exasperatedly.

“Well, he’s not quite ready yet, but he will be soon and then, well…” Ginny stared at him eyes wide, impatient for him to get to his point and he grinned wickedly, his eyes twinkling, “Like father, like son!” he exclaimed, and kissed her on the head quickly before turning back into a dog and trotting back up to the brook…


* * *

Ginny smiled to herself again at the memory, and then looked around her, reentering reality. Harry was still musing, but instead of sitting statuesque, was now picking at the blades of grass by his knee. She glanced up at the sky, squinting at the bright sun, and realized how long they must have been sitting there.

“You ready to head back?”

He looked up blinking, “Oh, sure.”

The two slowly made their way out the opening and back down the path, but try as she might Ginny still couldn’t completely straighten out her grin as she thought about what Sirius had said.

“What are you smiling about?” he asked quietly. She looked up with wide eyes to see him gazing at her curiously.

Nothing! Not you! Crap! Um… she racked her brain quickly, and then spouted out the first thing that came to her mind…

“Plan!”

He stared at her for a minute and raised his eyebrows.

She blushed and coughed, “Err…I meant…I, well, I sort of have this plan…” she paused and then continued as he gave her a confused half smile, “It’s about Ron and Hermione,” she added mysteriously.

“What about them?” he asked cautiously.

“Well…” she said tilting her head to the side and smiling playfully as she regained her composure, “What would you say about…how can I put it…helping them get together.”

He gave a small laugh, “I’d say it could be interesting…what do you have in mind?”

“Well, nothing up to Fred and George’s standards, of course, but I think it’ll do the trick…” she replied jokingly.

“Well, in that case, I’m in… what do we have to do?”




Okay, ch. 6 we head back to Hogwarts, and finally the Ron/Hermione prank is pulled…

Here I must do my customary beg for reviews...just pay me the same courtesy you would like your readers to do for you...

And as always, if you want to receive a notice of when this story is updated, simply email me at themarauderfanfics@yahoo.com with ‘Ginny’s Love’ in the subject or message!

And thanks to my beta Harry luvs Ginny, she’s gone through so much grief with this story along with me and been a tremendous help!
The Prank by The Marauder
* *Ginny’s POV* *

She beamed at him like a small child waiting eagerly for Christmas morning.

“Everything set?” he asked.

She smiled even wider. “Oh yeah…this is going to be fun…”

He grinned back, and then composing himself, disappeared through the Portrait Hole. She stood happily, watching his retreating form; Oh! Reality caught up with her and she turned and dashed down the corridor. As she reached the hallway she looked around quickly and slipped into a deserted classroom. Waiting impatiently, she paced until she finally heard her brother’s voice and then pressed her ear to the door eagerly.

“The Room of Requirement?”

“Yeah… it’s the only place I know we won’t be interrupted,” replied Harry’s voice.

She pressed her ear harder against the door. More footsteps, a door opening, and… After a sharp click she came out of hiding as he chuckled silently to himself.

“Well done Harry!”

He bowed jokingly in consent and she giggled. “So now what?” he asked.

She scowled and looked at him dejectedly. “We wait…”

With a disappointed half smile he followed her back to the common room. They had hours before the room would unlock itself, and they sat impatiently checking the clock every five minutes. Ginny suggested a game of exploding snap, at which Harry won. They both looked at the clock eagerly, 8:03.

“We’ve only been here an hour?” she asked exasperatedly.

He nodded. “How about a nice, long game of chess?”

She nodded in consent; however, with many more years of experience playing against Ron she beat him easily.

8:24

“Merlin!” he exclaimed. frustrated.

She gave him a tired smile. “Any more ideas?” His stomach answered growling softly and she laughed as he rubbed it embarrassed. “How about a trip to visit Dobby? I’m sure he’d love to see you!”

Harry smiled brightly. “Let’s go!” he said, and he and Ginny chatted happily about their soon to be success as they made their way down to the kitchen.

* ~ *

“Harry Potter is here! Dobby has been hoping Harry would come visit us!” exclaimed the excited house elf as they sat at a table in the middle of the room. A group of other elves hurried over with two large mugs of Butterbeer and set some sandwiches in front of them.

“Thank you,” said Ginny as they backed away bowing.

They enjoyed their snacks, laughing a great deal and enjoying Dobby’s constant enthusiasm, until deciding they really had better get back to the common room since neither had thought to bring Harry’s invisibility cloak. With many thanks and three ‘last hugs’ from Dobby, they finally made it out of the kitchen, chuckling as they walked the distance back with arms full of pastries and treats.

“Well, I’m stuffed!” exclaimed Harry as they collapsed on the couch.

“Me too,” she agreed, “and look how much time we spent “ it’s nearly 10:30!”

“Three and a half hours! How do you think Ron and Hermione are doing?”

She smiled shrugging. Hopefully sitting as close as us, and feeling tingles every time they brush hands just like that…she thought blushing slightly as he readjusted on the couch.

“Well they must be on stage three by now so…hopefully not still hating us…” she joked.

He laughed and resting comfortably they sat in silence watching the fire.

It was a few months into school. Since the day she had found Sirius’ letter, she and Harry had become increasingly comfortable with one another. They spent much time together over the remaining summer days exploring the woods, talking and planning their scheme, or simply sitting together, enjoying each other’s presence. Harry had improved immensely in that time. Ginny could tell when he still had bad days, when he was filled with regret and mourning of Sirius, but he nearly always seemed to calm some as she sat with him, willing him to feel her love. They had planned their attack on Ron and Hermione down to every last detail, and that had taken Harry’s mind off his grief for hours a day. She yawned. “Getting sleepy?” he asked, looking at her with an amused expression.

“Nooooooooooo!” she tried to exclaim defensively, but smiled sheepishly as she was interrupted by another yawn. He laughed and she tried urgently to stay awake, but with a full tummy and the warmth of the fire (and Harry sitting closely next to her), her eyelids became heavy and she felt them repeatedly flutter closed as she desperately forced them open again. Stay awake…She yawned again… Are my eyes open? No!... She opened them again, but they stubbornly pressed closed yet again…she finally gave in with one picture in her mind…Harry.

* * Harry’s POV * *

Summer was now over and they were finally back at Hogwarts. Harry was glad to be away from Grimmauld Place; even if it had become less melancholy towards the end, it was still Sirius’ house, and would always be filled with memories of him. Since coming out of his depression he had generally been content. He of course still had days where it seemed the pain for his godfather would consume him, but somehow Ginny always seemed to know how he was feeling, and would simply sit next to him as he stared angrily at the fire, slowly soothing his burning rage. At this particular moment however, he was feeling anything but miserable. He cast Ginny a furtive glance.

“Everything set?”

She grinned at him. “Oh yeah…this is going to be fun…”

He smiled back and taking a deep breath so as not to give away that something was up, set his face and marched through the Portrait Hole as Ginny scampered into hiding.

As he entered the common room he saw Ron and Hermione in front of the fire and strode purposefully over.

“Hey Harry…what’s up?” asked Hermione.

“I need to tell you both something,” he whispered hurriedly and then looked at the other students around them convincingly, “but not here…”

The two exchanged glances and Harry pinched his leg to keep himself from smiling. Ow! he thought, annoyed, but it did the trick and soon they were following him down the deserted corridor.

“The Room of Requirement?” asked Ron as he realized where they were.

“Yeah…it’s the only place I know we won’t be interrupted.”

They nodded understandingly and as a door appeared he held it open for them, and then instead of following them in, shut it with a satisfying click as it locked the two unsuspecting victims in. Ginny came out from behind a door and they shared a smile…it was going to be a long and interesting night.

“Well done Harry!”

He gave a small bow and she laughed. “So now what?”

Ginny shrugged. “We wait…”

* ~ *

Harry looked up as the clock on the wall quietly chimed. It was midnight, time to go, but as he looked at Ginny’s peaceful form resting under his arm he couldn’t bring himself to move her: Ron and Hermione would just have to wait. It was ironic after how anxiously they had been counting down the minutes, but as he felt Ginny’s chest rise and fall as she serenely breathed in and out, a strange realization came to him.

