A Day in the Life by Ginger Hair
Summary: A Potions assignment gone wrong sends Harry and Ginny into the past while Lily and James are sent into the future. How will Ginny and Harry cope with the Marauders? Better yet, how will Lily and James cope with Ron and Hermione? Will they ever get back to their rightful eras? Read on to find out. Please read and review. From what my fans say, its funny. You decide for yourself.
Categories: Humor Fics Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 8 Completed: Yes Word count: 15704 Read: 33371 Published: 01/02/05 Updated: 02/01/05

1. Accidental Apparation by Ginger Hair

2. Who's Who? by Ginger Hair

3. The Fun Begins by Ginger Hair

4. Old and New Rivals by Ginger Hair

5. Detention by Ginger Hair

6. Quidditch Through the Ages: Part 1 by Ginger Hair

7. Quidditch Through the Ages: Part 2 by Ginger Hair

8. Where? by Ginger Hair

Accidental Apparation by Ginger Hair
The Potions classroom was as dimly lit and gloomy as always, but one thing about it was different. There was a cauldron glowing with some green liquid bubbling in it set up in the middle of the floor. There was a fire bubbling beneath it. Next to it, or rather standing above it was none other the Harry James Potter, also known as the-boy-who-lived. He wore his normal Gryffindor robes with the lion stitched into the right hand side. Also the usual Hogwarts boy’s uniforms: black slacks and a button down shirt, with a red and gold colored tie that hung loosely around his neck. His jet black hair was a mess as always, but he didn’t bother to tame it. He knew it wouldn’t work. It hid his scar, and he liked it that way. He wore his black rimmed glasses as always and behind them sparkled his emerald green eyes, glinting with a hint of mischief as always.

At the moment, he was a bit preoccupied with the Potions assignment Snape had assigned for them to do over the weekend. Harry did not like the idea of making a Potion during his free time, so he had come in here after his last class to get it done as soon as he could. He stood immobile for a minute or so as he checked his Potions book to make sure he had added everything right. The title at the top of the page read The Switching Solution. He read through the paragraph twice before declaring that he had done everything exactly how the book had said. With a satisfied look on his face he began to clear his things away.

Just as he was about to take a sample of the Potion and leave it on Snape’s desk, a Gryffindor fifth year wandered into the room. She wore the same robes and type of shirt as Harry, although she wore a grey pleaded skirt instead of slacks. Her fiery red hair made her noticeable from a distance as a Weasley. Her chocolate brown eyes held the innocence of childhood, although she was a known trouble maker. This was of course Ginny Weasley. She held a piece of parchment in her hand as she came to a halt in front of Harry and his cauldron. A grin spread across her face making her freckles space out.

“And what may I ask are you doing, Mr. Potter?” she asked in a fairly good impression of Dumbledore.

“Making some Switching Solution for or that git, Snape,” Harry replied dully. He raised his eyebrows at her. “What are you doing here, Miss Weasley?”

“I’m handing in an essay.” With that the redhead walked swiftly to Snape’s desk and threw the parchment down forcefully. “I loathe him so much.” Harry nodded in agreement. His eyes became alight with another idea.

“Would you mind me testing this on you?” he gestured to the green liquid bubbling in the nearby cauldron.
Ginny looked at him apprehensively.
“What does it do?”

“It just makes you teleport here and I’ll teleport to where you’re standing. That’s why it’s called a Switching Solution,” he explained as he picked up his wand.

She nodded signaling to him that he could use her as a human guinea pig. Harry beamed at her as he tapped the green goo with his wand. A green light filled the room as the potion overflowed and they were both submerged in an eerie green light. Ginny’s eyes grew wide as she was picked up off of the floor and held there momentarily.

“What did you do Potter?” she yelled across the room to where Harry was levitating. He shrugged at her. That was the last they remembered before they vanished.

***


Meanwhile, on the same day in the Marauders’ Era, Sirius Black stood in the middle of a crowded hallway waiting for his best friend, James to arrive. His raven black hair fell into his face as his dark brown eyes scanned the corridor for James. He glanced backwards to cast a wave at Remus Lupin who was standing behind him, hiding himself from the others by standing against the wall. Lupin, with his chocolate brown hair and matching eyes waved back quickly as he laughed. Both were wearing the Hogwarts uniform as well. Little did James Potter know what the two had in store for him today?

James walked out of the Charms classroom and scanned the hallway for any of his friends. The seventeen year old had the same messy black hair that he had past down to his son, Harry. Actually, the only differences between the two of them were their eyes, James has chocolate brown ones, and the scar; James has none. He scanned the hallway quickly for any of his friends and as soon as he caught sight of Sirius, his best friend and partner in crime, he bounded over to him.

“Hey, Padfoot, what’re you up too?”

Sirius whipped around and spotted James standing in front if him.

“Oh, it’s you.” He sounded disappointed. James looked back at his brown eyes through his own pair and hinted a bit of mischief in his best friend’s set of brown orbs.

“You were expecting someone else?” he asked sarcastically as he rolled his eyes to the heavens. “Come on. I know you’re up to something.”

Sirius threw up his hands. “All right, Prongs, you got me.” He let out a long low sigh. “Lily was supposed to meet me here after class.” James’ face flushed a brilliant shade of crimson when Lily’s name was mentioned.

“You can’t be serious? You know I fancy her!” James exclaimed hotly.

“Actually, I am Sirius. Sirius Black.” He laughed at his own joke as he strode down the hall with James at his heels. “She didn’t show up anyway, so what does it matter?” James thought that over and they agreed silently that it wouldn’t be mentioned again. “Oh, by the way, I hear there’s some of that Love Potion in the Potions storeroom.” Sirius grinned his evil grin as he led James down to the Potions room.

“Really?” James asked perking up a bit at the mention of the Potion. “Sirius nodded, and as one they began running down to the dungeons.

Remus still stood behind the wall searching the huge mass of students for that one particular redhead in the bunch. Lily Evans stood against the wall with her back to him. She wore the Girls’ uniform identical to Ginny’s and to be truthful, the only difference between the two of them was their eyes. Lily had Harry’s eyes, or rather he had hers, and Ginny had chocolate brown ones, that mirror imaged James’ set. She sighed as she ran a hand through her flaming red hair absentmindedly. She was thinking of James, yet again. As she was deep in thought a hand reached out and tapped her on the shoulder. She jumped and whipped out her wand and pointed it straight at the one who had tapped her, which turned out to be Remus Lupin.

She hastily shoved it back in her robe pocket and looked back at him expectantly. “Sorry to bother you Evans, but I needed some help with my Potions assignment and I was wondering” he was cut off by Lily immediately.

“No Problem, Lupin,” she replied. Remus grinned as he led her down to the Potions classroom. She followed him closely, not wanting to lose him in the sea of students.

They arrived at the doorway at the exact time Sirius and James had. Lily looked daggers at Remus. James glared at Sirius and then back to Lupin with what seemed to be electricity emitting from his eyes as he did so. “Why is she here?” James asked both of them.

“She’s here because we set you up,” Sirius replied grinning.

“I never needed help with Potions and there’s nothing in there but the usual,” Remus said beaming at them both. “So, in you go.” Sirius pushed James in the door while Remus shoved Lily inside after him. Then they sealed the door so they couldn’t get out.

“Have a good time with Evans, Prongs.” Sirius chuckled as Remus and he walked away. There they were, locked in the middle of the Potions classroom. James was avoiding Lily’s eyes, but she was determined to catch his glance. She opened her mouth to speak, but just as she was about to tell him off for being in on this whole thing, a green light surrounded them and they were floating above the floor. James cast a glance at Lily, thinking she might have hexed him, but why was she floating, too? Then they vanished into thin air.

Moments later, James stood over an unconscious Lilly muttering nonsense under his breath. Lily slowly opened her eyes to see him there. “What the bloody Hell just happened?” she practically yelled at him.

“Shh. It’s different here and the door’s open now,” he helped her off of the ground slowly. Lily glared at him before rolling her eyes and brushing nonexistent dirt off of her robes.

“What do you mean different?”

“Look.” He led her through the open door and into the hallway. She searched the hall frantically for anyone she knew but found no one. Her mouth hung slightly open until James gently pushed her chin up to close her mouth. “I know. Strange, isn’t it?”

Just then two students came running up to them panting slightly; one with hair as red as Lilly’s and one with brushy brown hair. “Where have you two been?” Hermione gasped.

“Er” James started before he was cut off by Lily elbowing him hard in the ribs.

“Harry? You okay?” Ron asked him looking kind of startled.
The two just stared at him blankly, not knowing who this boy was, or where they were.
////////////////////////////////////
A worried Harry overlooked and unconscious Ginny in the Potions classroom. She slowly opened her chocolate colored eyes to glare at him. “And what was that all about?” She yelled making an echoing sound as her voice ricocheted off of the walls. Harry winced as she screamed. She sounded uncannily like her mother just then.

“I dunno what happened, but the door’s locked now and,” Harry was cut off by the door opening to reveal a teenage Sirius standing before them. He stood there gaping at him until Ginny elbowed him in the stomach. The he started coughing uncontrollably as Ginny smirked at him.

“Have fun with Evans, Prongs?” Sirius asked grinning slightly.

“Wha” Ginny started to say but she was cut off by Harry stepping on her foot. She shot him an angry glance before returning to staring at Sirius with a confused expression on her face, as Harry did the same.
Who's Who? by Ginger Hair
James stared at Ron with a blank expression on his face as Lily looked at Hermione. She seemed to be taking in all of her features so she would remember her.

