Revelation by Xaron
Summary: For as long as anyone can remember, Wizards have hid themselves. But enough is enough, it is time to reveal the truth. After all, Wizards are safer now. They don't have a single Wizard trying to wipe out all Mudbloods and Muggles anymore, right? Wrong. Aaron Magnus, Head of the Hit Wizard Department, knows that there is another dark wizard on the loose and he is willing to do anything to catch him. It is time for a revelation.
Categories: Mystery Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: No Word count: 2341 Read: 1409 Published: 04/26/11 Updated: 04/29/11
Story Notes:
Thanks to my betas, without whom this story would not have been approved.

1. The Beginning of the End by Xaron

The Beginning of the End by Xaron
A tall, black haired man was walking through the Ministry Atrium. He was holding a Daily Prophet, on which a blond man was speaking in front of large numbered crowd. Below the picture was written:

“LOXIAS: IS HE CRAZY OR GENIUS?”
Loxias: “Muggles have been destroying this planet for a long, long time! We have all suffered from their wars in the past, we suffer now in the present and we will suffer in future if we don’t change something! You may say that we weren’t any better. That’s true, but we have changed! We don’t kill each other anymore and we don’t use technology for evil like they do! Their ‘nuclear’ weapons, as they call them, are the biggest threat to us all! I’m telling you now; we have to stop them, because they can’t stop themselves!”


“Crazy, if you ask me,” said someone.

Magnus turned around and said, “Then it’s good that they don’t ask you, Potter.”

“Pleasant as always, Magnus,” said Harry, smiling.

“You’re welcome,” Magnus replied. “This man, Loxias, he has a good point. Too bad he will probably be written off as crazy.”

“Well, both you and I know that things aren’t that perfect in here,” Harry said.

“I know it much better, Potter. Your office is still trying to find those two thieves that
robbed Twilfitt and Tatting’s, while we are on the verge of capturing a dark wizard,” said Magnus with great pleasure.

“What? What dark wizard?” Harry said, shocked.

They entered the lift. Magnus looked to see if anyone was listening.

“Well, I guess I can tell you. After all, you are the Head of the Auror office.”

Magnus leaned towards Harry.

“We don’t know who he is, but we have been tracing him for last three months and I think we finally have a lead on his whereabouts.” Magnus whispered.

“I still don’t understand why the Auror office wasn’t informed about that,” Harry said reproachfully.

“Don’t take this the wrong way, but we have been working on this case for a long time. You can’t screw it up,” Magnus replied harshly.

They looked at each other until the lift stopped and Magnus said, “This is our exit.”
They both left the lift and went through the hallway. Harry stopped by the door that read ‘Auror Office’.

“See you later, Aaron,” said Harry and entered the office.

Magnus continued to walk through the hallway until he saw the door that read ‘Hit Wizard Office’.

He entered through the door. It was another hallway, but this one was much darker. On the walls, illuminated by a purple light, were pictures of former heads of the Hit Wizard office.

Magnus entered the meeting room. In the middle of the room was a large black desk, around which a group of men were sitting.

Magnus said, “I hope there is good news.”

“Yes there is, Magnus,” said an elderly man.

“What is it, Gumboil?” Magnus asked.

“We have a good lead on that dark wizard’s whereabouts.”

Magnus smiled. “Great, I was hoping for that. Are you sure it is a trustworthy lead? Who got it?”

“I did! He is hiding in town called Sticklepath!” said a young man in the back.

“Well, Tiberius, that is a surprise. May I ask you where you got that information?”
said Magnus.

“It happened earlier tonight while I was in the Leaky Cauldron, drinking, when this man came in. The second he entered, he fell to the ground. I ran to help him. When I was next to him I saw that he was covered in blood and scars. I asked him what had happened; he only said that somebody punished him and that he needs to talk with an Auror. I said that I could help him. He looked at me, and then it started to leak,” said Tiberius while looking at the faces of his fellow Hit Wizards.

“What started to leak?” Magnus asked.

“His memories,” said Tiberius dramatically. “After that, I took him to St. Mungo’s but he didn’t make it. Later, I took his memories to the nearest Pensieve and watched them.”

“And where are these memories now?” said Magnus suspiciously.

“They’re gone.” Tiberius lowered his head in shame.

“Gone?” said Magnus, looking right into Tiberius’s eyes.

