All Alone by savvy33
Summary: She left him. Two years later, he still hasn't picked up the pieces and moved on.
Categories: Ron/Hermione Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 989 Read: 3288 Published: 11/08/10 Updated: 11/11/10
Story Notes:
This fic was written by Sara.

1. Chapter 1 by savvy33

Chapter 1 by savvy33
Stupid party, Ron thought angrily, cursing himself. Why in the name of Merlin had he let George talk him into coming? He didn't even like parties. He never had, and he never would.

All around him, people were laughing and dancing and having a wonderful time. It was a Battle of Hogwarts Reunion Party in the Great Hall at Hogwarts. The students were in another smaller room having their own party. The Weird Sisters were on the stage – which was really an old, empty Muggle refrigerator that was turned upside down – playing extremely loud and annoying rock music. It was giving Ron a major headache. He stalked to the corner of the room and leaned against the wall, glaring at anyone who looked at him.

He scanned the room and frowned. Everyone was having too much fun for his liking. It was as though they had put away all their troubles for one day, something he could never do.

Not since she left.

Ron could hardly think her name anymore. It was torment. Hermione. Oh, how he wished he could see her again. Hold her. Tell her he was sorry. He could still see clearly in his mind, the day that had changed everything.

“Ronald, what do you think you are doing?” Hermione said in a shrill voice. He looked up and saw her glaring at him, hands on her hips.

“I'm just reading the Daily Prophet,” he said, defensively.

He was sitting at the kitchen table still wearing his pajamas.

“Yes, and you've been reading the Daily Prophet for the past three hours,” she snapped. “We have a meeting to go to at the Ministry in five minutes, and you aren't nearly ready.”

“All I got to do is throw on some clothes.”

“YOU WERE ONLY GOING TO THROW ON SOME CLOTHES?” she shrieked.

“Well, yeah. What else am I supposed to do?”

“Oh I don't know,” she said sarcastically. “Rack your brains, Ronald Weasley, and I'm sure you'll think of something.”

“Well maybe I should shave...”

“No, really?” She rolled her eyes. “I honestly think that you could figure that out for yourself.”

“And I guess I could shower...”

“YOU HAVEN'T SHOWERED YET?” Hermione hollered, her face red in frustration. “YOU DISGUTING PIECE OF-”

“Actually, I haven't showered for the past few days,” Ron mumbled.

Hermione stopped mid-sentence. She just stared at him, her brown eyes boring into his face.

“That's it,” she said finally. “I'm done.” She trudged down the hallway and into their room.

Ron got up from the wood chair by the kitchen table and followed her into the room.

“What do you mean?” he demanded.

She looked up at him, her eyes sad. “Ron, I can’t live like this anymore.”

Ron watched, despairingly, as she packed all of her belongings into her trunk. Just because he wasn't that organized this morning she was leaving. He couldn't believe it. How could she forget all the good times?

Ron ran after her as she walked out the bedroom door and down the hallway.

“Hermione,” he said weakly, pulling her into his arms.

She put her hand gently on his face. “I have to go.” And with that she pulled away and was gone.


Ron wiped his eyes, so he wouldn't look like he'd been crying. He wished he could just erase that memory from his mind.

He looked through the crowd and saw George dancing with Angelina. Even Percy was here with Audrey.

He was the only of his siblings who hadn't gotten married yet, as his mother was always too keen to remind him.

George came over. “Were you crying?” he asked, frowning. Obviously wondering why his younger brother would be crying at a party.

“No,” Ron snapped.

“Then why are your eyes all red and puffy?”

Ron just glared at George. “What do you want?” he grumbled.

“I just noticed that you were over here all alone. Why don't you join in the fun? I could hook you up with someone,” George offered. “There are plenty of single women here.”

“No thanks,” Ron replied, disgruntled.

“You could at least try to have fun,” George told him. “I know that it broke your heart when she left, but that was two years ago, mate. It's time to move on, meet some new people. Who knows? You might find a girl that’s just as good as Herm-”

“DON'T TALK ABOUT WHAT YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND!” Ron bellowed. Everyone at the party stopped what they were doing and turned to stare at him.

“I was just trying to-” George started to say.

“YOU THINK THAT I CAN JUST MOVE ON! WELL I CAN'T, SO GET THAT INTO YOUR THICK HEAD. WHEN SHE LEFT I LOST EVERYTHING. CAN'T YOU SEE THAT? I'M NOT GOING TO SEARCH FOR ANOTHER GIRL WHEN I ALREADY FOUND THE PERFECT ONE.”

Ron stopped, his face full of fury. He couldn't bring himself to say anymore.

George just backed away, concerned for his brother's mental health.

Professor Slughorn and a few other teachers rushed over.

“Is there a problem?” Slughorn asked.

Ron didn't say anything; he just stared at Slughorn, trying to suppress his rage.

“No, sir,” George said to Slughorn. “There's no problem.”

“Good,” Slughorn replied simply. To the guests at the party, he said, “Okay then. There's been a little mix up. Nothing to worry about, just go back to what you were doing.”

A few moments later the room was back to normal and the Weird Sisters continued playing. No one stopped Ron as he walked out of the room and into the Entrance Hall, where he sat down on the marble staircase and stared at the floor. He wished desperately that he could undo everything that had happened two years ago. But he couldn’t. Even magic couldn’t help him fix love.

A tear ran down his nose and splashed onto the floor. If only she knew.
End Notes:
Thanks for reading! Please take the time to review and be honest. If you hated it, tell me that. This is a one-shot, but I think there's a story here, so let me know if you want more.
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=87313