“Who’s Harry?” James asked suddenly. Lily gave him a death stare but Hermione cut her off from completing it.

“It can’t be,” Hermione muttered.

“What?” asked Ron looking startled. “What’s wrong? Ginny, what’s she talking about?” At the moment Lily was too absorbed with listening to Hermione to pay attention to Ron. “Ginny!”

James nudged Lily and her neck snapped back to Ron. “Ginny? I’m not Ginny.” She shook her head sadly.

Ron looked back and noticed something. “Since when did your eyes become green?” Hermione made a loud huffing noise to signal everyone to be quiet.

“Ron, that’s not Harry and that’s not Ginny,” Hermione gestured to each James and Lily in turn. “Look. Harry has green eyes and this boy has brown ones. And Ginny”

Ron cut her off. “Yeah she has brown eyes. Look those are Harry’s eyes in her head!” He pointed to Lily’s eyes.

“That’s because they aren’t Harry and Ginny, they’re” she was cut off again this time by James.

“I’m James Potter.” He held out his hand for them to shake. “And that’s Lily Evans.” Lily held out her hand but they did not shake. Ron looked shocked beyond belief and Hermione was thinking, hard.

“We already know who you are,” Hermione said. “Listen, how did you get here?”

James stopped Lily before she could answer by asking, “Wait who, are you two? I mean your names.”

“I’m Ron Weasley and that’s Hermione Granger. Oh, and by the way Ginny’s my sister,” Ron explained.

Lily glared at James before answering. “James here set me up to go on a date with him in the Potions classroom and some green light surrounded us and we ended up here.”

James was trying to retaliate by saying the Marauders set them both up but Ron put his hand over his mouth.
“So, you traveled through time.” Ron muttered blankly. James broke free of his grasp.

“What do you mean traveled through time?” he yelled as he waved his arms wildly. “We’re still in Hogwarts!”

Hermione nodded. “Yes, but this is about twenty-five years after you’ve left Hogwarts and,” she paused before going on. Lily looked at her as if she had gone mad.

Ron took over from there. “Your son, Harry, is our best friend.” James beamed at him.

“My boy is at Hogwarts?”

Ron nodded. “Actually he’s both of you guys’ sons.” Lily put on a look of fake disgust, but James’ face immediately went scarlet again. Hermione gave Ron a death stare before turning to the other two.

“So, Harry and Ginny are in the past. It must be Snape’s Switching Solution!” she moaned. Ron’s eyes grew wide.

“Snivelous is here too?” James asked. Ron nodded.

“He’s the Potions Master.” The four of them exchanged looks of complete disgust before moving on.

“So, now that we all understand each other, what are we going to do about this?” Lily asked.

Hermione shook her head slowly. “There’s a cure,” Ron said. “But it takes a month to complete.” Hermione beamed at him for a moment without looking anywhere else until James started coughing loudly. Lily sighed heavily.

“Leave them alone, Jamie,” she shot at him. Ron started snickering uncontrollably. “So, we have to pretend to be this Harry Potter and Ginny Weasley for a month?”

“We’ll have to look up this cure, and in the meantime make a few changes,” Hermione said as she slowly surveyed the two in front of her. “You’re taller then Harry. What year are you in?”

“Seventh,” James stated proudly as he flashed his Head Boy badge making it glitter in the light.

“Take that off! We’re only in sixth year,” Ron moaned as he snatched it off of his robes. “Actually, Ginny’s only in fifth, but that’s okay. You should know all of the answers.” Lily took off her own Head Girl badge and handed it over to him before she was attacked.

James grinned. “This should be a breeze.” Lily nodded slowly.

“This better work because I’m not planning on taking the O.W.L.s again!”

Ron shifted nervously from foot to foot hoping that he was right about the cure. Hermione whipped out her wand and pointed it at James who backed away quickly.
“Hey, Granger, I didn’t mean anything by it,” he muttered quietly.

Hermione sighed deeply. “Look, if you’re going to be Harry you need to look like Harry.” Ron nodded.

“I’m sure people would notice if the-Boy-Who-Lived suddenly lost his scar.” Hermione stepped on his foot. She didn’t want them to know about them dying before it actually happened. It could change everything. Ron howled in pain and his eyes started to water profusely.

Hermione muttered some nonsense words and suddenly, behind his black rimmed spectacles, his chocolate brown eyes disappeared and emerald green ones were in their place. Lily stared at him and gasped. “Those are my eyes.”

“Told you,” Ron murmured. Hermione now pointed her wand at his forehead and a scar almost identical, if not truly identical, to Harry’s appeared there.

“How’d he get the scar?” Lily asked curiously.

Before Ron could answer Hermione blurted out “Car crash.” and left it at that.She made a swift movement of her wand towards Lily and her eyes changed from emerald green to chocolate brown in an instant.

“There. Hopefully no one will notice the height difference, because I don’t know a height charm,” Hermione replied dully.

“Nobody will notice. I didn’t even notice, Ron replied laughing.

“That’s true,” Lily pointed out yawning.

“Aw, poor Evans is tired. Maybe we should retreat to the good old Gryffindor Common Room,” James suggested. Ron and Hermione nodded as the four made their way to the Gryffindor common room, the same one as when the Marauders used it.
/////////////////////////////
((Let’s check in on Ginny and Harry shall we? ))

“What’s the matter with you two had a little too much fun?” Sirius chuckled at the sight of the two of them fighting with each other.

“Er” Harry started to say, but Ginny slammed a desk top on his fingers. He yelled in pain and jumped up and down frantically.

“Jeez, Evans, what’d Jamie do to you?” he looked a bit concerned now. Ginny rolled her brown eyes to the ceiling and the light hit them, making them glimmer slightly.

“It’s just kind of the fact that he exists makes me sick,” she said smirking.

Harry glared back at her with his face full of jet black hair. He blew it off irritably revealing his lightning-bolt shaped scar. Sirius looked at him with a concerned look on his face before saying,

“What happened to your forehead, Prongs?”

He looked around wildly for anything he could use to make up a good excuse and his eyes landed on the Quidditch Cup in the corner of the room. His first thoughts were “Slytherin won the cup this year I guess,” to what he said aloud.

“It was a Quidditch accident. I ran into the Whomping Willow and it sort of attacked me.” In reality, neither James nor Harry would run into a giant tree on their broomstick. They were both extremely skilled at Quidditch. However, he did not want his parents’ friends to know the truth about their future.

Sirius gave a bark-like laugh before replying, “Thinking about Evan while you were flying again?” Harry rolled his emerald orbs to the ceiling as Remus Lupin strolled into the room glancing first at Sirius then to the other two. He had heard what Harry had said about his scar and believed it although he didn’t think it was the entire truth. His eyes were now locked with Ginny’s and she quickly looked away at the floor. Remus then looked at Harry and was slightly confused to why James had Lily’s eyes. They both seemed shorter as well.

“Who are you two?” Lupin asked pointing at Harry and Ginny.

Harry and Ginny exchanged looks of terror as Sirius looked at Lupin as if he was “barking” mad. “Moony, it’s James and Lily. Remember we locked them in here earlier.”

“No it’s not. Look this boy has green eyes and the girl has brown ones.” Remus studied the two again before pointing out, “They’re shorter then our friends too.”

Sirius looked again. “Bloody Hell! You’re right! He ran over to Harry and started shaking him violently. “Who are you and what have you done with James and Lily?” Harry couldn’t help but start laughing. His Godfather was even worse as a teen.

Ginny stepped forward into the dim lighting of the room and began to set a civilized conversation with Remus. “I’m Ginny Weasley and that’s Harry Potter.” She pointed to Harry as she spoke.

“Potter?” Sirius exclaimed as he dropped Harry’s shoulders and he fell to the floor with a thud. He picked him up and brushed off his robes for him. “So how are you related to James?”

Harry glanced at Ginny momentarily before answering. “We came from the future. I’m his son. And Lily’s. The Potion I was working on backfired and sent us here and I’m guessing my mum and dad are in our time.” He straightened his glasses on the bridge of his nose.

Ginny looked livid that he had actually told the truth. With her experience with Fred and George, it seemed like the wrong thing to do in this situation.

“That explains it.” Remus nodded. “Sounds like something James would do.”

Sirius laughed. “So, James and Lily end up together.” Ginny nodded before Harry could answer. She didn’t want to reveal anything unnecessary so they could change the future.

“Well, we need to fix you two up,” Lupin whipped out his wand and headed towards Ginny who backed away slightly.

“Fix us up to make us look like Harry’s parents?” Sirius nodded.

“While you’re here, you’ll need to pretend to be them. They can’t have just disappeared into thin air.” Padfoot replied.

“Okay,” Ginny winced slightly as Remus muttered something inaudible and her eyes changed from chocolate brown to emerald green in an instant. Then he moved on to Harry and muttered the same thing as Harry’s emerald green eyes disappeared and chocolate brown ones took their place behind his black framed glasses.

“Nobody will notice the height thing,” Sirius muttered. “I didn’t even notice.” Ginny laughed, but Harry looked put out about something.

“What’s a matter, Harry?” she asked moving over to him and patting him on the back.

“This is seventh year. I’m only in sixth.”

Ginny laughed. “I’m only in fifth, so what? We’ll know the answers ahead of time.” Sirius and Remus exchanged amused looks as they watched the two talk.

“You are a lot like your parents are now,” Remus said thoughtfully. Ginny pulled away from Harry and moved away quickly. “Exactly like they are now.”

