Princess by PInk_Witch
Summary: Ginny Weasley has always been Arthur's princess. As her wedding proceeds, Arthur takes a look at her life from birth to twenty. Will Arthur agree that Harry is the right prince for his princess?
Categories: General Fics Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1065 Read: 2625 Published: 04/30/11 Updated: 05/01/11

1. Princess by PInk_Witch

Princess by PInk_Witch
"Get up! Ginny! You - have - to - get - up!" Hermione shook Ginny. Today was her wedding day. It was eight thirty in the morning.

Ginny rolled out of bed and looked in the mirror.

"Ahhhhhh!" Ginny screamed.

"What?" asked Hermione.

"Look at my hair! It looks horrible! It will take ages to comb it all out!" Hermione knew what Ginny was talking about, but then decided to give her a little help.

"Ginny, you are a witch. You can use magic to do your hair." Ginny sighed. Hermione knew that she was very stressed, so she decided to do Ginny's hair.

She held up her wand and pointed it at the back of Ginny's head. Without any words spoken aloud, Ginny's hair curled into soft sparkling waves. Ginny thanked her and went to the closet. She pulled out her soft white wedding gown.

Ginny pulled the dress over her head and stood in front of the mirror.

"Well, how do I look?" Ginny asked Hermione.

"You look amazing." Ginny smiled. Today was going to be magical.

They looked out the window at the group of people standing in the orchard.

"Ginny, Harry will drop dead once he sees you! You are so beautiful!"

"Thanks Hermione. That means a lot." The girls smiled, and then finished getting ready.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“I’ll go find Ron, and make sure that everything is in order,” Hermione said. Ginny nodded and floated down the stairs.

Ginny met Arthur at the bottom.

"You look beautiful, Ginny. I love you."

"I love you, too, Dad." She said. Arthur knew that she meant it with the utmost sincerity.

The two walked arm in arm out of the Burrow.

'She's my little princess. Is Harry the right prince? Without thinking much about it, he knew that there would never be anyone better for his little girl.

'Ah…..the day she was born was the happiest day of my life. I love all of my children equally, but I love Ginny with a different kind of love. I will never forget the first time I saw my daughter. She had bright red fuzz on the tip top of her head, but I knew that she would be like her mother. The hair, the eyes…..what does Harry see when he looks in her deep brown eyes? Is it the same thing that I see when I look into Molly's eyes?'

The family members that were helping seat people had just arrived. They started to seat family and friends in the chairs set up in the orchard.

'I remember when Ginny was six; she always wanted to ride the brooms like her brothers. She always wanted to play with the older boys, especially Bill and Charlie. She was determined to go to Hogwarts when it was Fred and George's first year. She always knew what she wanted; she still does.'

The bride's maids and groom's men started to walk down the aisle.

'Looking back, I am very lucky to have my little girl. In her first year at Hogwarts, she found this diary. It contained magic that I have never even heard of before. She almost died down in the Chamber of Secrets. Harry saved her; another reason why Harry is perfect for her.'

The ring bearer walked down the aisle next.

'When she was thirteen, Neville Longbottom took Ginny to the Yule Ball. That night was her first date. From then on, Ginny seemed to never go without a boyfriend. Molly wasn't too sure about it. I think that Ginny reminded her of herself too much.

The ring bearer was followed by the flower girl.

'Then, by the time she was fifteen, Harry finally figured out that he loved Ginny. They only dated for a few months, though. He broke up with her to keep her safe. He always did things that were noble, but not completely tolerated by the Weasly women. That is why he is the best man in the world for my princess. Then there was when she was sixteen; she saw so much death that day. Molly and I didn't even want her to be at the battle. She saw some of her good friends die. That was horrible for everyone, but she wasn't even of age, she could have died.

It was now their turn to walk down the aisle. The music started to play. They slowly glided down the aisle. Arthur's mind slowly turned back to Ginny's life.

'Ginny was so pretty. Harry was so lucky to have her as his wife. They would be so happy, and they would have lots of wonderful and cherished moments. They would have lots of children and they would be very happy.

Arthur kissed Ginny gently on the cheek and left Ginny at the alter with Harry. The rest of the wedding went smoothly and soon they were all dancing on the make-shift dance floor. While Harry and Ginny danced, Arthur thought.

'Well, they are perfect for each other. Ginny is definitely his princess, but Harry is, and forever will be, her prince.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Ginny stood dancing with Harry. She looked into his deep green eyes; he smiled. She loved when he did that.

"I love you," he whispered in her ear. She smiled and stood taller to kiss him.

When they broke apart, Ginny was smiling from ear to ear.

'I love Harry. He's my prince. He's so perfect, this must be a fairytale!'

Ginny rested her head on his chest. He was just tall enough that he could now easily rest his chin on her head. His lips swept the top of her head.

They stood in each other's embraces. Hermione and Ron, Molly and Arthur, Bill and Fleur, and many more couples were dancing around them. The music played softly as they turned and swayed. One song ended and flowed right into the next. Ginny and Harry danced slowly on the make-shift dance floor and didn't notice anything going on around them.

'This is going to be my happily ever after,' thought Ginny, 'I married my prince, and now, we are going to live happily ever after! It's a fairytale ending!'

Ginny and Harry danced gradually. She put her arms around his neck.

"I love you, Harry Potter," she whispered. He smiled and said he loved her with a kiss.

'This,' thought Ginny, 'Is perfect!'

And it was.
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=88783