All We Are by melody93
Summary: Nearly two months after the Battle of Hogwarts, Hermione disappeared. Harry and Ron exhaustively looked for her throughout the entire British country and Australia. Without any results, they eventually, gave up and moved on with their lives.

Harry married Ginny, Ron married a nice unknown girl, and all was well ... until 2015, when twenty years after the last Triwizard Tournament, Hogwarts decides to hold yet another one. During the first task, Harry gets the shock of his life when he sees the Beauxbatons champion, Rose Granger, and especially when he sees her mother. He seeks out to find answers, but they're not what he expected.
Categories: Harry/Hermione Characters: None
Warnings: Epilogue? What Epilogue?
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: No Word count: 1163 Read: 4184 Published: 08/09/11 Updated: 08/18/11
Story Notes:
Thank you very much to Maple (Maple_and_PheonixFeather) for looking through this for me - it's amazing how much of a difference it made!

1. Prologue by melody93

Prologue by melody93
Author's Notes:
To me, James Potter II was born in between 1 September, 2004 and 31 August, 2005, even though the Harry Potter wiki site says it could have been somewhere between 2002-2005.
Prologue


June 29th, 1998

Member of the Golden Trio MISSING

Roughly two months after the Battle of Hogwarts, in which The Boy Who Lived defeated his lifelong arch-enemy, He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named, Hermione Granger, Muggleborn and one third of the Golden Trio, as well as an important war hero, disappeared.

‘She was just gone,’ a close source revealed, appearing utterly dumbfounded about the situation ‘No note, clothes missing, she was just … gone.’

Some say it’s because the romance between Hermione Granger and Ron didn’t work out. Others say pure jealousy of seeing Ginny Weasley with Harry Potter drove her away. However, the truth is that nobody really knows, and Hermione Granger seems intent on staying off the radar.

The Weasley family and Harry Potter refused to comment.


--

July 17th, 1998

A Trip to Australia

Last week, war heroes Harry Potter and Ronald Weasley travelled to Australia, searching for Hermione Granger. According to private sources, during the summer of 1997, Granger altered her Muggle parents’ memories and shipped them off to Australia so that they wouldn’t be caught in the cross fire of the Second War.

When questioned, Potter and Weasley admitted to having found Granger’s parents, with their memory back to normal, but ‘no Hermione’. Well boys, seems like it’s time to give up and move on.


--

November 24th, 1999

Engagement Announced!

The Boy Who Lived or, should we say, The Man Who Lived, announced his engagement to Ginevra Weasley, member of the Holyhead Harpies, only last evening, claiming to be ‘very happy’ and ‘anxious’ for the event.

‘It’s very early to predict a date, of course,’ Weasley added, ‘but we would like a summer wedding.’


--

June 5th, 2000

Second third of the Trio engaged

It seemed like it would never happen, but last Thursday, we received the confirmation that Ron Weasley and Alice Woods, his two-year long girlfriend, are currently engaged, and expect to be married within the next year.

‘I never thought I’d have the guts to propose,’ Ron Weasley said happily. ‘But, well, I did! And she was mental enough to actually say yes.’

Congratulations, Ron Weasley. Will Hermione Granger actually come to
this wedding?

--

September 3rd, 2015

Triwizard Tournament to be held at Hogwarts!

Regardless of the fiasco that occurred twenty years ago, Hogwarts has decided to host yet another Triwizard Tournament with the participation of the Beauxbatons Academy of Magic and the Durmstrang Institute students. The foreign students will arrive at the end of October.

This time, all wizards and witches 16 years or over will be allowed to enter the tournament.


--

Harry Potter sighed wearily as he read the morning Prophet, most specifically the article relating to the Triwizard Tournament.

‘What’s the matter, love?’ his wife asked, kissing his cheek as she slid bacon and eggs onto his plate.

‘They’re hosting another Triwizard Tournament this year,’ he explained, handing her the newspaper and letting her see the article. ‘Teddy will most likely compete, and I’m worried about him.’

‘Oh Harry, I’m sure it won’t be as dangerous as it was during your year,’ she said, squeezing his arm lightly. ‘They’re lowering the age of admission and everything, it must mean something. Besides, there’s no crazy Death Eater impersonating a teacher and rigging the Tournament this time around.’

‘Still,’ he said, sighing again and pushing his bacon around the plate, ‘I worry.’

‘Don’t we all?’ she asked, before kissing his cheek again and going up the stairs to wake up their kids. ‘Besides,’ she said, turning around, ‘it’s not like it’s a sure thing he’ll actually be chosen to represent Hogwarts.’

Harry nodded grudgingly and ate a piece of his bacon as he waited for the kids to come down. Barely five minutes had gone by when three barely awake kids clambered down the stairs, mumbling about something that suspiciously sounded like ‘too early’.

‘Good morning, dad,’ little Lily said happily, sitting down next to him and grabbing a spoon, waiting for him to pour milk on her cereal.

‘Good morning, sweetheart,’ he said, pouring her milk and setting down the milk carton. ‘Did you sleep well?’

‘Not really,’ she said, swinging her legs under the table. ‘I wanted to be at Hogwarts.’

Ginny chuckled, while spreading some butter on a piece of toast, sitting across from her husband. ‘Oh really?’

‘Yes!’ she said excitedly. ‘Going to see Teddy off at the station got me this way.’

‘It’s already been two days,’ Harry reminded her. ‘I can’t believe you’re still hung up on that.’

‘I’ll be going soon,’ James announced proudly, puffing out his chest. ‘Before you know it, I’ll be at Hogwarts.’

‘James, you still have one year left,’ his mother pointed out. ‘And besides, you’re all excited about being in Gryffindor, but who’s to say you won’t really be in Hufflepuff or Slytherin?’

‘Slytherin?’ he shouted, spitting out his pumpkin juice. ‘No way! That will never happen!’

Harry merely rolled his eyes, along with Lily. ‘Being in Slytherin is not so bad, James.’

‘Yeah, right,’ he grumbled, picking at his eggs. ‘And also, why didn’t you say Ravenclaw? I could be in Ravenclaw, you know.’

Ginny merely snorted and took a bite of her toast, while Lily rolled her eyes. ‘James, you’re not very smart, you know?’ James replied by sticking his tongue out at her.

After breakfast was finished, Harry went up to his office to collect his things and head to work. His office was actually supposed to be a bedroom, but he and Ginny had decided that they didn’t want any more kids, so after Lily’s birth, they’d simply changed it to an office, so that Harry could work on his cases in peace.

The office only had a small desk and a few rows of book shelves. The office was also the library, and a small sitting area. Pausing behind his desk, he looked over at the drawer he’d kept locked for the past ten years, since James had been born, and decided to open it again.

Unlocking it, he opened it and removed the stack of articles pertaining to one Hermione Granger and flipped through them. He’d long since stopped wondering if she would ever show up. After all, it had been sixteen and a half years already – she apparently didn’t want to be found by anyone.

‘Where are you?’ he thought. They’d looked so hard. They’d searched through the entire British country, through Australia as well, and nothing. Not even her parents knew of her whereabouts, simply stating that ‘she wanted to be left alone’.

Sighing deeply, he put the stack of articles back in the drawer and locked it again. He did miss her, but he was happy now – far happier than he’d been back then, anyway.
End Notes:
Thanks for reading! Oh, and Maple? Thank youu!
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=89815