There is absolutely no place I would rather be… I could sit like this forever.

He studied every curve of her face, her smooth complexion, the light freckles splashed across her nose, and the slight pink in her cheeks. Her lips were curved into a small smile, and he gently brushed a few loose strands from her face. Without thinking he leaned down instinctively, softly kissing her on the top of her head; as his tired mind comprehended what he’d just done he stared down at her in astonishment blinking rapidly before slowly smiling himself. He closed his eyes and rested his cheek lightly on her head.

* ~ *

Hermione entered the common room slowly followed by Ron. Upon seeing the two slumbering on the couch she smiled knowingly to herself, and then held up a finger to silence Ron before he woke them up.

“Let them sleep… we’ll deal with them tomorrow,” she whispered.

Ron was still staring at his little sister and best friend as his overwhelmed brain tried to process yet another thing after such a long night. Hermione gently tugged at his hand and as they walked to the bottom of the girls’ staircase he slowly looked up at her with a strangely satisfied smile on his face.

“Finally…”

She pulled him towards her playfully, “You’re one to talk Ronald Weasley!”

He laughed softly and then became serious as he looked deeply into her eyes, and leaned in kissing her softly. Hermione smiled with her eyes still closed and then slowly opened them. “Goodnight Ron.”

“Goodnight Hermione.”




Alright, things are starting to heat up! Yay! Next chapter we find out exactly what happened in the room of requirement…

Oh, and part of this chapter was supposed to confuse you, like ‘stage three’, everything will make sense soon!

Leave me a review and I'll post the next chapter soon!

Thanks to my beta Harry Luvs Ginny
Behind the Door by The Marauder
I decided not to do the split POV for this because it’s so long, and there’s so much dialogue, well, you would’ve just been bored the second time through, so instead you get both their thoughts here and there…actually I’ve decided to keep the split POV a special thing for h/g… However, this chapter is definitely not about those two, so let’s continue to the room of requirement for some r/h fun, shall we?

And Ginny writes the notes: that’s why they’re rather cheerful…




As the door clicked, Hermione turned around and stared in confusion as Harry didn’t enter. She walked towards it and cried out in surprise as it vanished before her eyes; Ron turned to gape thoroughly startled. Hermione wheeled around.

What’s going on…? She thought anxiously.

The room was empty except for a small table with a red rose and a piece of parchment on it. Hermione walked over expectantly and then called Ron over to read the note as well.

Ron and Hermione,

There is something important we both feel you should know. Of course, simply telling you would be no fun. So, instead we have put together a game for the two of you to discover it yourselves. You must make it through the series of three little tests, following our simple instructions. The door will unlock when you pass the final test. Don’t worry, it will be fun! Being the exceptional room it is, the Room of Requirement will not open until you have won the game, no matter what tricks you try (Hermione), so don’t waste your time. (Oh, and be on the lookout for easy hints when you need them!)

Love,
Harry and Ginny


“What in Merlin’s name are they talking about?” asked Ron, his face twisted in bewilderment.

“Well…” said Hermione slowly, contemplating what could be so important for them to discover on their own, “I don’t know, but… I say we play along.” Ron gave her a quizzical look and Hermione continued, speaking quickly, “Well, they’re trying to tell us something, and I don’t know how else we can get out without playing the game. Besides, it’s Ginny “ you know it’s going to be interesting!”

Ron shrugged, “Alright fine, I’m in.” They stood quietly for a moment rethinking everything, but soon were interrupted by Hermione squealing in surprise.

“Look!” she exclaimed, pointing as a door appeared across the room. As they walked towards it a fiery X materialized, blocking their entry, and Hermione paused. “Well…now what do we do?” Ron merely shrugged. “Let me see that note again; there must be some sort of clue…” She flipped it over and smiled triumphantly as words appeared as if written by an invisible hand.

Well-done Hermione!

“Hey, how’d they know I didn’t figure it out!” exclaimed Ron indignantly. Hermione rolled her eyes at him and then laughed as the parchment continued writing.

Don’t complain Ron, we know you’ll play an important role as well… This first door is very simple to unlock. Just read down the harebrained riddle…

Harry and I will start slow, I think you’ll agree
One step at a time is the best way we can see
Long have we waited for you to finally know
Don’t miss the many silly clues that fall below

Hard work we always do
And taken for granted are we by you
Now use us for something other than holding your wand
Draw on us to form a bond
Simply read this note carefully and the obvious answer will present itself!


The pair stood motionless, staring at the nonsense before them. Ron moaned, “This is going to be a long night…”

Hermione didn’t answer; she was perusing the note for the fourth time in search of the “obvious answer” she had missed.

Okay…the clues are just the second part; the first is filler…something we take for granted…

Ron glanced at the parchment frustrated, and then as something caught his eye he did a double-take, “…Hermione?”

“Shh! I’m trying to think.”

What holds our wand? My bag? No… My pocket? Nope…

“No, Hermione!”

“Shh!”

He huffed and then stood next to her sulking tacitly.

My hand! Of course! That was obvious Hermione!

“Ron it’s something to do with our hands!”

“Yeah…I know,” he muttered under his breath.

“What?” she asked without looking up from the riddle.

“I said ‘I know’!” he repeated forcefully and she glanced up questioningly, “It’s ‘hold hands’ Hermione.”

“What?” she looked down at the riddle hastily. Draw on us to form a bond… “Oh, Ron that’s brilliant! How did you figure it out so quickly?”

He beamed proudly for a moment before tracing his finger down the parchment, and then his smile widened immensely as she gaped in amazement.

Harry and I will start slow, I think you’ll agree
One step at a time is the best way we can see
Long have we waited for you to finally know
Don’t miss the many silly clues that fall below

Hard work we always do
And taken for granted are we by you
Now use us for something other than holding your wand
Draw on us to form a bond
Simply read this note carefully and the obvious answer will present itself!


Both reread it happily, satisfied that they had solved it.

Hermione’s smile slowly faded and then she looked back at the parchment and gasped in shock, “Wait, what?”

Suddenly the realization of what the instructions actually meant began to set in, and their hearts began to pound fiercely.

Ron stood dumbfounded, unsure now if he really wanted the riddle solved at all.

Ginny, oh how could you! thought Hermione angrily, of course assuming what her devious friend was up to. She glanced up at Ron in horror, but was unable to read his face. Slowly he held out his hand and she looked at him surprised. His face and ears were turning the distinguishing Weasley red, but he met her eyes defiantly.

“You wanted to play along…” he said, his face impassive.

She timidly reached out and took his hand, her heart thumping wildly in her chest. Immediately upon their touch the fiery barricade disappeared and Ron tentatively reached out and opened the door. They walked through it carefully and jumped as they heard it shut loudly behind them. The couple was now standing in a long, narrow hallway, with a tiny door far in the distance.

“Well… shall we?” questioned Hermione. Ron shrugged and nodded. They continued on awkwardly, both unwilling to look at the other, hands still clasped firmly.

Ron finally broke the silence, “Uh…Hermione… I don’t think we’re getting any closer…”

“Ron what are you talk”” She stopped as she glanced at the door, which they were obviously no nearer to though they had been walking for quite some time. As they stood in confusion a roll of parchment descended dramatically, dangling from a string at their eye level and Ron reached up, slipping it off.

See? That wasn’t so hard now was it?

Both scoffed silently.

Okay, as you can see this hallway just keeps going and going and you’ll never be able to get any closer to the door until you do as we say. (You can’t turn back either.)

Both met eyes over the parchment and then turned forebodingly around, sighing as they realized the fiery X had reappeared on this side of the door as well.

As you walk, Ron, you must tell Hermione three things you like about her, and then Hermione must do the same. If you don’t tell what’s in your heart the room will know and, well, you’ll be in here a long time… Have fun you two, and don’t forget to keep holding hands!