“After I watched them, I rushed to the Ministry and forgot to place the memories in safety. On my way here I realised it, but by the time I returned, they were gone. I’m so sorry, Magnus, but you have to believe me, I would never lie to you.”

Magnus looked at Gumboil who nodded.

“Tiberius. Come with me, please,” Magnus requested.

Tiberius stood up and left the room with Magnus.

“Where are we going?” asked Tiberius.

“Here we are.” They entered the office that read ‘Aaron Magnus “ Head of Hit Wizard Office’.

“Why are we here? You believe me Magnus, don’t you?”

“Sit down,” Magnus said while raising his wand and pointing it at Tiberius’s head.

“What are you doing? I’m not lying. You have to believe me, please!” Tiberius begged.

“Legilimens!” Magnus’ mind connected with Tiberius’s.

After few seconds, Magnus put his wand back.

“Excuse me for doing that, I had to check.”

“It’s fine. At first, I thought you were going to curse me,” Tiberius quickly corrected himself, “not that there was a reason to.”

“Let’s go,” said Magnus.

They left Magnus’s office and headed back to the meeting room.

“Everybody, listen. I will go alone to Sticklepath. I don’t want anyone else to go. I have no time to explain. Time is of the essence,” Magnus was about to go when Gumboil and another wizard stopped him.

“What is all this about? This mission is too dangerous for anyone to go alone,” the unnamed wizard said.

“You have to trust me on this one. Besides, I am not just anyone,” said Magnus while leaving the room, smiling.





He was in a small town; there was not a living soul on the streets. The silence that surrounded him was terrifying he feared for the worst. Magnus took out his wand, but in the dark around him, he could barely see.

He walked across the empty town square until he came to the World War II memorial. He remembered Loxias’ article in the Daily Prophet, who had said that wizards don’t kill each other anymore. Magnus knew Loxias was wrong.

Suddenly, he heard a noise. The tip of his wand lit up and he saw Inferi. They were coming from every direction. Thought he was terrified, he kept a calm demeanor.

He raised his wand and from the tip of it a giant, flaming bird exited. It attacked the Inferi and burned most of them. His calmness was leaving him and he knew he had to get away. He didn’t want to chase the one that escaped. Instead, he Apparated back to the Ministry.


As soon as he came to the Ministry, he rushed to the Auror office. On his way there, he was stopped by Gumboil.
“Magnus, you’ve come back already. What happened?” he asked, taking in Magnus shocked expression.

“It was a trap! He knew I was coming. He killed them all…”

Now it was Gumboil’s turn to be shocked. He had never seen Magnus like this before.

“I know we shouldn’t have trusted that…” Gumboil was interrupted by Magnus.

“Listen to me! Take Davis and go with him to Sticklepath, see if there is anyone still alive. I have to do something else,” said Magnus.

Magnus knocked on the door of Harry’s office.
“Come in,” Harry said.
Magnus entered. “What brings you here Aaron? Did you come to brag?” Harry joked.

“Harry, a few years ago you told me about the night you defeated Tom Riddle,” Magnus said, moving closer to Harry.

“Yes…” Harry said slowly.

“You mentioned that, at some point during the battle, you went into the Forbidden Forest hidden under your Cloak of Invisibility. At that moment, you were holding Riddle’s Horcrux.”

“Yes, a Resurrection Stone. What is this all about?” Harry asked.

Magnus ignored Harry’s question and asked, “Where is the Stone now?”

“I dropped it while I was in the forest that night. It’s gone.”

“Unfortunately, Harry, I don’t think it is,” Magnus said.

“What are you trying to say, Aaron?” Harry was losing his patience.

“Did anyone see you while you were in the forest?” Magnus asked, looking right into Harry’s eyes.

“No, I don’t…”

Magnus interrupted Harry. “Concentrate Harry, try to remember!”

“Nobody saw me Aaron! I assure you!”

“All right,” Magnus said, pretending he was leaving. “I’m sorry for this.”

Magnus took out his wand and pointed it at Harry’s head. Harry tried to defend himself, but he was too slow to stop Magnus. Magnus shouted, “Legilimens!”

He withdrew his wand and Harry shouted, "Why did you do that?!"

"Where can I find Neville Longbottom?" Magnus asked. That was the only thing he needed to know.

"What? What gives you the right to invade my mind?" Harry shouted.