Harry laughed. “What GINERVA, don’t like the idea of getting married to me?”

Ginny out her hand on her nose and pinched it shut. “No thank-you.” Her ears turned slightly red at the mention of her full name but she shrugged it off.

“You two look tired.” Sirius commented noticing the purple bags under their eyes. “Why don’t we head to the Gryffindor Common Room to test out Moony’s spellwork?” Ginny and Harry snickered quietly as they followed Sirius and Remus down the hall to the room they had been in so many times.
The Fun Begins by Ginger Hair
As the four made their way into the Common Room full of furniture colored with scarlet and gold, time seemed to stop. No, it’s not a side effect of the Potion or anything; it’s just the fact that the famous James -er- I mean Harry Potter was making his way into the room at this very moment. Ron and Hermione exchanged nervous glances as James walked over to the best seat in the house; the red velvet armchair right in front of the fire, and being who he was, or well who they all thought he was, no one objected. Lily gave an exasperated sigh as she followed him over to the fire. Hermione gave an inaudible sigh of relief as she followed Ron over to the others. Lily was glancing from the students around them to James and back at Ron.


“Is this kid, Harry, famous or something?” she asked sarcastically looking rather annoyed as she rolled her now chocolate brown eyes to the ceiling.

Hermione made a loud tutting noise trying to signal Ron not to answer but like always, he didn’t get the hint. “Sort of. He lived through Avada kadava.” He shrugged. “It’s old news now, except for them.” He jabbed his thumb at the two mousy haired boys who were now making their way over to them, who were of course, Colin and Dennis Creevy.

At that particular moment, James was scanning the room for remnants of their days at Hogwarts. He was far too busy to notice the two younger boys standing gleefully in front of him, one holding a camera. Hermione stared from the Creevys to James and back again for making a highly noticeable fake cough. He seemed to snap back to life as he turned his head around to stare at Colin and Dennis. “Hello…” James paused and glanced at Hermione out of the corner of his now emerald eyes, pleading her to mention their names before anyone became aware that The-Boy-Who-Lived suddenly forgot the names of his two biggest fans.

Lily and Ron exchanged amused looks, with their eyes meeting for a split second before turning away and looking in different directions again before they burst out laughing. Hermione smirked lightly at his predicament and thought of letting him figure it out for himself, but decided to help him, for Harry’s sake of course. “So, Colin, Dennis, how are you?”

Both ignored her greeting and locked eyes with James. “Hey, Harry, mind if I get a picture of you and your friends for my collection?” Colin asked beaming at him. James couldn’t help but laugh. Someone wanted a picture of him-well his son anyway. If this was his time he would have loved this. It was funny to think about, but he soon snapped out of his thoughts because he wasn’t exactly sure which boy this was, or even if he should let him take the picture. So, he took a shot in the dark.

“Sure, Dennis, you can have our picture.”

“Great! But I’m Colin.” Colin responded as he set up the camera flash.

James blushed a brilliant shade of pink as he spoke. “Yes of course. Snape gave us a bit of Memory Drainer today in Potions...” he trailed off as he looked at the red and gold shagged carpet on the floor.

“No he didn’t,” Ron replied thoughtfully thinking back to that day’s class. Hermione elbowed him in the ribs and he stopped mid-sentence, looking at her with an irritated look plastered on his face.

Colin grinned as he finally got the camera to operate inside the magical grounds. “Sorry, I almost forgot to set it to magic operated.” Hermione and Lily laughed. Being muggle-born they both knew about the muggle to magic use of everyday objects. Ron and James exchanged confused looks before looking back at the camera. “Can you all move closer together?” He was acting very professional about this as always. Hermione and Lily sat on the arms of James chair and Ron stuck his fire colored head above the back of it. Colin snapped the picture and grinned. “I’ll show it to you when it’s developed!” And with that he and his brother took off running to their dormitories.

“I don’t think that was such a good idea,” Hermione muttered. “Colin’s got loads of pictures of Harry and I’ll bet he notices the height difference or something.”

“Lighten up Hermione.” Ron said as he poked the cat now sitting on the back of the chair. Ginger haired and bandy legged, Crookshanks hissed at Ron as he extended his claws. “Even Colin’s not that obsessive.”

“So, this kid comes around and takes pictures of my son because of that horrid scar on his head?” Lily exclaimed as she jumped off of the chair and brushed off her robes. She didn’t seem to like the fact that she was so close to James for a whole minute. “That’s very odd.”

Hermione nodded slowly as she watched her cat being tormented by Ron. James was staring at the cat and the boy now, too. “Ron, you’d better stop before he…” James was cut off by the hissing and spitting cat as it lashed out at Ron and rushed off under Hermione’s bed, leaving Ron standing with his mouth hanging open and wearing his now tattered Gryffindor robes.

“Bloody cat,” Ron muttered as he sat back down on the floor. Lily and James were snickering uncontrollably in the corner and Hermione was wearing a satisfied smirk.

“Serves you right for all you’ve done to him.” She replied sarcastically.

James yawned as he stretched his arms out wide and hit Lily square in the face. “Harry!” she yelled as he jumped off of the chair and headed straight for the boys’ dorms. Lily scowled and stomped after him.

“I guess he didn’t realize girls are allowed in the boy’s quarters here as well,” Ron chuckled as he went off to help James fend Lily off. Hermione was now left alone in the full common room. She glanced towards the door to the boy’s dorms and caught site of Ron’s red head hurrying through the doorway. She sighed as she followed the other three into Harry and Ron and now James’ room.

/////////////////////////////

Four young Gryffindors clambered their way into the common room through the portrait hole. Harry scanned the room momentarily before realizing that it was almost completely the same, except for the fact that the Quidditch Cup was missing from its display on the mantle. He spotted his favorite spot near the fire and began making his way over to the red velvet armchair. Just as hew as about to sit down, a little redheaded first year took his place in it. Harry blinked as he stared at the young boy, who looked like a mini version of Ron. He couldn’t believe a mere first year had denied THE Harry Potter of his favorite armchair. Oh, wait. He wasn’t Harry anymore. He groaned as he made his way back over to the others fuming.

“I can’t believe that little prat took MY chair.”

Ginny was giggling uncontrollably into the back of Remus’ robes as Remus smirked at him. Sirius put his arm around Harry’s shoulders and walked him over to a spot in the corner of the room. “Listen, Potter, you’re in our time now. And something tells me you got that scar somewhere else, but I’m not going to ask. You maybe little Prince Potter in your time,” He poked Harry in the chest with his index finger. “But here, you’re King Potter. James Potter, co-king of the pranks, along with me of course.”

Remus rolled his eyes as he slumped into a red leather armchair in the corner. Ginny sat on the arm of his chair and Sirius leaned against the wall. Harry stared at them all momentarily before taking the seat opposite Remus. Ginny’s now emerald eyes scanned the room for someone, but couldn’t seem to find him anywhere. “Where's that rat Pettigrew?”

Harry flashed her a small smile before giving her an angry stare. Even if Pettigrew did turn his parents in, he wanted them to find it out for themselves. He knew what happened to wizards who messed with time, and he did not want to end up like they had.

Remus looked confused at how they had known about them being Animagi and Sirius just replied, “He’s on holiday with his parents.” Then he rethought what Ginny had just said. “How’d you know about our being Animagi?”

“I’m a true Seer.” She put two fingers to her forehead and closed her eyes in a kind of trance. “You will eat dog biscuits for a snack tonight.”

Harry laughed and Remus rolled his eyes as Sirius looked thunderstruck. “How did you know that?”

“She already told you, Padfoot,” Harry replied dully. Remus sighed as he looked Sirius in the eye.

“You’re a dog Animagus. You ALWAYS eat dog biscuits at night.” He looked thoughtfully at Ginny. “Come to think of it so do I, with my condition.”

“You mean being a werewolf?” Harry replied with a slight twinkle in his eyes. Being back with his father’s old friends was great.

“Shut up, mini Prongs,” he shot back as he glanced over his shoulder. Thankfully nobody was listening. “You can’t go around blabbing that all over the place. In this time, nobody knows that yet.”

Harry nodded thoughtfully as a grey and black tabby cat bounded up to them. It jumped onto Remus’ chair and sat in Ginny’s lap. “Ah, it’s dear Tabby, Lily’s beloved cat.” Sirius had a weird glimmer in his eye at the moment; a very mischievous one. Ginny stroked the cat’s fur gently. She had always been a cat lover.

“What’s the matter?” she asked suddenly as she caught the look on both Remus and Sirius’ faces. Lupin looked amused, but Sirius looked oddly angry, like a growling dog.

“The cat, it seems to have it for Padfoot, here,” Remus replied trying to keep Sirius from getting too close fruitlessly. Soon, he was right on top of the cat with that crazed look in his eye. Harry couldn’t help but laugh. Later in life, the great bear-like dog would befriend a monster of a cat known as Crookshanks.

Ginny pushed him away irritably. “What’s he ever done to you?”

Sirius didn’t take his eyes off of the cat while he spoke. “It tried to kill me once!” He yelled as he and the cat locked eyes. Tabby hissed and Sirius made a lunge for him as the cat extended its claws. He scratched Sirius’ hand making it bleed before running off under a table in the common room.

“See what you did?” Ginny asked irritably as she tried to coax the cat out with no luck. Sirius rolled his eyes as he wrapped his injured hand in his robe sleeve.