“Bloody hell,” muttered Ron under his breath. What are they playing at?

He glanced at Hermione and she had a very odd mixture of expressions playing across her face as she read the note. Her lips were pursed tightly as they always were when she was angry, her eyes seemed to be looking through the note rather than at it as they appeared to when she was lost in her thoughts, and a soft pink blush was glowing on her cheeks. He shook his head slightly and peeled his eyes off of her as she sighed deeply, looking at him expectantly.

“Well?” she asked her voice sounding strangely strained.

They started walking again in silence; Hermione kept glancing at him out of the corner of her eye, and he appeared to have no intention of speaking. Soon she was beginning to lose patience: every second seemed to last an eternity and although she was terrified of what she would have to say to him, she was rather curious and petrified all at once of what he would say to her.

“Honestly Ron, is there really nothing good you can think to say?” He looked up at her slightly shocked and then looking at the ground mumbled something inaudibly. “I don’t think it counts unless I hear it Ron, I think that’s the point!”

“I said it’s not that I can’t think of something, I’m just trying to choose which three!” he said in a low voice, his face burning like the X behind them.

Astonished she looked abashedly at her shoes. “Oh…”

He sighed. I’ve just got to get this over with… “Okay, I like that you’re always there when I need you; no matter how much work you have, no matter how stressed you are, and no matter how angry you are with me, you’ll always help me, always explain patiently, and always make sure I’ll be okay.”

Hermione didn’t respond. Steadfast brain of a friend…knew it, thanks a lot Gin. Ron looked up and realized how much closer the door appeared.

“Alright…well I like all your endearing habits.” She furrowed her brow, bewildered, and looked over at him. "For example, when you’re anxious you always tuck your hair behind your ear a lot.” He laughed as she froze with her hand mid-action in embarrassment. “And, er, when you’re scared, you bite your bottom lip and mess with your cloak like you can’t keep your hands still. And when you’re happy, your smile just sort of…lights up the room. It’s… contagious…”

Neither was quite sure what to say so Ron bravely continued after taking a deep breath.

“And what I like most… well… you’re unlike any girl I’ve ever met before. You don’t spend all your time gossiping and giggling. I can talk to you comfortably, as just a friend, and you always seem to understand me. And, you don’t worry about your hair or clothes.” She looked up in dismay. what?! but as he heard the last words echo in his head his eyes widened in horror. “Oh, no ‘Mione, that’s not what I meant…what I meant is that you don’t have to spend hours in front of the mirror because you look beautiful anyway!”

Hermione gasped. He thinks… he thinks I’m… what?; again Ron’s mouth was a step ahead of his mind and his face went through several stages including confusion, surprise, and horror, before ending in scarlet mortification.

What is wrong with you?! You can’t say that to her!

“Thank you,” she mumbled, but he couldn’t respond. Feeling a bit more confident after hearing him she began boldly, “Well I guess it’s my turn…” He still refused to meet her eyes. “First of all I like how you don’t complain about the big things, you don’t draw attention to yourself. I can see how you feel sometimes when Harry is constantly drawn into the spotlight, and I know it’s hard to be shoved to the side, but you always just… take it. Even when you are brave and courageous and deserve the praise of the world, you let everyone gawk over him, comfort and console him, while you remain silent of your own deeds, your own affliction; after everything Harry struggled through you put up with his rage and depression, and never exploded, never complained about all you’ve suffered too. Basically you put up with more than anyone gives you credit for.”

The scarlet covering his face and ears was covered in a second crimson coat.

Hermione continued without waiting for a response, “Secondly is how excited you get when you talk about something you love. Like, when you talk about Quidditch for example, you start talking quickly and you can’t stop smiling. It’s rather… adorable really.” She sighed, composing herself and gathering courage to finish what she’d begun. “But what I like most about you is that I know if anything is ever really wrong, you’ll be there. It’s your loyalty to your friends and family. You’d protect Ginny from every heartbreak if you could, and no matter how much she complains she loves you for it and knows she can depend on you. And you won’t let anyone insult someone you care about; though you’ll sometimes even take it yourself, you always stand up for us.”

Their grip intensified slightly, though neither was sure who had done the tightening.

“And… well, I know that you’re always there for me without question. After everything that’s happened to us sometimes I’m terrified, I mean, how are we ever going to get through this? It seems impossible, hopeless at times…”

He finally glanced up and his heart jerked as he saw a tear roll down her cheek, but she wiped it away roughly with her free hand. “But when I’m really scared, I think of you and somehow I always feel… safe, like I know you’ll protect me...”

Ron stopped walking and as he was still holding her hand the force pulled her back to him. He gently brushed the now free falling tears from her eyes and whispered in a raspy voice, “I will.”

She smiled through the tears, “Sorry… stupid…” she mumbled referring to the tears and trying to compose herself, but he squeezed her hand reassuringly. “Oh!” she gasped suddenly surprised as she looked up. “Look, we’re here…” Both turned and slowly faced the ominous door. Ron reached out then paused, his hand outstretched, inches from the handle.

He glanced at her nervously. What could they possibly make me say next? Do I have to spell out that I’m in love with her? What if I’m just not ready yet! What she said…it doesn’t necessarily mean she feels the same back, does it?

What if it asks how I feel about him? thought Hermione, What am I supposed to do then? She glanced cautiously at Ron and he looked quickly away back at the door. He took a deep breath and set his face, then quickly reached the remaining distance, grabbing the handle and pulling the door open. They met eyes, and then still holding hands tightly they entered the door bravely.



Yes...it is a bit of an evil cliffie...Eager to find out what the third task is? Well…leave me a review and I’ll send it in quick ;o)

Thanks to my awesome beta harry luvs ginny
The Third Task by The Marauder
Sorry guys, I never meant to be evil with the cliffie…just a bit of fun for the humble author hehe…ok, here’s the third task as you requested…

Five points if you can tell me where their thoughts at the end come from!



It closed loudly behind them, but neither noticed: they were frozen, absolutely spellbound by the sight in front of them. The room was…well, no longer a room. They were now standing before a beautiful garden, lit only by romantic fairy lights and the bright stars of the enchanted ceiling above (apparently mimicking the Great Hall). The short path before them led to a beautiful veranda, with ivy and lights encircling every pillar. Smiling, Hermione knew this one had been all Ginny, it was breathtakingly romantic, every girl’s fairytale. A fresh breeze seemed to blow through the room and she could nearly smell the cool night air. She turned to Ron, and was in for an even greater shock. He was no longer wearing his large Weasley sweatshirt, but handsome black dress robes. They had a strong cut, enhancing his now somewhat strapping shoulders and chest, and his strong jaw.

“Ron…” she breathed, utterly dumbfounded. He turned to her slowly, still taking in their surroundings, and then gawked back at her.

“Hermione! What are you...how…” he trailed off hopelessly. She looked down and gasped again, seeing royal blue dress robes flowing down. Suddenly she noticed the slight pressure on her head and reaching up with her hands felt her hair smoothed into an elegant knot and what felt like a delicate tiara set gently upon it. Her hand instinctively moved to her neck and looking as far down as she could, she saw what looked like the bottom of… a diamond necklace? She met Ron’s eyes in amazement, but he was simply gazing at her, motionless.

Apparently, as they walked through the door to the final test they too, were enchanted by the magical room.

Hermione couldn’t see her dress, but Ron could, in fact he couldn’t look away. It was a deep blue color, similar to the color she had picked for their fourth year ball, but she looked quite different than her scrawny fourteen-year-old self. Two years make a big difference for a girl, especially those two. His eyes were drawn to dazzling diamonds resting around her neck; the gown had a round neckline, tastefully low, and thin straps covered her bare shoulders. It fit tightly around her slender waist and accentuated the slight curve of her hips, at which point it flowed gracefully to the ground. Hermione looked amazing. His mind was blank, and he could only admire her as she grinned shyly at him.