He got no reply, as Magnus did not want to tell him.

“I’ll ask you one more time, if you don’t answer I will take it out by force!”

Harry knew Magnus was serious, so he told him. "Neville is a Herbology teacher at Hogwarts.” Magnus was almost out the door already when Harry asked, “Why do you want to know Neville's whereabouts?"

Magnus had gotten what he needed. He was going to Hogwarts.



There was nobody in the Headmaster's office. A bright green light suddenly flashed. Magnus walked out of fireplace and looked around. He saw that there was no one there, so he left to go to the Herbology greenhouse.

The greenhouse was empty. For a moment, he looked around, then, suddenly, someone entered. It was Neville; he was holding a Mimbulus Mimbletonia.
"Who are you?" Neville asked, frightened.

"My name is Aaron Magnus. I work for the Ministry for Magic; I’m a Hit Wizard."

“Can I help you?" Neville asked.

"Yes, you can," replied Magnus.

”Well, how?” Neville was pretending to work on his plant.

"You are suspected of taking a part in crime involving Dark Magic!" said Magnus.

For a few seconds, Neville couldn't talk.

“What?” he asked finally.

"Earlier tonight, I was attacked by great number of Inferi. As you know, that can only be done with extremely dark magic," Magnus said, as calmly as he could.

"And what does that have to do with me? For Merlin's sake, I was at Hogwarts all night!" Neville said.

Magnus only smiled, "So you wouldn't mind if I check that?"

Neville was relieved. "Do what you need to. I assure you, I had nothing to do with this."

"All right then..." He raised his wand and said, "Legilimens!"

A moment later, Neville regained consciousness. He looked around and saw Magnus casting yet another spell on him. A silver rope came out his wand and wrapped around Neville's hands.

"Why are you doing this to me?" Neville asked.

"You are under arrest,” Magnus said this with great pleasure while he watched Neville's face becoming pale.

Neville almost started to cry. "No! That cannot be true! No!"

"Well, it is ... Off we go," Magnus raised his wand, and Neville stood up.

"I didn't have anything to do with that. I assure you!" Neville said this, as it was his last chance.

Magnus stopped and so did Neville, "Do you know what the Resurrection Stone is?"

Neville choked a bit. "No, I've never heard of such thing."

"Stop lying," Magnus said, "I looked into your mind and what I saw says otherwise!"

They started to walk again.

"I don't know what you’re talking about!"

Magnus looked at Neville and said, "You can tell that to the Wizengamot."

Finally, they came to Headmaster's office. Magnus grabbed Floo powder and threw it into the fireplace simultaneously saying, “Ministry of Magic.”

Magnus grabbed Neville and pushed him into the fireplace. He entered just after him. They were going to the Ministry of Magic.



Minister Kingsley Shacklebolt was in his office when someone knocked on the door.

"Come in,” he said in his slow, deep voice.

Magnus entered and sat opposite the Minister.

The Minister looked weak, as though he had spent the night in Azkaban. In his hands, he held a Daily Prophet. On the cover was Loxias.

“Good evening, Minister. Tiring day?” Magnus said, with a small grin on his face.

“This thing with Loxias is driving me mad. His followers are growing each day and I don’t know how to stop this nonsense,” Kingsley said.

“Minister, do you really think people will follow Loxias into revealing themselves to Muggles?”

“They can’t do anything without my permission, and I will never give one. But by the looks of the things, it would not surprise me if they decide to reveal themselves anyway.” Kingsley said desperately.

“Well, I think Loxias has a good point, Minister, and you’re too scared to admit it,” Magnus said.

"What brings you here Magnus?" Kingsley was quite annoyed.

“I came because I have arrested a suspect linked to Dark Magic."

Kingsley thought he would finally hear some good news. "Who?" he asked.

"Neville Longbottom," Magnus said it slowly.

"Neville Longbottom?" Kingsley displayed the same pale color that Neville had earlier.

"I want to have a trial for him, as soon as possible," Magnus said it directly.

Kingsley was quite annoyed. "Is this some sort of a joke, Magnus?"

"No, this is not a joke, Minister. Can you arrange that?"

Kingsley was still in shock. "He would never..."

”The trial will decide that.”

Minister Kingsley Shacklebolt stared as Magnus left Minister's office and headed to the Department of Magical Law Enforcement.
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=88759