“Really, Sirius was that necessary?” Harry remarked as he pulled Ginny off of the floor.

“Actually, considering that the cat almost drowned him once, I think he controlled himself quite well.” Remus said. Harry and Ginny laughed, thinking of Sirius face while he was tricked by a cat. “The cat doesn’t like James either so watch out.”

Sirius yawned as he slumped into a dog-like seat on the floor. Remus remained on his chair and Harry pulled Ginny over to his chair with a twinkle in his eye. “Potter, what are you doing?”

“Nothing,” he replied simply as a smile played along his face. Remus and Sirius exchanged satisfied smirks as they watched Harry’s plan take action. He sat down and she stared at him without blinking. She rolled her eyes and sat on the arm of his chair with her arms crossed. After a moment or two of nothing happening she relaxed a bit and leaned against the back of the chair for support. She slowly closed her eyes and then. THUMP. Harry pushed her off of the chair onto the red and gold carpet. She let out an ear piercing shriek as he took of to the dormitories with Ginny at his heels.

“I guess he didn’t realize he doesn’t know where our dorm is.” Remus chuckled as he followed the redhead through the door with Sirius laughing his bark like a dog the whole way.
Old and New Rivals by Ginger Hair
The weekend went surprisingly well for both groups of wizards and witches in training, seeing as half of them were in the wrong time. Mostly they sat around reading books or in other cases went out onto the Quidditch pitch for a go on the broomsticks. Except for Saturday, when they began to make that cure we were talking about before. Other then that, it was quite normal. We’ll start with a look on how Lily and James are doing in the present time.

Monday morning dawned cold and grey, slightly comparable to Draco Malfoy’s eyes. Hermione and Ron were already in the common room waiting for the other two to come down. Ron’s blue eyes were focused on the fireplace, watching the flames dance around it. As for Hermione, her head was buried in a book as always. At that very moment, another student with flaming red hair came ambling down the stairs that led to the girls’ dormitories, Lily of course.

Ron shot half a glance at Hermione as she walked in and quickly averted his eyes from hers. After Lily and James’ little row on Friday night well, let’s just say it ended with a right little argument in the boys’ dorms that resulted in James’ head getting turned into a kumquat. But enough about that. Madam Promfrey cleared it up in a few minutes anyway.

Lily gave her piercing glare before sliding into the best seat in the house, right in front of the fire. She chanced a glance at the other two and her eyes settled on Ron. “What’s the matter Ronniekins, never seen your sister sit down before?”

Ron smirked lightly. “Not there.” He gestured to the chair Lily was seated in. “Ginny’s never been brave enough to sit there.” Hermione watched the conversation progress and rolled her chocolate eyes to the ceiling.

“You two could really be related,” she muttered. “They way you act.”

Ron opened his mouth to retaliate but at that exact moment a boy with messy black hair emerged from his slumber in the boys’ dorms. His eyes scanned the room quickly and noticed the others gathered by the fire. Oddly enough, James’ head still seemed a bit misshapen as he skidded to a halt in front of them. “Ron, Hermione, Evans,” he muttered as he caught eyes with Lily for a brief second before turning away.

“What’s wrong Jamie? Want your head transfigured again?” Lily stood up and gripped her wand tightly as they locked eyes. Electricity seemed to issue from both sets of orbs as Ron stepped between the two.

“Harry, Ginny stop,” he replied annoyed. “You guys never fight.” Lily huffed something under his breath as she pocketed her wand and James backed away rubbing his glasses clean.

“Fine. Anyways, what’s the schedule?” James asked.

“Well,” Hermione said standing up and putting the book down on the table. “You’re coming with us to History of Magic, Charms, and Double Potions and Lily’s going with them.” She pointed to a group of fifth years near the door.

“Okay,” Lily murmured as she stalked off to the fifth years with a sly smirk plastered on her face. It seemed like an odd sort of smirk, like she was planning something.

/////////////////////////////

Sirius sat in the common room with Remus as they waited for Ginny and Harry to make their appearance. After their little fight on Friday night, they had been in their separate dormitories. Ginny slowly emerged from the girls’ dorms and glanced around the room momentarily making sure Harry wasn’t there yet. After the fight, Sirius had to push her out of the boy’s dormitories to get her out of the way, and now she was a bit cross with him and Harry. She sighed as she took the seat in front of the fire. Hey, why not? She thought. It’s not like it’s actually me.

“Lily,” Remus greeted her as he ambled over to her chair and sat on the arm of it. Ginny nodded absentmindedly. Her thoughts were definitely somewhere else at the moment.

“Hey, Evans, are you still mad about Friday night?” Sirius teased as he slid onto the carpet in front of them. Ginny opened her mouth to reply, but at that very moment, Harry came running down the stairs and slid to a stop in front of them. The tips of his jet black bangs seemed to be singed.

Ginny laughed. “I guess you found my little surprise, huh?” Harry glared at her and mouthed what she said repeatedly. He was thoroughly annoyed.

“Yeah, I seemed to notice when that ruddy cat started breathing fire at me.” Sirius had an appalled look on his face, but Remus was laughing right alongside Ginny.

“Serves him right anyway. Nice use of the Fire Charm in Transfiguration, Evans.” Remus murmured. Ginny nodded as she fell off of the chair from laughter.

Sirius rolled his eyes as he patted Harry’s head to make the hair look more normal. “Great Hall, then?” he asked as he nudged Remus to make him stop laughing.

“Nah, try these instead.” Ginny piped up as she took out some yellow cakes. Harry recognized them at once as Fred and George’s Canary Creams and looked at them reluctantly. Ginny groaned as she caught his glance and took a cake out of the pile and unwrapped it. She popped it into her mouth and absolutely nothing happened. “See, they’re fine.” So the three boys each took a cake and began to eat.

Once the cakes were gone, they were about to set off to Transfiguration class, but then something rather odd happened. Sirius burped. Yes he burped, but that’s not all that happened. Instantly, he burst into a huge yellow canary. Ginny looked rather pleased with herself as Remus glanced from the bird to Ginny and back again. Harry was currently rolling around on the floor with laughter. “Oh, come off it. It wasn’t that funny,” Sirius remarked as he tried to grasp his wand with his newly formed wings. After about ten minutes of dropping the wand on the floor repeatedly, Ginny took pity on him and changed him back.

“Come on you three. It’s transfiguration next.” She had a broad grin on her face, and no one knew if it would ever fade away.

/////////////////////////////

The morning had gone all right considering James kept asking whose children the students were in every single class. Ron and Hermione tried to keep him to a dull roar and everybody seemed to think it all had something to do with his previous head injury. So after lunch in the Great Hall with Lily, Ron led the other two to the dungeons for their Double Potions lesson.

The room was just a dully lit and gloomy as ever as Hermione walked over to their normal table in the back of the room. Ron and Hermione took their usual seats with James in between the two of them. They exchanged nervous glances with each other before Snape walked into the room. Yes, the same Greasy haired abnormally large nosed Snape James knew as a child although he was now an adult. James let out a low gasp and started laughing into his robe sleeve uncontrollably.

Snape’s head whipped around to face him. “Mr. Potter is there something wrong?”

“Just the fact that you are a teacher makes me kind of lightheaded, Snivellus.” James replied slyly. Hermione buried her head in her hands and Ron started staring blankly at the blackboard. Harry would never insult Snape the way his father just had and everybody knew it. All eyes were on James and he could feel them boring into his face as he stared determinedly at Snape.

“Ten points from Gryffindor,” Snape said simply. Groaning could be heard throughout the room from the annoyed Gryffindors, but you could also hear the satisfied hissing of the Slytherins, especially one Draco Malfoy. Then Snape walked over to James and put his face so close to James’ that their noses were almost touching. “I told you never to mention that Potter.”

James managed to control himself for the rest of the class and contented himself with muttering everything Snape said under his breath three seconds after he said it, much to the enjoyment of his fellow Gryffindors. However, at the end of class, a blond haired grey eyed boy stood in his path so that he couldn’t reach the door.

“Move,” James said coldly.

“No, Potter. You know better then to insult our House Head and get away with it,” Draco sneered as Crabbe and Goyle joined him at the door.

Ron grasped James’ shoulders so he wouldn’t go crazy and throw a punch like he was most likely to do. Hermione sighed as she walked right up to Draco and muttered “The Amazing bouncing ferret.” At that moment they’d all forgotten about being magic and having wands. They resorted to muggle fighting.

He’d had it Draco’s hands balled into fists and he plowed his fist at Hermione’s bushy brown head. Ron immediately let go of James so he could block Malfoy’s hit and James plowed his own fist into Draco’s head, which started to bleed profusely.

As Snape walked onto the scene, Draco was being held back by Ron who was locked in a headlock by Goyle. Crabbe had Hermione by the arms and she was screaming her head off. James was just about to slam Malfoy in the nose when Snape yelled. “Silence! Fifty points from Gryffindor and you three receive detention.” He pointed at Ron, Hermione and James. Then he walked out.

“You deserve it.” Malfoy panted as Ron let go of him. In turn Goyle let go of Ron.

“It was worth it.” James replied as he straightened his glasses that were now hanging by one ear.

Crabbe let go of Hermione who whipped out her wand, but thought better and pocketed it again. The two groups just stared at each other momentarily before James walked through the chain of Slytherins with Ron and Hermione at his heels.