“Come on, let’s try to find the next note…” Ron blinked and nodded, following her toward the veranda. The final note of instructions was stuck to the pole.

Well done you two. This final task should be the best yet: you are to have your own private ball. You must dance every time you hear music playing. In order to win the game…well, this one you have to figure out yourself. Oh, you may let go of each other’s hands now.

Neither let go at first, but after a moment glanced at the other out of the corner of their eye, smiling nervously and released the other, a bit reluctantly.

“Well…that wasn’t very helpful was it?” asked Ron. Hermione didn’t answer; she seemed to be lost in her thoughts again. However they both looked around in surprise as they could hear music begin playing softly. They met eyes awkwardly, and Ron finally held out his hand. Hermione took it cautiously and they began to dance stiffly, uncomfortably aware of their bodies, their ambiance, and their heartbeats pounding powerfully together. As expected, they gradually relaxed and soon were wrapped in each other’s arms, rocking back and forth, their feet no longer even leaving the ground.

There's something sweet
And almost kind
But he was mean and he was coarse and unrefined
But now he's dear, and so unsure
I wonder why I didn't see it there before

She glanced this way
I thought I saw
And when we touched she merely gasped did not withdraw
No it can't be, I'll just ignore
But then she's never looked at me that way before


Hermione couldn’t stand it anymore, she loved him; and it seemed, well she had the greatest hope she’d ever had that just maybe he cared for her too. She had to say something; they couldn’t keep pretending nothing was happening between them. “Ron,” she whispered, “Can I ask you something?”

“Yes?”

She sighed heavily, “Well…I think it’s safe to say we both can see what they were trying to do here,” his grip tightened on her waist slightly and she paused, biting her lip nervously, “and I need to know “ why?” He released his hold on her slightly in surprise and pulled back to face her.

What was she saying? “Why what?”

She absentmindedly tucked a few loose strands behind her ears as she glanced up at him, but he was looking determinedly at the ground. She could see his freckles splashed across his face, his strong hands still holding her waist, though lightly now; as she examined him she realized that it didn’t matter if he didn’t feel the same, all that mattered was that they settled it once and for all, and suddenly everything seemed so obvious, so simple. As he finally looked up she met his eyes steadily. “I need to know how you feel.”

“‘Mione, I think you know…”

“I need you to tell me…please Ron.” Tears swam in her eyes threatening to fall and he closed his own, his heart pulling him in two directions at once, but as he looked up again at the beautiful girl before him and the pain he was causing her, his heart melted and all inhibition was lost; before he knew what he was doing he was spilling the contents of his heart to her.

“Hermione…you are more spectacular than any girl I could dream of. When I’m around you I have to force myself to try not to just stare at how beautiful you are, when you talk I have to shake myself out of a stupor because your brilliance astounds me… everything you do, everything you are, amazes me,” he gulped nervously, this was it… “and I…I love you. I love you with all my heart Hermione.”

She closed her eyes and a tear blinked out, then suddenly without another word she looked up beaming and flung her arms around him, finally embracing him as she’d been longing to for longer than she knew. “Oh Ron, I love you, too.”

They simply held each other for ages, unaware of the suggestive song playing softly in the background…

Kiss me out of the bearded barley.
Nightly, beside the green, green grass.
Swing, swing, swing the spinning step.
You wear those shoes and I will wear that dress.

Oh, kiss me beneath the milky twilight.
Lead me out on the moonlit floor.
Lift your open hand.
Strike up the band and make the fireflies dance,
silver moon's sparkling.
So kiss me.


They pulled back and met eyes lovingly, longingly. Together they leaned in...

“Ow!” exclaimed Hermione as she and Ron bumped noses. Ron looked away completely humiliated and Hermione could only smile at how adorable he was. “Ron...” she whispered, “...try again?” He looked up surprised, and smiled back. Only Hermione... He placed his hand behind her neck, cupping her head, and gently pulled her in; this time they both tilted their heads...

After far too many years of being unaware, of denial, and finally of fear, they had found each other. As their lips graced one another and they were enveloped in the magic of young love the room spun around them...

Literally.

When the two finally broke apart they still held each other closely, resting against one another’s foreheads. Hermione was the first to notice the change: she no longer felt the weight of the tiara on her head and her hair fell loosely around her face, looking down she saw she was again wearing her school uniform, and the room was no longer charmed to look like a garden, but was as it had been when the entered the room. She looked up into his eyes and he smiled down at her stroking her jawline with his knuckles, “I think we won...”



Okay, there you have it! In my honest opinion, i think the typical 'lock them in a broom closet' approach is all it would really take, but I thought this was an opportunity to have a little fun with it. Hope you enjoyed it!

Leave me a review and we’ll meet back up with Harry and Ginny on that couch...Teehehe...

And yes, their thoughts are from...Beauty and the Beast! (lol i know, i know...but they fit so well i just couldn’t resist) Who gets 5 points? Oh, i changed the line to withdraw, it was something about his paw...haha

Song Lyrics from Kiss Me by Sixpence None the Richer...i really do like that song ^_^
A Long Morning by The Marauder
* *Harry’s POV* *

As Harry awoke, he sniffed and stretched his back and arms, feeling unusually comfortable. He yawned deeply and, half-opening his eyes, took in his surroundings; he was apparently in the common room and then, looking down, saw Ginny snuggled tightly in his arms. He readjusted, closing his eyes again, and tightening his hold on her, smiled contentedly.

Wait…what?!

His eyes flung open and he gaped down at the girl still dreaming peacefully next to him. He racked his still foggy brain for an explanation…

Last night we were…waiting for Ron and Hermione and then…oh Merlin…Ron and Hermione…

As his mind cleared completely the first logical step seemed to be to get up. He carefully slid out from under her and, setting her gently against the pillow, stood, and then quickly leaped back, as if afraid she would wake suddenly and pounce on him. He stood silently, trying to make sense of everything, slightly rocking forward and backward, as if it would help. Slowly Ginny began to wake up, and as she looked around sleepily she spotted Harry and looked at him questioningly.

Here it comes…

She sat up and rubbed her eyes. “Morning Harry.”

“Erm…morning…Ginny,” he mumbled. She doesn’t know what happened; for Merlin’s sake don’t tell her!

Her peaceful smile was interrupted by a long, tired yawn, and then suddenly, as her memory returned, she looked at him frantically, “What…happened…to Ron and Hermione?”

He shook his head at her slowly with his eyebrows scrunched tightly together. “I have no idea.”

Her face fell. "We missed it. After all that work how could we miss it?"

He smiled apologetically ignoring his plagued mind as he saw how disappointed she was. “Don’t worry, I’m sure we’ll have plenty of interesting moments this morning alone…”

She sighed and slowly got up from the couch. “You’re right, I’m just sad we missed it. I’m going to go shower. I’ll meet you down here for breakfast?”

He nodded distractedly and stared at the ground in front of him trying to process everything. What have you done now? As he heard her door close he shook himself out of his daze and slowly wandered up to the stairs. He looked around for Ron, but with no sight of him anywhere grabbed some clean clothes and and headed to the showers, his mind still going haywire, unable to decipher what his central thought was. Of course it was completely innocent, nothing had happened, yet…images of waking up with Ginny wrapped in his arms persistently occupied his mind’s eye. He distinctly remembered falling asleep, how content he’d been, and this morning it felt so natural to wake up holding her tightly. As he rinsed the shampoo out of his hair he leaned his head against his arm on the wall, letting the warm water wash over him.

It doesn’t matter what I do or think to try to ignore it, it’s been coming for so long…He nearly laughed as he understood… I have feelings for Ginny

As the realization fully dawned on him, he stood in the shower for ages before realizing that the very girl he was thinking of was waiting for him downstairs. The rest of his shower, dressing, and walking down the stairs was a blur, and when he reached the common room he saw her waiting for him impatiently. His breath caught in his chest and he froze. As always she looked adorable, and the more he thought about his newfound realization, the more he realized how many things he appreciated about her. It seemed this really had been coming for quite some time. Since the beginning of school, no, he remembered the waterfall. Since she had brought him the letter? No, at least since her bravery at the Department of Mysteries, wait… He was still standing on the bottom step trying to figure out how long he’d been feeling this when she spotted him and rushed over eagerly. “Hermione wasn’t anywhere. Did you find Ron?”

