Two Halves by KaleidoscopeKate
Summary: Fred and George, in all of their irresistible sexiness, decide to ask out the Patil twins, but the date is a flop. Years later, two half-sets of twins remain alive and begin a reluctant friends
Categories: Humor Fics Characters: None
Warnings: Mild Profanity
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: No Word count: 842 Read: 2277 Published: 08/02/11 Updated: 08/16/11

1. I Don't Have a Raisin by KaleidoscopeKate

I Don't Have a Raisin by KaleidoscopeKate
'All right, mate,' Fred patted his twin on the back. 'You can do this.'

'You?' George scoffed. 'You? There's no you or me in this. We're either in it, both of us, or we're not. I'm not asking out both of the Patil twins on a date with just me. Git.'

'I'm not saying you should ask them both out on a date with just you. I'm saying you should ask them out on a date with you and me while I sit back and have a good chat with ol' Peeves here about planning for a certain fine day in April.'

Peeves zoomed past, cackling, and soared straight through Fred. Beaming wildly, Fred saluted his twin and began to turn in the direction Peeves had taken off. 'Cheers, George.'

'Stupefy!' George shouted impulsively at his twin. Fred turned around, amused and to George's dismay, unstunned.

'You know, it generally helps to have a wand when casting spells,' Fred informed him.

'Yes, I bloody well know that,' George snapped. 'Now come ask out the Patils with me. I'm starting to get frustrated with you now, and I'm not as sexy when I'm frustrated.'

'That would never do,' Fred agreed. 'If I'm going to send you to ask them out alone, you've got to be top-notch sexy. I suppose I'll have to come with you.'

'That would be lovely,' George rolled his eyes and the two brothers began their trek down the corridor to a small alcove where Padma and Parvati appeared to be studying.

'Crikes, I'm getting nervous.' Fred came to a sudden halt.

'Fred.' George turned to him seriously and looked him in the eyes. 'You're ridiculously sexy. It's a bloody gift of God that there are two of you. See the girls over there?'

He jolted his head toward Padma and Parvati. Fred nodded nervously.

'They're also ridiculously sexy. And when I say my prayers-'

'You don't pray, George.'

'As I was saying, when I say my prayers, I bloody well thank God that there are two of them.'

'Where exactly are you going with this, George?'

'It's inevitable! Sexy redhead twins with sexy Indian twins! It makes sense, mate!'

Fred pondered this. 'I suppose you're right.'

'Bloody hell I am. Now, I want you to hypothetically get up off your arse and come with me to ask them out.'

Fred nodded, and the brothers began their way down the corridor once more. They stopped directly in front of the Patils, hoping for a dramatic effect of extremely irresistible sex appeal.

'Fred. George,' Parvati glanced up to acknowledge her fellow Gryffindors, then returned to her Potions textbook. Padma's eyes never left hers.

'Hi, Parvati,' Fred said cordially. 'Padma.'

Padma looked at the brothers disdainfully, as if they were a hair in her pudding. 'Do you need something?'

'Yeah, a raisin,' George answered quickly, exchanging an excited glance with Fred. This was perfect. Almost too perfect.

'Erm, I don't think I have a-'

'Then how about a date?' The twins finished together, beaming down at the befuddled girls.

Padma and Parvati exchanged incredulous glances. George held his breath and mentally crossed his fingers.

'Well, that was…' Parvati began.

'Kinda…' Padma squinted her eyes at her twin.

'Cute.' They giggled together.

'And ridiculously idiotic,' Padma added.

'Seriously, you shouldn't try it on any other girls. Ever,' Parvati agreed.

'So…' Fred bit his lip. 'Is that a yes?'

Padma and Parvati looked at each other for a moment as if telepathically discussing pros and cons, then turned back to the boys and nodded in sync.

George let out a large but silent sigh. He could breathe again.

'Great!' Fred grinned and subtly fist-bumped George behind his back.

'We'll meet you at the entrance to Hogsmeade at…'

'Wait,' Parvati interjected.

The two Weasleys' eyes grew wide, and they looked at each other, wondering why Parvati Patil was so strongly opposed to a date in Hogsmeade. It's not like there was any place else to go on dates. The Potions dungeon wasn't their idea of a good time.

'This may seem a bit…' Padma fished for the words.

'Well, it shouldn't,' Parvati disregarded her sister. 'Because it's perfectly justified. Who's going out with who?'

'Er…what?' George asked stupidly.

'Which one of us,' Padma began, gesturing to herself and Parvati, 'is going out with which one of you?' She pointed at the twins.

Fred didn't skip a beat. 'I've always had a thing for Ravenclaws,' he said with a wink.

'Well, I prefer to date within my own house,' George added as consolation for Parvati.

The two girls rolled their eyes, but were obviously blown away by the fit, charming devils who had recently stepped into their lives.

'We'll meet you at eight tonight,' George told them, and Fred winked again (which George would later fuss at him for).

The brothers strode away with confidence reborn, leaving Padma and Parvati gaping.

'What did we just agree to…' Padma muttered.

'Padma, I think we were just hypnotized by their sexiness.'
End Notes:
Please review! It would make my life!
~KaleidoscopeKate
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=89702