/////////////////////////////

As Harry, Ginny, Remus, and the normal human version of Sirius walked into the Transfiguration classroom, Harry almost fell over in shock. He knew that Dumbledore would still be the headmaster but he had completely forgotten about McGonagall being the Transfiguration professor. She looked almost the same, but her now naturally brown hair was worn down, and her eyes seemed to have a slight mischievious glint in them.

Ginny had to hold Harry steady, which was quite a challenge, since he weighed more then she did. Sirius barked-er- laughed and helped her get him back on his feet. Ginny and Harry took seats in the table behind Sirius and Remus. The other two turned around and craned their necks to talk to the others. They must have been early, for they were the only ones in the room at the time. I spoke to soon. At that very moment a group of Slytherin seventh years piled into the room, including one greasy haired abnormally large nosed teenager named Severus Snape.

“Snivellus.” Harry murmured. Then Snape walked through the classroom to a seat in the very front of the room. Sirius and Remus exchanged excited glances while Ginny stared curiously at the teenage Snape and Back at Harry.

“Is that Snape?” she asked in awe.

“No, that Snivellus,” Sirius corrected her with a nod. “Yeah it’s Snape.” There seemed to be an odd crackling of electricity coming from the three boys’ eyes at the moment because Ginny snapped her fingers in front of each set of brown eyes and none of them blinked at all. She rolled her emerald eyes to the ceiling as the class began.

“Today we will start learning how to Transfigure humans…” This is the part of Mcgonagall’s lecture that Harry drifted off at. He kept glancing anxiously back at Snape then at Sirius and Remus. He finally had the chance to give Snape what he deserved.

At the end of class McGonagall dismissed them all, but Remus, Sirius, and Harry stood in front of the door just daring Snape to provoke them. Ginny sighed as she joined them near the door. After all, this could be interesting.
As Snape neared the door, Harry took his chance. “Hey, Snivellus.”

“Move.” Snape replied simply as he put his book in his back and pulled out his wand.

“Temper, Snivlly.” Sirius teased as Remus summoned Snape’s wand out of his hands. Snape’s hands balled into fists as he spoke.

“Potter, move.”

“No.” Harry replied simply. Now Snape didn’t have many friends, but being a Slytherin, the other Slytherins wouldn’t let one of their own get kicked around by a bunch of Gryffindors. So a group of three burly Slytherins with very Malfoy-like features joined Snape. Harry couldn’t help it. His hands balled into fists and WHAM. He plowed his fist into Snape’s face. His already crooked nose started bleeding again. Remus and Sirius held his arms back as Harry prepared to hit him again. But at that exact moment, McGonagall walked in and saw the scene progress. “Potter, Black, Lupin, Evans, detention.” She murmured in the same stern voice Harry had heard so many times before.

At that Remus and Sirius dropped Snape back onto the cold stone floor. Ginny stood there with her mouth hanging slightly open. She hadn’t even done anything! The two groups of students stared at each other with electricity in their eyes before Ginny threw up her hands and walked out. Remus, Sirius, and Harry followed at her heels.

“I didn’t even do anything,” Ginny whined once they were safely in the hallway.

“You should’ve had some fun. It was worth it and anyway, you still got detention.” Harry laughed as Ginny started chasing him down the empty corridor with Remus and Sirius at their heels.
Detention by Ginger Hair
The night of their detention was drawing nearer, only minutes away in fact. But, there’s one slight twist here that could change the whole night, well at least for James. Let’s just say after hearing how Draco talked to James in that arrogant little tone of his, Lily went kind of crazy on him. How you might ask? Well let’s just say that Professor McGonagall found her with an unconscious Malfoy in the middle of a girls’ bathroom. Very odd occurrence if I say so myself. But, this leaves us to Miss Evans’ punishment. She is sentenced to detention with the others. Sometimes teachers are so stupid. I mean detention with your friends is never that bad. Anyway, let’s get back to the present shall we?

James stood near the portrait hole with a frown on his face. It seemed to be stuck there because even when Ron and Hermione appeared next to him he merely nodded.

“Why are you so depressed?” Hermione asked irritably. She hated it when Harry was depressed and this was about ten times worse.

“I’m not really. I’m just over dramatic,” James shrugged.

“Oh, reminds me of someone,” Ron muttered.

Hermione grinned. “It’s not Harry’s fault.” Lily came bounding down the stairs of the girls’ dormitories and ran across the room ending in an over dramatic fall onto the carpet. “His parents were just a tad over dramatic.” She held two fingers about an inch apart to signify this. Ron started sniggering as Lily and James exchanged slightly confused looks. James had drifted off of their conversation and Lily only hearing part of it was no better off then he was.

“Well, off to a very depressing detention, then?” Lily asked as she ambled over to the portrait hole. Ron and Hermione nodded and James just started clambering through the hole.

Once they arrived in the dimly lit dungeon that was the Potions room, they found it empty, except for Snape who was wearing a fluffy pink nightgown. “What are you doing here?” he shrieked as he rushed into his office and closed the door with a snap. “You weren’t supposed to be here for a half an hour!”

“That’s not what the note we got said,” Ron pointed out as all four of them pulled out slips of parchment revealing the time of detention. All read the same; 7:00 sharp.

Snape remerged from the office wearing his normal black robes. “None of you will speak of this. Is that clear?” he hissed as Ron and James started snickering. All four of them nodded in reply, although not one of them was planning on keeping this a secret for very long. “Now, for your detention you will be going with Hagrid. I think into the forest.”

The color seemed to drain from Ron’s face as he remembered the giant spiders. Hermione shivered slightly and Lily’s mouth hung slightly open. On the other hand, James seemed rather calm about all of this. He let out a bored yawn. “All right troops, forward march!” James yelled in a mock platoon leader tone as Ron, Hermione, and Lily started out the door repeating “Sound off, one two. Sound off three four. Sound off one, two, three, and four.”

Once they reached Hagrid’s cabin, the large head of Rubeus Hagrid peered at them the depths of the trees. Actually, he was barely in the forest, but oh well. “Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny.” His giant voice boomed as he called them over to the edge of the trees.

“Hello, Hagrid,” Ron stuttered staring into the trees apprehensively. Hermione forced a smile and Lily was clinging to James’ shoulder.

“So what is our noble task?” James asked as he bran dashed an invisible sword through the air.

“It’s a righ’ hard task and I wouldn’t trust any o’ the other students ‘cept you four.” Ron cowered behind Hermione as Hagrid spoke and Lily’s nails dug into James’ skin. He pushed her away irritably. His eyes glimmered with curiosity. He really wanted to know what this hard task was. “We’re goin’ on the edge of the trees here to catch the missing flobberworms.”

James’ face fell as the others breathed a sigh of relief. They were each set at strategic points around the perimeter of the trees watching for the missing flobberworms. It turned out to be pretty fun after all. The person who caught he most of the retched worms was rewarded with a huge slab of Honeyduke’s chocolate.

Throughout the grounds you could hear the grunts and screams of Ron, Hermione, Lily and James diving on the ground for the flobberworms. Once all fifty were caught, they were dismissed. It turned out Hermione had actually caught the most. She caught twenty while all the others had only managed to get ten. “Don’ expect all of your detentions to be this fun!” Hagrid yelled after them as they walked slowly back to Gryffindor Tower. All four of them were covered head to toe in dirt, or maybe some of it was chocolate. Hermione had been nice enough to share it with the rest of them. By the time they reached the portrait hole and got inside the common room it was nearly 8:30.

Once inside they collapsed onto the carpet and practically fell asleep. Ron would have been asleep except for the fact that Crookshanks was lurking near the corner of the room. So they sat there for a moment before actually blacking out. Actually, Lily was the only one awake. Not a good sign for the others.

/////////////////////////////

Harry sat in the middle of the common room floor trading Chocolate Frog cards with Sirius. It was but a few minutes away from their detention with Dumbledore but seeing as it was Dumbledore Harry wasn’t too worried. Yes, their detention is with Dumbledore only because McGonagall gave too many students detention on the same night, and couldn't squeeze them in. Very McGonagall-like, eh? Anyway, Remus was above them in a red velvet armchair watching the debating of trading a new Harry Potter Chocolate Frog card with an old Merlin one. They were both mint condition. Eventually Sirius gave in and took the Harry card as he reluctantly handed over his Merlin card.

Just then Ginny came hurtling down the stairs and landed with a THUD on the carpeted floor. “Detention is in five minutes!” she squeaked as Remus pulled her off of the ground.
“Don’t worry Evans. Dumbledore’s always late for detentions,” Sirius replied as he pocketed his new collector’s cards. Harry chuckled.

“Dumbledore is always late fore everything,” He pointed out as he jumped off of the carpet as if he was scalded and pocketed his own Wizard’s cards. Remus sighed as he followed the other three down to the Headmaster's office.

When they got to the stone gargoyle, Harry realized he didn't know the password, so he muttered the first thing that came into his head. "Lemon drop." Sure enough the gargoyle jumped aside and the golden escalator to Dumbledore's office appeared. The four of them climbed aboard and arrived on a landing with giant oak doors. Ginny opened them apprehensively.

When they arrived in the bright lighted room, they found it completely empty. That is besides a large scarlet bird perched on a golden perch in the corner. “Fawkes,” Harry murmured as he stroked the phoenix’s feathers affectionately. The bird had after all saved his life. Ginny grinned as she patted his head. The two stepped away to let Sirius and Remus have a turn. As soon as Sirius placed his hand upon the bird’s soft feathers, it burst into flames leaving a pile of light grey ash in the golden tray beneath the perch.