“No.” He could only manage one word, and barely that.

She smiled positively. “Well then they must be at breakfast already! Come on let’s go…”

She turned and hurried out the portrait hole and he followed her in a daze. What do I do now? Upon realizing his feelings he had no idea what to do about them. Should he tell her? Did she feel the same? What would I say? How would she react? What would Ron do? Questions flooded his brain at once, not giving him time to ponder one answer before worrying about the next.

Before he knew it they were standing before Gryffindor House’s table. The two were nowhere to be seen. Disappointment drew her face down before she looked back up at him, slightly disheartened. “Where could they be?”

Harry shook his head and then called out, “Hey Seamus, have you seen either Ron or Hermione this morning?”

His friend shook his head, mouth still full, and then swallowed looking confused. “Nope, now that you mention it, I haven’t. That’s strange, huh?” Harry nodded absentmindedly and then turned to a contemplative Ginny.

As a worrisome thought passed the rest he looked at her worriedly. “Um…Gin. What if…I mean, do you think there’s a chance…” she looked at him quizzically as he tried to find the words.

“Do I think what, Harry?”

“What if they never made it out? What if something happened… he said something thickheaded, she got offended and…they’re still in there?”

She shook her head forcefully. “No, no. It had to work. I mean, there’s no way with all that…” She faltered suddenly looking worriedly at Harry. “I mean, they couldn’t possibly still…” she ended trailing off hopelessly.

They met eyes forebodingly and without another word turned and made a beeline for the Room of Requirement. When they reached it Ginny crossed her fingers, and Harry opened it slowly. Both stood in shock in the doorway…

* *Ginny’s POV* *

When Ginny woke the next morning she had a grin fixed permanently on her face that she couldn’t seem to straighten out. She looked groggily around, and spotted the Grandfather Clock, 5:37. Wait, grandfather clock? I’m in the common room? She tried to sit up, but realized something was holding her down. Glancing down she saw an arm, then followed it up to a shoulder (the dots began to connect in her head), a neck…and a mob of messy black hair...Harry? She craned her neck as far as she could, and saw his face, peaceful and calm, slightly smiling in his dreams. What do I do? There were two obvious choices, but it didn’t take her long to realize which she wanted. She cautiously laid back down, careful not to wake him, and closed her eyes again. She smiled as she felt the steady rise and fall of his chest and heard him breathing quietly. The soft smell of Harry, like some fascinating mixture of soap and chocolate frogs and who knows what else, filled her head and before drifting off again she whispered quietly,

“I love you Harry Potter.”

* ~ *

Her pleasant dream was interrupted as she felt someone stirring in the room with her. As she opened her eyes they darted around the room, and stopped on a very bewildered looking Harry.

“Morning Harry,” she said pleasantly, still slightly disoriented from waking up.

He looked at her worriedly and muttered, “Erm…morning…Ginny,”

She smiled a bit confused, and then began to remember: I woke up in Harry’s arms… she smiled wider remembering and then yawned deeply as her mind cleared, because…because I fell asleep before midnight ” then the rest hit her “ because of… Ron and Hermione. Oh Merlin… She turned and looked at him anxiously. “What…happened…to Ron and Hermione?”

He just stared at her for a moment and then began to shake his head shrugging helplessly. “I have no idea.”

Oh no, how could we…“We missed it.” She looked at him dolefully. “After all that work how could we miss it?”

He gave her a small smile. “Don’t worry, I’m sure we’ll have plenty of interesting moments this morning alone…”

She sighed and slowly got up from the couch. “You’re right, I’m just sad we missed it. I’m going to go shower. I’ll meet you down here for breakfast?”

He nodded slightly but didn’t really answer. As she began to climb the stairs she looked back at him dejectedly. In the midst of it she had been so surprised, yet so thrilled to find herself in his arms. For that instant she felt her dreams had come true. But apparently, his reaction had not been quite the same. His face was now contorted in deep concentration, and he seemed deeply distressed by…something…

…by waking up with you. Well there’s your answer Ginny…he woke up holding you and immediately hurried away from you. He doesn’t feel the same…face facts; deal with it.

She entered Hermione’s dormitory flooded with both eagerness to see her brother and friend, and sadness over her newfound conclusion.

“Er…Lavender…have you seen Hermione this morning?”

“Nope,” she replied without looking up from applying her eyeliner. Ginny sighed, and headed for the shower. If something didn’t go right soon this was going to be a very long day.

She showered and dressed quickly, and hurried down to the Common Room. No sight of Harry. She began to pace, waiting impatiently for him, and as she heard his footsteps she hurried over.

“Hermione wasn’t anywhere. Did you find Ron?” she asked quickly.

“No,” he replied as if mechanically. His tone caught her off guard and she looked at him quickly, he really is freaked out! However, instinct told her not to bring it up now and she proceeded to put on a false enthusiasm.

“Well then they must be at breakfast already! Come on let’s go…”

She hastened out of the common room slightly to admire the results of her toil, but mostly to get away from him for a second to calm her heart. It’s not like I really thought he liked me… but as she felt another wave of sadness she realized… but you did… She huffed silently to herself, not now Ginevra.

Soon they were in the Great Hall, but as she looked down the row of faces, two were missing.

“Where could they be?”

Harry shrugged and then asked Seamus with no luck. They’re not anywhere in Gryffindor Tower, they’re not in the Great Hall…where else would they be so early in the morning?

Harry interrupted her thoughts mumbling, “Um… Gin. What if … I mean, do you think there’s a chance…”

She looked at him expectantly. “Do I think what, Harry?”

“What if they never made it out? What if something happened… he said something thickheaded, she got offended and…they’re still in there?”

No…

“No, no. It had to work. I mean, there’s no way with all that…” it had to work, right? “I mean, they couldn’t possibly still…” Oh Merlin what if they didn’t make it out...Ronald you thick-headed git! What did you do?

Ginny moaned quietly and together the two rushed back out to the Room of Requirement. Both paused as they reached the door. Ginny didn’t really want to open it...

Harry reached for the handle and she crossed her fingers. Please don’t be there... They gaped as the door slowly opened.

Ron and Hermione sat on the couch together smiling with an eerie pleasantness.

“Good morning. We’ve been expecting you.”




Sorry for the long wait guys, I wanted my beta to have a look at ch. 10 before I posted this because I had some concerns with it and wanted to make sure the ending matched up with how I wrote ch. 10, but she lost the email or something (don’t blame her she’s been busy and she's a great beta!). Anyway, it turns out she liked 10, a lot actually, so it doesn’t need lots of revamping which means you guys get 9 now! Yay!

Please be considerate and leave me a review “ if you do I promise to get 10 up as quick as I can.

For updates, send an email to: themarauderfanfics@yahoo.com (Don’t forget to tell me which story you want them for!)

Thanks for reading!
Facing the Consequences by The Marauder
Alright”I was worried about this chapter because “ to warn you - it is probably my most repetitive chapter, but my Beta loved it and she said she wouldn’t change it because it worked with what I wrote, so I hope you all feel the same!

* *Ginny’s POV* *

“Good morning. We’ve been expecting you,” said Hermione coolly. Neither Harry nor Ginny moved as Hermione stood slowly, followed by Ron. They exchanged a nervous glance as Hermione smirked at them. Suddenly her whole attitude changed from cold to sly. “So what did you two get up to last night? Did you have any fun?”

Ginny stared at her friend in amazement. Huh?

“Wouldn’t the better question be, did you two have fun?” asked Harry cautiously.

