Freckles: A Stream of Consciousness by kaybella
Summary: Hermione is alone with a sleeping Ron Weasley, so she does what Hermione does best she observes. Then she muses, debates, and gets very, very confused all on account of his freckles. [ONE-SHOT]
Categories: Ron/Hermione Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 599 Read: 2863 Published: 01/02/05 Updated: 01/02/05

1. Freckles: A Stream of Consciousness by kaybella

Freckles: A Stream of Consciousness by kaybella
There’s something about freckles. Or the guys who have them. Believe me something about freckles is simply irresistible. Ask any woman in any relationship with any male Weasley. Including me I guess, even though Ron and I are completely platonic. I still find my self staring, counting, imagining, daydreaming, even…fantasizing? I’m not really sure, but in any case, whatever you like to call it, I love his freckles. And he is covered in them. From head to toe. Not that I’ve seen or any thing but when I see his arms or legs the look like someone shook cinnamon all over them. I wonder if they taste like cinnamon…

And I did not just think that…

Stupid hormones. But on topic the ones on his face are lighter like… like nothing I can compare them to. I don’t really even know what color those are. And I’ve never . seen that color before. Thinking about it I’ve always, kind of just thought of that as being freckled color.

I wonder if it’s possible to count how many freckles any one person has. I know I‘ve definitely tried, but Ron’s just seem to multiply. Last time I tried to count the ones on his face in History of Magic, I got 120-something, before I had to write down some notes and lost count. Then just now there was something in the neighborhood of 200. Not that I’m complaining it’s just that as he gets more freckles he gets older and as he gets older, other things become less platonic.

So does that mean I want the freckles or the guy with the freckles? And if he stops getting freckles then will the feeling start decreasing? If so then those freckles better stop multiplying. But… I didn’t, I mean, I don’t mean that. I don’t want to stop liking Ron’s freckles; I want to stop liking Ron for his freckles. And this isn’t making sense to me anymore.

How is it that freckles can make someone think so hard their head hurts? Thanks for nothing, O Great Freckles of Ronald Bilius Weasley. And what kind of crush is that? GAAH! Where did that come from?!?! Crush? Is that even a crush?!? Can that honestly be considered a crush? Yes, I’m Hermione Granger and I have a crush on Ron Weasley’s freckles. How pathetic. Do I like Ron’s freckles or Ron? Should someone even be asking themselves that question? Okay… chronologically I liked Ron’s freckles first, but somewhere I may have started to like him more? I’m confusing myself now. I mean why am I even doing this. Take 2 cups hormones, freckles, and a sleeping Ron (perfect for making semi obsessive observations upon). Add liberal amounts of the twisted logic one uses after 1A.M. and beat to a pulp in a large bowl. A recipe for disaster. Or a rather large headache.

I need sleep. But I don’t plan on leaving anytime soon. I can’t leave him and his freckles looking so peaceful in sleep. Hold the phone… freckles cant look peaceful. Can they… No they cannot. So it’s him then. It’s Ron. It’s amazing (and also quite disturbing) what kind of thoughts looking at some one’s freckles can unleash. Disturbing but very, very informative. I have a lot to thank those freckles for now.
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=8529