“Bloody Hell!” Sirius exclaimed as he backed away quickly. “I’ve killed Dumbledore’s bird!” Remus slowly backed away and looked at Sirius. Hew as very startled that the bird had just caught fire. Ginny and Harry exchanged amused looks as they tried their best to look shocked and confused as well.

Just then, Dumbledore walked into the room. “Professor I didn’t mean to but your bird. It just caught fire,” Sirius explained quickly as he wrung his hands nervously.

Dumbledore let a small laugh escape his lips. “Mr. Black, Fawkes is a phoenix and therefore he can regenerate himself.” Dumbledore stuck a knobby hand into the pile of ash and pulled out a small pink baby bird. The bird blinked at them and quickly recoiled into Dumbledore’s outstretched hand.

Ginny and Harry started giggling but stopped as soon as Dumbledore caught their eyes. Dumbledore’s brilliant blue eyes locked on the scar on Harry’s forehead but seemed to shrug it off. Remus seemed to be processing this in his mind as he nodded slowly and Sirius just looked relieved that he hadn’t done anything wrong for once.

“For your detention, you will be writing apology letters to Mr. Snape. As soon as I approve them, you may go.” Harry snorted with laughter and Ginny held in a giggle. They both thought this was a joke, but obviously it was not. Remus and Sirius had looks of disgust plastered on their faces. All four of them pulled out parchment, quill, and ink and began to write.

Harry wrote at least twelve inches of parchment about being sorry in about fifteen minutes. He reread it twice before handing it to Dumbledore. Dumbledore’s electric blue eyes flew across the page quickly and approved it. Ginny walked up shortly after and hers was approved as well. The two of them walked out of the door and leaned against the wall waiting for the other two to emerge.

After about another half an hour, Remus appeared next to them. It took at least a full hour before Sirius finally came out of the room with a disgusted look on his face.

“That was horrible,” Sirius muttered. “Absolutely horrible.” The four of them began making their way down the hallway to the common room. Sirius seemed to be beating himself up on the inside over what he had put on that parchment.

“I know what you mean, Padfoot,” Remus agreed as he rolled his eyes to the ceiling. “Dear old Dumbledore always has the most creative ideas.”

“I don’t see what all the fuss is about. It could’ve been worse,” Harry replied. The other three stopped dead in their tracks. Sirius and Remus glanced at him open mouthed.

“Harry, that’d be like you having to write an apology letter to Malfoy,” Ginny explained. Harry now had a terrified look in his brown eyes.

“Never mind, that was crazy.” They all laughed as Ginny pushed Harry to the floor. Ginny sped off down the hall and made a sharp right turn as the three boys followed her just behind.
Quidditch Through the Ages: Part 1 by Ginger Hair
Let’s catch up a bit, shall we? Both groups of students made it through their first week all right despite the fact that half of them were a bit disoriented. But this weekend something big is happening. No, wait not big something HUGE is happening. The Quidditch Cup matches are set for this Saturday. No problem. Both the Potters can play right? Wrong. You see both of them can play all right, but they play different positions. James is a Chaser while Harry is a Seeker. How will this unfold?

James was sitting in the Common Room with a dazed look on his tired face. It seems he had stayed up all night thinking about today’s match. Ron came bounding down the stairs his red hair flying in the breeze even though there was no breeze. It seemed he had ruffled it to make it look worn from the wind. He noticed the purple bags underneath James’ eyes. His glasses only made them magnified ten times. “Ah Harry? You look a bit tired. You sure you’re up for today?”

James seemed to snap out of his daydream at that precise moment. “I’m fine-Just-can’t-play-Seeker,” he murmured dully.

Ron’s eyes grew wide as he put an arm around James’ shoulder. There were other students in the room at the time so the Harry thing had to stay. “Look, Harry. You’ll do fine. You’re never nervous.”

“Right,” was his simple reply as Ron led him towards the portrait hole. He had to support him all the way down to the Great Hall and once they arrived there the whole Gryffindor table erupted with applause. This only made James feel worse as he slumped on the bench next to Lily.

Lily had to hold in her laughter. She had never played Quidditch in her life, so she wouldn’t know the pressure. But today she would find out what those pressures were. “So, you ready for the match later, Ginny?” Hermione said cautiously.

“WHAT? I play Quidditch?” Lily stammered as she spit her pumpkin juice out of her nose in surprise. This seemed to make James perk up a bit because he then returned to his favorite pastime of abusing Lily.

“What’s a matter Evans? Been a witch all this time and you still can’t fly a broom straight?” Ron cast a sideways glance at Hermione before sneezing into the bowl of pudding he was eating while Hermione remained completely calm and collected as usual. The remark seemed to leave a bit of a mark on Lily however because she picked up Ron’s bowl of pudding and slammed it into James’ face making his glasses go flying.

James just sighed and pulled the bowl off of his face before licking the remaining pudding off of his face. Ron retrieved his missing glasses and handed them over, but not before telling him that he had sneezed in that pudding. James reacted by coughing uncontrollably and making a very good impression of throwing up but the other three knew better then to believe him. Meanwhile the whole mass of students sitting at the Gryffindor table was staring at them with wide eyes.

Ron shrugged it off and stood up waiting for the other two to follow as he headed of to the Quidditch pitch. After changing into their scarlet Quiddtch robes the Gryffindor team sat down to listen to yet another pep talk from yet another captain. This year it was Katie Bell the only remaining original Quidditch team member besides Harry. This year’s pep talk was extremely long and boring resulting in Lily curled up like a cat across Ron’s lap and James’ head lolling back and forth on Ron’s shoulder.

After realizing that half of her team was asleep, Katie cut her speech short and led them out onto the field. Three fourths of the stands were decked out in red and gold all cheering “Go, go Gryffindor.” Yes, even though Gryffindor had beaten Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw this year they couldn’t bare to see Slytherin win the Cup again. But there was still that highly noticeable section of green and silver all hissing and singing their favorite tune ‘Weasley is our King’ as well as the newly added verse about Ginny.

Ron knew better then to take this too seriously. He had played fine last year with this stupid song as well as all of this year but it was a bit different for Lily. As the Slytherins burst into “Weasley is our King. Weasley cannot score a thing, she cannot hit a single ring, that’s why Gryffindors all sing Weasley is our King.” She turned a violent shade of purple A bit odd to call her a King isn’t it? It’s all part of the insults of Slytherin House. Her face showed her anger more then anything.

“What a load of rubbish,” she muttered under her breath as she fingered the Cleansweep Seven in her hand. James looked a bit insulted as well as they had added a verse about Harry.

The sea of green and silver then burst into “Potter is a witch. He cannot even see the snitch, he’ll never ever catch the snitch, that’s why Slytherins all sing Potter is a witch.” Sure it was poorly written but insulting all the same. James’ face turned an eerie pale color as he ran his hand down the smooth handle of the Firebolt. Ron on the other hand was laughing so hard he was crying. He wiped the tears from his eyes quickly because of the death stares he was getting from James and Lily as well as the rest of the team.

Just then Madam Hooch’s whistle blew. The two teams assembled on the line marking half the field. Katie stepped forward to shake hands with the Slytherin captain who was of course a guy. They never let girls play on the Slytherin team. From what Ron could see over the head of James and Lily it looked as if both of them were attempting to crush each others’ fingers, but neither of them showed any sign of pain. Time seemed to stand still for a moment while James caught Draco’s cold grey eyes. He was determined to catch that snitch and prove himself-or rather Harry’s self- to him.

At that, Madam Hooch released the Bludgers and the Golden snitch. James’ eyes followed the glint of gold intently as long as possible before it disappeared. Then, as one she blew the whistle and threw up the Quaffle. As one fourteen broomsticks rose into the air as Lily caught the Quaffle in midair. Ron hovered anxiously in front of the goal posts as he watched the Quaffle’s progress down the field. James on the other hand was circling the field for that one hint of gold that was the snitch. It seemed Malfoy was doing the same because he was right on James’ tail, literally. He had a hold of the tail of the Firebolt as he flew behind him smirking. “Having fun, Potter?” Draco taunted him in his annoying drawling voice. Down below you could hear the heated moans of the Gryffindor supporters calling for a penalty as one “HOLDING!”

Laughing lightly James replied, “Actually, this is rather fun.” And with that he turned the broom sharply towards the ground making Malfoy go down with him. Being Malfoy he didn’t have the brain to let go and just went plummeting to the ground. James pulled out of the dive swiftly but Draco couldn’t seem to let go and went flying face first into the manicured grass below.

Meanwhile, Ron had just blocked another shot from the Slytherin Chasers making the score 30-10 Gryffindor. He tossed it skillfully to Katie who passed it to Lily who shot and… missed again. There was another groan from the red and gold in the stands as Slytherin came down and scored again. The score was now 30-20; this was still a very close game and James had just seemed to realize that it was for the Quidditch cup. He started frantically circling the field again and noticed a glint of gold below. He dived quickly down on top of one of the Slytherin Beaters and it turned out to be a gold watch. The Beater seemed to notice his presence then because he slammed him in the nose with his bat.

Now with a bloody nose he flew back to the Gryffindor side of the field and hovered next to Ron. “Is this always this brutal?”