Hermione shrugged nonchalantly. “Oh yes, it was amusing, I suppose.”

Ginny could still only gape at her friend. What? Amusing?! Did it really not work?! “Erm…” she murmured at a loss for words, “so you don’t want to tell us anything about…um...last night?”

Hermione looked at her pointedly. “What’s to tell? You planned the whole thing, so you should know, right?”

Ginny blushed and looked down abashedly. They’re angry. “Um yeah…I guess.” She turned to look at Harry for help, but he was watching Hermione as if unsure she was really the girl he knew at all. “Look we’re sorry we tricked you…”

Hermione stared at her indifferently.

“We were just trying to help...” added Harry.

“Well, we were a little annoyed at first. I mean, it was really awful to lock us in here, think of all the homework time I missed!” scolded Hermione.

“Sorry…” whispered Ginny. She hadn’t been expecting this at all…

Hermione continued as if anxious to finish her thought, “You know it’s lucky I finished my Arithmancy essay, what if I hadn’t and had failed a huge mark? How would you…sleep…with that on your conscience, hmm?”

“Really sorry Hermione, but it is Saturday, so I mean…” she stopped as caught the end of what Hermione had said. Was tha”Did she do that on purpose? Does she know? She looked at her friend worriedly, but Hermione’s face was a blank. She turned frantically to Harry to see if he’d caught it, but couldn’t read his face either.

“But, oh well, it was all fun and games I suppose. No harm no foul, right?” suggested Hermione.

Right…all fun and games, only giving you the perfect opportunity you’ve been waiting four years for… What did she do? Honestly!

“Erm…right,” muttered Ginny.

“Actually, to be honest, we were surprised you didn’t come and find us last night “ thought your curiosity would have gotten the better of you. By the way…why…didn’t you?”

Ron made a strangled noise in his throat, and as Ginny looked at him all sorts of thoughts came rushing to her. Why on earth won’t they say anything about last night? Ron’s been awful quiet, why isn’t he yelling at us yet? Wait a minute… He looked at the ground, trying to hide his red face. Suddenly it hit her: Why aren’t they still in their formal clothes in the garden, in fact, how was the door unlocked if they didn’t…


* *Harry’s POV* *

“Good morning. We’ve been expecting you,” said Hermione frostily. Harry gulped and looked down at Ginny apprehensively. After an awkward silence she continued, “So what did you two get up to last night? Did you have any fun?”

Harry gaped at her. This isn’t the Hermione I know. He looked at Ron, but his friend was looking determinedly at the ground. And why is she asking about us? What the bloody hell happened to them?

“Wouldn’t the better question be, did you two have fun?”

Hermione glanced at him carelessly. “Oh yes, it was amusing, I suppose.”

Amusing? It was bloody amusing? His mouth gaped open, and before he could say anything Ginny muttered, “Erm… So you don’t want to tell us anything about…um...last night?”

“What’s to tell? You planned the whole thing, so you should know, right?”

Oh Merlin, she’s bitter about being tricked. Honestly, I mean I know she’s wanted this at least as long as him!

“Um yeah…I guess,” mumbled Ginny. He could feel Ginny’s pleading eyes on him, but couldn’t seem to peel his own from Hermione. Something’s…not right here.

Ginny took a deep breath. “Look we’re sorry we tricked you…”

Hermione didn’t move.

Ginny looked like she was nearly on the verge of tears, her plan apparently failing so miserably, and as Harry noticed this he finally spoke up, “We were just trying to help...”

Hermione turned on him. “Well, we were a little annoyed at first. I mean, it was really awful to lock us in here, think of all the homework time I missed!”

Homework time? Bloody hell Hermione, its Saturday! …even you wouldn’t fuss about that at a time like this…

“Sorry…” said Ginny sadly.

Harry noticed how quickly Hermione picked up the thread of her thought, eager to say whatever she had planned, “You know it’s lucky I finished my Arithmancy essay, what if I hadn’t and had failed a huge mark? How would you…sleep…with that on your conscience, hmm?”

Hermione’s emphasis in that last remark caught his attention. He looked at her quickly and saw a sparkle in her eye for a second before it disappeared and her face became a blank. The conversation was lost on him for a minute as he had a debate with himself…

She knows.

She couldn’t.

Hermione is scary sometimes, who knows how she does it, but she always knows.

She just magically knows you spent the night holding Ginny?


“Actually, to be honest, we were surprised you didn’t come and find us last night “ thought your curiosity would have gotten the better of you. By the way…why…didn’t you?”

Yeah…she know..

Ron stepped forward and the hands they had been holding came into view. Harry met eyes with Hermione smiling and she winked at him. And it bloody well did work! He looked at Ginny grinning slightly, but she was staring distractedly at Ron, deeply immersed in her thoughts, while he seemed to be having a hard time controlling the laughter, which was now threatening to spill out.

Suddenly Ginny cried out, “Oh, you two are awful!” and Ron guffawed loudly, letting the laughter that he had been holding in roll out. Ginny was blushing both with anger and embarrassment at being tricked. Harry gazed at her remembering last night and this morning and how adorable she was, and laughed appreciatively to himself at her sweetness as she let out a cry of glee and before anyone could react, rushed at Hermione embracing her tightly. Hermione blushed, and then grinning uncontrollably hugged her friend back. Finally releasing Hermione she turned to Ron, slugging him on the shoulder. “That was dreadful, we were so worried!” Hermione smiled, snuggling tightly into the crook between Ron’s arms.

This of course reminded him again of holding Ginny. As he looked at the new happy couple and as his eyes reached Ron’s, they seemed to be waiting for Harry’s and the redhead smirked knowingly. Bloody hell, not him too! Ron started to open his mouth, but Harry walked over quickly smiling and cut him off, “Okay, okay, you got us…” Ron closed his mouth and they smiled smugly, “But I think our trick was better…”

“No argument there mate,” said Ron holding Hermione as they all laughed heartily.




I hope you liked it and I hope it wasn’t too repetitive.

To answer your questions, there are two remaining chapters, making it twelve total, and they are split POV but there’s hardly any repetition.

Don’t be a stranger, please leave me a review and I'll post 11 quick!

And as always, for updates email me at themarauderfanfics@yahoo.com (don’t forget to mention which story!)

Thanks guys!

A Wish by The Marauder
A Wish

Disclaimer: I did a lot of research for this chapter. Nearly all of my information comes from the wonderful site http://www.dibonsmith.com/ and all links used are from there as well!


* *Harry’s POV* *

Harry lay on his back, staring at the stars above him, his Firebolt resting peacefully at his side. He was completely immersed in his own world as he wondered if everyone’s life was so complicated.

Well, he thought dryly, not everyone has the fate of the free world on their shoulders…

He closed his eyes and scoffed the ridiculous notion. He was Harry…just Harry…how could something so remarkable be expected of him? But, with a sigh, he realized it wasn’t Voldemort or the prophecy, or even Ron and Hermione’s constant fighting and making up (with more snuggling and snogging than he was comfortable around) that had sent him to the Quidditch pitch. Of course not: it was Ginny. It was Ginny who constantly occupied his thoughts, Ginny whose mere presence made his heart beat just that much faster, Ginny who had turned his world completely upside down. Ever since admitting to himself that he liked her, Harry had suddenly become aware of how much she impacted his life. In the morning he went to breakfast early because he knew she was often up before most of the school. When he planned new Quidditch strategies with Ron, he found himself not only silently praising her brilliance on a broom, but simply smiling at the thought of Ginny being on the team with him. When Hermione asked if he was planning on continuing DA meetings, he instantly reminisced how quickly Ginny had caught on to every lesson. And when he sat staring into the fire late at night, he was now rarely mourning Sirius, he was usually dreaming of her.

What am I going to do?

No matter what he tried, it seemed he simply couldn’t get her off his mind.

Should I tell her how I feel?

This question had been pestering him for over a week now. It had only been twelve days since that morning he had woken up holding her in his arms. He had also been wishing for that long that he had never moved, never let her go: that he could still be holding her.