“Depends on who they’re playing,” Ron shouted as three Chasers started bearing down on him. He made a wild dive in front of the hoop but missed making the score 30 all. With his ears glowing red he tossed the Quaffle back out. “It’d be good if you caught the snitch soon…”

At the moment James was a bit preoccupied with thoughts of being a Chaser on this team. They would have had the lead if he was Chaser. But he wasn’t he was the Seeker and he had a job to do. He let out an odd yelp as he noticed Malfoy diving for something: something gold. He accelerated on the broom as fast as he could. He was just behind him, he was neck and neck, and he had pulled ahead and then hit the ground with a THUD. Malfoy was laughing above him. “Ever hear of the Wronski Faint, Potter?” It seemed Draco was still sore about the whole dive thing earlier. He pulled a candy bar out of his pocket wrapped in gold paper. So that was what he had seen.

Fuming, James took off again at full speed. His ears were throbbing but he could still hear a chorus of “Weasley is our King” the original version. He chanced a glance back at Ron who had been knocked by a Bludger leaving the goal posts wide open. What were these beaters thinking? James thought angrily as he looked at the Slytherin goal posts. They all seemed to be celebrating the goal that had put them in the lead.

James groaned as he saw Malfoy slapping all of the other Slytherin team members on the back. James rolled his eyes irritably and noticed something down by the goalposts: the snitch! He hovered over there slowly so the other team wouldn’t get too suspicious and then his fingers closed around the golden ball. It felt cold to his touch as it struggled to get free with its silver wings fluttering. He could feel the excitement in the stands as Lily, Ron, Katie, and the other members of the team bombarded him and they flew slowly to the ground in a big scarlet and gold lump.

As they stood in a line waiting to receive the Cup they were to shake hands with the enemy -er- I mean the other team. James reluctantly extended his hand to Draco and they shook but not soon after did the buzzer in James’ hand go off giving Malfoy a small shock. Draco angrily shoved his fist at James’ already bleeding face but he dodged it resulting in the other Slytehrins bearing down on him. He could feel their anger but he could also feel his team’s breath behind him and backing him up. He felt Katie’s hand on his shoulder as Madam Hooch blew her whistle.

“This is unacceptable! You all receive detention!” she yelled at the Slytehrin team.

Smirking lightly James waved back at Draco as he and Ron held the silver Quidditch cup. “You did it, Harry!” Ron laughed as they and the rest of the team were lifted up by the sea of red and gold now spilling from the bleachers onto the field. Lily was next to Ron and she began laughing.

“It’s a rush,” she panted. “But I don’t think I ever want to do it again.”

Ron grinned and exchanged a glance with James. He then ruffled Lily’s hair a bit much to her dismay as they were carried through the oak front doors, but before the entered the Great Hall James hit his head on the top of the door. “Ow…” he muttered as he rubbed his head. This was definitely going to be a night to remember.
Quidditch Through the Ages: Part 2 by Ginger Hair
Well, it seems Lily and James got through the Quidditch Cup match all right, but what about Harry and Ginny? Well, actually just Harry seeing as Lily doesn’t play Quidditch. This should be good.

Harry was still asleep in the boys’ dormitories when a small group of three of three other Gryffindors stood over him. The curtains were still drawn covering his gold and red plaid pajamas and messy black hair. Just then Sirius piped up, “You’d think he’d be at least a bit nervous,” he held his fingers about a millimeter apart to signify this then he rolled his eyes.

“Well, he’s been playing the game since he was eleven,” Ginny replied shrugging. The bewildered looks on Remus and Sirius’ faces made her laugh. “Well, he’s got the skill.”

Lupin’s eyebrows were raised slightly. “Whatever. Are we going to do this or what?” After getting a small nod from the other two he whipped out his wand making the bucket above Harry’s bed wobbled violently. “Okay.” At his command Ginny retched open the scarlet curtains and pulled them off the rack.

“Whas a matter?” Harry asked groggily. He was obviously still half asleep. As he fumbled around in the dark for his glasses Sirius started laughing. “What?” Harry demanded catching sight of Ginny’s flaming head in the darkness.

“Nothing, Harry,” was her simple reply. And then the bucket tipped spilling chocolate all over his head. Not your usual prank, eh? One of Sirius’ stray ideas but anyway the result of this was of Harry spitting the brow syrupy liquid at the other three covering them all in chocolate. The dormitory was now officially a mess. Since that weekend everything had been going amiss with odd pranks every few days. Now the once gold and scarlet room was a mix of chocolate, yellow feathers, scorch marks, and oddly enough green jell-o.

After changing into some clean clothes they wandered down the stairs towards the Great Hall. Sirius had that stupid glint in his eyes again. “So, Harry ready for Chaser action?” At this question Harry missed the trick stair that the other three had jumped making his leg sink into it.

“Great,” Harry muttered sarcastically. It was a combination of being mad at himself for forgetting that he wouldn’t be playing Seeker today but Chaser and that he had missed the trick stair.

Ginny was gaping at him open mouthed and Remus looked utterly disgusted but Sirius on the other hand was now rolling on the floor with laughter. “I say we leave him here and let Ginny here play Chaser. After all she’s got experience…”

“Lily’s not on the substitutes list you idiot,” Remus shot back taking one of Harry’s arms and tugging on it to no prevail; he was stuck and stuck well. Sirius’ face went from amusement to concern. He started pulling at Harry’s other arm resulting in his bones making a strange cracking sound. Now the Marauders were completely panicked along with Harry, but Ginny on the other hand was yawning.

“You can’t tell me none of you know how to get out of the trick step?” The blank expressions on all three boys’ faces told them they hadn’t. “Honestly, have Fred and George got you beat that badly?” Sirius and Remus exchanged confused looks as Ginny sighed heavily and started stroking the wooden grain of the step. It immediately started purring and a mouth like hole appeared releasing Harry’s foot.

He opened his mouth to thank her but at that very moment Sirius pulled him away. “Sorry, but you’ll have to make kissy kissy goo goo later! It’s time for the match!” And with that they rounded the corner to the outside.

Upon reaching the entrance to the Gryffindor changing room they began to change into scarlet and gold Quidditch robes. It seemed they were the same ones they used to this day except without their names on the back. Harry was now pondering if their school was in fact that poor when the captain walked in. He looked uncannily like Oliver Wood, but anyway the long pep talk began and Sirius fell asleep dog-like at Harry’s feet.

Noticing that one of his Chasers had fallen asleep the captain rolled his eyes and kicked him. “Black I’d swear you’re part cat the way you fall asleep all the time.” At this Sirius awoke with a start and began making an odd growling noise as if specifying that he was certainly not part cat. Harry tried to stifle his laughter but began hiccupping. “And you, Potter, can never seem to keep your mouth shut for more then a minute.” Harry huffed indignantly. He had been one of the only ones who had been listening. Oh well. At least this ended the pep talk and like a herd of crimson elephants they appeared at the field.

Standing at the center line was the Slytherin team, as well as their captain who looked like an older version of Draco Malfoy. This sent a sort of shiver up Harry’s spine as the two captains shook hands. These two didn’t seem to want to break each others’ fingers, but they did lock eyes the entire time with what seemed to be electricity emitting from both sets.

Then a woman walked onto the pitch carrying the crate containing the four balls. Harry barely cast her a glance before doing a double take and staring with his mouth open at the younger Professor McGonagall. She had a whistle around her neck as well as a broomstick in her hand. Without saying a word she released the snitch and two bludgers.

Then she blew the whistle and threw up the Quaffle as fourteen broomsticks rose into the air. Harry rocketed upward on the old broomstick and was engaged in a sort of fistfight for possession of the red ball. In the end Slytherin got it and threw it through Gryffindor’s goal posts making the score 10-0. Obviously McGonagall hadn’t seen the Slytehrin beater elbow Harry in the mouth, but the stands had. Ginny was practically hanging off of the railing in the stands moaning for a foul.

Laughing lightly Harry got hit in the head with the Quaffle. Darting forward he tossed it to Sirius for the goal. At least he had tied the score now. Out of habit, he began circling the pitch glancing around every now and then for the snitch. The Slytherin team were all pointing and laughing at the mismatched Chaser as he flew stupidly around the field. Not that this mattered much; Slytherin kept stealing the pass from the Gryffindor Keeper to one of the Chasers for a goal. The score was now 50-10.

Sirius was now yelling “JAMES!” at the top of his lungs as he threw the Quaffle to the last remaining Chaser. Luckily she had caught it and forced in a goal reducing Slytherin’s lead to thirty. In desperation Sirius grabbed one of the beater’s bats and launched a bludger in Harry’s direction.

It made contact with his nose making an odd cracking sound. “Nice one, Padfoot,” Harry yelled hovering slowly back to playing level. His nose was bleeding, but he didn’t care. He was mad now at himself and at everyone around him. He let out a weird grunt before flying in front of the Slytherin Chaser and wrestling the struggling Quaffle out of his hands. Putting on the acceleration he sped off towards the goalposts and scored a goal all by himself.

“How do you like them apples?” he yelled as he resumed circling the field. Apparently one of the Slytherin beaters didn’t like his comment because he sent another bludger collision knocking him to the ground. Gryffindor got a penalty shot and Sirius ‘bravely’ took it and made it. The score was now 50-40. Flying steadily upward, Harry began flying around again. Since the other team had the Quaffle it didn’t make much difference if he did this or not.

Eventually Slytherin took the lead by twenty and Harry was getting anxious. He spotted a glint of gold for a moment but quickly turned away. Looking back again he knew it was the snitch! He silently pantomimed to the Seeker where it was and in a heartbeat the Cup was theirs and it only took a broken nose and another bludger hit to do it. Okay, so his nose wasn’t broken, but still it was rather violent.

Slytherin hadn’t seemed to realize that the snitch had been caught because after the Gryffindor returned to the ground, the captain began throwing the Quaffle repeatedly into the abandoned Gryffindor goalposts trying to rack up the points. Harry pointed this out to Sirius who began laughing hysterically. McGonagall slapped her hand on her forehead irritably before blowing the whistle to make them come down.

The teams stood opposite each other with what seemed to be electricity flowing in their veins. Harry sighed and was the first to shake hands with the Malfoy-looking boy. The Slytherin held out his hand but quickly balled it into a fist and threw it at Harry who ducked. This made Sirius get hit in the face much to the enjoyment of the Slytherin team. Being Harry he pulled a canary cream out of his pocket. “That was pretty good,” he admitted handing over the yellow cake.

“Thanks,” said the Slytherin captain as he took the cake and ate it savagely. The Cup was awarded to the Gryffindors, but not before the Slytherin burst into yellow feathers in front of the whole school. Cheering erupted throughout the stands as the gold and red crested students streamed into the pitch to carry their heroes to the victory feast. Ginny ended up right behind Sirius and Harry and she was laughing uncontrollably.

“I must say that was brilliant.” Lupin was behind her apparently speechless at what had happened. Holding the silver Quidditch Cup over his head Harry dropped it on the floor with a crash only to make the students laugh harder at what had happened.
Where? by Ginger Hair
So, the Quidditch Cup is safely returned to its rightful place. Displayed in the middle of the Gryffindor Common Room sat the magnificent silver cup with scarlet and gold beads draped over it. Yes, these young Gryffindors were rather excited to have the Quidditch Cup back for a second year. I’m sure you all remember what happened last time they won: a late night party. Without a doubt, another one is going on right now.

Seated in the middle of the room were Ron, Lily, and James along with the other members of the team. There was a refreshment table set up at one end with every food imaginable. Obviously someone took a little trip down to the kitchens before the match. There was also something that looked rather like a Coke machine. It produced butterbeer, the warmest most soothing drink that was allowed for the young witches and wizards in training. Hermione sat opposite Ron with a glazed look in her eyes. It had been a long day; perhaps she was just tired.

Ron and James were taking turns recounting the match for the umpteenth time. Their excited voices could be heard echoing throughout the dormitories as well as the common room below. “And then,” James said dramatically pausing to ruffle his hair a bit, “I swooped over to the Slytherins ever so carefully and closed my fist around the snitch, but not without dodging the angry Slytherin team.” Okay, so he was exaggerating a bit, but it seemed the others, particularly Dennis and Colin Creevy, liked it better with the effects. After clapping James on the back Ron got up and stretched.

“Anyone for another butterbeer?” He called as he made his way towards the machine. Immediately a bunch of hands were raised indicating that they wanted some. Rolling his eyes lightly he smirked. “Well get it yourself!” He pushed a bright red button making a bottle of the foamy liquid come out the hole. He uncorked it and tossed the bottle cap in the rubbish bin before draining it in one gulp. A line formed behind Hermione as they waited for their own turn for a butterbeer. Truthfully, since the beginning of this party they had all had their fill of them, but just couldn’t seem to get enough. I mean sure butterbeer’s great, but it’s not that great.

After that last one, Hermione seemed to have had it. She began running around the common room flapping her arms like a duck much to the enjoyment of Ron and James. Lily however was nowhere to be found…

They boys continued to take turns at the machine drinking way too much at a time. Ron and James flopped onto the couch next to Hermione laughing woozily. James smirked as Hermione began to “peck” at his cheeks much to the annoyance of Ron.

“Get off of ‘er!” Ron yelled defensively.

“Er-Ron, she came onto me!” James shot back. They went back and forth for a while before Ron tackled James knocking over the butterbeer machine making it break into a million pieces. The group of students huddled around the now ruined machine gasped. Seamus Finnigan in particular seemed mad.

“They ruined our fun!” Seamus pointed at James and Ron. Catching each others’ eyes they scrambled to their feet and hurtled towards the portrait hole. This only caused the form of Seamus to laugh. “They’ll be back. They left their beloved girlfriend here!”

At the moment Ron was trying to wretch open the door leading to the outside to no avail. “She’s not my girlfriend!”

James yelled indignantly. “He fancies her!” Ron’s ears went red in an instant. He abandoned his attempt at getting the door open and stood there glaring at James as if trying to see through him. Hermione seemed oblivious to the whole thing. She was currently running in mad circles around the couch. “Look, I didn’t mean,” James trailed off. Seeing the advancing butterbeer mob he grabbed Hermione’s shirt sleeve and made a mad dash for the door with Ron at his heels.

Now, Seamus had gotten the others to carry torches and what seemed to be homemade pitchforks. Running down the hall the threesome ducked behind a tapestry leading somewhere even James didn’t know. Panting and breathing heavily they slumped onto the floor.

“Where do you come off telling everyone my secret love life?” Ron muttered between heavy, slow breaths.

“Sorry, mate,” James panted. “Not that it really matters. Since they’re all drunk on butterbeer they won’t remember any of this in the morning.” He laughed. He never imagined getting drunk on butterbeer of all things, but it seemed they were all drunk.

Ron nodded thoughtfully watching the oblivious Hermione run off to the end of the passageway. “What do you reckon?”

James shook his head slowly. “No idea.” They both got up and followed her to the end where the passageway turned sharply. For some reason unknown to the boys she let them go ahead of her. “After you,” James muttered apprehensively as he pushed Ron forward.

“Wait!” Unfortunately, Ron couldn’t completely get his thoughts out before he was falling off the edge of some weird cliff. Before he went over all the way he grabbed the hem of James’ robes pulling him down as well. Hermione blinked before looking over the edge. It seemed to be a sort of stone slide. Figuring this was all right she jumped on headfirst. Yep, the butterbeer has definitely had an effect on all of them.

They landed with a THUD on the stone floor beneath the slide but not before going through another tapestry. This one looked familiar to both Ron and Hermione. It was the same one that hung on the wall of the Room of Requirement.

“Where are we?” James asked clueless.

“The Room of,” Hermione trailed off collapsing on the blue carpet beneath her.

“Bloody,” Ron couldn’t finish his sentence because he had just let out a deep hiccup. James was sure Filch would have heard that. Before darting back up the slide, though, he noticed something: a blue beanbag chair with something curled up inside of it, or rather someone.

You guessed it, Lily had wandered off apparently drunk and ended up here. James sighed heavily before poking her in the back urging her to wake up. Footsteps echoed off the stone walls from outside; Filch and his bloody cat were coming. Ron had dragged Hermione off of the ground and into the tunnel, but James wasn’t having much luck. Lily looked at him viciously before hissing and scurrying up the slide behind Ron.

James threw up his hands irritably. “Whatever,” had just escaped his lips as the door clicked open. He made a mad dash to the tunnel and hurried up it. Mrs. Norris was sniffing around below. All four were now holding their breath. James because he was afraid of being caught and the other three were apparently having a “How long can you hold you breath?” contest. All seemed well. From underneath them they heard “It appears there’s no one here.” But then of all moments Hermione sneezed, loudly. It echoed off the walls of the tunnel and up through the castle.

“Run!” Ron screamed as all four leapt up and dashed out the tapestry and towards the Gryffindor Common Room. There were a few problems here. One, none of them remembered the password and two, the Fat Lady was gone.

“Great,” James muttered.

“Great,” Hermione repeated clapping her hands together like an excited four-year-old. Lily was curled up under the empty frame and Hermione was now slumped beside her. Both were asleep within minutes. Ron and James however, were not so lucky. Coming around the corner was none other then the butterbeer mob.

“There they are!” Seamus snarled with a crazed look in his eyes. Not far behind him were Dean who seemed to be foaming at the mouth and Parvati who was drooling uncontrollably onto Lavender’s robes. Lavender was petting the top of Neville’s head as if it were a dog and Neville was holding one of his shoes like it was a baby. They all held torches and pitchforks, with the exception of Neville.

“Er-Guys, maybe we should talk about this?” Ron offered as he backed up. He then realized he was up against the wall with nowhere to go. The mob was closing in.

“It’s just a little butterbeer,” James moaned as he too slid against the wall. This appeared to be the wrong thing to say because the oncoming mob closed in around them even more. Closing his eyes James gulped. This was how his life was going to end. He could see the headlines of the Daily Prophet now. “Boys Killed by Angry Mob of Drunken Students.”

With his back against the wall Ron felt something poking into his ribs. He slowly pulled out his wand. How could they ever be so stupid? Oh, that’s right they were all drunk. That explains it. He pulled it out and threw it across the hall. Okay, not your normal escape attempt but either way the whole mob went running after the stick. Maybe they wanted to play fetch.

It was then a voice behind them muttered “Do you want in or not? The ruckus woke me up.” It was the Fat Lady; she had returned. A light bulb must have gone off in Hermione’s head jut then because she jumped from her spot on the floor to an upright position. After moving so quickly she got a bad crick in her neck. She rubbed her neck stupidly with one hand and muttered the password “Butterbeer,” of all things.

After clambering through they heard the portrait door close with a snap. Not long after they also heard people throwing themselves against the door trying to get inside, most likely the butterbeer mob. After all that they certainly were not going to let them inside. Anyway, they had all fallen asleep on the floor after coming in. If this is what being drunk on butterbeer is like, I’d hate to see a butterbeer hangover. Oh, that’s right we will see that tomorrow when the Gryffindors wake up. Er-that is if they wake up and decide to get out of bed.
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=8564