Of course, you had to panic, didn’t you? He chided himself for the millionth time. Well, there’s nothing you can do now, so pull it together.

He saw something streak above him out of the corner of his eye. A shooting star? Make a wish Potter. He closed his eyes again. I wish I could have some sort of sign, something to let know me if I should tell Ginny how I feel or just let it be...

He opened his eyes and saw movement again. Another one? And again. Harry sat up slowly, all his senses alert as a dark figure passed over him, lower this time. His grip on his wand tightened and he strained his eyes to see it more closely. Suddenly the figure passed in front of the moon and he relaxed and laughed wryly as he recognized a familiar flash of red. She suddenly slowed, stopped, and then turned and made her way over as she noticed him.

This is just a coincidence. It’s not a sign…

Coward.

Shut up, he muttered to the voice in his head.

“Harry? Is that you?”

“Yeah,” he replied, his throat dry.

She landed gently and sat down next to him. Her hand accidentally brushed his and he felt the familiar jerk of his heart he had begun to associate with her.

Okay so it’s a big coincidence, but still…

“What are you doing out here?” she asked curiously. Whether it was the soft moonlight or the flush from recently flying he didn’t know, but something about her seemed to constrict his lungs and he took a long shaky breath to compose himself.

Alright, fine, so maybe it’s not entirely a coincidence…

“I…just like it out here, you?” he mumbled, avoiding her warm eyes.

She sighed, “I needed a break from studying for those bloody O.W.L.s.” he smiled knowingly, and she continued, “Besides, Ron and Hermione were just starting to make up from their last row, and I thought I’d give them some space.”

Harry laughed at this and Ginny grinned back and lay down in the soft grass. Harry followed suit, noticing as their arms touched, but not adjusting to change it.

I asked for a sign not a bloody bludger to the head! I get it, okay?! I have to tell her…

* *Ginny’s POV* *

They were silent, both admiring the heavens above them.

I come out here to get my mind off him so I can concentrate, and here he is! For the love of Merlin, just give me one break!

Ginny was completely aware of their arms touching, and it took all her control to steady her racing heart.

He doesn’t care for you that way. You promised to be strong. Don’t hurt yourself for nothing.

No matter how much she berated herself, however, it seemed her love for him would not be restrained without a fight. She spoke without really thinking what she was saying, but rather talking to silence her reeling mind.

“I could stare at the stars for hours and never get bored of it.” Harry turned his head to the side, and smiled at her grinning profile before turning his head back to the sky. “It blows my mind…how many stories there are written up there.”

He furrowed his brow, “What do you mean?”

“The stars…the constellations…they all have stories, meanings, that people have passed on for generations. It’s like sharing a piece of history with all those who have come before us.”

Harry gave a half smile, “I guess I never thought about it before. Do you know any of the stories?”

Ginny beamed, “Absolutely! Let’s see…” Ginny’s eyes shifted back and forth as she looked for her favorite figure, and then raised her hand and pointed.

“Okay, see right there? That star and then these around it?” she waved her finger in the air outlining the constellation.

Harry laughed and she turned to face him. “Ginny, I have no idea what you’re looking at.”

She laughed and rolled her eyes, taking his hand in hers and pointing at the figure. “That’s Andromeda,” she said quietly.

Harry squinted his eyes and then smiled slowly, “Hey! I think I see it!” Ginny chuckled, “So what’s the story behind Andromeda?” he asked inquisitively.

She gulped as she calmed herself from the rush of holding his hand, and then smiled as she started her story, “Well, Andromeda is this beautiful princess. But, she’s chosen to be sacrificed to Cetus, this terrifying monster, to appease Neptune, who is the God of the Sea. So there is poor Andromeda chained to a rock, inches from death, with no hope in sight,” she paused for effect and smiled mischievously as Harry waited impatiently, and then continued speaking quickly and dramatically. “But then, a great hero, one of Zeus’ sons, Perseus, came past and saw her! He was entranced by her beauty and instantly fell in love with her. After a great deal of persistence from his end she finally tells him her name, but just then the horrible monster comes to take his victim. She is terrified but he fights valiantly and after a long and bloody battle, he defeats the vicious Cetus. So, she is saved and they happily marry, truly in love…” She sighed, “Since the first time I heard that story it stayed with me.” She closed her eyes.

But fairy tales don’t come true in real life, Ginevra. He saved you from the basilisk… but he didn’t fall in love with you…

Harry was silent for a while, “Is Perseus up there?

Ginny smiled and outlined the hero’s shape.

“So they’re up there together.” He said, his voice low and serious.

“Yeah,” Ginny sighed romantically. “They’re up there, destined to sit next to one another, forever.”

Both mused this silently for while.

Ginny turned her head slightly so she could see discreetly see him out of the corner of her eyes and bit her lip, contemplating.

Should I…or shouldn’t I? Well…it turned out well last time…

She licked her lips, “Okay, see that really bright star?” She took his hand again, pointing to one of the most vivid stars in the sky.

Harry grinned and peeked at her out of the corner of his eye, “Yeah.”

“Okay, follow along like this.” She outlined the shape in the stars. “That’s Canis Major. What does it look like to you?”

Ginny grinned as he silently stared at it for another minute before replying questioningly. “It sort of looks like…a dog?”

“Yup. And that really dazzling star I showed you first, that’s one of the brightest stars in the sky “ if I remember correctly, it’s like the sixth closest star there is. Know what it’s called?”

Harry shook his head and then turned to face her.

Ginny rolled her head to the side and smiled at him sadly, “That’s Sirius.”

Harry blinked rapidly and then his face fell as understanding flowed through him, “Oh.”

Ginny squeezed his hand and continued, “But what’s important is: he’s always there, always looking over you. Whenever you need him, well, now you where to find him.” said Ginny, her voice soothing.

Harry’s eyes left hers for a moment as he looked down and then finally smiled slightly and met her eyes again.

“Thanks Ginny.”

She smiled and continued to hold his hand tightly, as she breathed, “Your welcome.”

They continued to gaze deep into one another’s souls and then both slowly looked up at the heavens above.




Thank you so much to my wonderful, amazing beta stickm!

Also, please please leave me a review and I will post the final chapter!!!!

Oh, and if you haven't seen it yet, click on my name to see my beautiful new banner!!
Written in the Stars by The Marauder
* *Harry’s POV* *

He didn’t remember walking through the woods, opening the secret entrance, or even climbing down the cliff; but there he was, sitting against the tree in his favorite refuge. He allowed himself to be hypnotized by the sound of water crashing on water as he looked up to the stars above him. His eyes raced across the sky as he searched, and then finally rested on their target as he blinked rapidly and smiled.

“Hello Sirius.” He sighed heavily as he gazed appreciatively at the bright star. He had searched for it nearly every night after Ginny told him, refusing to allow himself to lose it. “What am I supposed to do? I don’t…I don’t know what to do, what to say…” he murmured.

It was Christmas break, and his feelings for Ginny had, though he couldn’t understand it, increased ten-fold. She no longer simply occupied most of his thoughts: she was the star of his every dream. Every movement, every smile, every laugh sent his heart leaping into his throat and whenever he was away from her, he wished only to be with her. Their relationship had been somewhat awkward lately.

After the first time she had brought him to this safe haven he had felt so close to her; comfortable as if he could tell her anything, and bonded together as if she understood him. And once they had successfully set up Ron and Hermione, they had spent even more time together as the new couple often wanted time alone. But now that he was aware of how much he adored her, he didn’t know how to act.

She seemed different too, as if she were cautious every time they spoke. She had opened up to him, but it was always as if there was a small part of herself she concealed; a secret she held close within her heart where he couldn’t reach. He loved every part of her soul, and wished she would be able to share it all with him...

Love? No, I didn’t mean…I just…he sighed. He had been avoiding it for months now, but he knew it wouldn’t help to deny it any longer. He leaned his head back against the tree and looked back up at the star resignedly.

“I love her, Sirius.”

He closed his eyes. After meeting her on the Quidditch field months ago, he had promised himself that he would tell her how he felt. Even if she didn’t return the feelings, as he was sure she wouldn’t, she had to know. It was now Christmas time, and he still had not worked up the courage. Yet, he knew it had to be done. There are some secrets so magical, and so wonderful, that one heart alone cannot contain them. A love so pure has to be shared, for only when it is joined with its true match, can one really live.

Harry was so absorbed in his musings that he didn’t notice he was not alone until he felt her soft, warm skin brush against his.

* *Ginny’s POV* *

Every morning she promised herself she would keep power over her heart, and every night it was in charge. It controlled every thought, every wish. Her love for Harry was now more powerful than she could handle, and it seemed to reach out to him, no matter how hard she tried to contain it.

She followed him with her eyes as Harry stood up quietly and stealthily left the living room, the rest of the occupants remained oblivious to his absence.

Read your book “ let him go.

She waited a minute and then stood cautiously and moved to the window, where she watched as he entered the woods.

He’s just going to the waterfall. Leave him be.

She walked back to the living room and picked up her book, staring at the strange symbols in front of her, though she could make no sense of them. She rolled her eyes after a while in frustration, and strode purposefully out to the backyard.

Okay, just get some fresh air, smell the flowers…and go to bed.

She paused by the flowerbed, and then as she started to head back inside turned around suddenly and determinedly headed to the woods. She stopped briefly when she reached the brook.

He wants to be alone Ginny, don’t go and bother him.

Her legs started moving again and soon she reached the tree and pulled out her wand.

Don’t say it. Turn around. Go back.

“I solemnly swear that I am up to no good,” her voice whispered, though she couldn’t remember telling it to do so.

Ginevra “ don’t…go…in.

She stood frozen, and then raising her chin a little higher, entered the hidden area. She slipped silently out of the water and took a long, shaky breath as she saw him below, with his eyes closed, leaning against the tree peacefully.

Fine, I give up. Go talk to him, but please don’t do anything stupid…

As she sat carefully next to him he opened his eyes confused, and then meeting hers they widened in surprise as he gave her a lopsided smile.

“Hey Gin,” he said, his voice raspy.

“Hi,” she whispered with a shy smile.

Both sat silently, and Ginny tried to once again control her actions, but it seemed her heart was in charge, for good. She finally opened her mouth to speak, but Harry was quicker.

“This place is so amazing. It’s “ it’s like it draws me to it. You know?” she nodded slowly. He pursued his lips for a moment thinking, and then gestured to the star, “I find him every night now…it helps, what you said, knowing he’s close. It’s like I can really see him when I need him.” He licked his lips and turned to face her, his voice shaking slightly, “Ginny, I don’t think you have any idea what you’ve done for me this year. If you hadn’t been there to talk to me, to help me through it…I don’t think I could have survived. Honestly, I owe you more than I could ever repay you.”

Ginny took his hand in hers and shook her head, “That’s what friends are for Harry, I’ll always be here for you.”

He swallowed and pressing his eyebrows together looking at the ground. He turned his face back to the stars and then spoke softly, his voice far away. “I know you will, and, I’ll always be here for you,” he sighed, “But the thing is Ginny, besides gaining you as such a great friend this year, I’ve gained something else as well.” He looked back at her and took a deep breath and laughed softly, “Do you…remember what happened the night we set Ron and Hermione up?”

Ginny’s eyes widened and she blinked quickly before smiling, “What do you mean?” she asked innocently, her heart pounding steadily harder and heavier.

He opened his mouth, then closed it smiling and looking at the ground, “You fell asleep on my shoulder, and then I fell asleep as well…” he looked up grinning at the memory and Ginny was at a loss for words, her fake smile faltering.

“Oh, um. I’m…sorry, Harry.” she laughed nervously, but he shook his head and bit his lip.

“No…that’s not what I”“he sighed again, “What I’m trying to say is, I woke up holding you in my arms, and since then…I’ve wished I’d never let go.”

Ginny could only gape at him.

“Wh-what?” she stuttered.

His smile slowly faded and his face became serious. With his free hand he brushed the loose strands from her face, and her heart felt ready to burst at his touch as his hand gently caressed her face.

“Ginny, I’ve fallen in love with you.”

She still couldn’t answer and looked at the ground next to him, breathing heavily and shaking as he continued quickly. “I’m sorry, I know you don’t feel the same, but the truth is…it doesn’t matter,” he whispered, “I swore to myself I would tell you,” he shrugged. “I hope this doesn’t make things awkward between us, or change what we have “ I don’t know what I’d do if we lost what we”“

He was cut off as Ginny swiftly leaned up and kissed him softly on the mouth. Though it only lasted a second, it was as if fireworks had been set off in their hearts.

Harry met her eyes, unaware of the shocked and confused smile playing on his lips, and it was Ginny’s turn to speak.

She smiled lovingly at him and took a deep breath, “Do you know why Andromeda’s story was my favorite?” she asked quietly. He blinked at the sound of her voice and then slowly shook his head, “Because after my first year, when you saved me...” She licked her lips and bit her bottom one, trying to hold back the tears the memory brought up.

She took another shaky breath, “When I was little and I heard the story of a beautiful princess being rescued, I of course always dreamed of being rescued by a handsome prince. I think every little girl probably does,” she laughed lightly, “But then I came to Hogwarts, and I actually was captured, and it was terrifying,” her voice had begun to quiver.

“And I didn’t think there was a prince coming to save me,” she whispered, “And then you showed up, and at the age of twelve defeated a basilisk, not to mention the sixteen-year-old Voldemort single-handedly to rescue me…” she looked at him proudly, “You saved my life, and I imagined I was Andromeda, and you were my Perseus…” her smile fell slowly, “but it turned out reality wasn’t a fairy tale after all, because… you hadn’t fallen in love with me.” She shrugged and continued to blink back the tears, “And… I hadn’t fallen in love with the hero,” she continued seriously.

Harry’s eyes seemed to hollow and he looked down hurt and confused, but Ginny lifted his chin with her hand and tilted her head to the side, “I fell in love with you Harry “ but not for being the hero, the boy-who-lived, or even for saving my life “ but for you, for everything you are.”

His eyes widened and she tilted her head back slightly, looking up to the stars smiling, before swallowing and meeting his eyes once again. “And, I knew you didn’t love me back, so I tried not to. Merlin knows I tried,” she laughed softly and stroked his face, “But there was no way I could stop loving you, because…you have always had my heart “ my whole heart, and I would never “ could never take it back.”

She looked down, silent tears caressing her cheeks, but before she could look back up her face was raised by his lips tenderly on hers. His hand cupped behind her neck, and her free hand rested gently on his chest. The kiss was soft, but passionate, and full of a love stronger than the world had seen in quite some time.

As they broke apart, Ginny melted into his eyes and rested her head on his shoulder. He wrapped his arms around her, holding her protectively, and closed his eyes smiling contentedly; still unable to quite comprehend what had just taken place.

Harry had never felt happier, and Ginny had never felt safer; and for this one night, Sirius seemed to outshine every star in the sky “ both could feel this love was meant to be.

As they admired the heroes in the heavens above, neither was aware that one day, wizards around the world would look to the stars for the great love story of the boy-who-lived and the girl-who-saved-him. A love so strong as to withstand the greatest evil the world had ever seen; a love that conquered the Dark Lord.




Well there you have it. I hope you enjoyed the story. Please leave me one final review if you've been reading this story -- I really would like your input!

Thank you so so much Stickm for betaing for me at the last minute -- you are so amazing!!!

Alright, time to plug for the rest of my stuff. Check out some of my one shots, Destined to Be is completed and I'm working on getting it all posted, I also have a new one-shot nearly completed so be on the lookout for that...

And I think that's all I have to say! Thanks for reading! Byebye!
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=8430